PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 8

superman7515
October 21st, 2018, 01:10 AM
Sorry for the delay guys, had a wedding today/tonight, so I've been away the last couple of days and we're coming to you live tonight from the beautiful Pocono Mountains in PA. Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, so I'll try to get the Sagarin/Massey numbers updated before we head out if I'm able to, but if not they could be delayed tomorrow as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lDkJy6EY0ZviT6wyWq6mQaicPU-8zOhA3XJ07LX65Hw/edit?usp=sharing

BisonTru
October 21st, 2018, 01:27 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/R2HXwaQ26bCHS/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bcc1c177645695a326d1c7c

wmmii
October 21st, 2018, 06:21 AM
You are great and thanks for all you efforts-this is the first place I go before voting and the source for all knowledge!

JMUNJ08
October 21st, 2018, 09:15 AM
I have never taken so long on a ballot. The Google form controls work though as I was not allowed to submit only 18 teams...

IBleedYellow
October 21st, 2018, 09:44 AM
Bye bye bye Rabbits.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Cocky
October 21st, 2018, 09:57 AM
SDSU has made all of the board experts look bad. They are not in a separate group with NDSU and JMU.

SU DOG
October 21st, 2018, 10:07 AM
And we all are forced to plunge JSU WAY down. I actually had them at #5 on last weeks ballot, but yesterday SEMO totally dominated the Gamecocks. I don't now know where they belong. xconfusedx They aren't the only ones, however, as this week I hate to even try to fill out a ballot.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 10:18 AM
SDSU has made all of the board experts look bad. They are not in a separate group with NDSU and JMU.

While this may be correct, losing Wallace for the season was a YUGE loss. They lost 33% of their ground game by him going down. I am not excusing that they got manhandled by UNI, but when you lose 1/3 of your ground game, that becomes noticeable.

WestCoastAggie
October 21st, 2018, 10:35 AM
Tough week. So many teams have joined A&T on the couch.

RabidRabbit
October 21st, 2018, 10:51 AM
While this may be correct, losing Wallace for the season was a YUGE loss. They lost 33% of their ground game by him going down. I am not excusing that they got manhandled by UNI, but when you lose 1/3 of your ground game, that becomes noticeable.

Not only was Wallace lost for the season, but the Jacks RFR RB star, who came in after Wallace went down against YSU and had a 100+ running against YSU, was also not available for UNI. Left Jacks with two short yardage pounders, and no slasher. That and a 3rds and 4th string O front line made for a tough day on the Jacks offensively.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 10:55 AM
Not only was Wallace lost for the season, but the Jacks RFR RB star, who came in after Wallace went down against YSU and had a 100+ running against YSU, was also not available for UNI. Left Jacks with two short yardage pounders, and no slasher. That and a 3rds and 4th string O front line made for a tough day on the Jacks offensively.

I could have included him, but I figured losing Wallace would be enough to at least have people pump the breaks. Don't get me wrong, anyone who puts them in the T10 has some explaining to do, but I still believe they should be in the T20.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:02 AM
Bye bye bye Rabbits.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkReally,

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:06 AM
SDSU has made all of the board experts look bad. They are not in a separate group with NDSU and JMU.That was a one score game, with SDSU with the ball at the end and UNI got a late pick 6, this game wasn't a blow out by any means. The score looks lopsided but the game wasn't.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:07 AM
While this may be correct, losing Wallace for the season was a YUGE loss. They lost 33% of their ground game by him going down. I am not excusing that they got manhandled by UNI, but when you lose 1/3 of your ground game, that becomes noticeable.They didn't get manhandled, look at the stats and watch the game.

RabidRabbit
October 21st, 2018, 11:13 AM
Granted Rabbits will drop, but where are they vs Redbirds? After getting totally dominated for 3 quarters, NDSU let up some on D, and ISUr got two TDs on time consuming drives. NDSU even victory formation for 1:30 inside 10, otherwise score would have been 35-14. We'll know more next week when Redbirds host Rabbits. Also, is it time to move UNI ahead of Rabbits? Or is that still a couple of weeks away?

