PDA

View Full Version : UD Pro Day - Ben Patrick was the focus

YoUDeeMan
March 23rd, 2007, 09:59 AM
UD had its Pro Day yesterday.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070323/SPORTS13/703230372/1002/SPORTS

"Things are going pretty well for me," Patrick said. "There are still some things I want to get better at. I wouldn't be the athlete I am if I was satisfied with where I am now."

Embry and Chryst had Patrick do some shuttle runs between cones that concluded with him being thrown a pass. He later ran a variety of patterns and was thrown balls high and low to see if he could make tougher catches, which he usually did. A stiff wind, wet field and fatigue added to the difficulty factor.

"We've already seen him with helmet and shoulder pads on," Chryst said, referring to the all-star games. "We've already seen him at the combine. This particular workout is a little different. ... You're just looking at basics, how an athlete moves his body.

"For example, when you throw him the ball, how do his eyes track the ball? The field is wet. What's his body balance like if his foot slips out? Does he go head over heels or can he control it? So, in every situation, you just gather kind of an athletic profile. You can see balance, center of gravity."