SLU
SHSU

Daytripper
October 7th, 2018, 07:18 PM
UCA at SFA - Bears seem to have found another QB
Nicholls at ACU - ACU looking better, but Nicholls has been consistently good
UIW at Lamar - UIW is the surprise team of the Southland this year
HBU at SLU - Lions should bounce back
SHSU at NWST - Always a tough place to play, but hopefully we come out with a W.

So, only one home team wins.....

BEAR
October 7th, 2018, 07:27 PM
UCA
NICHOLLS
UIW
SLU
SHSU

BEAR
October 7th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Team playoff predictions:

High Probability:
McNeese
Nicholls
UIW

Possibly:
UCA
SHSU

Unlikely:
NWST

OUT:
SLU
ACU
SFA
HBU
Lamar

katss07
October 7th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Oh, Northwestern State University. How I despise the bi-annual trip. You ARE the definition of a trap game. You guys seem to make a living off of being mediocre.

Turpin Stadium? Large by FCS standards yet nearly silent most of the time. It should be renamed Trap Game Stadium because the Demons always seem to catch the Bearkats at the right time. Last year, the Demons took Sam to the wire at Bowers. Sammy looked lost. In 2016, the Demons were the only team to have a lead on the Kats ALL SEASON LONG. In 2014, they actually upset Sam in Louisiana. The trip up there is never easy. Keeler better get the boys ready.

Despite their only W on the year being a one point winner over Lamar, I think the Demons have a shot at Sam. We need to be able to control the offensive tempo like last week. Brock needs to go off for a third straight week (another receiving TD would be a bonus) and the D Line can’t get pushed around like they have in the past (they looked great last week with 7 TFL in the first half). I’m worried they are looking ahead. The Kats should handle every team left on the schedule (UIW is pretty good). Players don’t need to be thinking about the future right now though. Hell don’t even worry about next week! Win Saturday! Beat the less superior NSU!

Katfan
October 7th, 2018, 08:15 PM
UCA
NICHOLLS
UIW
SLU
SHSU
Ditto

bonarae
October 7th, 2018, 08:37 PM
UCA
Nicholls
UIW
SLU
SHSU

bwbear
October 7th, 2018, 08:48 PM
UCA
NICHOLLS
UIW
SLU
SHSU

This looks good to me.

Sammy94
October 7th, 2018, 08:49 PM

High Probability:
McNeese
Nicholls
UIW

Possibly:
UCA
SHSU

Unlikely:
NWST

OUT:
SLU
ACU
SFA
HBU
Lamar

Why do you think IWU has a high probability?

bwbear
October 7th, 2018, 09:03 PM

High Probability:
McNeese
Nicholls
UIW

So I realize UIW has had a good season by their standards, but unless they win out and win the conference, I doubt they are a realistic team to make it. They already have 2 D1 losses. They still have UCA, McNeese, and SHSU left to play. I do not see them winning all three, or even two, of those games.

Here's what could be interesting:

Nicholls wins out
SHSU wins out
UCA wins out
McNeese's only loss is to UCA

Records would be:

Nicholls: 9-2
UCA: 9-2
SHSU: 9-2
McNeese: 9-2

Each would only have 1 conference loss: UCA to SHSU, McNeese to UCA, Nicholls to McNeese, and SHSU to Nicholls.

The committee would have fun trying to leave out one, but they'd have to. I think Nicholls may get the nod for the win over Kansas.

Sammy94
October 7th, 2018, 09:17 PM
If this scenario happens, I believe Nicholls gets the SLC automatic playoff spot.

BEAR
October 7th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Why do you think IWU has a high probability?

Only because they are undefeated in conference. If you look at who they have left then not likely but at this point they are in a tie for winning the conference with McNeese. No I don't think they will though. My list will change.

Sammy94
October 7th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Only because they are undefeated in conference. If you look at who they have left then not likely but at this point they are in a tie for winning the conference with McNeese. No I don't think they will though. My list will change.

I would have them with a possibility at this point. They have Nicholls, McNeese, Sam and UCA yet to come and have yet to beat anyone with a winning record. They go 3-1 in that gauntlet then perhaps a high probability is justified.