Moving up in my polls are the Aggies, UC-Davis edition, Towson, and Weber St. Plenty moving down. SDSU, IL St, McNeese, Jax St, Maine. Do you move teams up or down based on bye weeks?

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 11:14 AM
They didn't get manhandled, look at the stats and watch the game.

I did watch the game and I did see the pick six at the end makes it look lopsided, but when you hold SDSU to 9 points when they had been averaging 48.4 heading into that game, you could say they manhandled them. Hell, Ferch was around every play it damn near seemed like in the entire 4th Q. Sander had an important INT in the Red Zone. Also, having Chase miss a FG did not help them.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:22 AM
I did watch the game and I did see the pick six at the end makes it look lopsided, but when you hold SDSU to 9 points when they had been averaging 48.4 heading into that game, you could say they manhandled them. Hell, Ferch was around every play it damn near seemed like in the entire 4th Q. Sander had an important INT in the Red Zone. Also, having Chase miss a FG did not help them.If SDSU is so freaking bad, then why do we struggle with them, if they showed up in the dome next weekend it would probably still be a one possession game. There is something eerily weird about that team, when I watch them play against other opponents, their D looks like they are moving in slow motion. SDSU is really banged up and I have no problem seeing them driving off a cliff for the balance of year. I kept them in my top 15 but I think they are going to have a tough road ahead. I could see ISUr dropping a bunch on them but if they get by that game, they will be 8-2, maybe.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 11:26 AM
If SDSU is so freaking bad, then why do we struggle with them, if they showed up in the dome next weekend it would probably still be a one possession game. There is something eerily weird about that team, when I watch them play against other opponents, their D looks like they are moving in slow motion. SDSU is really banged up and I have no problem seeing them driving off a cliff for the balance of year. I kept them in my top 15 but I think they are going to have a tough road ahead. I could see ISUr dropping a bunch on them but if they get by that game, they will be 8-2, maybe.

I had them in my T15 as well, as they were one of the 5 in my group I was not thrilled about, but other teams suck so bad, that they get to stay up.

The reason NDSU struggles against SDSU is that Stig sells out for the regular season Marker and has nothing in the back pocket for the playoffs.

SochorField
October 21st, 2018, 11:33 AM
Towson and Davis Coaches Poll rankings look weird.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:35 AM
I had them in my T15 as well, as they were one of the 5 in my group I was not thrilled about, but other teams suck so bad, that they get to stay up.

The reason NDSU struggles against SDSU is that Stig sells out for the regular season Marker and has nothing in the back pocket for the playoffs.We almost lost to those guys in the playoffs at the dome in 2014.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 11:42 AM
We almost lost to those guys in the playoffs at the dome in 2014.

Austin Sumner, Zach Zenner, Jake Wieneke, Jason Schneider, etc...

That was a hell of a team and NDSU got lucky with RJ at the end.

jmu007
October 21st, 2018, 12:29 PM
Granted Rabbits will drop, but where are they vs Redbirds? After getting totally dominated for 3 quarters, NDSU let up some on D, and ISUr got two TDs on time consuming drives. NDSU even victory formation for 1:30 inside 10, otherwise score would have been 35-14. We'll know more next week when Redbirds host Rabbits. Also, is it time to move UNI ahead of Rabbits? Or is that still a couple of weeks away?

Moving up in my polls are the Aggies, UC-Davis edition, Towson, and Weber St. Plenty moving down. SDSU, IL St, McNeese, Jax St, Maine. Do you move teams up or down based on bye weeks?

I felt SDSU deserved to stay above Illinois St when I did my poll this morning. Lot of games left to be played for things to sort out. I'm hopeful the CAA race will start to sort out this coming week too. This felt like another week of darts from 3 - 25 for me.

jmu007
October 21st, 2018, 12:33 PM
If SDSU is so freaking bad, then why do we struggle with them, if they showed up in the dome next weekend it would probably still be a one possession game. There is something eerily weird about that team, when I watch them play against other opponents, their D looks like they are moving in slow motion.

