PDA

View Full Version : SDSU @ NDSU - 9/29/18 Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

cx500d
September 30th, 2018, 09:44 PM
Do NDSU QBs take a lot of hits while they're handing the ball off 50 times a game and throwing it 15 times a game? More hits than SDSU QBs take?

That might have been the dumbest conjecture about TC I've seen yet.
Last I checked, ES had more than 2x the rushing yards of TC and 50% more carries

CappinHard
September 30th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Last I checked, ES had more than 2x the rushing yards of TC and 50% more carries

First off, yardage has no bearing on how many hits you take. Second, where are you getting your stats? Here are the total rushing attempts for both for their careers.

2018 (TC 4 games, ES 3 games)
TC 19, ES 25

2017 (TC 14 games, ES 15 games)
TC 114, ES 112

2016 (TC 13 games, ES 14 games)
TC 131, ES 113

2015 (TC 8 games, ES 11 games)
TC 89, ES 85

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2018, 11:36 PM
First off, yardage has no bearing on how many hits you take. Second, where are you getting your stats? Here are the total rushing attempts for both for their careers.

TC 19, ES 25

TC 114, ES 112

TC 131, ES 113

TC 89, ES 85

........its almost like they are the same guy? xlolx

cx500d
October 1st, 2018, 05:43 AM

TC 19, ES 25

TC 114, ES 112

TC 131, ES 113

TC 89, ES 85
I was referring to the game on Saturday only.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2018, 06:19 AM
We’ll have to disagree.

I think both are above average college qbs, but that’s about it. They both could get free agent contracts and you never know what could happen from there.

CFL maybe?

TC seems like he can make all the throws needed for that league. Plus the CFL is a gunslingers league.

Both are very good FCS QBs and hopefully they get a shot at the NFL. Drafted? I don't think so.

NDSUtk
October 1st, 2018, 07:39 AM
I felt like we were back to sophomore year Robbie. Last year was much better because he realized he can't just hit a guy bigger than him...he actually has to wrap up. Apparently this week he decided he was the second coming and could just make people fall down by 2 hand touch.

CappinHard
October 1st, 2018, 07:48 AM

As far as running goes? Pretty much, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to the game on Saturday only.

Oh, great idea. That's a great way to compare something... Use the smallest sample size available.

Bisonator
October 1st, 2018, 07:57 AM
SDSU fans, who's going to be your QB next year? Is there another good one ready behind TC? Just curious, looks like it'll be Trey Lance next year for NDSU.

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2018, 08:24 AM
Weird xlolx

SDSU fans, who's going to be your QB next year? Is there another good one ready behind TC? Just curious, looks like it'll be Trey Lance next year for NDSU.

Were supposed to have a hot shot freshman right now, but who knows. J’Bore Gibbs. It’s going to be real interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
October 1st, 2018, 08:26 AM
As far as running goes? Pretty much, yeah.
Stick is the better runner. He's got 800 more rushing yards in his career on fewer carries (2.5 more yards per carry than Christion). I'll grant you that Christion is the better passer. That's not to say that I think Christion is a bad or even average runner just like I don't think Stick is a bad or even average passer. Like I said last week if you had a choice between the two I don't think you could make a bad decision.

FWIW if he stays healthy *knockonwood* Stick should set the MVFC career record for rushing yards by a QB this year. I think he's few hundred yards short right now (he went over 2000 career rushing yards in the SDSU game).

Theee Catrabbit
October 1st, 2018, 09:05 AM
Jbore Gibbs(think TC but apparently faster) or Kanin Nelson(older, think Austin Summer) that's what is going to be interesting

IBleedYellow
October 1st, 2018, 09:07 AM
I felt like we were back to sophomore year Robbie. Last year was much better because he realized he can't just hit a guy bigger than him...he actually has to wrap up. Apparently this week he decided he was the second coming and could just make people fall down by 2 hand touch.

He made that mistake once then realized he probably shouldn't do that again.

IBleedYellow
October 1st, 2018, 09:08 AM
Jbore Gibbs(think TC but apparently faster) or Kanin Nelson(older, think Austin Summer) that's what is going to be interesting

We'll take one more Austin Sumner 2.0 please.