Outsider1
October 7th, 2018, 10:02 PM
UCA at SFA
Nicholls at ACU - I have to believe it is our turn. We only lost to them by 9 last year in a strange game down in their neighborhood. They are on our turf this time and it is homecoming. Nichols only scored 10 against McNeese, we scored 21. If we contain them again and we can continue to pound them we can win this one.
UIW at Lamar
HBU at SLU
SHSU at NWST

TheRevSFA
October 8th, 2018, 03:12 AM
So I realize UIW has had a good season by their standards, but unless they win out and win the conference, I doubt they are a realistic team to make it. They already have 2 D1 losses. They still have UCA, McNeese, and SHSU left to play. I do not see them winning all three, or even two, of those games.

Here's what could be interesting:

Nicholls wins out
SHSU wins out
UCA wins out
McNeese's only loss is to UCA

Records would be:

Nicholls: 9-2
UCA: 9-2
SHSU: 9-2
McNeese: 9-2

Each would only have 1 conference loss: UCA to SHSU, McNeese to UCA, Nicholls to McNeese, and SHSU to Nicholls.

The committee would have fun trying to leave out one, but they'd have to. I think Nicholls may get the nod for the win over Kansas.

Their two D1 losses were to FBS opponents. That won’t hurt them

their gauntlet begins on the 20th. If they take 3/4 they are poised for post season

Catatonic
October 8th, 2018, 06:08 AM

their gauntlet begins on the 20th. If they take 3/4 they are poised for post season

UIW juggled their schedule to play a third FBS opponent late in the season. That game will likely ensure a third loss. A single conference loss would put them at 7-4. I don’t see the playoffs in their future this year.

McNeese72
October 8th, 2018, 07:47 AM
UCA at SFA: SFA found out what happens when they face a real offense last week.
Nicholls at ACU: ACU won't be facing McNeese's anemic offense this week.
UIW at Lamar: UIW keeps rolling because they are facing Lamar.
HBU at SLU: SLU bounce back at home
SHSU at NWST: Sam too strong for the Demons

Doc

Daytripper
October 8th, 2018, 08:19 AM
UIW juggled their schedule to play a third FBS opponent late in the season. That game will likely ensure a third loss. A single conference loss would put them at 7-4. I don’t see the playoffs in their future this year.

Also, that UIW - Iowa State game is scheduled for December 1st, after our playoffs have started, I think. What if they run the table until that game? That would put them in the playoffs for sure, but they have an FBS game scheduled.

BEAR
October 8th, 2018, 09:53 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29197&stc=1

Sammy94
October 8th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Winners this week:

UCA
Nicholls
IW
SLU
SHSU

Wildcat1997
October 8th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Games for October 13, 2018

UCA at SFA
Nicholls at ACU
UIW at Lamar
HBU at SLU
SHSU at NWSTUCA
Nicholls ( I think we give them a good game though)
UIW
SLU
SHSU

McNeese72
October 8th, 2018, 11:03 AM
At least this week, our offense will have an excuse for putting up some poor offensive numbers. ;)

Doc

Bear84
October 8th, 2018, 12:00 PM
UCA
Nicholls
UIW
SLU
NWSt

Northwestern State could be a trap game for SHSU. Probably not, but someone needs to pick something different....

McNeese75
October 8th, 2018, 01:57 PM
UCA at SFA
Nicholls at ACU
UIW at Lamar
HBU at SLU
SHSU at NWST

McNeese75
October 8th, 2018, 01:59 PM

This!!! I don't see UIW making it through the gauntlet. But they have exceeded expectations so far.

BEAR
October 8th, 2018, 02:08 PM
FRISCO, Texas – Central Arkansas’ Luke Hales is the Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Week, while McNeese’s Chris Livings earns Defensive Player of the Week honors. Livings’ Cowboys teammate Cyron Sutton is named the Special Teams Player of the Week. All weekly awards are presented by MidSouth Bank (https://www.midsouthbank.com/).

https://southland.org/news/2018/10/8/southland-football-players-of-the-week-central-arkansas-hales-mcneeses-livings-sutton.aspx

Luke did a heck of a job for his first EVER college game.