Maybe SDSU just knows how to play NDSU? I go into the JMU vs Richmond every single year expecting a 1 score game too. Doesn't seem to matter what either time is doing (normally...)

geaux_sioux
October 21st, 2018, 12:42 PM
The real question is, does UND hold at #26 after last night?

World
October 21st, 2018, 12:45 PM
So net net

How does one rank #2 SDSU versus the team that beat them handily, #23 Northern Iowa?

clenz

You might wanna look at the game and not the stats

80% of SDSUs yards came on the last 3 drives of the game when UNI went prevent. UNI handled the LOS all day long on both sides. TC was running for his life and the UNI defense was missing 2 starting LB all game and starting a WR at safety.

UNI was averaging less than 3 yards per carry in the season. Outside scrambles by Eli UNI was near 6 YPC yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
The real question is, does UND hold at #26 after last night?

I had you at 15 last week and I guess others might start catching up that you should be above 20 but below 10.

WileECoyote06
October 21st, 2018, 01:54 PM
So net net

How does one rank #2 SDSU versus the team that beat them handily, #23 Northern Iowa?

You move UNI up some, and SDSU down some. SDSU doesn't necessarily have to be ranked lower than UNI. We're in week 8.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 02:14 PM
You move UNI up some, and SDSU down some. SDSU doesn't necessarily have to be ranked lower than UNI. We're in week 8.

You're not being serious?

SDSU: @Montana St
UNI: SDSU

UNI has the H-H and they also beat ISUb 33-0 vs SDSU beating ISUb 54-51 in OT

WileECoyote06
October 21st, 2018, 03:00 PM
You're not being serious?

SDSU: @Montana St
UNI: SDSU

UNI has the H-H and they also beat ISUb 33-0 vs SDSU beating ISUb 54-51 in OT

1) Football transitivity is not a thing. Especially when it comes to conference games.
2) UNI won head-to-head, but it was a home game for them. Winning on the road in conference is usually difficult.

Penalizing a team ten or more spots for losing a conference game to a ranked team on the road is harsh. Especially when it wasn't what I'd call a blowout.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 03:12 PM
1) Football transitivity is not a thing. Especially when it comes to conference games.
2) UNI won head-to-head, but it was a home game for them. Winning on the road in conference is usually difficult.

Penalizing a team ten or more spots for losing a conference game to a ranked team on the road is harsh. Especially when it wasn't what I'd call a blowout.

As I said earlier, they completely dominated SDSU in all facets of the game which needs to be noted. If you would have watched ISUb vs SDSU, you would have realized ISUb was the better team and they **** the bed in game management. The transitive property TOTALLY works here. Anyone who puts UNI below SDSU has some explaining to do.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 03:15 PM
The real question is, does UND hold at #26 after last night?I got them in my top 20, mostly as a ploy to set them up for the 40 point beat down by Davis

clenz
October 21st, 2018, 03:54 PM

UNI completely controlled SDSU

SDSU give up 51 in regulation to Indiana State and needed a last second field goal to force OT in a 3 point OT in in Brookings, SD. SDSU gave up 570 yards to Indiana State and were out-gained.

UNI went to Indiana State, flying on to Terre Haute mid day on Thursday, after playing a night game 4 days prior, with ISU coming off a bye week leading into it. UNI won 33-0 and called the dogs off in the third. UNI gave up less than 300 total yards against Indiana State and put up 500.

Transitive property isn’t perfect but you can’t ignore it in cases like this.

The performances against NDSU is also similar. Yes UNIs defense quit in the 4th but that game is a prime example of a score not reflecting the game.

whoanellie
October 21st, 2018, 03:56 PM
Why not take the CAA trifecta of Towson, Elon & Stoneybrook 7-8-9 ?

clenz
October 21st, 2018, 04:03 PM
That was a one score game, with SDSU with the ball at the end and UNI got a late pick 6, this game wasn't a blow out by any means. The score looks lopsided but the game wasn't.

