PDA

View Full Version : The Committee just went bat **** crazy

kalm
November 16th, 2018, 10:46 AM
That’s right. They are now back to using the coaches poll in their considerations.

Congrats JSU, win and now you’re probably a top 4 seed. McNeese is a lock for an at large with a win....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=8FECEd5QPiA

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2018, 10:51 AM
That’s right. They are now back to using the coaches poll in their considerations.

Congrats JSU, win and now you’re probably a top 4 seed. McNeese is a lock for an at large with a win....

They also added the "Northern Iowa" rule:

Basically, IMO, if UNI or WIU win their final games, they are in at 6-5.

https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1063451443162767360

PAllen
November 16th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Relax Francis.

kalm
November 16th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Relax Francis.

That’s an unusually insighful post for you. Progress!

Go check out the coaches poll, Helen.

Hood
November 16th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Video won't load for me. What's the justification for doing this so late in the season?

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2018, 11:09 AM

While I don't agree to using the coaches poll due to how bad it is that poll was only 1 criteria of many.

Drblankstare
November 16th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Only thing to do now, is sit back and wait to see where UNH gets seeded...

JSUSoutherner
November 16th, 2018, 11:17 AM

I can't watch the video. Are they using it for supplementary data or is that what they're basing everything off?

kalm
November 16th, 2018, 11:19 AM
While I don't agree to using the coaches poll due to how bad it is that poll was only 1 criteria of many.

Yes, but anybody who follows FCS closely knows what a pos it is. Yet they announce it as one of their metrics? Imagine someone in our poll thread stating they follow the coaches poll and use it. They’d be torn apart. Shows a lack of awareness by the committee.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2018, 11:24 AM
I can't watch the video. Are they using it for supplementary data or is that what they're basing everything off?

They are saying the Coaches Poll has value in the eyes of the committee and can be used to determine At-Larges and Seeds.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2018, 11:26 AM

This!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Is the SRS actually published somewhere now, or is it locked away somewhere again?

Also, had another important thought. This also brings in Furman and Elon potentially into the at-large party with six wins.

JacksFan40
November 16th, 2018, 11:29 AM
As long as we don’t get sent to Fargo I can live with it.

woffordgrad94
November 16th, 2018, 11:30 AM
The coaches poll should carry no weight. Coaches often know little about teams that their schools don’t ever play.

JacksFan40
November 16th, 2018, 11:34 AM
The coaches poll should carry no weight. Coaches often know little about teams that their schools don’t ever play.
It’s a popularity contest, programs who’ve been historically good get good rankings they don’t deserve, like JSU, UNH, UNI etc.

JSUSoutherner
November 16th, 2018, 11:41 AM
It’s a popularity contest, programs who’ve been historically good get good rankings they don’t deserve, like JSU, UNH, UNI etc.

I mean our ranking will probably be completely irrelevant when setting the field anyway.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Yes, but anybody who follows FCS closely knows what a pos it is. Yet they announce it as one of their metrics? Imagine someone in our poll thread stating they follow the coaches poll and use it. They’d be torn apart. Shows a lack of awareness by the committee.

Don't disagree with you on that at all. The coaches poll should just be done away with altogether.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2018, 11:47 AM
It’s a popularity contest, programs who’ve been historically good get good rankings they don’t deserve, like JSU, UNH, UNI, SHSU,San Diego etc.

Fixed your post lol.

Mayville Bison
November 16th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Yeah, the Coaches Poll thing is crazy to point out, but it's the only one somewhat related to the NCAA. I think they put that in there along with the caveat of "but not limited to" in order to have all polls (which could include Massey/Sagaring or AGS) be considered. If they would have put the Media poll in there instead of the Coaches Poll, I would take that as STATS is the end-all-be-all. Putting the Coaches Poll in tells me they want to use all polls.

Two other things that caught my attention were
"Record against opponents from other AQ conferences". Is that in some way a knock against the Ivy, MEAC, and SWAC?
"An Institution with less than six division 1 wins may place that team in jeopardy of not being selected." Should we consider UNH in the field already because of that one word "may"? I know they have to leave themselves an out just in case there aren't enough at larges with 6 D1 wins, but it still jumps out at me.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2018, 12:01 PM
"Record against opponents from other AQ conferences". Is that in some way a knock against the Ivy, MEAC, and SWAC?
"An Institution with less than six division 1 wins may place that team in jeopardy of not being selected." Should we consider UNH in the field already because of that one word "may"? I know they have to leave themselves an out just in case there aren't enough at larges with 6 D1 wins, but it still jumps out at me.