Offensive Player of the Week: Luke Hales, Central Arkansas – R-Fr. – Quarterback – Greenwood, Ark.
Hales first collegiate start began with a bang, throwing a 65-yard touchdown on his first career pass.

The redshirt freshman did not let up, completing 16 of 27 passes for 304 yards (19.0 per reception). His stat line included five touchdown tosses and another rushing. It electrified the Bears as they piled up 558 years of total offense and 66 points – the highest scoring output since UCA tallied 70 points in 2014.

Here's Luke's 1 minute interview. He's from a small town in western Arkansas called Greenwood. It's near Ft. Smith. It's a school that has had a history of putting out GREAT college level players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1lQ8be8HpE

Katfan
October 8th, 2018, 02:55 PM
https://southland.org/news/2018/10/8/southland-football-players-of-the-week-central-arkansas-hales-mcneeses-livings-sutton.aspx

Here's Luke's 1 minute interview. He's from a small town in western Arkansas called Greenwood. It's near Ft. Smith. It's a school that has had a history of putting out GREAT college level players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1lQ8be8HpE
That’s back to back freshmen!

Outsider1
October 8th, 2018, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=BEAR;2688240]https://southland.org/news/2018/10/8/southland-football-players-of-the-week-central-arkansas-hales-mcneeses-livings-sutton.aspx

Put a good QB with a good QB coach and I am not surprised at all! This really makes me anxious for our game.

BEAR
October 8th, 2018, 03:43 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29203&stc=1

Serpentor
October 8th, 2018, 03:44 PM
UCA at SFA - SFA may be looking to bounce back, but UCA is too strong for them
Nicholls at ACU - ACU feels like a tougher team this year, record aside, but Nicholls is the leader of the pack until the SLC decides otherwise
UIW at Lamar - Incarnate Word is the surprise out of the SLC this year. We'll find out just how improved they are next weekend against McNeese
HBU at SLU - HBU has improved, but not THAT much. SELA by several TDs
SHSU at NWST - Bearkats may have a drop off after the BOTPW, but should still pull it off, possibly closer then would be comfortable though
McNeese at BYE WEEK - Bye Week had a pretty strong showing against Lamar last weekend, but McNeese dominates this one start to finish

SFA 93
October 8th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Yea, you maybe right and I've changed my pick to UCA after hearing somethings from inside.

SFA 93
October 8th, 2018, 05:13 PM
Nice read from last year on first year Head Coach Will Healy and then Austin Peay AD Ryan Ivey...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/why-the-best-young-coach-in-college-football-may-be-this-man-and-not-scott-frost/

McNeese72
October 8th, 2018, 06:07 PM
UCA at SFA - SFA may be looking to bounce back, but UCA is too strong for them
Nicholls at ACU - ACU feels like a tougher team this year, record aside, but Nicholls is the leader of the pack until the SLC decides otherwise
UIW at Lamar - Incarnate Word is the surprise out of the SLC this year. We'll find out just how improved they are next weekend against McNeese
HBU at SLU - HBU has improved, but not THAT much. SELA by several TDs
SHSU at NWST - Bearkats may have a drop off after the BOTPW, but should still pull it off, possibly closer then would be comfortable though
McNeese at BYE WEEK - Bye Week had a pretty strong showing against Lamar last weekend, but McNeese dominates this one start to finish

I bet our anemic offense fails to score this week.

BEAR
October 9th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Any news about coaches or players or injuries etc that might change some of our picks?! xeyebrowx

McNeese72
October 9th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Any news about coaches or players or injuries etc that might change some of our picks?! xeyebrowx

I think the whole McNeese team will miss the game against B.U. this week. ;)

Doc

BEAR
October 9th, 2018, 02:00 PM
via Southland website:

Saturday, Oct. 13
Central Arkansas at Stephen F. Austin, 2 p.m. CT, Eleven Sports (http://elevensportsusa.com/)
Nicholls at Abilene Christian, 2:30 p.m. CT, ESPN3 (http://espn.com/watch)
Incarnate Word at Lamar, 3 p.m. CT, MYTX Beaumont-Port Arthur/ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KBMT-LD)ESPN+ (http://espnplus.com/)
Houston Baptist at Southeastern Louisiana, 4 p.m. CT, Southland Digital Network (https://southland.org/live)
Sam Houston State at Northwestern State, 6 p.m. CT, Cox Sports TV (http://coxsportstv.com/)/ESPN3 (http://espn.com/watch)

BEAR
October 9th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Someone is going to have to show me how to watch my Bears at the Lumberjacks on Eleven Sports. Visited their website and don't see a provider for our area. Must do more research I guess. Conway has Conway corporation cable mostly. I have espn+ so I'll see if its there. Heard the UCA v. SFA game is now at 2 p.m. instead of 1 p.m.