Remember when UNI beat NDSU 16-9 in 2010? NDSU had the ball with a chance to tie late but UNI held NDSU to negative 40 yards rushing, held NDSU to 3 yards per play on offense and out-gained NDSU by over 240 yards

UNI lost a fumble out of the back of the end zone going in for a TD, lost one fumble right at the 2 yard line going in for a score, got inside NDSUs 15 4 other times and came away with 3 FG and - missed FG, missed a FG from the 21 yard line, plus one other TO.

That game played like it was a 45-6, if not worse than that.

Scores don’t always reflect the game.

kalm
October 21st, 2018, 04:03 PM
Outside of Montana State who was without they’re starting QB, who have the Jack’s beat? If they had played and lost to IowaSU and were 4-3 they’d barely be in most people’s polls.

Daytripper
October 21st, 2018, 04:04 PM
I felt SDSU deserved to stay above Illinois St when I did my poll this morning. Lot of games left to be played for things to sort out. I'm hopeful the CAA race will start to sort out this coming week too. This felt like another week of darts from 3 - 25 for me.

I kept SDSU ahead of ISUr in my poll, as well.

SDFS
October 21st, 2018, 04:22 PM
UNI completely controlled SDSU

SDSU give up 51 in regulation to Indiana State and needed a last second field goal to force OT in a 3 point OT in in Brookings, SD. SDSU gave up 570 yards to Indiana State and were out-gained.

UNI went to Indiana State, flying on to Terre Haute mid day on Thursday, after playing a night game 4 days prior, with ISU coming off a bye week leading into it. UNI won 33-0 and called the dogs off in the third. UNI gave up less than 300 total yards against Indiana State and put up 500.

Transitive property isn’t perfect but you can’t ignore it in cases like this.

The performances against NDSU is also similar. Yes UNIs defense quit in the 4th but that game is a prime example of a score not reflecting the game.

Are you saying SDSU is overrated?

clenz
October 21st, 2018, 04:39 PM
Are you saying SDSU is overrated?

At number 2? Sure.

Cocky
October 21st, 2018, 04:40 PM

Everyone has injuries. JSU loss 3 of 5 OL yesterday and we got beat. JSU is out of my poll. Real top level teams have the next guy up.

kalm
October 21st, 2018, 04:45 PM
Everyone has injuries. JSU loss 3 of 5 OL yesterday and we got beat. JSU is out of my poll. Real top level teams have the next guy up.

Yep. At Weber, EWU was down Gubrud, 3 tackles, both safeties missed action as did Kupp, and the 5th leading rusher in FCS at the time, McPherson was held to 3 rushes due to injury.

Everybody hurts...take comfort in your friends...

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 04:53 PM

No one would argue with this, but you do not just replace 1/3 of the game overnight. SDSU still deserves to be rated in the T15/20, but another bitch slap like that, and they are gone. The difference with SDSU and JSU is that SDSU can redeem themselves next week against ISUr whereas JSU has to wait until KSU to most likely jump back up into the T15/20. Should they lose to ISUr, they would most likely go 7-3 with no solid wins (Montana St is meh), and they would likely get funneled to UND should both hit 7 with them both funneling back to NDSU. I will never root for the school to the north, but damnit, I would love for SDSU to get put on the other side of the bracket.

Since 2012, SDSU has been either funneled to or in the same "pod" as NDSU in the following years: 2012, 2014, 2015 (would have came had they beat Montana), and 2016. In 13 and 17 they were on opposite sides and it was a sight of relief.

Cocky
October 21st, 2018, 04:55 PM
JSU will get mule killed by KSU. But we will still have a good shot at a top 4 seed!!!

Bison56
October 21st, 2018, 05:28 PM
JSU will get mule killed by KSU. But we will still have a good shot at a top 4 seed!!!

