PDA

View Full Version : NC A&T v ECU

Pages : 1 [2]

Panther88
September 6th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Why is this thread still alive????

xdeadhorsex

“Ask your playoff proponent brothers.” They seemingly cannot get NCA&T’s nutts out of their mouth and mind. xdeadhorsex

DeltaDevil662
September 6th, 2018, 07:46 AM
“Ask your playoff proponent brothers.” They seemingly cannot get NCA&T’s nutts out of their mouth and mind. xdeadhorsex

For a "*****ty" brand of football that "no one" cares about and that many of them don't care to pay attention to, you got the same Bison, Gamecock and Redbird people with the aroma of jealousy and hate coming from their posts (in contrast, there is absolutely no way we would have enough *****s to give to make a NDSU or FCS thread go 5 pages let alone 26 on TSPN)

Imagine how far they would go to trash SHSU if PV beats them this weekend in a de facto money game

Panther88
September 6th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Why is this thread still alive????

xdeadhorsex

For a "*****ty" brand of football that "no one" cares about and that many of them don't care to pay attention to, you got the same Bison, Gamecock and Redbird people with the aroma of jealousy and hate coming from their posts (in contrast, there is absolutely no way we would have enough *****s to give to make a NDSU or FCS thread go 5 pages let alone 26 on TSPN)

Imagine how far they would go to trash SHSU if PV beats them this weekend in a de facto money game

Please. 5 pages? It wouldn’t make it to half a page on our deal because we have zero interest in what they do.

If? More like when. Shsu should prep themselves for the inevitable this upcoming w/e. We circled this game immediately after the 2017 embarrassment at our home; hence part of the rationale behind the new coaching staff who offers no mercy and desires to dominate. Ask rice university for reference.

Professor
September 6th, 2018, 08:15 AM
the bolded statement (i.e. the concession) officially ends this debate that never should have been .. case closed.

There never was a debate.

A&T beat a top ten ranked JSU. This board screams the JSU is over rated and OVC is this and that.

A&T beats ECU. Now it's their a bottom feeder in FBS and majority of the FCS could beat them.

Point being you don't care about quality of wins. So why should we? No matter who we play or what we do, it's going to be discredited.

So, We are playing to go to Atlanta , be on ABC and go home with another 500K plus payday. While you guys play the playoffs on ESPN2, ESPN3, and ESPN+.

Like it has already been posted , if we play in such a sh***y conference and a sh***y brand of football, why do you care

Professor
September 6th, 2018, 08:17 AM

Lol, NDSU is barely mentioned. Only when the title game is played and it might go a page or 2

POD Knows
September 6th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Lol, NDSU is barely mentioned. Only when the title game is played and it might go a page or 2That is why we got ESPN Gameday twice.

Professor
September 6th, 2018, 10:26 AM
That is why we got ESPN Gameday twice.

If you read the context of what i posted , we were discussing FCS threads or NDSU threads on HBCU sports message boards.

Congrats on ESPN gameday. You would think would the level of winning and name recognition , any game with NDSU should out draw any FCS game , especially one with 2 teams from " sh***y conferences.

Wonder why that doesn't happen?

POD Knows
September 6th, 2018, 10:29 AM
If you read the context of what i posted , we were discussing FCS threads or NDSU threads on HBCU sports message boards.

Congrats on ESPN gameday. You would think would the level of winning and name recognition , any game with NDSU should out draw any FCS game , especially one with 2 teams from " sh***y conferences.

Wonder why that doesn't happen?Because our building only holds 19,000.

DeltaDevil662
September 6th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Please. 5 pages? It wouldn’t make it to half a page on our deal because we have zero interest in what they do.

If? More like when. Shsu should prep themselves for the inevitable this upcoming w/e. We circled this game immediately after the 2017 embarrassment at our home; hence part of the rationale behind the new coaching staff who offers no mercy and desires to dominate. Ask rice university for reference.

Oh I didn't say that because I doubted yall could beat them. I picked yall to win even before the NCCU game because SHSU is an offense only team. NCCU playing in the MEAC is a good defensive team and yall put 40 on them so I can't imagine yall not being able to do the same on the Bearkats. If the PV defense that showed up on Sunday makes it way to SHSU, then the results will be similar

POD Knows
September 6th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Oh I didn't say that because I doubted yall could beat them. I picked yall to win even before the NCCU game because SHSU is an offense only team. NCCU playing in the MEAC is a good defensive team and yall put 40 on them so I can't imagine yall not being able to do the same on the Bearkats. If the PV defense that showed up on Sunday makes it way to SHSU, then the results will be similarI dislike SHSU as much as any normal person but what do you want to bet on the upcoming game with PV and SHSU. I will take SHSU straight up but according to your BS, I should get some points. I will do an Avatar bet with you.

Panther88
September 6th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Oh I didn't say that because I doubted yall could beat them. I picked yall to win even before the NCCU game because SHSU is an offense only team. NCCU playing in the MEAC is a good defensive team and yall put 40 on them so I can't imagine yall not being able to do the same on the Bearkats. If the PV defense that showed up on Sunday makes it way to SHSU, then the results will be similar

We have 2 surprises on defense that I know aren't accounted for. They were cleared a few weeks ago, made the trip to the ATL, and still don't appear on our official roster. lsu and bama' have been good to PVAMU w/ their former starters. :D

grayghost06
September 6th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Ignore the Knuckledraggers- by any metrics, those were impressive back to back wins by A&T. Sure would like to see you guys in the playoffs. Hate when all the best teams are not involved.

