PDA

View Full Version : KSU Attempting to lure College Gameday to match up with JSU at SunTrust Park

ksu_owls
October 25th, 2018, 05:39 PM
I doubt College Gameday will pay any attention to a school that averages 5k in attendance, but the game is being played as the first ever football game at the home of the Atlanta Braves, SunTrust Park. There really aren't any amazing FBS match ups that day. If we end up not getting Gameday I blame JSU for having a sucky season. Who knows.... it could happen?

check out the video they are pushing trying to persuade Gameday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AHtljRoQa8&feature=youtu.be

woffordgrad94
October 25th, 2018, 05:55 PM
As good as FCS matchup as any...

JSUSoutherner
October 25th, 2018, 05:58 PM
I doubt College Gameday will pay any attention to a school that averages 5k in attendance, but the game is being played as the first ever football game at the home of the Atlanta Braves, SunTrust Park. There really aren't any amazing FBS match ups that day. If we end up not getting Gameday I blame JSU for having a sucky season. Who knows.... it could happen?

check out the video they are pushing trying to persuade Gameday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AHtljRoQa8&feature=youtu.be
They don't care about our season. It would be a playoff rematch between two ranked teams. They would care more about your attendance. I don't think they'll take into account the fact that 75%+ fans in that stadium will be ours.

Lorne_Malvo
October 25th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Video was almost as cringe-worthy as hot hot hot.

POD Knows
October 25th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Video was almost as cringe-worthy as hot hot hot.I actually thought the video was pretty good, could have used a little more cleavage but it was decent.

woffordgrad94
October 25th, 2018, 06:06 PM
mmmm cleavage...I love boobs.

ksu_owls
October 25th, 2018, 06:12 PM
They don't care about our season. It would be a playoff rematch between two ranked teams. They would care more about your attendance. I don't think they'll take into account the fact that 75%+ fans in that stadium will be ours.

I hope y'all bring some fans lol. The few hundred we had at your field for the playoffs were twice as loud as the home fans... of course we actually had something to cheer for. Optimistically I think you'll see 15k+ KSU fans at the game due to the location. Many of our fans go to 1 or 2 games a year because who wants to watch us win by 50 points against a team no one in SEC country has ever heard of when you're only 20 minutes from Atlanta and all the entertainment that it offers. Even half of our students have never heard of JSU (that's on us... every KSU student should know who y'all are because we've played a playoff game against you) mainly because they've never been to a game. The Battery and SunTrust Park is exactly what we need to get many of our students to their first ever KSU game. I just hope we put on a good show for them.

rtzlunar
October 25th, 2018, 10:58 PM
mmmm cleavage...I love boobs.

Have to root for KSU. Boobs > Cocks

katss07
October 26th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Sorry guys, this is outlandish. Gameday would not likely go to an FCS game outside of Yale/Harvard, an NDSU game or a JMU game. Gameday is ran by ESPN. The corporation that they are, Gameday will likely please the masses and go to an FBS game. Outside of FCS fans, who gives a **** about Jax St or KSU? Hell, JSU sucks so not even many FCS fans care as much as they might have if the Cocks were good.

They’ll go to Utah vs Colorado or something. Sorry to burst your bubble. Lets keep it real.

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2018, 12:28 AM
Sorry guys, this is outlandish. Gameday would not likely go to an FCS game outside of Yale/Harvard, an NDSU game or a JMU game. Gameday is ran by ESPN. The corporation that they are, Gameday will likely please the masses and go to an FBS game. Outside of FCS fans, who gives a **** about Jax St or KSU? Hell, JSU sucks so not even many FCS fans care as much as they might have if the Cocks were good.

They’ll go to Utah vs Colorado or something. Sorry to burst your bubble. Lets keep it real.

ESPN obviously thinks JSU is marketable. We've been on ESPN in Primetime the past two years.

They always do a FCS Gameday. Seems as good a matchup as any.

TheKingpin28
October 26th, 2018, 02:45 AM
ESPN obviously thinks JSU is marketable. We've been on ESPN in Primetime the past two years.

They always do a FCS Gameday. Seems as good a matchup as any.If they wanted to do one, they would have done The Marker game, which ended up being one of the better games in the rivalry.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

UNHWildcat18
October 26th, 2018, 05:34 AM

this...this guy right here, he gets it

UNHWildcat18
October 26th, 2018, 05:35 AM
I really wish UNH had pushed for a similar effort when we hosted maine last year in august, the crowd size and durhams campus is perfect for GameDay.

FUBeAR
October 26th, 2018, 05:54 AM
You know they run the option there when the coeds demonstrate the kind of pitch technique she did at the end - eyes on target, push arm away from body, thumb down follow-thru. Would have liked to see her sink her hips a bit more to absorb an expected blow & maybe more body lean into the target, but overall, I give it a B+.

I won’t say who, but I recently witnessed a QB from an Option Team pitch the ball with his left hand on an option to the right. Maybe they need to add her to their Coaching Staff. Gotta be able to make an accurate pitch with either hand.

