PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 7

superman7515
October 13th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Still looking for a few recaps to add but all of the basics are up. Only 40 teams again this week, so the ORV section is blank.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DSQAQf_eUzx4x4woPC4Bp9DEeMDHSWTEqIZ6aof7yOM/edit?usp=sharing

As always, if you see any issues, please send me a PM so I can fix it ASAP.

Eight losses in the Top 25 to teams either unranked or ranked lower, seems like one of those years where the Top 10 changes with the direction of the wind.

This week's under the radar team: The Campbell Fighting Camels have quietly moved to 5-1 against a suspect, at best, schedule. They're on the road against Monmouth (4-2) and Kennesaw State (6-1) for two of their next three games, sandwiched around a struggling Gardner-Webb. If they can't beat the Owls, they probably won't deserve any consideration for an at-large bid, but if they continue to play hot, maybe they can prove they aren't just relying on a soft schedule.

katss07
October 13th, 2018, 10:48 PM
There is going to be some crazy movement. Go ahead and bring up Davis, Maine, Delaware, Weber and UND. Big wins for those teams today. Move on down EWU, Elon, Wofford, Nicholls and Rhody. Wild weekend, fun weekend.

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2018, 10:58 PM
Too much parity from about 3ish down and not enough slots.

dewey
October 13th, 2018, 11:11 PM
Even though Idaho State lost today they are 4-2 with a loss to California 45-23 and lost in OT at UC Davis 44-37.

They should be a lock top 25 team IMHO.

Dewey
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181014/6d319c228322d50f88b6fdef3ba036d7.jpg

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2018, 11:12 PM
What a mess..... xlolx

World
October 13th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Still looking for a few recaps to add but all of the basics are up. .

here is the Princeton/Brown recap:

https://goprincetontigers.com/news/2018/10/13/football-davidson-defense-leads-princeton-to-48-10-win-over-brown-to-cap-first-5-0-start-in-12-years.aspx

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2018, 11:39 PM
Even though Idaho State lost today they are 4-2 with a loss to California 45-23 and lost in OT at UC Davis 44-37.

Dewey

Given the turmoil around them Idaho St actually moved up for me and they were already solidly within my top 25. UC Davis is a darn good team so taking them to OT on the road is impressive.

Normally I hate saying this because it's basically like this every week but I felt dirty ranking some of the teams I did in the in the 14-19 range. It's a much bigger cluster**** than normal in there!

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2018, 11:47 PM
I might even rank UNI this week. xlolx

dewey
October 13th, 2018, 11:49 PM
I might even rank UNI this week. xlolx

The crazy thing is I fully believe UNI would beat numerous teams others have ranked in the top 25.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2018, 12:16 AM

Dewey
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181014/6d319c228322d50f88b6fdef3ba036d7.jpg

Idaho State if for real and if people aren't considering and looking closely at them then they are not doing a good job.

World
October 14th, 2018, 12:50 AM
Idaho State if for real and if people aren't considering and looking closely at them then they are not doing a good job.

Yep, they certainly look very real

uofmman1122
October 14th, 2018, 01:05 AM
Not a single person should vote for Montana.

We are a trashfire football team.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Too much parity from about 3ish down and not enough slots.

aka Quickstar Ponzi Division

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 06:41 AM

Man, I would really like to see Dartmouth and Princeton in the Playoffs, both creeping up on top 10 here now

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2018, 07:25 AM
Have to give North Dakota credit for boat racing Montana. Watching most of that game, UM is not a playoff team.

UND plays like that down the stretch, they are in the playoffs easy.

Sammy94
October 14th, 2018, 08:19 AM
The crazy thing is I fully believe UNI would beat numerous teams others have ranked in the top 25.

Dewey

So would Samford

BisonBacker
October 14th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Not a single person should vote for Montana.

We are a trashfire football team.

Bobby ball doesn't look like its working that's for sure.

F'N Hawks
October 14th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Montana doesn't have an offensive line. End of story.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2018, 08:48 AM
So all you slot voters out there that had EWU about 15 spots ahead of Weber State, what are you going to do. I had them 23 spots ahead of Weber State, should I just flip them in the poll. xcoffeex

I have Idaho State in my poll for quite a while and will keep them in but this is a mess. Wofford didn't even look like a top 40 team yesterday, I mean teams have bad days but woof. Also, Youngstown <Butler<Valpo, yea, that is real.

Redbird 4th & short
October 14th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Given the turmoil around them Idaho St actually moved up for me and they were already solidly within my top 25. UC Davis is a darn good team so taking them to OT on the road is impressive.

Normally I hate saying this because it's basically like this every week but I felt dirty ranking some of the teams I did in the in the 14-19 range. It's a much bigger cluster**** than normal in there!
Professor .. yeesh, haven't you learned. if you lose, you have to move down. it doesn't matter who you play or how good they are or how bad they are ... win is a win, loss is a loss. SOS does not matter at all. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2018, 09:10 AM

He has a lot of work to do. Watching some of that game, Montana is not a good team.

jmu007
October 14th, 2018, 09:14 AM
I’m throwing out my entire poll and doing it over from scratch tonight. 1, 2, and 3 are set, but after this weekend.... 4-25 are killing me. I don’t see any way to do it short of just putting everyone’s resume out on paper and starting over.

How much of a factor will the loss of RB for SDSU be moving forward for them? Just curious as someone who doesn’t know much of anything about their roster after starters.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 09:18 AM
So all you slot voters out there that had EWU about 15 spots ahead of Weber State, what are you going to do. I had them 23 spots ahead of Weber State, should I just flip them in the poll. xcoffeex

I have Idaho State in my poll for quite a while and will keep them in but this is a mess. Wofford didn't even look like a top 40 team yesterday, I mean teams have bad days but woof. Also, Youngstown <Butler<Valpo, yea, that is real.

Just throw Darts as in Dartmouth ..... Top 10 easy

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2018, 09:23 AM
I’m throwing out my entire poll and doing it over from scratch tonight. 1, 2, and 3 are set, but after this weekend.... 4-25 are killing me. I don’t see any way to do it short of just putting everyone’s resume out on paper and starting over.

How much of a factor will the loss of RB for SDSU be moving forward for them? Just curious as someone who doesn’t know much of anything about their roster after starters.

SDSU goes as TC goes. He can carry that the whole team. Plus the defense is pretty good.

superman7515
October 14th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Everything is updated.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2018, 09:30 AM

How much of a factor will the loss of RB for SDSU be moving forward for them? Just curious as someone who doesn’t know much of anything about their roster after starters.Nothing, did you see what they did to YSU after he left the game.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Just throw Darts as in Dartmouth ..... Top 10 easyNo way

Serpentor
October 14th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Everything is updated.

Not everything...

*Gives Superman a thumbs up for his work* Now everything is up to date.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2018, 09:41 AM

SDSU losing Wallace is surely a blow but nothing they can't handle. They've got a veteran backup in Mikey Daniel and a freshman from Florida that's pretty dynamic in open space. Beyond that they still have playmakers at QB and WR. They'll be fine. Sucks for Wallace though since he was a senior. Not sure if he took a redshirt already or not but he just barely got into his 5th game of the season so he can't use the new redshirt rule or the old hardship rule to get an extra year.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 09:46 AM
No way

not on AGS for sure, too bad we will never know the truth

Redbird 4th & short
October 14th, 2018, 09:58 AM
SDSU losing Wallace is surely a blow but nothing they can't handle. They've got a veteran backup in Mikey Daniel and a freshman from Florida that's pretty dynamic in open space. Beyond that they still have playmakers at QB and WR. They'll be fine. Sucks for Wallace though since he was a senior. Not sure if he took a redshirt already or not but he just barely got into his 5th game of the season so he can't use the new redshirt rule or the old hardship rule to get an extra year.