Redbird 4th & short
September 7th, 2018, 12:14 PM

A&T beat a top ten ranked JSU. This board screams the JSU is over rated and OVC is this and that.

A&T beats ECU. Now it's their a bottom feeder in FBS and majority of the FCS could beat them.

Point being you don't care about quality of wins. So why should we? No matter who we play or what we do, it's going to be discredited.

So, We are playing to go to Atlanta , be on ABC and go home with another 500K plus payday. While you guys play the playoffs on ESPN2, ESPN3, and ESPN+.

Like it has already been posted , if we play in such a sh***y conference and a sh***y brand of football, why do you care
you're not listening .. that is the entire argument being made. You just can't square this with what you desperately want and hope to be true.

NC A&T had their chance very recently .. just over a season ago .. lost 39-10 to Richmond team that just lost their stud QB. Same Richmond team that got shut out by EWU 38-0 .. a Big Sky team not known for defense. Same EWU that lost to YSU 40-38 .. YSU being a team known for defense, not offense.

You had your chance .. just over a year ago .. and failed badly. Now suddenly, we're supposed to believe you are up their with NDSU and JMU ... seriously ?? Because of a JSU game you got outgained 400+ yards to 150 yards ? Because of a 4 point win over a bottom 10 FBS team, ECU ?

JMU beat ECU by 20 in 2017 and outgained them by 614 to 362 .. +252 yards

NC A&T beat ECU by 4 in 2018, but got outgained 269 to 382 ... -113 yards

This is sports .. you need to earn your way to top. Way too few data points and the ones we do have are very spotty at best. Richmond loss was just over a season ago .. you had a chance then, you failed badly.

Redbird 4th & short
September 7th, 2018, 12:20 PM
you're not listening .. that is the entire argument being made. You just can't square this with what you desperately want and hope to be true.

NC A&T had their chance very recently .. just over a season ago .. lost 39-10 to Richmond team that just lost their stud QB. Same Richmond team that got shut out by EWU 38-0 .. a Big Sky team not known for defense. Same EWU that lost to YSU 40-38 .. YSU being a team known for defense, not offense.

You had your chance .. just over a year ago .. and failed badly. Now suddenly, we're supposed to believe you are up their with NDSU and JMU ... seriously ?? Because of a JSU game you got outgained 400+ yards to 150 yards ? Because of a 4 point win over a bottom 10 FBS team, ECU ?

This is sports .. you need to earn your way to top. Way too few data points and the ones we do have are very spotty at best. Richmond loss was just over a season ago .. you had a chance then, you failed badly.

I'm not an AGS pollster, but still have NC A&T pegged around top 15-20 .. that is acknowledging you are a pretty good team. Note, this same place I have my own ISUr currently.

And that makes me a "hater" .. seriously ???

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 12:20 PM

JSU is overrated. We've haven't won a playoff game since 2015, the OVC is garbage, oh not to mention we gave you more yards than your offense did. JMU beat ECU by like 20 something last year and it wasn't even a close game. ECU is bad.

Professor
September 7th, 2018, 12:36 PM

And yet you forget to mention we were on our 3rd string QB. Same Richmond team that went on the road and beat #7 North Dakota . But ok lol

You want to argue stats of the games but you neglect the win. I didn't know they gave out awards for best offense and defense in a loss.

We haven't lost since that game in 2016. We have beaten 3 FBS teams. We have beaten a team from the Big South and OVC ( Which is the 4x champ in a row). We aren't screaming we are better than anyone. Just respect the body of work all we ask. But you don't and won't.

Professor
September 7th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I'm not an AGS pollster, but still have NC A&T pegged around top 15-20 .. that is acknowledging you are a pretty good team. Note, this same place I have my own ISUr currently.

And that makes me a "hater" .. seriously ???

I wonder do you analyze your 2016 6-6 campaign and 2017 6-5 campaign the way break down A&T.

- - - Updated - - -

JSU is overrated. We've haven't won a playoff game since 2015, the OVC is garbage, oh not to mention we gave you more yards than your offense did. JMU beat ECU by like 20 something last year and it wasn't even a close game. ECU is bad.

Can't wait to watch yall win the OVC again

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 12:45 PM
I wonder do you analyze your 2016 6-6 campaign and 2017 6-5 campaign the way break down A&T.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to watch yall win the OVC again

Why? It'll be like watching a fat dog take a dump in the back yard.

Reign of Terrier
September 7th, 2018, 12:46 PM
This thread has lost its relevance with me but I have to ask: has anyone thought of the possibility that ECU could be a little better than last year?

I don't think NC A&T fans appreciate how not-great ECU is, but at the same time, the argument against them right now is predicated on the assumption the ECU is at the same level as last year.

Quite frankly, we don't have enough information about either JSU or ECU to make a judgment of how impressive the wins are for the rest of the season. But as of today, they are good wins (and I don't think anyone is disputing that, I just have to add that caveat)

JacksFan40
September 7th, 2018, 12:52 PM
And yet you forget to mention we were on our 3rd string QB. Same Richmond team that went on the road and beat #7 North Dakota . But ok lol

You want to argue stats of the games but you neglect the win. I didn't know they gave out awards for best offense and defense in a loss.

We haven't lost since that game in 2016. We have beaten 3 FBS teams. We have beaten a team from the Big South and OVC ( Which is the 4x champ in a row). We aren't screaming we are better than anyone. Just respect the body of work all we ask. But you don't and won't.
North Dakota has been called out numerous times for being overrated, get with the times. You beat Charlotte, Kent State and ECU, 3 annual FBS cellar dwellers. Want to impress? Play actually good FBS teams like the big boys in your own state like UNC, NC State or head south for SCAR. Play actual FCS powers like NDSU and JMU, not the cupcake schedule champions of JSU.

