PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Results - WEEK 7 POLL - 2018 SEASON

Pages : 1 [2]

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2018, 09:07 AM
I think we should just have a top #15 poll at this point

16-25 left blank for future consideraton

I managed to rank 19 teams though, the remaining should probably not be ranked .... haha

NDSUtk
October 21st, 2018, 09:12 AM
And what's scary is we have to get a 24 team playoff out of this mess....
I think we should just have a top #15 poll at this point

16-25 left blank for future consideraton

I managed to rank 19 teams though, the remaining should probably not be ranked .... haha

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 09:15 AM
I'm stuck at 10. I know my next 5 teams, but not all 5 of them deserve that 11-15 rank, even though, that is where they are going to be and I will feel dirty for doing such a thing, even as one of them moves up for a loss. xsmhx

Cocky
October 21st, 2018, 09:38 AM
Rank your puppy dogs #1, they are far above the rest of the FCS....xnodx

JSU should get the 1 votes. How else can we extend our first round home losing streak?

Cocky
October 21st, 2018, 09:40 AM
I'm stuck at 10. I know my next 5 teams, but not all 5 of them deserve that 11-15 rank, even though, that is where they are going to be and I will feel dirty for doing such a thing, even as one of them moves up for a loss. xsmhx

Everyone is having the same issue, but come Monday afternoon a long thread will develop about how some team should have been 16th rather than 23rd.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 09:50 AM
Everyone is having the same issue, but come Monday afternoon a long thread will develop about how some team should have been 16th rather than 23rd.

Oh for sure. The thing is, we do this every year around this time, and it only gets worse with each passing week, and yet, as you said, we will argue about the lower 1/3rd quartile until the the following Saturday.

LehighU11
October 21st, 2018, 09:59 AM
Oh for sure. The thing is, we do this every year around this time, and it only gets worse with each passing week, and yet, as you said, we will argue about the lower 1/3rd quartile until the the following Saturday.
Bottom tercile? :D

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 10:01 AM
We are getting to the point where there are teams that are not currently getting any votes that we may have to look at. I am looking pretty hard at SEMO and IW in this poll now. The OVC is a complete joke, freaking Murray State is leading that conference, really Clark?

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 10:11 AM
We are getting to the point where there are teams that are not currently getting any votes that we may have to look at. I am looking pretty hard at SEMO and IW in this poll now. The OVC is a complete joke, freaking Murray State is leading that conference, really Clark?

UIW should be in everyone's poll as the wins include: @ACU and McNeese. I am not saying they should be that high, but I have a hard reason to leave them out of the poll. I do not have any OVC teams in my T25 and this is one of the weakest weeks for gaining entrance in recent memory too.

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2018, 10:12 AM
yes, this kind of work was exactly why I never wanted to particpate in the AGS poll, checking out SEMO on Sunday morning on the playa instead of the Muchacha's.... good grief ... how old am now...haha

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 10:16 AM
UIW should be in everyone's poll as the wins include: @ACU and McNeese. I am not saying they should be that high, but I have a hard reason to leave them out of the poll. I do not have any OVC teams in my T25 and this is one of the weakest weeks for gaining entrance in recent memory too.I had JSU at 8 in my poll last week, what, do you just drop them 18 spots for losing a game, McNeese needs to be gone too and then, who are you going to slide into the poll. There is a lot of flaming hot garbage outside of the top 8 or 10 teams this year. I am not convinced that IW is worth a ****, it is just that they are beating teams that aren't that good either. Lamar beats SHSU, good God.

LehighU11
October 21st, 2018, 10:19 AM
I put IW in my poll this week. I had McNeese much further down that others last week, but the Cardinals' blowout win of the Cowboys was a solid one. The 27-21 IW loss to Lamar doesn't look great, but IW had a FG blocked and returned for a TD as time expired. The other two losses for IW are FBS: one to a good 6-2 North Texas squad and the other to a mediocre New Mexico team.

