PDA

View Full Version : FCS National Awards Watch- Oct 15

Pages : 1 [2]

BEAR
October 20th, 2018, 10:33 PM
FCS national awards watch- UCA QB Luke Hakes 12/28- 5 TDs. Second game he's thrown 5 TDs as the third string QB has taken over the game.

grizband
October 20th, 2018, 10:45 PM
FCS national awards watch- UCA QB Luke Hakes 12/28- 5 TDs. Second game he's thrown 5 TDs as the third string QB has taken over the game.
12/28...ouch; is he usually inaccurate?

BEAR
October 20th, 2018, 11:08 PM
12/28...ouch; is he usually inaccurate?

Not usually. But he is the third string QB. 2 games throwing 5 tds isn't bad for the position he was put in.

grizband
October 21st, 2018, 12:09 AM
Not usually. But he is the third string QB. 2 games throwing 5 tds isn't bad for the position he was put in.It's not bad at all, especially considering your circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
October 21st, 2018, 09:26 AM
Ouch, Illinois State gets destroyed again by NDSU

28-14

- - - Updated - - -

You really like hyperbole, don't you ? Well try read the stat lines.

They came out strong and we came tentative, but kept fighting our way back. Game turned when we were on their 5 down 14, and threw a pick. Could have been donw 14-7 late in 1st half, but they marched 95 yards to go up 21-0 at half.

Outside of that, we held their vaunted RBs to 30 carries for 97 yards for 3.2 ypc. Our RBs had 26 carries for 156 yards for 6.0 ypc. Difference was their QB Stick passing (207 yards) and read option (70 yards) .. particularly couple passes early, and then read option runs.

But in a game featuring 2 strong run offenses and run defenses, our run game was better .. but their QB played very very well, especcially 1st half .. and ours played poorly .. that was the main difference in game. And they never shut it down on offense because they had to keep throwing and using Stick in read option to move the ball against us.

We got beat bad the 1st half, but hung tough entire 2nd half against best team in country. But if you think losing 28-14 to best team in FCS on the road with below stats is an example of getting "destroyed", I'd love to see how you would decribe what NDSU would do to Princeton ... but that will never happen .. will it ??

Enjoy your little "club team" sport .. and keep playing in your cocoon league with bad OOC games and no FCS playoffs.

Statistic ISU NDSU

Total Yds

Pass Yds

Rush Yds

Penalties
5-45
6-43

1st Downs

3rd Downs
4-12
10-16

4th Downs
0-0
0-0

Total Plays

Avg Yds/Play

Avg Yds/Completion

Avg Yds/Rush

BEAR
October 21st, 2018, 09:43 AM
It's not bad at all, especially considering your circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reflecting on the game I just realized we had several second and third strings in the entire second half. Saw several routes run opposite the pass. Total unfamiliarity by the two. But that is why they were in there. To learn the routes and learn the timing. No biggie.

SochorField
October 21st, 2018, 11:36 AM
McNesee State gets destroyed by unranked Incarnate Word

Incarnate Word - 45
McNeese State - 17

This guy is the most annoying troll.

World
October 21st, 2018, 12:50 PM
McNesee State gets destroyed by unranked Incarnate Word

Incarnate Word - 45
McNeese State - 17

World
October 21st, 2018, 12:56 PM

They came out strong and we came tentative, but kept fighting our way back. Game turned when we were on their 5 down 14, and threw a pick. Could have been donw 14-7 late in 1st half, but they marched 95 yards to go up 21-0 at half.

Outside of that, we held their vaunted RBs to 30 carries for 97 yards for 3.2 ypc. Our RBs had 26 carries for 156 yards for 6.0 ypc. Difference was their QB Stick passing (207 yards) and read option (70 yards) .. particularly couple passes early, and then read option runs.

But in a game featuring 2 strong run offenses and run defenses, our run game was better .. but their QB played very very well, especcially 1st half .. and ours played poorly .. that was the main difference in game. And they never shut it down on offense because they had to keep throwing and using Stick in read option to move the ball against us.