Yes and yes.

Reign of Terrier
November 16th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Yeah, the Coaches Poll thing is crazy to point out, but it's the only one somewhat related to the NCAA. I think they put that in there along with the caveat of "but not limited to" in order to have all polls (which could include Massey/Sagaring or AGS) be considered. If they would have put the Media poll in there instead of the Coaches Poll, I would take that as STATS is the end-all-be-all. Putting the Coaches Poll in tells me they want to use all polls.

It also hurts the teams in the NEC/Patriot/Pioneer who schedule the Ivys regularly (arguably). It reduces the probability of an at-large from one of these conferences.

semobison
November 16th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Not sure what to think about this. This years bubble is weak. There will be teams left out with very similar resumes as teams that just get in. IMO, they are anticipating this and taking steps to cover their ass. I hope this is their reasoning. If traditionally over ranked teams in the coaches poll start getting seeded, well, that would suck.

taper
November 16th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Imagine the fun if the say "no suitable teams" and leave a few slots empty instead of picking 6 or 5 win teams. Probably not allowed but might be for the best.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2018, 12:21 PM
The "may" keyword has always been in there even when the threshold was 7 wins. I would guess they only have that in there so if a team like The Citadel goes 5-6 but beats Bama they have the ability to add them to the field if they really want to.

In regards to using the Coach's poll for anything other than toilet paper....

https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

FormerPokeCenter
November 16th, 2018, 12:25 PM

Actually, I think that's probably gonna work out in UIW's favor...

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2018, 12:51 PM
....COACHES POLL..xconfusedx.....GET READY BUBB-LERS.........."DON'T DROP DUH SOAP"......AS DEY SAY......IN DUH...VILLANOVAH....SHOWER AREA.....xeekx....BRAWK!

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Yes the coaches poll is horrid, and I am sure most committee members are aware or will become aware of its shortcomings.

However polls aside, at the end of the day, when each team is stacked up next to each other it is usually fairly clear cut which teams have the strongest case, and that is what the committee does first and foremost, that should still net us a playoff field that more closely resembles the AGS poll just as it has in virtually every year in the past.

Thumper 76
November 16th, 2018, 01:02 PM
It also hurts the teams in the NEC/Patriot/Pioneer who schedule the Ivys regularly (arguably). It reduces the probability of an at-large from one of these conferences.

Tbh this could possibly (very hypothetical here) get those conferences to try to push the Ivy for the playoffs. If they start to decide to play other teams because it hurts them for the playoffs then it could push the Ivy’s to consider participating just to be able to get their old OOC teams back maybe? Are they considering the MEAC/SWAC as playoff participating conferences? If not that could hurt their ability to get payday FCS games with MVFC schools and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofurman
November 16th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Yes the coaches poll is horrid, and I am sure most committee members are aware or will become aware of its shortcomings.

However polls aside, at the end of the day, when each team is stacked up next to each other it is usually fairly clear cut which teams have the strongest case, and that is what the committee does first and foremost, that should still net us a playoff field that more closely resembles the AGS poll just as it has in virtually every year in the past.

will be interesting to see.

we can compare the STATS, coaches and AGS after the selection committee. I have always felt AGS IS BEST !!! you guys (AGS) keep up with everything. the coaches don't even seem to notice a loss sometimes / or a win. It's like it takes 3 wins or 3 losses for them to even maybe take notice. honestly, the coaches poll is probably the worst

Professor
November 16th, 2018, 01:04 PM
not enough quality teams hmmmm

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2018, 01:07 PM
will be interesting to see.

we can compare the STATS, coaches and AGS after the selection committee. I have always felt AGS IS BEST !!! you guys (AGS) keep up with everything. the coaches don't even seem to notice a loss sometimes / or a win. It's like it takes 3 wins or 3 losses for them to even maybe take notice. honestly, the coaches poll is probably the worst

100%!