RootinFerDukes
October 21st, 2018, 10:21 AM
Rank your puppy dogs #1, they are far above the rest of the FCS....xnodx

No. Since we’re not in the MVFC, our SOS is like 435th in FCS. We should be grateful to be ranked at all.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 10:24 AM
I had JSU at 8 in my poll last week, what, do you just drop them 18 spots for losing a game, McNeese needs to be gone too and then, who are you going to slide into the poll. There is a lot of flaming hot garbage outside of the top 8 or 10 teams this year. I am not convinced that IW is worth a ****, it is just that they are beating teams that aren't that good either. Lamar beats SHSU, good God.

LehighU11 mentioned the Lamar game so I do not have to, but JSU is a fringe T25 team. Some will keep them in, some will not. With a loss to NCAT (who lost to freaking Morgan St and FAMU) and an obliteration by SEMO, I don't know if they deserve to remain in. They have 1 solid chance to prove they belong back as a T15 team and that comes against KSU to end the season. As I said elsewhere, this was one of the weakest weeks to enter the poll and certain teams found a way to ensure they wanted nothing to do with it.

RootinFerDukes
October 21st, 2018, 10:27 AM
UIW should be in everyone's poll as the wins include: @ACU and McNeese. I am not saying they should be that high, but I have a hard reason to leave them out of the poll. I do not have any OVC teams in my T25 and this is one of the weakest weeks for gaining entrance in recent memory too.

Maybe since the southland isn’t more than a 2 bid conference, maybe their top 2 teams in the standings should be ranked while all others aren’t? We might be over thinking that one.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 10:32 AM
I put IW in my poll this week. I had McNeese much further down that others last week, but the Cardinals' blowout win of the Cowboys was a solid one. The 27-21 IW loss to Lamar doesn't look great, but IW had a FG blocked and returned for a TD as time expired. The other two losses for IW are FBS: one to a good 6-2 North Texas squad and the other to a mediocre New Mexico team.I honestly don't think I can get my fingers to function enough to click on them in the poll. I don't believe they are for real. I might have to have both Darmouth and Princeton in the poll, God help us all. What are your thoughts on Florida A and M? I am looking at them as well.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 10:33 AM
Maybe since the southland isn’t more than a 2 bid conference, maybe their top 2 teams in the standings should be ranked while all others aren’t? We might be over thinking that one.

The Southland will have at least 3 teams come playoff time as it will be a combo of NSU, McNeese, ACU, UIW, SHSU, and UCA.

LehighU11
October 21st, 2018, 10:51 AM
LehighU11 mentioned the Lamar game so I do not have to, but JSU is a fringe T25 team. Some will keep them in, some will not. With a loss to NCAT (who lost to freaking Morgan St and FAMU) and an obliteration by SEMO, I don't know if they deserve to remain in. They have 1 solid chance to prove they belong back as a T15 team and that comes against KSU to end the season. As I said elsewhere, this was one of the weakest weeks to enter the poll and certain teams found a way to ensure they wanted nothing to do with it.

Agreed, they are on the fringe. JSU's 5 wins have come against a 1-5 SWAC team, plus 4 OVC teams that are 0-7, 3-4, 3-4, and 2-6. That SEMO loss is awfully ugly.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 10:52 AM
Agreed, they are on the fringe. JSU's 5 wins have come against a 1-5 SWAC team, plus 4 OVC teams that are 0-7, 3-4, 3-4, and 2-6. That SEMO loss is awfully ugly.

I would not blame anyone for kicking JSU out of the T25 as they would have every logical reason to do so.

LehighU11
October 21st, 2018, 11:12 AM
I honestly don't think I can get my fingers to function enough to click on them in the poll. I don't believe they are for real. I might have to have both Darmouth and Princeton in the poll, God help us all. What are your thoughts on Florida A and M? I am looking at them as well.
I don't think Florida A&M is worthy of consideration. The loss to Jackson St. is enough to disqualify them from consideration. Jackson St.'s 2 other wins are against 1 win SWAC teams. Florida A&M's only victory against a winning team was at NC A&T by 1. A&M has 4 D1 wins, all within their very weak conference, and a win against a 1-7 DII team.

Preferred Walk-On
October 21st, 2018, 11:14 AM
And what's scary is we have to get a 24 team playoff out of this mess....