They beat KSU they should get the 1 or 2 seed.

Daytripper
October 21st, 2018, 05:29 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/DeJ2ifS2V2zlu/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bccfd4a695372776f530875

CommishBigSmooth
October 21st, 2018, 08:47 PM
You might wanna look at the game and not the stats

80% of SDSUs yards came on the last 3 drives of the game when UNI went prevent. UNI handled the LOS all day long on both sides. TC was running for his life and the UNI defense was missing 2 starting LB all game and starting a WR at safety.

UNI was averaging less than 3 yards per carry in the season. Outside scrambles by Eli UNI was near 6 YPC yesterday.

I'm afraid that doesn't make any sense.
According to UNI's own stats, SDSU gained 376 yards in the game.
80% of that is 301 yards (rounding up).
You can argue about whatever constitutes a "drive", but any way you slice it there's no way that math works when you look at the play by play.

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 08:54 PM
They beat KSU they should get the 1 or 2 seed.

Hell if we beat KSU just cancel the playoffs and put our trophy in the mail.

BisonTru
October 21st, 2018, 08:58 PM
This week got pretty tough once I hit 21. I had teams slip into my poll just because they had a bye and didn't lose.

clenz
October 21st, 2018, 09:16 PM
I'm afraid that doesn't make any sense.
According to UNI's own stats, SDSU gained 376 yards in the game.
80% of that is 301 yards (rounding up).
You can argue about whatever constitutes a "drive", but any way you slice it there's no way that math works when you look at the play by play.

Sure. On the strictest of guidelines of internet message board lingo you got me.

They only had 181 of their 376 yards in the 4th quarter.

I’m sorry I’m the first person in the history of the internet to exaggerate.

They only got 50% of their yards in 4 4th quarter possessions - and on just 25 of their 70 plays - and 66% of their points

In which if you’d look at my (or any UNI fan social media) and Panther Nation you’ll see came as the result of the traditional 4th quarter have a lead prevent defense.

So again 66% of their points and 50% of their yards on 35% of their teams plays in less than 25% of the game.

Hell, let’s go a step further and show just how much more of the game SDSU really struggled

Let’s add the first two drives of the game - so 35% of their total drives. The first two drives in which UNI was breaking in 3 new starters in defense.

In those 6 drives SDSU had 285 of their 376 yards. So they had 77% of their total yards in roughly 35% of their drives.

So SDSU took advantage of a defense unsure of what was going to come at them to start a game and then a defense in full prevent mode

When the game was settled and taking place “as normal” SDSU had less than 100 yards of offense

cx500d
October 21st, 2018, 09:22 PM
So SDSU took advantage of a defense unsure of what was going to come at them to start a game and then a defense in full prevent mode

When the game was settled and taking place “as normal” SDSU had less than 100 yards of offense

OK, I think I see what you are saying...Other than all the plays that SDSU got most of their yards, UNI held them to less than 100 yds offense. That sounds like a Maddenism

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2018, 09:29 PM
OK, I think I see what you are saying...Other than all the plays that SDSU got most of their yards, UNI held them to less than 100 yds offense. That sounds like a MaddenismNerds call that a tautology but let's leave the learnin' words off of here.

FWIW, I think yardage isn't always the best measurement for how good a team is doing. Completion percentage and third down conversion % are probably a better proxy for execution, which is (in my opinion) a better indicator for how good a team is doing when the two teams that are playing are good.

Put another way, good teams are going to get their yards. But the great teams execute when they need to. Not all good teams are great, because they don't execute when the chips are down.

I'd call this the Chris Hatcher Problem (so many pass yards, so little execution) but Samford fans think I'm irrationally critical of them so I won't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SU DOG
October 21st, 2018, 10:31 PM
You DID - You ARE.

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2018, 10:46 PM
Never thought I’d see the day.....

