PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 2018 Score Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

POD Knows
October 6th, 2018, 10:02 PM
In 2012 NDSU lost to 4-2 Indiana State and dropped 3 spots. The Trees were decent that year so it was an understandable upset.
Indiana State was 2-2 now 2-3, And has been a cellar dweller since 2014. I’d drop SDSU twice as far as NDSU did but I don’t know who’d pass them, so I’d drop 4-6 spots.
Can you imagine what would have happened if the ISUb coaching staff would have gotten back from buying chicken sammies in the last 4 plays of the ISUb drive in OT.

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2018, 10:03 PM
In 2012 NDSU lost to 4-2 Indiana State and dropped 3 spots. The Trees were decent that year so it was an understandable upset.
Indiana State was 2-2 now 2-3, And has been a cellar dweller since 2014. I’d drop SDSU twice as far as NDSU did but I don’t know who’d pass them, so I’d drop 4-6 spots.
But in 2012 ISU. Had been a cellar dweller for 15 years

JacksFan40
October 6th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Can you imagine what would have happened if the ISUb coaching staff would have gotten back from buying chicken sammies in the last 4 plays of the ISUb drive in OT.
I’d rather not think about this game anymore. Just a awfuuuulllll game.
If it was Hobo Days we’d of lost.

JacksFan40
October 6th, 2018, 10:07 PM
But in 2012 ISU. Had been a cellar dweller for 15 years
At least in 2012 ISU finished 7-4, I don’t see ISU winning more than 4 this year. I predict 3 wins for ISU this year.

Outsider1
October 6th, 2018, 10:09 PM
So how far does poor sucky McNeese drop for only beating us by 3?

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2018, 10:12 PM
At least in 2012 ISU finished 7-4, I don’t see ISU winning more than 4 this year. I predict 3 wins for ISU this year.

We are not deep or i would disagree. We basically cant have 1 injury

JacksFan40
October 6th, 2018, 10:29 PM
It’s official that coaching is what is holding SDSU back.
Same thing every year, have a top notch team that finishes with 2-3 losses and has to make a road trip in the playoffs and gets hammered.
As long as we keep this same staff including Stieg, we’ll never win a title. We need to stop settling for solid seasons, look at Texas A&M, they had 8-9 win seasons every year but their true goal is a title. So they fired Sumlin and brought in Jimbo, and now it’s apparent Sumlin was holding them back from that next level. Not saying we need to go and get some big coach, but we need something new. Honestly Stieg should’ve been gone after 2003, that team could’ve easily made the D2 playoffs but we blew it against Winona and some others. What should’ve been a 9-2 team instead went 7-4 and had to wait until 2008 to be eligible for the playoffs.
With all the money we’ve put into the program, we need to truely take it serious and gun to be better than NDSU and JMU, not on par with them.
I said it last year after UNI spanked us and I’ll keep saying until we win the title.

Outsider1
October 6th, 2018, 10:38 PM
Same thing every year, have a top notch team that finishes with 2-3 losses and has to make a road trip in the playoffs and gets hammered.
As long as we keep this same staff including Stieg, we’ll never win a title. We need to stop settling for solid seasons, look at Texas A&M, they had 8-9 win seasons every year but their true goal is a title. So they fired Sumlin and brought in Jimbo, and now it’s apparent Sumlin was holding them back from that next level. Not saying we need to go and get some big coach, but we need something new. Honestly Stieg should’ve been gone after 2003, that team could’ve easily made the D2 playoffs but we blew it against Winona and some others. What should’ve been a 9-2 team instead went 7-4 and had to wait until 2008 to be eligible for the playoffs.
With all the money we’ve put into the program, we need to truely take it serious and gun to be better than NDSU and JMU, not on par with them.
I said it last year after UNI spanked us and I’ll keep saying until we win the title.

Ouch...

Redbird 4th & short
October 6th, 2018, 11:38 PM

You ought to appreciate what you have ... since 2012, you guys are a firm top 4 to 8 program every year .. less than a handful of programs can say that.

JacksFan40
October 6th, 2018, 11:57 PM
You ought to appreciate what you have ... since 2012, you guys are a firm top 4 to 8 program every year .. less than a handful of programs can say that.
I’m proud of how far we’ve come as a program. But the reason we’ve maintained success these last few years is because fans actually care about the program now. During the D2 years fans were happy with 7-8 win seasons and no playoffs. CAS was the prime example of interest in our program for years. Played in a decent high school stadium from 1962 until 2015. Fans had little interest in the program between the 70’s and 90’s. The D1 move brought interest and 2007 is when we truly got fan support.
Now we have all the stuff needed to succeed, one of the top stadiums, practice facilities that rival the FBS, money pouring in from donors and a top notch recruiting system which I’ll give Stieg credit for, he recruits damn well.
Problem is now we need results, these last few years haven’t inspired people, couldn’t win a title with what was at the time the best SDSU team in 2014. And couldn’t even give JMU a game with the best team in SDSU history.
I’ll be out of this phase by Monday but still, we need to take this serious if we want results.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2018, 12:41 AM

Reaching the semifinals last year was great for SDSU. But I agree with JacksFan, too an extent I also feel like SDSU has underachieved in this decade, despite all of their obvious success compared to the masses in the FCS.

Thumper 76
October 7th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Did you see the hold against the ISU D on the third and 15, yea, nobody did and then SDSU breaks a running play.. **** nice..
That was 1000000% a make up call for the play before. I’ve never seen a crew this bad. I’ve never seen a crew have 50% of the replays overturn their calls. That’s how bad it was.