Redbird 4th & short
September 7th, 2018, 01:01 PM

chapter & verse .. 6 ways to sunday ... ad naseum .. already beat to death. And would summarize that by point I already made ... we probably have played more top 5-20 FCS teams every single season, than NC A&T plays in a decade.

So in a word, yes .. and in exactly the same fashion as I did back in 2011-13 when I felt MVFC was getting screwed out of playoff bids, and CAA and Big Sky (and others) benefited.

I realize you likely wouldn't have noticed the above on AGS, nor on our Redbird forum. But I have been beating this SOS drum since 2011 on Redbird forum, and last year or.2 on AGS since I just started posting more.

And as I said before .. it is exact same analysis which causes me to have already concluded here that CAA and maybe Big Sky had closed the recent gap with MVFC from 2014-16 period. So right or wrong, I do try to see it fairly .. and it continues to look like the gap has closed.

So I have been completely consistent in the basis for my arguments .. same basis for my arguments that cause me to put NC A&T in top 15-20 .. right along side my ISUr ... let that fact sink in for a minute or 2. You think I am a hater for having NC A&T ranked right with my ISUr.

And yes, a 6-5 result in MVFC in 2016 is right up there with a 9-2 record in MEAC/SWAC or say Southland, which is much stronger than MEAC/SWAC. Heck, we walked into UCA in 2016 playoffs with a 6-5 record against their 9-2 record on their home field. We completely outplayed them for 3 quarters, then gave them 10 points on 2 special teams gaffes in Q4, lost all momentum and then game by just 7 points .. again a 6-5 MVFC teams on road against 9-2 Southland team .. and had game won if not for 2 special teams gaffes (blocked punt for TD and UCA onside kick they recovered on our 35 and settled for FG).

Also in 2016, we beat a top 35 FBS bowl team on road (7-5 Northwestern).

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5704&s=286577

Feel free to compare Northwestern's 2016 season (above link) against ECU's 2017 season .. then assess "quality of win" for 6-5 ISUr and your NC A&T. Northwestern lost Ohio St by 4 that year. Their other 5 losses were to Ohio St, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota and WMU .. combined record of those other 5 FBS losses ? 52 wins and 14 losses against all teams Massey had in top 4.

And Northwester also beat 8-4 Pitt in bowl game.

Now that is an FBS win .. and we outgained them in yards and 1st downs, so it wasn't a fluke win game based on special teams or turnovers or penalties. We just played them even all game and won on a 80 yard drive to win on FG.

Feel free to tout ECU's accomplishments.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 01:10 PM
North Dakota has been called out numerous times for being overrated, get with the times. You beat Charlotte, Kent State and ECU, 3 annual FBS cellar dwellers. Want to impress? Play actually good FBS teams like the big boys in your own state like UNC, NC State or head south for SCAR. Play actual FCS powers like NDSU and JMU, not the cupcake schedule champions of JSU.

Ehh, our OOC scheduling hasn't been what I would call cupcake-y. The OVC is undeniably weak but it's not like we're playing RMU and Norfolk State OOC in the same year.

Redbird 4th & short
September 7th, 2018, 01:22 PM
This thread has lost its relevance with me but I have to ask: has anyone thought of the possibility that ECU could be a little better than last year?

I don't think NC A&T fans appreciate how not-great ECU is, but at the same time, the argument against them right now is predicated on the assumption the ECU is at the same level as last year.

Quite frankly, we don't have enough information about either JSU or ECU to make a judgment of how impressive the wins are for the rest of the season. But as of today, they are good wins (and I don't think anyone is disputing that, I just have to add that caveat)

possibly valid point, though I covered this aspect on another post .... according Keepers, they lost 6.8 starters on offense including their QB. And if you look up their stats, they were a bad team with an ok offense a year ago, and a bad defense .. routinely giving up 600+ or 500+ yards every game. So with offense being their relative strength, they lost a lot from a year ago. So it stands to reason their offense got worse and I assume their defense is still bad and the reason they are usually near bottom 10 or 20 in FBS.

kdinva
September 7th, 2018, 01:23 PM
we don't have enough information about either .....(insert team here)....

can't really judge until we've all played 6 or 7 games minimum, I M O..........

WestCoastAggie
September 7th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Well, A&T has Gardner-Webb this weekend and the Runnin Bulldogs will be looking for revenge against us in Greensboro.

A 3-0 record against non-MEAC competition, including an (at the time) top-10 team and an FBS team.

If we don’t make it to the CB, we have a really strong resume for a seed. PVU will too, if they beat Sam Houston State.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Well, A&T has Gardner-Webb this weekend and the Runnin Bulldogs will be looking for revenge against us in Greensboro.

A 3-0 record against non-MEAC competition, including an (at the time) top-10 team and an FBS team.

If we don’t make it to the CB, we have a really strong resume for a seed. PVU will too, if they beat Sam Houston State.
If you lose the MEAC you have exactly a zero % chance at a seed.

Anthony215
September 7th, 2018, 01:37 PM

If NC A&T only loss is to NCCU at the end of the season I think they get a seed in the playoffs based off having won at ECU, v JSU on a neutral site and being GW. Obviously they won't get a 1 or 2 but 3 or 4 seed is definitely within grasp especially since there will only be 1-2 teams undefeated by the end of the regular season.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 01:40 PM
If NC A&T only loss is to NCCU at the end of the season I think they get a seed in the playoffs based off having won at ECU, v JSU on a neutral site and being GW. Obviously they won't get a 1 or 2 but 3 or 4 seed is definitely within grasp especially since there will only be 1-2 teams undefeated by the end of the regular season.

