PDA

View Full Version : Massey FCS Composite Ratings (Oct 27, 2018)

World
October 28th, 2018, 05:12 AM
https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

1. North Dakota State
2. Dartmouth
3. Princeton
4. James Madison
5. UC Davis
6. Colgate
7. Elon
8. South Dakota State
9. Delaware
10. Towson
11. Eastern Washington
12. Weber State
13. Illinois State
14. Kennesaw
15. Northern Iowa
16. Stony Brook
17. Idaho State
18. Wofford
19. Nicholls State
20. North Dakota
21. Jacksonville State
22. Yale
23. Western Illinois
24. Central Arkansas
25. Rhode Island

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2018, 08:35 AM
xrolleyesxxlolx

Gangtackle11
October 28th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Maine 5-3 with FBS win & head to head win over 5-3 Rhode Island with no FBS win.

And the Massey composite says......

Rhode Island #22 - Maine #27

That’s what is called a FAUX PAS on the French Canadian/Maine border. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
October 28th, 2018, 10:08 AM
........RAMBOS.....TOOK CARE UH JIMMYE.........."DUH BEARS"......LEFT HASH MARKS....'TWEEN DUH HASH [email protected] LAYCOCK.........BRAWK!

.....RAMS ALSO.......THIEVED ONE....AT........TUBBY'S........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 28th, 2018, 10:37 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29373&stc=1.............AH'D ??......DUH ELI......OWN-LAH 2 DECENT...DUBBYA'S.....MAINE/MERCER..........L'S....TA HOLY COW.....COLUMBIA....SMACKED...BAH BIG GREEN......&....PRINCETON....'ROUND CORN'R.........AWK!

Schism55
October 28th, 2018, 10:59 AM
^^^ Mr Chicken inception!!!

McNeese75
October 28th, 2018, 03:53 PM
composite is a POS

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2018, 03:58 PM
composite is a POS
xnodx

cx500d
October 28th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Maine 5-3 with FBS win & head to head win over 5-3 Rhode Island with no FBS win.

And the Massey composite says......

Rhode Island #22 - Maine #27

That’s what is called a FAUX PAS on the French Canadian/Maine border. xpeacex

I think they call it that down in Louisiana also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McNeese75
October 28th, 2018, 07:18 PM
I think they call it that down in Louisiana also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on a nice day xlolx

KPSUL
October 28th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Did Mr. Masse graduate from Yale or Dartmouth ?

Professor
October 29th, 2018, 08:50 AM
composite is a POS

#facts

kalm
October 29th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Other than Princeton and Dartmouth being over-rated as well as perhaps UNI and ISUr, the regular Massey doesn't look too bad. As always it appears to heavily weigh SoS except for the Ivies. The highest ranked team Massey FCS Princeton and Dartmouth have faced OOC is #63 Monmouth.

Sycamore62
October 29th, 2018, 09:00 AM
these are crap, I have us at 43 instead of 47

World
October 29th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Other than Princeton and Dartmouth being over-rated as well as perhaps UNI and ISUr, the regular Massey doesn't look too bad. As always it appears to heavily weigh SoS except for the Ivies. The highest ranked team Massey FCS Princeton and Dartmouth have faced OOC is #63 Monmouth.

Excellent point, except Monmouth is at #44

44 Monmouth NJ (https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5023&s=300937) BSo 6-2

and how did the Monmouth game go?

kalm
October 29th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Excellent point, except Monmouth is at #44

44 Monmouth NJ (https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5023&s=300937) BSo 6-2

and how did the Monmouth game go?

I said “regular Massey”. It’s their FCS rankings. I have troupble finding things with the composite.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings

Monmouth is 63. Regardless, Ivy schedules are still inconclusive when compared to say, a Delaware. Princeton and Dartmouth will have played one team below 170 (each other) in Massey’s rating of all divisions while the Hens will have played 5 (as the rankings now stand).

ISUr will have played 7. Davis 6. ISUo 8....etc.

World
October 29th, 2018, 09:48 AM
I said “regular Massey”. It’s their FCS rankings. I have troupble finding things with the composite.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings

Monmouth is 63. Regardless, Ivy schedules are still inconclusive when compared to say, a Delaware. Princeton and Dartmouth will have played one team below 170 (each other) in Massey’s rating of all divisions while the Hens will have played 5 (as the rankings now stand).

ISUr will have played 7. Davis 6. ISUo 8....etc.