Agreed ... I think SDSU will be just fine. Wallace stats (44 carries, 413 yards, 9.4 ypc) are pretty skewed by the 90-6 Ark PB game when he had 5 carries for 192 yards, or 38 ypc. Remove that from his season totals and he has 39 carries for 221 yards, 5.66 ypc ... roughly 75 yards per game ... nice numbers but not quite elite. SDSU reloads as well as anyone in FCS ... it's a loss, but they didnt skip a beat with next guy up .. Wilson had 16 carries, 119 yards for 7.4 ypc ... and Christion still got 89 yards rushing.

SoDakSA
October 14th, 2018, 10:03 AM

Luckily for SDSU, the drop off isn't too bad. In fact, there is a camp that thinks his freshman back--up should have been getting more carries before the injury. Sucks that it has to happen this way

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Agreed ... I think SDSU will be just fine. Wallace stats (44 carries, 413 yards, 9.4 ypc) are pretty skewed by the 90-6 Ark PB game when he had 5 carries for 192 yards, or 38 ypc. Remove that from his season totals and he has 39 carries for 221 yards, 5.66 ypc ... roughly 75 yards per game ... nice numbers but not quite elite. SDSU reloads as well as anyone in FCS ... it's a loss, but they didnt skip a beat with next guy up .. Wilson had 16 carries, 119 yards for 7.4 ypc ... and Christion still got 89 yards rushing.

Time for the NDSU/Redbird smack to get going...oh wait....xeyebrowx....with basically 1 Redbird poster on here, will it be any fun?

xdontknowx

Daytripper
October 14th, 2018, 10:12 AM
not on AGS for sure, too bad we will never know the truth

I instinctively undervalue Ivies in my poll simply because I can't see placing them in a high position that they are unwilling to defend through the playoffs. They need to start participating in the playoffs or leave the FCS.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 10:16 AM
I instinctively undervalue Ivies in my poll simply because I can't see placing them in a high position that they are unwilling to defend through the playoffs. They need to start participating in the playoffs or leave the FCS.

Yes, It appears the AGS poll is known for this, it is just the nature of the beast

jmufan999
October 14th, 2018, 10:42 AM
for those of you who take the computers into account, just note that JMU is #2 in both Sagarin and Massey. i'm not a computer guy, just pointing it out for those of you who are.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:49 AM

Do we continue to agree on things?

Yes, It appears the AGS poll is known for this, it is just the nature of the beast

I find it very hard to rate someone who isolates themselves from the rest. Hell, you could play 1 game of football a season and if you win, does that mean you are the best in the land since you went undefeated? At least NCAT played JSU to try and give themselves some competition and we all were grateful that they came to the school yard to play football, instead of calculate how much money they will waste by lowering themselves to the rest of us. I have no problem with people ranking the Ivies, but until they come out of the classroom and onto the gridiron, so to speak, I find it very difficult to do. That's not to say I have not done it before, since I have, but, I appreciate it when a team goes .500 or slightly better and they play the most pisspound schedule known to man. I'm looking at you UNI, who jumped back into the poll.

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Actually 2 of the 4 RB's for SDSU went down. The more critical factors is that several of the 605 Hogs (SDSU OL) are also out. Taryn can do a lot for the Jacks O, but he needs the OL to give some good blocking to do so. We'll know a lot more in 2 weeks, as face UNI then ISUr on the road. Get through those 2 with the W, then Jacks are definitely a top 3 team for Nov. Can't envision the Selection committee would send everybody through the Dakotas for the play-offs. But this Rabbit can dream. xthumbsupx

REALBird
October 14th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Time for the NDSU/Redbird smack to get going...oh wait....xeyebrowx....with basically 1 Redbird poster on here, will it be any fun?

xdontknowx

Were absolutely going to kick your butts, unless we don’t! BOOM! ��

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 11:03 AM
for those of you who take the computers into account, just note that JMU is #2 in both Sagarin and Massey. i'm not a computer guy, just pointing it out for those of you who are.

2 and 3 will most likely go down to this:

-Does SDSUs loss on the road in a 4pt game that came down to the wire look better OR worse compared to JMUs loss at home to Elon who beat JMU in the final minute or so?

After that is argued, one has to look at other factors.

-SDSU needed ISUb to **** the bed with game management to take them to OT in a shootout to escape with a W, YET, they are 4-0 against the rest of their schedule
-JMU has an extra loss to FBS NC St, who is undefeated with a cancelled game against WVU, but is also playing T25 ball in the FBS
-Both teams are absolutely piss pounding their opponents when they decide to open up the playbook.
-JMU is 0-1 against T25 FCS teams, WHEREAS, SDSU is 1-1
-JMU has the better SOS (13 to 20), BUT, SDSU has a cancelled game against a T25 team in Iowa St

These two teams are easily 2 and 3, it's going to be up to the voter to decide, in which order though. After Elon lost Cheek to what appears to be a serious knee injury, I can't see them sticking around that high and with EWU losing Gubrud to a foot injury (the backup is another one of those gunslingers they recruit) but is expected to return eventually, I feel like the only other school that has a stab at 2 or 3, would be UC-Davis. Some will say, what about KSU? Well, what about them?

Here is the quick UCD breakdown

-15/12 in Sagarin/Massey respectively
-1-0 against T25 FCS opponents
-FBS win and loss to SJ St and Stanford (played them quite well actually)
-SOS of 19

Here is the quick KSU breakdown

-8/19 in Sagarin/Massey respectively
-No T25 FCS opponents, yet
-FBS loss to GaSt, who they should have beaten
-SOS of 98

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Were absolutely going to kick your butts, unless we don’t! BOOM! ��

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29266&stc=1

Now 02 needs to start the Redbird/Bison thread and get this thing going....:D

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Actually 2 of the 4 RB's for SDSU went down. The more critical factors is that several of the 605 Hogs (SDSU OL) are also out. Taryn can do a lot for the Jacks O, but he needs the OL to give some good blocking to do so. We'll know a lot more in 2 weeks, as face UNI then ISUr on the road. Get through those 2 with the W, then Jacks are definitely a top 3 team for Nov. Can't envision the Selection committee would send everybody through the Dakotas for the play-offs. But this Rabbit can dream. xthumbsupx
IMO SDSU controls their own destiny as far as having homefield in the playoffs until Frisco. If they win out and go 9-1 I think they're #2 at worst.

katss07
October 14th, 2018, 11:20 AM
IMO SDSU controls their own destiny as far as having homefield in the playoffs until Frisco. If they win out and go 9-1 I think they're #2 at worst.
Really? I’m not seeing it. I get that to go 9-1 in the MVFC you have to be f’ing good. But I just get the feeling that an undefeated Kennesaw or JMU would get that #2 instead of SDSU. Not what I would do probably, but thinking in terms of what would they do.

Speaking of. So when does the committee come out with their top 10?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2018, 11:21 AM

I'm not sure...I bet a 9-2 JMU could easily go #2 also.

Question is if NDSU loses 1 game would they still be a top 2 seed? IMO, easily yes.

Daytripper
October 14th, 2018, 11:37 AM

Question is if NDSU loses 1 game would they still be a top 2 seed? IMO, easily yes.

Depends on who they lose to...

katss07
October 14th, 2018, 11:40 AM

If they lose this weekend then run the table? Yes. But a slip up against SIU or Youngstown probably kills their chances.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Really? I’m not seeing it. I get that to go 9-1 in the MVFC you have to be f’ing good. But I just get the feeling that an undefeated Kennesaw or JMU would get that #2 instead of SDSU. Not what I would do probably, but thinking in terms of what would they do.

Speaking of. So when does the committee come out with their top 10?
Neither Kennesaw or JMU would be undefeated either. JMU already has 2 losses including an FCS loss. There are a lot of variables I'm discounting regarding how SOS can change as the season goes along but I think a 9-1 SDSU would compare favorably to everyone other than a 11-0 or 10-1 NDSU.

EDIT: Actually NDSU dropping a game would probably hurt SDSU's chances quite a bit. If the only loss SDSU has is a 4 point road loss to the undisputed top seed along with a series of quality MVFC wins it's hard to argue they don't deserve the #2. If NDSU drops a game though that hurts SDSU's case even though it might give them a share of the conference title. So I guess I'll partially rescind/ammend my statement. They control their own destiny to the #2 seed unless NDSU loses (so they kinda don't control their destiny).

