PDA

View Full Version : 3 Southland teams IN????

Pages : [1] 2

FUGameBreaker
November 18th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Total joke

Nor Eastern
November 18th, 2018, 11:47 AM
6 CAA teams. Phew.

FUGameBreaker
November 18th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Furman: (4 losses)(1 FBS lose)(hurricane canceled game, not in our control)
Top 25 wins - #11 Wofford
Worst loss - (6-5) Samfrod

Incarnate Word: (4 losses)(2 FBS losses)(canceled game on own volition)
Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

UNI: (5 losses)(1 FBS lose)
Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU
Worst loss - (4-7) Youngstown St.

Montana St.: (4 losses)(0 FBS games)
Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (6-5) Idaho St.

Lamar: (4 losses)(1 FBS lose)(1 lower division win)
Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2018, 11:52 AM
I knew you’d have a thread crying

FUGameBreaker
November 18th, 2018, 11:55 AM
FCS selection committee??? No they are a total scam crew that does not know a thing about FCS football, that's all

Nor Eastern
November 18th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Maybe this year will stop people from pointing out that 6 win teams make bowl games. 6 win teams making the playoffs is absolutely a joke.

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Funny thing is that Furman wasn’t even on the first 3 out list

uni88
November 18th, 2018, 12:08 PM
IMO Furman absolutely should have made it but the irony of them not getting in after all of the lobbying here does tickle the funny bone.

Schism55
November 18th, 2018, 12:15 PM
MVFC 3 in....How the **** is Incarnate Word in over Indiana St?? Sycamores got hosed

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 12:16 PM
MVFC 3 in....How the **** is Incarnate Word in over Indiana St?? Sycamores got hosed

This here.

Nichols will be the only team that might win their first game.

McCowboys
November 18th, 2018, 12:18 PM
This here.

Nichols will be the only team that might win their first game.

I have a prediction. Half the teams who play in the first round will lost no matter what conference they are in. :-)

SCPALADIN
November 18th, 2018, 12:19 PM
IMO Furman absolutely should have made it but the irony of them not getting in after all of the lobbying here does tickle the funny bone.

...in all fairness there really was only one lobbyist.

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Oh come on Gamebreaker, its the offseason for you! Go away already.

Furman canceled the game with Colgate thats why they aren’t in.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 18th, 2018, 12:52 PM
No Paladins?!

FUGameBreaker
November 18th, 2018, 01:01 PM

I can feel good about every attempt I have made because I have facts on my side that prove Furman to have the better resume, whatever sorry politics were played to let 3 Southland teams in is just piss poor management by the FCS committee, but its all good I am not surprised how inept they turned out to be at all xthumbsupx

Facts are facts

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU

Top 25 wins - none

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 01:06 PM
I will say this. I’m a bit shocked they weren’t listed in first three out. UND>Furman? Not so sure about that one. Same with Monmouth.

uni88
November 18th, 2018, 01:08 PM
I can feel good about every attempt I have made because I have facts on my side that prove Furman to have the better resume, whatever sorry politics were played to let 3 Southland teams in is just piss poor management by the FCS committee, but its all good I am not surprised how inept they turned out to be at all xthumbsupx

Facts are facts

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU

Top 25 wins - none

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LAYou had your subjective analysis of the factors (not facts) on your side. I agree with you that Furman had a better argument then teams that did make it (including UNI) but obviously the committee gave greater weight to factors that didn't favor the Dins.

Catatonic
November 18th, 2018, 01:09 PM
...in all fairness there really was only one lobbyist.

True.

gofurman
November 18th, 2018, 01:09 PM

How is Incarnate Word in over ANYONE ????? Indiana state. Furman. Anyone???

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Incarnate Word 6-2, 2 losses vs playoff teams vs FCS, Furman 6-3 vs FCS, 2 losses vs playoff teams, 1 additional loss. Sounds like that is what they looked at. Doesn't matter who's better, it's the resume that counts.

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 01:12 PM
How is Incarnate Word in over ANYONE ????? Indiana state. Furman. Anyone???
Wins over every SLC team that didn’t make the playoffs. Close loss to Lamar (playoff team). FBS loss.

JayJ79
November 18th, 2018, 01:14 PM
I've never been able to take the "last 3/4 in" or "first 3/4 out" lists all that seriously.
There is never really any rhyme or reason to it

veinup
November 18th, 2018, 01:17 PM
the southland is amazing .. what else is there to say really xthumbsupx

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Who was the 1st three out; I missed that?

Schism55
November 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Who was the 1st three out; I missed that?
Indiana St
Monmouth
UND

gofurman
November 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM
You had your subjective analysis of the factors (not facts) on your side. I agree with you that Furman had a better argument then teams that did make it (including UNI) but obviously the committee gave greater weight to factors that didn't favor the Dins.

I am an objective guy. I am :D I can go so far as to say I was suspecting Furman was last in or first few out. But to not be first few out showed me a lack of awareness by the committee. I mean here on AGS Furman was ranked 22nd and then with the 2 IVYs out - Princeton / Dartmouth and NCAT to the bowl that makes Furman 19th in AGS poll for playoffs.

I.E., I feel strongly AGS is the most knowledgable place for FCS and the committee just said our poll wasn't even close on Furman. To say we weren't first three out ??? I wouldn't have said a word if we were first three out. But to have UND and Monmouth above us. Almost NO ONE on AGS put that in the bubble threads or brackeuology yesterday.

gofurman
November 18th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Incarnate Word 6-2, 2 losses vs playoff teams vs FCS, Furman 6-3 vs FCS, 2 losses vs playoff teams, 1 additional loss. Sounds like that is what they looked at. Doesn't matter who's better, it's the resume that counts.

Gil, thanks !!! Appreciate your well- reasoned response. I have always worried the committee (ESPECIALLY NOW THAT THEY MENTION THE FREAKIN JOKE OF A COACHES POLL ON YOUTUBE !!!!!) looks too much to w/L and not enough at who you beat etc.

i mean i I could see the committee taking an 8-3 southland over a 6 or 7 win top 5 conference team. Which is a joke.

Its like selecting a 10-1 SUNBELT team in FBS over a 9-2 SEC team. It's ridiculous !!!!!!

gofurman
November 18th, 2018, 01:30 PM
I knew you’d have a thread crying

Im not so much upset about Furman not getting in as THREE SOUTHLand teams. That's WRONG

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Gil, thanks !!! Appreciate your well- reasoned response. I have always worried the committee (ESPECIALLY NOW THAT THEY MENTION THE FREAKIN JOKE OF A COACHES POLL ON YOUTUBE !!!!!) looks too much to w/L and not enough at who you beat etc.

i mean i I could see the committee taking an 8-3 southland over a 6 or 7 win top 5 conference team. Which is a joke.

Its like selecting a 10-1 SUNBELT team in FBS over a 9-2 SEC team. It's ridiculous !!!!!!

And the disrespect continues. Yep, the SLC absolutely SUCKS EGGS..........They aren't worth their own piss..... xcoffeex

Catatonic
November 18th, 2018, 01:34 PM

You see the SoCon as the SEC of the FCS? bwahaha.

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Indiana St
Monmouth
UND

Title of this thread might by why UND was on the short list, they beat a Southland team.

uni88
November 18th, 2018, 01:36 PM
[/U][/B]
I am an objective guy. I am :D I can go so far as to say I was suspecting Furman was last in or first few out. But to not be first few out showed me a lack of awareness by the committee. I mean here on AGS Furman was ranked 22nd and then with the 2 IVYs out - Princeton / Dartmouth and NCAT to the bowl that makes Furman 19th in AGS poll for playoffs.

