PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs West Virginia

Paladin1aa
September 5th, 2018, 10:18 AM
After laying an egg against non-scholly Butler, YSU travels to WVU to pick up a paycheck. The question is, will they regain their self respect in this game or roll over, play dead and get it over quick ?

How bad will it be ? My guess is WVU will turn them loose the first half , then coast with subs the 2nd half. WVU 52-14

cx500d
September 5th, 2018, 06:23 PM
After laying an egg against non-scholly Butler, YSU travels to WVU to pick up a paycheck. The question is, will they regain their self respect in this game or roll over, play dead and get it over quick ?

How bad will it be ? My guess is WVU will turn them loose the first half , then coast with subs the 2nd half. WVU 52-14

Only one less TD than against Butler's vaunted defense?

Paladin1aa
September 5th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Got to expect WVU to clear the bench 2nd half. They won’t risk anything on a meaningless game at that point. YSU has a couple of weapons. They’ll score.

Penguin Nation
September 5th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Records will be broken. Including this one for most passing yards.

514 yards, Alcorn State, 1994

56 - 10 and an already beleaguered Scumbag U squad has even more injuries.

Twentysix
September 5th, 2018, 08:46 PM

It would be absolutely hilarious if YSU somehow beats WVU. Get Pelini to pay the refs or something.

The Yo Show
September 5th, 2018, 09:14 PM
It would be absolutely hilarious if YSU somehow beats WVU. Get Pelini to pay the refs or something.

It would be hilarious... But it ain't gonna happen. And why would he pay them? He generally screams at them all game.

Paladin1aa
September 5th, 2018, 09:16 PM
I was at that game, PN. McNair was unreal as YSU gave up yds. with little scoring. YSU blew them off the field.

I agree, WVU May break record for passing yds against YSU.

Twentysix
September 5th, 2018, 10:46 PM
A loss to a nonschollie into a top 15 win would be the ultimate week to week chaos. That would have to be the most entertaining and unexpected out come for as long as I've watched the fcs. Make it happen!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

furpal87
September 6th, 2018, 01:14 AM
We did something similar to that in 1985 lost to Newberry (D-2) then beat NCSU by 3 TDs the next weekend.

Lehigh'98
September 6th, 2018, 06:39 AM
I was at that game, PN. McNair was unreal as YSU gave up yds. with little scoring. YSU blew them off the field.

was there too. Lot of hype for that Alcorn team.

Bisonator
September 6th, 2018, 07:53 AM
This will be ugly.......that is all.

Penguin Nation
September 6th, 2018, 10:55 AM

I remember that game well. I lived and worked in MN, and got off work early to just watch the game (was on cable up there). That was back when YSU (now Scumbag U) had a legit college FB atmosphere. A fun game to watch and one of my all-time favorites. IIRC, there were ppl even sitting behind the north end zones in the grass.

centennial
September 6th, 2018, 11:51 AM
I'll be happy in guins knock off WVU. So much chaos. It'll be a fun game to watch.

Reign of Terrier
September 6th, 2018, 11:54 AM
West Virginia pulverized UTK, I think they'll score closer to 60 with their air raid offense.

Herder
September 6th, 2018, 12:08 PM
I think that the egg laid vs. Bulter with help Youngstown make this a game. They've got a lot to prove. Not willing to give WV all-world status, and think the Guins can stick with them.

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Yes, PN, the game was televised. Big hype job. Was unusual to see overflow sitting on the grass under the scoreboard watching the game. Great game environment. McNair was the real deal but Alcorn was shutoff from scoring by the Guins. They wiped the field with them. But McNair racked up yards between the red zones.

This WVU QB, as a Heisman candidate will be given every opportunity to rack up numbers against a weak FCS program. And the Butler QB tore up YSUs poor secondary. So, yes, PN. The record may get broken.

Paladin1aa
September 6th, 2018, 12:40 PM
BTW, the game notes show YSU starting the same secondary ( 2 new backups at the Ss and a new corner who got torched for 14 completions to just one receiver for over 100 yds). Butler used a lot of 3 step drop that YSU couldn’t stop. It was only on 5 step drop that they got some pressure on Butler. Don’t see that happening with WVU. They will neutralize YSU DE rush. Since I’ve made a point of pointing out YSU poor recruiting that showed vs. a non- scholly team, let’s see how they stack up here.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Latest weather update may take the chance of breaking the passing record against YSU off the table. Rain forecast and maybe heavy. Still, WVU should wipe the field with the hapless birds. Watching this one on TV.