Professor Chaos
October 26th, 2018, 06:24 AM
It's not that crazy if you look at the FBS slate that weekend. No current top 25 matchups. A lot can change between now and then with games like Clemson/Duke, UCF/Cincinnati, Utah/Colorado, or Syracuse/Notre Dame.

From what I understood they were a Penn St or Ohio St loss in week 4 from coming back to Fargo for NDSU/SDSU so the smaller schools are still on their radar. I don't think the matchup has much to do with it but it can't hurt. Hopefully they give it some consideration.

WestCoastAggie
October 26th, 2018, 06:48 AM
If A&T didn’t wet the bed this year, our homecoming next weekend would’ve been perfect for Gameday.

Dukie95
October 26th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Where would they setup the set? On campus or at SunTrust? No one will be there for the Thursday arrival or Friday segments if at SunTrust, and no one will be there Saturday if on campus.

Reign of Terrier
October 26th, 2018, 08:49 AM
The fact that this has 72 views and I am one of them and Kennesaw State has the largest undergrad population in Georgia tells me this isn't going to work.

ksu_owls
October 26th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Where would they setup the set? On campus or at SunTrust? No one will be there for the Thursday arrival or Friday segments if at SunTrust, and no one will be there Saturday if on campus.

I understand many of you may not be familiar with the new Braves stadium. You walk through the Battery to get inside of the stadium, it is a year round entertainment complex with shops/restaurants/and bars. Literally thousands of people frequent the Battery daily without a sporting event. They have multiple stages and artificial grass for outdoor concerts or a mega stage for College Gameday. With nearly 6 million people in the Atlanta area, there will be thousands in attendance just to be part of Gameday even if the stadium is half empty (or half full ;) ).

I watch College Gameday every week and once it's finished I watch the games that I want to watch. If they were to choose this game because of the novelty around it being the first ever football game at SunTrust Park, it would be an amazing atmosphere because you are in Atlanta not because it's KSU/JSU. I think it actually makes sense and would be great for FCS.

ksu_owls
October 26th, 2018, 09:07 AM

There are 7.5 times more people within a 20 minute drive of SunTrust Park than there are people who live in the entire state of North Dakota. The SEC fans would outnumber the KSU/JSU fans 5:1 but it would be one helluva atmosphere. Given the games that are slated for that week, there wouldn't be a better "location" (plenty of better games) than SunTrust Park. I think we are keeping it real.

ksu_owls
October 26th, 2018, 09:12 AM
The fact that this has 72 views and I am one of them and Kennesaw State has the largest undergrad population in Georgia tells me this isn't going to work.

15k so far between twitter/instagram.

WileECoyote06
October 26th, 2018, 09:16 AM
If A&T didn’t wet the bed this year, our homecoming next weekend would’ve been perfect for Gameday.

I agree. Yall seem to be an ESPN darling school; Stephen A. Smith notwithstanding. lol

Woulda been a nice view in front of the new student union.

Professor
October 26th, 2018, 09:24 AM

Gameday is also at the Celebration Bowl every year

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2018, 11:36 AM
If they wanted to do one, they would have done The Marker game, which ended up being one of the better games in the rivalry.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

You guys were competing with Ohio State vs. TCU in Dallas. It's not that wild they would chose that over Fargo.

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Set up in the quad at Kennesaw for Thursday and Friday. KSUs campus is literally only two exits down 75 from Suntrust. If they wanted the could move the stage Friday night to the Battery at SunTrust. Easy.

WestCoastAggie
October 26th, 2018, 11:53 AM
I agree. Yall seem to be an ESPN darling school; Stephen A. Smith notwithstanding. lol

So many Aggies in Bristol is a reason for that, IMHO.

Reign of Terrier
October 26th, 2018, 12:00 PM
I would love gameday to go anywhere but Fargo or Harrisonburg. I like FCS football, but the novel things done with it (Gameday) aren't so novel thanks to the monotony of recent years.

Professor Chaos
October 26th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Gameday is also at the Celebration Bowl every year
Uhhhh…. what?

Gameday doesn't do shows between the Army/Navy game and the CFP semis.

ksu_owls
October 26th, 2018, 12:22 PM
I would love gameday to go anywhere but Fargo or Harrisonburg. I like FCS football, but the novel things done with it (Gameday) aren't so novel thanks to the monotony of recent years.

I think the biggest thing that would keep them from coming is the SEC Championship being played in Atlanta just a few weeks later. Different teams and stadium, but I don't remember them doubling up on cities and they would hate to burn ATL off of their list for an FCS game. Although, they should come to Atlanta at least once a year.... home of the College Football Hall of Fame, Ludacris, highly ranked strip clubs.... and other reasons I'm sure...

WestCoastAggie
October 26th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Uhhhh…. what?

Gameday doesn't do shows between the Army/Navy game and the CFP semis.

I think he meant SportsCenter doing a live remote, but I don't remember them being there last December.