I.E., I feel strongly AGS is the most knowledgable place for FCS and the committee just said our poll wasn't even close on Furman. To say we weren't first three out ??? I wouldn't have said a word if we were first three out. But to have UND and Monmouth above us. Almost NO ONE on AGS put that in the bubble threads or brackeuology yesterday.I agree. I'm just trying to point out to GameBreaker that what he calls facts are really just subjective interpretations of factors. He does it over and over and over and over like mindless repetition makes the argument even stronger. They made for what I thought was a very compelling argument but they were factors not facts.

Hood
November 18th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Well,

At least UIW has a visitor's side of the stadium if something aligns for them to host a game. Lookout for when Houston Baptist gets it together and hosts a playoff game. Maybe they can put some bleachers on top of the CVS.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Well,

At least UIW has a visitor's side of the stadium if something aligns for them to host a game. Lookout for when Houston Baptist gets it together and hosts a playoff game. Maybe they can put some bleachers on top of the CVS.

Ok, that is a tad funny... xdrunkyx

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Title of this thread might by why UND was on the short list, they beat a Southland team.

You want some funny reading just go over to the Hitler youth board. There is much gnashing of the teeth about just about everything from coaches to players to recruits abilities or lack of. You name it. What's even funnier is some think their next head coach will be either of NDSU's offensive or defensive coordinators not to mention Tyler Roehl. Grab a cup of coffee and get ready for some good laughs.

mvfcfan
November 18th, 2018, 02:12 PM
It'd bad enough that we suck most years, but to get hosed by two Southland teams with only 6 D1 wins is just dumb. I wish we would just pack it up and move to the OVC. Obviously being in the MVC doesn't count for anything or help us at all.

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2018, 02:15 PM
It'd bad enough that we suck most years, but to get hosed by two Southland teams with only 6 D1 wins is just dumb. I wish we would just pack it up and move to the OVC. Obviously being in the MVC doesn't count for anything or help us at all.

You guys absolutely got hosed!

kdinva
November 18th, 2018, 02:18 PM

yes, ISUbl and Furman got hosed......

If UNI does not win their game (w/Lamar), the howling will continue about 6 win teams.....

mvfcfan
November 18th, 2018, 02:25 PM
What puzzles me the most is that a 9-2 McNeese State team got hosed last season, so this season they decide to let 6 win Southland teams in. Like, what?????

I really don't have an issue with any of the schools in the field except Lamar and IW. I think teams like UND, EKU, Monmouth, and Furman could have all had cases to be in the playoffs over us, but not Lamar and IW.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 02:33 PM
What puzzles me the most is that a 9-2 McNeese State team got hosed last season, so this season they decide to let 6 win Southland teams in. Like, what?????

I really don't have an issue with any of the schools in the field except Lamar and IW. I think teams like UND, EKU, Monmouth, and Furman could have all had cases to be in the playoffs over us, but not Lamar and IW.
Isn't the committee head now a SLC guy?

Tuna85
November 18th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Indiana St
Monmouth
UND

How UIW gets in and Monmouth does not is hard to believe. Signed North Alabama fan.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 02:34 PM

Yep, anyone but them...xcoffeex

Tuna85
November 18th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Wins over every SLC team that didn’t make the playoffs. Close loss to Lamar (playoff team). FBS loss.

Avoided North Alabama.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Avoided North Alabama.

That was definitely a mistake.

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 02:36 PM
How UIW gets in and Monmouth does not is hard to believe. Signed North Alabama fan.
Monmouth?
Monmouth?!
MONMOUTH??!

I’ll tell you how they don’t get in. They sucked against any team with a pulse. And they got killed by UNI last year in the playoffs. UIW>Monmouth. Most would agree.

Tuna85
November 18th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Monmouth?
Monmouth?!
MONMOUTH??!

I’ll tell you how they don’t get in. They sucked against any team with a pulse. And they got killed by UNI last year in the playoffs. UIW>Monmouth. Most would agree.

We have a coach, in these here parts, that says last year's team is last year's team and this year's team is this year's team. I watched last year's killing but that was another team. I agree Monmouth lost to the better teams they played. But they did not avoid playing anyone. Can't say the same for uiw. What was the risk to uiw playoff hopes in a potential loss to North Alabama versus a potential loss to an FBS team at the time the avoidance occurred? So yeah, I'll go with MONMOUTH! I kinda missed not having an opportunity to watch North Alabama and uiw this past Thursday. We won't know who would have won but, that's on uiw.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Congrats to both Lamar and UIW. Lamar improved as much as anyone over the last half of the season and UIW had some big wins and finished as "co-champs." But I'm shocked the league got three teams in as down as it was across the board. Well, I shouldn't say I'm shocked considering the chair of the committee but not sure it was deserved. That said, I think UIW has a decent chance to win at Montana State if they can survive the weather and Nicholls should advance to round 2. I would have taken Lamar over UIW, but they got a tough draw in UNI. Nicholls got a very favorable draw IMO. They could play for a while if they can handle the road trip to Eastern Washington. They'll match up well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2018, 03:23 PM

Monmouth did not deserve to be in the playoffs. They beat nobody.

They got boat raced last year and the same thing would have happened this year.

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2018, 03:37 PM

Committee may have looked at the records. UIW beat 4 teams with winning records, Monmouth 2 teams with winning records, Campbell and Hampton. UIW lost 2 road games to playoff teams. Monmouth lost 1 game at home to a playoff team, really bad loss, 51-14 and lost to the top Ivy on the road, again, really bad, 51-9.

BEAR
November 18th, 2018, 03:54 PM
All I heard over the years on this board is if the SLCs lower level teams got better that the SLC would get more teams in the playoffs.

Last year the SLC had a team that was 9-2 left out because the conference overall was weak.

The lower level teams got better and still the conference has 3 teams in the playoffs.

Nothing much changed but but the names of the teams representing the SLC.

Derby City Duke
November 18th, 2018, 03:59 PM

From Central Arkansas...trace his heritage back far enough and he's probably related to Scarano - taking care of where his bread is buttered.

Indiana State got reamed in the interest of inclusiveness. I also think Elon got thrown a bone -- they lost 3 of their last 5 -- because I think the committee figured they'd have beaten William & Mary (cancelled due to hurricane).

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 04:00 PM

Why do you think UNH didn't make it in this year after that beatdown of JMU?

BEAR
November 18th, 2018, 04:01 PM
From Central Arkansas...trace his heritage back far enough and he's probably related to Scarano - taking care of where his bread is buttered.

Indiana State got reamed in the interest of inclusiveness. I also think Elon got thrown a bone -- they lost 3 of their last 5 -- because I think the committee figured they'd have beaten William & Mary (cancelled due to hurricane).

He played baseball at Delta State. Is he even allowed to vote for his conference? I honestly think Lamar shoukd have been a favorable bubble team. UIW should have stayed home due to their scheduling.

Terry2889
November 18th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Why do you think UNH didn't make it in this year after that beatdown of JMU?

If we had beat URI yesterday we would have been the last team in xlolx

McCowboys
November 18th, 2018, 04:27 PM

Facts are facts

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU

Top 25 wins - none

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA

I believe McNeese was ranked in the Top 25 when UIW beat the Cowboys.

dgtw
November 18th, 2018, 05:25 PM

Cancelling a game didn’t hurt Incarnate Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 05:28 PM
I believe McNeese was ranked in the Top 25 when UIW beat the Cowboys.

Gamebreaker is a POC that has been interpreting his own fake facts for a while now.......

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Actually...:D

Furman (4 losses, really good, would’ve beaten down Colgate)
Good Win: Wofford
Worst Loss: Samford

Incarnate Word (4 losses, not good, wouldn’t beat North Alabama)
Good Win: None
Worst Loss: Lamar

UNI (5 losses, not good, killed by WIU)
Good Win: SDSU
Worst Loss: Youngstown

Lamar (4 losses, not as good as FURMAN, they just stink)
Good Win: None
Worst Loss: SELA

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 05:38 PM

I'm related to Princess Diana.