The reason NDSU struggles against SDSU is that Stig sells out for the regular season Marker and has nothing in the back pocket for the playoffs.
You seriously call this years Marker Game selling out for the regular season? Any other good ol ndsu fans catch phrases.

I get a kick out of one thing though. SDSU wasn’t “manhandled” the whole ****ing game. Our offense was. Our defense gave up 14 points until UNI got the ball at midfield after a massively bad decision to make an early onside kick. Then we gave up a pick six very late. That game wasn’t getting man handled. It was an extremely tight game throughout until the end. An 8 point game that easily could have been tied had our TE caught the damn ball behind their secondary. Ended up kicking a field goal and going for the onside kick. The rest is history. UNI deserves to win but anybody pretending we got run out of the building has an agenda.

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2018, 10:52 PM
For those who are wondering. SDSU out-gained UNI and basically split TOP despite SDSU gaining most of their yards through the air. Not sure where that equates into being manhandled I guess. This is against a team that led ndsu for 3 quarters in that building. I’m not saying SDSU deserves top 10 status, I’m dropping them hard. But the ndsu fans playing that this was a boat racing are ridiculous.

BisonTru
October 21st, 2018, 11:02 PM
An interesting stat I like to look at is Net Yards per play. Given how some teams play very fast and others play fairly slow total yards or even yards per game can get skewed depending on style.

Edit: This was a major pain compared to last year copying and pasting from the NCAA's site.

Team
Off Yards/Play
Def Yards/Play
Net Yards/Play

Princeton

Jacksonville St.

Wofford

Alcorn

Dartmouth

South Dakota St.

Eastern Wash.

North Dakota St.

Kennesaw St.

Illinois St.

James Madison

Drake

Samford

Colgate

Prairie View

Towson

Idaho St.

Villanova

Davidson

Western Ill.

Austin Peay

Penn

Sacramento St.

Central Conn. St.

N.C. A&T

Monmouth

Central Ark.

ETSU

Rhode Island

Harvard

Elon

Incarnate Word

Maine

Marist

Montana

San Diego

Stony Brook

Nicholls St.

Howard

Chattanooga

Saint Francis (PA)

Florida A&M

Bethune-Cookman

UC Davis

Dayton

Albany (NY)

Southeast Mo. St.

Campbell

Sacred Heart

Hampton

Richmond

Western Caro.

North Dakota

Indiana St.

Charleston So.

Murray St.

Montana St.

Abilene Christian

Eastern Ky.

Fordham

Grambling

Lamar University

Presbyterian

UT Martin

South Dakota

Jacksonville

McNeese

Sam Houston St.

Georgetown

Stetson

Norfolk St.

Northern Ariz.

Yale

Alabama A&M

UNI

Delaware

Tennessee St.

Duquesne

Youngstown St.

Southeastern La.

Jackson St.

Northwestern St.

Portland St.

Houston Baptist

Weber St.

Cornell

Northern Colo.

Valparaiso

Bryant

Idaho

Southern U.

Lafayette

Southern Ill.

Morgan St.

Missouri St.

Wagner

SFA

N.C. Central

Eastern Ill.

Holy Cross

Morehead St.

Furman

Butler

South Carolina St.

New Hampshire

Texas Southern

Robert Morris

The Citadel

Savannah St.

Brown

Delaware St.

Columbia

Bucknell

William & Mary

Mississippi Val.

Cal Poly

Southern Utah

Tennessee Tech

Lehigh

Alabama St.

VMI

Gardner-Webb

Ark.-Pine Bluff

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2018, 11:44 PM
You DID - You ARE.I'm doing you a service. The longer you play the con, the worse off your program.