WestCoastAggie
October 26th, 2018, 12:32 PM

We gotta have Gameday show up when Tarik Cohen is on a Bye Week. We could've had Terrence J as our guest picker but he's got that DUI thing going and Jesse Jackson could be getting up there in age now.

dmksioux
October 26th, 2018, 12:47 PM

Agreed, but for this game, may be more appropriate to say to say: Hooters > Cocks xsmiley_wix

WileECoyote06
October 26th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Couple of Eagles up there too. On the production side. Levelle seems to get all of the attention though

ksu_owls
October 26th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Agreed, but for this game, may be more appropriate to say to say: Hooters > Cocks xsmiley_wix

That genius! I'm going to put that on my College Gameday sign lol

Milktruck74
October 26th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Video was almost as cringe-worthy as hot hot hot.

Seriously? nothing tops Hot hot hot....that chick was Hot hot hot.....

POD Knows
October 26th, 2018, 03:47 PM
That genius! I'm going to put that on my College Gameday sign lolThat isn't genius, I called for more cleavage in my post regarding this video and it was a direct play on the Owls name and I am actually shocked that a UND guy broke the code. BTW, I own the rights to this through various but yet untested trade mark precedent, so proceed accordingly. Check out my signature, you don't want any part of that.

ksu_owls
October 26th, 2018, 03:58 PM
That isn't genius, I called for more cleavage in my post regarding this video and it was a direct play on the Owls name and I am actually shocked that a UND guy broke the code. BTW, I own the rights to this through various but yet untested trade mark precedent, so proceed accordingly. Check out my signature, you don't want any part of that.

POD Knows, when Gameday selects the KSU/JSU game I would like to use your intellectual property to make a sign and I will even cite you as my source. Deal?

POD Knows
October 26th, 2018, 04:02 PM
POD Knows, when Gameday selects the KSU/JSU game I would like to use your intellectual property to make a sign and I will even cite you as my source. Deal?YES, all you got to do is put an asterisk by the quote and put my handle there, it letters big enough to see, at the bottom of the sign. Consider this my temporary release for usage although I may need to approve the signage verbiage in advance. Actually #PODKnows would be good.

Derby City Duke
October 26th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Set up in the quad at Kennesaw for Thursday and Friday. KSUs campus is literally only two exits down 75 from Suntrust. If they wanted the could move the stage Friday night to the Battery at SunTrust. Easy.

Considering that the production trucks roll in on Monday morning and it's a full 3+ day set-up for the Friday show, it's anything but 'easy' to move the stage overnight for a 9 a.m. go time -- essentially a complete move/reset in under 15 hours (8 a.m., giving them an hour of wiggle room).

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Considering that the production trucks roll in on Monday morning and it's a full 3+ day set-up for the Friday show, it's anything but 'easy' to move the stage overnight for a 9 a.m. go time -- essentially a complete move/reset in under 15 hours (8 a.m., giving them an hour of wiggle room).

Set it up in the Battery and leave it then. Have KSU run shuttles to the stadium starting Thursday for the filmings. Easy.

dgtw
October 26th, 2018, 08:35 PM
You might get a crowd in Atlanta to just hang out at the Game Day set even if they have no connection to either school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksu_owls
October 27th, 2018, 10:26 AM
I’ll probably stop talking about this eventually, but an additional reason this makes sense: the Home Depot HQ is less than 2 miles from the stadium.

I’ve fully convinced myself that this should happen.

JSUSoutherner
October 31st, 2018, 01:18 PM
Saturday Down South: WATCH: FCS school makes interesting pitch to bring College GameDay to site of game.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/watch-fcs-school-makes-interesting-pitch-to-bring-college-gameday-to-site-of-game/

ksu_owls
October 31st, 2018, 02:28 PM
Saturday Down South: WATCH: FCS school makes interesting pitch to bring College GameDay to site of game.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/watch-fcs-school-makes-interesting-pitch-to-bring-college-gameday-to-site-of-game/

"This seems like a great week for GameDay to go to an unconventional location, which they’ve done at least once per season in recent years. Jacksonville State vs. Kennesaw State from the Atlanta Braves’ SunTrust Park could be an option; GameDay has done an FCS game in four of the last five years."

Thank you, Sports Illustrated, for acknowledging that we aren't stupid for thinking this is a possibility. "let's keep it real, guys" lol

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/10/17/espn-college-gameday-2018-schedule-predictions

ksu_owls
November 5th, 2018, 08:43 PM
This might be the dumbest video I’ve ever seen.

https://twitter.com/etsuathletics/status/1059538932629684224?s=21

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2018, 08:54 PM
This might be the dumbest video I’ve ever seen.

https://twitter.com/etsuathletics/status/1059538932629684224?s=21Dude, have you seen ETSU Twitter?

Let's just say they have a strong sense of self worth

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FUGameBreaker
November 5th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Ill just say hats off to both KSU and ETSU for making a pitch, and both will be good games

With that said Iam almost certain gameday will be going to undefeated UCF that weekend

Lehigh Football Nation
November 5th, 2018, 10:23 PM
"Come closer to the van... I have candy!" - KSU to Gameday

jsualumnus
November 5th, 2018, 11:26 PM
So damn funny... Game is going to be broadcasted on Fox Sports Southeast. No chance this happens... A tale of two teams who haven’t played **** all year. Yeah, we broadcastin from yo crib, err, not yo crib...