True story.

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 05:43 PM

True story.

So your only road to fame is to marry above your means also...

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 05:55 PM
So your only road to fame is to marry above your means also...

I'm also not Welsh.

Rob Butler
November 18th, 2018, 06:03 PM
[Lamar beat 3 ranked teams sir.
Get your facts straight.
QUOTEE=FUGameBreaker;2713155]I can feel good about every attempt I have made because I have facts on my side that prove Furman to have the better resume, whatever sorry politics were played to let 3 Southland teams in is just piss poor management by the FCS committee, but its all good I am not surprised how inept they turned out to be at all xthumbsupx

Facts are facts

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU

Top 25 wins - none

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA[/QUOTE]

FUGameBreaker
November 18th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Again facts are facts, according to the latest AGS poll this year it was a rigged system on selections

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU

Top 25 wins - none

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA

But its all good baby, because we got the only Championship that matters outside the one NDSU will be raising xthumbsupx

https://twitter.com/FurmanPaladins/status/1063966200869371905

katss07
November 18th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Again facts are facts, according to the latest AGS poll this year it was a rigged system on selections

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU

Top 25 wins - none

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA

But its all good baby, because we got the only Championship that matters outside the one NDSU will be raising xthumbsupx

I absolutely love the fact that you know Lamar’s resume like the back of your hand.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2018, 07:18 PM
maybe if the school known for Larry Legend doesnt get blown out by a 6-5 team they would of made it in

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 07:19 PM

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU

Top 25 wins - none

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29527&stc=1

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2018, 07:28 PM

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (7-4) Lamar

Top 25 wins - #5 SDSU

Top 25 wins - none

Top 25 wins - none
Worst loss - (4-7) SE LA

Actually when UIW beat McNeese they were ranked 6, and Sam was 21 when UIW beat them

For Lamar, Sam was 14, UCA was 19 and McNeese was 22 when Lamar beat them

But keep using the end of season rankings to try to boost your argument

gofurman
November 18th, 2018, 08:21 PM
You see the SoCon as the SEC of the FCS? bwahaha.

No you DUMBASS. I didn't say that. Show me exactly WHERE I said "I see the SoCon as the SEC of the FCS ". Where???

I was just using an FBS conference example of varying conference strengths. . ****Though for your damn ignorant information the SoCon for 20 years had more national title participants in FCS than the SEC did in FBS.

MIKE DROP

EKUSteve
November 18th, 2018, 08:30 PM

We didn't get in at 7-4 because we had a horrible loss to Murray and the winning percentage of the games we won was well below .500. Barely beat Robert Morris the previous weekend. Yesterday was the best all around game we played all year.

Looking forward to making the trip to Terre Haute next fall for the EKU/ISU game.

NDSUtk
November 18th, 2018, 08:54 PM
No you DUMBASS. I didn't say that. Show me exactly WHERE I said "I see the SoCon as the SEC of the FCS ". Where???

I was just using an FBS conference example of varying conference strengths. . ****Though for your damn ignorant information the SoCon for 20 years had more national title participants in FCS than the SEC did in FBS.

MIKE DROPUmm, it's mic drop. You drop a microphone (mic), not a guy named Mike....

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Umm, it's mic drop. You drop a microphone (mic), not a guy named Mike....

Maybe he broke up with his boyfriend...I'm sure even Furman has active social justice warriors

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Umm, it's mic drop. You drop a microphone (mic), not a guy named Mike....

You mean its not Mike Rowe's Phone we are dropping?

This changes EVERYTHING.

FUGameBreaker
November 20th, 2018, 11:51 AM
The UCA AD (head of the "committee") has no shame, changing the FCS selection guidelines to favor the coaches poll 3 days before selection Sunday because it favors his half ass Southland Conference, what an absolute joke xrotatehx

Let's see how Incompetent Word and Lame-ar do this Saturday, its put up or shut-up boys xthumbsupx

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 11:52 AM
The UCA AD (head of the "committee") has no shame, changing the FCS selection guidelines to favor the coaches poll 3 days before selection Sunday because it favors his half ass Southland Conference, what an absolute joke xrotatehx

Let's see how Incompetent Word and Lame-ar do this Saturday, its put up or shut-up boys xthumbsupx
What happens when Nicholls gets bounced by San Diego?

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2018, 11:57 AM
I'm also not Welsh.Don't hate on some of the proudest people to ever exist.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

FUBeAR
November 20th, 2018, 12:31 PM
What happens when Nicholls gets bounced by San Diego?When did Nicholls join The Big Sky Conference?

BEAR
November 20th, 2018, 12:33 PM

Would you please link to where you found that Brad Teague himself took that specific action? I can't find one online and I thought it was a committee of several members. xeyebrowx

Outsider1
November 20th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Would you please link to where you found that Brad Teague himself took that specific action? I can't find one online and I thought it was a committee of several members. xeyebrowx

When you make up your own facts you don't have to provide proof....

BEAR
November 20th, 2018, 12:43 PM
When you make up your own facts you don't have to provide proof....

All I can find is the NCAA Oversight committee that he's the chair of and he is non-voting. I guess I need to find the ncaa page that has what his responsibilities are for the committee.

Outsider1
November 20th, 2018, 12:47 PM
All I can find is the NCAA Oversight committee that he's the chair of and he is non-voting. I guess I need to find the ncaa page that has what his responsibilities are for the committee.

Would it include forcing other's votes? Or he is just THAT influential of a personality? Things do happen, but accusations also tend to fly.

BEAR
November 20th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Would it include forcing other's votes? Or he is just THAT influential of a personality? Things do happen, but accusations also tend to fly.

I've known and worked with Dr. Teague for YEARS. He leans so heavily on the side of NOT changing things that fans complain about it. Zero advertising for the programs, poor game day experiences, etc.. have all been unaddressed for YEARS. No. I'm pretty confident he wouldn't have gone in and made wholesale changes just to get two more teams that didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. That's just not his style of administering things. Now if someone can show me actual evidence that he was the one that motivated it then when he returns to campus I will personally walk to his office and ask him why he's so dang gung-ho for the committee but have failed to do anything of substance to his own university. I also recall a few years ago when UCA was 7-4 he was on the committee and UCA didn't make it. So I don't know how Lamar and IUW made it but I'm confident it wasn't Teague. By the way, all of my posting have said after we found out Nicholls was the AQ that MAYBE Lamar should get a shot at an at large but NOT IUW.

Outsider1
November 20th, 2018, 12:57 PM
I've known and worked with Dr. Teague for YEARS. He leans so heavily on the side of NOT changing things that fans complain about it. Zero advertising for the programs, poor game day experiences, etc.. have all been unaddressed for YEARS. No. I'm pretty confident he wouldn't have gone in and made wholesale changes just to get two more teams that didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. That's just not his style of administering things. Now if someone can show me actual evidence that he was the one that motivated it then when he returns to campus I will personally walk to his office and ask him why he's so dang gung-ho for the committee but have failed to do anything of substance to his own university. I also recall a few years ago when UCA was 7-4 he was on the committee and UCA didn't make it. So I don't know how Lamar and IUW made it but I'm confident it wasn't Teague. By the way, all of my posting have said after we found out Nicholls was the AQ that MAYBE Lamar should get a shot at an at large but NOT IUW.

+ 100%

ElCid
November 20th, 2018, 01:03 PM

True story.

So am I, cuz. We share the same 17th grandfather.

BEAR
November 20th, 2018, 01:06 PM
+ 100%

I'm also hearing that the 6 win threshold was changed when the field went to 24 teams.

I would like to know when they changed the polls they look at though. You'd think they'd look at all of them or at least many of them, if they already don't.