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2018, 11:43 AM

How much of a factor will the loss of RB for SDSU be moving forward for them? Just curious as someone who doesn’t know much of anything about their roster after starters.Were very deep at rb. The bigger issue is the two o linemen we lost vs the trees.
SDSU losing Wallace is surely a blow but nothing they can't handle. They've got a veteran backup in Mikey Daniel and a freshman from Florida that's pretty dynamic in open space. Beyond that they still have playmakers at QB and WR. They'll be fine. Sucks for Wallace though since he was a senior. Not sure if he took a redshirt already or not but he just barely got into his 5th game of the season so he can't use the new redshirt rule or the old hardship rule to get an extra year.Wilson is going to be really freaking good. That said, this sucks so much for Wallace, what a shame.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Were very deep at rb. The bigger issue is the two o linemen we lost vs the trees. Wilson is going to be really freaking good. That said, this sucks so much for Wallace, what a shame.

Wallace was a solid back. Nothing flashy, but found a way to move the chains consistently. Hate it when a player's season ends and even worse, collegiate career.

AmsterBison
October 14th, 2018, 11:54 AM
There is going to be some crazy movement. Go ahead and bring up Davis, Maine, Delaware, Weber and UND. Big wins for those teams today. Move on down EWU, Elon, Wofford, Nicholls and Rhody. Wild weekend, fun weekend.

Missouri State?

StrikeJMU
October 14th, 2018, 11:55 AM
2 and 3 will most likely go down to this:

-Does SDSUs loss on the road in a 4pt game that came down to the wire look better OR worse compared to JMUs loss at home to Elon who beat JMU in the final minute or so?

After that is argued, one has to look at other factors.

-SDSU needed ISUb to **** the bed with game management to take them to OT in a shootout to escape with a W, YET, they are 4-0 against the rest of their schedule
-JMU has an extra loss to FBS NC St, who is undefeated with a cancelled game against WVU, but is also playing T25 ball in the FBS
-Both teams are absolutely piss pounding their opponents when they decide to open up the playbook.
-JMU is 0-1 against T25 FCS teams, WHEREAS, SDSU is 1-1
-JMU has the better SOS (13 to 20), BUT, SDSU has a cancelled game against a T25 team in Iowa St

These two teams are easily 2 and 3, it's going to be up to the voter to decide, in which order though. After Elon lost Cheek to what appears to be a serious knee injury, I can't see them sticking around that high and with EWU losing Gubrud to a foot injury (the backup is another one of those gunslingers they recruit) but is expected to return eventually, I feel like the only other school that has a stab at 2 or 3, would be UC-Davis. Some will say, what about KSU? Well, what about them?

Here is the quick UCD breakdown

-15/12 in Sagarin/Massey respectively
-1-0 against T25 FCS opponents
-FBS win and loss to SJ St and Stanford (played them quite well actually)
-SOS of 19

Here is the quick KSU breakdown

-8/19 in Sagarin/Massey respectively
-No T25 FCS opponents, yet
-FBS loss to GaSt, who they should have beaten
-SOS of 98

Wasn't Villanova #25 this week?

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Wasn't Villanova #25 this week?

They left my poll exiting week 4 going into week 5.

I also pulled the stats from Supe's chart.

dbackjon
October 14th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Missouri State?

They reentered my poll

I dropped 5 teams from my poll, added 5 new ones

dbackjon
October 14th, 2018, 12:09 PM
UC-Davis has a good claim on #2:

Undefeated in FCS play
Beat a FBS team
Only loss is to 4-2 Stanford

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2018, 12:13 PM
UC-Davis has a good claim on #2:

Undefeated in FCS play
Beat a FBS team
Only loss is to 4-2 Stanford
They'd also be tough to ignore if they go 10-1. Same could be said for Towson but they all have a long way to go.

dbackjon
October 14th, 2018, 12:22 PM
They'd also be tough to ignore if they go 10-1. Same could be said for Towson but they all have a long way to go.

Yup - only #1 is clear-cut at this point - a number of teams can make a case for #2-5

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2018, 12:48 PM
So would Samford

Samford beat VMI, chill.

SU DOG
October 14th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Samford beat VMI, chill.

Is this actually a Yardbird fan dissing some other team's opponent? xlolx Yep, VMI is winless, but have lost their prior 3 SoCon games by a total of 15 points, including a 3 point loss to current leader ETSU. Meanwhile, JSU was playing that OVC powerhouse EIU, who granted is not winless - they beat a hapless Tenn Tech team, and that is it for their wins. xcoffeex

Honestly, I am not so much of a homer that Samford will be in my top 25 ballot this week. We don't deserve that right now I know. But YES, Samford would beat several of these ranked teams, now that our coaches have finally decided to let the offense play aggressively and let Hodges air it out.

This week at Furman will be a real test for Samford.

uofmman1122
October 14th, 2018, 01:54 PM
This. I knew it would be bad, but it's way worse than I thought.

How to beat Montana:
1. Stack the box with 8 or 9 guys and have one guy spy Sneed.
2. Stop the run. (Should be easy)
3. Force Sneed to pass, and watch him miss guys downfield because his downfield passing is suspect to say the least.
4. Exploit our defense that can't get pressure on the QB, while keeping the ball and grinding them into submission.
5. Cash in our increasing number of dumb turnovers.
6. Win, duh.

We've lost the TOP battle 2 to 1 for three straight weeks, and you can trace that almost directly back to the problems on the O-Line.

Hauck is a good coach, but Nick Saban would struggle getting this team to perform right now.

dbackjon
October 14th, 2018, 02:06 PM
This. I knew it would be bad, but it's way worse than I thought.

How to beat Montana:
1. Stack the box with 8 or 9 guys and have one guy spy Sneed.
2. Stop the run. (Should be easy)
3. Force Sneed to pass, and watch him miss guys downfield because his downfield passing is suspect to say the least.
4. Exploit our defense that can't get pressure on the QB, while keeping the ball and grinding them into submission.
5. Cash in our increasing number of dumb turnovers.
6. Win, duh.

We've lost the TOP battle 2 to 1 for three straight weeks, and you can trace that almost directly back to the problems on the O-Line.

Hauck is a good coach, but Nick Saban would struggle getting this team to perform right now.

But Snead was so much the better passer than Jensen

JacksFan40
October 14th, 2018, 02:09 PM
We’ll be seeded 4th and travel to Fargo for the semis.
#bookit

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 02:11 PM
We’ll be seeded 4th and travel to Fargo for the semis.
#bookit

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.11629888.2020/pp,550x550.jpg

RootinFerDukes
October 14th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Professor .. yeesh, haven't you learned. if you lose, you have to move down. it doesn't matter who you play or how good they are or how bad they are ... win is a win, loss is a loss. SOS does not matter at all. :D

Unless you're in the MVFC and all losses are the same as wins. Everyone gets a trophy at the end of the season.

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2018, 02:20 PM
Unless you're in the MVFC and all losses are the same as wins. Everyone gets a trophy at the end of the season.

They make a balm for your condition you know.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofurman
October 14th, 2018, 02:24 PM

Not a homer. Don’t see me in here pushing my team much. I am going to throw objective data out there. FURMAN should be about number 25. Here’s why:

Throw out Loss to Clemson. Ain’t nobody in FCS beating the top 3 undefeated Clemson Tigers Yet again they are an FBS playoff team. I would Dismiss that game for any team in FCS.

We got whipped by top TEN Elon when they were healthy. When they were the team that could beat JMU. before everyone got hurt yesterday

We beat top TEN Wofford BY 20. So those two games are interesting as we split w two top ten matchups.

Then we choked in first game w our QB Back and barely lost to top 20 ETSU 27-29. On road.

The. We beat top 40 Western Carolina again when they had Tyrone Adams healthy. We we were the team that sacked him and hurt him. Now Western is faltering as he is hurt and is the driving force of that team.

