PDA

View Full Version : Southern Conference Week 9 Power Rankings/Pick 'Em

Pages : 1 [2]

PaladinFan
October 27th, 2018, 06:06 PM
WCU lines up all 11 players in a straight line before the 2 pt conversion. Hows that for an offensive preshift.

PaladinFan
October 27th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Thought this when we played them, but ETSU mugs for the camera more than any team I can remember in the SoCon.

ETSUfan1
October 27th, 2018, 06:13 PM
LOL

Reign of Terrier
October 27th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Thought this when we played them, but ETSU mugs for the camera more than any team I can remember in the SoCon.I'm not really sure what this means but whatever it does is probably applicable to Wofford last year

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kdinva
October 27th, 2018, 06:23 PM
VMI seemed to ACTIVELY TRY to lose a game they could have won.

#BeatTusculum

A) UTC made Halftime defensive adjustments similar to what Samford did earlier.....meaning rush 6 against Udinski......who is just not mobile enough........and
B) VMI needs to establish hot reads when the defense blitzes......
C) Coach Wach MUST allow him (QB) to sneak it if under 4 feet to go for 1st down

PaladinFan
October 27th, 2018, 07:24 PM
I'm not really sure what this means but whatever it does is probably applicable to Wofford last year

Just a lot of dancing after tackles that goes beyond celebrating a play. I'm also not fond of a bunch of the players running over to the WCU sideline and waiving "bye" to them after four quarters and four overtimes.

I mean, you do you, but I expect a lot of programs would frown on that.

Reign of Terrier
October 27th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Just a lot of dancing after tackles that goes beyond celebrating a play. I'm also not fond of a bunch of the players running over to the WCU sideline and waiving "bye" to them after four quarters and four overtimes.

I mean, you do you, but I expect a lot of programs would frown on that.Fair enough. I don't think Wofford does that...unless we're up by big late and we put it on ice. It's a swag thing I guess.

FUGameBreaker
October 27th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Yep so basically as a Furman fan, I want Furman to win out and have Samford beat Wofford and ETSU and we can at least be conference co-champs this year to salvage something, lets see what happens next Saturday

PaladinFan
October 27th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Thought this was neat

https://twitter.com/gordo_xx7/status/1056341591835770881

Reign of Terrier
October 27th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Alright, so I'm finally back in front of a computer. Here are my thoughts on the Wofford-Mercer game.

As I said, I want Mercer to be good. But they are still a year away. They can't seem to put it together on defense, which I've said about a dozen times is weird, given how good they were last year. Their offense is still very good and definitely suffered without Mitchell. regardless, their back up was stellar. He rushed for over 90 yards, probably the most we've given up since 2016 against Youngstown State.

This game was *weird* from Wofford perspective. The first two possessions felt like the Furman game because Mercer had a good strategy. We put in Moseley and threw a BOMB to TJ Luther and I think that's what we needed to loosen up the defense. I didn't see Mercer load the box for much of the rest of the day. Wofford threw the ball for 199 yards. My take away is that Mercer may have seen the Furman film, tried to recreate it, but Wofford adjusted (through the passing game, a counter or two to Andre Stoddard) much earlier and had the defense to keep Mercer off the field. Wofford held Mercer to 100 yards of offense at the half.

I'm continuing to be impressed by Wofford's defense (shocker right?). But seriously, I've been watching Wofford football for years and literally all we've run is zone and zone blitzes. This year, we've run so much more (delay blitzes, man coverage, and more) and it's been productive. It's still to be determined whether or not Furman exposed a weakness that persists or if it was a necessary learning experience for our coaching staff that's made us a better defense. Either way, I didn't see us leading 35-7 in the second half. My secret prediction was 41-17, but I thought we would have some late scores or adjustments that would make that score. In other words, I was hoping for that score, but I wasn't expecting it.

Kaelin Riley is a fighter and probably played with a sprained ankle for most of the game. I passively respect every player, but I actively respect him after that. Mercer is average this year, but I think if they get it together on defense they will be a force next year.

PaladinFan
October 27th, 2018, 08:28 PM
https://twitter.com/Jeff_fromthePC/status/1056313449045786625

UpstateBison
October 27th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Alright, so I'm finally back in front of a computer. Here are my thoughts on the Wofford-Mercer game.

