PDA

View Full Version : 2018-11/10 AGS GOTW Week 11

Preferred Walk-On
November 5th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Southeast Missouri State @ Murray State - A chance for the Redhawks to put a stranglehold on the Ohio Valley title and auto-bid. Also a barometer for comparison with Jacksonville State.

Kennesaw State @ Monmouth - This is essentially for the Big South title.

Towson @ Elon - Contender (perhaps an understatement) or pretender (perhaps an overstatement). Both can still win the CAA (with a little help).

Delaware @ Stony Brook - Another CAA game with conference title (and seeding) implications.

Rhode Island @ James Madison - The Rams need for this for 7 DI wins. The Dukes need this for pride, 7 DI wins before facing Towson, and for the chance at not playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

UC-Davis @ Eastern Washington - This is the opportunity the Aggies have been waiting for. Win would almost certainly solidify a Big Sky title AND give the Aggies a great shot at the #2 seed. The Eagles are looking to prove that this year, their defense (and the development of offensive chemistry) will give them a chance against anyone come playoff time...of course a high seed would help as well.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Pretty easy choice for me this week in UC Davis/EWU. The winner probably locks up a top 4 seed since neither have a very tough final game. I actually think EWU could/should fall out of the seeds if they drop this one... they've got very little to fall back on in terms of quality wins and that would give them H2H losses to the 2 best FCS teams they played. UC Davis I think could still salvage a seed even with a loss but it won't be in the top 4 (meaning only 1 guaranteed home playoff game).

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Davis/EWU

Huge game!

JSUSoutherner
November 5th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Southeast Missouri State @ Murray State - A chance for the Redhawks to put a stranglehold on the Ohio Valley title and auto-bid. Also a barometer for comparison with Jacksonville State.

Towson @ Elon - Contender (perhaps an understatement) or pretender (perhaps an overstatement). Both can still win the CAA (with a little help).

Delaware @ Stony Brook - Another CAA game with conference title (and seeding) implications.

Rhode Island @ James Madison - The Rams need for this for 7 DI wins. The Dukes need this for pride, 7 DI wins before facing Towson, and for the chance at not playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

UC-Davis @ Eastern Washington - This is the opportunity the Aggies have been waiting for. Win would almost certainly solidify a Big Sky title AND give the Aggies a great shot at the #2 seed. The Eagles are looking to prove that this year, their defense (and the development of offensive chemistry) will give them a chance against anyone come playoff time...of course a high seed would help as well.

If we win this week we still become OVC co-champs. SEMO is just playing for the auto.

RabidRabbit
November 5th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Mark this Rabbit as Davis/EWU selector.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Derby City Duke
November 5th, 2018, 03:58 PM

Who are you kidding; without 2 blowout wins agains Rhody and Towson -- they are playing on Thanksgiving Saturday...at best. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped both and watched the playoffs from home.

quadshock
November 5th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Huge game at Davis/EWU, really looking forward to it

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Davis/EWU

Anyone who says otherwise is a homer.

I would know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Who are you kidding; without 2 blowout wins agains Rhody and Towson -- they are playing on Thanksgiving Saturday...at best. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped both and watched the playoffs from home.
I'd be very surprised if JMU wasn't seeded at 8-3. The CAA is going to cannibalize itself quite a bit over these last couple weeks and there's probably only going to be 2 or 3 at most of the top 6 that make it through unscathed and I get the feeling that two of them will be seeded. The Big Sky will also be having a team or two drop out of the seed conversation most likely (they've got 3 up there currently).

That said you're right that they need to worry about picking up at least one of these last two or they won't have to worry about the playoffs at all.

dewey
November 5th, 2018, 07:16 PM
UC Davis at Eastern Washington for me. Potential Big Sky championship and top 2 or 3 seed on the line.

Dewey

BlueGoldAg
November 5th, 2018, 08:41 PM
UC Davis @ EWU for sure for me.

So many things make this game this an exciting match up. Two gunslinging teams shooting it out for what is likely the Big Sky Championship and a top 4 seed. A proven program like EWU at home will be a huge challenge for the upstart Aggies. The Ags seem to have made a few believers here at AGS but haven't gotten as much confidence from the FCS coaches which, to me, means that we still have dues to pay as the new kid on the block. This is the biggest game ever for Aggies since they moved up to the FCS level and, from all appearances, it should be a good one.

Preferred Walk-On
November 5th, 2018, 08:49 PM
If we win this week we still become OVC co-champs. SEMO is just playing for the auto.

Understood. But I know as a Bison fan, it felt a bit hollow when North Dakota State shared the conference championship with South Dakota State, even when the Bison lost to the Jackrabbits during the regular season that year. But I guess it kept the MVFC championship streak alive to break the record this year, so there's that. ;)

Looking forward to that Jacksonville State v. Kennesaw State game in two weeks.

kalm
November 5th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Pretty easy choice for me this week in UC Davis/EWU. The winner probably locks up a top 4 seed since neither have a very tough final game. I actually think EWU could/should fall out of the seeds if they drop this one... they've got very little to fall back on in terms of quality wins and that would give them H2H losses to the 2 best FCS teams they played. UC Davis I think could still salvage a seed even with a loss but it won't be in the top 4 (meaning only 1 guaranteed home playoff game).

Totally agree. Both JMU and EWU need another quality win.

Preferred Walk-On
November 5th, 2018, 08:54 PM
UC Davis @ EWU for sure for me.

So many things make this game this an exciting match up. Two gunslinging teams shooting it out for what is likely the Big Sky Championship and a top 4 seed. A proven program like EWU at home will be a huge challenge for the upstart Aggies. The Ags seem to have made a few believers here at AGS but haven't gotten as much confidence from the FCS coaches which, to me, means that we still have dues to pay as the new kid on the block. This is the biggest game ever for Aggies since they moved up to the FCS level and, from all appearances, it should be a good one.

Looking forward to the game. Only matters what the committee thinks, and if coaches are really undervaluing UC-Davis (which is probably really whoever they have fill out their ballots), then they are going to be in for a surprise come playoff time. Rooting for our former Great West colleagues.

veinup
November 6th, 2018, 05:47 PM
aggies @ red carpet is HYPE CITY.

almost as much as the battle for the little brown cup :D

Daytripper
November 6th, 2018, 07:38 PM
UC Davis by three touchdowns.

I voted for Kennesaw/Monmouth.