PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-3

JALMOND
October 31st, 2018, 10:21 PM
Its November and heading in to the end of the season. The conference is a four team race at the moment and all four do not want to stumble here. However there have been some surprises in the conference so this week may have some more. Every year since I've been doing this, I've had at least one perfect week. I have not had a perfect week yet this season. Currently I am at 52-19 for the season. All the teams play this weekend. Here is my attempt at perfection.

CP at MSU---The Mustangs looked good against injury prone NAU last weekend, and now must go back on the road again, this time to face the Bobcats who lost a tough one at Idaho State. Who is finally getting their season together?...MSU 28, CP 20.

EWU at UNC---The Bears are playing better football the last couple weeks and are getting ready for next year. They welcome the Eagles who are adjusting to life without their star quarterback, but seem to be adjusting really well lately...EWU 38, UNC 27.

ISU at PSU---Who saw this as a conference game of the week? The surging Vikings are taking care of business but now come to a murderous row to close out the year. The Bengals are fighting for respect in the conference and need a good win here...ISU 38, PSU 34.

UM at SUU---How is the Grizzly psyche after last week's heartbreaking loss? They should have enough to take care of a punchless Thunderbirds team feeling the effects of a bad year. The Grizzlies need to want the win, otherwise it could get ugly...UM 38, SUU 21.

NAU at UCD---Can the Lumberjacks just get through a game without injuries? Especially heading on the road to play the Aggies who are flying high after their amazing comeback last week. Even if the Lumberjacks had a complete team, this was going to be tough...UCD 48, NAU 21.

SAC at WSU---The Hornets are in the midst of a bad year. Now they have to hit the road and play one of the conference heavies. The Wildcats are trying to keep things going and don't want anything to jeopardize their season. They can't look past this one...WSU 24, SAC 10.

North Dakota at UI---This hasn't been the season the Vandals hoped for when they moved down from the FBS. They are still a dangerous team and can catch someone off guard if they are not prepared. They get the high flying Hawks in their building...UI 34, North Dakota 27.

bonarae
November 1st, 2018, 12:07 AM
Montana State
EWU
ISU orange
Griz
UC Davis
Weber State
North Dakota

mvemjsunpx
November 1st, 2018, 01:41 AM
Idaho St. 35-31 Portland St. — The Viks have won 3 straight, but those victims were all weaker than ISU

NAU 14-38 Davis — NAU has the best pass D in the Sky, but that won't matter since they're on their 89th. string QB

NoDak 27-21 Idaho — Should be tough in The Barn-North, but UND could need this to make the playoffs

Montana 37-31 Suutah — The Griz can't lose to a team that just lost to Northern Colorado, right? …right!? xeekx

Sac 14-34 Weber — The Weber State Wildcats take on the Sacramento State Elijah Dotsons

Cal Poly 28-35 Montana St. — The 'Stang run D is allowing a ludicrous 7.7 yards-per carry

EWU 31-21 NoCo — The Bears will play tough, but it won't stop their streak from ending at 2

wapiti
November 1st, 2018, 09:43 AM
CP 20 at MSU 35---CP has been on a upswing recently and MSU a bit down, but MSU was playing much better competition. This game is in Bozeman and if MSU can manage CP's run game MSU will earn the W.

EWU 32 at UNC 30---EWU is not quite as good without Gubrud, but their backup QB is no slouch. This game might be a bit closer then the Eagles would like.

ISU 32 at PSU 21---PSU takes on one of the better team this weekend.

UM 28 at SUU 27---If this game was in Missoula UM should win easily, but SUU is hosting this one making for a close game that could go either way.

NAU 17 at UCD 45---NAU is in full swoon mode with the rash of injuries at the QB position. UCD is flying high.

SAC 20 at WSU 38---Easy pick here. As long as the BBQ does not look past the Hornets.

North Dakota 33 at UI 24---UND has won over ranked a opponent on the road this year and lost close ones to ranked teams at home. Idaho is not ranked.

grizband
November 2nd, 2018, 01:17 AM
MSU
EWU
ISU
UM
Davis
Weber
North Dakota

Roamingriz
November 2nd, 2018, 07:59 PM
Cal Poly v Montana St. - should be a hard nose matchup, I like it. But with bobcats at home and a solid run d I'm going with the cats. CP 21 MSU 32

EWU v NoCO - Could be a sneaky tough game with the bears at home. Still going with the eagles but i don't think they can sleep walk it. Ewash 35 Bers 28

Idaho State v Portland St - A better matchup than expected a month ago. Vikings have toughened up but I don't think they'll score enough to keep up nor slow the begals down enough to win. Quite. ISU 36 PSU 25

Montana v SUU - well if the Griz have 3 or more turnovers they lose. Or allow 23 second half points they lose(even half of what they allowed to Davis). I will spot them two turnovers overall and 21 in the second half. UM 31 SUU 28

NAU v Davis - wished this would add up to it's preseason hype, but tough luck 'jacks are going to have a long day. NAU 24 UCD 44

Sac St. v Weber - I thought the Hornets were something they apparently are not. Don't think they have the horses to wear down the wildcats (they have 1 horse, mvem mentioned him above) And I think the wildcats have been figuring out their offense and have wet napkins to run through this weekend. Could be ugly should be ugly. Hornets 12 Weber 42

UND v Idaho - UND ought to take care of Weber Lite on the road. Idaho has some dysmal offensive stats but rise up once in a while and play tough. UND 31 UI 21

JALMOND
November 4th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Its November and heading in to the end of the season. The conference is a four team race at the moment and all four do not want to stumble here. However there have been some surprises in the conference so this week may have some more. Every year since I've been doing this, I've had at least one perfect week. I have not had a perfect week yet this season. Currently I am at 52-19 for the season. All the teams play this weekend. Here is my attempt at perfection.

CP at MSU---The Mustangs looked good against injury prone NAU last weekend, and now must go back on the road again, this time to face the Bobcats who lost a tough one at Idaho State. Who is finally getting their season together?...MSU 28, CP 20.

EWU at UNC---The Bears are playing better football the last couple weeks and are getting ready for next year. They welcome the Eagles who are adjusting to life without their star quarterback, but seem to be adjusting really well lately...EWU 38, UNC 27.

ISU at PSU---Who saw this as a conference game of the week? The surging Vikings are taking care of business but now come to a murderous row to close out the year. The Bengals are fighting for respect in the conference and need a good win here...ISU 38, PSU 34.

UM at SUU---How is the Grizzly psyche after last week's heartbreaking loss? They should have enough to take care of a punchless Thunderbirds team feeling the effects of a bad year. The Grizzlies need to want the win, otherwise it could get ugly...UM 38, SUU 21.

NAU at UCD---Can the Lumberjacks just get through a game without injuries? Especially heading on the road to play the Aggies who are flying high after their amazing comeback last week. Even if the Lumberjacks had a complete team, this was going to be tough...UCD 48, NAU 21.

SAC at WSU---The Hornets are in the midst of a bad year. Now they have to hit the road and play one of the conference heavies. The Wildcats are trying to keep things going and don't want anything to jeopardize their season. They can't look past this one...WSU 24, SAC 10.

North Dakota at UI---This hasn't been the season the Vandals hoped for when they moved down from the FBS. They are still a dangerous team and can catch someone off guard if they are not prepared. They get the high flying Hawks in their building...UI 34, North Dakota 27.

Perfection, 7-0. Even Idaho came through. 59-19 for the year.

Catbooster
November 4th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Congrats, Jalmond. This is a tough year to get perfection. Thanks for doing these every week.

Vandal03
November 4th, 2018, 11:24 AM

Great job with those predictions!