PDA

View Full Version : AGS Voters have ranked 4-4 UNI, will they rank 4-4 Furman next week?

Pages : 1 [2]

FUGameBreaker
November 2nd, 2018, 05:29 PM
Yea I'm out. No reasoning with you.
UNI: ------------------------------ Furman:
Loss Montana - down --------------- Loss #25 ETSU - down
Loss FBS #19 Iowa - flat ---------------- Loss FBS #2 Clemson - flat
Win Hampton - slight up---------- Win WCU - slight up
Win Indiana St. - slight up ------ Win Citadel - slight up
Win USD - slight up ----------- Win #30 UTC - slight up
Loss #29 WIU - down -------- Loss #34 Samford - down
Loss #1 NDSU - down -------- Loss #8 Elon - down
Win #7 SD St. - up ---------- Win #9 Wofford - up

Exactly, that's why I can't lose this argument, Furman would be at an equal if not tougher schedule than UNI according to the AGS pollsters rankings.
Therefore you can't defend UNI's ranking in the poll while also bashing the ranking of other teams the AGS pollsters have voted for when discussing schedule strength, its contradictory.

uni88
November 2nd, 2018, 05:42 PM
It comes down to resume, not freaking NDSU and all they do to prop up the valley when comparing these two teams xthumbsupxAre you bitter that Appy and G Southern aren't around to prop up the SnOwCONe anymore? :P

FUGameBreaker
November 2nd, 2018, 06:25 PM
Are you bitter that Appy and G Southern aren't around to prop up the SnOwCONe anymore? :P

Nope, although it was a lot more fun with those two in the league, whenever NDSU gets the money together they to will follow suit to the FBS as well

Anyways, just making it clear we are comparing first 8 for UNI that has gotten them ranked vs. first 8 for Furman, a reasonable person will admit its either even or very very close to being even if FU gets the win vs. UTC this saturday

uni88
November 2nd, 2018, 09:51 PM
Nope, although it was a lot more fun with those two in the league, whenever NDSU gets the money together they to will follow suit to the FBS as well

Anyways, just making it clear we are comparing first 8 for UNI that has gotten them ranked vs. first 8 for Furman, a reasonable person will admit its either even or very very close to being even if FU gets the win vs. UTC this saturdayIt isn't about money for NDSU, it's about a conference home. They don't have a good option and it would be foolish to go without one. I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

You're argument isn't bad but you're basing it on your subjective appraisal of their "resume" and ignoring any other consideration such as the eye test. You're also rationalizing FU's losses (our QB was hurt) but ignoring any reasoning that undermines your argument. You have a valid opinion not a fact.

gofurman
November 3rd, 2018, 12:37 AM
I am pretty sure that is an axiom.

If Furman sucks ... Then Citadel is apparently 11 points WORSE than suck

think about that. Putting Furman down only hurts you. Now go carry my luggage in those ridiculous uniforms. :D

FACT - Furman has won more games over Citadel than we have over any other opponent.

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

---------------------

all that hat said in fun, I do think IF IF. IF Furman WINS OUT the committee has a tough choice based on weather

furman went 7-4 last year w same opponents.
IF WE WIN OUT. IF. That would be 6-4 this year with the missing Colgate game lost to hurricane ... who can say what would have happened ? Does the committee punish us for weather (and it was Colgate who backed out by the way.. Furman was offering free tickets to anyone who evacuated from the coast then Colgate announced the game was off a few hours later).

And Furman 6-4 this year has a more signature win than 7-4 Furman last year. We beat top 5/10 Wofford by 20. And if we win out we beat top 30 Chat

Do you punish a team for the other team cancelling the game??????????

that is my concern and a more relevant question

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 04:35 AM
It isn't about money for NDSU, it's about a conference home. They don't have a good option and it would be foolish to go without one. I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

You're argument isn't bad but you're basing it on your subjective appraisal of their "resume" and ignoring any other consideration such as the eye test. You're also rationalizing FU's losses (our QB was hurt) but ignoring any reasoning that undermines your argument. You have a valid opinion not a fact.