Actually, this is precisely why a 24-team playoff is needed. If anybody ranked 3-25 can beat one another, then the argument above is really advocating for an FBS-style play-in, not a true playoff system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:15 AM
I don't think Florida A&M is worthy of consideration. The loss to Jackson St. is enough to disqualify them from consideration. Jackson St.'s 2 other wins are against 1 win SWAC teams. Florida A&M's only victory against a winning team was at NC A&T by 1. A&M has 4 D1 wins, all within their very weak conference, and a win against a 1-7 DII team.Yea, I don't know, lots of bad losses by lots of teams, 15-25 is a joke. I put them in my poll because I don't see them losing another game and as much hot garbage there appears to be in the bottom of the poll, they will probably settle in there anyway. I have Delaware in my top 20 and they were one of the worst teams the Bison have played this year, Cal Poly excluded.

WestCoastAggie
October 21st, 2018, 11:30 AM
Yea, I don't know, lots of bad losses by lots of teams, 15-25 is a joke. I put them in my poll because I don't see them losing another game and as much hot garbage there appears to be in the bottom of the poll, they will probably settle in there anyway. I have Delaware in my top 20 and they were one of the worst teams the Bison have played this year, Cal Poly excluded.

FAMU had the Jackson State game won until the MEAC ref decided to get blind, negating the go-ahead TD at the end of the game.

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 11:31 AM
I had JSU at 8 in my poll last week, what, do you just drop them 18 spots for losing a game.

Yes.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:39 AM
FAMU had the Jackson State game won until the MEAC ref decided to get blind, negating the go-ahead TD at the end of the game.I get that but that game shouldn't have been close, that was really that only thing that gave me pause about having them in the top 25 but teams will get a brain fart once in a while.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:40 AM
Yes.Seriously, WTF is wrong with you guys, I had to put SEMO in my poll.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 11:45 AM
Seriously, WTF is wrong with you guys, I had to put SEMO in my poll.

xeyebrowx

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 11:48 AM
xeyebrowxYea, that happened

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 11:49 AM
Yea, that happened

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/754/387/a46.jpg

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 11:52 AM
Seriously, WTF is wrong with you guys, I had to put SEMO in my poll.

You're stupid.

Figure it out.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 12:04 PM
You're stupid.

Figure it out.
Ouch, you are a bitter little Gamecock this morning. If you beat that powerhouse Murray State next weekend, maybe you guys can crack the top 25, you know, because beating the current conference leader would be a big feather in the hat.

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 12:10 PM
Ouch, you are a bitter little Gamecock this morning. If you beat that powerhouse Murray State next weekend, maybe you guys can crack the top 25, you know, because beating the current conference leader would be a big feather in the hat.

The only thing that moves us back into the poll is beating Kennesaw and that ain't happening.

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2018, 12:11 PM
The lesson of the last 2-3 weeks is that ever team is flawed.

Except NDSU. They are perfect.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 12:13 PM
The lesson of the last 2-3 weeks is that ever team is flawed.

Except NDSU. They are perfect.

NDSU has their flaws but no one is going to be good enough to expose them.

World
October 21st, 2018, 12:16 PM
That is complete disrespect to John Lovett and THE Princeton Tigers, God's gift to mankind.

Playing with a cast on his left arm, Princeton QB John Lovett had only a modest (for him) game in Princeton's win over a decent Harvard team, producing "only" 252 yards passing and rushing and 2 TD's, down from the almost 5 TD's per game that he was responsible for previously this season.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 12:19 PM
NDSU has their flaws but no one is going to be good enough to expose them.

Towson has an offense to make it a game but that defense is mediocre giving up 370 a game total with 170.3 on the ground and I do not know if they would get the ball for more than 22 minutes during the game.

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2018, 12:20 PM
NDSU has their flaws but no one is going to be good enough to expose them.My unpopular opinion is that every team has flaws and they get exposed to varying degrees every week. Less than 10 plays can be the difference between a win and a blow out.

The problem a lot of pollsters have is that they have expectations for perfection, when polls are relative and flawed.

A lot of front runners got exposed in the last few weeks and because no one but NDSU is unscathed people act like the division sucks, when in reality there's just a lot of parity (to a degree), at least within conferences.

These outcomes are less surprising if you assume the mid tier of most conferences are comparable to each other. That's the unpopular opinion.

