PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Results - WEEK 1 POLL - 2018 SEASON

Pages : 1 [2]

ursus arctos horribilis
September 7th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Just going through this thread and catching up. Nowhere in Ursus post did I see him say that at all. I'd call that a swing and a miss. xnonox

He didn't understand one of my comments and when he took a 2nd look at it he made an apology to that effect so I bet you just have not gotten to those posts yet. He's a good dude to not just knee jerk and run so we are all good round here.

Good to see ya brother.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 7th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Exactly. I love AGS and being part of the poll, but in the scheme of life it is fairly low on the priority list. I give it the time I can without negatively impacting other areas of my life that are more important.

Honestly that is as much as one could expect to do and I truly appreciate all that do put in some effort with this thing. This year the number of voters see to be on an incline so I don't want anyone to think their efforts are not well received, or good enough. It is cool to be a part of this group that gives of their own time like this to make something that would not otherwise be there for a barometer for us to argue about. xlolx

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2018, 08:08 AM
I agree with Catbooster and I think you're selling yourself short Twentysix. I can appreciate wanting to put forth max effort but at a certain point you see diminishing returns IMO. It's kind of like overthinking something. I think spending an hour or two on Sunday sifting through Supe's "How they fared" sheet along with the rest of the game threads on the FCSD board in addition to paying attention to what's happening on Saturday is adequate. I've seen other posters say the same thing about how they can't put in the time necessary to vote and I wonder how much time they think they need. Maybe I just have lower standards (xlolx) but I think you can wake up early on Sunday, dive into your poll research, and have a quality ballot put together by breakfast time. To each his own though, that's just how I feel.

I can't be bothered when people insist on a minimum informal standard for the amount of games watched. Because it was pretty much inpossible before 6ish years ago (I think ESPN3 became a thing in 2012).

Meanwhile the AGS poll is at least 12-15 years old, and all the other polls at the FCS and FBS levels are much older, yet have always suffered from lack of access.

Polls are subjective and flawed

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2018, 05:10 PM
I can't be bothered when people insist on a minimum informal standard for the amount of games watched. Because it was pretty much inpossible before 6ish years ago (I think ESPN3 became a thing in 2012).

Meanwhile the AGS poll is at least 12-15 years old, and all the other polls at the FCS and FBS levels are much older, yet have always suffered from lack of access.

Twentysix
September 8th, 2018, 05:23 PM

While I have adopted the easier approach of the casual voters, arguing that 6 year old resources are too new to be useful because the poll is 12 years old is down right nonsensical.

You must be memeing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Schism55
September 8th, 2018, 05:56 PM
We're one of the best teams in the FCS, if not the best.

You all just can't see it yet.

But anybody that's been watching us from last year to this year, knows who we are.

We went 7-4 last year.

We have the same team, and our quarterback just put up 500 plus yards of total offense, on an FBS team that's projected to win their conference...

But, let's just see what we do this week versus Kent State. I project that we put up 50 plus points on them in a route.
Ahem, you were saying? xlolx
How's that massive **** sandwich taste?

Twentysix
September 8th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Ahem, you were saying? xlolx
How's that massive **** sandwich taste?Lol he's probably gone for the season.

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2018, 06:36 PM
While I have adopted the easier approach of the casual voters, arguing that 6 year old resources are too new to be useful because the poll is 12 years old is down right nonsensical.

You must be memeing.

The point is that you're creating a standard that no one has ever applied to polls (because it logically could not have applied until the last 6 years or so) and demanding a level of accuracy and alleged expertise that has simply not existed in any poll at any level of football.

Keep virtue signaling though