PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls Vs. Abilene Christian Upset Alert

Wildcat1997
October 13th, 2018, 05:36 PM
#11 Nicholls is currently trailing Abilene Christian 28-12 with 8 minutes left in the 4th.

Wildcat1997
October 13th, 2018, 05:39 PM
A huge 4th down stop by ACU and now there is only 5:47 left to play.

katss07
October 13th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Put a fork in Nicholls. Colonels aren’t coming back in this one. They fell into the trap. With 3 other SLC teams ahead of them now I think you can move their hopes to life support.

BEAR
October 13th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Congrats Kats! xthumbsupx

McCowboys
October 14th, 2018, 07:07 AM
A huge 4th down stop by ACU and now there is only 5:47 left to play.

When our Cowboys barely escaped ACU last week, some of us were not real happy with our offensive production. But ACU's defense must be pretty dang good. TWO (2) fourth down stops in ACU territory in the 4th quarter against Fourcade is quite impressive. So glad my Cowboys escaped a similar fate last week!

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2018, 07:50 AM
When our Cowboys barely escaped ACU last week, some of us were not real happy with our offensive production. But ACU's defense must be pretty dang good. TWO (2) fourth down stops in ACU territory in the 4th quarter against Fourcade is quite impressive. So glad my Cowboys escaped a similar fate last week!
I don't think you'll have to argue about McNeese being ranked higher than Nicholls anymore.... at least not this week. :)

McCowboys
October 14th, 2018, 08:28 AM
I don't think you'll have to argue about McNeese being ranked higher than Nicholls anymore.... at least not this week. :)

Yes, Nicholls fell, and McNeese beat the Hell out of BYE U! Our defense was great again as BYE U didn't score, but our offense....SMH!

Sammy94
October 14th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Great job ACU. The Southland is getting tougher and tougher.

cx500d
October 14th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Nice job , one of the many purple teams

Daytripper
October 14th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Great job ACU. The Southland is getting tougher and tougher.

This was the ACU team that I expected to see from the start of the season. I don't know if they just weren't buying in to Dorrel or there was something else going on, but now they are a dangerous team for anybody in the Southland. I think that will be the toughest remaining regular season game for the Bearkats.

FormerPokeCenter
October 14th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I think the turning point for ACU was the 3 point game against McNeese. I think their kids realized they had a legitimate shot at winning against a team in the top 10...

Whether or not the ranking was deserved is a whole other matter, but the fact was they were very much in that game and could have won if they couldn've gotten the running game going.

I wouldn't look at it as a moral victory, but a stepping stone and a measuring stick..

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 12:06 PM
I think the turning point for ACU was the 3 point game against McNeese. I think their kids realized they had a legitimate shot at winning against a team in the top 10...

Whether or not the ranking was deserved is a whole other matter, but the fact was they were very much in that game and could have won if they couldn've gotten the running game going.

I wouldn't look at it as a moral victory, but a stepping stone and a measuring stick..

They should be on everyone's watch list for teams to keep an eye on, regardless of their record.

McNeese72
October 14th, 2018, 08:52 PM
I still say that Nicholls wasn't as good as everybody was saying they were during the preseason.

Doc

Katfan
October 14th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Agree!

Wildcat1997
October 14th, 2018, 09:18 PM
I still say that Nicholls wasn't as good as everybody was saying they were during the preseason.

DocI'll eat crow here, I thought they were gonna be conference champs before the season started but obviously I was wrong about that.

Hood
October 14th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Congrats to ACU. Your team deserved to win.