ElCid
November 20th, 2018, 01:12 PM
I'm also hearing that the 6 win threshold was changed when the field went to 24 teams.

I would like to know when they changed the polls they look at though. You'd think they'd look at all of them or at least many of them, if they already don't.

I am not a fan of 6 win teams getting in, on its face. But if you dig down and see what is up with a team's w/ls, I could stomach it, but you really need to make a case.

For example, if a team has one or two FBS loses, and they may have been close, and that team also lost to 3 or 4 top 25, 20, or 15 teams and they were all within one score. Something along those lines. Also need to obviously look at the rest of the field. It would be very situational.

Outsider1
November 20th, 2018, 01:52 PM
I am not a fan of 6 win teams getting in, on its face. But if you dig down and see what is up with a team's w/ls, I could stomach it, but you really need to make a case.

For example, if a team has one or two FBS loses, and they may have been close, and that team also lost to 3 or 4 top 25, 20, or 15 teams and they were all within one score. Something along those lines. Also need to obviously look at the rest of the field. It would be very situational.

You are right but like we talked about earlier, top 25 at the beginning middle and end of the season change. Sometimes those are truly top/semi-top teams that are losing to much improved teams. That is a normal flow of a season and is different than an early top 25 team from the previous season that just isn't anymore. Both of those happen, they are subjective and have to get worked out in the SOS portion of the weighing

KPSUL
November 20th, 2018, 03:13 PM

That is exactly how I saw the SL Conference. I expected the winner of the Lamar - McNeese matchup to get a playoff slot and I planned to keep the winner ranked on AGS. To be fair, IWU was below my radar due to the fact they would have only 6 wins at the end of regular season play. after getting a reasonable explanation of their strengths this season from a SHSU poster to AGS, I looked at their schedule, and success against some off the perennial strong SL teams, I could see an argument. However, I felt they fell short when compared to a 7-4 Indiana State. When you see as much turnover at the top of a conference in one season as we saw this year in SL Conf., it's hard to assess the cause. It could be that the conference is stronger, but the only thing we can know for sure is that there is more parity. A nine game conference schedule helps sort out which team is best in the conference, but it is detrimental to measuring the relative strength of the conference to the rest of the subdivision. For instance, Lamar and ICW played zero OOC FCS games this season.

Unfortunately, innuendo and wild-ass speculation about the selection committee is an annual occurrence this time of year, not only on AGS, but coming out of the mouths of a few coaches now-a-days. Nobody knows this better than a UNH fan. Over the previous five seasons UNH had a 8-5 win/loss playoff record. Yet every year, except 2014 when we they went undefeated in regular season FCS play, there was endless accusations that we got in with a 7-4 record only because our AD was on the committee. It's unfortunate that Dr Teague has to deal with the same. I felt he could have done a more thorough job explaining the decision-making process when interviewed on the selection show, but I guess that might just create more conspiracy theories.

ElCid
November 20th, 2018, 05:35 PM
You are right but like we talked about earlier, top 25 at the beginning middle and end of the season change. Sometimes those are truly top/semi-top teams that are losing to much improved teams. That is a normal flow of a season and is different than an early top 25 team from the previous season that just isn't anymore. Both of those happen, they are subjective and have to get worked out in the SOS portion of the weighing

SOS is a little objective, but even that has some subjectivity in regard to the algorithm used. Also, I will say this, the one thing I hate people saying is such and such team have a good history in the playoffs so that is in their favor. Drives me up the wall. This is this year, not last year or the last few years. ALL OF THAT HISTORY IS IRRELEVANT. What they did this year is all that matters. That goes as well after about the third or fourth week in regard to polls. People hang on to last years good teams entirely too long when voting.

Redbird 4th & short
November 20th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Indiana St
Monmouth
UND
UND ???? UND didn't have to play 3 of the top 4 Big Sky teams this year .. that is a weak 6-5 record. In fact, 5 of their 6 wins came against the 6 worst Big Sky teams. They lost to 5 of the 6 toughest teams on their schedule .. their only decent win being over 6-5 Montana.

Monmouth ??? Monmouth was 8-3 against 83rd ranked SOS. Their best win was over 5-5 Chuck U. They scored some points, but gave up a lot against a very weak SOS. Sounds like a year ago .. how'd that work out for them ?

IMO ... ISUb was most screwed. Furman was probably 2nd most screwed.

Lamar was worst pick, followed by IW/ETSU. Put these 3 teams in MVFC ... then subtract 2 or 3 wins against that schedule .. that is what would happen.

cx500d
November 20th, 2018, 06:27 PM
UND ???? UND didn't have to play 3 of the top 4 Big Sky teams this year .. that is a weak 6-5 record. In fact, 5 of their 6 wins came against the 6 worst Big Sky teams. They lost to 5 of the 6 toughest teams on their schedule .. their only decent win being over 6-5 Montana.

Monmouth ??? Monmouth was 8-3 against 83rd ranked SOS. Their best win was over 5-5 Chuck U. They scored some points, but gave up a lot against a very weak SOS. Sounds like a year ago .. how'd that work out for them ?

IMO ... ISUb was most screwed. Furman was probably 2nd most screwed.

Lamar was worst pick, followed by IW/ETSU. Put these 3 teams in MVFC ... then subtract 2 or 3 wins against that schedule .. that is what would happen.
Well, we are fixin to find out

Outsider1
November 20th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Well, we are fixin to find out

For better or worse...

FUGameBreaker
November 23rd, 2018, 07:27 PM
UCA AD to Incompetent Word and Lame-ar AD's xhighfivex

Catatonic
November 23rd, 2018, 07:59 PM

HOw is that sour grapes diet working out for you?

Daytripper
November 23rd, 2018, 08:09 PM
It probably won't happen but I am dreaming of the Southland going 3-0 this weekend just to hear all of the excuses by those whiny bitches crying in their beer.

FormerPokeCenter
November 23rd, 2018, 09:19 PM
Holy ****, you've finally said something I can agree with!

FormerPokeCenter
November 23rd, 2018, 09:21 PM

I forget....which bracket is Furman in again???

ElCid
November 23rd, 2018, 09:31 PM
I forget....which bracket is Furman in again???

The "watch on TV" bracket?

Daytripper
November 23rd, 2018, 09:36 PM
Never in the history of AGS have I agreed with Citdog....until now: Furman Sucks.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2018, 10:16 PM
I know I'm rooting for all underdogs this weekend. Have at it. Go Blue Hens!

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 04:20 AM
It probably won't happen but I am dreaming of the Southland going 3-0 this weekend just to hear all of the excuses by those whiny bitches crying in their beer.

This is your chance today to either prove something or look like the biggest sham and laughing stock in the FCS xthumbsupx

The Southland is playing 3 other stinker teams today so no excuses.

UpstateBison
November 24th, 2018, 07:29 AM
This is your chance today to either prove something or look like the biggest sham and laughing stock in the FCS xthumbsupx

It will not surprise me today if the SoCon loses both games. The SoCon has parity but I am not convinced it is a good conference this year.

Herder
November 24th, 2018, 09:18 AM
For a little perspective, the Sagarin gap between the MVFC-Southland is basically the same as the SEC-MWC. So each of those conferences would get the same number of teams in a playoff field? It’s absolutely absurd.

SEC Top 3: Alabama, Georgia, LSU
MWC Top 3: Boise, Utah St, Fresno

The FCS Playoff committee is a sham, no other way to look at it. Every year the FCS committee does things that would be unthinkable at the FBS Level. The FCS committee would have UCF/Alabama at the same level, no difference, wouldn’t blink an eye.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 09:21 AM
For a little perspective, the Sagarin gap between the MVFC-Southland is basically the same as the SEC-MWC. So each of those conferences would get the same number of teams in a playoff field? It’s absolutely absurd.