BisonTru
November 16th, 2018, 01:13 PM

https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1063451443162767360

It's been that way for like 5 years. I've pointed that out repeatedly over the years. It's been 6 D1 wins for quite some time, and during that time multiple 6 wins have got in.

THIS IS NOT NEW!

---------------------------------------
Now, the coaches poll is new. Although the committee barely if at all used the SRS. Hopefully they follow suit with the coaches poll, but time will tell.

ST_Lawson
November 16th, 2018, 01:19 PM

Well...guess we're not getting in. I don't know if the coaches poll ever had us in their top 25 this season (even when we deserved it).

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Another new thing I saw (at least it wasn't one that I had heard of before) is that if there is an intra-conference matchup in the first round (which can only happen of the two teams didn't play each other in conference during the regular season) that involves one team that is a conference champion and one team that is not then the conference champion is automatically selected as the host as long as they meet the minimum financial requirements.

Maybe that's been in the rules before and it's kind of obscure since it's not very common to have intra-conference matchups in the first round, much less one involving a conference champion since most leagues that get multiple bids have their champions seeded, but I thought it was interesting.

FUBeAR
November 16th, 2018, 01:26 PM
The "may" keyword has always been in there even when the threshold was 7 wins. I would guess they only have that in there so if a team like The Citadel goes 5-6 but beats Bama they have the ability to add them to the field if they really want to.

https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gifRight...and it has said 6 D1 wins for a while now too. I’ve looked for a source document to link to, but haven’t been able to find it...but I KNOW that I saw that “...6 D1 wins may jeopardize...” language a few years ago...probably as far back as 2013, I saw it...but don’t know when it ‘changed’ from 7 to 6...if it actually was 7. I see 7 thrown around here on AGS all the time, but I’ve never seen it an “official” NCAA release.

Kinda funny though...in an interview with HERO or STATS, the new Committee Chair, earlier this year said it has taken 8 D1 wins to even be considered for an at-large bid in the past 2 years. So, I produced a list of about 10+ Teams that didn’t meet that “crazy-talk” (and he was ON the Committee xrotatehx ) ...that were not only “considered,” but were selected. I think that stuff was posted in a SoCon thread back in August...not going to search/source/link, but I’m sure his interview quote wouldn’t be too difficult to find.

Bottom Line - they gonna put in who they want to & they’ve established an arcane process to make us mushrooms think it’s a free & fair process. FUBeAR’s Team of Representatives will be waiting at the airport on Sunday prepared to fly into Indianapolis and start filing Fan /Team Suppression Federal Lawsuits if he is unhappy with anything about the selections, seeding, or brackets.

Bottom Line2 - New Hampshire gets the #4 seed and will host the winner of the NEC Champion vs. CAA 7th or 8th place Team.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 16th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Another new thing I saw (at least it wasn't one that I had heard of before) is that if there is an intra-conference matchup in the first round (which can only happen of the two teams didn't play each other in conference during the regular season) that involves one team that is a conference champion and one team that is not the conference champion is automatically selected as the host as long as they meet the minimum financial requirements.

Maybe that's been in the rules before and it's kind of obscure since it's not very common to have intra-conference matchups in the first round, much less one involving a conference champion since most leagues that get multiple bids have their champions seeded, but I thought it was interesting.

This certainly will be a factor in the CAA where we only play 8 of 11 teams. Can see Maine playing SBU if we don't get a seed.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2018, 01:29 PM
not enough quality teams hmmmm

Bingo!

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Right...and it has said 6 D1 wins for a while now too. I’ve looked for a source document to link to, but haven’t been able to find it...but I KNOW that I saw that “...6 D1 wins may jeopardize...” language a few years ago...probably as far back as 2013, I saw it...but don’t know when it ‘changed’ from 7 to 6...if it actually was 7. I see 7 thrown around here on AGS all the time, but I’ve never seen it an “official” NCAA release.

Kinda funny though...in an interview with HERO or STATS, the new Committee Chair, earlier this year said it has taken 8 D1 wins to even be considered for an at-large bid in the past 2 years. So, I produced a list of about 10+ Teams that didn’t meet that “crazy-talk” (and he was ON the Committee xrotatehx ) ...that were not only “considered,” but were selected. I think that stuff was posted in a SoCon thread back in August...not going to search/source/link, but I’m sure his interview quote wouldn’t be too difficult to find.