Also, I like that a SDSU fan can't even spell your old QB right but a NDSU fan can.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 1st, 2018, 10:49 AM

When you play a team with the that kind of speed tackling inevitably get sloppier. I wouldn't worry too much. As we he adjusted to the speed of the game tacking got better. Just needed to adjust some angles. He'll bounce back

gregatim
October 1st, 2018, 11:47 AM
I do watch the throws they make. If Stick wants to be accurate, he has to throw rainbows that are pretty easily broken up by decent DBs. If Stick tries to really drive the ball like good passers do, he's usually pretty inaccurate. TC drives the ball with accuracy all over the field. His biggest issue is he makes a careless decision about once a game. I'm not saying Stick isn't good, I just think you're lying to yourself if you think he's just as good as TC.

Stick is better. Stronger arm and consistently has had to throw into much tighter windows than Christion has had too with the talent difference at the receiver position. Doesn't have the catch radius anymore that he had with Weineke and Goedert and it showed on 3rd down on Saturday. SDSU was 3 for 12 on 3rd down now that Christion can't just throw it in the general vicinity of two large targets and keep the chains moving.

CappinHard
October 1st, 2018, 12:28 PM
Stick is better. Stronger arm and consistently has had to throw into much tighter windows than Christion has had too with the talent difference at the receiver position. Doesn't have the catch radius anymore that he had with Weineke and Goedert and it showed on 3rd down on Saturday. SDSU was 3 for 12 on 3rd down now that Christion can't just throw it in the general vicinity of two large targets and keep the chains moving.

https://i.giphy.com/media/LqhVTA638nTde4SvRh/200w.gif

Theee Catrabbit
October 1st, 2018, 06:07 PM

Also, I like that a SDSU fan can't even spell your old QB right but a NDSU fan can.
Because autocorrect is the devil

Theee Catrabbit
October 1st, 2018, 06:10 PM

Wow. Did you write all of that thinking it was truly great analysis? May God have mercy on your soul,

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2018, 07:54 PM
Wow. Did you write all of that thinking it was truly great analysis? May God have mercy on your soul,

Let this debate fade away.

Both are very good FCS QBs. Which one is better? Does it really matter?

JacksFan40
October 1st, 2018, 08:18 PM

Sumner was a great QB, sad he struggled against NDSU except for the 2014 playoff game. That game is still one of the best games I’ve seen even if we lost.

semobison
October 1st, 2018, 08:25 PM

Got to say it...Great post!

Preferred Walk-On
October 2nd, 2018, 12:59 PM

I am not getting into this debate at all...both are very good, and both teams are lucky to have who they have.

This has nothing to do with their play on the field, but walking out of the FargoDome on Saturday, I could not help but notice that after the final horn, there were two Bison that stayed behind from the rush to the marker and shook hands with multiple SDSU players and coaches immediately after the game. They were Darrius Shepherd and Easton Stick. I understand the enthusiasm for rushing to the marker after a huge win, but I was quite proud to see those two interact with the other team in the manner they did after a hard fought battle.

Kudos to SDSU for being the team we thought they were, and know that that one game really does not define either of these teams, except to say they are both pretty darn good and will be in the national championship hunt. Best of luck to both teams going forward, until we meet again...

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2018, 01:24 PM
I am not getting into this debate at all...both are very good, and both teams are lucky to have who they have.

This has nothing to do with their play on the field, but walking out of the FargoDome on Saturday, I could not help but notice that after the final horn, there were two Bison that stayed behind from the rush to the marker and shook hands with multiple SDSU players and coaches immediately after the game. They were Darrius Shepherd and Easton Stick. I understand the enthusiasm for rushing to the marker after a huge win, but I was quite proud to see those two interact with the other team in the manner they did after a hard fought battle.

Kudos to SDSU for being the team we thought they were, and know that that one game really does not define either of these teams, except to say they are both pretty darn good and will be in the national championship hunt. Best of luck to both teams going forward, until we meet again...

Very well said!!!!!

IBleedYellow
October 2nd, 2018, 01:41 PM

I also noticed this - I was actually pretty bummed that our team rushed the Rock as fast as they did. Go congratulate your opponents - then go celebrate. They normally do that even during semifinal victories.