So we split w two top ‘ten FCS teams. And split w two top ‘30 FCS teams. Doesn’t that add up to being the middle of all that ? Which should be at least number 25? Easily. You could argue the split is more like number 20.

Just a thought. I would look at other teams the sane way w 2-2 FCS record vs that competition !!

RootinFerDukes
October 14th, 2018, 02:59 PM
The back half of the top 10 is really hard to decipher. It's a whole lot of meh from a SOS standpoint and teams in the 11-15 ranks this week look more enticing to move in with better SOS. Screw slot voting, I guess.

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Is this actually a Yardbird fan dissing some other team's opponent? xlolx Yep, VMI is winless, but have lost their prior 3 SoCon games by a total of 15 points, including a 3 point loss to current leader ETSU. Meanwhile, JSU was playing that OVC powerhouse EIU, who granted is not winless - they beat a hapless Tenn Tech team, and that is it for their wins. xcoffeex

Honestly, I am not so much of a homer that Samford will be in my top 25 ballot this week. We don't deserve that right now I know. But YES, Samford would beat several of these ranked teams, now that our coaches have finally decided to let the offense play aggressively and let Hodges air it out.

This week at Furman will be a real test for Samford.

Samford will lose three of their next four games.

Bison56
October 14th, 2018, 03:22 PM

Moral Victory Football Conference?

Schism55
October 14th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Not a homer. Don’t see me in here pushing my team much. I am going to throw objective data out there. FURMAN should be about number 25. Here’s why:

Throw out Loss to Clemson. Ain’t nobody in FCS beating the top 3 undefeated Clemson Tigers Yet again they are an FBS playoff team. I would Dismiss that game for any team in FCS.

We got whipped by top TEN Elon when they were healthy. When they were the team that could beat JMU. before everyone got hurt yesterday

We beat top TEN Wofford BY 20. So those two games are interesting as we split w two top ten matchups.

Then we choked in first game w our QB Back and barely lost to top 20 ETSU 27-29. On road.

The. We beat top 40 Western Carolina again when they had Tyrone Adams healthy. We we were the team that sacked him and hurt him. Now Western is faltering as he is hurt and is the driving force of that team.

So we split w two top ‘ten FCS teams. And split w two top ‘30 FCS teams. Doesn’t that add up to being the middle of all that ? Which should be at least number 25? Easily. You could argue the split is more like number 20.

Just a thought. I would look at other teams the sane way w 2-2 FCS record vs that competition !!
Not a good argument, WCU is bad

RootinFerDukes
October 14th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Moral Victory Football Conference?

That’s what they call it nowadays.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2018, 05:00 PM

Turning the ball over like we have in the last two games isn't really on him I don't think. We've been giving that ball to the other team with only about 10 yds. to score so much we can't win games like that. Now not sitting some guys giving the ball up would be on Boddy if it isn't corrected.

Turnovers were never a problem with Bobby's teams and I imaging in the future it will return to that. The rest of the O & D look fine if we hold on to the ball though we would have a better than average shot at being all in the win column right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2018, 05:01 PM

This is spot on. All freshman except for one guy.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2018, 05:17 PM

He is. A lot of trouble coming from receivers that are good but seem to lack the heart to go grab a ball too. Sneed does need to get some passes downfield placed a little better too.

You trying to say Sneed isn't better I guess which I can assure you he was when both were playing next to each other with the same tools at their disposal. Gresch was not real good at hitting people across the middle and was always in front or behind the receivers. Well, not always but it seemed like it.

gofurman
October 14th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Not a good argument, WCU is bad

THey aren't good but they were top 40ish WITH TYRIE ADAMS - Like when we played them. Then we did ourselves a disservice by knocking him out of the next two games - he is pretty gimpy w a bad rib injury... So Furman hurt ourselves by sacking the opposing QB. now wcu can't do anything without him ... He is a big-time game changer

funny when you do something you are supposed to and it hurts you like sack an opposing QB. They are toast without him. Hope he heals up.

You are right they have no D. But with him they had offense !

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 05:44 PM

Geez, the OL is usually not the right place for Freshman much less that many

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Do we continue to agree on things?

I find it very hard to rate someone who isolates themselves from the rest. Hell, you could play 1 game of football a season and if you win, does that mean you are the best in the land since you went undefeated? At least NCAT played JSU to try and give themselves some competition and we all were grateful that they came to the school yard to play football, instead of calculate how much money they will waste by lowering themselves to the rest of us. I have no problem with people ranking the Ivies, but until they come out of the classroom and onto the gridiron, so to speak, I find it very difficult to do. That's not to say I have not done it before, since I have, but, I appreciate it when a team goes .500 or slightly better and they play the most pisspound schedule known to man. I'm looking at you UNI, who jumped back into the poll.

I want to see the Ivies in the playoffs as much as anyone but Yale did play Maine and handled them pretty good

Is Maine in your top 25?

Dartmouth and Princeton are better than Yale and I would have to believe better than Maine as well, maybe much better

The eye test tells me these 2 teams have some talent and would hold there own with anyone minus a few teams in FCS

Not sure how long it's been this way as I admit up until this year the Ivy league was kind of a Vanilla milkshake mystery to me, but I have been paying
more attention this year, and very impressed

Shame we wont get to see them in the playoffs, bad for FCS

World
October 14th, 2018, 08:59 PM
I want to see the Ivies in the playoffs as much as anyone but Yale did play Maine and handled them pretty good

Is Maine in your top 25?

Dartmouth and Princeton are better than Yale and I would have to believe better than Maine as well, maybe much better

The eye test tells me these 2 teams have some talent and would hold there own with anyone minus a few teams in FCS

Not sure how long it's been this way as I admit up until this year the Ivy league was kind of a Vanilla milkshake mystery to me, but I have been paying

Princeton is very deep in talent this year

Maybe due to the fact that their recruiting class was #1 ranked in the FCS this year.

semobison
October 14th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Is Maine in your top 25?

Yale's win over Maine is impressive but their loss to Holy Cross is not. I think Princeton and Dartmouth are probably top 25 but I wish there was more evidence.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 09:00 PM

Is Maine in your top 25?

Maine was also missing their starting QB so that needs to be acknowledged before any arguments can be made. Using the transitive property is a false comparison and that needs to be agreed upon as well. Do I think Princeton and Dartmouth are solid programs? Yes. Do I think they should receive votes in the Top 25? Maybe. Will I vote for them at this point in the season? No.

World
October 14th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Maine was also missing their starting QB so that needs to be acknowledged before any arguments can be made. Using the transitive property is a false comparison and that needs to be agreed upon as well. Do I think Princeton and Dartmouth are solid programs? Yes. Do I think they should receive votes in the Top 25? Maybe. Will I vote for them at this point in the season? No.

Say, how do you think that Princeton or Darmouth would do against your MVFC teams?

Katfan
October 14th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Say, how do you think that Princeton or Darmouth would do against your MVFC teams?
Not to well! That is if you mean NDSU or SDSU

World
October 14th, 2018, 09:17 PM
Not to well! That is if you mean NDSU or SDSU

There are 10 teams in the MVFC and you point out the two that are ranked in the top 4 in all the FCS?

I would guess not many teams would do too well against NDSU and SDSU

How about the other 8 teams, say, for instance Youngstown State with its long winning tradition?

Youngstown State lost to #4 SDSU last week, 36-7. How do you think that Youngstown State would do against Princeton or Dartmouth?

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 09:23 PM

NDSU: Both would get curb stomped and it would not be pretty. It would be a name the score kind of game.

ISUr: Both would most likely lose, but ISUr has been known to randomly disappear.

SDSU: As long as TC is healthy, both would lose and just like NDSU, it would be a name the score.

Missery St: Would be a hard fought game but if you can't stop Payton Heusling, it would be a long day.

UNI: Depends which Dunne and Farley show up. Either 2-0 or 0-2 and that is the best way to describe it.

USeD: Would be a boat race between Simmons vs Lovett/Kyler. Whoever got the last possession would likely win the game.

WIU: Honestly, I think both Ivy teams would win (tough games) but since both teams do not rely on the run, it would be easier than if they were run first teams.

