PDA

View Full Version : SEMO v Stony Brook

Cocky
November 18th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Two bubble teams who were selected

Lastofthepatriots90
November 18th, 2018, 02:54 PM
After the awful performace up at Albany, hopefully the Seawolves play with some motivation.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 02:55 PM
OVC! OVC! OVC!

COME ON, SEMO! DO A THING!

bonarae
November 18th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Tough game to call with both teams playing weak opponents and not shining when their games were the most relevant for the playoffs.

Redhawks make the most of their first playoff appearance in a long time (2010) by downing the inconsistent Seawolves in a shootout.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Here's a look at how these teams matchup statistically.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4877/45947200531_93d7d6f264.jpg

KPSUL
November 18th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Stony Brook fans should be pissed off that their administration did not outbid SEMO for the home field. If SEMO had played a CAA conference schedule instead of an OVC their PPG and YPG stats would be reduced considerably.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 08:05 PM
SEMO has a pretty good offense but their defense is very hit or miss. If they hit, though, better watch out.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2018, 08:06 PM
SEMO has lived off of turnovers as well. +23 in turnover margin is a ridiculous number. If Stony Brook takes care of the ball they win comfortably is my guess.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Two bubble teams who were selected

Stony Brook backed into this one...

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 08:08 PM
SEMO has lived off of turnovers as well. +23 in turnover margin is a ridiculous number. If Stony Brook takes care of the ball they win comfortably is my guess.

Turnovers are what bit us. They are excellent at turning turnovers into points.

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Well as long as Joe “can’t throw a damn pass” Carbone is at the helm SBU should be uncomfortable.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Well as long as Joe “can’t throw a damn pass” Carbone is at the helm SBU should be uncomfortable.

Carbone will throw 15 to 18 passes and the Long Island Express will pound SEMO on the ground, get ready for Liotine and Gowins running wild

KPSUL
November 18th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Carbone will throw 15 to 18 passes and the Long Island Express will pound SEMO on the ground, get ready for Liotine and Gowins running wild

Sounds like the Stony Brook we all love to hate!

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2018, 06:54 AM
.....SEA WOLVES.....WILL BODY PUNCH.......MIZZOU......WHIFF DEY'RE RB's.......COME 4TH Q..........REDHAWKS.........DEFENSE.....SORE & TIRED..........BRAWK!

NDSUtk
November 19th, 2018, 07:13 AM
I'm going with the upset here. I think SEMO will stack the box, forcing SB to pass. SEMO snags 3 interceptions, including a pick 6.

cx500d
November 19th, 2018, 07:15 AM
I'm going with the upset here. I think SEMO will stack the box, forcing SB to pass. SEMO snags 3 interceptions, including a pick 6.

That is an outstanding tactic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 07:20 AM
I'm going with the upset here. I think SEMO will stack the box, forcing SB to pass. SEMO snags 3 interceptions, including a pick 6.Might just work. I don't think SEMO has enough consistency on D to make them rely heavily enough on the passing game. They'll need to start fast and get ahead early to force Stony Brook into it

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2018, 07:28 AM
]I'm going with the upset here[/B]. I think SEMO will stack the box,forcing SB to pass. SEMO snags 3 interceptions, including a pick 6.

.......UH....ER.....UMMM........YESTERDAY MORNIN'........NOBODAH...THOUGHT DUH HAWKS.....WORTHY............AH'LL GO WHIFF SEAWOLF....SOS..........AWK!

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 07:34 AM
.......UH....ER.....UMMM........YESTERDAY MORNIN'........NOBODAH...THOUGHT DUH HAWKS.....WORTHY............AH'LL GO WHIFF SEAWOLF....SOS..........AWK!SEMO was more deserving than a couple of teams that snuck their way. I think SEMO and SB have similar resumes. I think SEMOs win over us is better than SB over UD but SB hung tough with JMU.

If it weren't for the Albany loss I'd predict a blowout for Stony Brook. Albany is terrible.

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2018, 07:51 AM
SEMO was more deserving than a couple of teams that snuck their way. I think SEMO and SB have similar resumes. I think SEMOs win over us is better than SB over UD but SB hung tough with JMU.

If it weren't for the Albany loss I'd predict a blowout for Stony Brook. Albany is terrible.

....LOST BAH FG.....DAT HIT DUH CROSSBAR..........AWK!

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2018, 07:53 AM
....LOST BAH FG.....DAT HIT DUH CROSSBAR..........AWK!We lost in 5OT, what's your point? Still lost.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2018, 09:11 PM
Southland officiating crew in this one according to the refstripes discussion board (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0).