This win must matter more than we think to the boys.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2018, 01:43 PM
I also noticed this - I was actually pretty bummed that our team rushed the Rock as fast as they did. Go congratulate your opponents - then go celebrate. They normally do that even during semifinal victories.

This win must matter more than we think to the boys.They probably thought SDSU was going to steal it and leave town.

Jacks02
October 2nd, 2018, 02:30 PM

I noticed that on TV as well. Class act!

jacksfan29
October 2nd, 2018, 03:58 PM

This win must matter more than we think to the boys.

Both teams have rushed the Rock after every win. It is tradition.

It should also be noted, it is widely known that among NDSU and SDSU players and staffs, winning this game is a very big deal. A lot of older fans still think it is about UND and USD but to the players, the game and the rivalry is NDSU v SDSU.

Preferred Walk-On
October 2nd, 2018, 04:27 PM
Both teams have rushed the Rock after every win. It is tradition.

It should also be noted, it is widely known that among NDSU and SDSU players and staffs, winning this game is a very big deal. A lot of older fans still think it is about UND and USD but to the players, the game and the rivalry is NDSU v SDSU.

Have no problem with them rushing to the marker (hell, they shook hands before the game), but just thought it was refreshing.

The reason this rivalry is what it is is that both teams made the transition together and have been neck-and-neck with each other almost every year near the top of the conference. Also, they have played spoiler to one another more times than I care to remember (SDSU for those NDSU Great West teams and vice versa in the FCS playoffs). This rivalry would not be nearly as fun without both teams being really good.

Hammerhead
October 2nd, 2018, 09:21 PM
It's not like the teams didn't shake hands after the rock was taken from the SDSU sideline.

Kemo
October 3rd, 2018, 02:55 AM
They probably thought SDSU was going to steal it and leave town.

The emotional damage from your old flame still lingers.

Bison fans need to understand that even though there are bad people in this world, not everyone is going to parade your traveling trophy around before retiring it.

Only when you guys allow yourself to be vulnerable will you truly learn to love again.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2018, 07:03 AM

Bison fans need to understand that even though there are bad people in this world, not everyone is going to parade your traveling trophy around before retiring it.

Only when you guys allow yourself to be vulnerable will you truly learn to love again.
OMG I was kidding but your reply is hilarious. It was extra good that you were able to pull out the subconscious pathologies that drove me to make the post in the first. Good catch. :D

Bison56
October 3rd, 2018, 07:19 AM

This made me spit my coffee out this morning. Thanks xlolxxthumbsupxxbowx

IBleedYellow
October 3rd, 2018, 08:22 AM
It's not like the teams didn't shake hands after the rock was taken from the SDSU sideline.

True, had to get that baby back on the side of right. :D

Redbird 4th & short
October 3rd, 2018, 09:23 AM
Do NDSU QBs take a lot of hits while they're handing the ball off 50 times a game and throwing it 15 times a game? More hits than SDSU QBs take?

That might have been the dumbest conjecture about TC I've seen yet.

Nice swing ... but he did kind of tee it up for you.
https://www.brightonco.gov/ImageRepository/Document?documentID=3130 (https://www.brightonco.gov/calendar.aspx?PREVIEW=YES&EID=2974)

Redbird 4th & short
October 3rd, 2018, 09:27 AM

Was that stolen from an Eagle song .. maybe B side of the 45 for "Hotel California" ?

Preferred Walk-On
October 3rd, 2018, 11:36 AM

Was that stolen from an Eagle song .. maybe B side of the 45 for "Hotel California" ?

No, that is from the extended version of "Desperado".

clenz
October 3rd, 2018, 11:37 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181003/5fd340d09da78dc927e6b966be804656.png

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2018, 11:56 AM

What kind of sick ad demented image is this?

IBleedYellow
October 3rd, 2018, 12:25 PM

We won the game. Stop it.

clenz
October 3rd, 2018, 01:23 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181003/fdf0a78c3a823915e7e4cc1e03345b2a.png

IBleedYellow
October 3rd, 2018, 02:50 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181003/fdf0a78c3a823915e7e4cc1e03345b2a.png

https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/8ea/43/dekD4.gif

Thumper 76
October 3rd, 2018, 04:56 PM

This would be much more bearable

Lorne_Malvo
October 3rd, 2018, 05:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9smand2.jpg

cx500d
October 3rd, 2018, 05:49 PM

Bison green looks good on Dallas Goedert. Too bad he didn't have 4 years of wearing it.