You think if we beat you guys and KSU and lost to APSU we'd get a seed? Hell no.

Anthony215
September 7th, 2018, 01:56 PM
You think if we beat you guys and KSU and lost to APSU we'd get a seed? Hell no.

The difference is you would have lost to the FBS program on the road unlike NC A&T which won on the road at ECU and if they lost to NC Central at season's end that would be a road loss against a probable 9-2 FCS opponent. All that is for nothing because its very unlikely A&T loses in conference play and will once again be in Atlanta on 12/15 playing for the HBCU championship against either PVSU, Grambling or Southern lol.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 02:09 PM
The difference is you would have lost to the FBS program on the road unlike NC A&T which won on the road at ECU and if they lost to NC Central at season's end that would be a road loss against a probable 9-2 FCS opponent. All that is for nothing because its very unlikely A&T loses in conference play and will once again be in Atlanta on 12/15 playing for the HBCU championship against either PVSU, Grambling or Southern lol.

We don't have an FBS opponent. Kind of hard to lose a game you don't even play.

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Ehh, our OOC scheduling hasn't been what I would call cupcake-y. The OVC is undeniably weak but it's not like we're playing RMU and Norfolk State OOC in the same year.

Now that's just mean picking on us for playing a H&H with an in-state MEAC school. And we're playing at their place down south...where it's hot and all...xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 02:20 PM
Now that's just mean picking on us for playing a H&H with an in-state MEAC school. And we're playing at their place down south...where it's hot and all...xthumbsupx
Pussies.

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Pussies.

xslapfightxxcoffeex

Professor
September 7th, 2018, 02:38 PM

We know how bad they are. It's just funny at this point. If we lose, we were over ranked. If we win, the team isn't as good as xyz. Its quite comical at this point

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 02:42 PM
We know how bad they are. It's just funny at this point. If we lose, we were over ranked. If we win, the team isn't as good as xyz. Its quite comical at this point

We knew before the game last year how bad they were; beating them did absolutely nothing for JMU in reality (except to people who only look at FCS/FBS labels).

Both your wins this year are really good wins.

Professor
September 7th, 2018, 02:44 PM

Bwahahaha , we finished 2nd in the MEAC in 2016 and got a seed. We can lose up two conference games and get in. ( Now that's not gonna happen but IJS )

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Bwahahaha , we finished 2nd in the MEAC in 2016 and got a seed. We can lose up two conference games and get in. ( Now that's not gonna happen but IJS )
No. You were an at large.

Anthony215
September 7th, 2018, 03:00 PM
We don't have an FBS opponent. Kind of hard to lose a game you don't even play.

I thought you meant Appalacian State and speaking hypothetically my bad. None the less this thread has gotten way off track since no way NC A&T doesn't make the Celebration Bowl (IMO) and JSU will get a playoff berth more than likely and at the end of the season either JMU or NDSU will be FCS champions lol.

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 03:01 PM
I thought you meant Appalacian State and speaking hypothetically my bad. None the less this thread has gotten way off track since no way NC A&T doesn't make the Celebration Bowl (IMO) and JSU will get a playoff berth more than likely and at the end of the season either NDSU or NDSU will be FCS champions lol.

FIFY; we need to make improvements to have a puncher's chance this year.

Professor
September 7th, 2018, 03:01 PM
chapter & verse .. 6 ways to sunday ... ad naseum .. already beat to death. And would summarize that by point I already made ... we probably have played more top 5-20 FCS teams every single season, than NC A&T plays in a decade.

So in a word, yes .. and in exactly the same fashion as I did back in 2011-13 when I felt MVFC was getting screwed out of playoff bids, and CAA and Big Sky (and others) benefited.

I realize you likely wouldn't have noticed the above on AGS, nor on our Redbird forum. But I have been beating this SOS drum since 2011 on Redbird forum, and last year or.2 on AGS since I just started posting more.

And as I said before .. it is exact same analysis which causes me to have already concluded here that CAA and maybe Big Sky had closed the recent gap with MVFC from 2014-16 period. So right or wrong, I do try to see it fairly .. and it continues to look like the gap has closed.

So I have been completely consistent in the basis for my arguments .. same basis for my arguments that cause me to put NC A&T in top 15-20 .. right along side my ISUr ... let that fact sink in for a minute or 2. You think I am a hater for having NC A&T ranked right with my ISUr.

And yes, a 6-5 result in MVFC in 2016 is right up there with a 9-2 record in MEAC/SWAC or say Southland, which is much stronger than MEAC/SWAC. Heck, we walked into UCA in 2016 playoffs with a 6-5 record against their 9-2 record on their home field. We completely outplayed them for 3 quarters, then gave them 10 points on 2 special teams gaffes in Q4, lost all momentum and then game by just 7 points .. again a 6-5 MVFC teams on road against 9-2 Southland team .. and had game won if not for 2 special teams gaffes (blocked punt for TD and UCA onside kick they recovered on our 35 and settled for FG).

Also in 2016, we beat a top 35 FBS bowl team on road (7-5 Northwestern).

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5704&s=286577

Feel free to compare Northwestern's 2016 season (above link) against ECU's 2017 season .. then assess "quality of win" for 6-5 ISUr and your NC A&T. Northwestern lost Ohio St by 4 that year. Their other 5 losses were to Ohio St, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota and WMU .. combined record of those other 5 FBS losses ? 52 wins and 14 losses against all teams Massey had in top 4.

And Northwester also beat 8-4 Pitt in bowl game.