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2018, 09:35 PM
SEMO was more deserving than a couple of teams that snuck their way. I think SEMO and SB have similar resumes. I think SEMOs win over us is better than SB over UD but SB hung tough with JMU.

Simular resumes....that’s funny Considering the SEMO resume is written on a waffle house napkin

melloware13
November 19th, 2018, 11:24 PM
SEMO has allowed over 180 Rush YPG (granted, I don't know if there are some option teams in the middle of the country to skew it). Carbone might not have to throw more than 15 passes, Listerine and Gowins go wild

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2018, 11:44 PM
SEMO has allowed over 180 Rush YPG (granted, I don't know if there are some option teams in the middle of the country to skew it). Carbone might not have to throw more than 15 passes, Listerine and Gowins go wild"180 ypg rushing on defense is bad"

--conference with 2 option teams

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2018, 04:52 PM
CSJ's Game Preview and Fearless Predictions: Stony Brook vs. SEMO

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-first-round-playoff-preview-stony-brook-at-southeast-missouri-state-how-to-watch-and-fearless-predictions/

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 05:06 PM
CSJ's Game Preview and Fearless Predictions: Stony Brook vs. SEMO

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-first-round-playoff-preview-stony-brook-at-southeast-missouri-state-how-to-watch-and-fearless-predictions/

"SEMO:
BEST WIN: Eastern Kentucky"
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181120/0c6f80c1161bef3d10aeab7b26cc5bba.jpg

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 05:21 PM
"SEMO:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181120/0c6f80c1161bef3d10aeab7b26cc5bba.jpgThey picked Wofford to beat Elon, but said Elon could make it as far as the quarterfinals while Wofford would lose to the "clearly more athletic" KSU team.

So I think you can say these articles are BS

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 05:23 PM
They picked Wofford to beat Elon, but said Elon could make it as far as the quarterfinals while Wofford would lose to the "clearly more athletic" KSU team.

So I think you can say these articles are BS

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkI think you Wofford fans are a bit big for your britches when it comes to KSU.

Reign of Terrier
November 20th, 2018, 05:25 PM
I think you Wofford fans are a bit big for your britches when it comes to KSU.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using TapatalkThe point is it's a little weird to say the team you pick to lose would beat the team you picked to beat the team to win because, talent, or something.

Put another way: if you think team x should beat team y, it's a little weird to say it's obvious that team x will lose to team x but team y has a chance

dgtw
November 20th, 2018, 07:31 PM
SEMO has a pretty good offense but their defense is very hit or miss. If they hit, though, better watch out.

They hit pretty well the one game of theirs I watched.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2018, 07:33 PM
"SEMO:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181120/0c6f80c1161bef3d10aeab7b26cc5bba.jpg

Relax, Sparky, it was a typo, the win against the Gamecocks is now Best Win and the EKU loss was worst loss

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Relax, Sparky, it was a typo, the win against the Gamecocks is now Best Win and the EKU loss was worst loss
You know I thought that, until they called Murray State the worst loss.

It appears they've corrected the article now anyway.

Dukie95
November 21st, 2018, 07:36 AM
I think SEMO and SB have similar resumes.

Wow. You really have no idea what it's like to play in a conference like the CAA when -every- -single- -week- is a grind and a potential loss. It goes so far beyond the quality of each opponent. Coming out ahead with that grueling schedule at the macro level is not only significantly more impressive, but better prepares a team to be competitive in the playoffs.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2018, 08:52 AM
Wow. You really have no idea what it's like to play in a conference like the CAA when -every- -single- -week- is a grind and a potential loss. It goes so far beyond the quality of each opponent. Coming out ahead with that grueling schedule at the macro level is not only significantly more impressive, but better prepares a team to be competitive in the playoffs.
They beat 2 teams with a winning record, dude.

Bryant, Nova, Fordham, Richmond, and Albany are terrible and they didn't even beat Albany.

All they got going for them is beating Delaware.

SEMO ended JSU's streak.

They are completely comparable.

You sound like an MVFC elitist.

fmftballmgr
November 21st, 2018, 11:10 AM
Turnovers are what bit us. They are excellent at turning turnovers into points.

that is how they jumped out to a 31 point lead against Murray

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2018, 11:28 AM
Usually, it's safe to bet against an OVC team in the playoffs unless:
>they are playing a pioneer league/NEC team
>they are Jacksonville State
>they are playing another OVC team

But here's the thing, and JSU Southerner pointed it out, there's not much that jumps out at you with Stony Brook's resume. They have some impressive performances (Delaware, JMU, Rhode Island), and some headscratchers (Albany, Towson).

