DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Colgate (4-0) at Bucknell (1-4)
Lehigh (1-3) at Princeton (3-0)
Holy Cross (1-4) at New Hampshire (0-4)
Georgetown (1-4) at Fordham (0-4)

bonarae
September 30th, 2018, 03:22 AM
Colgate - another shutout in the making?
Princeton
HC
Fordham - Georgetown has no defense at all.

van
September 30th, 2018, 07:03 AM
1-3 last week, time to get back to good picks

Colgate, Buffs may have found a QB but Raiders can play D so it should not be close

Princeton, could get ugly quick if the O continues to sputter

Holy Cross, a Crusader win would validate just how bad UNH is

Fordham, Hoyas battle Columbia down to the wire and then get blown out by Brown, guess they have packed it in

Ivytalk
September 30th, 2018, 07:35 AM
1-3 last week, time to get back to good picks

Colgate, Buffs may have found a QB but Raiders can play D so it should not be close

Princeton, could get ugly quick if the O continues to sputter

Holy Cross, a Crusader win would validate just how bad UNH is

Fordham, Hoyas battle Columbia down to the wire and then get blown out by Brown, guess they have packed it in
Agreed.

PAllen
September 30th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Colgate - Duh
Princeton - See above
UNH - I'm not convinced UNH is that bad or that HC has turned the corner
Fordham - The Rams may not be good, but the Hoyas are just that bad.

RichH2
September 30th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Colgate and the 6 Dwarfs. The Dwarfs match Raiders' number of Ws. We are a wee bit behind tho on Ls with 15.
I'll hold off a while mostly because I dont see much changing this week at least for Lehigh. Our D can perhaps hold Tigers under 40 but our O has yet to show it can score points.

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2018, 09:06 AM

No one has packed it in. Here are the last six drives of the first half vs. Brown. See a pattern?

Int
Punt
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Fumble

Total yards: 58

the last indian
September 30th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Colgate and the 6 Dwarfs. The Dwarfs match Raiders' number of Ws. We are a wee bit behind tho on Ls with 15.
I'll hold off a while mostly because I dont see much changing this week at least for Lehigh. Our D can perhaps hold Tigers under 40 but our O has yet to show it can score points.
I am a bit nervous about the Bison. They will probably be up with a new QB that actually might be able to put some points on the board. I though the Buckies' O and D line were more than respectable. And Colgate, might be flying a bit close to the sun with the W&M shutout. I hope Hunt can keep them focused.

Go Green
September 30th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Colgate, Princeton in slaughters.

Holy Cross and Georgetown in squeakers.

I said several times that Tom Gilmore was the Mike Scioscia of Patriot League coaches. Well.... Scioscia is out, too.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/09/30/mike-scioscia-angels-stepping-down

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2018, 07:01 PM
I said several times that Tom Gilmore was the Mike Scioscia of Patriot League coaches. Well.... Scioscia is out, too.

How about Wayne Fontes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Fontes

kdinva
September 30th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Colgate 34 at Bucknell 14
Lehigh 24 at Princeton 42
Holy Cross 21 at New Hampshire 28
Georgetown 17 at Fordham 27

ngineer
September 30th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Colgate's only problem will be if they a feeling too full of themselves. If Hunt has them focused, I see them winning by at least 3 TD's. Raiders, 35-14.

HC at UNH is tricky. Are the Wildcats that bad? And how good/bad are the Crusaders? In times like that I will take the "home field 3". UNH 24-21.

"What Rocks" meets the "Seven Blocks". Well, not really, but Rams should have enough talent to win at home. 31-21.

Engineering Mountain Hawks have had off week to psycho-analyze what/who they are. Improved D, but having to be on the field too long as the Offense continues to be...offensive. Who'd a thought? Will this be the game Brisson and Mayes figure it out? If not, this will be very ugly. Princeton has high octane offense and part of any plan is to keep them off the field. Just hoping Lehigh can keep it respectable. Tigers, 42-28.

