10/20 at Indiana State
10/27 North Carolina Central
11/3 at Chattanooga
11/10 Troy
11/17 Morehead State
11/24 at North Texas

OL FU
March 20th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Is WKU out of FCS for the 2007 season. It looks like it. I have not been sure of the effective date.

Welcome Back UNHWildcats

dbackjon
March 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Interesting

1 BCS, 5 Lower level FBS, 5 FCS (one non-schollie), and 1 D-II.

Five home games - wonder how the Hilltopper faithful are taking that?

dbackjon
March 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Is WKU out of FCS for the 2007 season. It looks like it. I have not been sure of the effective date.

Welcome Back UNHWildcats

yes they are not FCS this year.

UNHWildCats
March 20th, 2007, 01:05 PM

Welcome Back UNHWildcats

Officially there a FBS Independent this season. I didnt realize that on my schedule spreadsheet until I already had about half there schedule and since it includes almosty half there opponents from FCS i kept them on and posted the complete schedule here. Though I suppose it will prolly be moved to other sports

AZGrizFan
March 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM
9/1 at Florida
9/8 West Virginia Tech
9/15 Eastern Kentucky
9/20 at Middle Tennessee
9/29 at Bowling Green
10/6 Idle
10/13 at Ball State
10/20 at Indiana State
10/27 North Carolina Central
11/3 at Chattanooga
11/10 Troy
11/17 Morehead State
11/24 at North Texas

How does a school trying to move up schedule Florida and West Virgina Tech in the same season? xconfusedx xconfusedx

GannonFan
March 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Yuck, if I were a Hilltopper fan (and I would be feeling pretty much alone considering the sparse attendance they have for home games anyway) I'd be mightily disappointed with this schedule. The home slate is West Virginia Tech, Eastern Kentucky, North Carolina Central, Troy, and Morehead St. Yuck. They moved up to FBS just so they could play Florida on the road (which I'm sure they could do as an FCS team), and then play home games against an NAIA team (W VA Tech) and a DII team (NC Central)? As I said, yuck. This wouldn't be a great FCS schedule.

UNHWildCats
March 20th, 2007, 01:16 PM
How does a school trying to move up schedule Florida and West Virgina Tech in the same season? xconfusedx xconfusedx

They had said early on that they wanted to do 6 FCS and 6 FBS games, im guessing they couldnt get another FCS team to bite and im not sure if they just didnt want another FBS game or they couldnt find one.

appfan2008
March 20th, 2007, 02:05 PM
this schedule is embarrasing... also i have never understood their choice to move up being that they dont draw well at home and also their team is not that good

Libertine
March 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
WV Tech dropped to NAIA after the '05 season.

chattanoogamocs
March 21st, 2007, 01:39 AM
Nice...when the Mocs win in Chattanooga, they can say they beat an FBS team :)

Killtoppers90
March 21st, 2007, 08:03 AM
Nice...when the Mocs win in Chattanooga, they can say they beat an FBS team :)
Not gonna happen!

lizrdgizrd
March 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
Yuck, if I were a Hilltopper fan (and I would be feeling pretty much alone considering the sparse attendance they have for home games anyway) I'd be mightily disappointed with this schedule. The home slate is West Virginia Tech, Eastern Kentucky, North Carolina Central, Troy, and Morehead St. Yuck. They moved up to FBS just so they could play Florida on the road (which I'm sure they could do as an FCS team), and then play home games against an NAIA team (W VA Tech) and a DII team (NC Central)? As I said, yuck. This wouldn't be a great FCS schedule.
Isn't NC Central a transition team now? (to FCS)

appfan2008
March 21st, 2007, 05:05 PM
Isn't NC Central a transition team now? (to FCS)
yeah i think they are fully fcs in 08

EKU05
March 21st, 2007, 06:00 PM
I'm as skeptical of the move as anyone, but most of this thread is absurd for the snap judgement. Transitional schedules always suck. They have no conference to lean on for 7 or 8 games like essentially everyone who criticized this schedule's team does. Very few peer FBS programs want to play a team like that where there is nothing to gain and everything to lose. It's just a tough process. It won't be fair to evaluate their schedule until another 2 or 3 years has passed.

Some people will bash anything without even thinking. Sometimes it gets so bad that it makes a Colonel come on and defend the goat-toppers...

I'm going to go vomit now.

appfan2008
March 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM
I'm as skeptical of the move as anyone, but most of this thread is absurd for the snap judgement. Transitional schedules always suck. They have no conference to lean on for 7 or 8 games like essentially everyone who criticized this schedule's team does. Very few peer FBS programs want to play a team like that where there is nothing to gain and everything to lose. It's just a tough process. It won't be fair to evaluate their schedule until another 2 or 3 years has past.

Some people will bash anything without even thinking. Sometimes it gets so bad that it makes a Colonel come on and defend the goat-toppers...

good point... especially us App fans who have nothing yet :( xbawlingx xnonono2x xnonono2x xmadx

Killtoppers90
March 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM
I'm as skeptical of the move as anyone, but most of this thread is absurd for the snap judgement. Transitional schedules always suck. They have no conference to lean on for 7 or 8 games like essentially everyone who criticized this schedule's team does. Very few peer FBS programs want to play a team like that where there is nothing to gain and everything to lose. It's just a tough process. It won't be fair to evaluate their schedule until another 2 or 3 years has past.

Thanks for the defense anyway EKU! I won't tell anyone if you won't!xthumbsupx

March 21st, 2007, 11:40 PM
Isn't NC Central a transition team now? (to FCS)Yes, you are right.

Fresno St. Alum
March 22nd, 2007, 01:38 AM
I wonder how long it will take for WKU to get to a bowl. Let see 64 teams go to a bowl, 120 FBS teams, carry the 1, divide by X. 2013 sounds about right.

lizrdgizrd
March 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Yes, you are right.
They'll count as a DI team in '08 and be playoff eligible in '11? Is my math right there?

wkuhillhound
March 22nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
this schedule is embarrasing... also i have never understood their choice to move up being that they dont draw well at home and also their team is not that good

You wouldn't be saying that 2000 - 2006 seasons. They won a national championship (2002) and went to 5 straight playoffs during those years except for 2005 & 2006.

dbackjon
March 22nd, 2007, 09:47 AM
They'll count as a DI team in '08 and be playoff eligible in '11? Is my math right there?

We're docking you 500 posts for that..

WKU is ALREADY D-I. And there are no playoffs in FBS.

They are full FBS in 2008, and bowl-eligible then.

lizrdgizrd
March 22nd, 2007, 11:06 AM
We're docking you 500 posts for that..

WKU is ALREADY D-I. And there are no playoffs in FBS.

They are full FBS in 2008, and bowl-eligible then.
I was referring to NCCU, thankyouverymuch. xcoffeex xsmiley_wix

dbackjon
March 22nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
I was referring to NCCU, thankyouverymuch. xcoffeex xsmiley_wix

You're very welcome.xsmiley_wix

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 22nd, 2007, 01:23 PM

All their other sports were already in the Sun Belt. You think there might have been just a little pressure to bring their football into the fold? JMHO, but this was a different scenario than Tx State or JMU or ASU or Davis or ______ talking about going FBS.