I don’t care if we win, this game was pathetic by SDSU. Absolutely horrible, if we lose this might be one of the worst losses in recent memory outside of JMU.
Yep, awful performance. On the other hand, if this is our annual let down game then at least we won it this time?

I’m proud of how far we’ve come as a program. But the reason we’ve maintained success these last few years is because fans actually care about the program now. During the D2 years fans were happy with 7-8 win seasons and no playoffs. CAS was the prime example of interest in our program for years. Played in a decent high school stadium from 1962 until 2015. Fans had little interest in the program between the 70’s and 90’s. The D1 move brought interest and 2007 is when we truly got fan support.
Now we have all the stuff needed to succeed, one of the top stadiums, practice facilities that rival the FBS, money pouring in from donors and a top notch recruiting system which I’ll give Stieg credit for, he recruits damn well.
Problem is now we need results, these last few years haven’t inspired people, couldn’t win a title with what was at the time the best SDSU team in 2014. And couldn’t even give JMU a game with the best team in SDSU history.
I’ll be out of this phase by Monday but still, we need to take this serious if we want results.
I’m gunna leave this alone other than to say look at Nebraska before we do something stupid like firing the coach that has taken a poor to mediocre program and make it an FCS power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
October 7th, 2018, 09:09 AM
That was 1000000% a make up call for the play before. I’ve never seen a crew this bad. I’ve never seen a crew have 50% of the replays overturn their calls. That’s how bad it was.

Yep, awful performance. On the other hand, if this is our annual let down game then at least we won it this time?

I’m gunna leave this alone other than to say look at Nebraska before we do something stupid like firing the coach that has taken a poor to mediocre program and make it an FCS power.

Or look at Texas, fired Charlie Strong despite 6-7 win seasons and now they got Tom Herman and are red hot with the win over Oklahoma. Or look at Georgia, fired Mark Richt despite 9-10 wins every year, brought in Kirby Smart and came 3 points away from a title last year.
Im not saying it’ll work, but if we want to take this serious, we need to take serious risks. I’d try and lure Nielson from USD, he’s a proven winner and knows how to win titles. Only problem would be his age.
Or find a younger coach, either way we have the talent to produce 9 wins this year easily, it’s up to the coaches if they want more than that.
At least fire the defensive staff.

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Or look at Texas, fired Charlie Strong despite 6-7 win seasons and now they got Tom Herman and are red hot with the win over Oklahoma. Or look at Georgia, fired Mark Richt despite 9-10 wins every year, brought in Kirby Smart and came 3 points away from a title last year.
Im not saying it’ll work, but if we want to take this serious, we need to take serious risks. I’d try and lure Nielson from USD, he’s a proven winner and knows how to win titles. Only problem would be his age.
Or find a younger coach, either way we have the talent to produce 9 wins this year easily, it’s up to the coaches if they want more than that.
At least fire the defensive staff.If you guys hired a coach from USD you would NEVER live it down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
October 7th, 2018, 12:14 PM
If you guys hired a coach from USD you would NEVER live it down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I don’t think USD could live it down if their coach left for SDSU. We can easily outspend USD, but I doubt we’d go after him anyways, he’s not very young.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2018, 01:10 PM
I don’t think USD could live it down if their coach left for SDSU. We can easily outspend USD, but I doubt we’d go after him anyways, he’s not very young.

Serious question, do you think Pierre would find a way to step in, to "ensure" Nielsen stays at USeD so he does not leave for Brookings?

Redbird 4th & short
October 7th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Reaching the semifinals last year was great for SDSU. But I agree with JacksFan, too an extent I also feel like SDSU has underachieved in this decade, despite all of their obvious success compared to the masses in the FCS.

Underachieved ? Compared to what ?

3 of those years forced SDSU to go thru Fargo. They also beat NDSU 2 years in a row in regular season, and played them close on road this year.

Nice to think "just win" and nothing matters if you don't win the big one .. much easier said than done. But it would be very foolish to assume you can find someone who will do better than what Stig has accomplished since 2012. If SDSU were in another conference and/or located in some other region, they might have made it to Natty a couple times by now.

Stig deserves an extension not a pink slip ... no one else can lay claim to what SDSU has done since 2012. Natty run would be nice, but winning and competing at top of best conference is also nice.

semobison
October 7th, 2018, 03:33 PM

Yep, I wouldn't be in a big hurry to fire the most successful coach you guys have ever had! For most college football programs winning a national championship is but a dream. For good programs it might be a once in a lifetime experience.

F'N Hawks
October 7th, 2018, 04:36 PM
If ISUB just spikes it with 25 secs left they probably win the game. Instead they run one unorganized play and then kick a FG. Big-time coaching fail.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2018, 07:07 PM
If ISUB just spikes it with 25 secs left they probably win the game. Instead they run one unorganized play and then kick a FG. Big-time coaching fail.

The coach admitted that after the game on the home team radio feed

F'N Hawks
October 7th, 2018, 07:21 PM
The coach admitted that after the game on the home team radio feed

That sucks. Not a huge deal but would have ran two plays for sure.

fmftballmgr
October 7th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Murray State possibly ices the game... 48-41 :26 left in regulation

Team who the the ball last won.. I will take the win and move on. Teams combined for 1300 yards of offense. Murray found it's rushing game with a new school of 449 yards.