Except for the OVC and Big South.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 12:21 PM
Playing with a cast on his left arm, Princeton QB John Lovett had only a modest (for him) game in Princeton's win over a decent Harvard team, producing "only" 252 yards passing and rushing and 2 TD's, down from the almost 5 TD's per game that he was responsible for previously this season.

Oh so what you are saying is that when Princeton played a team with a pulse, he came back down to Earth and had an average/decent game? Hmm...

World
October 21st, 2018, 12:21 PM

but who in the world loses to a school named "Incarnate Word"?

kalm
October 21st, 2018, 12:24 PM
Thank you. I just want to look out for those 0-2 vs FBS. You shouldn’t get a pass on all FBS losses just because your program is chasing a paycheck.

You're welcome. As you also know JMU is way better funded than almost the entire subdivision and has a nice stadium and attendance to where they're not forced to "chase a paycheck". You'd think with all that funding, JMU could take a chance and schedule home and homes with other power conferences instead of annual scrimmages with the MEAC and Patriot.

Not to mention, there's one non-conference FCS program within 2000 miles of Davis.

kalm
October 21st, 2018, 12:26 PM
My unpopular opinion is that every team has flaws and they get exposed to varying degrees every week. Less than 10 plays can be the difference between a win and a blow out.

The problem a lot of pollsters have is that they have expectations for perfection, when polls are relative and flawed.

A lot of front runners got exposed in the last few weeks and because no one but NDSU is unscathed people act like the division sucks, when in reality there's just a lot of parity (to a degree), at least within conferences.

These outcomes are less surprising if you assume the mid tier of most conferences are comparable to each other. That's the unpopular opinion.

Agreed, but the SoCon this year and SLC are chomping at their heels.

World
October 21st, 2018, 12:29 PM
My unpopular opinion is that every team has flaws and they get exposed to varying degrees every week. Less than 10 plays can be the difference between a win and a blow out.

Well said

agree

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 12:30 PM
but who in the world loses to a school named "Incarnate Word"?

They are actually a decent team this year.

World
October 21st, 2018, 12:34 PM
Dropping JSU and McNeese out of the top 25 might be a little harsh

Maybe down 10-12 spots?

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2018, 12:35 PM
Agreed, but the SoCon this year and SLC are chomping at their heels.SLC and Socon have the most upstart/D1 converts in the FCS. A lot of the negative perception of these conferences derives from that.

In my opinion, what's really happening is those teams are finally legitimate.

Teams in the OVC and Big South have been at the subdivision for 10 years plus (except Kennesaw) and they've mailed it in. Mercer, ETSU, and those other schools have a better attitude about it.

Socon will get at least 2, no more than 4 this year in the playoffs. But my money is on 2-3.

kalm
October 21st, 2018, 12:43 PM
SLC and Socon have the most upstart/D1 converts in the FCS. A lot of the negative perception of these conferences derives from that.

In my opinion, what's really happening is those teams are finally legitimate.

Teams in the OVC and Big South have been at the subdivision for 10 years plus (except Kennesaw) and they've mailed it in. Mercer, ETSU, and those other schools have a better attitude about it.

Socon will get at least 2, no more than 4 this year in the playoffs. But my money is on 2-3.

Intriguing point and you may be right. Lance in the FCS Wedge Podcast (which you should all be listening to btw) suggested a few weeks ago that the bubble was going to be extremely soft, so you may be right. It could boil down to 7 win SLC's and SoCons vs. 6 win CAA, MVFC, and BSC teams. An 8 win JSU certainly could be a bracket buster as could SEMO. Heaven forbid Monmouth were to upset KSU and two from the BS get in again.

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2018, 01:00 PM
Intriguing point and you may be right. Lance in the FCS Wedge Podcast (which you should all be listening to btw) suggested a few weeks ago that the bubble was going to be extremely soft, so you may be right. It could boil down to 7 win SLC's and SoCons vs. 6 win CAA, MVFC, and BSC teams. An 8 win JSU certainly could be a bracket buster as could SEMO. Heaven forbid Monmouth were to upset KSU and two from the BS get in again.There's a real possibility that ETSU and Chatt finish with 8 wins, and if so, I think they get in. Socon could have 4 teams at 7-4 or greater.