The FCS Playoff committee is a sham, no other way to look at it.

Indeed!

- - - Updated - - -

It will not surprise me today if the SoCon loses both games. The SoCon has parity but I am not convinced it is a good conference this year.

Does not help that the SoCon's best team and champion (Furman) is sitting at home xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2018, 09:26 AM

The FCS Playoff committee is a sham, no other way to look at it.

Interesting.

At least Lamar and UIW get participation ribbons....right?

xdontknowx

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 09:45 AM
It’s odd enough that you guys are still angry. It’s funny that there are angry NDSU fans.

The Southland is improving.

The only people who matter know this.

Stop b******g

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 09:48 AM
It’s odd enough that you guys are still angry. It’s funny that there are angry NDSU fans.

The Southland is improving.

The only people who matter know this.

Stop b******gLet's see how this statement ages after today.

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Let's see how this statement ages after today.
Actually, that statement won’t change. I’m not going to change my opinion on the conference because of one bad or one good day. Thats f*****g stupid.

The fact that the SLC had a down year and got three teams in bodes well for this conference. A 6-4 UIW is now valued over a 6-4 Furman or a bubble MVFC team.

So it doesn’t matter if we go 3-0 or 0-3.

NDSUtk
November 24th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Actually, that statement won’t change. I’m not going to change my opinion on the conference because of one bad or one good day. Thats f*****g stupid.

The fact that the SLC had a down year and got three teams in bodes well for this conference. A 6-4 UIW is now valued over a 6-4 Furman or a bubble MVFC team.

So it doesn’t matter if we go 3-0 or 0-3.I have 2 different opinions than you on this.

First, how you perform does matter. If the Southland ****s the bed and goes 0-3, it would definitely indicate they didn't deserve 3 teams in.

Second, this year the Southland did get 3 in and beat out a MVFC bubble team but I believe if point one above happens and you go 0-3, the committee won't be as generous. In other words, much like you say you won't judge based on one game, I'm not ready to judge the conference "prowess" based on one year. If the Southland gets 3 in next year, then I'll start to believe it is moving up as a conference.

Again, just how I see it which is obviously in contrast to your opinion!

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 10:09 AM

So it doesn’t matter if we go 3-0 or 0-3.Both of whom would kick their ass.

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 10:14 AM

Our chance to prove something? Laughing stock? Sham? Not sure what you mean. Sam Houston has represented the Southland in the playoffs pretty well for the last 7-8 years. Furman has bee Missing In Action. You need to take a chill pill and realize that even if Furman had gotten in, they would likely have been slapped around in the first round anyway. It's actually why we play the games. Oh, that's right, you don't get to play any more games...

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Both of whom would kick their ass.
Furman isn’t a playoff team. It doesn’t matter what would happen.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Furman isn’t a playoff team. It doesn’t matter what would happen.True and we will never know for sure.

Serpentor
November 24th, 2018, 10:36 AM
I hate all the Southland teams in, but if you makes you guys cry, I'm all for it! :D

Catbooster
November 24th, 2018, 11:06 AM

The FCS Playoff committee is a sham, no other way to look at it. Every year the FCS committee does things that would be unthinkable at the FBS Level. The FCS committee would have UCF/Alabama at the same level, no difference, wouldn’t blink an eye.
That's not how it works. Using your example, the committee would be saying they think the MWC teams are better than Kentucky, the next team under consideration for the SEC. Are they or aren't they? I don't know - don't follow FBS that closely. But the point is that the three SLC teams are not being compared to NDSU. They are being compared to ISUb (who I agree has a good argument).

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 11:27 AM
I hate Lamar. They have an annoying group of people who love to troll other SLC fans after they beat them. Plus the program is just all around...tough to cheer for. I want to see them win but I honestly don’t really care. UNI can do their worst.

A win would be fine though and would look great for the SLC.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 03:27 PM

So it doesn’t matter if we go 3-0 or 0-3.

Quite possibly the dumbest post I have ever read on the internet

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Wofford beats Elon easily today xthumbsupx

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Quite possibly the dumbest post I have ever read on the internet
Furman is out. Why are you still here?

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Furman is out. Why are you still here?

Says the Sam Houston fan lol

- - - Updated - - -

Incompetent Word losing 18-7 at halftime

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Says the Sam Houston fan lol

- - - Updated - - -

Incompetent Word losing 18-7 at halftime
Nicholls up 21-7. In the first.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Furman finishes with a better season than Elon

Elon 6-5

Furman 6-4 and SoCon champs, nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Nicholls up 21-7. In the first.

Nobody cares what Nicholls does to San Diego lol, they get credit if they can win next weekend

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 03:41 PM
45-7

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Furman finishes with a better season than Elon

Elon 6-5

Furman 6-4 and SoCon champs, nice!

No AQ? No At-Large???

WTF? How could a 6-4 juggernaut like that get left out???

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 03:45 PM
45-7

Furman 34 Wofford 14

Wofford 19 Elon 7

I think everybody knows Furman wound up having the better team in the end no doubt xthumbsupx

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 03:45 PM
No AQ? No At-Large???

WTF? How could a 6-4 juggernaut like that get left out???
Oh no, now he’s going to post his spreadsheet.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:46 PM
CAA ****ting the bed....StonyBroke getting their ass handed to them

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 03:47 PM

And to Duquesne no less for Towson lol

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:47 PM
And to Duquesne no less lol
No to SEMO....Towson getting handled by DQ

Herder
November 24th, 2018, 03:48 PM

CAA will be 1-4 at the end of the day.

FUGameBreaker
No to SEMO....Towson getting handled by DQ

I know that was my bad I posted before adding Towson

POD Knows
Yea big time. Maybe we should quit picking on the SLC and start with the CAA. Lots of football left but they are getting their asses handed to them.

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 03:49 PM

The the committee did a great job didn't they? But can't blame it all on them when you have 24 spots to fill. Hell why not make it 32 so we can watch more bad football xcoffeex And people bitch about the bowl matchups and how boring that is.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Yea big time. Maybe we should quit picking on the SLC and start with the CAA. Lots of football left but they are getting their asses handed to them.

Or pick on both

Cocky
November 24th, 2018, 03:50 PM
CAA will be 1-4 at the end of the day.

Hard not to win one.

Bisonator
November 24th, 2018, 03:51 PM
CAA was overrated all year, never should have had 6 teams in but ECB prevails.

MTfan4life
November 24th, 2018, 03:52 PM
The the committee did a great job didn't they? But can't blame it all on them when you have 24 spots to fill. Hell why not make it 32 so we can watch more bad football xcoffeex And people bitch about the bowl matchups and how boring that is.

This isn't bad football, though. I never understand why people complain about this, especially with how minimal inter-conference play we usually have at the start of the season. This is 8 non-conference games among teams with all above .500 records. At the very least, it's intriguing to see how teams perform against teams they're not used to. Who cares if teams don't show up.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Is SEMO considered #SouthernSpeedtm ?

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 03:54 PM

Yes! Definitely!

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 03:55 PM
This isn't bad football, though. I never understand why people complain about this, especially with how minimal inter-conference play we usually have at the start of the season. This is 8 non-conference games among teams with all above .500 records. At the very least, it's intriguing to see how teams perform against teams they're not used to. Who cares if teams don't show up.

Are the defenses that good or the offenses that bad? Don't bother to answer I already know the answer but I don't think you'll agree if you think this i good football. One would think playoff football would be more balanced. As to if it's bad football or not is up to the viewer. I wouldn't call this good football but to each their own I guess.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:55 PM
UIW scores a TD

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Yes! Definitely!

Didn't know if the border states were in on that hashtag

uni88
November 24th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Furman 34 Wofford 14

Wofford 19 Elon 7

I think everybody knows Furman wound up having the better team in the end no doubt xthumbsupxWas there a head-to-head matchup?