Bottom Line - they gonna put in who they want to & they’ve established an arcane process to make us mushrooms think it’s a free & fair process. FUBeAR’s Team of Representatives will be waiting at the airport on Sunday prepared to fly into Indianapolis and start filing Fan /Team Suppression Federal Lawsuits if he is unhappy with anything about the selections, seeding, or brackets.

Bottom Line2 - New Hampshire gets the #4 seed and will host the winner of the NEC Champion vs. CAA 7th or 8th place Team.
Yeah, it was 2013 (when the field expanded to 24) that they moved the threshold down to 6 D1 wins. Before that it was 7.

I did find the parts of the video that detailed how they voted to determine the at-large pool and the seed pool and the eventual at-large and seeded teams to be interesting though.

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2018, 01:47 PM
....COACHES POLL..xconfusedx.....GET READY BUBB-LERS.........."DON'T DROP DUH SOAP"......AS DEY SAY......IN DUH...VILLANOVAH....SHOWER AREA.....xeekx....BRAWK!

INTERESTING COMMENT MR. CHICKEN. COMING FROM A STATE THAT IS KNOWN FOR COUSINS MARRYING COUSINS. SEE YA TOMORROW. HIGH NOON. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2018, 02:04 PM
INTERESTING COMMENT MR. CHICKEN. COMING FROM A STATE THAT IS KNOWN FOR COUSINS MARRYING COUSINS. SEE YA TOMORROW. HIGH NOON. xpeacex

...........BUT DEY WERE RICH........DIDN'T WANNA SPLIT DUH DUCATS.........WHIFF....JES'.....ANY...OL'....GOLD-DIGGERS......RESULTS.....DUH WOMENS....LOOKED LIKE DUH HUSBANDS.......AN'....YOUSE LEFT ONE UH.....DEM CRAZIES......ON YER WRESTLIN' FARM........HIGH-NOON IT IS......xhypedx......AWK!

cx500d
November 16th, 2018, 02:47 PM

...And for repeatedly dropping the soap in the Villanova shower

PurpleStreamers
November 16th, 2018, 02:59 PM
xlolx

kdinva
November 16th, 2018, 03:17 PM

....or if VMI or Chuck South gets an invite......... xspankx xslapfightx

KPSUL
November 16th, 2018, 03:29 PM
- - - Updated - - -

NCAA Football committee Rule 182.a.1,

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29504&stc=1

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2018, 03:33 PM
It's been that way for like 5 years. I've pointed that out repeatedly over the years. It's been 6 D1 wins for quite some time, and during that time multiple 6 wins have got in.

THIS IS NOT NEW!

---------------------------------------
Now, the coaches poll is new. Although the committee barely if at all used the SRS. Hopefully they follow suit with the coaches poll, but time will tell.

Look closer. It is LESS than 6.

Bison56
November 16th, 2018, 03:36 PM
- - - Updated - - -

winner

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

winner

SpreadTheWord
November 16th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Actually, I think that's probably gonna work out in UIW's favor...

Ohhh I sure hope so lol...

https://media.giphy.com/media/hT6bzjJnhtya4/giphy.gif

ElCid
November 16th, 2018, 06:26 PM

All three of those are AQ, technically. They didn't say, AQ who would accept their selection. They could tell the selection committee tomorrow they will all accept it, I think. Not going to happen, but..... Not sure if they meant what you think they meant, but who knows.

ElCid
November 16th, 2018, 06:29 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

I like your thinking. LOL.

MTfan4life
November 16th, 2018, 06:54 PM

No instead of the CAA, they'll geographically match them up with a Southland team for the third time. They've already feasted on UCA and SELA. Why not add Nicholls to the list?

WestCoastAggie
November 16th, 2018, 07:42 PM
A&T can mess around and end up with a seed.

LMAO!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2018, 07:58 PM
A&T can mess around and end up with a seed.

LMAO!

xlolx

Mess around and lose their last game?

8-3 and that still is a long shot for a seed. 7-4 probably will not get them in.