YSU: Dumpster Fire

ISUb: If they could manage the game properly, I think ISUb could beat both. I think most Valley fans would agree with this as well as ISUb has given Missery St and SDSU fits, but they couldn't manage the game and that cost them a 4-2 record.

SIU: Just have 11 guys follow Straub around the field and you will beat them.

The records would likely be anywhere from: 14-6 to 10-10. That said, it's AGS for a reason, though I have seen almost every game of Valley play this year and a good amount of FCS games as well, (I try to fully watch 4-5 games but I catch between 8-10/12 games) and I'll admit, the Ivies are usually the only league that puzzles me, but I feel like most Valley fans would say that if you took all 10 teams, the worst that would happen would be a .500 record.

dewey
October 14th, 2018, 09:24 PM

I was texting my a friend, who has been a big MT fan for about 30+ years, and he heard that Bobby said when he came in they had 18 receivers and 8 offensive lineman. If that is even remotely true that is a big problem. Combine that with turning the ball over that much and that spells doom. Now if they hadn't turned the ball over so much they would be. 7-0...6-1?

Bobby will be fine when he gets his players into the system and phase out Stitt's air raid offense.

Dewey

World
October 14th, 2018, 09:26 PM
NDSU: Both would get curb stomped and it would not be pretty. It would be a name the score kind of game.

ISUr: Both would most likely lose, but ISUr has been known to randomly disappear.

SDSU: As long as TC is healthy, both would lose and just like NDSU, it would be a name the score.

Missery St: Would be a hard fought game but if you can't stop Payton Heusling, it would be a long day.

UNI: Depends which Dunne and Farley show up. Either 2-0 or 0-2 and that is the best way to describe it.

USeD: Would be a boat race between Simmons vs Lovett/Kyler. Whoever got the last possession would likely win the game.

WIU: Honestly, I think both Ivy teams would win (tough games) but since both teams do not rely on the run, it would be easier than if they were run first teams.

YSU: Dumpster Fire

ISUb: If they could manage the game properly, I think ISUb could beat both. I think most Valley fans would agree with this as well as ISUb has given Missery St and SDSU fits, but they couldn't manage the game and that cost them a 4-2 record.

SIU: Just have 11 guys follow Straub around the field and you will beat them.

The records would likely be anywhere from: 14-6 to 10-10. That said, it's AGS for a reason, though I have seen almost every game of Valley play this year and a good amount of FCS games as well, (I try to fully watch 4-5 games but I catch between 8-10/12 games) and I'll admit, the Ivies are usually the only league that puzzles me, but I feel like most Valley fans would say that if you took all 10 teams, the worst that would happen would be a .500 record.

Well thanks for the info

so in summary, of all 10 MVFC teams, there is only ONE team, NDSU, that you would feel comfortable in saying that both Princeton and Dartmouth would lose against.

and that one team, NDSU, happens to be the #1 ranked team in the whole FCS

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Well thanks for the info

so in summary, of all 10 MVFC teams, there is only ONE team, NDSU, that you would feel comfortable in say that both Princeton and Dartmouth would lose against.

and that one tea, NDSU, happens to be the #1 ranked team in the whole FCS

Plus SDSU... If the UNI that showed up against NDSU showed up, give me them as well as ISUr. There are 4 teams I'd bet to beat both Princeton and Dartmouth. I'd love for one of these teams to schedule a H-H with NDSU. Hell, NDSU pays a pretty penny to get an FCS team out here and we have 2020 open.

semobison
October 14th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Well thanks for the info

so in summary, of all 10 MVFC teams, there is only ONE team, NDSU, that you would feel comfortable in saying that both Princeton and Dartmouth would lose against.

and that one team, NDSU, happens to be the #1 ranked team in the whole FCS

My summary from what I got from Kingpin's post is completely different. In summary if Princeton and Dartmouth played a Valley schedule they would end up anywhere from 6-2 to 2-6.
You can talk em up all you want but their just isn't the evidence to support how they would fare one way or the other.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 09:49 PM
My summary from what I got from Kingpin's post is completely different. In summary if Princeton and Dartmouth played a Valley schedule they would end up anywhere from 6-2 to 2-6.
You can talk em up all you want but their just isn't the evidence to support how they would fare one way or the other.

I was trying to give World the best idea I could give, based off what we know about their pathetic schedules, and I think that is a fair assessment for both teams. They would not be the premier teams in the league but they would not be the bottom of the barrel either. I would probably say closer to .500 based off of what I know, but when teams refuse to play top teams in the OOC, it makes it difficult to project where they may or may not finish.

World
October 14th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Plus SDSU... If the UNI that showed up against NDSU showed up, give me them as well as ISUr. There are 4 teams I'd bet to beat both Princeton and Dartmouth. I'd love for one of these teams to schedule a H-H with NDSU. Hell, NDSU pays a pretty penny to get an FCS team out here and we have 2020 open.

Ok, I see

Regarding SDSU, Youngstown State lost to #4 SDSU last week, 36-7.

Youngstown State also lost to Butler, which got totally destroyed by Princeton 50-7

My guess is Princeton would destroy Youngstown State by a higher amount that the SDSU 36-7 score, don't you think?

So......... what do you think that Princeton would do to SDSU based on the above FACTS?

World
October 14th, 2018, 09:57 PM

Ok, good points

my guess is that Princeton and Dartmouth each would be anywhere from 7-1 to 5-3 with the MVFC

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Ok, I see

Youngstown State also lost to Butler, which got totally destroyed by Princeton 50-7

My guess is Princeton would destroy Youngstown State by a higher amount that the SDSU 36-7 score, don't you think?

So......... what do you think that Princeton would do to SDSU based on the above FACTS?

You're using the transitive property again, which is a false comparison that does NOT work. Also, the bunnies lost their starting RB for the season in that game so that needs to be take into consideration. TC threw 16 passes which means all they wanted to do was run the ball. Hell they put up 90 this season already. My point being is that, with what we know, SDSU took their foot off the gas and played nice with Bo Pelini. I told you SDSU could name the score against Princeton and it would not even be close. It would in fact, be extremely ugly for Princeton and I know they would be ran off the field, both literally and figuratively.

World
October 14th, 2018, 10:04 PM
You're using the transitive property again, which is a false comparison that does NOT work. Also, the bunnies lost their starting RB for the season in that game so that needs to be take into consideration. TC threw 16 passes which means all they wanted to do was run the ball. Hell they put up 90 this season already. My point being is that, with what we know, SDSU took their foot off the gas and played nice with Bo Pelini. I told you SDSU could name the score against Princeton and it would not even be close. It would in fact, be extremely ugly for Princeton and I know they would be ran off the field, both literally and figuratively.

actually, Princeton also took the foot off the gas in its 50-7 win against Butler in the second quarter after they were leading 44-7. This is a Butler that beat Youngstown State, which barely lost to SDSU...

My guess is that you would be wrong in saying that a Princeton/SDSU game wouldn't even be close - and Butler and Youngstown state would also say that you would be wrong in saying this.

So in summary, it appears that the Princeton/SDSU game would be a good fight but Princeton wins by 2 TD's minimum.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:07 PM
actually, Princeton also took the foot off the gas in its 50-7 win against Butler in the second quarter after they were leading 44-7. This is a Butler that beat Youngstown State, which barely lost to SDSU...

My guess is that you would be wrong in saying that a Princeton/SDSU game wouldn't even be close - and Butler and Youngstown state would also say that you would be wrong in saying this.

So in summary, the Princeton/SDSU game would be a good fight but Princeton wins by 2 TD's minimum.If 36-7 is barely lost, then yes, ysu barely lost to sdsu. Are you honestly this naïve?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

semobison
October 14th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Ok, I see

Further, what do you think that Princeton would do to SDSU based on the above FACTS?

AGS, Yale beat Maine but lost to 1-6 Patriot League Holy Cross. **** happens in College football....
AGS!

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:08 PM

So in summary, it appears that the Princeton/SDSU game would be a good fight but Princeton wins by 2 TD's minimum.Please keep digging your grave, I am enjoying your lack of knowledge on anything outside of Princeton.