The CAA is similar to the Big Sky in that they benefit from not playing a full schedule. Like the Socon, they don't pack their OOC with world beaters (Fordham, Bryant). I know the CAA is a good conference and the OVC is reliably inferior in the playoffs, but I think Stony Brook, Delaware, and Elon are the weaker links among the CAA qualifiers because they appear to be backsliding.

Dukie95
November 21st, 2018, 11:48 AM
It's actually challenging to evaluate performances across the CAA this season. Elon, Villanova, UNH and URI all had injuries to key components of their offenses that significantly weakened their teams. Elon was the only one that was able to figure things out and hang on for a playoff bid, but they essentially became one dimensional with the run.

Stony Brook's win against Villanova was actually their best win because this was the same team led by Bednarczyk that beat Temple. Those that played Villanova while he was out faced a mere shell of that Nova team, including Maine and JMU.

I can't explain Albany....rivarly game, I guess.

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2018, 11:53 AM
What's most concerning for the CAA is the backsliding: multiple teams dropping more than 2 of their last 4 or so.

cx500d
November 21st, 2018, 11:57 AM
What's most concerning for the CAA is the backsliding: multiple teams dropping more than 2 of their last 4 or so.
Yep, both sb and del backed in with a loss against teams they should have beaten

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2018, 01:27 PM
They beat 2 teams with a winning record, dude.

Bryant, Nova, Fordham, Richmond, and Albany are terrible and they didn't even beat Albany.

All they got going for them is beating Delaware.

SEMO ended JSU's streak.

They are completely comparable.

You sound like an MVFC elitist.

I would say more like Albany has a terrible record, but send Jacksonville State to Albany with the annual forgone playoff berth on the line and you are going to find out real quick that Albany has some weapons....... terrible? in the CAA but not in the OVC

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2018, 01:33 PM
Usually, it's safe to bet against an OVC team in the playoffs unless:
>they are playing a pioneer league/NEC team
>they are Jacksonville State
>they are playing another OVC team

But here's the thing, and JSU Southerner pointed it out, there's not much that jumps out at you with Stony Brook's resume. They have some impressive performances (Delaware, JMU, Rhode Island), and some headscratchers (Albany, Towson).

The CAA is similar to the Big Sky in that they benefit from not playing a full schedule. Like the Socon, they don't pack their OOC with world beaters (Fordham, Bryant). I know the CAA is a good conference and the OVC is reliably inferior in the playoffs, but I think Stony Brook, Delaware, and Elon are the weaker links among the CAA qualifiers because they appear to be backsliding.

Nova beats Wofford if they were to play this Saturday.... you should run your posts through some verbal math algorythym that compares CAA strength vs SoCo weakness so your posts sound more factual ...

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2018, 01:40 PM

....LOTTA HEAVY HITTERS........TAIL END UH SKEDS:

TOWSON.................UD.....MAINE...ELON....JMU
STONY BROOK.........RHODEY....JMU...UD......RIVAL ALBANY
DELAWARE.............TOWSON.....STONY BROOK.....RIVAL 'NOVA
ELON......................RHODEY.....TOWSON.....MA INE

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2018, 02:52 PM
I think you Wofford fans are a bit big for your britches when it comes to KSU.

I think you’re overvaluing a KSU team that squeaked by a team who lost to SEMO and NCA&T while struggling at times in the OVC.

AKA: being a JSU fan at the start of the playoffs ;)

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2018, 03:03 PM
I didn't realize that the OVC was as bad as they really are in the playoffs.

Since 1996, they have only won 7 games in the playoffs. 5 of those wins were by JSU. The other 2 playoff wins were against Butler and Tennessee Tech (an OVC team)

That is terrible.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2018, 03:32 PM
I think you’re overvaluing a KSU team that squeaked by a team who lost to SEMO and NCA&T while struggling at times in the OVC.

AKA: being a JSU fan at the start of the playoffs ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181121/889304ce462fdf02096473dc47f984e8.gif

ming01
November 23rd, 2018, 12:11 PM
Intriguing matchup

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2018, 01:09 PM
Intriguing matchup

it is right....

Cocky
November 24th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Stony Brook takes the lead

norm4life
November 24th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Do they seriously have a camera on each of the 20 yard lines for the main camera angles? really bad

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Stony Brook ****ting the bed right now.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 03:31 PM
SEMO is crazy.

4 take aways so far.

28-0 run for the Redhawks.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Wow!! I haven't really been following this one! SBU collapse....

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Wow!! I haven't really been following this one! SBU collapse....
It was 14-0 SBU at half.

SEMO stomping SB's **** right now.

NDSUtk
November 24th, 2018, 03:42 PM
SEMO is crazy.

4 take aways so far.

28-0 run for the Redhawks.Waiting on my pick 6 to come!

Schism55
November 24th, 2018, 03:43 PM
SEMO is crazy.