We got beat bad the 1st half, but hung tough entire 2nd half against best team in country. But if you think losing 28-14 to best team in FCS on the road with below stats is an example of getting "destroyed", I'd love to see how you would decribe what NDSU would do to Princeton ... but that will never happen .. will it ??

Enjoy your little "club team" sport .. and keep playing in your cocoon league with bad OOC games and no FCS playoffs.

Statistic ISU NDSU

Total Yds

Pass Yds

Rush Yds

Penalties
5-45
6-43

1st Downs

3rd Downs
4-12
10-16

4th Downs
0-0
0-0

Total Plays

Avg Yds/Play

Avg Yds/Completion

Avg Yds/Rush

actually, let me correct my statement...should be:

Illinois State gets completely destroyed by NDSU

the only reason for the even stats is that NDSU eased up in the 4th quarter feeling sorry for the much lower quality Illinois State team

Look for Illinois State to drop down significantly in the polls after being dominated by NDSU

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 03:49 PM

Statistic ISU NDSU

Total Yds

Pass Yds

Rush Yds

Penalties
5-45
6-43

1st Downs

3rd Downs
4-12
10-16

4th Downs
0-0
0-0

Total Plays

Avg Yds/Play

Avg Yds/Completion

Avg Yds/Rush

JFC, this is exactly why I hate when the Bison don't bury these mother****ers, this guy is trying to sell the fact that this was a close game or a decent effort. You got destroyed buddy and the Bison let you back up like we always do. BTW, Stick had an int deep in your end of the field as well in the first half.

This was a blow out until our freaking coaching staff looked at the scoreboard and decided not to embarrass a conference team. That is it and that is all and I am getting tired of it.

Redbird 4th & short
October 21st, 2018, 05:20 PM
JFC, this is exactly why I hate when the Bison don't bury these mother****ers, this guy is trying to sell the fact that this was a close game or a decent effort. You got destroyed buddy and the Bison let you back up like we always do. BTW, Stick had an int deep in your end of the field as well in the first half.

This was a blow out until our freaking coaching staff looked at the scoreboard and decided not to embarrass a conference team. That is it and that is all and I am getting tired of it.
You need to chill out. I was responding to World making more of the loss than it was. Act like you've been there before dude .. you have, many times over.

Fact is, our RBs did outgain your RBs. And you guys did dominant Q1 with +100 yards and then Q2 less so at +40 yards. We got some momentum going in Q3 (not Q4 like World hopes was the case) and we outgained NDSU by 90 yards; and then when you were trying to put game on ice in Q4, we outgained you by 30 yards. But if you're trying to say your coaches shut it down at half time, I highly doubt it.

Again .. I was responding to World being the troll he is. You needn't take any offense.

Catatonic
October 21st, 2018, 05:50 PM
ACU RB Billy McCrary should at least be in the “considered” list. He’s a human highlight film although Splitting touches with Tracy James keeps his stats from being as glittering as some.

https://twitter.com/acusports/status/1054130489257312258?s=21

FormerPokeCenter
October 21st, 2018, 06:07 PM
He's got a 10.8 in the hundred meters...I think that means he HAS to make the watch list ;)

it's unfortunate that he's in the Southland, though. A 10.8 won't get you out of a first round heat. If he played and ran in the Ivy, he'd be a legitimate contender for the league sprint crown! ;)

WestCoastAggie
October 21st, 2018, 06:22 PM

Statistic ISU NDSU

Total Yds

Pass Yds

Rush Yds

Penalties
5-45
6-43

1st Downs

3rd Downs
4-12
10-16

4th Downs
0-0
0-0

Total Plays

Avg Yds/Play

Avg Yds/Completion

Avg Yds/Rush

To his defense, the Ivy is getting lots of love from your favorite computer polls.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2018, 06:47 PM
You need to chill out. I was responding to World making more of the loss than it was. Act like you've been there before dude .. you have, many times over.