As I said, I want Mercer to be good. But they are still a year away. They can't seem to put it together on defense, which I've said about a dozen times is weird, given how good they were last year. Their offense is still very good and definitely suffered without Mitchell. regardless, their back up was stellar. He rushed for over 90 yards, probably the most we've given up since 2016 against Youngstown State.

This game was *weird* from Wofford perspective. The first two possessions felt like the Furman game because Mercer had a good strategy. We put in Moseley and threw a BOMB to TJ Luther and I think that's what we needed to loosen up the defense. I didn't see Mercer load the box for much of the rest of the day. Wofford threw the ball for 199 yards. My take away is that Mercer may have seen the Furman film, tried to recreate it, but Wofford adjusted (through the passing game, a counter or two to Andre Stoddard) much earlier and had the defense to keep Mercer off the field. Wofford held Mercer to 100 yards of offense at the half.

I'm continuing to be impressed by Wofford's defense (shocker right?). But seriously, I've been watching Wofford football for years and literally all we've run is zone and zone blitzes. This year, we've run so much more (delay blitzes, man coverage, and more) and it's been productive. It's still to be determined whether or not Furman exposed a weakness that persists or if it was a necessary learning experience for our coaching staff that's made us a better defense. Either way, I didn't see us leading 35-7 in the second half. My secret prediction was 41-17, but I thought we would have some late scores or adjustments that would make that score. In other words, I was hoping for that score, but I wasn't expecting it.

Kaelin Riley is a fighter and probably played with a sprained ankle for most of the game. I passively respect every player, but I actively respect him after that. Mercer is average this year, but I think if they get it together on defense they will be a force next year.

Besides Wofford, who is good in the SoCon this year? Does a SoCon team get seeded and win a quarterfinal game? I hope so but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaladinFan
October 27th, 2018, 08:32 PM
One other thing we learned - it seems Furman is going to at least try to redshirt Darren Grainger.

JeMar Lincoln, who has spent most of this season as QB3, started and played virtually all of the game. When Furman wanted to try and throw a bit in the second half, they went to Hamp Sisson, who has been QB4 all season (Hendrix seems to have second-guessed that decision post-game).

Grainger was in uniform, but wore the colored penny jersey and signaled in plays. If he was healthy (no reports that he was not), then playing Lincoln then Sisson suggests Furman is going to try and shut him down for the year.

Roberts reportedly had a concussion from the Samford game. I suppose there stands a chance he'll be back in uniform next week against UTC.

PaladinFan
October 27th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Besides Wofford, who is good in the SoCon this year? Does a SoCon team get seeded and win a quarterfinal game? I hope so but I doubt it.

Samford's a solid team when they are going right.

Again, it's all relative. We don't have a team the calibre of NDSU/JMU. We probably have teams that are equally comparable to most of "the rest" of those conferences.

FUGameBreaker
October 27th, 2018, 08:54 PM

Besides Wofford? lol How about nobody in the SoCon is anything special this year, pretty even league overall in conference that has not done well OOC, so yeah nobody is anything special this year, including Woff

Reign of Terrier
October 27th, 2018, 09:06 PM

Based on what I've seen:
Wofford is good, probably going to make the playoffs. Just have to win 2 of 3.

Furman is good and screwed royally by Hurricane Florence. If they finished 7-4, they would make the playoffs with the schedule they have

ETSU is scrappy. They will make the playoffs, especially if they win one more game. They are comparable to Wofford last year. I don't know if they'll win a game in the playoffs but they deserve a spot.

If Chattanooga goes 8-3, they will deserve it a spot.

Mercer's defense isn't great, and they'll probably finish 5-6.

Samford will either make the playoffs at 7-4 or miss it at 6-5. I say that because their schedule is tough, they have no real terrible losses (Mercer may end up being that way, but who knows), while they would, at 7-4, have at least two quality losses (Chattanooga, Kennesaw) and two quality wins, maybe 3, pending on how Furman turns out.

So basically, you're going to have Wofford and ETSU at the top at no worse than 7-4, and then a mass of humanity with Furman, Samford, Chattanooga sitting at 6-5ish (or better). Mercer could be in there too, who knows.

