PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming 17 Wofford 14 Final

woffordgrad94
September 15th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. This one hurts. We had a great chance to pick up an FBS win. But we just didn’t do it. A turnover deep in our own territory leading to a FG turned out to be the difference. You simply can’t turn the ball over in a game like this. Also, I would’ve went for that 4th and 3 from the 50 late in the 4th. We get three yards and we run out the clock and win. But we punt, they get the ball and score a TD and we lose. There are no moral victories. No “repping the SoCon well” or any of that cliched junk. We expected to win this game and we couldn’t get the job done plain and simple. Everytime we lose a turnover seems to figure into it.

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2018, 06:28 PM
This one is on the head coach. Bad playcalling at key times is what cost us IMO. Throwing a deep pass while in FG range when your QB is prone to bad decisions, not going for it on fourth and short when a first down wins the game.

Our defense played fine and it sucks that they drove the field on that last possession, but if you've watched wofford football for the last decade, you're not surprised. The ~25 yards wasn't worth much if we hypothetically didn't get it.

Lorne_Malvo
September 15th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Fans calling for Bohl and Vigens heads.

woffordgrad94
September 15th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Not really surprised by that...

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Honestly, I can see why. Wofford's mistakes via turnovers gave it to them, but without them and Wofford's bad playcalling on the aforementioned 2 plays, Wofford wins this game almost easily. And the reason why that is is because Boehl's playcalling was terrible. They were depleted in their run game between our defense and their injuries and they didn't trust their QB to pass down field (our weakness) until the last drive.

Just compare how NDSU pulverized us last year. They used the pass to set up the run because we play zone most of the time if not all the time.

But Wyoming didn't adjust.

We should have won this game because Wyoming's gameplan and play calling were to our advantage.

But our coach had no faith in our offense to make 3 yards.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 15th, 2018, 07:41 PM
I was pulling for Wofford. :(

woffordgrad94
September 15th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Mile Ayers would have went for that late 4th and 3 from the 50

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2018, 10:41 PM

Someone should tell them that Wyoming is just a slower/less successful version of NDSU and they should temper their enthusiasm as a G5 program with no real history of winning.

Bisonator
September 15th, 2018, 10:45 PM
Someone should tell them that Wyoming is just a slower/less successful version of NDSU and they should temper their enthusiasm as a G5 program with no real history of winning.

Wyoming ain't even ****ing close to NDSU. They can have our sloppy seconds.xlolx

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Wyoming ain't even ****ing close to NDSU. They can have our sloppy seconds.xlolx

I was just trying to let them down gently. xlolx

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 11:05 PM
Oh cmon, they’d be a solid pack player in the big sky.

centennial
September 16th, 2018, 12:46 AM
NDSU's backups would run wild on Wyoming. It's just that place Lamarie. No one want to live there. Anything interesting, you have to go to Colorado.

woffordgrad94
September 16th, 2018, 06:10 AM
Deleted

semobison
September 16th, 2018, 06:41 AM
Goddamn I wish those arrogant bullying NDSU motherfluckers would get the god damned hell on to the flucking FBS already...insufferable bastards. Jesus motherflucking Christ! Goddamned son of a bitch cocksucking assholes. Balls on a chin with a gay-ass dookie-covered pecker on top!

Lol! Yep, some of my fellow Bison fans make me cringe with their obnoxious over the top posts! For some it's just too easy to be an a$$hole when your team is on top. Nice effort by Wofford yesterday!

longtimemocfan
September 16th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Lol! Yep, some of my fellow Bison fans make me cringe with their obnoxious over the top posts! For some it's just too easy to be an a$$hole when your team is on top. Nice effort by Wofford yesterday!Good post. Sometimes it's best not to come in beating your chest after a team just went through a emotional loss.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 16th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Deleted
Why did you try and delete your post, it was freaking awesome and balls on. I was going to rep you

POD Knows
September 16th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by woffordgrad94 http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2674145#post2674145)
Goddamn I wish those arrogant bullying NDSU motherfluckers would get the god damned hell on to the flucking FBS already...insufferable bastards. Jesus motherflucking Christ! Goddamned son of a bitch cocksucking assholes. Balls on a chin with a gay-ass dookie-covered pecker on top

POST OF THE YEAR NOMINEE , BRAVO xbowx

Reign of Terrier
September 16th, 2018, 10:45 AM
NDSU is way better than Wyoming, at least offensively. I'm pissed at this game because they gave it to us and we couldn't capitalize and I seriously believe it was an error to not go for it on fourth down.