Latest rumors suggest the DC should be fired.

Thumper 76
September 8th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Trying to decide if this game or the UND/UW game will be uglier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 05:34 PM
WVU up 7-0 on 9 yd run

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Grier 11 yd TD pass

WVU 14-0

Redbird 4th & short
September 8th, 2018, 06:01 PM
YSU hanging tough on score board, but not so much in box score ... total yards around 225 to 20. first downs 14 to 1. YSU needs a drive, if nothing else to rest that defense some.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 06:15 PM
YSU TD pass

WVU 14-7

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Grier TD pass.

WVU 21-7

The Yo Show
September 8th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Weather and WVU penalties keeping this closer than it was ever expected.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Halftime, WVU 21-7. Game being played in a downpour. Very boring. WVU playing vanilla and not showing much.

YSU OL getting beat. No one showing much except TE Joiner who caught another TD pass. He caught one in the opener as well. The DBs look better but WVU isn’t real aggressive.

Penguin Nation
September 8th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Grier DQ'ed from Heisman contention after getting a pic against Scumbag U.

The Yo Show
September 8th, 2018, 07:04 PM
He had two TD passes too.

The Yo Show
September 8th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Make that 3 TDS

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Grier 33 yd TD pass

WVU 28-7

YSU poor tackling, unprepared not knowing where to line up, etc. poorly coached

Penguin Nation
September 8th, 2018, 07:09 PM
He had two TD passes too.

Heisman committee don't care.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 07:16 PM
McCaster TD run for YSU

WVU 28-14

The Yo Show
September 8th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Farrar looks pretty good. Know he fumbled after that one reception and ysu was lucky to recover but with how wet it is, it's hard to say if he has bad ball handling or not. Seems to have great speed and hands

- - - Updated - - -

Heisman committee don't care.

Yeah that's actually very likely true.

- - - Updated - - -

WVU fans are confused how their team is beating ysu by only 2 tds

The Yo Show
September 8th, 2018, 07:23 PM
With how the secondary has been... I'm confused as to how WVU doesn't have more yards. no pressure by the front four

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 07:27 PM
WVU sloppy. 39 yd TD run called back. YSU playing zone. Looks like a h.s. Game. YSU secondary is not good.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 07:32 PM
1 yd TD run

WVU 35-14

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 07:36 PM
INT WVU

The Yo Show
September 8th, 2018, 07:38 PM
WVU pulling away now

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 07:38 PM
WVU 8 yd TD run, 42-14

3rd qtr. 3:20

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 07:47 PM
YSU FG

WVU 42-17

ytownchief22
September 8th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Farrar is an NFL talent. Gonna be fun to watch.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 08:20 PM
WVU running away 52-17. Few good things happening. 4th qtr.

Penguin Nation
September 8th, 2018, 08:34 PM
WVU running away 52-17. Few good things happening. 4th qtr.

Dude...what are tomorrow's lottery numbers? Holy sh--!!

The Yo Show
September 8th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Dude...what are tomorrow's lottery numbers? Holy sh--!!
He was only off by 3. And to be fair, I wouldn't have expected we would make a field goal either

Penguin Nation
September 8th, 2018, 08:45 PM
He was only off by 3. And to be fair, I wouldn't have expected we would make a field goal either

No, he nailed it. 52-17. I'm going to call him next time I'm in Vegas.

The Yo Show
September 8th, 2018, 08:47 PM

I mean he basically nailed it.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Well called this one 52-14 and they lost 52-17. Needless to say it was a crap game. YSU isn’t very good. Next up, Valpo and still looking for the first win.

Penguin Nation
September 8th, 2018, 08:58 PM
I mean he basically nailed it.

ahhh....you're right....I'm still impressed tho.

Penguin Nation
September 8th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Well called this one 52-14 and they lost 52-17. Needless to say it was a crap game. YSU isn’t very good. Next up, Valpo and still looking for the first win.

I expected way more from a #14 ranked team with a Heisman candidate than 12 penalties and a pic.

Interesting that there's no $$ game next year. Would moRon actually schedule 3 non/partial scholly schools?

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 09:17 PM
We were lucky. Game was played in a downpour. Had that been a dry field with our poor DBs, it would have been a slaughter. Who are the OOC games next year ? Can’t imagine moRon disappointing the fat slobs in the loges.