Games to watch: All games involving Samford, ETSU, and Chattanooga. It's possible that any of the lower half of the conference (Citadel, Mercer, VMI, Western) could pull upset, but Wofford probably has a huge margin of error.

Bottom line: every conference is messy this year.

FUGameBreaker
October 27th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Based on what I've seen:
Wofford is good, probably going to make the playoffs. Just have to win 2 of 3.

Furman is good and screwed royally by Hurricane Florence. If they finished 7-4, they would make the playoffs with the schedule they have

ETSU is scrappy. They will make the playoffs, especially if they win one more game. They are comparable to Wofford last year. I don't know if they'll win a game in the playoffs but they deserve a spot.

If Chattanooga goes 8-3, they will deserve it a spot.

Mercer's defense isn't great, and they'll probably finish 5-6.

Samford will either make the playoffs at 7-4 or miss it at 6-5. I say that because their schedule is tough, they have no real terrible losses (Mercer may end up being that way, but who knows), while they would, at 7-4, have at least two quality losses (Chattanooga, Kennesaw) and two quality wins, maybe 3, pending on how Furman turns out.

So basically, you're going to have Wofford and ETSU at the top at no worse than 7-4, and then a mass of humanity with Furman, Samford, Chattanooga sitting at 6-5ish (or better). Mercer could be in there too, who knows.

Games to watch: All games involving Samford, ETSU, and Chattanooga. It's possible that any of the lower half of the conference (Citadel, Mercer, VMI, Western) could pull upset, but Wofford probably has a huge margin of error.

Bottom line: every conference is messy this year.

Good analysis, I was just thinking in terms of making a playoff run, not sure anyone has it in them this year

longtimemocfan
October 27th, 2018, 09:20 PM
A) UTC made Halftime defensive adjustments similar to what Samford did earlier.....meaning rush 6 against Udinski......who is just not mobile enough........and
B) VMI needs to establish hot reads when the defense blitzes......
C) Coach Wach MUST allow him (QB) to sneak it if under 4 feet to go for 1st downI'll give VMI it's due. They never quit, they play hard and if they could get any defense play at all they would win some games. Good effort today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gofurman
October 27th, 2018, 09:32 PM
One other thing we learned - it seems Furman is going to at least try to redshirt Darren Grainger.

JeMar Lincoln, who has spent most of this season as QB3, started and played virtually all of the game. When Furman wanted to try and throw a bit in the second half, they went to Hamp Sisson, who has been QB4 all season (Hendrix seems to have second-guessed that decision post-game).

Grainger was in uniform, but wore the colored penny jersey and signaled in plays. If he was healthy (no reports that he was not), then playing Lincoln then Sisson suggests Furman is going to try and shut him down for the year.

Roberts reportedly had a concussion from the Samford game. I suppose there stands a chance he'll be back in uniform next week against UTC.

a few points -

1) That was a GOOD WIN.
Not only was that our THIRD STRING QB but here are the SoCon scores AT Citadel.
Citadel 23. ETSU 26
Citadel 28. UTC in overtime! 29
Citadel 17. Furman 28
look at those scores

my point is the Citadel is Oh-so-close and there record is not indicative of their team (this from a Furman guy xdrunkyx ). I mean, people say Chatt is a good team and they won by ONE SINGLE PLAY in OT in Charleston.

2). Yes, that was our THIRD STRING QB (and FOURTH)... I don't really know anything but we MIGHT be red shirting Grainger. Grainger got all the run before this and he didn't see the field today. And this right at the 4 game redshirt limit? I suspect that means he is indeed in the lead for next year and thus they wouldn't burn a year just to help win a game or two. At least today they didn't

3), I think that game is an easy /easier win w Harris Roberts. Didn't throw but maybe three times to backs out of the backfield etc. ask Youngterrier how big a part of our offense that is. We were so limited today. Lincoln didn't turn it over and we won. That's awesome for a Freshman. I don't think it's a stretch to say we score 10-14 more w Roberts at QB though. That is NOT smack talk. Rather my impression from seeing every game this year and how the O was progressing w Roberts in its variety of throws and things you had to worry about

4), our option D is the real deal. Already covered this. Held BOTH Woffd and Citadel to season low scoring. That said I want to give credit to Citadel's ability to run up the middle. As a Furman fan, I loved it when Citadel tried to get the option on the edge. Our LBs seem very very fast and good at pushing the option towards the sideline... But we struggled w the straight ahead runs