JSUSoutherner
November 16th, 2018, 08:15 PM
xlolx

Mess around and lose their last game?

8-3 and that still is a long shot for a seed. 7-4 probably will not get them in.

Yeah there's a solid chance 7-4 NC A&T gets left at home. Especially if we lose tomorrow.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Yeah there's a solid chance 7-4 NC A&T gets left at home. Especially if we lose tomorrow.But how will UNH finish?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 16th, 2018, 08:23 PM
But how will UNH finish?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

#6 seed

SpreadTheWord
November 16th, 2018, 08:26 PM
No instead of the CAA, they'll geographically match them up with a Southland team for the third time. They've already feasted on UCA and SELA. Why not add Nicholls to the list?

If I'm UNH, I wouldn't want any part of Nicholls right now. They're a top 10 team in my opinion...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2018, 08:41 PM
If I'm UNH, I wouldn't want any part of Nicholls right now. They're a top 10 team in my opinion...

Not from what I saw last night.

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Yeah there's a solid chance 7-4 NC A&T gets left at home. Especially if we lose tomorrow.

You guys know NC A&T is 8-2 already right?

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2018, 08:46 PM
It says less than 6 D1 wins "may put an institution in jeopardy of not being selected". That's the same threshold and wording that has been in the championship handbook since 2013.

JSUSoutherner
November 16th, 2018, 08:52 PM
I do now.

KPSUL
November 16th, 2018, 08:53 PM

Exactly what SL fans said about Central Arkansas last year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2018, 08:54 PM

you're right.

8-3 will not get them a seed. 9-2 is iffy IMO.

WestCoastAggie
November 16th, 2018, 08:56 PM

God willing, A&T wins in Durham tomorrow.

JSUSoutherner
November 16th, 2018, 08:57 PM

You better.

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Who you think wins in Orlando tomorrow FAMU or Cookman?

JSUSoutherner
November 16th, 2018, 09:00 PM
Who you think wins in Orlando tomorrow FAMU or Cookman?

My money is on FAMU. Cookmsn is real bad.

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2018, 09:03 PM
My money is on FAMU. Cookmsn is real bad.

FAMU just got torched by SC St. though, so you never know I guess

leatherneck177
November 16th, 2018, 09:14 PM
If A&T loses that works too, can’t see a team from the MEAC with three losses in conference making it in.

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2018, 09:16 PM
If A&T loses that works too, can’t see a team from the MEAC with three losses in conference making it in.

Probably right, especially if JSU does not beat KSU

kalm
November 17th, 2018, 07:28 AM
Are we seriously talking about an 8-3 MEAC gettin in or a 9-2 MEAC getting a seed? Jeebus.

WestCoastAggie
November 17th, 2018, 07:32 AM
As long as Bethune-Cookman wins, it doesn't matter. it's too bad their #1 QB has been out since BCU played us. I think it's a bad ACL.

clenz
November 17th, 2018, 08:27 AM

https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1063451443162767360Horrific.

I'd rather uni loses to Missouri State than gets on this year.

Just gross.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Are we seriously talking about an 8-3 MEAC gettin in or a 9-2 MEAC getting a seed? Jeebus.

This........man........

geaux_sioux
November 17th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Horrific.

I'd rather uni loses to Missouri State than gets on this year.

Just gross.

Me too

HensRock
November 17th, 2018, 09:18 AM

Positioning UNH...
Bend over FCS. Here come the Wildcats, playoff streak* intact!

POD Knows
November 17th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Are we seriously talking about an 8-3 MEAC gettin in or a 9-2 MEAC getting a seed? Jeebus.God, I hope so, and then when UND beats NAU by a point, they will also get in. There will be a ton of "average" in the opening round.

geaux_sioux
November 17th, 2018, 09:28 AM
God, I hope so, and then when UND beats NAU by a point, they will also get in. There will be a ton of "average" in the opening round.

One programs average is another programs opportunity.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2018, 09:31 AM
One programs average is another programs opportunity.Yea, that is one way of looking at it. Today and tomorrow will be interesting.

Schism55
November 17th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Me too
Lol!

BisonBacker
November 17th, 2018, 10:25 AM
This is going to be one of the ugliest playoff fields of all time from a win loss perspective. The first and second rounds might be very laughable.