Go...gate
September 30th, 2018, 07:49 PM
I am a bit nervous about the Bison. They will probably be up with a new QB that actually might be able to put some points on the board. I though the Buckies' O and D line were more than respectable. And Colgate, might be flying a bit close to the sun with the W&M shutout. I hope Hunt can keep them focused.

If one is old enough (like me), one can remember a number of heartbreakers being inflicted on Colgate teams in Lewisburg. This game will be tough.

World
September 30th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Colgate cracks the top 25 on Sagarin rankings at #18

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...-Sept-29-2018) (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?213996-FCS-Sagarin-Ratings-(thru-results-of-Sept-29-2018))

TheValleyRaider
October 1st, 2018, 05:39 PM
2-2 last week, Lafayette and Bucknell were the culprits, though I'm not really complaining about being wrong there. 21-7 on the year, but as there are fewer games per week while we go along, time to get on a win streak again.

Colgate at Bucknell Colgate Two straight shutouts for the Raiders, and things are moving along. Next stop on this trip is Lewisburg, to face the Bison with 1st place in the PL on the line. Hopefully those stakes are enough to keep the team focused, but this is a veteran bunch who has managed games fairly well so far. I'm not fool enough to pick a 3rd-straight shutout, and this could get tough and tight. Would like to see some red zone improvement after settling for a few FGs last week, but the offense is probably too good to be held down for long, even by a good PL defense like Bucknell.

Lehigh at Princeton Princeton Lehigh has had a week off to regroup and prepare for the League schedule. Before that, though, a trip to Princeton beckons. The Tigers have looked strong in the early going, putting up big points in two road games. The Hawks have been better this year defensibly, but their offense has slowed, not a great sign against a potent Princeton playing in its home opener.

Holy Cross at New Hampshire New Hampshire One of last season's strangest results was the Wildcats getting hammered by HC, who was soon to fire their head coach. HC got off to a relatively strong start, though that has translated to 1 week and a rather surprising league loss. Of course, the fact that it was surprising shows how quickly expectations have changed in Worcester. Oh right, this game. UNH probably isn't as bad as their record indicates, and I suspect they're interested in a little revenge to get to win #1.

Georgetown at Fordham Fordham Guess which team has a win so far this year. With Fordham, it isn't so much that they have lost games, but how, looking overmatched in their FCS games so far. The Hoyas have struggled since starting 1-0 after beating Marist. I was on the Fordham bandwagon earlier this year. Pretty much off at this point, but I expect a better performance for the Rams coming out of the bye.

Gate83
October 1st, 2018, 09:20 PM
If one is old enough (like me), one can remember a number of heartbreakers being inflicted on Colgate teams in Lewisburg. This game will be tough.

Bucknell is generally tough... good D, games are often low scoring. But we usually win. 15-3 since the turn of the century, may the trend continue!

Lehigh'98
October 2nd, 2018, 05:09 AM
This is Colgate’s year and probably will own the next 2-3 years as well. They are proving what is possible within the constraints of the PL. Are they going to upset NDSU in the playoffs, unlikely, but they have knocked off two CAA teams and put a good product on the field. The rest of the league should take note.

RichH2
October 2nd, 2018, 08:04 AM
Bassetts has Gate as a 31.5 pt favorite

Masey has Gate aas a 26.5 pt favorite.

Agree 98 this is Raiders' year.

Princeton game always one of my favorites every year. Usually it has been an entertaining shootout. Odds are this year's may be a rather one sided shootout. If, and only if, Mayes,Brisson and the Offense can sort themselves out will this game be other than a rout for Tigers. D may be able to "hold" Lovett and company to somewhere in the 30s. The odd fact is Lehigh may be the best team Princeton has faced this year. From the little I've seen of Tigers , their D is good but with gaps. We'll see. If Lehigh sticks to the same vanilla O, not much will change even if we execute better. So far O has been very limited in play selection and more importantly in attacking open gaps in opposing Ds. Last year, we could rely on 2 superb WRs and RB to out play any D behind a veteran OL. So play calling was never an issue. We do not have the same situation this year and our OC has yet to adapt to that reality.