Nevermind. got it. http://southlanddigitalnetwork.com/

Outsider1
October 9th, 2018, 02:45 PM

Haven't really heard much other than WR DJ Fuller still will probably not be back. He hasn't really played since MCL injury in opening game against Baylor. He tried to come in and play against UIW, but knee just isn't ready.

Wildcat1997
October 9th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Haven't really heard much other than WR DJ Fuller still will probably won't be back. He hasn't really played since MCL injury in opening game against Baylor. He tried to come in and play against UIW, but knee just isn't ready.I believe that if we have Fuller at 100% these last few games we potentially win a few of them. His speed just opens up the defense so much and it really hurts us when he's not out there. We don't have anybody else who can match his speed.

Outsider1
October 9th, 2018, 04:59 PM
I believe that if we have Fuller at 100% these last few games we potentially win a few of them. His speed just opens up the defense so much and it really hurts us when he's not out there. We don't have anybody else who can match his speed.

Agree, he was our biggest deep threat. Our guys are having to figure out other ways to get things done. It sucks that he waited all last year to stick it out with us and make this his year to shine to end up getting knocked out in the first game... I want him to come back but not before his knee is ready.

BEAR
October 11th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Bears get ready for SFA:

https://www.facebook.com/PGNConway/videos/vb.1625599414381246/466276310546576/?type=2&theater

BEAR
October 12th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Where are the SFA posters with all their stats and player lineups?

Come on McNeese fans...where's the sandbagging?

Bearkat fans.... are you there? xeyebrowx

Man the SLC is dead this week.

McNeese75
October 12th, 2018, 08:33 AM

I guess Bye is not getting the sandbagging it deserves :)

Sammy94
October 12th, 2018, 08:33 AM

Bearkat fans are here. SFA fans...so hyped up every August and September until Oct comes and reality sets in, did their annual post BOTPW disappearance and are counting down the hours until tip off. McNeese has the bye this week so they took the time off to fill their sandbags.

Outsider1
October 12th, 2018, 08:44 AM
We're here, but even our own board is taking a serious nap. All of us are just a little frustrated right now even though we understand where we are at... So, no sandbagging but I guess the same conversation gets old after several years.

Daytripper
October 12th, 2018, 09:08 AM

I'm quietly worried about this trap game vs. NWST....

BEAR
October 12th, 2018, 09:19 AM
I'm quietly worried about this trap game vs. NWST....

So are we. I mean our game with SFA. If it took SHSU OT and a broken ankle QB to beat us and you guys killed SFA....I'm awaiting the letdown. xlolx

McNeese72
October 12th, 2018, 01:30 PM
I am predicting our defense will play lights out against Bye but our poor anemic offense will probably be completely shut out.

BEAR
October 12th, 2018, 01:58 PM
I am predicting our defense will play lights out against Bye but our poor anemic offense will probably be completely shut out.

I'm predicting you won't score a single point this week. A total shutout. It should hurt you in the polls. Your team's weaknesses will be exposed. Sorry I'm dropping you two spots in mine. xlolx

BEAR
October 12th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Interesting matchups this weekend.

If IUW, UCA, Nicholls, and SHSU lose they will all have 3 division I losses leaving only McNeese (bye week) with only 1 loss on the year.

UCA (#1 scoring offense) vs. SFA (#11 scoring offense).
Nicholls (#2 total defense) vs. ACU (#4 total defense).
IUW (#1 total offense) vs. Lamar (#8 total offense).
HBU (410 YPG, 31 PPG) vs SLU (420 YPG, 24 PPG).
SHSU (#1 pass defense) vs. NWST (#1 pass offense)

Outsider1
October 12th, 2018, 04:31 PM

If IUW, UCA, Nicholls, and SHSU lose they will all have 3 division I losses leaving only McNeese (bye week) with only 1 loss on the year.