You are the Emory of Ivy League Football.

World
October 14th, 2018, 10:11 PM
If 36-7 is barely lost, then yes, ysu barely lost to sdsu. Are you honestly this naïve?

Huh?

Naive?

Naive would be the person that says that:

"I told you SDSU could name the score against Princeton and it would not even be close. It would in fact, be extremely ugly for Princeton and I know they would be ran off the field, both literally and figuratively."

After knowing full well that the team that SDSU beat by 36-7 lost to Butler, which got utterly destroyed by Princeton 50-7, even though Princeton took the foot off the gas early in the 2nd quarter of that game.

World
October 14th, 2018, 10:12 PM
Please keep digging your grave, I am enjoying your lack of knowledge on anything outside of Princeton.

and there you have it, the insults start again from the trade school alumnus

semobison
October 14th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Please keep digging your grave, I am enjoying your lack of knowledge on anything outside of Princeton.

Im thinking to myself. This guy is about 12 or 13 after reading some of his posts!

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Huh?

Naive?

Naive would be the person that says that:

"I told you SDSU could name the score against Princeton and it would not even be close. It would in fact, be extremely ugly for Princeton and I know they would be ran off the field, both literally and figuratively."

After knowing full well that the team that SDSU beat by 36-7 lost to Butler, which got utterly destroyed by Princeton 50-7, even though Princeton took the foot off the gas early in the 2nd quarter of that game.You literally said it was a close game for ysu and sdsu. If a 29 point game is close, then 90-3 must be an average score. xcoffeex

I can't ****ing believe I am defending SDSU this much. Damnit! Thumper, where the hell are you so I can back to admiring your avatar?

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:15 PM
and there you have it, the insults start again from the trade school alumnusYou ****ing think a 29 point game is close! You're damn right I'm calling you the Emory of Ivy League Football. Everyone else would agree with me.

katss07
October 14th, 2018, 10:15 PM
and there you have it, the insults start again from the trade school alumnus
Be happy. He didn’t call you Jay Walker.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:16 PM
Im thinking to myself. This guy is about 12 or 13 after reading some of his posts!The fact that I have to defend sdsu is damn near burning my soul but when people like this have no clue how gridiron football works, I have to come to the rescue of little brother.

Or, he is the best troll out there and I'd give him a hell of a golf clap for it.

dewey
October 14th, 2018, 10:17 PM
My issue with the Ivy League teams is not only do they not participate in the playoffs but their OOC schedules are a joke.

Here is Princeton's.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181015/b96ab81aa23cd9736f96e8aa9a00e283.jpg

Who is the best OOC opponent? Monmouth?

This is the same Monmouth team that got absolutely blasted by Northern Iowa last year in the 1st round of the playoffs. It is a different year. I understand that.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Be happy. He didn’t call you Jay Walker.I reserve that for Jay Walker and only Jay Walkeresque people.

World
October 14th, 2018, 10:18 PM
You literally said it was a close game for ysu and sdsu. If a 29 point game is close, then 90-3 must be an average score. xcoffeex

I can't ****ing believe I am defending SDSU this much. Damnit! Thumper, where the hell are you so I can back to admiring your avatar?

actually, a 29 point game is close compared to the 50-7 slaughter of a team that beat Youngstown State, the team that lost in the 29 point game

World
October 14th, 2018, 10:28 PM
My issue with the Ivy League teams is not only do they not participate in the playoffs but their OOC schedules are a joke.

Here is Princeton's.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181015/b96ab81aa23cd9736f96e8aa9a00e283.jpg

Who is the best OOC opponent? Monmouth?

This is the same Monmouth team that got absolutely blasted by Northern Iowa last year in the 1st round of the playoffs. It is a different year. I understand that.

Dewey

Say, and how did the first of Princeton's opponents, Butler, which it destroyed 50-7 after taking it easy in the 2nd quarter on, do against the teams in your MVFC this year?

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2018, 10:35 PM
actually, a 29 point game is close compared to the 50-7 slaughter of a team that beat Youngstown State, the team that lost in the 29 point game
Nah, Princeton wouldn't even beat Youngstown St.

YSU beat SIU 17-14
SIU beat Murray St 49-10
Murray St beat Tennessee St 45-21
Tennessee St beat Bethune-Cookman 34-3
Bethune-Cookman beat South Carolina St 28-26
South Carolina St beat Morgan St 21-18
Morgan St beat NC A&T 16-13
NC A&T beat East Carolina 28-23
East Carolina beat North Carolina 41-19
North Carolina beat Pittsburgh 38-35
Pittsburgh beat Syracuse 44-37
Syracuse beat UConn 51-21
UConn beat Rhode Island 56-49
and Rhode Island beat Brown (48-0) by more than Princeton did (48-10)

FACTS!

semobison
October 14th, 2018, 10:36 PM

Using Youngstown State especially this year as an apparent measuring stick is insane. Using Butler, any year is even worse!
What is Princetons best win against a ranked team? Who have they beat with a winning record?
i can respect your opinion but that's all it is.....your opinion!
I got them in the Top 25 but I do it with reservation because of who they have played. The eye test only goes so far.

dewey
October 14th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Say, and how did the first of Princeton's opponents, Butler, which it destroyed 50-7 after taking it easy in the 2nd quarter on, do against the teams in your MVFC this year?

Yawn. Because the transitive property is absolutely fool proof. Right?

So if I follow your logic.

Butler beat YSU 23-21, and Princeton beat Butler 50-7. Total point differential of 45 points between Princeton and YSU. 43 points better than Bulter.

So Drake beat Butler 36-6 and Montana beat Drake 48-16. That means Montana is 62 points better than Butler.

Does that mean that Montana is better than Princeton?

The transistive property is not fool proof for football.
Please tell me who was the last ranked team Princeton beat in the OOC.

Dewey

semobison
October 14th, 2018, 10:38 PM

YSU beat SIU 17-14
SIU beat Murray St 49-10

FACTS!

Wow! I guess that proves it then. Well done!

dewey
October 14th, 2018, 10:40 PM

YSU beat SIU 17-14
SIU beat Murray St 49-10

FACTS!Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181015/1be01ee5b12f5f3cf0de87c713bc2390.jpg

World
October 14th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Using Youngstown State especially this year as an apparent measuring stick is insane. Using Butler, any year is even worse!
What is Princetons best win against a ranked team? Who have they beat with a winning record?
i can respect your opinion but that's all it is.....your opinion!
I got them in the Top 25 but I do it with reservation because of who they have played. The eye test only goes so far.

Well, let me see if I can understand this from a MVFC person

whenever an example is used where an outside the MVFC conference team beats a team from the MVFC one shouldn't count it?

oh, ok, thanks for the guidance on this matter

Go...gate
October 14th, 2018, 10:47 PM
This is a hell of a Princeton team - they took it easy on Brown and pulled many starters. They could easily have put up sixty points or more.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:49 PM
This is a hell of a Princeton team - they took it easy on Brown and pulled many starters. They could easily have put up sixty points or more.Yes and sdsu put up 90 points on ARPB? What's your point?

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:50 PM
actually, a 29 point game is close compared to the 50-7 slaughter of a team that beat Youngstown State, the team that lost in the 29 point gameYou really are this dense? Say, where have you been before this season? A poster of your caliber should have more than 500ish posts since 2012? I mean using the transitive property, I have almost 12k in 3 years so you should have 24k, right? Isn't this how it works?

Go...gate
October 14th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Yes and sdsu put up 90 points on ARPB? What's your point?

False comparison and you know it. What, if eastern teams don't play you guys they are no good? Dream on.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:53 PM
False comparison and you know it. What, if eastern teams don't play you guys they are no good? Dream on.Now you're catching on to the mockery I am making of World. World said sdsu would lose by 2 scores but they beat a team by 87 points and since Princeton hasn't, that automatically means they are better. I mean THESE ARE THE FACTS.