Now that is an FBS win .. and we outgained them in yards and 1st downs, so it wasn't a fluke win game based on special teams or turnovers or penalties. We just played them even all game and won on a 80 yard drive to win on FG.

Feel free to tout ECU's accomplishments.

Ahh so you lost but trying to justify it because your team can't close the deal. Never knew stats won games. We have beaten 3 FBS 3 years running. But hey we are a FLUKE lol

Professor
September 7th, 2018, 03:02 PM
No. You were an at large.

We were one of the 16 seeds in the playoffs. Again if we don't win the MEAC we will be in the playoffs

- - - Updated - - -

I thought you meant Appalacian State and speaking hypothetically my bad. None the less this thread has gotten way off track since no way NC A&T doesn't make the Celebration Bowl (IMO) and JSU will get a playoff berth more than likely and at the end of the season either JMU or NDSU will be FCS champions lol.

Pretty much

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 03:03 PM
We were one of the 16 seeds in the playoffs. Again if we don't win the MEAC we will be in the playoffs

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much
You should learn how the playoffs work.

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 03:04 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much
Only 8 seeded teams with the other 16 playing in to the round of 16.

Twentysix
September 7th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Bwahahaha , we finished 2nd in the MEAC in 2016 and got a seed. We can lose up two conference games and get in. ( Now that's not gonna happen but IJS )Seeds dont play in the first round. You got stomped in the first round. http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400926623

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Twentysix
September 7th, 2018, 03:26 PM
8 teams are seeded. The other 16 are the unwashed masses that have to fight for the right to play the seeds.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180907/d242014e4eadd0b3bfd0dabb2d38fdd6.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 7th, 2018, 04:16 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty muchPlease tell me that you are not a "Professor" of anything that matters.

Redbird 4th & short
September 7th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Ahh so you lost but trying to justify it because your team can't close the deal. Never knew stats won games. We have beaten 3 FBS 3 years running. But hey we are a FLUKE lol
now who's moving the goal posts .. I directly answer your question about merits of my 6-5 2016 ISUr .. and instead of acknowledging or further arguing, you blow smoke about "closing the deal" .. well, we did close the deal against Northwestern with a late Q4 drive and won with a FG as game clock expired.

But back to YOUR question and my direct response ... a 6-5 ISUr team from MVFC, beat a top 35 FBS bowl team, got an at large FCS bid, and nearly beat a 9-2 Southland team on road. So in 2016 MVFC world, the 6-5 MVFC team you mocked competed quite well with 9-2 Southland team. And without doubt, the Southland is much better (upper half anyway) than MEAC or SWAC.

Suggestion .. if you want respect and want to build your resume legitimately, tell your AD to stop targeting the bottom 10 FBS teams .. people who know better are not impressed with those wins.

Scooter
September 7th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Anyway...congrats on the win. I'm glad that NCA&T is building a respectable program. It would be fun to get a home and home with you guys in the future.

Redbird 4th & short
September 7th, 2018, 05:06 PM
aaaaaannnndddd ???

you keep forgetting to finish the story .... and ..... got taken to woodshed by 8 seed missing their stud QB .. losing 39-10

And you somehow think you can lose 2 games in MEAC again and get another bid. First thing they will say is .. last time we did that, the team got taken to woodshed ... 39-10 ... maybe, the 2nd bext team in MEAC has no business in FCS playoff.

See how this works ??? Too few data points to use and the data points you do have are very spotty at best.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Anyway...congrats on the win. I'm glad that NCA&T is building a respectable program. It would be fun to get a home and home with you guys in the future.

Bison couldn't handle a home and home. It'd be too hot.

Bisonoline
September 7th, 2018, 05:09 PM
You should learn how the playoffs work.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!!!!

Derby City Duke
September 7th, 2018, 05:12 PM
aaaaaannnndddd ???

you keep forgetting to finish the story .... and ..... got taken to woodshed by 8 seed missing their stud QB .. losing 39-10

And you somehow think you can lose 2 games in MEAC again and get another bid. First thing they will say is .. last time we did that, the team got taken to woodshed ... 39-10 ... maybe, the 2nd bext team in MEAC has no business in FCS playoff.

See how this works ??? Too few data points to use and the data points you do have are very spotty at best.

Richmond was not seeded either -- it was a 1st round game. Richmond went on to beat #7 North Dakota in the round of 16 before getting shellac'd by EWU.

Bisonoline
September 7th, 2018, 05:12 PM

We could do the famous NDSU-UND home and home. Thats when you play in Fargo and then you play in Fargo. Then you come back and play in Fargo again.xnodxxlolx

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2018, 05:19 PM
We could do the famous NDSU-UND home and home. Thats when you play in Fargo and then play in Fargo. Then you come back and play in Fargo again.xnodxxlolxMy kind of a home and hone. xthumbsupx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
September 7th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Highly doubt A&T will get a seed. The committe won’t look to nicely at the MEAC.

JacksFan40
September 7th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Richmond was not seeded either -- it was a 1st round game. Richmond went on to beat #7 North Dakota in the round of 16 before getting shellac'd by EWU.
UND was highly overrated that year. They didn’t play EWU in the regular season.

Redbird 4th & short
September 7th, 2018, 05:26 PM
already beaten to death and proven ... let's beat a different dead horse to death some more.

xrotatehx

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2018, 09:37 PM
already beaten to death and proven ... let's beat a different dead horse to death some more.

xrotatehx

Shouldn't teams be trying to drag NDSU outdoors in the cold? Or at least in smoke...that worked better. xlolx

WestCoastAggie
September 8th, 2018, 11:06 AM

Yes it would. As long as the Aggies keep up, it would be a fun series.