5). Furman pass D continues to have gaps. The freakin Citadel came out throwing ! Their first four plays may have been passes. What was that? It shows both a respect for our option D AND a disrespect for our pass D that Citadel came out throwing. And I agree, I wouldn't respect our pass D either

apparently Harris Roberts concussion is enough to keep him out v Citadel. Hope he can go next week

wcugrad95
October 27th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Serious question - WCU's Adams was SoCon offensive player of the week last week in a loss, but has anybody won it 2 weeks in a row and both games been losses? All Western fans are even more down than usual after today, so I didn't look up stats from other games. But Tyrie was 20-29 for 229 yards and 4 TDs (no INTs) and ran 26 times for 168 yards and another score.

ElCid
October 28th, 2018, 12:25 AM
a few points -

1) That was a GOOD WIN.
Not only was that our THIRD STRING QB but here are the SoCon scores AT Citadel.
Citadel 23. ETSU 26
Citadel 28. UTC in overtime! 29
Citadel 17. Furman 28
look at those scores

my point is the Citadel is Oh-so-close and there record is not indicative of their team (this from a Furman guy xdrunkyx ). I mean, people say Chatt is a good team and they won by ONE SINGLE PLAY in OT in Charleston.

I just knew someone would make some light of the 11 point win today totally ignoring the fact that it a 4 point game until the final couple minutes when we fumbled Black is not a bad passer but not a great scrambler and he was not protecting the ball very well at all. I know they count like all other points, but it was pretty close like all our games. But I wouldn't get too excited. You all played good but are not world killers. You got some good QBs to choose from. Our team, like UTC or Wofford or Mercer or even ETSU are not the same teams as when we played them. Just like you all are not the same team that played Elon. We have been close all year, and have been fairly consistent. But it just wasn't there for us. Our execution has been slow and our Oline is just not where it should be.

We don't fumble the first time and it is a different ending. That one was the one which threw us of track. I know we stopped you after that first fumble, but we were moving the ball again and it took the emotional wind out of our offense sails. After that fumble, we had almost no yards. Our D was not bad but you guys ran at will, at times, and we had no answer.

gofurman
October 28th, 2018, 01:36 AM
. I just knew someone would make some light of the 11 point win today totally ignoring the fact that it a 4 point game until the final couple minutes when we fumbled Black is not a bad passer but not a great scrambler and he was not protecting the ball very well at all. I know they count like all other points, but it was pretty close like all our games. But I wouldn't get too excited. You all played good but are not world killers. You got some good QBs to choose from. Our team, like UTC or Wofford or Mercer or even ETSU are not the same teams as when we played them. Just like you all are not the same team that played Elon. We have been close all year, and have been fairly consistent. But it just wasn't there for us. Our execution has been slow and our Oline is just not where it should be.

We don't fumble the first time and it is a different ending. That one was the one which threw us of track. I know we stopped you after that first fumble, but we were moving the ball again and it took the emotional wind out of our offense sails. After that fumble, we had almost no yards. Our D was not bad but you guys ran at will, at times, and we had no answer.

Elcid, I was NOT making light of our 11 point win. Not. At all.

Rather I was showing how competitive THE Citadel is, ESPECIALLY in Charleston - I was showing That your record is NOT indicative of your team's strength. I was showing you have a decent team.

Citadel 23. ETSU 26. ETSU is a top SoCon team
Citadel 28. UTC. 29. In overtime !
(and yes today we won 28-17 but I wasn't rubbing a score differential )

No need to get snarky and say 'you aren't world killers'. I don't think we are. However, believe me. We are a 10-20 point better team w Roberts at QB. Lincoln is our THIRD QB and I wouldn't be surprised if he is at a different position next year.

