PDA

View Full Version : NFLE Update Eakin & Others

flea
March 27th, 2007, 12:48 AM
http://oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3441804

Coaches evaluate preseason rosters during game-condition scrimmages
03/26/07 - National Football League Europa (NFLE)

• The six NFL Europa League teams were tested in pressure situations for the first time on Saturday as the opening game-condition scrimmages of preseason training camp took place at Tampa's Jefferson High School.

The joint sessions, which were held in blistering and testing conditions, offered head coaches a first look at how their players would fare when the stakes are raised in the regular season, which kicks off on April 14.

First onto the practice field were the Hamburg Sea Devils and Rhein Fire. Washington Redskins-allocated passer CASEY BRAMLET stood out for the Sea Devils as he completed all seven of his attempts for 66 yards and one touchdown - a 25-yard strike to tight end TEYO JOHNSON (Denver Broncos).

MIKE MC GANN (Indianapolis Colts) also looked sharp for Hamburg, connecting on four of seven passes for 66 yards, including a 39-yard touchdown strike to former San Francisco 49ers first-round draft choice RASHAUN WOODS. Johnson ended the session with two catches for 31 yards and a score, while Woods grabbed two passes for 47 yards and his touchdown. British wide receiver SCOTT MC CREADY caught two passes for 33 yards, while former sprint champion DWAIN CHAMBERS reeled in a 12-yard reception.

San Diego Chargers-allocated quarterback BRETT ELLIOTT completed four of five passes for 28 yards for the Fire, while running back GERALD RIGGS (Chicago Bears) carried six times for 28 yards. P.K. SAM (Miami Dolphins) led all Fire receivers with three receptions for 44 yards.

"I think we did fairly well," said Riggs. "But not as well as I think we are capable of playing. We have a lot of work to do but the effort was there. We need to work on the little things and make plays when we have the chance."

Sea Devils head coach JACK BICKNELL added: "I was happy with the scrimmage. I definitely saw an overall improvement from the first scrimmage and you have to get better day-by-day in this league because you don't have much time."

The second scrimmage of the day was a spirited affair between the Amsterdam Admirals and Frankfurt Galaxy that featured some intense, hard-hitting action.

Returning quarterback J.T. O'SULLIVAN (Chicago Bears) was again in top form for the Galaxy, completing five of six passes for 58 yards and one touchdown - a 20-yard strike to wide receiver ROBERT ORTIZ. Quarterback KEVIN EAKIN hit on three of his six attempts for 50 yards. Ortiz led all Galaxy receivers with three catches for 51 yards and a touchdown, while JERMAINE JAMISON of the Philadelphia Eagles added two receptions for 32 yards.

Baltimore Ravens-allocated passer DREW OLSON connected on two of five attempts for 42 yards for the Admirals, while COREY BRAMLET went five of seven for 32 yards. MATT BOHNET completed two passes for 48 yards.

New York Jets wide receiver PHIL SILVA caught two passes for 34 yards for Amsterdam, while French tight end YOAN SCHNEE grabbed two balls for 24 yards. Houston Texans wide receiver HARRY WILLIAMS gained 34 yards on his one catch of the scrimmage.

Galaxy head coach MIKE JONES said: "I think J.T. O'Sullivan played very well and did a good job of bringing the team down the field. He is a leader for us on the field. He sets the standard for the team and sets an example for the rest of our players."

"This was another step in the process," Admirals head coach BART ANDRUS admitted. "For the most part, we were pretty pleased with how we performed. We got out of it what we were looking to get out of it. We were looking to see if we could block and tackle and evaluate our personnel."

The final scrimmage of the day saw the Cologne Centurions clash with the Berlin Thunder.

The Centurions were paced by running back ANTWAUN CARTER, who carried eight times for 44 yards and one touchdown. Houston Texans-allocated quarterback QUINTON PORTER completed two of four attempts for 24 yards, while wide receiver BURL TOLER was the most effective target, reeling in two passes for 28 yards.