Fact is, our RBs did outgain your RBs. And you guys did dominant Q1 with +100 yards and then Q2 less so at +40 yards. We got some momentum going in Q3 (not Q4 like World hopes was the case) and we outgained NDSU by 90 yards; and then when you were trying to put game on ice in Q4, we outgained you by 30 yards. But if you're trying to say your coaches shut it down at half time, I highly doubt it.

Again .. I was responding to World being the troll he is. You needn't take any offense.Chilled, what you saw here was a combination of the screw up of the Eagles game and the way the Bison finish all their games when they are way up and your post, it was the Holy Trinity of events. I get you are trying to draw positives from the game, salute, it was great you guys hung in there but NDSU has lost second halves of games to teams that would make a billy goat puke. It is just who we are. Oh, and FIRE SCHWARTZ, SAVE SEASON.

Sorry, wrong thread on the last rant.

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2018, 07:16 PM
Dartmouth's Swann gets two more interceptions today.

Seven for the year on six games.

I caught a glimpse of him last week, pretty impressive player

World
October 21st, 2018, 07:21 PM

fully agree

a total blowout of Illinois State by NDSU

a total Blowout

World
October 21st, 2018, 07:24 PM

Again .. I was responding to World being the troll he is. You needn't take any offense.

actually, it was very obvious that NDSU let off the gas pedal in the 2nd half to allow for less of slaughter than was happening when it was 28-0

Redbird 4th & short
October 22nd, 2018, 09:52 AM
actually, let me correct my statement...should be:

Illinois State gets completely destroyed by NDSU

the only reason for the even stats is that NDSU eased up in the 4th quarter feeling sorry for the much lower quality Illinois State team

Look for Illinois State to drop down significantly in the polls after being dominated by NDSU

So you're doubling down on your trolling hyperbole ... not shocking coming from you, but did you bother to even check your facts ??

So let's look at Q3 stats ... we out-gained NDSU 150 to 65 in Q3. Their only TD came on a 17 yard drive after long punt return .. and you think they let up ? At half time .. seriously ?

Now look at Q4 stats ... we only out-gained them 64 to 41 ... not quite the picture you tried to paint, is it ??

Go back to boasting about your football programs "club team" and club team league .. and keep playing those weak OOC teams from bad conferences to pad your stats and record. You can never be proven wrong, can you ?

Redbird 4th & short
October 22nd, 2018, 10:11 AM
actually, it was very obvious that NDSU let off the gas pedal in the 2nd half to allow for less of slaughter than was happening when it was 28-0

missed this post .. so looks like your back pedaling from your previous post that said NDSU let up and we did all our damage in Q4. You're hilarious ... you must have looked at their 2nd half drive charts and realized the BS you spewed was just that ... BS. And that we did most of our damage in Q3 .. right troll ?? So now you change your narrative and say they shut it down at half time ... seriously ???

FUBeAR
October 22nd, 2018, 10:42 AM
Might want to take a look at adding Mercer’s ‘True’ FR WR, David Durden, to the Rice Award list.While the number of receptions isn’t as impressive as the other 2 WR’s you have ID’d...

WR Dev Holmes, Albany- 33 catches, 596 yards, 18.1ypc, 5 TD, 99.3ypg, 2 carries, 7 yards in 6 games.
WR Caleb Snead, Campbell- 17 catches, 341 yards, 20.1ypc, 4 TD, 56.8ypg in 6 games

...due to a bit of a slow start & having a 1st Team All SoCon WR Teammate getting most of the ‘targets,’ the overall contribution he is making to Mercer’s Team is quite impressive...

446 yds / 6 TD’s responsible (5 in the past 2 games)...and his highlights are something to behold.