You guys have been doing the same rationalizing for UNI's 25 point home loss to NDSU ect., so for me to clear up why the Elon game got away is fair game.
Ignoring the reasoning for my argument sounds exactly like what some of you guys against Furman have been doing lol. And if your comparing both teams schedules with each other using the AGS poll as the base of reference it is 100% proof that both teams will have have preformed equally in first 8 games with an FU win vs. UTC

Anyways its gameday now, lets see if any of this even matters xthumbsupx

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 04:39 AM

think about that. Putting Furman down only hurts you. Now go carry my luggage in those ridiculous uniforms. :D

FACT - Furman has won more games over Citadel than we have over any other opponent.

---------------------

all that hat said in fun, I do think IF IF. IF Furman WINS OUT the committee has a tough choice based on weather

IF WE WIN OUT. IF. That would be 6-4 this year with the missing Colgate game lost to hurricane ... who can say what would have happened ? Does the committee punish us for weather (and it was Colgate who backed out by the way.. Furman was offering free tickets to anyone who evacuated from the coast then Colgate announced the game was off a few hours later).

And Furman 6-4 this year has a more signature win than 7-4 Furman last year. We beat top 5/10 Wofford by 20. And if we win out we beat top 30 Chat

that is my concern and a more relevant question

Exactly!

Fact is Colgate has not played a single team with a winning record and won't until season finale at Army, their schedule is weak as hell and I would not fear getting a team down in Greenville that we demolished last year on the road, no doubt we win that game if they don't back out, but I digress lol

PaladinFan
November 3rd, 2018, 05:51 AM
It isn't about money for NDSU, it's about a conference home. They don't have a good option and it would be foolish to go without one. I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

I think it can be true that Furman probably isn’t objectively a playoff team in 2018. I like what we are building, but you get the sense we are a season or two away.

It can also be true that there is an inherent bias in the rankings. That there can disparate treatment in the polls between teams with subjectively comparative resumes simply based on external perceptions that have little to do with on-field product.

To me, the concern is less about whether Furman and UNI are ranked together, but why UNI and ETSU are.

Reign of Terrier
November 3rd, 2018, 08:36 AM

---------------------

that is my concern and a more relevant questionOkay but Furman sucks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 09:01 AM
Beautiful fall day for football xthumbsupx

https://twitter.com/PaladinFootball/status/1058697801847074817

Twentysix
November 3rd, 2018, 03:06 PM
Yikes, this thread is what happens when your team falls into irrelevance.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2018, 03:16 PM
Fun day at Paladin stadium today!

Same thing at the UNI Dome... xcoffeex

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 03:27 PM
Fun day at Paladin stadium today!

Reign of Terrier
November 3rd, 2018, 03:42 PM
Both of them deserve rankings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And if Samford holds unto their lead, up 21-17 against Wofford right now, they will as well.

FCS is tough! Lots of upsets today!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Milktruck74
November 3rd, 2018, 04:02 PM
So, YES!!!!! There are NOT 25 teams better than FURMAN at this point in the season!!!!

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 05:58 PM
So, YES!!!!! There are NOT 25 teams better than FURMAN at this point in the season!!!!

Classy post dude, thank you!

Schism55
November 3rd, 2018, 06:12 PM
Furman will be firmly at #26 in my poll xsmiley_wix

smilo
November 3rd, 2018, 06:21 PM

Really? I see arguably 30. I was really high on the SoCon last year but too many better teams at this point that actually have wins. I'd be more open to the "Depth" argument if the CAA didn't have a lot more success to its name in spite of its own incredible depth.

I think UNI proved that it was a very special exception. I didn't rank them in a single poll this season until the South Dakota State win. A Wofford win is not remotely comparable to that type of scalp.

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 06:22 PM
Furman will be firmly at #26 in my poll xsmiley_wix

Lol :D

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 06:24 PM
Really? I see arguably 30. I was really high on the SoCon last year but too many better teams at this point that actually have wins. I'd be more open to the "Depth" argument if the CAA didn't have a lot more success to its name in spite of its own incredible depth.

I think UNI proved that it was a very special exception. I didn't rank them in a single poll this season until the South Dakota State win. A Wofford win is not remotely comparable to that type of scalp.