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2018, 07:05 PM
This would be much more bearable

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI couldn't imagine having that as my avatar. That would be bad.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2018, 07:06 PM
https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/8ea/43/dekD4.gifWhere's BiDGarciaFan when you need him? xlolx

dewey
October 3rd, 2018, 11:04 PM

Kudos to Goedert for honoring the bet.

I hope the Vikings kick their ass on Sunday.

SKOL & Go Bison!

Dewey

JacksFan40
October 3rd, 2018, 11:38 PM
Bison green looks good on Dallas Goedert. Too bad he didn't have 4 years of wearing it.
Thank god he didn’t have 4 years of wearing it.

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2018, 12:10 AM
Thank god he didn’t have 4 years of wearing it.

You're right, but the good news is that he knows what it feels like to finally wear championship gear.

Thumper 76
October 4th, 2018, 05:59 AM
You're right, but the good news is that he knows what it feels like to finally wear championship gear.

He does get to wear eagles gear every day.

Green1
October 4th, 2018, 09:28 AM

I'm sure that is what he meant. xwhistlex

WeAreThePride
October 4th, 2018, 02:31 PM

Not this **** again.

dewey
October 4th, 2018, 10:17 PM

Considering he wasn't part of their Super Bowl team it doesn't mean too much.

Dewey

CappinHard
October 4th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Considering he wasn't part of their Super Bowl team it doesn't mean too much.

Dewey

Kind of like Wentz? xrolleyesx

dewey
October 4th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Kind of like Wentz? xrolleyesxWell Wentz was actually part of the team while Goedert was still in college. Completely different.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CappinHard
October 5th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Well Wentz was actually part of the team while Goedert was still in college. Completely different.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm well aware. Clearly though, you could have thrown anyone in at QB and won the super bowl with that team last year. If they repeat, it wouldn't be because Wentz is back, it would obviously be because Goedert is there now.

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2018, 11:09 AM
I'm well aware. Clearly though, you could have thrown anyone in at QB and won the super bowl with that team last year. If they repeat, it wouldn't be because Wentz is back, it would obviously be because Goedert is there now.And he finally put on championship gear so he knows now what he has to do to win.

Redbird 4th & short
October 5th, 2018, 11:24 AM
And he finally put on championship gear so he knows now what he has to do to win.

That's all it takes ... sh-t .. send me some Bison gear, I'll wear it if it helps.

P.s. great exchange .. though if this were boxing match, punch count is very close but slight edge to cappin for landing a couple harder punches. Still .. a quality fight both ways !!

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2018, 05:38 PM
That's all it takes ... sh-t .. send me some Bison gear, I'll wear it if it helps.

P.s. great exchange .. though if this were boxing match, punch count is very close but slight edge to cappin for landing a couple harder punches. Still .. a quality fight both ways !!

Kind of like the 2014 National Title game.

TennBison
October 6th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Yeah JMU isn’t losing this year.
Didn't take but a week for you to be proven wrong on that prediction.

POD Knows
October 6th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Didn't take but a week for you to be proven wrong on that prediction.
Nice crowd at the SDSU/ISUb game must be a at least 10000 there

Evolution Prime
October 6th, 2018, 07:54 PM

I'm sure out student crowd headed to Vermillion for D-Days.

Twentysix
October 6th, 2018, 09:27 PM
holy **** ISUb taking SDSU to OT rn. 48-48. Unreal.

POD Knows
October 6th, 2018, 09:30 PM
holy **** ISUb taking SDSU to OT rn. 48-48. Unreal.It hurts our SOS

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2018, 08:56 AM
holy **** ISUb taking SDSU to OT rn. 48-48. Unreal.SDSU and ****ting the bed when it matters most. Name a more iconic duo, I'll wait.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2018, 10:14 AM

I take this as POD making a tongue in cheek comment, it looked kind of sparse to me

mmiller_34
October 7th, 2018, 11:10 AM
SDSU and ****ting the bed when it matters most. Name a more iconic duo, I'll wait.