I think these are some really interesting match-ups this week. I expect ours to be a low scoring game. The question is, can our offense get anything consistently going? Like we did against McNeese, we are going to have to get creative.

Daytripper
October 13th, 2018, 08:48 AM

I feel like I woke up in the twilight zone... I can't remember the last time SHSU was #1 in any defensive category.

BEAR
October 13th, 2018, 11:54 AM
I feel like I woke up in the twilight zone... I can't remember the last time SHSU was #1 in any defensive category.

xlolx

BEAR
October 13th, 2018, 02:25 PM
This Eleven Sports is too funny.

Our head coach, Nathan Brown, is called Homer Brown.
Our Defensive player, Juan Jackson, is called Juwan Jackson.
Best of all our team, the Bears, are called the Bearkats.

bwbear
October 13th, 2018, 03:38 PM
ACU playing pretty inspired right now!

This Eleven Sports is too funny.

Our head coach, Nathan Brown, is called Homer Brown.
Our Defensive player, Juan Jackson, is called Juwan Jackson.
Best of all our team, the Bears, are called the Bearkats.

He called SFA the Bearkats too, and said some SFA fans would probably hate him now.

nelsondm
October 13th, 2018, 03:39 PM
I'm out👎

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wildcat1997
October 13th, 2018, 04:26 PM
ACU leading Nicholls 21-12 at the half. Hoping our guys can pull off the upset.

Daytripper
October 13th, 2018, 04:54 PM
ACU leading Nicholls 21-12 at the half. Hoping our guys can pull off the upset.

This is the ACU team that I was expecting early in the year.

Wildcat1997
October 13th, 2018, 05:38 PM
This is the ACU team that I was expecting early in the year.You and most ACU fans lol. I think most fans knew they had a performance like this in them, it's just we hadn't really seen it yet.

Daytripper
October 13th, 2018, 06:51 PM
You and most ACU fans lol. I think most fans knew they had a performance like this in them, it's just we hadn't really seen it yet.

This could be a turning point for you guys. Sometimes you just have to win a tough game to actually believe.

Wildcat1997
October 13th, 2018, 07:16 PM
This could be a turning point for you guys. Sometimes you just have to win a tough game to actually believe.I certainly hope so.

Outsider1
October 13th, 2018, 07:44 PM
The night is far from over, but today has indeed proven this is an interesting day of SLC match-ups and the SLC is indeed deeper.

Daytripper
October 13th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Pick Six by Brock. 28-23 Demons. Crazy game.

bwbear
October 13th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Can we now end the UIW “sleeper” talk?

Daytripper
October 13th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Can we now end the UIW “sleeper” talk?

I think so.

Serpentor
October 13th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Congrats ACU on your win!

BEAR
October 13th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Looks like both new QBs for SHSU and UCA have crazy games. UCAs Hales didn't throw an INT but the wind kept this a running game. 19/41 for Hales and a TD. Bears ran the ball 40 times. It wore the Lumberjack defense down. Brock is 15/29, 3 TDs, 2 INTs so far. Too bad this is blacked out in my area.

Wildcat1997
October 13th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Congrats ACU on your win!Thanks! Hopefully ya'll can pull out a win too.

Daytripper
October 14th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Looks like both new QBs for SHSU and UCA have crazy games. UCAs Hales didn't throw an INT but the wind kept this a running game. 19/41 for Hales and a TD. Bears ran the ball 40 times. It wore the Lumberjack defense down. Brock is 15/29, 3 TDs, 2 INTs so far. Too bad this is blacked out in my area.

It will a fun three more years watching these two go at it.

Daytripper
October 15th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Kyran Jackson named SLC Player of the Week.
http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=211776057

FRISCO – After pulling off a feat not done in the Southland Conference since 2009, Sam Houston State running back Kyran Jackson (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211632091&DB_OEM_ID=19900) has been named the SLC Offensive Player of the Week, according to a release by league officials on Monday morning.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/800/LY/LYEKTSDLRJRYUNT.20181015142929.png