Here is his “You Got Mossed” catch vs. The Citadel (at :26 https://twitter.com/espnnfl/status/1043889302889992192?s=21 ) and his KOR TD from this week where he just LEAVES the Catamount defenders ( https://twitter.com/mercerfootball/status/1054159720070766594?s=21 ). Just a couple of examples of his talent.

Receiving

#
Player
GP
NO
YDS
AVG
TD
Long
AVG/G

Durden, David

Kickoff Returns

#
Player
NO
YDS
AVG
TD
Long

Durden, David

Passing

#
Player
GP
Rating
COMP
ATT
INT
%
YDS
TD
Long
AVG/G

Durden, David
100.00 %

​Defensive

#
Player
GP
Solo
ASST
TOT
TFL-YDS
Sacks-YDS
INT
BU
QBH
FR
FF
KICK
SAF

Durden, David
0-0
0-0

Youngster has an incredible future ahead of him, IMO. I’m trying to get him to let me be his agent. ;-)

World
October 22nd, 2018, 11:07 AM
missed this post .. so looks like your back pedaling from your previous post that said NDSU let up and we did all our damage in Q4. You're hilarious ... you must have looked at their 2nd half drive charts and realized the BS you spewed was just that ... BS. And that we did most of our damage in Q3 .. right troll ?? So now you change your narrative and say they shut it down at half time ... seriously ???

Oh my...trouble for your Illinois State team this week..

By how much will Illinois State lose to SDSU?

3 TD's?
4 TD's?

Redbird 4th & short
October 22nd, 2018, 04:46 PM
Oh my...trouble for your Illinois State team this week..

By how much will Illinois State lose to SDSU?

3 TD's?
4 TD's?

you do realize you're posts are so predictable and obvious, and that you're just not good at this troll stuff .. right ??

World
October 22nd, 2018, 07:18 PM
you do realize you're posts are so predictable and obvious, and that you're just not good at this troll stuff .. right ??

ok, I see

So.....By how much will Illinois State lose to SDSU?

3 TD's?
4 TD's?

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2018, 07:36 AM
ok, I see

So.....By how much will Illinois State lose to SDSU?

3 TD's?
4 TD's?

whoa .. didn't see that coming .. repost .. very clever.

FormerPokeCenter
October 23rd, 2018, 08:07 AM
And subtle, too. The troll inherent to the question was hardly noticeable at all!

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2018, 09:02 AM
And subtle, too. The troll inherent to the question was hardly noticeable at all!
sort of like the question .. "so Mr Politician, do you still beat your wife ?".

He's an interesting one .. makes some of my annoyingly combative posts defending Spack's integrity look .. dare I say, semi-normal ???

Please don't start an AGS poll on that one !!!!!

Wildcat1997
October 23rd, 2018, 09:22 AM
ACU RB Billy McCrary has run for 691 yards on 75 Carrie's for a YPC of 9.2. He might not have enough carries to qualify for any awards though.

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2018, 11:16 AM
Chilled, what you saw here was a combination of the screw up of the Eagles game and the way the Bison finish all their games when they are way up and your post, it was the Holy Trinity of events. I get you are trying to draw positives from the game, salute, it was great you guys hung in there but NDSU has lost second halves of games to teams that would make a billy goat puke. It is just who we are. Oh, and FIRE SCHWARTZ, SAVE SEASON.

Sorry, wrong thread on the last rant.

No worries, but I ought to be able to respond and defend my team when World trolls misinformation with his BS .. then doubles back when he later realizes we didn't do all our damage in Q4 garbage time like he wanted people to think.

Appreciate your posts.

Outsider1
October 23rd, 2018, 12:11 PM
ACU RB Billy McCrary has run for 691 yards on 75 Carrie's for a YPC of 9.2. He might not have enough carries to qualify for any awards though.

If Billy, Tracy and Luke keep it up, they will get there; same with some of our defensive players.

FormerPokeCenter
October 23rd, 2018, 12:28 PM

Make sure your SID is turning in the stats....that would have him at the top of the heap. He's got more carries than a lot of people...