I see, and how did Monmouth do in its game against one of these Ivy teams?

In your Massey ratings, where Monmouth is #63, a team that Delaware played, Albany, is #78. How did Delaware do against Albany?

by the way, you do understand that the Massey FCS Composite is the topic of this thread and Monmouth is #44 on this "on topic" ratings (and Albany is #87), don't you?

kalm
October 29th, 2018, 10:53 AM
I see, and how did Monmouth do in its game against one of these Ivy teams?

In your Massey ratings, where Monmouth is #63, a team that Delaware played, Albany, is #78. How did Delaware do against Albany?

by the way, you do understand that the Massey FCS Composite is the topic of this thread and Monmouth is #44 on this "on topic" ratings (and Albany is #87), don't you?

Monmouth was dominated. How did those Ivies do in all of their other games against top 15 Massey Composite opponents like Delaware has played?

And yes, that's why I clarified that I was using the regular Massey #'s as I find it much easier to find information in there. The difference doesn't really change much. Princeton and Dartmouth have looked impressive versus weak schedules and are still a relative unknown compared to teams who have faced FBS opponents and/or multiple top 44 Massey Composite opponents.

MR. CHICKEN
October 29th, 2018, 10:55 AM
....WE DON'T PLAY ALBANY....TIL.....SATURDAY......BRAWK!

World
October 29th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Monmouth was dominated. How did those Ivies do in all of their other games against top 15 Massey Composite opponents like Delaware has played?

And yes, that's why I clarified that I was using the regular Massey #'s as I find it much easier to find information in there. The difference doesn't really change much. Princeton and Dartmouth have looked impressive versus weak schedules and are still a relative unknown compared to teams who have faced FBS opponents and/or multiple top 44 Massey Composite opponents.

but wait, Princeton and Dartmouth have also faced and beat at least 4 teams with better than 44 Massey Composite ratings

Reign of Terrier
October 29th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Wait Monmouth is a big win now?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

World
October 29th, 2018, 11:04 AM
....WE DON'T PLAY ALBANY....TIL.....SATURDAY......BRAWK!

ha!

good point

World
October 29th, 2018, 11:06 AM

excellent points

here is a common opponent

lets see how Princeton and Delaware did against the common opponent:

Delaware - 27
Cornell - 10

Princeton - 66
Cornell - 0

World
October 29th, 2018, 11:10 AM

actually, no one is saying that

Monmouth was brought up by the other guy as an example of the highest ranked non league opponent of Princeton and Dartmouth

Bison56
October 29th, 2018, 11:12 AM

It is for Princeton.

OhioHen
October 29th, 2018, 11:14 AM
composite is a POS

GIGO

GoBlueHens83
October 29th, 2018, 11:23 AM
excellent points

Delaware - 27
Cornell - 10

Princeton - 66
Cornell - 0

You obviously didn't watch that game. Delaware dominated from the start, Cornell's only TD was scored against our 2nd & 3rd string. It's easy to look at a final score and say a game was close, but that isn't the case here.

SochorField
October 29th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Lets drop Princeton / Dartmouth into Bridgeforth, Dykhouse, UNI Dome, Bozeman, Wa-Griz or any lower half FCS for that matter, and see what happens.

Gimme a break.

kalm
October 29th, 2018, 11:34 AM
but wait, Princeton and Dartmouth have also faced and beat at least 4 teams with better than 44 Massey Composite ratings

Good point. I should have drilled down deeper. And you know what else? Yale has a win against Mercer. I haven't looked at every game but I'm guessing that Mercer and Monmouth are the crowning OOC wins for the entire Ivy League. This helps my original arguments.

GoBlueHens83
October 29th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Good point. I should have drilled down deeper. And you know what else? Yale has a win against Mercer. I haven't looked at every game but I'm guessing that Mercer and Monmouth are the crowning OOC wins for the entire Ivy League. This helps my original arguments.

Yale also beat Maine, but Maine was without their starting QB.

Reign of Terrier
October 29th, 2018, 11:41 AM

And there's a very good chance that Mercer finished 4-7. They have a good win against Samford, but that's about it.

dewey
October 29th, 2018, 11:42 AM
excellent points

Delaware - 27
Cornell - 10

Princeton - 66
Cornell - 0

Oh boy the transitive property again. Because that is fool proof.

I will bite and play this game again.
NDSU beat Delaware 38-10
Delaware beat Cornell 27-10
Thus NDSU is only 45 points better than Cornell and since Princeton is 66 points better than Cornell that means...