WestCoastAggie
September 8th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Highly doubt A&T will get a seed. The committe won’t look to nicely at the MEAC.
They would look nicely at A&T’s resume that includes a top-10 win. As long as our only conference loss is not to any team not named BCU, FAMU or NCCU, we would get a seed.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 11:32 AM
They would look nicely at A&T’s resume that includes a top-10 win. As long as our only conference loss is not to any team not named BCU, FAMU or NCCU, we would get a seed.
We are more likely to get a seed than NC A&T.

Redbird 4th & short
September 8th, 2018, 11:33 AM
We are more likely to get a seed than NC A&T.

This x 100 ... but you better clean things up fast !!!!

Redbird 4th & short
September 8th, 2018, 11:35 AM

oops, my bad .. that was their coaches poll ranking after regular season maybe ?? And with a healthy Lauletta playing.

Redbird 4th & short
September 8th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Shouldn't teams be trying to drag NDSU outdoors in the cold? Or at least in smoke...that worked better. xlolx
very interesting point ... but why stop at smoke ?? let's see if Bison can win in middle of a forest fire or earthquake .. or better yet, let's see that how well that run game works in a mudslide !!! You guys would suck in any of those conditions ... your fair weather indoor players should just pack your bags and go back to D-II already !!!

major095
September 8th, 2018, 04:04 PM
ECU proving how terrible a win that was by A&T. ECU leads North Carolina late in 1st half 14-13.

Redbird 4th & short
September 8th, 2018, 04:45 PM
ECU proving how terrible a win that was by A&T. ECU leads North Carolina late in 1st half 14-13.

North Carolina was 3-9 last year ... 2 of the wins were recent FCS convert Old Dominion and current FCS West Carolina .. so 1-9 against established FBS teams. So ECU is beating a 1-9 FBS team at home by 2 at half.

Repeating the point ... top 15-20 FCS teams should beat bottom 10-20 FBS teams most of the time.

major095
September 8th, 2018, 05:04 PM
North Carolina was 3-9 last year ... 2 of the wins were recent FCS convert Old Dominion and current FCS West Carolina .. so 1-9 against established FBS teams. So ECU is beating a 1-9 FBS team at home by 2 at half.

Repeating the point ... top 15-20 FCS teams should beat bottom 10-20 FBS teams most of the time.

whatever your team's record was last season; take it and $6 to starbucks and you can get a cup of coffee. last year carries 0 validity for this season. last year my son's high school finished 2-9. this year they are 4-0 and ranked in the top 10 of their class and 3 teams in front of them lost last night. your dependence of what happened last year in your arguments is precisely the reason polls shouldn't be released until october.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 05:09 PM
whatever your team's record was last season; take it and $6 to starbucks and you can get a cup of coffee. last year carries 0 validity for this season. last year my son's high school finished 2-9. this year they are 4-0 and ranked in the top 10 of their class and 3 teams in front of them lost last night. your dependence of what happened last year in your arguments is precisely the reason polls shouldn't be released until october.

So if you throw out previous years you guys have only beat winless teams or, if JSU and ECU both win today, teams whose only wins are against other winless team.

Do I have that correct?

Mike296
September 8th, 2018, 05:09 PM
If this SIU score holds I’m putting them at #4 I’m sorry but this is a big deal and maybe 3 teams in the FCS could even dream of doing what SIU are doing today. Sorry A&T but you’re getting trumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Killamike259

major095
September 8th, 2018, 05:22 PM
So if you throw out previous years you guys have only beat winless teams or, if JSU and ECU both win today, teams whose only wins are against other winless team.

Do I have that correct?
again...that's why polls shouldn't be released until after week 4 of the season. you don't know anything about teams this season until you've seen them play several times. after week 1, half the teams are winless...so yes. and oh, by the way, the best team you play after week 1 likely only has one win (snicker).

major095
September 8th, 2018, 05:28 PM
If this SIU score holds I’m putting them at #4 I’m sorry but this is a big deal and maybe 3 teams in the FCS could even dream of doing what SIU are doing today. Sorry A&T but you’re getting trumped

who is ole miss? did they even field their total allotment of scholarships this season? best players transferred, coach left & on ncaa death watch. now the truth is any win by a fcs program over a fbs team is impressive but there is nothing that says ole miss is better than ecu. ole miss beat texas tech, but who have the red raiders beaten? in about an hour...lamar (42-0) right now. ecu is handling north carolina right now. which is better? we won't know for about 3 more weeks, but it is looking like A&T should have scheduled north carolina while they were at it.

TheKingpin28
September 8th, 2018, 05:32 PM
who is ole miss? did they even field their total allotment of scholarships this season? best players transferred, coach left & on ncaa death watch. now the truth is any win by a fcs program over a fbs team is impressive but there is nothing that says ole miss is better than ecu. ole miss beat texas tech, but who have the red raiders beaten? in about an hour...lamar (42-0) right now. ecu is handling north carolina right now. which is better? we won't know for about 3 more weeks, but it is looking like A&T should have scheduled north carolina while they were at it.

Just stop. Seriously, for the sake of everyone else, just stop.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 05:35 PM

It's hotter in Mississippi than North Carolina. That means Ole Miss is obviously better.

Bison56
September 8th, 2018, 05:39 PM
It's hotter in Mississippi than North Carolina. That means Ole Miss is obviously better.

Yep cant argue those facts.