Does Elon have injured players? Why is Furman allowed to use that as excuse but not Elon?

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Are the defenses that good or the offenses that bad? Don't bother to answer I already know the answer but I don't think you'll agree if you think this i good football. One would think playoff football would be more balanced. As to if it's bad football or not is up to the viewer. I wouldn't call this good football but to each their own I guess.
Quit watching/commenting on it then.

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Quit watching/commenting on it then.

I'll watch and comment as I please thank you very much.

Cocky
November 24th, 2018, 04:06 PM

Missouri is in the SEC now.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Might as well turn off the nicholls game to switch up the UNI Lamar game...I can only watch 4 at a time.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2018, 04:15 PM
I'll watch and comment as I please thank you very much.
Fair enough but you're coming off as elitist and snobbish. If that's what you're going for so be it but no matter how bad you think the football is it's still a big deal for some. Check the comment from the former UIW player in the MSU/UIW thread about how big of a deal just making the playoffs is for that program.

BEAR
November 24th, 2018, 04:18 PM
While I didn't think IWU should be in it, they are playing well today. Not the blowout many here predicted.

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Fair enough but you're coming off as elitist and snobbish. If that's what you're going for so be it but no matter how bad you think the football is it's still a big deal for some. Check the comment from the former UIW player in the MSU/UIW thread about how big of a deal just making the playoffs is for that program.

Fair enough. Not my intent to be snobbish was just hoping for better/more competitive games.

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 04:22 PM
While I didn't think IWU should be in it, they are playing well today. Not the blowout many here predicted.

They do have some nice players on defense. Announcer commented on the DE's having next level opportunity. They are quick to the ball.

BEAR
November 24th, 2018, 04:24 PM
They do have some nice players on defense. Announcer commented on the DE's having next level opportunity. They are quick to the ball.

I think they would be doing better if we hadn't injured some of their players last game. xlolx

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
November 24th, 2018, 04:30 PM
lol @ UNI

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Uiw coughs the ball up

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Southland Champ Incompetent Word getting scrubbed now losing 28-14 game winding down, shocker, not lol

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 04:41 PM
I think they would be doing better if we hadn't injured some of their players last game. xlolx

Honestly I would have been really interested to see them with their 1st string QB in.

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Southland Champ Incompetent Word getting scrubbed now losing 28-14 game winding down, shocker, not lol
Are you watching the other SLC games?

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Incompetent Word now losing 35-14 to another questionable playoff team, talk about stealing an at-large lol

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Incompetent Word now losing 35-14 to another questionable playoff team, talk about stealing an at-large lol
At least you are an incessant little troll.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Incompetent Word should have taken the Iowa St. money instead of getting their rear end kicked like this just to break even

Poor showing for the Southland champ

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
November 24th, 2018, 04:46 PM

UIW played pretty darn well and has some outstanding athletes. No problem with them or their output/effort. With thier starting QB I really think they had a shot.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Uiw coughs one up on the goal line as they were about to score

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Incompetent Word should have taken the Iowa St. money instead of getting their rear end kicked like this just to break even

Poor showing for the Southland champ
You are one of the only posters here who would say that. UIW was in this game for 3 and a half quarters. Not a poor showing against a good Montana St team. Incarnate Word didn’t steal a bid, they earned it.

The other champ of our (better than the SuckCon) conference is killing USD. And Lamar is up on UNI.

BEAR
November 24th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Honestly I would have been really interested to see them with their 1st string QB in.

Much different and much better team. Guy was a difference maker.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 04:53 PM
You are one of the only posters here who would say that. UIW was in this game for 3 and a half quarters. Not a poor showing against a good Montana St team. Incarnate Word didn’t steal a bid, they earned it.

The other champ of our (better than the SuckCon) conference is killing USD. And Lamar is up on UNI.

35-14
Southland champ getting creamed xthumbsupx

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 04:55 PM
35-14
Well at least our champs make the playoffs.

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2018, 04:55 PM
35-14

You've made your opinion known many times. We get it. That said, Furman sucks. Committee agreed. Better luck next year.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Incompetent Word lost 35-14

That team being in the playoffs was an absolute joke, the results today prove that, UCA AD has no shame

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 05:08 PM
You've made your opinion known many times. We get it. That said, Furman sucks. Committee agreed. Better luck next year.
Seconded

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 05:16 PM
DoEs a 6-4 FuRmAn tEaM gEt In?

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 05:21 PM
That hurts Lamar...uni td wide open

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 05:26 PM
That hurts Lamar...uni td wide open

Yep. Serious blown coverage. We will see if they can answer.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Lame-ar already falling apart against 6-5 UNI, game tied at half, lol

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 05:32 PM

What's the score of the Furman game? Oh, right... Furman Sucks.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 05:33 PM

LOL.

Savage. xlolx

ElCid
November 24th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Now that we have some serious facts instead of opinion, for everyone who questioned the 3 Southland teams, I really wonder if they are now questioning the CAA picks. I will admit a couple of those took me flatfooted. The IW loss was not as bad as some thought regardless of score. It was a close game for a long time. Nicholls is doing what I thought. Lamar is hanging in just fine, still in progress, and shows they at least belonged, even if others might have belonged as well. In other words, they were not necessarily horrible picks. On the other hand, anyone want to talk about Stony Brook...Towson...Elon...? Elon probably belonged, but I know a lot of folks questioned both Stony Brook and Towson in the Poll threads. CAA 0-3 on the day (you can disregard the JMU/Del game as a record wash, or if not, 1-4).

Maybe we can pull out Massey or Sagarin to back up the ridiculous predictions or justifications made by some.xsmhx (to be read with utter and complete sarcasm)

I absolutely love it when the "know it alls" spout off about how bad the playoff selections were, and then karma comes to visit. Too funny for words.

ElCid
November 24th, 2018, 05:40 PM

Dude, if you think falling apart equates to a halftime tie with UNI, I have no words....none. Give it a rest.

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 05:41 PM
I think we will all be questioning why the SoCon got a second team in after JSU plays ETSU.

uni88
November 24th, 2018, 05:50 PM
I think we will all be questioning why the SoCon got a second team in after JSU plays ETSU.A Sam Houston fan with a positive post about JSU? It's like cats and dogs living together. Thank you FURugRat for uniting these fanbases in a shared cause.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2018, 05:55 PM
I think we will all be questioning why the SoCon got a second team in after JSU plays ETSU.
I wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket.....

yet.

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Now that we have some serious facts instead of opinion, for everyone who questioned the 3 Southland teams, I really wonder if they are now questioning the CAA picks. I will admit a couple of those took me flatfooted. The IW loss was not as bad as some thought regardless of score. It was a close game for a long time. Nicholls is doing what I thought. Lamar is hanging in just fine, still in progress, and shows they at least belonged, even if others might have belonged as well. In other words, they were not necessarily horrible picks. On the other hand, anyone want to talk about Stony Brook...Towson...Elon...? Elon probably belonged, but I know a lot of folks questioned both Stony Brook and Towson in the Poll threads. CAA 0-3 on the day (you can disregard the JMU/Del game as a record wash, or if not, 1-4).

Maybe we can pull out Massey or Sagarin to back up the ridiculous predictions or justifications made by some.xsmhx (to be read with utter and complete sarcasm)

I absolutely love it when the "know it alls" spout off about how bad the playoff selections were, and then karma comes to visit. Too funny for words.

This. I never really completely bought in to Massey or Sagarin... but I definitely won't in the future.

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 06:05 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Daytripper again.

ElCid
November 24th, 2018, 06:20 PM
This. I never really completely bought in to Massey or Sagarin... but I definitely won't in the future.