People don't take ETSU seriously because they were a start up two years ago but they have a good coach, a good defense, and a team that's Scrappy. Mercer will probably make the playoffs in the next 2-3 years, if not this year.

Chattanooga is much improved on last year, but doesn't have a run game. They went 3-8 last year and for some reason forget they made the playoffs 2 years ago.

Samford could still get the autobid. Wofford is Wofford

I'll be honest, we could see some quick exits this year from the socon in the playoffs, but I think I'm underestimating many of these teams.

Gangtackle11
October 21st, 2018, 01:10 PM
There's a real possibility that ETSU and Chatt finish with 8 wins, and if so, I think they get in. Socon could have 4 teams at 7-4 or greater.

People don't take ETSU seriously because they were a start up two years ago but they have a good coach, a good defense, and a team that's Scrappy. Mercer will probably make the playoffs in the next 2-3 years, if not this year.

Chattanooga is much improved on last year, but doesn't have a run game. They went 3-8 last year and for some reason forget they made the playoffs 2 years ago.

Samford could still get the autobid. Wofford is Wofford

I'll be honest, we could see some quick exits this year from the socon in the playoffs, but I think I'm underestimating many of these teams.

Doing CAA Math it’s not inconceivable to have 6 CAA teams 7-4 or better. xpeacex

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2018, 01:21 PM
Doing CAA Math it’s not inconceivable to have 6 CAA teams 7-4 or better. xpeacexThis is a cool comment, but there are more CAA teams than there are Socon teams.

We could have 3 teams at 8-3.

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2018, 02:16 PM

UIW is # 41 in Massey, might have to look at some 6th and 7th place CAA/MFVC teams

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 02:19 PM
UIW is # 41 in Massey, might have to look at some 6th and 7th place CAA/MFVC teams

My point was, if McNeese stays in, then UIW has to be in. Traditionally speaking, UIW would not be sniffing the T25 but this has been one of the most parity leagues I have seen in awhile.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 21st, 2018, 02:22 PM
So question for everyone: When the usual suspects sit atop the top 10, everyone says the league is boring. Seemingly this year anybody can beat anybody. Is this better or worse? More fun or less fun to watch?

McCowboys
October 21st, 2018, 02:25 PM
I do not know if this has been noted anywhere on AGS, but congratulations to Northern Colorado. They suspended a bunch of players (twelve?) and then won their first game of the season and in spectacular fashion.
Maybe I should put them in my Top 25? (Just Kidding.) But I am happy they have won a game!

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2018, 02:42 PM
maybe I'll drop Mississippi Valley State into the 25 slot after the big win yesterday

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 03:18 PM
So question for everyone: When the usual suspects sit atop the top 10, everyone says the league is boring. Seemingly this year anybody can beat anybody. Is this better or worse? More fun or less fun to watch?

I mean we suck regardless so I'd rather suck and win.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 03:37 PM
UIW is # 41 in Massey, might have to look at some 6th and 7th place CAA/MFVC teamsI rated IW in the top 25 and I doubt that they would beat a single MVFC team, but what are you going to do, we won't know. There are two many freaking teams, in to many ****ty conferences that don't play anybody but yet they are expected to be treated "decently" in these polls.

dbackjon
October 21st, 2018, 05:47 PM
Can you still rank JSU but not SEMO?

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 05:59 PM

I mean, a voter can do whatever they want, but I ask this. Do we want this poll to mean something or do we want to turn it into a STATS/Coaches-esque poll?

dbackjon
October 21st, 2018, 06:05 PM
I mean, a voter can do whatever they want, but I ask this. Do we want this poll to mean something or do we want to turn it into a STATS/Coaches-esque poll?

Both are 5-2, SEMO beat JSU 37-14. Based on results, SEMO would be a better choice to be ranked. Don't rank either if you think neither are worthy. But ranking JSU but not SEMO is inaccurate, IMHO.

Cocky
October 21st, 2018, 06:07 PM

They whupped our ass.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 06:13 PM
Both are 5-2, SEMO beat JSU 37-14. Based on results, SEMO would be a better choice to be ranked. Don't rank either if you think neither are worthy. But ranking JSU but not SEMO is inaccurate, IMHO.

