PDA

View Full Version : McNeese OC Joins Raiders at WR Coach

TexasTerror
March 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM
McNeese can't seem to keep their hands on any coaches right now. Not like this is a bad thing though as this is a huge compliment to Henry who will take the dual role of quality control/receivers coach with the Raiders. Best of luck to Henry. Any word from you Pokes on who will be the OC?

==================
Adam Henry resigns as McNeese offensive coordinator to join the Oakland Raiders

Cowboy coach will become quality control/receivers coach with the Raiders

March 19, 2007

Adam Henry has resigned his position as offensive coordinator and receivers coach at McNeese State to become quality control/receivers coach with the Oakland Raiders.

The 34 year Henry, a native of Beaumont, TX, has been a member of the McNeese coaching staff for the past 10 seasons and prior to that had played four years with the Cowboys.

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime," Henry said. "It really came out of the blue but I have always wanted to coach in the NFL."

Cowboy head coach Matt Viator said, "Congratulations to Coach Henry for getting the chance to coach in the National Football League. I have had the privilege of working with him for eight years and I am not the least bit surprised he is getting this opportunity. As a professional, Coach Henry did a great job of both coaching and recruiting. As a person, Adam is as good as any I have ever been around. I will miss my friend."

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031907aaa.html

Mr. C
March 20th, 2007, 08:10 AM
So, how big a hit is this for the Cowboys, particularly considering the timing of spring football? Who will Matt Viator name as a replacement?

Cobblestone
March 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Congrats to him, nice big step up.

McNeese75
March 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
I heard something about Jerry Rice coming to town :D

Seriously, we hate to lose Coach Henry as he is a fine coach and a great person. Considering the fact we had his coaching skill on staff for 10 years we have been blessed. Best of luck to him in the NFL.xthumbsupx

No news on who will replace him but I am sure Coach Viator will fill the vacancy soon after they finish with spring practice. The good thing is, the new coach has a very nice stable of experienced receivers returning. xnodx

McNeese75
March 20th, 2007, 09:26 AM
McNeese can't seem to keep their hands on any coaches right now.

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031907aaa.html

Seems to be in the water at a lot of schools these days doesnt it???

Bearkatpresident
March 20th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Man, that's an awesome boost in reputation for the school.

Still sucks for ya'lls current team though

Congrats to Coach Henry

buckp
March 20th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Congrats to Coach Henry - hope he does great! xbowx

McNeese will not skip a beat....:D

McTailGator
March 25th, 2007, 03:56 PM
So, how big a hit is this for the Cowboys, particularly considering the timing of spring football? Who will Matt Viator name as a replacement?

The biggest hit is in the future. Henry was probably our best recruiter and an all around GREAT guy. He will be missed.

As a recievers coach, his guy's were always in the right place and worked hard. Best blocking recievers in the SLC IMO. They always did a good job blocking down field.

But ultimately it was his ability as a recruiter that will hurt.

Viator to begin search for new OC and WR coach after Spring Drills are completed next week.

PSUVikings
March 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I heard something about Jerry Rice coming to town :D

Seriously, we to lose Coach Henry as he is a fine coach and a great person. Considering the fact we had his coaching skill on staff for 10 years we have been blessed. Best of luck to him in the NFL.xthumbsupx

No news on who will replace him but I am sure Coach Viator will fill the vacancy soon after they finish with spring practice. The good thing is, the new coach has a very nice stable of experienced receivers returning. xnodx

Let us know who you guys hire

McNeese75
March 25th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Let us know who you guys hire

Oh TT will have it posted here before we know about it :D

PSUVikings
March 25th, 2007, 08:42 PM
lol he sure gets FCS info quickly