Centurions head coach DAVID DUGGAN admitted the scrimmage was hugely important to his team, saying: "It was a good day's work. There were a lot of NFL scouts here. They were evaluating the players just as we were. It's human nature to be a little nervous but after a couple of plays they started to relax and just play football."

Berlin also found the end zone on WALTER WASHINGTON's five-yard touchdown pass to Arizona Cardinals-allocated tight end ALEX SHOR, and on a 10-yard hookup between Seattle Seahawks quarterback TRAVIS LULAY and tight end DARIUS WILLIAMS. Quarterback OMAR JACOBS (Kansas City Chiefs) hit on three of four attempts for 32 yards for the Thunder.

Defensive players also stood out as defensive ends DEVAN LONG and JASON HALL (Carolina Panthers) recorded sacks for Cologne. Berlin responded with sacks from defensive end BOBBY PAYNE, defensive tackle BRYANT SHAW and linebacker TIM CLARKE.

"We continue to take strides forward" said Berlin Thunder head coach JOHN ALLEN. "As long as we can continue to do that, I think we'll give ourselves a chance of being pretty good going into the season. Our team really played with a lot of enthusiasm and we were able to stay healthy, which is extremely important at this time in camp."

All six teams will next hit the practice field together in combined workouts at Tampa's Ed Radice Sports Complex on Wednesday March 28, beginning at 9:00 a.m.

spelunker64
March 27th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I think Rob Hunt from NDSU, drafted by the Colts a couple years back then traded to Denver, now picked up by the Chiefs will be over there too.

spelunker64
March 27th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Round NFLEL Team Name Pos NFL Team College
1 Berlin Rob Hunt G Kansas City Chiefs North Dakota State
1 Hamburg Nathaniel Adibi DE Tennessee Titans Virginia Tech
1 Cologne John Saldi LB Dallas Cowboys Texas Tech
1 Rhein C.J. Brewer WR San Francisco 49ers Wyoming
1 Amsterdam Adam Stenavich G Green Bay Packers Michigan
1 Frankfurt Vickiel Vaughn S San Francisco 49ers Arkansas
2 Berlin Gerran Walker WR Pittsburgh Steelers Lehigh
2 Hamburg John Walker S Houston Texans Southern California
2 Cologne Cody Douglas C Tennessee Titans Tennessee
2 Rhein Daunta Peterson WR Buffalo Bills Dubuque
2 Amsterdam Grant Mason S Pittsburgh Steelers Michigan
2 Frankfurt Matt McChesney G New York Jets Colorado
3 Frankfurt Jesse Chatman RB Miami Dolphins Eastern Washington
3 Amsterdam Chris Denney WR Buffalo Bills Nebraska-Omaha
3 Rhein Jermaine Hardy S San Francisco 49ers Virginia
3 Cologne Dan Sheldon WR Atlanta Falcons Northern Illinois
3 Hamburg Pete McMahon G Jacksonville Jaguars Iowa
3 Berlin Tyler McMeans G Chicago Bears Miami
4 Berlin Steve Sanders WR Cleveland Browns Bowling Green
4 Hamburg Mike Brisiel G Houston Texans Colorado State
4 Cologne Chris Reis S New Orleans Saints Georgia Tech
4 Rhein J.J. Outlaw WR Philadelphia Eagles Villanova
4 Amsterdam Richie Ross WR Tennessee Titans Nebraska-Kearney
4 Frankfurt Steve Fifita DT Miami Dolphins Utah
5 Frankfurt T.J. Cottrell TE San Diego Chargers Buffalo State
5 Amsterdam Justin Surrency WR Minnesota Vikings Northern Iowa
5 Rhein Blake Costanzo LB New York Jets Lafayette
5 Cologne Brian Hare WR Indianapolis Colts Purdue
5 Hamburg Barry Robertson LB New York Giants Louisiana Tech
5 Berlin Alex Shor TE Arizona Cardinals Syracuse
6 Berlin Ricardo Dickerson LB Oakland Raiders Maryland
6 Hamburg Rich Parson WR Oakland Raiders Maryland
6 Cologne Dan Oliphant G Baltimore Ravens Colby
6 Rhein Lauren Williams WR Oakland Raiders Liberty
6 Amsterdam Phil Silva WR New York Jets Rowan
6 Frankfurt Zarnell Fitch DT New York Jets Texas Christian
7 Frankfurt Anthony Sherrell RB Detroit Lions Eastern Michigan
7 Amsterdam Erick Harris S Philadelphia Eagles Liberty
7 Rhein Taurean Henderson RB Atlanta Falcons Texas Tech