I am objective. I don't think we "ran at will" as you say. I thought your DL killed our OL for portions of the game. Thankfully we had some RBs who made YAC. Because our OL didn't do well and also had a guy hurt. You all got the most DL penetration I have seen all year v us

- - - Updated - - -

gofurman
October 28th, 2018, 02:12 AM
Anyone know where I can watch Furman Citadel full replay - YouTube? ESPN+?

will it come later in the week? I wanted to watch some things in particular that it's hard to watch during game

PaladinFan
October 28th, 2018, 06:01 AM
I just knew someone would make some light of the 11 point win today totally ignoring the fact that it a 4 point game until the final couple minutes when we fumbled Black is not a bad passer but not a great scrambler and he was not protecting the ball very well at all. I know they count like all other points, but it was pretty close like all our games. But I wouldn't get too excited. You all played good but are not world killers. You got some good QBs to choose from. Our team, like UTC or Wofford or Mercer or even ETSU are not the same teams as when we played them. Just like you all are not the same team that played Elon. We have been close all year, and have been fairly consistent. But it just wasn't there for us. Our execution has been slow and our Oline is just not where it should be.

The game felt similar to what we've seen from Furman a few times this year. The offense starts to grind down in the second half, you start seeing rookie mistakes, the opponent gets a big play and swings momentum, and the defense gets hung out to dry. That is essentially the script in Furman's losses to ETSU and Samford.

The defense really came to play today. Besides the long pass TD (which, again, I think should have been called back for an egregious hold), the Citadel really didn't do anything offensively the entire game. Their scores were more the result of excellent field position than any offensive consistency.

The turnovers certainly hurt, but I think some of that is the maturation of the Furman squad. The Paladins protected the ball (which they have struggled to do) and ended up forcing a few turnovers (which they have struggled to do).

At the end of the game, Furman's best defensive playmaker, Adrian Hope, made a play. He's a tough matchup even for good pass blocking OTs in clear passing situations.

ElCid
October 28th, 2018, 08:25 AM
After watching a bunch of our games this weekend, it is safe to say that the SOCON, top to bottom, in the most competitive in conf play. There is not a lot of separation.

wcugrad95
October 28th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Playing devil's advocate, many will argue the majority of teams are not really all that good and that is why the games are so close. They will point to the OOC record (our losses and the collective records of the teams we beat), and unless Wofford or somebody goes deep into the playoffs they will say it was 1 decent team and a bunch of mediocre ones that were all about the same. Honestly, at this stage I am not sure which one I believe. FUBeAR posted a message in the week 10 power thread about how close UTC and ETSU are to having much worse records. I watch every play of WCU's games and for a fact can tell you we aren't all that good - but we are 3 special teams plays and a few redzone turnovers away from a 5-3 or even 6-2 type record. We aren't, but it shows a self-admitted "not very good team" is not far off from some of the teams we are all claiming are playoff-worthy. The only games WCU really had no shot in were Samford and UTC (both played with a badly injured Tyrie Adams).

Very similar thing for VMI. So just because all the games are close doesn't mean the teams winning many of those games are all that good.

PaladinNation
October 28th, 2018, 08:56 AM
An add-on about the Citadel/Furman game - that game played like a true rivalry game - it was IMO the most physical game I've watched this season. The DOGS had players need assistance getting off the field - FURMAN had several get their bells rung.

Not sure - why - but that game yesterday was far more physical than the Wofford matchup. Oddly, Lincoln though listed as the 3rd string QB is the most physical running the ball and I'm not sure if Harris would have been good for another 10 points - BUT.

David Cobb - radio color for Furman, and ex-Paladin offensive lineman said several times that Quarles (FU-OC) is a gunslinger risk taker and Clay is more conservative. Against Wofford with a healthy Harris playing Quarles orchestrated what the Hendrix/Quarles offense wants to be - multiple. Option, Spread, Pistol, Shotgun, Power.

I think Saturday was a turning point - they decided to just trust Lincoln and let him make plays. I agree with goFU - I think we see Lincoln move to another position next season. Both Grainger and Sisson will benefit greatly from an off-season of training and learning the offense.

I think in the next couple of years - we will see the primary offense be more of what saw against Wofford than the conservative offense we saw against The Citadel.

One more interesting Furman insight from the game yesterday - Furman is rotating linemen it seems on almost every play - they are moving tackles and guards in and out like skill positions. I think it's obvious that Hendrix isn't happy with the line play. With four line commitments for 2019 - I think Furman is still in a rebuilding phase concerning the o-line.