TheKingpin28
September 8th, 2018, 05:41 PM

You can see by the mist fans that these are the facts.

major095
September 8th, 2018, 05:46 PM
you just need to focus on ms valley. if you thought losing to A&T hurt, you haven't seen nothing if you drop this one. According to you, jax state is terrible.

major095
September 8th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Just stop. Seriously, for the sake of everyone else, just stop.
I made several points. can you tell me which ones on principal you disagree with?
ole miss didn't have players leave because of their ncaa trouble?
shea patterson wasn't one of their best to leave?
has texas tech beaten someone other than lamar?
did ecu not man up on north carolina today?
do you not regard wins by fcs teams over fbs opponents as impressive?
what do you find soooo objectionable?
do not ecu, ole miss, and texas tech all sport a 1-1 record?

TheKingpin28
September 8th, 2018, 06:01 PM
I made several points. can you tell me which ones on principal you disagree with?
ole miss didn't have players leave because of their ncaa trouble?
shea patterson wasn't one of their best to leave?
has texas tech beaten someone other than lamar?
did ecu not man up on north carolina today?
do you not regard wins by fcs teams over fbs opponents as impressive?
what do you find soooo objectionable?
do not ecu, ole miss, and texas tech all sport a 1-1 record?

If you cannot tell the difference between ECU and Ole Miss then you are completely clueless to D1 football as a whole. That would be like saying, Memphis, Kansas, Michigan, UMass, and Georgia State are all equal since they sport a 1-1 record. GTFOH with that ****. FCS over FBS is not always impressive and to say otherwise is completely ignorant.

grizband
September 8th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Trying to watch this game on ESPN+...why do I get sound for the commericals, but not the game? xrotatehx

major095
September 8th, 2018, 06:17 PM
If you cannot tell the difference between ECU and Ole Miss then you are completely clueless to D1 football as a whole. That would be like saying, Memphis, Kansas, Michigan, UMass, and Georgia State are all equal since they sport a 1-1 record. GTFOH with that ****. FCS over FBS is not always impressive and to say otherwise is completely ignorant.

so you know who the best teams are after 1 or 2 weeks of the season? then why the heck are we playing all these games!? can you just go ahead and layout conference standings so we can skip all this and get on the basketball season...unless you've got that all figured out as well. does nc central beat A&t and send A&T to the playoffs? gasp? did they not get a bid? is the celebration bowl a rematch of pvamu and central or does someone else win the swac? This is like waiting for Infinity War II! Hurry please. I can't wait...Just have to make some popcorn...brb.

JSUSoutherner
September 8th, 2018, 06:25 PM
you just need to focus on ms valley. if you thought losing to A&T hurt, you haven't seen nothing if you drop this one. According to you, jax state is terrible.

MVSU is a JV high school team.

The fact they play in D1 is a travesty.

Redbird 4th & short
September 8th, 2018, 06:30 PM
in the meantime, NC A&T is playing host to Gardner-Webb ... they were 1-10 a year ago, ranked 97 in FCS per Massey. Their only win was over an 0-11 D-II team .. so they were 0-10 againt D-I teams. Score at half time is 17-6 .... I wonder what NDSU or JMU would be up at this point ?

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2018, 06:45 PM
FWIW the reason UNC was bad last year was because they were decimated by injuries

WestCoastAggie
September 8th, 2018, 07:34 PM
in the meantime, NC A&T is playing host to Gardner-Webb ... they were 1-10 a year ago, ranked 97 in FCS per Massey. Their only win was over an 0-11 D-II team .. so they were 0-10 againt D-I teams. Score at half time is 17-6 .... I wonder what NDSU or JMU would be up at this point ?

It's 38-6 now buddy.

The spread's 31.5 in A&T's favor. right now we're beating that. That's good for Massey and should be good for Sagarin.

WestCoastAggie
September 8th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Trying to watch this game on ESPN+...why do I get sound for the commericals, but not the game? xrotatehx

We ask that question every season.

WestCoastAggie
September 8th, 2018, 07:43 PM
It's now 45-6. A&T did what it was supposed to do on Saturday.

Redbird 4th & short
September 8th, 2018, 11:27 PM
It's now 45-6. A&T did what it was supposed to do on Saturday.

agreed .. slow start against a bad team, but more dominant 2nd half.

Note, ISUr was a 6-5 MVFC team last year ... we just beat a 6-5 OVC team (EIU) by score of 48-10 .. and we beat them by 31 at their place last year. NC A&T was a 9-2 MEAC team and just beat a 0-10 Big South team by similar score.

These are all relevant data points, that speak directly to issue of relative SOS depending on which conference you play in. So all other things being comparable, ISUr beating a 6-5 OVC team by 38 should be viewed as more impressive win than NC A&T beating a 0-10 Big South team by 39.

And those 2 data points taken alone would suggest, ISUr is better than NC A&T. But obviously there is more to it than this and we need many more data points .. but this is basic idea. Just like NC A&T needs more data points than an ugly win oevr JSU and a close win over a bottom 10 FBS.

Noting, ECU won by 20 today ... which by itself makes the NC A&T win over ECU a little better than we first thought ... so another data point that works slightly in NC A&T's favor ... need many more than that though to be considered near top of FCS.

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2018, 11:46 PM
In my heart of hearts i don't think A&T is a top 5 FCS team, and maybe not even a top 10 FBS team.

Having said that, I'm not hearing a compelling case from those who agree with me. I'll admit that belief is grounded in the history of MEAC teams tripping up and playing poorly against decent FBS competition, but that's about it.

Basically, we're getting to the point where I have to hear the standard where the skeptics will change their mind. For me, they're ranked in the top 10 (I had them at 7 last week) and they'll only drop under two conditions 1) if they lose and 2) if there are other teams with more impressive resumes (which is likely to happen because of their weak SOS).