4 take aways so far.

28-0 run for the Redhawks.
This ^
Their takeaway +/- is Nutso....did they sacrifice a virgin before the season?? :D

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 03:44 PM
This ^
Their takeaway +/- is Nutso....did they sacrifice a virgin before the season?? :DWho knows but I'm loving this. This is exactly the kind of performance the OVC needs. JSU gonna have to follow suit tonight.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:45 PM
OK, switching this one on

Cocky
November 24th, 2018, 03:46 PM
SEMO fans are working on the SB sideline. They are pros.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:47 PM
SEMO fans are working on the SB sideline. They are pros.
are their cheerleaders pro's?

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Anyone else's stream been saying commercial break for like 8 years now?

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:53 PM
I refreshed

Bison56
November 24th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Did Stony switch QBs?

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Big sack on 1st down!

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Did Stony switch QBs?
Yeah. Couldn't tell you why though.

Bison56
November 24th, 2018, 03:56 PM
After today I see why 6 CAA teams got in the playoffs.xrolleyesx

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 03:57 PM
After today I see why 6 CAA teams got in the playoffs.xrolleyesxI'm sure ISUb fans are livid right now.

Good stop by SEMO. Time to chew clock.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:58 PM
SEMO to get great field position

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:04 PM
I'm really nervous about SEMO not being able to put this one away right now.

SEMO NEEDS points on this drive.

Cocky
November 24th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Yeah. Couldn't tell you why though.

Appeared hurt

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Great Punt for SEMO!

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 04:12 PM
SEMO, with 11 punts, is winning 28-14, that is almost mathematically impossible. They are +27 in turnovers this year. They are either a decent team or the luckiest team in FCS football.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Wow, SEMO playing soft and conservative.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Good crowd today at SEMO. Pretty sure they drew more than JMU.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:15 PM
SEMO plz tackle

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 04:16 PM
SEMO plz tackleThe choke is starting.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:22 PM
This is it, SEMO. You're one play from a playoff W.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:23 PM
SACK! SEMO IS GONNA WIN!!! HOT DAMN!

Bison56
CAA is the best conference.

Bisonator
Congrats to the Redhawks!

POD Knows
Thats game, another CAA team bites the dust.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Congrats SEMO!!

Cocky
Should the OVC have gotten at least 5 in?

ming01
Semo looks like a good team. Any chance they take down Weber?

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Semo looks like a good team. Any chance they take down Weber?
If they play like they did in the second half of this one, they have a shot. Not gonna hold my breath though.

Would love to see them beat Weber. JSU could use a revenge game.

Bisonator
November 24th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Should the OVC have gotten at least 5 in?
Maybe just try to win your game tonight cocky. xrolleyesx

Reign of Terrier
November 24th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Southeast Missouri just proved that the OVC is playing its best ball in 30 years

Cocky
November 24th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Maybe just try to win your game tonight cocky. xrolleyesx

We will find a way to lose

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Congrats SEMO

FUBeAR
November 24th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Thats game, another CAA team bites the dust.

https://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/dumpster-fire.gif

Live look at CAA HQ right now...wondering if Maine is going to lose to Bye today.

Also, a Live look at the Playoff Selection Committee trying to justify their work...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/list/001/182/988/f9a.gif

Reign of Terrier
November 24th, 2018, 04:38 PM
https://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/dumpster-fire.gif

Live look at CAA HQ right now...wondering if Maine is going to lose to Bye today.

Also, a Live look at the Playoff Selection Committee trying to justify their work...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/list/001/182/988/f9a.gif"Richmond hadn't burnt this badly since the 1860s'

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Like I said, JSU has an easy path

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Like I said, JSU has an easy path
I'm feeling much better about our chances at Maine if we get there.

kdinva
November 24th, 2018, 04:51 PM
SEMO, with 11 punts, is winning 28-14, that is almost mathematically impossible. .

that's a one in 1800 type of stat...........congrats to SEMO

ming01
November 24th, 2018, 04:58 PM

I have JSU in my final 4 losing to EWU. Not that my picks mean anything.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 04:59 PM
I have JSU in my final 4 losing to EWU. Not that my picks mean anything.
How many CAA teams did you have winning today?

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Good job coming back SEMO!

Seawolf97
November 24th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Congrats to SEMO we crashed and burned in the 3rd quarter big time.

NDSUtk
November 24th, 2018, 05:42 PM
I had 2... Bought into flacco.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 05:46 PM
How many CAA teams did you have winning today?I had both Towson and SB, but I imagine most everybody got those games wrong.

Bison56
November 24th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Why?

ming01
November 24th, 2018, 06:48 PM

All but Elon xlolx