Lorne_Malvo
November 17th, 2018, 11:17 AM
It would be nice if they would just use sagarin and be done with all the nonsense.

MacThor
November 17th, 2018, 12:49 PM
This season makes me yearn for the days of the 16-team bracket.

clenz
November 17th, 2018, 01:00 PM
A buddy of mine said this is all setting up a regional set up and sadly the more I think of it the more he's right

UND and UNI both win. They know UNI will have a pile of cash in their bid envelope

UND gets sent to UNI with the winner to SDSU

Bus trip in the second round garunteed

clawman
November 17th, 2018, 01:51 PM
Could it be that Griz will host SanDiego, then come to Cheney?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

WestCoastAggie
November 17th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Bethune-Cookman just saved the committee from themselves.

MacThor
November 17th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Bethune-Cookman just saved the committee from themselves.

It would probably be easier for them if they could put NCA&T in the field.

FormerPokeCenter
November 18th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Ohhh I sure hope so lol...

https://media.giphy.com/media/hT6bzjJnhtya4/giphy.gif

How ya like me now?? ;)

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2018, 04:39 PM
A buddy of mine said this is all setting up a regional set up and sadly the more I think of it the more he's right

UND and UNI both win. They know UNI will have a pile of cash in their bid envelope

UND gets sent to UNI with the winner to SDSU

Bus trip in the second round garunteed

Oh yeah, JSU flying across the country up to 3 times before Frisco is regional all right.

Rabbit74
December 2nd, 2018, 08:08 AM
It is interesting the all 8 seeds made it to the quarterfinals. Has the happened before?

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2018, 08:12 AM
It is interesting the all 8 seeds made it to the quarterfinals. Has the happened before?
First time since they started seeding 8 teams in 2013.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2018, 08:46 AM
Nice job, CAA!

Cocky
December 2nd, 2018, 09:03 AM
Committee did a good job on the seeds, which is what matters the most.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2018, 09:27 AM
And what's interesting is that the teams that were close to top 8 all year long (Wofford, JMU, UNI-ish) were closer against the quarterfinalists.

The top 10 or 12 will be kind of easy to rank. Wofford wasn't a top 8 team, but we were probably #10 or so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cocky
December 2nd, 2018, 10:02 AM
JSU was placed(or ended) right anywhere from 9-16 would be reasonable. If you want to put them lower I could understand.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2018, 01:49 PM

I think they messed up puttng Kennesaw over Sur Dakota st but happy they did, I don't like snow even on TV

gofurman
December 2nd, 2018, 09:30 PM

For the MOST Part I agree. Decent job.

But in some cases Did they seed it right ??? I mean it's a self-fulfilling prophecy as putting teams at HOME allows them to win !!

I bet JMU beats Colgate AT JMU. Wofford might win against KSU if that game is AT Wofford.

clenz
December 5th, 2018, 08:02 AM
For the MOST Part I agree. Decent job.

But in some cases Did they seed it right ??? I mean it's a self-fulfilling prophecy as putting teams at HOME allows them to win !!

I bet JMU beats Colgate AT JMU. Wofford might win against KSU if that game is AT Wofford.If my aunt had a dick and balls and my uncle had a vagina.....

Sycamore62
December 5th, 2018, 08:31 AM
If my aunt had a dick and balls and my uncle had a vagina.....

it's 2018, genitalia doesn't have any bearing on this...

Redbird 4th & short
December 5th, 2018, 08:56 AM
it's 2018, genitalia doesn't have any bearing on this...
I think maybe clenz was just highlighting how medical advances now make that more possible ?

clenz
December 5th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Trust me. I'm a uni fan. We are aware of it. Bruce Jenner is a uni alum. Just ask Lamar fans.

Sycamore62
December 5th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Trust me. I'm a uni fan. We are aware of it. Bruce Jenner is a uni alum. Just ask Lamar fans.

He was my favorite Nerd at the Greek Games

ST_Lawson
December 5th, 2018, 02:29 PM
He was my favorite Nerd at the Greek Games

Oh, we're doing this again...ok ;)

Outsider1
December 5th, 2018, 04:09 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29670&stc=1

Sycamore62
December 5th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Oh, we're doing this again...ok ;)