World
October 21st, 2018, 11:56 PM
FCS Net Yards per Play Rankings:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?215865-AGS-Top-25-How-They-Fared-Week-8&p=2695497&viewfull=1#post2695497

grizband
October 22nd, 2018, 01:37 AM
FCS Net Yards per Play Rankings:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?215865-AGS-Top-25-How-They-Fared-Week-8&p=2695497&viewfull=1#post2695497
I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but you linked back to this thread.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2018, 06:07 AM
For those who are wondering. SDSU out-gained UNI and basically split TOP despite SDSU gaining most of their yards through the air. Not sure where that equates into being manhandled I guess. This is against a team that led ndsu for 3 quarters in that building. I’m not saying SDSU deserves top 10 status, I’m dropping them hard. But the ndsu fans playing that this was a boat racing are ridiculous.

Would have.....
Could have.....
Should have...

Ill State beats SDSU this coming week. See you again in Fargo.

Cocky
October 22nd, 2018, 06:21 AM
An interesting stat I like to look at is Net Yards per play. Given how some teams play very fast and others play fairly slow total yards or even yards per game can get skewed depending on style.

Edit: This was a major pain compared to last year copying and pasting from the NCAA's site.

Team
Off Yards/Play
Def Yards/Play
Net Yards/Play

Princeton

Jacksonville St.

Wofford

Alcorn

Dartmouth

South Dakota St.

Eastern Wash.

North Dakota St.

Kennesaw St.

Illinois St.

James Madison

Drake

Samford

Colgate

Prairie View

Towson

Idaho St.

Villanova

Davidson

Western Ill.

Austin Peay

Penn

Sacramento St.

Central Conn. St.

N.C. A&T

Monmouth

Central Ark.

ETSU

Rhode Island

Harvard

Elon

Incarnate Word

Maine

Marist

Montana

San Diego

Stony Brook

Nicholls St.

Howard

Chattanooga

Saint Francis (PA)

Florida A&M

Bethune-Cookman

UC Davis

Dayton

Albany (NY)

Southeast Mo. St.

Campbell

Sacred Heart

Hampton

Richmond

Western Caro.

North Dakota

Indiana St.

Charleston So.

Murray St.

Montana St.

Abilene Christian

Eastern Ky.

Fordham

Grambling

Lamar University

Presbyterian

UT Martin

South Dakota

Jacksonville

McNeese

Sam Houston St.

Georgetown

Stetson

Norfolk St.

Northern Ariz.

Yale

Alabama A&M

UNI

Delaware

Tennessee St.

Duquesne

Youngstown St.

Southeastern La.

Jackson St.

Northwestern St.

Portland St.

Houston Baptist

Weber St.

Cornell

Northern Colo.

Valparaiso

Bryant

Idaho

Southern U.

Lafayette

Southern Ill.

Morgan St.

Missouri St.

Wagner

SFA

N.C. Central

Eastern Ill.

Holy Cross

Morehead St.

Furman

Butler

South Carolina St.

New Hampshire

Texas Southern

Robert Morris

The Citadel

Savannah St.

Brown

Delaware St.

Columbia

Bucknell

William & Mary

Mississippi Val.

Cal Poly

Southern Utah

Tennessee Tech

Lehigh

Alabama St.

VMI

Gardner-Webb

Ark.-Pine Bluff

We look better on paper than real life.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2018, 07:26 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThis, it was a one possession game and SDSU had the ball at the end of the game, that is the weirdest "manhandling" I have ever seen. I hate SDSU with the power of a 1,000,000 white hot stars but it wasn't a manhandling, UNI played great on defense and they deserved to win but it seemed like a pretty close game to me.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2018, 07:36 AM
Would have.....
Could have.....
Should have...

Ill State beats SDSU this coming week. See you again in Fargo.
I only brought up the would’ve and could’ve because people seem to be equating this loss to losing to SEMO damn near. Its not and it wasn’t a blow out or man handling. It was a close game statistically and on the score board until a Sportscenter Top 10 pick 6 with under a minute left.

We very well might lose at ISUr, we tend to play like trash there anyways let alone how our offense looks right now.

This, it was a one possession game and SDSU had the ball at the end of the game, that is the weirdest "manhandling" I have ever seen. I hate SDSU with the power of a 1,000,000 white hot stars but it wasn't a manhandling, UNI played great on defense and they deserved to win but it seemed like a pretty close game to me.