Go...gate
October 14th, 2018, 10:54 PM
Now you're catching on to the mockery I am making of World. World said sdsu would lose by 2 scores but they beat a team by 87 points and since Princeton hasn't, that automatically means they are better. I mean THESE ARE THE FACTS.

Those are the facts as you see them. A number of us beg to differ.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Those are the facts as you see them. A number of us beg to differ.The high and mighty ivy leaguers and wannabe ivy leaguers VS the rest of the FCS? No one in their right mind believes Princeton would beat SDSU otherwise they would be a top 3 team.

World
October 14th, 2018, 11:13 PM
This is a hell of a Princeton team - they took it easy on Brown and pulled many starters. They could easily have put up sixty points or more.

Well said

worth another read

World
October 14th, 2018, 11:15 PM
The high and mighty ivy leaguers and wannabe ivy leaguers VS the rest of the FCS? No one in their right mind believes Princeton would beat SDSU otherwise they would be a top 3 team.

Actually, undefeated Dartmouth and Colgate would also beat SDSU

katss07
October 14th, 2018, 11:22 PM
You’re crazy. And delusional. Dartmouth isn’t in the same zip code as SDSU. And this is coming from a Sam Houston fan. I don’t care about common opponent’s common opponent.

As for Colgate, we’ll get to see who is better. Unlike the IL, they compete for something.

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2018, 11:34 PM

I can’t believe you’re trying to argue with someone who thinks the transitive property works in any level of football.......he probably also thinks that the Coaches Poll is the end all be all because coaches know football better than anyone.

As to the Colgate/Dartmouth thing, one has the balls to take the chance to prove it. I hope to see them in the playoffs.

How bout this? If Colgate should make the playoffs, IF they play SDSU, and IF SDSU beats them by two scores or more, by your logic you would agree that would mean SDSU would do the same to Princeton?

Or, to take all those IFs out of it, let’s make it simple. If Colgate gets destroyed in the playoffs, will you learn that you transitive property is dumb?

World
October 15th, 2018, 12:12 AM
I can’t believe you’re trying to argue with someone who thinks the transitive property works in any level of football.......he probably also thinks that the Coaches Poll is the end all be all because coaches know football better than anyone.

As to the Colgate/Dartmouth thing, one has the balls to take the chance to prove it. I hope to see them in the playoffs.

How bout this? If Colgate should make the playoffs, IF they play SDSU, and IF SDSU beats them by two scores or more, by your logic you would agree that would mean SDSU would do the same to Princeton?

Or, to take all those IFs out of it, let’s make it simple. If Colgate gets destroyed in the playoffs, will you learn that you transitive property is dumb?

Well then

and if Colgate proceeds in the playoffs to the Championship game like it did several years ago, then you would be considered a moron.

cx500d
October 15th, 2018, 12:13 AM
You’re crazy. And delusional. Dartmouth isn’t in the same zip code as SDSU. And this is coming from a Sam Houston fan. I don’t care about common opponent’s common opponent.

As for Colgate, we’ll get to see who is better. Unlike the IL, they compete for something.

Apparently colgate students are smarter than ivy students because they are somehow intelligent enough to be able to take finals while competing in athletics. Maybe it’s just ivy football players that are dumb since all the other sports seem to balance sports and finals

cx500d
October 15th, 2018, 12:15 AM
Well then

and if Colgate proceeds in the playoffs to the Championship game like it did several years ago, then you would be considered a moron.

i would be pleased as punch IF Colgate makes it to the finals...

MTfan4life
October 15th, 2018, 12:43 AM

And after a handful of years of mostly silence with occasional interjections, thefan has returned to his old form of equating top level Patriot competition with top level MVFC competition. Colgate just has to manage to not lose to your Lehigh once again so we can see how they fare in the playoffs. Their defense is pretty stout, but I'd like to see a little better of an offense before I go around claiming they'd beat top level teams. They're a solid 15-20 team right now, though.

Redbird 4th & short
October 15th, 2018, 01:01 AM
let's give this a run ...

6-0 Colgate beat 1-5 Holy Cross 1 by 7

1-5 Holy Cross 1 beat 3-2 Yale by 3

3-2 Yale beat 4-2 Maine by 21

4-2 Maine beat 1-5 UNH by 28

1-5 UNH beat Holy Cross 2 by 28 ... who beat Yale by 3, who beat Maine by 21, who beat UNH by 28 ... wait ... WTF, how can that be ?????

Using this daisy chain, Holy Cross 1 would have beaten UNH by 52 .. but Holy Cross 2 lost by 28 ... that's an 80 point difference. So that means Holy Cross 1 should beat Holy Cross 2 by 80.. then Colgate should beat Holy Cross 2 by 87 ... but only beat Holy Cross 1 by 7

And around and around we go.

For perspective, Colgate is 6-0 for having played the 83rd ranked SOS per Massey. Their 6 opponents to date have a combined 8-29 record. They play in the Patriot league which is the 10th ranked conference out of 13 .. the bottom 4 of which are indecipherable from each other. Colgate will not likely play a conference opponent ranked higher than #75 all year. Their hardest test so far was 1-5 UNH which they did win by 7 points. Their only real test of year will be game against Army.

BisonTru
October 15th, 2018, 01:11 AM
Personally I have Colgate ranked pretty damn high. Colgate, Dartmouth, and Princeton are all doing what a top 10 team would do with their weak schedules. With Colgate we will find out in the playoffs if they are real and I can drop them if they get exposed. With Dartmouth and Princeton it's just hard to rank them in the top 10 because we are never going to find out if they truly belong up with the elites of the division. They might belong, they might not, but we aren't going to find out.

World
October 15th, 2018, 01:12 AM
let's give this a run ...

6-0 Colgate beat 1-5 Holy Cross 1 by 7

1-5 Holy Cross 1 beat 3-2 Yale by 3

3-2 Yale beat 4-2 Maine by 21

4-2 Maine beat 1-5 UNH by 28

1-5 UNH beat Holy Cross 2 by 28 ... who beat Yale by 3, who beat Maine by 21, who beat UNH by 28 ... wait ... WTF, how can that be ?????

Using this daisy chain, Holy Cross 1 would have beaten UNH by 52 .. but Holy Cross 2 lost by 28 ... that's an 80 point difference. So that means Holy Cross 1 should beat Holy Cross 2 by 80.. then Colgate should beat Holy Cross 2 by 87 ... but only beat Holy Cross 1 by 7

And around and around we go.

For perspective, Colgate is 6-0 for having played the 83rd ranked SOS per Massey. Their 6 opponents to date have a combined 8-29 record. They play in the Patriot league which is the 10th ranked conference out of 13 .. the bottom 4 of which are indecipherable from each other. Colgate will not likely play a conference opponent ranked higher than #75 all year. Their hardest test so far was 1-5 UNH which they did win by 7 points. Their only real test of year will be game against Army.

and yet Colgate will advance several rounds in the FCS playoffs

how about that

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2018, 05:39 AM
and yet Colgate will advance several rounds in the FCS playoffs

how about thatSeveral implies 3 or more, so since you won't take the Lovett bet of 100 of him winning the Payton, I'll bet you this, since you are so confident.

Colgate will NOT win a Quarterfinal game.

Thumper 76
October 15th, 2018, 06:55 AM
Well then

Absolutely. FTR I don’t think several years is an accurate term for something that happened a decade and a half ago.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2018, 07:05 AM
Well then

xlolx

Colgate will not sniff the NC game....xlolx

Say no to drugs pal...xlolx

ElCid
October 15th, 2018, 07:18 AM
Maine was also missing their starting QB so that needs to be acknowledged before any arguments can be made.

Just FYI, so was Mercer's QB this past week. If he plays, Yale loses to Mercer. He was seriously better than their back up, who is actually pretty good himself. Unfortunately for them, he is down for season. He broke his collar bone when we played them.

superman7515
October 15th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Homer Alert: Delaware snuck into my Top 25 for the first time since 2012 today. Mea culpa.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Actually, undefeated Dartmouth and Colgate would also beat SDSUAre you trolling just so you can win that Ivy homer poll or are you really that stupid. What do you want to bet that Colgate doesn't make the semi's which would require advancing "several" rounds.