So true. The only saving grace from last night was that we actually won. In years past this would have been a for sure loss.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2018, 11:41 AM
SDSU and ****ting the bed when it matters most. Name a more iconic duo, I'll wait.

GFCC and creating a committee xcoffeex

OR

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29193&stc=1

POD Knows
October 7th, 2018, 06:40 PM
I take this as POD making a tongue in cheek comment, it looked kind of sparse to me
There was nobody there. Apparently according to one poster on here the SDSU student body goes down to vermillion (USD) rather than going to their own home game

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2018, 07:03 PM
There was nobody there. Apparently according to one poster on here the SDSU student body goes down to vermillion (USD) rather than going to their own home game

Yep, it's happening everywhere these days...... kids have changed and staying for 4 quarters is for old men apparently

CappinHard
October 7th, 2018, 09:30 PM

Nobody = 10,318 xcoffeex

POD Knows
October 7th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Nobody = 10,318 xcoffeex
I guessed 10k. About half full right.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2018, 09:43 PM

The cup or the records?

CappinHard
October 7th, 2018, 09:49 PM

Ha, right... you admitted your 10k comment was tongue in cheek by replying that "there was nobody there".

POD Knows
October 8th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Ha, right... you admitted your 10k comment was tongue in cheek by replying that "there was nobody there".
10k is a pretty light crowd in that big a place.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Yeah it was a bad crowd, would have been a bad crowd in our old stadium too.

Long weekend, it was cold, D-Days was going on (yes many SDSU and USD students travel to the other school during their homecomings to party). Hobo Day is next weekend, we just lost a game, hunting.

SDSU games, while better than its ever been, still will not have a full stadium for many games. Every year follows basically the same trends:

Home opener & Beef Bowl = over 75% full
Hobo Day = over 80% full
If NDSU = sellout, over 95% full
If USD = 75% full

Those are the games people plan to go to. Anything else is a bonus if they go to or not. Our “hardcores” is about 6k right now and they will be at all games regardless.

I dont get too worked up about attendance anymore as it is clear that the administration really doesn’t care how full the stands are as long as they keep the suites and club seats as full as they can. The games are not marketed anywhere (radio, TV, billboards, etc), and it shows.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Yeah it was a bad crowd.

Long weekend, it was cold, D-Days was going on (yes many SDSU and USD students travel to the other school during their homecomings to party). Hobo Day is next weekend, we just lost a game, hunting.

SDSU games, while better than its ever been, still will not have a full stadium for many games. Every year follows basically the same trends:

Home opener & Beef Bowl = over 75% full
Hobo Day = over 80% full
If NDSU = sellout, over 95% full
If USD = 75% full

Those are the games people plan to go to. Anything else is a bonus if they go to or not. Our “hardcores” is about 6k right now and they will be at all games regardless.

I dont get too worked up about attendance anymore as it is clear that the administration really doesn’t care how full the stands are as long as they keep the suites and club seats as full as they can. The games are not marketed anywhere (radio, TV, billboards, etc), and it shows.
Your students down there go to each others homecomings?? Really? I am probably out of touch on this but does this occur anywhere else. Do UND students and NDSU students go to each others homecomings. Do Griz students drive down to Bozeman for their homecoming? That just seems weird to me.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Your students down there go to each others homecomings?? Really? I am probably out of touch on this but does this occur anywhere else. Do UND students and NDSU students go to each others homecomings. Do Griz students drive down to Bozeman for their homecoming? That just seems weird to me.

A lot do. Every year.

JacksFan40
October 8th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Just for the partying, hardly any of them if any at all end up in the Dome. I know Lake Area Tech students who show up to SDSU games end up going to Vermillion, we did that one year when I went there. Also hit up Northern and Dakota State.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Just for the partying, hardly any of them if any at all end up in the Dome. I know Lake Area Tech students who show up to SDSU games end up going to Vermillion, we did that one year when I went there. Also hit up Northern and Dakota State.I honestly have never heard of anybody doing this before, I get the Watertown students going to the homecomings but not the USD/SDSU deal. Maybe it happens all over the place and I am not aware of it.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Your students down there go to each others homecomings?? Really? I am probably out of touch on this but does this occur anywhere else. Do UND students and NDSU students go to each others homecomings. Do Griz students drive down to Bozeman for their homecoming? That just seems weird to me.Never once went to their homecoming to party. I have a moral compass that prohibited me from committing such an atrocity.