Neighbor2
October 2nd, 2018, 10:28 AM
My thinking is, Andy Coen doesn't get a pass on the lack of offensive production. First, he hired all the recent Offensive Coordinators and their assistants. His background, if I recall correctly, was as an Offensive Coordinator himself! Then we have Joe Sterrett, a former Lehigh quarterback from the era when Lehigh ran complex, inventive plays simply because his teammates could easily understand the playbook, make weekly adjustments, etc. more easily than opposing rosters.

As far as I'm concerned, Lehigh's football fortunes will not improve under Andy Coen. Perhaps, not under any other coach either, given all the foolish limitations placed upon Patriot League football schools.

I'm beginning to think the Patriot League should drop football as a league sport and let each school land elsewhere at the football level of their choosing.

Bluefish845
October 2nd, 2018, 10:33 AM
Colgate
Princeton
New Hampshire
Fordham

Southsider
October 2nd, 2018, 06:11 PM
My thinking is, Andy Coen doesn't get a pass on the lack of offensive production. First, he hired all the recent Offensive Coordinators and their assistants. His background, if I recall correctly, was as an Offensive Coordinator himself! Then we have Joe Sterrett, a former Lehigh quarterback from the era when Lehigh ran complex, inventive plays simply because his teammates could easily understand the playbook, make weekly adjustments, etc. more easily than opposing rosters.

As far as I'm concerned, Lehigh's football fortunes will not improve under Andy Coen. Perhaps, not under any other coach either, given all the foolish limitations placed upon Patriot League football schools.

I'm beginning to think the Patriot League should drop football as a league sport and let each school land elsewhere at the football level of their choosing.

Exactly! PL Mission Statement = “Lets all let our FB programs die a slow death together”. LU football will never achieve past successes as long as they are in PL.

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2018, 06:17 PM
I am going out on a limb and say that I believe Lehigh, which is due for a breakout game, will defeat Princeton.

RichH2
October 2nd, 2018, 06:21 PM
I am going out on a limb and say that I believe Lehigh, which is due for a breakout game, will defeat Princeton.

Thanks Go. A vote of confidence. Just one thing tho. Dont bet any money on that one.xrolleyesx

PAllen
October 2nd, 2018, 06:33 PM

That's a pretty skinny limb. I'm just hoping for a win against Lafayette and a good run by Colgate in the playoffs.

Go...gate
October 3rd, 2018, 02:33 AM
That's a pretty skinny limb. I'm just hoping for a win against Lafayette and a good run by Colgate in the playoffs.

Lehigh's offense can move and score on anyone. If the Engineer defense can slow down the Tigers, I believe they can win.

van
October 3rd, 2018, 06:55 AM
Lehigh's offense can move and score on anyone. If the Engineer defense can slow down the Tigers, I believe they can win.

you might be thinking about last year's offense

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2018, 07:04 AM
you might be thinking about last year's offense

Speaking of last year's offense, Gatlin Casey was part of SVP's "Bad Beats" on Monday. Casey had an incredible 2 point conversion catch for MTSU.

Gangtackle11
October 3rd, 2018, 07:06 AM
Colgate
Princeton
UNH
Fordham

RichH2
October 3rd, 2018, 10:41 AM
Well its seems unanimous , a definite L for Lehigh. Probably so. Sucks to have to root for a "good" L. But that is where we are right now. It is crucial for us going forward that our O rights itself. A shootout L much better than another noncompetitive beating.

PAllen
October 3rd, 2018, 01:58 PM
Speaking of last year's offense, Gatlin Casey was part of SVP's "Bad Beats" on Monday. Casey had an incredible 2 point conversion catch for MTSU.

When was the last time Lehigh had a star player transfer OUT of the program to play somewhere else?

RichH2
October 3rd, 2018, 02:46 PM
When was the last time Lehigh had a star player transfer OUT of the program to play somewhere else?

Not too often. Gatlin had a year left as he had a med redshirt year but graduated on time. Last one was Lexi Martins in WBB. She actually graduated in 3 years and sought a Masters in Health Admin. Went GWU.