They are not bad, and sometimes they nail it. They have about a 73% success picking winners. But the key is they are waaaay more successful at picking where the teams are linked together well (i.e., conference matchups) because there is so much history there. Once you go outside the conference games, their success rate drops off. You can really see this when the Ivys play someone else, other than the Patriot. Or when the MVFC plays someone else other than the Big Sky. Conferences get insulated somewhat. In the MVFC, it is NDSU that is anchoring them primarily. Not to say that they don't have a good conf, but it gets inflated somewhat due to the Bison affect. The Ivy is by far the most inflated due to isolation.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Lame-ar now losing lol

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Lame-ar now losing lol
Still ahead of furman (who sucks)

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Lame-ar now losing lol

Update:

Furman 0 - A team with no players not playing a game 0.... competitive, I guess..

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 06:42 PM
i realize you guys are having a bit of fun at the Furman fan's expense....and, Lord knows I enjoy having fun at somebody's expense in these threads, but...I've actually got a serious question here.

Does Furman STILL suck????

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 06:47 PM
i realize you guys are having a bit of fun at the Furman fan's expense....and, Lord knows I enjoy having fun at somebody's expense in these threads, but...I've actually got a serious question here.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/0uDftR8.gif
https://www.reactiongifs.com/yes-absolutely/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yes-absolutely

https://www.reactiongifs.com/yes-absolutely/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yes-absolutely

ElCid
November 24th, 2018, 06:48 PM

Furman sucks in perpetuity.

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 06:51 PM
At least they're consistent...

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 06:55 PM
UNI who was 6-5 and got killed by horrible youngstown looks sluggish as hell, they would have been demolished by Furman today, to bad UCA AD had to be so corrupt

Reign of Terrier
November 24th, 2018, 06:55 PM
UNI who was 6-5 and got killed by horrible youngstown looks sluggish as hell, they would have been demolished by Furman today, to bad UCA AD had to be so corruptJust stop bud

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Furman sucks in perpetuity.

At the end of the regular season, only Citadel peeps believed Furman Sucks. Now, after one short week, the rest of the FCS is on board with the suckiness..

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 06:58 PM
At the end of the regular season, only Citadel peeps believed Furman Sucks. Now, after one short week, the rest of the FCS is on board with the suckiness..
Sorry we doubted you citdog

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Lame-ar kicker kicks like the type of kicker you would have in a pee-wee conference like the Southland lol

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 07:05 PM
You mean the THREE-BID Southland Conference?

Catbooster
November 24th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Nice job FUGamebreaker. Your incessant whining has gotten the committee to change their mind and put Furman in the playoffs.

Oh, wait, no. It has simply made everyone else so sick of your bull**** that they are glad Furman didn't make the playoffs and is giving Furman a bad reputation. Congratulations. I'll bet the other Furman fans appreciate it.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Just like I figured xthumbsupx

Incompetent Word lost

Lame-ar lost

UCA AD is corrupt as hell and the Southland continues to be garbage

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 07:16 PM

Incompetent Word lost

Lame-ar lost

UCA AD is corrupt as hell and the Southland continues to be garbage

https://media.giphy.com/media/IFpVKDqOo84F2/giphy.gif

https://io9.com/this-epic-hobbit-retelling-is-550-minutes-shorter-than-1647580439

PaladinNation
November 24th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Nice job FUGamebreaker. Your incessant whining has gotten the committee to change their mind and put Furman in the playoffs.

Oh, wait, no. It has simply made everyone else so sick of your bull**** that they are glad Furman didn't make the playoffs and is giving Furman a bad reputation. Congratulations. I'll be the other Furman fans appreciate it.

Thanks for not putting all us in the same bucket as a certain poor sport.

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 07:19 PM

Incompetent Word lost

Lame-ar lost

UCA AD is corrupt as hell and the Southland continues to be garbage|

This just in....Lamar lost by three points to UNI. In a related story, they still don't suck as bad as Furman, who didn't even make the playoffs.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2018, 07:21 PM
The SLC showed up to play today, the CAA didn't and neither did UNI.

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Newsflash!

Furman fans, your complaints have been heard. ESPN's added Furman coverage to their FCS Football playoff coverage. You can watch the Paladins, here:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2427/unc-asheville-bulldogs

Oh...wait....my bad.

That's college basketball!

Nevermind!

Herder
November 24th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Much respect to Lamar today. Solid team.

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Southland looking bad is not surprising, UCA AD should have tougher time in future to be such a corrupt homer after this years predicted and played out poor showing

ElCid
November 24th, 2018, 07:31 PM

Want to rethink that.

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Much respect to Lamar today. Solid team.

They were the best team in the Southland for the last 6 weeks. Beat UIW, SHSU, Central Arkansas and McNeese. That's impressive no matter how you slice it...

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Southland looking bad is not surprising, UCA AD should have tougher time in future to be such a corrupt homer after this years predicted and played out poor showing

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Don't you have anything original?

BEAR
November 24th, 2018, 07:36 PM

xlolxDude you are making yourself and your school look so bad. xcoffeexIf Lamar losing by 3 was a bad showing, Nicholls winning by multiple TDs a bad showing, and an UIW team with a backup QB making a game of it for 3 and a half quarters a bad showing"........then Furman NOT even making really does mean that Furman sucks. So yeah, let's go with YOUR reasoning. xthumbsupxxlolx

BEAR
November 24th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Don't you have anything original?

He doesn't. Just a bitter fan with a tin foil hat theory he can't prove. But don't worry, he will post it again because he believes the more you post something the more true it becomes. xlolx

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 07:44 PM
Want to rethink that.
Sheesh, maybe. I won’t lie ETSU is playing great ball. Don’t think they’ll win but you never know.

Bucs are right there.

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 07:45 PM
On a related note, new polling data shows that Furman still....wait for it....SUCKS!

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 07:50 PM
On a related note, new polling data shows that Furman still....wait for it....SUCKS!

xthumbsupx:D

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 07:54 PM
In what universe do I bash a poster that bashes the teams I hate? Well, fugamebreaker can make Muslims live with Christians, Democrats living with Republicans, oilfield workers living with tree-huggers, Bearkats living with Cardinals, Colonels living with all of us...there is a beautiful future for our world...thanks to Furman fan...

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 07:54 PM
I'm not convinced he's not a NPC created by CitDog....

FUGameBreaker
November 24th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Basically any Southland fan still running their mouth is just as much a joke as the UCA AD and should not be paid any attention to, today was put up or shut up day, your league whiffffed bad, crawl into your hole you are still a joke like most everyone predicted, if you can upset EWU maybe you can crawl out for a bit, doubt that will happen though lol xthumbsupx

BEAR
November 24th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Basically any Southland fan still running their mouth is just as much a joke as the UCA AD and should not be paid any attention to, today was put up or shut up day, your league whiffffed bad, crawl into your hole you are still a joke like most everyone predicted, if you can upset EWU maybe you can crawl out for a bit, doubt that will happen though lol xthumbsupx

Keep posting the same thing over and over...SOMEBODY will believe you...xcoffeex

Daytripper
November 24th, 2018, 08:02 PM

You are not even in the playoffs, yet you are babbling like a spoiled child in playoff threads...lol!

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 08:25 PM

You know that the Psychologists have a technical term for your post, right?

It's called PROJECTION. You're mad because FURMAN sucks, but rather than be mad at Furman, you're displacing your anger at the three Southland teams who were better than Furman.

The good news is that the more you talk about it, the closer you are to healing.

Bearkats94
November 24th, 2018, 08:35 PM
You are not even in the playoffs, yet you are babbling like a spoiled child in playoff threads...lol!

He is just mad his mother locked him in the basement because she can stand all the crying he is doing because his team is sitting at home. One day in the far future when his team has made the playoffs she will let him out. The funny thing is his team only won two games all season and he is crying the SLC had three teams in the playoffs. I wonder how many field goals Furman missed this season ranked 84th in the FCS. By that I don't think he has any room to talk.

katss07
November 24th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Lamar is better than Furman. He’s mad about that. Only facts!

