PDA

View Full Version : UNH Offensive Lineman Tucker Peterson

UNH 40
April 2nd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Tucker had a great pro day and has been getting pretty good reviews from some draft anylists. This was posted today on Draftdaddy.com.

Draft Daddy spotlights 9 potential surprise offensive linemen

Tucker Peterson, OG New Hampshire (6-2 1/8, 297 pounds), ran his 40s in 5.05 and 5.09. He also had a 35-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-7 long jump, 4.37 short shuttle and a 7.29 three-cone drill and 24 bench reps.

DD.comment: Those are some pretty nice workout numbers for a guard that is almost 300 pounds. And, the numbers were posted outdoors, in less than ideal conditions last month. In addition to being agile and athletic, he's a good football player, too, as we've had him among our top small schoolers since last August. Tucker deserves to be drafted.

also listed were Jermon Bushrod (Towson) and Jon Bender (Nicholls State)

Mr. C
April 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Hopefully, Tucker gets a true chance to make his mark in the NFL. He has been a key part of UNH's success in the past three years.

UNHWildCats
April 2nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Houston should draft him, he couldnt do any worse then what they already have.

WildcatFan
April 3rd, 2007, 07:11 AM
I wish him all the best - he is not only a great player but a great personxthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

spelunker64
April 3rd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Bender was mentioned in the SD papers going to the Chargers in the 5th or 6th

smallcollegefbfan
April 3rd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Bender was mentioned in the SD papers going to the Chargers in the 5th or 6th

Talk about a player that is moving up. Bender was not even invited to the combine.

One lineman to look at next year is Kendall Langford, in my opinion. I think he blows away any of the small schoolers this year. Anytime you have a 6'5 1/2 295-pound DE/DT who can run 4.9 with his production you know you have a future stud.

I still don't get how Hampton gets these guys and then doesn't do better in the playoffs. These players are clearly great players but it just seems they can't get it together when it comes to the team aspect of the game.

Mr. C
April 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
If you are talking about next year, how about Kerry Brown of Appalachian State? To me, he is going to be the best lineman in the FCS this season. The key for him is how well he plays at Michigan. If he has a great game against the Wolverines, he can really shoot up the charts. Brown, by the way is starting to take on a lot more leadership responsibility for the Mountaineers, now that he is a senior.

Mr. C
April 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Houston should draft him, he couldnt do any worse then what they already have.
Give me a group of the top linemen from FCS (including Peterson) and I'll guarantee you I could put together a much superior line to what the Houston Texans have. They are simply AWFUL. David Carr is probably glad to get out of theat mess still in one piece.

appfan2008
April 3rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
If you are talking about next year, how about Kerry Brown of Appalachian State? To me, he is going to be the best lineman in the FCS this season. The key for him is how well he plays at Michigan. If he has a great game against the Wolverines, he can really shoot up the charts. Brown, by the way is starting to take on a lot more leadership responsibility for the Mountaineers, now that he is a senior.
Brown has the potential to be a first day pick in the NFL... I hope he has a great senior year so his stock can continue to rise... walking near him on campus is scary... he is HUGExnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Mr. C
April 3rd, 2007, 11:28 PM
Brown has had a GREAT spring and the thing that has impressed me is what I hear about him taking more leadership responsibility and growing up off the field. He is taking things more seriously than he ever has before. And by the way, not only is his size scary, so is his speed. He has tremendous feet for a gut who is over 300 pounds. He runs like a stinking Gazelle.

Tucker Peterson has pretty good feet, too, for a big guy. I hope he makes his "big" brother George proud.

appfan2008
April 3rd, 2007, 11:40 PM
where do think the top of browns potential is in the pros? or on draft day?

Mr. C
April 3rd, 2007, 11:44 PM
I think Brown could potentially be one of the best NFL players to ever come out of Appalachian State (I'm talking Dino Hackett, Larry Hand, Dexter Coakley territory here).

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 4th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Give me a group of the top linemen from FCS (including Peterson) and I'll guarantee you I could put together a much superior line to what the Houston Texans have. They are simply AWFUL. David Carr is probably glad to get out of theat mess still in one piece.

Reminds me of that post season game when I just wanted to see Baylark, Patrick and Ball play together for consecutive plays with the FBS QB and the guys from Hampton (the names are escaping me right now)! Call me crazy but I think they would have more than held their own in that game!! xnodx

Jackluv
April 4th, 2007, 10:38 PM
wow! peterson's stats are very good for an offensive guard
im surprised he wasnt heavier though, everyone had him at abou 310lbs but im sure he had to lose a little weight to run that 4.37 shuttle haha