DFW HOYA
October 3rd, 2018, 03:27 PM
Another PL player taking his redshirt year elsewhere:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2018/10/muhammad_wainwright_rutgers_unsung_local_kid_home. html

Sader87
October 3rd, 2018, 03:57 PM
Alim Muhammad, a DB at HC last year, is doing/playing a 5th year at Vandy this year as well.

ColgateTD
October 3rd, 2018, 08:43 PM
Colgate by 28
P'ton by 17
HC by 7
Fordham by 21

Go...gate
October 4th, 2018, 02:27 AM
Another PL player taking his redshirt year elsewhere:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2018/10/muhammad_wainwright_rutgers_unsung_local_kid_home. html

Wainwright was an excellent student and athlete at Hun. Really a great youngster. Nice to see him doing well at Rutgers.

Leopard Loyalist
October 4th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Georgetown (1-4) at Fordham (0-4)

DFW HOYA
October 4th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Massey Ratings' percentage chances for Georgetown to avoid a third consecutive 0-6 finish in the PL for the first time in league history:

at Fordham: 34 %
at Lafayette: 28%
Lehigh: 27%
at Colgate: 1%
Bucknell: 41%
Holy Cross: 18%

RichH2
October 4th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Ugh. Here goes.

Raiders over Buckies. Bison D may play some havoc on Gate offense. Have they found a QB? At the last whistle Gate will have The W.

Crusaders vs UNH. A bad CAA meeting an inconsistent team on the rise. Homer pick for the Purples.

Hoyas and Rams. An undermanned team vs a bad team. Hope for Hoyas but think Fordham will pull out a W late in the game.

Princeton vs Lehigh. Usually a shootout. Unless LU has fixed its offense over the bye that is extremely unlikely. Tigers have faced the now Ivy standard of OOC cupcakes so far. Lehigh may be the best team they have faced. Can we win? Hope so. Limit Lovett and you slow down Tiger O. Back to : Does Lehigh actually have an offense this year? They have stars and very good skills players yet cant score points. Right now an unknown. Princeton for the W.
Caveat if we show up and have a shootout with lots of points,I am gonna count that as a W .xdrunkyxxthumbsupx

Go...gate
October 5th, 2018, 02:44 AM
I'm up too damn late again....

Colgate 20, Bucknell 16

Lehigh 42, Princeton 38

New Hampshire 26, Holy Cross 23

Georgetown 21, Fordham 17

Bonus Pick: Blair Academy 24, Hun School 19

CHIP72
October 5th, 2018, 06:24 AM

Considering I watched Lehigh's games with Navy and Penn in person, and Penn got blown out by Dartmouth last week (and Navy doesn't look as good this year as in recent seasons), I hope there is a very fluffy bed cushion underneath that limb.

ngineer
October 5th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Forecast for Old Nassau is overcast and possible scattered drizzle. temps in low to mid 70's .

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 5th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Colgate 27 Bucknell 13
UNH 30 Holy Cross 14
Fordham 24 Georgetown 10
Princeton 45 Lehigh 28

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Colgate big
UNH in a close one
Fordham
Princeton

Game breakdown and fearless prediction of Lehigh/Princeton:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2018/10/2018-week-5-princeton-game-breakdown.html

Bill
October 5th, 2018, 11:05 PM
WOW - rough week for me. I'm down to 23-6 on the year. Good news is I'm allowed to bet in NJ again.

Georgetown (1-4) at Fordham (0-4

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Underway in Lewisburg

Colgate 0
Bucknell 0
14:55 1st

ColgateTD
October 6th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Whats the weather like in L-B? Raining in central NY.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 11:18 AM
TD UNH!

7-0 Wildcats 11:03 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 11:30 AM
UNH rolling

14-0 Wildcats 5:40 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Bucknell's defense looks good so far. As does Colgate's but the Bison "O" isn't very good to begin with. Bison need short fields to have a chance...

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Defensive struggle so far. Raiders look slightly more dangerous on offense, but that's only relative so far. Daramy-Swaray just set up the offense with a big punt return to the Bison 20, so we'll see if they can punch it in to start the 2nd.