Bearkats94
November 24th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Huntsville High School is better than Furman. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2018, 08:58 PM
I think our Furman friend is simply a misunderstood confectioner who labors in obscurity, trying to generate some interest in his product.

On a related note, he's got his own name brand recognition thing going on...

https://scontent.fmem1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46525376_1732897790148918_5968424053604614144_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.fna&oh=adaf8a82c4c3c31f5bcfc27f4b392c5b&oe=5C7AD4E4

TheRevSFA
November 24th, 2018, 10:09 PM

Do you want to show us on the doll where the SLC touched you?

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 10:29 PM

He’s pointing at the dolls ass, btw

BEAR
November 24th, 2018, 11:00 PM

He can go to ucasports.com and at the top he can find Dr. Teague's contact information and call him and lodge his complaint against that big mean bully. I mean it's not like it's hidden info. xlolx

FUGameBreaker
November 25th, 2018, 07:12 AM
So the Southland will be 0-3 against full scholarship teams in the playoffs after next weekend book it lol, what a joke league and total disgrace to the FCS selection process

TheRevSFA
November 25th, 2018, 07:55 AM
So the Southland will be 0-3 against full scholarship teams in the playoffs after next weekend book it lol, what a joke league and total disgrace to the FCS selection process

Furple would have had their **** pushed in last weekend. Get over it

kalm
November 25th, 2018, 08:02 AM

It was a good showing for the SLC, OVC, and SoCon. Lamar missed two field goals and turned it over twice in the RZ or they beat UNI on the road. UIW stayed with the J Cats for quite awhile despite being down a starting QB. ETSU hanged with JSU and looked like a legit playoff team when I didn't think they were.

BEAR
November 25th, 2018, 08:41 AM

Say it again. We will believe it NEXT TIME you say it. xlolx

Bison56
November 25th, 2018, 08:50 AM

Who does Furman play this week?

uni88
November 25th, 2018, 08:55 AM
So the Southland will be 0-3 against full scholarship teams in the playoffs after next weekend book it lol, what a joke league and total disgrace to the FCS selection processWhy do you try to make yourself feel better by putting others down?

It's over. Furman got Woffed. It sucks but it happens. Put the bitterness aside and look forward to next year.

McNeese75
November 25th, 2018, 09:42 AM

LOL, you still at it this morning ass clown? Does anyone know this joker (not that you would want to)? Is he over the age of 10?

cx500d
November 25th, 2018, 01:34 PM
LOL, you still at it this morning ass clown? Does anyone know this joker (not that you would want to)? Is he over the age of 10?
Its NotTru's long lost brother; shares a bunkbed in their mom's basement.

POD Knows
November 25th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Its NotTru's long lost brother; shares a bunkbed in their mom's basement.Tru is just obnoxious on the Poli Board, can you imagine if this Furman guy had a political ax to grind as well. OMG.

katss07
November 25th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Furman didn’t get woffed, they got punished or canceling the game with Colgate.

FUGameBreaker
November 25th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Southland conference fans after this past Saturdays major failures to show up xbawlingxxbawlingxxrotatehxxblahxxrotatehxxblahxxb awlingxxbawlingx lol, great to see the UCA AD get exposed by the actual results on the field, proof you can't just stick to what some Southland moron fans on AGS presume to assume xthumbsupx

Joke league man

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Southland conference fans after this past Saturdays major failures to show up xbawlingxxbawlingxxrotatehxxblahxxrotatehxxblahxxb awlingxxbawlingx lol, great to see the UCA AD get exposed by the actual results on the field, proof you can't just stick to what some Southland moron fans on AGS presume to assume xthumbsupx

Joke league man

How did Furman do this year in the playoffs?

FUGameBreaker
November 25th, 2018, 08:20 PM
How did Furman do this year in the playoffs?

They got robbed of a playoff slot this year by the UCA AD if you have not been keeping up with current events, to some weak Southland teams who's conferences fans seem to think they deserve brownie points just for losing to other very questionable playoff teams in Mt. St. and UNI lol, love to watch these Southland guys squirm xsmiley_wix Hey at least we beat a scholarship team in the playoffs last year (Elon), something the Southland and their 3 teams won't do this year.

Its ok though we got the second best trophy in FCS football outside the natty and we will be back for payback next year xthumbsupx
Boom!

cx500d
November 25th, 2018, 08:25 PM
They got robbed of a playoff slot this year by the UCA AD if you have not been keeping up with current events, to some weak Southland teams who's conferences fans seem to think they deserve brownie points just for losing to other very questionable playoff teams in Mt. St. and UNI lol, love to watch these Southland guys squirm xsmiley_wix Hey at least we beat a scholarship team in the playoffs last year (Elon), something the Southland and their 3 teams won't do this year.

Its ok though we got the second best trophy in FCS football outside the natty and we will be back for payback next year xthumbsupx
Boom!

If ETSU couldn't win a 1st round game against an unranked OVC team, its obvious Furman didn't belong.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2018, 08:26 PM

Boom!

Soooooooooo, you didn't win a playoff game? Got it. xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2018, 08:31 PM

Boom!

What trophy would that be?????

cx500d
November 25th, 2018, 08:36 PM
What trophy would that be?????

Same one the ivies get -
https://cdn.trophystore.co.uk/Img/Dynamic/Product360/gwa1129/img01.jpg?w=1600&h=1200

McNeese72
November 25th, 2018, 09:35 PM
The McNeese fans were pissed when we didn't get in last year, but, at least, we didn't go around and bitch and whine like this Furman punk.

I used to have no feelings about Furman but now this Furman fan has me coming around to the belief that FURMAN SUCKS! Unless some other Furman fans can convince me otherwise.

Doc

BEAR
November 26th, 2018, 08:24 AM
The McNeese fans were pissed when we didn't get in last year, but, at least, we didn't go around and bitch and whine like this Furman punk.

I used to have no feelings about Furman but now this Furman fan has me coming around to the belief that FURMAN SUCKS! Unless some other Furman fans can convince me otherwise.

Doc

Can't believe this guy is still whining and making it personal with the UCA AD. Geez dude needs to get back on his meds. xlolx

Catatonic
November 26th, 2018, 08:39 AM

Doc

I lived pretty close to Greenville for a lot of years and met some great Furman fans. It’s a fine school whose admissions office screwed up by admitting this guy who is an embarrassment to himself and the Furman fan base.

FormerPokeCenter
November 26th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Most Furman fans wear Furple because they went there.....I think this guy wears Furple because it was on sale at Wal-Mart..

FormerPokeCenter
November 26th, 2018, 09:56 AM
However...has anybody ever seen this guy, and World, in the same thread at the same time???

MSUBobcat
November 26th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Most Furman fans wear Furple because they went there.....I think this guy wears Furple because it was on sale at Wal-Mart..

Don't you be stealing our meme!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29578&stc=1

MSUBobcat
November 26th, 2018, 10:13 AM
However...has anybody ever seen this guy, and World, in the same thread at the same time???

If only we could get FU to tell World how terrible Princeton is and World to tell FU that Furman wasn't even one of the first teams left out, they could tell each other the same mindless talking points. It would be a black hole loop of biased idiocy, but would free up AGS for the rest of us to enjoy.

McNeese72
November 26th, 2018, 10:16 AM
If only we could get FU to tell World how terrible Princeton is and World to tell FU that Furman wasn't even one of the first teams left out, they could tell each other the same mindless talking points. It would be a black hole loop of biased idiocy, but would free up AGS for the rest of us to enjoy.

And they would have their own message thread to do it in. That way we can ignore it and never look in it. ;)

Doc