Princeton is 21 points better than NDSU, right?

LOL!!!

If only there was a way for the Ivy League teams to measure up against other teams (top 25 teams) across the country. Perhaps in some sort of post season tournament that crowns the best team in the nation (in basketball yes but not football as they are too busy). Or if there was a way to play a game before the regular conference season starts.

Dewey

World
October 29th, 2018, 12:07 PM
You obviously didn't watch that game. Delaware dominated from the start, Cornell's only TD was scored against our 2nd & 3rd string. It's easy to look at a final score and say a game was close, but that isn't the case here.

good points

but actually, I never said that the Delaware/Cornell was close

What I am saying is that the Princeton/Cornell game definitely wasn't close, 45-0 at halftime with the main starters pulled soon after the half

this is all I said:

Delaware - 27
Cornell - 10

Princeton - 66
Cornell - 0

World
October 29th, 2018, 12:09 PM

actually, Yale beat Maine

World
October 29th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Oh boy the transitive property again. Because that is fool proof.

I will bite and play this game again.
NDSU beat Delaware 38-10
Delaware beat Cornell 27-10
Thus NDSU is only 45 points better than Cornell and since Princeton is 66 points better than Cornell that means...

Princeton is 21 points better than NDSU, right?

LOL!!!

If only there was a way for the Ivy League teams to measure up against other teams (top 25 teams) across the country. Perhaps in some sort of post season tournament that crowns the best team in the nation (in basketball yes but not football as they are too busy). Or if there was a way to play a game before the regular conference season starts.

Dewey

truly excellent points

but this is all I posted, make your own conclusions

I am not saying that Princeton can beat Delaware

I am not saying that Delaware can beat Princeton

I just posted the scores against a common opponent

excellent points

Delaware - 27
Cornell - 10

Princeton - 66
Cornell - 0

World
October 29th, 2018, 12:18 PM
And there's a very good chance that Mercer finished 4-7. They have a good win against Samford, but that's about it.

When you say "but that's about it", are you forgetting that Yale trounced Maine by 3 TD's?

Reign of Terrier
October 29th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Transitive property doesn't even work with the same teams from season to season (just ask Wofford/Furman, NDSU/SDSU in the last 18 months)

Reign of Terrier
October 29th, 2018, 12:21 PM
When you say "but that's about it", are you forgetting that Yale trounced Maine by 3 TD's?

And they only beat Mercer by 1, when Wofford beat them by 3 after taking the foot off the gas late in third quarter and mercer scored a TD with a second left (aka peak garbage time).

I think Princeton and Dartmouth are top 15 worthy, but we'll never know so zeal one way or another is dumb.

World
October 29th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Transitive property doesn't even work with the same teams from season to season (just ask Wofford/Furman, NDSU/SDSU in the last 18 months)

actually, the topic was simply the Ivy's best non-league wins, brought up by the other poster

and it appears the Yale's trouncing of Maine this year appears to be the one, don't you think?

no more

no less

World
October 29th, 2018, 12:24 PM
And they only beat Mercer by 1, when Wofford beat them by 3 after taking the foot off the gas late in third quarter and mercer scored a TD with a second left (aka peak garbage time).

I think Princeton and Dartmouth are top 15 worthy, but we'll never know so zeal one way or another is dumb.

Yes, very unfortunate

still don't understand why the Ivy League Presidents are not pursuing the playoffs thingy

SochorField
October 29th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Yes, very unfortunate

still don't understand why the Ivy League Presidents are not pursuing the playoffs thingy

I don't know the history of the issue, but they don't want to be seen as "focusing too much" on football?

kalm
October 29th, 2018, 12:30 PM
actually, the topic was simply the Ivy's best non-league wins, brought up by the other poster

and it appears the Yale's trouncing of Maine this year appears to be the one, don't you think?

no more

no less

****. I forgot about Yale. If we keep digging up decent wins like this I might have to actually reassess my views for the Ivy. xlolx

World
October 29th, 2018, 12:38 PM
I don't know the history of the issue, but they don't want to be seen as "focusing too much" on football?

some people here might know more about it than me, but might have something to do with the extended weeks playing getting in the way of academics, which is odd because all other sports allow playoff participation

McNeese72
October 29th, 2018, 04:03 PM
LOL at Nicholls and UCA in the composite poll.

Doc