PDA

View Full Version : FCS in the NFL 2018 edition

bonarae
September 2nd, 2018, 07:00 PM
With the 53-man rosters set last Saturday, it's time for the annual edition of this thread of our alumni performances...

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180902185224992128104&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

BEAR
September 4th, 2018, 12:08 PM
George Odum- Central Arkansas wasn't drafted but his preseason efforts got him a spot! Tough to do!
Tremon Smith- Central Arkansas was drafted and had a great preseason and got his spot.

That's TWO UCA players that got spots from this last year's defense...which bombed when UNH came to town. Strange...just strange.

Former UCA DE Jonathan Woodard drafted a couple of years ago was signed to Dolphins practice squad.

lionsrking2
September 4th, 2018, 02:57 PM
That's TWO UCA players that got spots from this last year's defense...which bombed when UNH came to town. Strange...just strange.

Not that strange when your head coach is job hunting, on top of UNH being extremely well-coached. They can work wonders with a season's worth of game tape. We found that out in '13.

SU DOG
September 4th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Samford had none drafted, but currently has 5 players on NFL rosters.

ST_Lawson
September 5th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Interesting little coincidence. The NY Giants have named former FCS standout Kyle Lauletta (Richmond) as their 3rd QB behind #1 Eli Manning and #2 Alex Tanney. Tanney went to college at Monmouth College (DIII about 35 miles up the road from WIU) and is the younger brother of former WIU AD Matt Tanney.

BEAR
September 28th, 2018, 08:56 AM
George Odum- Central Arkansas wasn't drafted but his preseason efforts got him a spot! Tough to do!
Tremon Smith- Central Arkansas was drafted and had a great preseason and got his spot.

Former UCA DE Jonathan Woodard drafted a couple of years ago was signed to Dolphins practice squad.

Update: Jonathan Woodard was promoted from the practice squad to the active squad! Way to go Jonathan! Gonna LOVE watching this 6'6" 271lb DE attack the QB on Sundays!

BEAR
November 21st, 2018, 05:23 PM
Former UCA LB is in voting for the Probowl. Would you mind voting for George Odum under the special teams part? Thanks!

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?fbclid=IwAR00lsiRxu4njxFgW1zbmtmpS5_FZdKjMk 5zigxNGuiVlxdLWzuQf4IR_Bk

Rjones61
January 13th, 2019, 08:50 PM
So with with the way Nick Foles ended the season, anyone think Carson Wentz gets traded this year? Lots of desperate teams.

BisonTru
January 13th, 2019, 09:25 PM
So with with the way Nick Foles ended the season, anyone think Carson Wentz gets traded this year? Lots of desperate teams.

No, Wentz just turned 26. No way they part ways this early on in his career.

Foles will be interesting. I think the Eagles will either let him go or sign him and trade him. Someone will be interested in his services.

Bisonoline
January 13th, 2019, 10:34 PM

Nice troll. Youre trying way to hard.

Rjones61
January 13th, 2019, 10:54 PM
Nice troll. Youre trying way to hard.

Troll? Before today's game most of the NFL community felt Wentz would for sure be traded. Foles finished on a bad note, so it feels more up in the air. I wanted to know the opinion of the AGS community that is all.

BisonTru
January 13th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Troll? Before today's game most of the NFL community felt Wentz would for sure be traded. Foles finished on a bad note, so it feels more up in the air. I wanted to know the opinion of the AGS community that is all.

Wentz was never going to be traded. There’s a lot of talk, all from fans and mostly not Eagles fans.

Dumping a 26 yo QB a year after damn near winning a MVP??? Not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjones61
January 13th, 2019, 11:53 PM
Wentz was never going to be traded. There’s a lot of talk, all from fans and mostly not Eagles fans.

Dumping a 26 yo QB a year after damn near winning a MVP??? Not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but I will say that anyone can be traded if the price is right. Especially if the QB has a tendency to become injured. If he has another injury like this year, his trade stock is going to go down significantly.

JSUSoutherner
January 13th, 2019, 11:56 PM

Of course the Bison fans think Wentz is God 2.0.

He's a good QB, don't get me wrong, but Bison Pride means jack **** to the Eagles.

The bad note wasn't even Fole's fault. He hit Alshon in the frigging hands.

The reality is Wentz has been hurt twice now in three years. Has yet to even see the playoffs. And of you don't think Nick Foles isn't the only reason the Eagles made the playoffs this year, you're an idiot. Foles won this team a Super Bowl.

Sure, Wentz MAY have won it last year, but he didn't.

At this point the Eagles know exactly what they are getting with Foles. Dependability and results.

Bisonoline
January 14th, 2019, 12:07 AM

Horse hooey. LOL

Foles was going to retire two years ago. He was talked out of it and fell in to the right situation as the back up. Wentz is the franchise. The organization is betting on it.

POD Knows
January 14th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Of course the Bison fans think Wentz is God 2.0.

He's a good QB, don't get me wrong, but Bison Pride means jack **** to the Eagles.

The bad note wasn't even Fole's fault. He hit Alshon in the frigging hands.

The reality is Wentz has been hurt twice now in three years. Has yet to even see the playoffs. And of you don't think Nick Foles isn't the only reason the Eagles made the playoffs this year, you're an idiot. Foles won this team a Super Bowl.

Sure, Wentz MAY have won it last year, but he didn't.

At this point the Eagles know exactly what they are getting with Foles. Dependability and results.Eagles receivers, except for Ertz, can't catch a ball with some zip on it, Foles put a little extra on that throw to Jeffries and he muffed it, Foles has better touch than Wentz and might throw a ball that is easier to catch. Does anybody have any "drop" stats on these receivers when Wentz is the QB and Foles is the QB. I agree with you, that last interception is on Jeffries but the throw was a little high and across the middle and nobody has ever accused these Eagles receivers of being the physical type. I don't think Foles stock went down that much in that game. I would take that guy all day long on my team.

BisonFan02
January 14th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Mike Mayock is the GM of the Raiders....Gruden is the HC......Raiders should go after Wentz....and they are dumb enough to offer enough for it to happen.

POD Knows
January 14th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Mike Mayock is the GM of the Raiders....Gruden is the HC......Raiders should go after Wentz....and they are dumb enough to offer enough for it to happen.Well, at least the performance expectations would be low. What would they do with Carr? Deal him.