We were down 2 defensive starters and the altitude was 2x anything we had ever played sans a 41-0 loss to AFA in 2003, but I still think we should have won this one.

This one hurts worse than any socon loss in the last five years tbh. Only comparable one is probably GSU 2011 in the playoffs.

Reign of Terrier
September 16th, 2018, 10:49 AM
FWIW I could definitely see the similarities between NDSU and Wyoming offensively. Bohl runs the same offense (I can't speak to the defense) The difference was that NDSU has a QB they could trust and if Wyoming followed the NDSU game plan from last year (set up the run with the pass) they may have had us on the ropes much earlier.

NDSU probably has a better defense. It's hard to tell because I think our offense is measurably better this year when we don't try to be too cute.

cx500d
September 16th, 2018, 10:49 AM
NDSU is way better than Wyoming, at least offensively. I'm pissed at this game because they gave it to us and we couldn't capitalize and I seriously believe it was an error to not go for it on fourth down.

We were down 2 defensive starters and the altitude was 2x anything we had ever played sans a 41-0 loss to AFA in 2003, but I still think we should have won this one.

This one hurts worse than any socon loss in the last five years tbh. Only comparable one is probably GSU 2011 in the playoffs.

the altitude in Laramie is about 1100 feet higher than AFA. Wyoming has the highest elevation of all Div1 schools

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2018, 11:55 AM
FWIW I could definitely see the similarities between NDSU and Wyoming offensively. Bohl runs the same offense (I can't speak to the defense) The difference was that NDSU has a QB they could trust and if Wyoming followed the NDSU game plan from last year (set up the run with the pass) they may have had us on the ropes much earlier.

NDSU probably has a better defense. It's hard to tell because I think our offense is measurably better this year when we don't try to be too cute.

Its the same scheme on D too. Bohl is a defensive coach and his D coordinator Hazelton was also on the NDSU staff (including the 2011 natty). We were following the game in the dome and rooting for you guys.

woffordgrad94
September 16th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Why did you try and delete your post, it was freaking awesome and balls on. I was going to rep you
I had a very tough night at work last night. Lots of people got contaminated in the plant...

POD Knows
September 16th, 2018, 04:39 PM
I had a very tough night at work last night. Lots of people got contaminated in the plant...I was serious, I love posts like that, plus it was mostly true

woffordgrad94
September 16th, 2018, 04:41 PM
I was serious, I love posts like that, plus it was mostly true
Not gonna deny there was truth in it... I was just still feeling a little bad about it...guess I can be a little soft

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Not gonna deny there was truth in it... I was just still feeling a little bad about it...guess I can be a little soft

I'd of left it up too. I thought it was funny. Didn't see the game but sounds like a heartbreaker.

cx500d
September 16th, 2018, 06:36 PM
I had a very tough night at work last night. Lots of people got contaminated in the plant...

Savannah River?

woffordgrad94
September 16th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Savannah River?
James Fitzpatrick Nuclear Plant near Oswego, NY.

woffordgrad94
September 16th, 2018, 07:20 PM
I just I’ll say this and leave it at this. When a North Dakota State fan takes a dump, it stinks up the restroom just as much as when a VMI fan takes one.

cx500d
September 16th, 2018, 08:21 PM
I just I’ll say this and leave it at this. When a North Dakota State fan takes a dump, it stinks up the restroom just as much as when a VMI fan takes one.

When you consider North Dakota is the leading producer of dry beans, navy beans, pinto beans, and lentils, it might stink worse...

Go...gate
September 16th, 2018, 09:37 PM
I was pulling for Wofford. :(

Same here.