Colgate 0
Bucknell 0
End 1st

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Bucknell's punter made a helluva play to stop a return. He showed legit speed in the open field to cut off Daramy-Swaray.

First time Colgate has been shutout in the 1st quarter.

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Drive went nowhere, so Puzzi steps up and hits a 36 yard FG

3-0 Colgate
14:07 2nd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 11:57 AM
TD Colgate following another long punt return. The Bison are in serious trouble. Their offense is completely overmatched...

10-0 'Gate

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Back-to-back fumbles ended drives, and a Daramy-Swaray punt return set up a short field. Raiders went hurry-up, and Holland finished the drive with a 9 yard run up the middle

10-0 Colgate
9:11 2nd

Go Green
October 6th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Underway in Lewisburg

Colgate 0
Bucknell 0
14:55 1st

I see that the opening kickoff was not returned for a touchdown. :)

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Daramy-Swaray being helped off the field after a punt return. No pressure being put on his left leg. Big loss if he can't come back (today or beyond)

10-0 Colgate
8:06 2nd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 12:13 PM
TD Tigers! Like hot knife through butter. Tiger RB has an enormous hole on 50+ yard TD run

7-0 Princeton 10:41 1Q

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 12:15 PM
TD Tigers! Like hot knife through butter. Tiger RB has an enormous hole on 50+ yard TD run

7-0 Princeton 10:41 1Q

Phtttttttttt. Better respond or it will be a loooong day

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Rockett slips behind the secondary, takes the pass and goes 76 yards for the TOUCHDOWN!!

17-0 Colgate
4:17 2nd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM
TD Colgate on a long pass! This game is basically over at this point.

17-0 Colgate 4:17 2Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Phtttttttttt. Better respond or it will be a loooong day

I'm pretty sure it will be a long day. Lehigh should be embarrassed they're 31.5 point underdogs. They've fallen so far...

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Mayes continues to make poor decisions

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Yea!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 12:25 PM
TD Lehigh following a Tiger turnover (ball was stripped)!

7-7 6:30 1Q

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Sloppy game at times for Colgate, lots of penalties have hurt the defense and special teams, some sloppy play as well from the offense, though credit there is partially to the Bison defense. The Bucknell offense doesn't look at all dangerous, but you'd like to see another score or two to put this one really out of reach.

Daramy-Swaray was still on the sideline with pads on, ankle wrapped in ice. No other word if he's expected back in the game.

Colgate 17
Bucknell 0
Halftime

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 12:32 PM
LU is killing Brags. Really need to work Allen into the run game

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Sloppy game at times for Colgate, lots of penalties have hurt the defense and special teams, some sloppy play as well from the offense, though credit there is partially to the Bison defense. The Bucknell offense doesn't look at all dangerous, but you'd like to see another score or two to put this one really out of reach.

Daramy-Swaray was still on the sideline with pads on, ankle wrapped in ice. No other word if he's expected back in the game.

Colgate 17
Bucknell 0
Halftime

Colgate has dominated the game; 246 to 76 in terms of total yards. Not to mention a ton of punt return yards. The 2 turnovers is the only reason it's not 24 or 31 nothing.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 12:46 PM
TD Princeton

14-7 Tigers 14:33 2Q

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Boy, I remember when Lehigh’s O looked like Princeton’s. SAD!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 12:55 PM
I can't believe Princeton went with the QB pooch punt instead of going for it.

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 01:00 PM
LU QB is a huge disappointment

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:01 PM
LU QB is a huge disappointment

How about that defense?!? Could the Princeton WR be anymore open?!?!

21-7 Princeton 9:15 2Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:03 PM
TD UNH!

21-0 Wildcats 10:08 3Q

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Ivy committed to get better, and they did. PL committed to get worse, and they have succeeded! This is pathetic

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Ivy committed to get better, and they did. PL committed to get worse, and they have succeeded! This is pathetic

I personally think Lehigh is doing the right thing by scheduling more NEC teams. They need to try an get some PFL teams on the schedule as well. It's clear they can't beat and sadly really compete with better the better teams in FCS anymore. The PL is a bad FCS football conference.