JacksFan40
October 15th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Maybe, if SDSU draws Colgate we’ll find out. To bad the Ivies are worried about their damn pride so much, we’ll never find out how Dartmouth stacks up.
If the SDSU that lost by 4 to NDSU shows up, SDSU beats both by 20+, if the SDSU that needed OT to beat Indiana State shows up, Jacks lose by 10.

Derby City Duke
October 15th, 2018, 09:36 AM
xpopcornx

World seems to be the kind of person who takes a perverse delight in having to prove himself to be the smartest person in the room -- even when he's by himself...

At rate, it's an empty argument since not a single Ivy school will play football beyond the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving.

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Maybe Princeton and Dartmouth climbing the polls this year will put more pressure on the Ivy League presidents to allow their teams to compete in the FCS playoffs? It has to be infuriating for the coaches and players on those teams. I'm sure they're competitors who want to prove themselves on the highest competitive stage the subdivision offers.

It probably won't move the needle with the IL leadership but one can hope...

GoBlueHens83
October 15th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Well then

Refresh my memory here. What happened to Colgate in that 2003 Championship game again?

World
October 15th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Refresh my memory here. What happened to Colgate in that 2003 Championship game again?

actually, the better question would be, what happened to all those non-Ivy and non-Patriot league teams that faced Colgate in the playoffs as Colgate won its way to the 2003 Championship game?

GoBlueHens83
October 15th, 2018, 10:15 AM
actually, the better question would be, what happened to all those non-Ivy and non-Patriot league teams that faced Colgate in the playoffs as Colgate won its way to the 2003 Championship game?

Colgate had a couple nice wins on the way to the championship, you are right about that.

At least at the end of the season Colgate will actually have to prove on the field how good they are. They won't need to tell everyone on message boards that they are great, while playing no one of note, and sitting out the playoffs.

JSUSoutherner
October 15th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Ok, I see

You must spend a lot of time here.

https://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com

JSUSoutherner
October 15th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Can't argue with FACTS.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181015/19cc2bf6b5074fd71733cb35cd67210c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 15th, 2018, 10:27 AM
The playoffs are all about matchups and defending your home turf. If Colgate can get 1 home game then I can easily see them winning 2 games with the right draw. But they could easily lose their first round game if they're sent packing against a Top 10 team. The Raiders are really good. The PL has a history of producing 1 legit team time to time. I'd put this Raiders team on par with Fordham in 2013 and Lehigh in 2011.

Lorne_Malvo
October 15th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Yawn. Because the transitive property is absolutely fool proof. Right?

So if I follow your logic.

Butler beat YSU 23-21, and Princeton beat Butler 50-7. Total point differential of 45 points between Princeton and YSU. 43 points better than Bulter.

So Drake beat Butler 36-6 and Montana beat Drake 48-16. That means Montana is 62 points better than Butler.

Does that mean that Montana is better than Princeton?

The transistive property is not fool proof for football.
Please tell me who was the last ranked team Princeton beat in the OOC.

Dewey

Even with the famous myteamisbetterthanyours transitive site:

https://i.imgur.com/XKk5YZe.png

Lorne_Malvo
October 15th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Can't argue with FACTS.

Try Abilene Christian vs Clemson. :)

aceinthehole
October 15th, 2018, 10:45 AM
The playoffs are all about matchups and defending your home turf. If Colgate can get 1 home game then I can easily see them winning 2 games with the right draw. But they could easily lose their first round game if they're sent packing against a Top 10 team. The Raiders are really good. The PL has a history of producing 1 legit team time to time. I'd put this Raiders team on par with Fordham in 2013 and Lehigh in 2011.

Way too early, but do you see Colgate putting in a winning bid to host?

Right now, tentatively in the Northeast region you are probably looking at the following teams for first-round games:

Colgate (PL Auto)
Maine (CAA At-Large)
Stony Brook (CAA At-Large)
Central Conn. St. (NEC AQ)

You could probably throw in URI and Delaware as potential bubble teams, but for argument's sake keep them out of this discussion. Right now James Madison and Towson are more likely to be seeded and won't have a first-round game.

What would some likely first round match-ups look like? Do you see the PL and NEC champs meeting in the first round, or do we each face a CAA at-large team?

JSUSoutherner
October 15th, 2018, 10:58 AM

I didn't think I had to prove ACU was better than Clemson. I thought it was just common knowledge.

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2018, 12:17 PM
I didn't think I had to prove ACU was better than Clemson. I thought it was just common knowledge.It's that southern heat.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Are y'all really taking World's comments seriously?? It took me two comments in one interaction to realize he's a troll lol

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Maybe Princeton and Dartmouth climbing the polls this year will put more pressure on the Ivy League presidents to allow their teams to compete in the FCS playoffs? It has to be infuriating for the coaches and players on those teams. I'm sure they're competitors who want to prove themselves on the highest competitive stage the subdivision offers.

It probably won't move the needle with the IL leadership but one can hope...

are you tapped into my brain? I keep trying to post stuff but you already did it for me

ursus arctos horribilis
October 15th, 2018, 02:21 PM
I was texting my a friend, who has been a big MT fan for about 30+ years, and he heard that Bobby said when he came in they had 18 receivers and 8 offensive lineman. If that is even remotely true that is a big problem. Combine that with turning the ball over that much and that spells doom. Now if they hadn't turned the ball over so much they would be. 7-0...6-1?

Bobby will be fine when he gets his players into the system and phase out Stitt's air raid offense.

Dewey

Exactly. He has done what he can with the receivers in moving them to different positions and so forth but our O line has been a problem ever since Hauck left last time and when he gets his way I am damn sure it will not be. Some of our best Olines I've seen were when he was here.

The cupboard wasn't bare at skill spots but it was pretty bare in the one spot we really need to allow Sneed and the others to reach their potential.

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2018, 04:18 PM

looking at your pick the winners results you might want to give it a try..... nothing else seems to be working for you Kingpen

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2018, 04:25 PM

haha, now you did it.... should I continue reading this thread, I support Dartmouth but Colgate.....nope

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2018, 04:27 PM
looking at your pick the winners results you might want to give it a try..... nothing else seems to be working for you Kingpen

#1 in the spread for MVFC pick'em so I don't know what you are smoking. I know how odds works.

Daytripper
October 15th, 2018, 04:53 PM
#1 in the spread for MVFC pick'em so I don't know what you are smoking. I know how odds works.

"#1 in the spread..." That's what he said.

Preferred Walk-On
October 15th, 2018, 08:25 PM
I have decided to end all arguments and close this thread (sarcasm):

https://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/path;winner=N%20Dakota%20St;loser=Alabama;sport=CF B;year=2018;method=2

https://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/path;winner=Alabama;loser=N%20Dakota%20St;sport=CF B;year=2018;method=2

There is no need for further discussion. Enjoy! xsmiley_wix

Redbird 4th & short
October 15th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Can't argue with FACTS.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181015/19cc2bf6b5074fd71733cb35cd67210c.jpg

this is good news ... we beat SIU 51-3 ..... which means we would destroy Florida and LSU.

I'm taking this info to Coach Spack and AD Lyons. Now I'm sure we can make a case to go FBS next year ... and were obviously taking Missouri State with us, since they beat us !!! Same for everyone else that might beat us rest of year ... we're all going FBS !!!

Outsider1
October 15th, 2018, 09:56 PM

Ouch, no way, lol.....

Derby City Duke
October 16th, 2018, 08:14 AM

Hey now, I believe you are T1 with a non-MVFC guy [me xthumbsupx]. May not finish that way, but I'm enjoying seeing my name at the top for this week -- thank god for alphabetical order...

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Hey now, I believe you are T1 with a non-MVFC guy [me xthumbsupx]. May not finish that way, but I'm enjoying seeing my name at the top for this week -- thank god for alphabetical order...If you're not first your last

Derby City Duke
October 16th, 2018, 09:13 AM
If you're not first your last

2nd place finisher = 1st loser