SU DOG
October 28th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Anyone know where I can watch Furman Citadel full replay - YouTube? ESPN+?

will it come later in the week? I wanted to watch some things in particular that it's hard to watch during game

It's on ESPN+ replay. If you have that then there is no problem. Click Replay and Sat 27th, then scroll down to the 5th listing under 1:00PM.

gofurman
October 28th, 2018, 07:49 PM
An add-on about the Citadel/Furman game - that game played like a true rivalry game - it was IMO the most physical game I've watched this season. The DOGS had players need assistance getting off the field - FURMAN had several get their bells rung.

Not sure - why - but that game yesterday was far more physical than the Wofford matchup. Oddly, Lincoln though listed as the 3rd string QB is the most physical running the ball and I'm not sure if Harris would have been good for another 10 points - BUT.

David Cobb - radio color for Furman, and ex-Paladin offensive lineman said several times that Quarles (FU-OC) is a gunslinger risk taker and Clay is more conservative. Against Wofford with a healthy Harris playing Quarles orchestrated what the Hendrix/Quarles offense wants to be - multiple. Option, Spread, Pistol, Shotgun, Power.

I think Saturday was a turning point - they decided to just trust Lincoln and let him make plays. I agree with goFU - I think we see Lincoln move to another position next season. Both Grainger and Sisson will benefit greatly from an off-season of training and learning the offense.

I think in the next couple of years - we will see the primary offense be more of what saw against Wofford than the conservative offense we saw against The Citadel.

One more interesting Furman insight from the game yesterday - Furman is rotating linemen it seems on almost every play - they are moving tackles and guards in and out like skill positions. I think it's obvious that Hendrix isn't happy with the line play. With four line commitments for 2019 - I think Furman is still in a rebuilding phase concerning the o-line.

Agree Furman was rotating OL and had definite struggles vs Citadel DL. We are still working on OL for sure. Not sure that Kroeber was healthy or played and that hurt

gofurman
October 28th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2694706#post2694706) I was 3-1 last week. Wofford bounced back and gave ETSU a great game. Here's where I have at it after today's games (numbers in parenthesis indicates the number of wins needed vs. games remaining for a chance at an at-large bid).

1) Wofford (2 of 4) - Back on top in time for another game of the week.
2) East Tennessee State (2 of 3) - Not going to win games when you turn over the ball three times.
3) Mercer (3 of 4) - Defense took a beating, offense dished out an even bigger beating.
4) Chattanooga (2 of 4) - Took a break this week.
5) Samford (OUT) - Kept their autobid hopes alive.
6) Furman (OUT) - Saw their playoff hopes go up in smoke.
7) The Citadel (OUT) - Holds on to the Silver Shako.
8) Western Carolina (OUT) - Offense dished out a beating, defense took a bigger beating.
9) VMI (OUT) - Saw their best and last chance of winning a conference game slip away.

Week 9 Games
Mercer @ Wofford (Game of the Week) - Bears pound it out in a good one.
Furman @ The Citadel - Bulldogs takes care of business.
VMI @ Chattanooga (Beatdown of the Week) - Mocs keep their playoff hopes alive.
Western Carolina @ East Tennessee State - Bucs keep their autobid hopes alive.

Autobid Status
Western Carolina - can be eliminated with a loss at ETSU or a Wofford win
The Citadel - can be eliminated with a loss and either an ETSU or Wofford win
Wofford did Chattanooga and Furman a solid today as had ETSU won today and next week, they would be on the chopping block with a loss next week.

-------------------------------
GOFurman "Before you pick Citadel you really ought to take less of a macro view and ask Wofford how well we specifically defend the option. I mean that seriously. That's not a knock on Wofford just a truly objective statement.

Its all all about match ups.

Now the HUGE caveat for that game is do we have Roberts at QB ? If not then our O will struggle and our D may get gassed. But if he plays - though if it's a concussion we may still be limited to running less option keepers - we could do well.

I honestly think Young terrier would back me on this. He saw how we are coached vs option. Our LBs scrape and pursue to the sideline etc "

-----------------------------------------

tried to warn my man Black and Gold NOT to pick Citadel when we have Staggs as our DC. He is now 6-0 vs Citadel. Our DC has NEVER lost to Citadel...

just a fun heckle man.... not saying Furman is good- but we can stop the Citadel and the option as well as anyone