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Bison get an interception, then benefit from a dodgy no-call (push-off on a deep pass) and call (hands to the face with no hands near anyone's face) to finally get a short FG

Shutout streak over, TD streak still intact for the Raider defense

17-3 Colgate
8:42 3rd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Bucknell cowards on 4th and goal and kicks what almost certainly will be a pointless FG.

17-3 Colgate 8:42 3Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Throw in the damn towel!!

Princeton 28-7 4:46 2Q

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Raiders drive down the field, but stall in Bison territory. Long FG from Puzzi is up and GOOD

20-3 Colgate
2:17 3rd

UNHWildcat18
October 6th, 2018, 01:21 PM
The Pathetic League ft....everyone

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Raiders drive down the field, but stall in Bison territory. Long FG from Puzzi is up and GOOD

20-3 Colgate
2:17 3rd

I'm sorry but Susan kicking that FG on 4th down was beyond weak. Now they're back to square one.

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Sad sitting behind bench here. Have to leave at half. Princeton has a good looking team with lots of guys that look very athletic. Lehigh has Bragalone.

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Bucknell punts, downed at the 7, which is where Colgate starts the final period

Colgate 20
Bucknell 3
End 3rd

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 01:27 PM
The Pathetic League ft....everyone

Short memories in Durham xrolleyesx

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 01:30 PM
And Coen will tell us how well they competed. This will only get worse unless the PL gets their heads out of their asses. I can see local rivalry games in the near future with Moravian and Muhlenberg.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Tiger FG

Princeton 31-7 0:27 2Q

RichH2
October 6th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Sad sitting behind bench here. Have to leave at half. Princeton has a good looking team with lots of guys that look very athletic. Lehigh has Bragalone.

Seems so. Hoped we would be competitive. We are not. Regardless of the whys, we are a bad team.Expected Mayes to have a good senior year. He's not.
We show flashes of good plays but only flashes. Tigers are very good. And yes our OOC was very tough. And we have been non competitive for most of it.

UNHWildcat18
October 6th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Short memories in Durham xrolleyesx

I hope you guys win out and do well in playoffs, but beating UNH 10-3 with a back up QB and no OC isnt saying much for the league lolxdrunkyx
Still an earned win in durham for the RAAAIIDDDERS

DFW HOYA
October 6th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Anyone who picked this score, take a bow:

Georgetown 8
Fordham 8
Halftime

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Long drive, extended by a fake punt run for a first down, finishes with Holland in from 2 yards out

27-3 Colgate
8:58 4th

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Seems so. Hoped we would be competitive. We are not. Regardless of the whys, we are a bad team.Expected Mayes to have a good senior year. He's not.

They're terrible. The Penn game showed how flawed they were. The Quakers are solid but I doubt they're a Top 40 team. They were soundly beaten for 60 minutes but the scoreboard did not reflect it until the end. Princeton is considerably better and they're just embarrassing Lehigh in all facets. Lehigh is definitely in the bottom 1/3 of FCS right now and they're trending towards the bottom 1/4. The league overall is atrocious. They can't compete!!

Coen appears to have taken on a JoePa role at the tender age of 54. Every shot I see he's just standing completely alone with his arms folded. He'll be in the booth by Bucknell....

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 01:46 PM
They're terrible. The Penn game showed how flawed they were. The Quakers are solid but I doubt they're a Top 40 team. They were soundly beaten for 60 minutes but the scoreboard did not reflect it until the end. Princeton is considerably better and they're just embarrassing Lehigh in all facets. Lehigh is definitely in the bottom 1/3 of FCS right now and they're trending towards the bottom 1/4. The league overall is atrocious. They can't compete!!

Coen appears to have taken on a JoePa roll at the tender age of 54. Every shot I see he's just standing completely alone with his arms folded. He'll be in the booth by Bucknell....

Loading the the moving van would be better. League asinine rules don’t help, but I’d never let my kid play for this guy. He checked out long ago

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Loading the the moving van would be better. League asinine rules don’t help, but I’d never let my kid play for this guy. He checked out long ago

Between Coen appearing to be completely detached as a head coach and Joe Susan kicking a FG on 4th and goal to literally avoid getting shutout, one realizes what an uphill battle there is. Then there's the idiotic league wide rules.