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/10017099

CrazyCat
March 28th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Travis Lulay Bobcat legend, Seattle Seahawk, Berlin Thunder

http://www.berlin-thunder.de/imgs/gallery/p0768.jpg

spelunker64
March 29th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Travis Lulay Bobcat legend, Seattle Seahawk, Berlin Thunder

http://www.berlin-thunder.de/imgs/gallery/p0768.jpg

Is he doing the running punt as well? xsmiley_wix

CrazyCat
March 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Is he doing the running punt as well? xsmiley_wix

The rolling punt has been universally BANNED.

spelunker64
March 29th, 2007, 11:27 AM
The rolling punt has been universally BANNED.

Good, how hard is it to find an actual punter anyway?

flea
March 30th, 2007, 12:58 PM
GALAXY SCORES FOUR TOUCHDOWNS IN SCRIMMAGE VS. COLOGNE

Frankfurt’s offense seemed to find its footing Wednesday in the team’s third scrimmage, against the Cologne Centurions. Chicago Bears-allocated QB J.T. O’Sullivan completed two touchdown passes – one of 65 yards to TE David Jones and a second to WR Aaron Hosack from 20 yards out. Bruce Eugene, of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, threw a 62-yard bomb to WR Brandon Middleton, while Anthony Sherrell rounded out the scoring with a 70-yard breakaway rushing touchdown.

“I cut off to the inside and all I saw was daylight,” said Sherrell of his scramble past the pack near the 30-yardline. “When I see daylight, I’m going to run to it.”

“We scored some points,” said head coach Mike Jones. “Our offense was impressive. To have four touchdowns – three passing, one rushing – was very good.”

O’Sullivan went 4-for-7 on the day for a total of 91 yards, while Eugene completed three of his six passing attempts, gaining 45 yards. Kevin Eakin, allocated by the Buffalo Bills, totaled 51 yards off three completions.
Jones’ and Sherrell’s totals were team highs in receiving and rushing, respectively. WR Robert Ortiz caught two passes for 43 yards, while RB Charles Anthony rushed three times for 19 yards.

Frankfurt’s defense also had a strong showing, sacking the Centurions’ quarterbacks five times. DE Kenny King, of the Baltimore Ravens, led the way with three.

“Every day I come out here, I have to work,” said King. “I’ve been injured for three years. You never know when a person will go down, so you have to go get it.”

Chiefs-allocated DE John Syptak and Zarnell Fitch, of the New York Jets, also each registered a sack.

“The whole defensive line played well,” said Coach Jones. “Cologne had some good runs, but in the red zone, they stood their ground and they didn’t break. They have definitely improved since the first scrimmage.”

Frankfurt will play Berlin on Saturday in the final preseason warm-up. The Galaxy opens its regular season schedule on April 14th vs. the Amsterdam Admirals

Mr. C
March 30th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Interesting all of the former I-AA/FCS players involved in this draft:

spelunker64
March 30th, 2007, 01:53 PM

What's happened to Chatman since the Bolts dropped him? Did he ever play for Miami?

CrazyCat
April 5th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Just thought I'd show how well Berlin is treating Mr.Lulayxthumbsupx

http://www.berlin-thunder.de/imgs/news/n1656.jpg

spelunker64
April 6th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Geburtstag: März 3, 1981

Größe (ft/m): 6-4/1.93

Gewicht (Lbs/kg): 300/136

Position: C/G

College: North Dakota State

Erworben: NFL (Denver Broncos)

Profi-Karriere: Hat 2006 seinen Vertrag bei den Denver Broncos verlaengert, von welchen er der NFL Europe zugeteilt wurde, von Berlin Thunder in der ersten Runde der NFL Europa Draft gewaehlt.