Good for UNI today

I think the question that comes up now is that we should now be wondering if Illinois St. is any good, at 5-4 and losing 3 straight, plus a lower division win, that puts them in deep trouble

Bisonator
November 3rd, 2018, 07:08 PM
Good for UNI today

I think the question that comes up now is that we should now be wondering if Illinois St. is any good, at 5-4 and losing 3 straight, plus a lower division win, that puts them in deep trouble
Can't argue with that, ISUr is falling like a rock. They apparently feasted on the chumps and are now taking their lumps.

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2018, 07:11 PM
Can't argue with that, ISUr is falling like a rock. They apparently feasted on the chumps and are now taking their lumps.

I didn't have ISUr rated this week and I wondered why anyone did since I pointed out they had no marquee wins. They sure as hell don't deserve to be rated this week.

citdog
November 3rd, 2018, 07:28 PM
furman sucks

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 08:14 PM
furman sucks

xthumbsupx

Lorne_Malvo
November 3rd, 2018, 08:21 PM
UNI SOS - 105th
Furman SOS - 145th

Those are the facts.

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 08:28 PM
UNI SOS - 105th
Furman SOS - 145th

Those are the facts.

Dude seriously don't get me started again lol

Lorne_Malvo
November 3rd, 2018, 08:46 PM
Dude seriously don't get me started again lol

Do whatever you want. Ignore is just a click away.

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 08:49 PM
Do whatever you want. Ignore is just a click away.

That's not my point, I don't think you read through this thread, that was brought up 100 times over, anyways..........

Lorne_Malvo
November 3rd, 2018, 09:18 PM
That's not my point, I don't think you read through this thread, that was brought up 100 times over, anyways..........

Reading an entire thread about Furman? Lol, like anyone would ever do that.

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 09:20 PM

xthumbsupx

dewey
November 3rd, 2018, 09:22 PM
I didn't have ISUr rated this week and I wondered why anyone did since I pointed out they had no marquee wins. They sure as hell don't deserve to be rated this week.

ISUr has the win over Colorado State. Regardless of how good CSU is winning at an FBS is a good win.

Dewey

FUGameBreaker
November 3rd, 2018, 09:27 PM
ISUr has the win over Colorado State. Regardless of how good CSU is winning at an FBS is a good win.

Dewey

Looking at CSU I would not say a good win, maybe decent

Nevertheless they are free falling

dewey
November 3rd, 2018, 09:54 PM
Looking at CSU I would not say a good win, maybe decent

Nevertheless they are free fallingI tend to think all FBS wins are good...some are great. However I agree with you ISUr is free falling and they are out of the playoffs unless some weird stuff happens. Especially with their non D1 win to start the season.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2018, 10:41 PM

Dewey

I don't value all FBS wins equally. Is beating UTEP the same as beating a perennial T25 FBS team?

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2018, 10:59 PM
I don't value all FBS wins equally. Is beating UTEP the same as beating a perennial T25 FBS team?
They also beat WIU. I don't think you'll find much for other teams in the 20s (which is roughly where I think ISUr ends up) that have 2 wins that would be on par with WIU and Colorado St. They're basically NC A&T with a bad loss that isn't as bad.

dewey
November 3rd, 2018, 11:41 PM
I don't value all FBS wins equally. Is beating UTEP the same as beating a perennial T25 FBS team?I agree. I must have said that in another thread and not this one. Any FBS win is a good win while a win over a top 25 FBS team is a great win IMHO.

Dewey

ElCid
November 3rd, 2018, 11:45 PM
I agree. I must have said that in another thread and not this one. Any FBS win is a good win while a win over a top 25 FBS team is a great win IMHO.

Dewey

I think we can stratify it better than that.

Any win over an FBS is a good win. Any win over a P5 is a great win. Any win over an FBS top 25 is an outstanding win.xthumbsupx

dewey
November 3rd, 2018, 11:47 PM
I think we can stratify it better than that.

Any win over an FBS is a good win. Any win over a P5 is a great win. Any win over an FBS top 25 is an outstanding win.xthumbsupxSounds good. Let's go with that.

Dewey

citdog
November 3rd, 2018, 11:55 PM

All you need to know about any vermin thread is this..... furman sucks

cx500d
November 4th, 2018, 12:15 PM
All you need to know about any vermin thread is this..... furman sucks

I was wondering when that would come out!