PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern President Named to NCAA BOD for D-I

EagleCrusade
July 28th, 2005, 02:37 PM
http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3653244&nav=0qq9cgsx

Statesboro - Georgia Southern University President Bruce Grube has been appointed to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Board of Directors.

Grube will represent the Southern Conference (SoCon) on the board, which is charged with approving all legislation for the 326 institutions that compete at the highest level of the NCAA.

This is the first time that the SoCon has had a seat on the 18-member board. Grube was chosen to represent the conference by a unanimous vote of the chief executive officers of the SoCon institutions......

Comprised of chief executive officers of institutions that are members of the NCAA, the Division I Board of Directors was established in 1997. Prior to the creation of the board, Division I used the "one-school, one-vote" principle for approving legislation.....

In the present system, Division I utilizes a committee structure that includes cabinets responsible for academic affairs, eligibility and compliance, and championships and competition. All cabinets report to the Management Council, which is turn reports to the Board of Directors. Each of the 11 Division I-A conferences has a permanent seat on the Board of Directors. The other seven seats on the board are rotated among the 21 Division I-AA and I-AAA conferences.....

Retro
July 28th, 2005, 03:15 PM
I don't know much about your A.D. but i think it is a benefit to have someone from a prominent I-AA conference on the board with the others.

DemiGS
July 28th, 2005, 10:06 PM
I don't know much about your A.D. but i think it is a benefit to have someone from a prominent I-AA conference on the board with the others.
Bruce Grube is actually the President of the University, not the A.D. And I may add in my opinion, an excellent leader at that. I experienced the changes Grube brought to GSU as well as his predecessor. I must say GSU is hugely different (for the better) then it was in '97.

chattanoogamocs
July 28th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Each of the 11 Division I-A conferences has a permanent seat on the Board of Directors. The other seven seats on the board are rotated among the 21 Division I-AA and I-AAA conferences

aaaah....IA conferences with a perpetual voting majority over IAA schools....that sounds fair :bang:

Here's to Grube pissing off some BCS members!!!! Go be a thorn! ;)

EagleCrusade
July 29th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Each of the 11 Division I-A conferences has a permanent seat on the Board of Directors. The other seven seats on the board are rotated among the 21 Division I-AA and I-AAA conferences

aaaah....IA conferences with a perpetual voting majority over IAA schools....that sounds fair :bang:

Here's to Grube pissing off some BCS members!!!! Go be a thorn! ;)

I have complete confidence that he will do all he can do further the Southern Conference.