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Interception for Tyler Castillo, the 10th of his career, which make him the PL's active leader in career picks

27-3 Colgate
5:43 4th

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Takes the Tigers a minute to strike!! Boom!!

38-7 Princeton 14:00 3Q

- - - Updated - - -

Interception for Tyler Castillo, the 10th of his career, which make him the PL's active leader in career picks

27-3 Colgate
5:43 4th

Cornell appears to be formidable. They'll probably be the best team Colgate faces outside of Army.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Lehigh gets a gift fumble, next play Mayes throws a terrible INT....lol

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Mayes needs to be benched. There is no hope. Get Monaco some experience

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Colgate able to run out the clock, finish it off. Physical game, a couple of guys like Daramy-Swaray and Wisniewski coming out with injuries. Sloppy at times with some untimely penalties that extended drives or took away returns.

First points given up since the New Hampshire game on September 8, still haven't given up a touchdown since the 4th quarter of the opener against Holy Cross.

Hopefully guys get healthy, as Cornell visits next. Let's keep the momentum going.

Colgate 27
Bucknell 3
Final

RichH2
October 6th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Takes the Tigers a minute to strike!! Boom!!

38-7 Princeton 14:00 3Q

- - - Updated - - -

Cornell appears to be formidable. They'll probably be the best team Colgate faces outside of Army.
By my count thats at least the 4th 30+ yard play for Tigers.Today is a myriad vista of mistakes. Dropped passes, bad passes, big plays, etc etc. I know Tigers are very good but we have given them so much with our own mistakes. We scheduled up, it would have been a good idea to have a team that could compete,if not win, at that level. Sure there are lots of reasons but there have always been lots of reasons.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 02:12 PM
By my count thats at least the 4th 30+ yard play for Tigers.Today is a myriad vista of mistakes. Dropped passes, bad passes, big plays, etc etc. I know Tigers are very good but we have given them so much with our own mistakes. We scheduled up, it would have been a good idea to have a team that could compete,if not win, at that level. Sure there are lots of reasons but there have always been lots of reasons.

The idea of a truly improved defense has been a myth all season. It continues to give up one big play after another! The whole team has turned into a disaster!

Lehigh didn't schedule "up" besides Navy. They've been playing 'Nova almost yearly since 2004, Princeton is their most played Ivy since the formation of the PL. Penn, I believe, is now the 2nd most (past Yale). Lehigh just sucks!

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 02:15 PM

I hope they put up 70. Somebody needs to get a set of balls and get the stuffed shirts and skirts to face facts. This PL thing ain’t work’in

Southsider

I hope they put up 70. Somebody needs to get a set of balls and get the stuffed shirts and skirts to face facts. This PL thing ain’t work’in

Go Lehigh TU Owl
TD Tigers!!

45-7 8:38 3Q

If there was ever a time for Sterrett to pull a Nate Pine/Tom Gilmore this might be it. I hate to be too harsh but the last two years OOC play is unacceptable. Notching a few wins over fellow terrible PL teams (where someone has to win) means absolutely nothing. Nor should beating a Lafayette program that hasn't had winning record this decade.

crusader11
October 6th, 2018, 02:26 PM
It's almost as if the Lehigh defensive players have never went through a tackling drill in practice. Maybe they haven't?

hawkineer
October 6th, 2018, 02:26 PM

Except for Navy, how is the balance of the OOC schedule, scheduling up? What kind of schedule for an auto qualification league would be appropriate? Kutztown, Moravian? For years, we used to beat the Ivies like a drum. Seems like a ridiculous excuse for a horrible team in a really bad league with an all too comfortable, disinterested coach. Here will be Coen after the game, "I really like the way the kids competed". In other words, they got on the bus.😤
Thank God for Colgate!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Princeton scored again!

Tigers 52-7 0:44 3Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Hoyas 15 Rams 11 8:43 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 02:50 PM
If you've heard this before I'm sorry....TD Tigers!!