I am in agreement with you. That is why I said what I said. These are the scenarios:

Yes:
1) SEMO can be ranked and JSU can be ranked.
2) SEMO can be ranked and JSU can be out.
3) SEMO can remain out as well as JSU.

No:
1) SEMO can remain out and JSU can be ranked.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 06:18 PM
Both are 5-2, SEMO beat JSU 37-14. Based on results, SEMO would be a better choice to be ranked. Don't rank either if you think neither are worthy. But ranking JSU but not SEMO is inaccurate, IMHO.I put SEMO ahead of JSU, they both suck and that entire conference sucks but I suppose that at least one team should sniff the top 25.

dbackjon
October 21st, 2018, 06:28 PM
I am in agreement with you. That is why I said what I said. These are the scenarios:

Yes:
1) SEMO can be ranked and JSU can be ranked.
2) SEMO can be ranked and JSU can be out.
3) SEMO can remain out as well as JSU.

No:
1) SEMO can remain out and JSU can be ranked.

OK - read it wrong ;0

dbackjon
October 21st, 2018, 06:29 PM
I put SEMO ahead of JSU, they both suck and that entire conference sucks but I suppose that at least one team should sniff the top 25.

SEMO was my lone OVC team.

Murray is on my watch list (as is JSU)

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 06:33 PM
SEMO was my lone OVC team.

Murray is on my watch list (as is JSU)Yea, same here. I got Murray on the edge too, I really can't seem to nail much of anything down in the polls but most everybody is having the same issue. It is actually kind of cool. Hell, NDSU could lose at USD next week, that place is sometimes tough to play in.

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 06:34 PM
I think the fact you guys think SEMO is a top 25 team is absolutely hilarious.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 06:41 PM
I think the fact you guys think SEMO is a top 25 team is absolutely hilarious.None of the teams past #15 are worthy of any type of ranking. I can't wait to see your poll, what, do you have 3 Ivy's, a couple MEAC's and some PL's in there to round out the top 25 because when you get to 20 now, you are digging pretty deep.

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 06:45 PM
None of the teams past #15 are worthy of any type of ranking. I can't wait to see your poll, what, do you have 3 Ivy's, a couple MEAC's and some PL's in there to round out the top 25 because when you get to 20 now, you are digging pretty deep.
"Hey guys, who should we rank?"

"How about this SEMO team? They beat the worst team in the Missouri Valley by 4 and lost to EKU, but hey, they beat a team that went 1-1 against some underacheiving HBCUs, has more penalties thrown at them than Russia's Olympic Squad, and can't run the ball!"

dbackjon
October 21st, 2018, 06:49 PM

"How about this SEMO team? They beat the worst team in the Missouri Valley by 4 and lost to EKU, but hey, they beat a team that went 1-1 against some underacheiving HBCUs, has more penalties thrown at them than Russia's Olympic Squad, and can't run the ball!"

Yet everyone was ranking JSU with no issues up to this week.

And if JSU and SEMO's schedule/results were reversed, JSU would still be top 15-20.

Once I got past 15, every single team has major flaws.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 06:50 PM

"How about this SEMO team? They beat the worst team in the Missouri Valley by 4 and lost to EKU, but hey, they beat a team that went 1-1 against some underacheiving HBCUs, has more penalties thrown at them than Russia's Olympic Squad, and can't run the ball!"Gee, lets put the Grizzlies back in the poll, they had a bye week and did pretty well.

I think the polls this week are going to be hilarious. I have to travel on business most of the week so I might miss some of the fun. I am not going to post mine until about 20 other people post theirs.

Daytripper
October 21st, 2018, 07:13 PM
I have SEMO and UIW in my top 25. Both have done enough to deserve recognition. I love the fact that new teams are breaking through and kicking ass.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2018, 07:29 PM
I have SEMO and UIW in my top 25. Both have done enough to deserve recognition. I love the fact that new teams are breaking through and kicking ass.

UIW's unimpressive 4-3 record is "kicking ass"....xeyebrowx

And considering how weak the OVC is, I wouldn't consider SEMO "kicking ass" either....