IBleedYellow
October 8th, 2018, 10:25 AM
I went to Hobo Days last year with Thumper - but that's because he's a good friend and NDSU was @ YSU that weekend. Slightly different situation.

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2018, 05:43 PM
I honestly have never heard of anybody doing this before, I get the Watertown students going to the homecomings but not the USD/SDSU deal. Maybe it happens all over the place and I am not aware of it.

Never heard of it either.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2018, 06:18 PM
I went to Hobo Days last year with Thumper - but that's because he's a good friend and NDSU was @ YSU that weekend. Slightly different situation.Apples and oranges, these SDSU students went down to Vermillion while SDSU had a freaking home game.

cx500d
October 8th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Why is this thread still going?

POD Knows
October 8th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Why is this thread still going?Because we are picking on SDSU and USD fans.

Elvis was a Bison
April 27th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Neither get's drafted, and yes Taryn is the better QB. You lose all validity when you say otherwise. That being said Jacks win 54-0xlolx
Well, I guess someone forgot to tell the Chargers?

SUPharmacist
April 27th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Did you need this to feel better?

cx500d
April 27th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Post 585 redux

Elvis was a Bison
April 27th, 2019, 08:06 PM
Did you need this to feel better?
No, But apparently you did?

BisonFan02
April 27th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Jeez we are a salty bunch......what are some of you guys gonna do when you have to have some hubris and eat crow?

BisonFan02
April 27th, 2019, 08:36 PM
No, But apparently you did?

36 posts since 2014....go back to Bisonville.

Elvis was a Bison
April 28th, 2019, 08:09 AM
36 posts since 2014....go back to Bisonville.
Unlike you, I don't post until I have something to say....

cx500d
April 28th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Somewhat ironic

Bison56
April 28th, 2019, 08:16 AM

Still nothing.......

Elvis was a Bison
April 28th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Still nothing.......
Go ahead, the request line is open.

cx500d
April 28th, 2019, 08:26 AM
Go ahead, the request line is open.
The post about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQnaRtNMGMI

Elvis was a Bison
April 28th, 2019, 08:41 AM
Got anything that actually works?

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 28th, 2019, 11:23 AM

BV getting boring?

What exactly was your point with bumping/trolling this thtead?

BisonTru
April 28th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Jeez we are a salty bunch......what are some of you guys gonna do when you have to have some hubris and eat crow?

They'll disappear.

clenz
April 28th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Good flex bump bro.

Hope you feel better about your micro peen now...

BisonFan02
April 28th, 2019, 09:35 PM
They'll disappear.

I remember losing some early when Montana beat the Bison in an opener....the rube crowd is already smaller than it used to be....but I guess it comes in waves.

BisonTru
April 28th, 2019, 10:24 PM
I remember losing some early when Montana beat the Bison in an opener....the rube crowd is already smaller than it used to be....but I guess it comes in waves.

There’s the chattown model. Vocal and arrogant when your winning. Long gone when you lose. Wash rinse repeat.

JSUSoutherner
May 1st, 2019, 04:24 PM
There’s the chattown model. Vocal and arrogant when your winning. Long gone when you lose. Wash rinse repeat.

When was UTC winning? I must have missed it.

POD Knows
May 1st, 2019, 05:57 PM
When was UTC winning? I must have missed it.
Usually before the season started and reality set in

TheKingpin28
May 1st, 2019, 07:25 PM
Usually before the season started and reality set inAnd discussed inside a Subway Sandwich store.

Winterborn
May 6th, 2019, 12:53 PM
And discussed inside a Subway Sandwich store.

It is not a discussion if one is talking to oneself.

TheKingpin28
May 6th, 2019, 10:11 PM
It is not a discussion if one is talking to oneself.

Clearly you have never stepped into a Walmart after 2am... xcoffeex

Winterborn
May 7th, 2019, 08:15 AM
Clearly you have never stepped into a Walmart after 2am... xcoffeex

Nope. I avoid Wally World even during the daylight hours. :D

I only go there as a last resort and that is usually for something little that broke unexpectedly.