59-7 8:41 4Q

Southsider
October 6th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Except for Navy, how is the balance of the OOC schedule, scheduling up? What kind of schedule for an auto qualification league would be appropriate? Kutztown, Moravian? For years, we used to beat the Ivies like a drum. Seems like a ridiculous excuse for a horrible team in a really bad league with an all too comfortable, disinterested coach. Here will be Coen after the game, "I really like the way the kids competed". In other words, they got on the bus.
Thank God for Colgate!

So Gate winning the league proves what? Let them get rolled in the playoffs.

crusader11
October 6th, 2018, 02:52 PM

Worst performance for Lehigh since the HC game at Goodman in 2007 (59-10)?

Looks like they've quit playing for Coen.

RichH2
October 6th, 2018, 03:01 PM

A lot of hyperbole today. Mostly deserved. 0-5 last year but we still avged over 31 pts a game. We are scoring less than half that this year. Going 4-2 in PL cannot erase this. It just highlights how bad the PL is this year. Get better coaches. 2nd Presidents have to modify restrictions. If not then forget scheduling anyone other than the NEC or PFL.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 03:03 PM

That's a tough one. I still think 2013 at home against Lafayette. 8-2 Top 25 all year, don't start Shafnisky and go down something like 28-0 well before half. Ultimately lose 50-28 at home to a bad Lafayette team with the PL Title on the line. The UNH playoff game is a close second considering Lehigh was the favorite!! Harvard in '08 (?) and Holy Cross in '07 have to be up for consideration too.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Princeton scored again

66-7 4:09 4Q

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Hoya TD

21-11 Georgetown with 2 min to go

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Safety for the Hoyas, looks like a big win for them in the Bronx

23-11 Georgetown
0:55 4th

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Georgetown 23
Fordham 11
Final

DFW HOYA
October 6th, 2018, 03:21 PM
http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/images/sgarlata_402.jpg

RichH2
October 6th, 2018, 03:29 PM
http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/images/sgarlata_402.jpg

Congrats DFW. Actually happy you and your Hoyas got the W.

CFBfan
October 6th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Gate should jump to the CAA the PL sux except for Gate (Gtown aside and congrats hoyas) the league never figured out scholly football and have actually gone backwards either get real coaches or drops schollies

Go Green
October 6th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Congrats DFW. Actually happy you and your Hoyas got the W.

I knew they'd win. I expect them to get another or two. I've been trying (without success) to make the case on the Ivy Board that Georgetown is decent. The Brown performance did not help my case...

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Congratulations Georgetown. It's entirely possible they are 2nd place in PL this year

Fordham
October 6th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Congrats Hoyas

Go...gate
October 6th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Princeton scored again

66-7 4:09 4Q

I was there. It was tough to watch. Those players deserve a better coaching staff.

Go Green
October 6th, 2018, 05:21 PM

My understanding is that such is what doomed Gilmore last year.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Congratulations to Georgetown on getting a satisfying win over Fordham! Always nice to win a rivalry game.

ngineer
October 6th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Actually, I think it was 63-6, but worse was an ass-whipping at Idaho back in the Hank Small era, 77-10, but at least we had 400 yards of offense in that game with the score getting out of hand due some turnovers. This hurts so much because it looked like a bunch of "ole" tackling (don't know how to put the accent over the e). Today we had a little over 200 yards and gave up 733 !!!

RichH2
October 6th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Actually, I think it was 63-6, but worse was an ass-whipping at Idaho back in the Hank Small era, 77-10, but at least we had 400 yards of offense in that game with the score getting out of hand due some turnovers. This hurts so much because it looked like a bunch of "ole" tackling (don't know how to put the accent over the e). Today we had a little over 200 yards and gave up 733 !!!

Its been a long time since we've had an offense that cant score. Not all on Mayes. Bizarre play calling, dropped passes etc. He didnt do much tho to help himself. D started out well. Tigers then out classed them By the 2nd half ,D appeared to just give up. Not a game perhaps that we could have won but there is no excuse for not showing uo for the whole game.