World
October 21st, 2018, 07:31 PM
My point was, if McNeese stays in, then UIW has to be in. Traditionally speaking, UIW would not be sniffing the T25 but this has been one of the most parity leagues I have seen in awhile.

Well there you have it

McNeese then should not be in the top 25 after its destruction this week by an unranked Incarnate Word

Cocky
October 21st, 2018, 07:36 PM
Still standing with my prediction, we will have a long thread about the teams ranked below 15 or maybe 10 and how stupid you were to rank them.

World
October 21st, 2018, 07:37 PM
I think the fact you guys think SEMO is a top 25 team is absolutely hilarious.

Ok, thanks

then what does this imply about JSU (who got destroyed by SEMO) just this past week) and the top 25 rankings?

Reign of Terrier
October 21st, 2018, 07:40 PM
Still standing with my prediction, we will have a long thread about the teams ranked below 15 or maybe 10 and how stupid you were to rank them."summarize AGS in one post"

katss07
October 21st, 2018, 07:40 PM
So is it fair to say that UIW, McNeese, UCA, Sam and Nicholls are all playing for their playoff lives in the SLC? One more loss on the record would ethier be extremely damaging (UCA, McNeese, UIW) or downright an elimination (Sam, Nicholls). This conference is crazy!

Cocky
October 21st, 2018, 07:44 PM
UIW's unimpressive 4-3 record is "kicking ass"....xeyebrowx

And considering how weak the OVC is, I wouldn't consider SEMO "kicking ass" either....

How can you call the OVC weak with these OOC wins
MV State
Dayton
SIU
Morehead St 2X
BCU
Presbyterian

and yes that is all of them plus the SIU win was a quality loss (moral victory) for SIU.

It is more sad after you type it out.

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 08:01 PM
Ok, thanks

then what does this imply about JSU (who got destroyed by SEMO) just this past week) and the top 25 rankings?

It implys you should go take a great big swig of bleach.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2018, 08:03 PM
How can you call the OVC weak with these OOC wins
MV State
Dayton
SIU
Morehead St 2X
BCU
Presbyterian

and yes that is all of them plus the SIU win was a quality loss (moral victory) for SIU.

It is more sad after you type it out.

I stand corrected!

World
October 21st, 2018, 08:06 PM
It implys you should go take a great big swig of bleach.

So again,

SEMO completely and utterly destroys JSU

and you specifically state that SEMO should not be in the top 25

Thanks for underscoring that JSU was way too overrated and should also not be included in the top 25

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 08:07 PM
So again,

Thanks for underscoring that JSU was way too overrated and should also not be included in the top 25

Remind me again who Princeton has played to warrant a T25 consideration?

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2018, 08:09 PM
So again,

Get to drinking, troll.

McNeese75
October 21st, 2018, 08:10 PM
Dropping JSU and McNeese out of the top 25 might be a little harsh

Maybe down 10-12 spots?

I would say at least that much of a drop is warranted if not more. But, I also think that "Incarnate Word" school you are dismissing just might be better than you think they are. A frickin true freshman QB that runs the RPO as good as anyone I have seen this year.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2018, 08:26 PM
I would say at least that much of a drop is warranted if not more. But, I also think that "Incarnate Word" school you are dismissing just might be better than you think they are. A frickin true freshman QB that runs the RPO as good as anyone I have seen this year.

Don't feed the trolls.

dbackjon
October 21st, 2018, 08:31 PM
Still standing with my prediction, we will have a long thread about the teams ranked below 15 or maybe 10 and how stupid you were to rank them.

Or how stupid you are NOT to rank them :)

McNeese75
October 21st, 2018, 09:42 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

xlolx, yeah I know, dammit, like a ****ing moth to flames

McNeese72
October 22nd, 2018, 08:05 AM
Well there you have it

McNeese then should not be in the top 25 after its destruction this week by an unranked Incarnate Word

I have been saying for weeks that we were overrated. After this week, we don't deserve to be rated at all.

Doc

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2018, 08:28 AM
I have been saying for weeks that we were overrated. After this week, we don't deserve to be rated at all.

DocI still have you in the top 25, just barely. My gut tells me that this is the last week you guys are in my poll, don't think you are going to get it done vs. UCA