College: Startete vier Jahre in Folge fuer die North Dakota State University… In seinem Letzten Jahr startete er 12 Spiele als Center… Erlaubte keinen Quarterback Sack und liess keinen Angriff auf seinen Quarterback zu… Verhalf der Offensive zu 378,5 Yards pro Spiel… Wurde vom NFL Draft Report als All-American ausgezeichnet… Startete in seinem dritten Jahr in 11 Spielen… War Mannschaftskapitaen und verhalf der Offensive zu 30,1 Punkten und 355,5 Yards pro Spiel.

Persönliches: Wurde waehrend seiner Zeit an der Cavalier Public High School sechsfach ausgezeichnet… War in der Ringermannschaft… Abschluss in Gesundheitswissenschaften und Fitness an der North Dakota State.

spelunker64
April 6th, 2007, 07:31 AM
... got that.??? ;)

Lehigh Football Nation
April 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM

Two speedsters there - and pretty good receivers. Wouldn't be surprised to see them on NFL rosters eventually.

Funny that of the three great Lafayette linebackers, only Blake Costanzo is still playing professionally (I think). Is Maurice Bennett still playing? Both he and Witherspoon were really good.

Stang Fever
April 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Geburtstag: März 3, 1981

Größe (ft/m): 6-4/1.93

Gewicht (Lbs/kg): 300/136

Position: C/G

College: North Dakota State

Erworben: NFL (Denver Broncos)

Profi-Karriere: Hat 2006 seinen Vertrag bei den Denver Broncos verlaengert, von welchen er der NFL Europe zugeteilt wurde, von Berlin Thunder in der ersten Runde der NFL Europa Draft gewaehlt.

College: Startete vier Jahre in Folge fuer die North Dakota State University… In seinem Letzten Jahr startete er 12 Spiele als Center… Erlaubte keinen Quarterback Sack und liess keinen Angriff auf seinen Quarterback zu… Verhalf der Offensive zu 378,5 Yards pro Spiel… Wurde vom NFL Draft Report als All-American ausgezeichnet… Startete in seinem dritten Jahr in 11 Spielen… War Mannschaftskapitaen und verhalf der Offensive zu 30,1 Punkten und 355,5 Yards pro Spiel.

Persönliches: Wurde waehrend seiner Zeit an der Cavalier Public High School sechsfach ausgezeichnet… War in der Ringermannschaft… Abschluss in Gesundheitswissenschaften und Fitness an der North Dakota State.

THANKS FOR THE POST ;) ;) ;)

CrazyCat
April 8th, 2007, 09:23 PM
The free online translations can be hilarious. We've been having a blast over on BN with Lulays updates.

Birthday: March 3, 1981
size (ft/m): 6-4/1.93
weight (Lbs/kg): 300/136
position: C/G
college: North Dakota State
acquired: NFL (Denver Broncos)
professional career: 2006 his contract with the Denver Broncos extended, by which it was assigned the NFL Europe, from Berlin Thunder in the first round of the NFL Europe Draft selected.
College: Four years started in consequence for the North Dakota State University… In its last year it started 12 plays as center… Permitted no Quarterback bag and left no attack on its Quarterback too… Help the offensive to 378.5 yards per play… Of the NFL Draft report as universe American excellently… Started in his third year in 11 plays… Was captain and help the offensive to 30.1 points and 355.5 yards per play.
Personal: During its time at the Cavalier publicly High School sixfold excellently… Was in the Ringermannschaft… Conclusion in health sciences and Fitness to the North Dakota State.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 8th, 2007, 10:13 PM
The free online translations can be hilarious. We've been having a blast over on BN with Lulays updates.

Was in the Ringermannschaft…

xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Someone needs to explain this one...

flea
April 9th, 2007, 02:43 AM
xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Someone needs to explain this one...