Yeah, I was surprised you didn’t just go with the flow of people on this one xlolx

Something being overlooked is how the SDSU defense played. That was the least amount of points the UNI offense has scored all season besides their game against Iowa. They gave up 17 points to a team that put up 31 on NDSU. That’s a pretty impressive performance.

I personally don’t have SDSU in my top 15 anymore and I have UNI ahead of them but it wasn’t because of this game. It’s because SDSU doesn’t have any good wins right now. Anyone using this game and saying it was because SDSU got manhandled either didn’t watch the game or doesn’t know what a blowout looks like.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2018, 07:44 AM
I only brought up the would’ve and could’ve because people seem to be equating this loss to losing to SEMO damn near. Its not and it wasn’t a blow out or man handling. It was a close game statistically and on the score board until a Sportscenter Top 10 pick 6 with under a minute left.

We very well might lose at ISUr, we tend to play like trash there anyways let alone how our offense looks right now.

Yeah, I was surprised you didn’t just go with the flow of people on this one xlolx

Something being overlooked is how the SDSU defense played. That was the least amount of points the UNI offense has scored all season besides their game against Iowa. They gave up 17 points to a team that put up 31 on NDSU. That’s a pretty impressive performance.

I personally don’t have SDSU in my top 15 anymore and I have UNI ahead of them but it wasn’t because of this game. It’s because SDSU doesn’t have any good wins right now. Anyone using this game and saying it was because SDSU got manhandled either didn’t watch the game or doesn’t know what a blowout looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI still have them in my top 15, right behind UNI. ISUr is going to be tough for you guys I think, but the ISUr secondary is a weakness I think. I got SDSU winning 21-17 and on that you can make #bookit

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
This, it was a one possession game and SDSU had the ball at the end of the game, that is the weirdest "manhandling" I have ever seen. I hate SDSU with the power of a 1,000,000 white hot stars but it wasn't a manhandling, UNI played great on defense and they deserved to win but it seemed like a pretty close game to me.

Yup, down to the wire. Until the INT->TD by UNI's Williams with under 30 seconds to go in the game, SDSU was one TD w/ 2 point conversion from tying it.
Like you said, UNI's defense pretty much shut down SDSU's offense, but UNI wasn't going crazy in the scoring department either. SDSU had more offensive yards than UNI, but the 2 INTs killed them. One was in the red zone and the other was returned for a TD. UNI just made a couple fewer mistakes.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2018, 09:06 AM
People keep forgetting that UNI missed damn near a third of their defense that game. This is coming from someone who does not like UNI at all and has no intention on defending them, but to call it a close game is really missing the mark.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Cocky
October 22nd, 2018, 09:17 AM
Can we get a list of all of the MVC teams who only loss because of injuries? Having a hard time remembering when I place my votes each week.

Reign of Terrier
October 22nd, 2018, 09:31 AM
Can we get a list of all of the MVC teams who only loss because of injuries? Having a hard time remembering when I place my votes each week.Not to mention the only time a double digit loss to a conference opponent of questionable quality is okay if the team is CAA/MVFC so go figure

Bison56
October 22nd, 2018, 10:08 AM
Can we get a list of all of the MVC teams who only loss because of injuries? Having a hard time remembering when I place my votes each week.

Another disgruntled JSU fan, I thought you guys didn't like the AGS poll?

Professor
October 22nd, 2018, 10:20 AM

Facts

Cocky
October 22nd, 2018, 10:23 AM
Another disgruntled JSU fan, I thought you guys didn't like the AGS poll?

Just find the excuses and moral victories amusing.

WileECoyote06
October 22nd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Damn I've had to give reps to like four posters in this thread. No more reps this week. xlolx

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2018, 10:27 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNot a follower, I am always on the leading edge of things. xnodx

Missingnumber7
October 22nd, 2018, 05:08 PM
Outside of the 10-15 does anyone else want to be ranked?