PDA

View Full Version : Bison B-Ball coaching moveing up

spelunker64
March 22nd, 2007, 07:41 AM
Tim Miles took a postion as the head coach for Colorado State...

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=160349&section=news

Mr. C
March 22nd, 2007, 07:53 AM
Interesting move. Colorado State really hasn't been a consistent winner since former Fresno State coach Boyd Grant returned to his alma mater. How do you think Miles will do? What are his ties to CSU?

spelunker64
March 22nd, 2007, 07:59 AM
Not really any ties other than losing to them twice and they play in Fargo next year. My co-worker reffed college ball for 25 years in the north-central district and has known Tim since he started in Northern State in Aberdeen as an assisstant then moved onto SW State in MN, then to Mayville State, and finannly to NDSU. Great coach, players love and respect him. I think he'll do a great job in Ft. Collins.

bison95
March 22nd, 2007, 08:51 AM
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

spelunker64
March 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Yep xmadx

bison95
March 22nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'm gonna miss Timmmmmmay! Class guy, great coach!

spelunker64
March 22nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
Who's the replacement, Leaf from Winona. Smith from Mayville?

Saul?

bison95
March 22nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Who's the replacement, Leaf from Winona. Smith from Mayville?

Saul?

I would like to see them look bigger first, maybe an assistant from Wisconsin, Creighton, UNI! A coach that can recruit and coach players in a similiar system and environment. Then look at Leaf! I am sure he would love a year to get to know D-1 and then take this team to the Turny! Maybe he is the best guy, I don't know. I do think we can trust our AD, he hasn't let us down yet!

appfan2008
March 22nd, 2007, 10:07 AM
ndsu should have won that incredible game earlier this year against ksu

spelunker64
March 22nd, 2007, 10:16 AM
I would like to see them look bigger first, maybe an assistant from Wisconsin, Creighton, UNI! A coach that can recruit and coach players in a similiar system and environment. Then look at Leaf! I am sure he would love a year to get to know D-1 and then take this team to the Turny! Maybe he is the best guy, I don't know. I do think we can trust our AD, he hasn't let us down yet!

Sounds about right. xnodx

NDSUFREAK
March 22nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
xbawlingx Tim Miles xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

The next time he will be at the BSA is next year when he comes with CSU. I will give him a standing O for what he has done with this program. I gate how he is gone but I am proud for him and can't thank him enough. +++++++++

spelunker64
March 23rd, 2007, 08:06 AM
Steve Hallstrom speculated that it would be Saul Phillips job to take. I've also heard that Miles might take Craig Smith with him to CSU.

ncbears
March 23rd, 2007, 10:58 AM
Interesting move. Colorado State really hasn't been a consistent winner since former Fresno State coach Boyd Grant returned to his alma mater. How do you think Miles will do? What are his ties to CSU?

He's got a decent team to work with. I think it depends on if Jason Smith decides to stay at school or go to the NBA. I've seen Smith play several times since he's been playing in college and he needs to stay for his senior year.

CollegeSportsInfo
March 23rd, 2007, 12:56 PM
Miles is a great coach and I wish him the best. Personally I look at the thread title and think the word "Up" should be replaced with "On", but that's just me. NDSU is now a good job for a replacement, regardless of who it is.

WYOBISONMAN
March 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
I think the hardest thing to replace will be the fact that Miles was such a good game coach. He can make adjustments and really get a team back in a game. Bohl has also been the same way with his football coaching. That ability to be a great game coach really pays off!

ncbears
March 23rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Miles is a great coach and I wish him the best. Personally I look at the thread title and think the word "Up" should be replaced with "On", but that's just me. NDSU is now a good job for a replacement, regardless of who it is.

Believe me, it's a move "up"

bison95
March 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2812900

Position Filled

spelunker64
March 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Did they spend more than 15 minutes making this decision? I didn't hear of one outside canidate that was interview or contacted.

Bison05
March 27th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Did they spend more than 15 minutes making this decision? I didn't hear of one outside canidate that was interview or contacted.
Go to gobison.com and watch the interview. I think that will answer your question better than I can.

spelunker64
March 27th, 2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=697&SPSID=11898&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=834120
Director of Athletics Gene Taylor

“This is a very attractive job. I know we would get quality candidates for this position. I had a couple of people in my mind that I was going to go after that I feel very comfortable with and they would have been very good coaches here. But I kept coming back to who was the best coach for this program? And it came back to Saul Phillips and somebody I’m very excited about being our next basketball coach.”

“You have to look at the type of person they are. I think Saul Phillips is an outstanding individual. He’s a person with a lot of integrity and character and I couldn’t be more pleased to introduce Saul Phillips as our new basketball coach.”

On selecting Phillips instead of opening the selection process outside:

“I thought Saul was the best for this program. Saul’s a very good coach. The only difference is he hasn’t been a head coach before. There is no coach I could have found in the country that was more passionate about this job. And to me, that’s what we need.”

I'm not saying it's a terrible move, but how do you know if you don't find out what else is out there?

Bison05
March 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=697&SPSID=11898&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=834120
Director of Athletics Gene Taylor

“This is a very attractive job. I know we would get quality candidates for this position. I had a couple of people in my mind that I was going to go after that I feel very comfortable with and they would have been very good coaches here. But I kept coming back to who was the best coach for this program? And it came back to Saul Phillips and somebody I’m very excited about being our next basketball coach.”

“You have to look at the type of person they are. I think Saul Phillips is an outstanding individual. He’s a person with a lot of integrity and character and I couldn’t be more pleased to introduce Saul Phillips as our new basketball coach.”

On selecting Phillips instead of opening the selection process outside:

“I thought Saul was the best for this program. Saul’s a very good coach. The only difference is he hasn’t been a head coach before. There is no coach I could have found in the country that was more passionate about this job. And to me, that’s what we need.”

I'm not saying it's a terrible move, but how do you know if you don't find out what else is out there?

The problem is that the late signing date is right around the corner, and I think the administration was happy with Saul and wanted to keep continuity in the program, especialy since we are still going through the transitition process.

crunifan
March 27th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Here's hoping to get a good coach for the Bison. I have a feeling that a few years down the road North Dakota State and South Dakota State could be asked to join the MVC.

If Evansville doesn't get competitive in a few years, it is heavily rumored they will leave to join a league they can better compete in.

spelunker64
March 27th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Here's hoping to get a good coach for the Bison. I have a feeling that a few years down the road North Dakota State and South Dakota State could be asked to join the MVC.

If Evansville doesn't get competitive in a few years, it is heavily rumored they will leave to join a league they can better compete in.

What's wrong with the Mid-Con???

bison95
March 27th, 2007, 04:03 PM
What's wrong with the Mid-Con???
We would jump to the MVC in a heart beatxnodx xnodx a top 5 basketball conference year in and year outxthumbsupx

spelunker64
April 4th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Steve Hallstrom speculated that it would be Saul Phillips job to take. I've also heard that Miles might take Craig Smith with him to CSU.

Called it, this was no Nostradamus like prediction, but... xrulesx

Mayville State’s Smith to join Miles

The Colorado State men’s basketball team on Tuesday added another coach with ties to North Dakota.

Mayville State men’s basketball coach Craig Smith was named Colorado State’s director of basketball operations, reuniting the former North Dakota State assistant with mentor Tim Miles.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=161731