Ringer = Wrestler
Mannschaft = Team

spelunker64
April 9th, 2007, 08:01 AM

Birthday: March 3, 1981
size (ft/m): 6-4/1.93
weight (Lbs/kg): 300/136
position: C/G
college: North Dakota State
acquired: NFL (Denver Broncos)
professional career: 2006 his contract with the Denver Broncos extended, by which it was assigned the NFL Europe, from Berlin Thunder in the first round of the NFL Europe Draft selected.
College: Four years started in consequence for the North Dakota State University… In its last year it started 12 plays as center… Permitted no Quarterback bag and left no attack on its Quarterback too… Help the offensive to 378.5 yards per play… Of the NFL Draft report as universe American excellently… Started in his third year in 11 plays… Was captain and help the offensive to 30.1 points and 355.5 yards per play.
Personal: During its time at the Cavalier publicly High School sixfold excellently… Was in the Ringermannschaft… Conclusion in health sciences and Fitness to the North Dakota State.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

catbob
April 9th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Chatman went to New Orleans a few years ago, but was buried behind McAllister and that other guy they had, I forget his name. I haven't heard anything since, good to see he is still trying to find a home.

CrazyCat
April 9th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Final cuts

Frankfurt Galaxy

Ed Pietrowski LB Waived-Injured
Zac Woodfin LB Waived-Injured
Charles Anthony RB Waived
Craig Bailey LB Waived
Roscoe Crosby WR Waived
Carl Ford WR Waived
Ryoma Hagiyama WR Waived
Jesus Perez LB Waived
Davon Telp DB Waived
Jeff Williams P Waived
Ben Sobieski G Reserve-Non-Football Injury
Martin Latka FB Injured Reserve
Jesse Chatman RB Reserve-Left Squad
Felton Huggins WR League Active Player
John Syptak DE League Active Player
Kenton Johnson T Practice Squad Player
T.J. Cottrell TE Practice Squad Player

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/10103801

eagle1
April 9th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Too bad about Chatmon but another former Eagle is ready to tear it up in Europe.

2005 Walter Payton Award Winner Erik Meyer with the Cologne Centurions

http://www.centurions.de/gallery/files/converted-images/Centurions%20Training%20Camp%2007%20Spezial%20%28b y%20Hendrik%20Fischbach%29/Final%20Scrimmage%20vs%20Rhein%20Fire/med_TC07_03_31_0089.jpg

It is looking like he will get the starting nod this weekend. Go Eagles!!!

spelunker64
April 9th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Chatman went to New Orleans a few years ago, but was buried behind McAllister and that other guy they had, I forget his name. I haven't heard anything since, good to see he is still trying to find a home.

I thought Miami picked him up after the Chargers cut him.xconfusedx

Calilumber
April 9th, 2007, 11:24 PM
I really don't know what to think about NFLE. I have been very disappointed with the respect it seems to get from the NFL. Last years MVP, G. Hamden QB, from Amsterdam was released and signed a couple of times last year. I don't even think he is signed onto a team right now. Roger Robinson, who set THREE nfle rushing records last year, was released from the Cards and hasn't been signed. The crappy Cards released him!!!! I don't get it.

CrazyCat
April 9th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I really don't know what to think about NFLE. I have been very disappointed with the respect it seems to get from the NFL. Last years MVP, G. Hamden QB, from Amsterdam was released and signed a couple of times last year. I don't even think he is signed onto a team right now. Roger Robinson, who set THREE nfle rushing records last year, was released from the Cards and hasn't been signed. The crappy Cards released him!!!! I don't get it.

I agree. You hear more about the Arena league guys that make it. Anyways heres a good story on NFLE.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10110030

saccat
April 10th, 2007, 12:34 PM
They just announced that Lulay will be the starting QB. Good work red headed Ludini.

spelunker64
April 10th, 2007, 02:03 PM
They just announced that Lulay will be the starting QB. Good work red headed Ludini.

getting snaps from NDSU's Rob Hunt, at least blocked for...