Yep WVU is good but didn’t look like #14. I think they held back so as not to show much.

Penguin Nation
September 8th, 2018, 09:25 PM
We were lucky. Game was played in a downpour. Had that been a dry field with our poor DBs, it would have been a slaughter. Who are the OOC games next year ? Can’t imagine moRon disappointing the fat slobs in the loges.

Yep WVU is good but didn’t look like #14. I think they held back so as not to show much.

https://fbschedules.com/youngstown-state-kentucky-2022-maryland-2027/

All I see for 2019 is two NEC games (RMU and Duquesne). I gotta think they'll at least find a G5 opponent...but who knows.

Paladin1aa
September 8th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Well, just a quick view of who will be back shows YSU is going to be very poor next year so the weak schools fit the agenda. Maybe the Dukes or Bobby can steal one like Butler. No QB, lose your best OLmen and have a bad secondary. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Bozo is really destroying the roster with very poor recruiting.

Penguin Nation
September 9th, 2018, 08:12 PM
Well, just a quick view of who will be back shows YSU is going to be very poor next year so the weak schools fit the agenda. Maybe the Dukes or Bobby can steal one like Butler. No QB, lose your best OLmen and have a bad secondary. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Bozo is really destroying the roster with very poor recruiting.

Bob Hannon was again covering for moRon by saying "even NDSU can't get FBS games." NDSU can't because FBS schools don't want to be shamed since NDSU regularly win those games, and also NDSU doesn't fill their OOC schedule with NEC teams.

It's also mentioned that Scumbag U "was 0-2 in 2008." That year the first two games were tOSU and SDSU...not a nonscholly team. FWIW, with that 0-2, they had a 4 win season...which is about where I see them this year.

Agree with the empty cupboard at the end of this season.

Paladin1aa
September 9th, 2018, 09:11 PM
Hannon ? Isn’t he employed by YSU ? lol. He isn’t going to badmouth moRon. That good OL boy club will keep b.s.ing the rubes of the Valley.

I got to admit I was wrong this year. They are really worse than I analyzed. Went back and forth between 6-5 and 5-6. May well be 4 wins, tops. I chuckle reading penguinpower on the cheerleader site. He blames this on Wolford,lol. What an idiot. Bozo made the Natty with Wolfs players and a couple of his transfers. I made the comment before you will see how stark the lack of talent is this year as they are Bozos recruits. And declining rapidly.

What is the Valpo game gong to look like ? If it’s another Butler, they won’t even win 4 this year. And then poor prospects next year. Some idiots will want to keep Bozo. Go figure.

Penguin Nation
September 10th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Hannon ? Isn’t he employed by YSU ? lol. He isn’t going to badmouth moRon. That good OL boy club will keep b.s.ing the rubes of the Valley.

I got to admit I was wrong this year. They are really worse than I analyzed. Went back and forth between 6-5 and 5-6. May well be 4 wins, tops. I chuckle reading penguinpower on the cheerleader site. He blames this on Wolford,lol. What an idiot. Bozo made the Natty with Wolfs players and a couple of his transfers. I made the comment before you will see how stark the lack of talent is this year as they are Bozos recruits. And declining rapidly.

What is the Valpo game gong to look like ? If it’s another Butler, they won’t even win 4 this year. And then poor prospects next year. Some idiots will want to keep Bozo. Go figure.

lol. That comment blaming the Wolf was so outlandish I had to double check it wasn’t 1AA.

Scumbag U will take out their feelings of inadequacy on Valpo. It is likely their only opportunity this year to come close to dominating anyone or anything. Anything less than a 4 score win would be a surprise IMO.

Paladin1aa
September 10th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Come to think of it, YSU beat Pitt using Wolfs recruits. And now those recruits are gone ( except for early commit Wiggin who is All-MVFC). How is this F up with Butler now Wolfs fault? lol. The mental process on the cheerleader board just blows my mind. How does 4 years of Bozo recruits become a Wolf liability ? How do you get to the Natty with Wolfs players and NOT acknowledge his recruiting ability ? Jesus H. Christ, 1AA has really got that mind freaking control working,lol.

I hate to tell you, in the Pioneer preseason poll, Valpo tied with Butler for 4th place in that league. Pressure is on the Guins,lol. And IF they lose it, Bozo should be fired on the spot.............