TheKingpin28
May 7th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Nope. I avoid Wally World even during the daylight hours. :D

I only go there as a last resort and that is usually for something little that broke unexpectedly.

Once you step into a Wal-Mart after 2am, you immediately realize all that you thought you knew about society, is completely thrown out of the window.

Winterborn
May 7th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Once you step into a Wal-Mart after 2am, you immediately realize all that you thought you knew about society, is completely thrown out of the window.

I don't know. I have been to the backwoods of Kentucky and downtown Portland at 2am.......

Sycamore62
May 7th, 2019, 01:36 PM
I don't know. I have been to the backwoods of Kentucky and downtown Portland at 2am.......
but did you go to the Walmart there?

Bisonoline
May 7th, 2019, 01:56 PM

Those people are at Walmart during all times of the day. If youre talking 2-3am Waffle House is your go to.

TheKingpin28
May 7th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Those people are at Walmart during all times of the day. If youre talking 2-3am Waffle House is your go to.I know I've been in a Waffle House at 2am, I dont remember ever setting foot in one. Panama City Beach FL was a fun spring break.

Derby City Duke
May 7th, 2019, 03:19 PM

You don't need to go to the Kentucky backwoods to see that stuff...

BEAR
May 10th, 2019, 08:20 AM
Hey my son got a letter from Dakota State. I thought it was the JackRabbits because the colors were close to the same blue and yellow. But it wasn't SDSU, just Dakota State. I've never heard of them before. Had to look them up. Their apparently in Madison, South Dakota. Are they a system school of SDSU? Looks like they are changing their colors too. Looking at their athletics they are NAIA.

https://dsu.edu/assets/images/[email protected]

http://www.dsuathletics.com/images/2018-19/DSU-Athletics-logo-19.jpg

clenz
May 10th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Let me really blow your mind....

Do some research on a place called USDSU

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
May 10th, 2019, 12:24 PM

It's about to become USDSF. And then maybe SFCC or SDCC the way things are going.

CappinHard
May 10th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Hey my son got a letter from Dakota State. I thought it was the JackRabbits because the colors were close to the same blue and yellow. But it wasn't SDSU, just Dakota State. I've never heard of them before. Had to look them up. Their apparently in Madison, South Dakota. Are they a system school of SDSU? Looks like they are changing their colors too. Looking at their athletics they are NAIA.

No affiliation with SDSU. They have decent NAIA programs, but on the education side they have great IT programs if he's interested in that, specifically Cyber Security.

BisonFan02
May 10th, 2019, 07:50 PM
No affiliation with SDSU. They have decent NAIA programs, but on the education side they have great IT programs if he's interested in that, specifically Cyber Security.

Dakota State plays in the Northstar....which is an island of misfit toys. :D

cx500d
May 11th, 2019, 08:40 AM

They ruined it by making it a branch of USD

BEAR
May 11th, 2019, 10:27 AM
I just thought it was strange but kinda cool to get info on that Dakota school here in Arkansas. We've gotten 16 postcards and letters to Oklahoma State, numerous ones to schools here in the state, and a few from Texas and Louisiana schools but not much past the southern region.

clenz
May 11th, 2019, 11:05 AM
I just thought it was strange but kinda cool to get info on that Dakota school here in Arkansas. We've gotten 16 postcards and letters to Oklahoma State, numerous ones to schools here in the state, and a few from Texas and Louisiana schools but not much past the southern region.Small private schools (which DSU isn't practice private I realize) up north spent a bunch of resources recruiting internationally and outside of the region.

People in the area know about the schools. Often times unless sports or family history have a tie to a kid they know the success rate for recruiting "locally" is lower - which is why the student population at most private schools schools around here have like a 80+% athletic/music participation rate for enrollment

But they can offer massive financial packages to kids out of region to make the cost cheaper than local or state schools (because the sticker price is so inflated).

The students private D3 I played football at that weren't involved in sports/music were almost all exclusively from it of region

Evolution Prime
May 13th, 2019, 08:32 AM

My son is heading there in January after basic training and school for the National Guard. He is going there for the IT program. He really liked it when he went to a computer camp there when he was a sophomore in high school.