But the answer to this is not by ragging on who they have beaten or comparing individual scoring margins (which are subject to randomness themselves), which is basically all I see here. It's unfalsifiable.

Schism55
September 9th, 2018, 12:33 AM
In my heart of hearts i don't think A&T is a top 5 FCS team, and maybe not even a top 10 FBS team.

Having said that, I'm not hearing a compelling case from those who agree with me. I'll admit that belief is grounded in the history of MEAC teams tripping up and playing poorly against decent FBS competition, but that's about it.

Basically, we're getting to the point where I have to hear the standard where the skeptics will change their mind. For me, they're ranked in the top 10 (I had them at 7 last week) and they'll only drop under two conditions 1) if they lose and 2) if there are other teams with more impressive resumes (which is likely to happen because of their weak SOS).

But the answer to this is not by ragging on who they have beaten or comparing individual scoring margins (which are subject to randomness themselves), which is basically all I see here. It's unfalsifiable.
I'm with you. They won't be playing for the Chip so it ultimately doesn't matter. Have you checked out their schedule? Oh man I can smell the stench off those teams from here. Also Grambling, who they barely beat in the toilet bowl last year got absolutely destroyed by SLC dumpster fire NW St lol

ASU33
September 9th, 2018, 12:45 AM
I'm with you. They won't be playing for the Chip so it ultimately doesn't matter. Have you checked out their schedule? Oh man I can smell the stench off those teams from here. Also Grambling, who they barely beat in the toilet bowl last year got absolutely destroyed by SLC dumpster fire NW St lol

Grambling isn't the same team this year that they were a year ago.

Peachy Carnahan
September 9th, 2018, 01:52 AM
A&T has taken care of business, does not matter what their conference has done. Too bad, they won't go to the playoffs so we can see how far they would go. I would love to see a match up with Wofford, Kennesaw, Samford, Elon or JMU in the playoffs.

major095
September 9th, 2018, 07:16 AM

they don't understand teams change from year to year, and what a team did last year has nothing to do with this year. According to them, you really don't need to play the games at all as we can just look at last year and know what will happen this season.

Redbird 4th & short
September 9th, 2018, 07:32 AM
But if Grambling goes 8-3 or 9-2, then what would that tell you ?

Hint .. they just lost to the 2 best teams on their schedule this year. And they did exact same thing a year ago. So they could do same thing this year still.

Redbird 4th & short
September 9th, 2018, 07:34 AM
they don't understand teams change from year to year, and what a team did last year has nothing to do with this year. According to them, you really don't need to play the games at all as we can just look at last year and know what will happen this season.
makes no sense whatsoever to totally ignore prior year this early in season .. how else do you rank teams the first month of any new season ?

ASU33
September 9th, 2018, 08:11 AM

Hint .. they just lost to the 2 best teams on their schedule this year. And they did exact same thing a year ago. So they could do same thing this year still.

If you think NSU was one of the best teams on Grambling's schedule you're crazy. Grambling killed this team a year ago. Grambling is trying to recover from losing the two time SWAC offensive player of the year at QB, their All-SWAC running back, two All-Conference offensive lineman, their entire secondary, their superstar Coordinator and several other coaches. This isn't the same Grambling team from years' past.

ASU33
September 9th, 2018, 08:14 AM

Grambling lost 1 game in the regular season and that was Tulane to open the season 38-17. Grambling won 11 straight before the Celebration Bowl included a convincing win over NSU who beat them last night.

RabidRabbit
September 9th, 2018, 09:26 AM
ECU turned around and demolished North Carolina 9/8, 41-19. so they may be better this year. Does make the NC A&T win look better.

Professor
September 10th, 2018, 12:19 PM
ECU turned around and demolished North Carolina 9/8, 41-19. so they may be better this year. Does make the NC A&T win look better.

Hopefully they keep winning and make a bowl game

Professor
September 10th, 2018, 12:21 PM
A&T has taken care of business, does not matter what their conference has done. Too bad, they won't go to the playoffs so we can see how far they would go. I would love to see a match up with Wofford, Kennesaw, Samford, Elon or JMU in the playoffs.

Elon we play next year in non conference but we have beat them consistently.

I want Wofford. We owe them from our 03 playoff loss

Big Dawg
September 10th, 2018, 02:09 PM

Grambling beat Northwestern State last year though...and Prairie View is better than NWST

Bisonoline
September 10th, 2018, 02:14 PM

NO????? Really?????? Jeez thanks for explaining that to us??? xrotatehxxlolx

Big Dawg
September 10th, 2018, 02:25 PM

Only when it’s the MEAC and SWAC smh

Redbird 4th & short
September 10th, 2018, 02:27 PM

yes, it makes their win look a little better ... that is the way this stuff works. Just like if/when they finish 3-9, it will diminish the NC A&T win each time because that is what ECU does most years.

So add 1 more of many more data points to come .. the ECU win by 20 is a positive data point .... 1 positive data point.

Note on questions about Maine's start with what looked like a huge win over UNH ... every game here on out that UNH struggles or loses will diminish that Maine win over UNH in week 1 .. it is already diminished by UNH loss in week 2 to Massey #37 in 2017, Colgate. But it's too early to over-react to 2 games .. need to give this a few weeks to flush out.

ASU33
September 10th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Only when it’s the MEAC and SWAC smh

Man you know the drill, the goalpost just keeps moving!

Professor
September 10th, 2018, 03:57 PM

Guess it didn't huh , sorry to hear lol

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401012265

Redbird 4th & short
September 10th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Man you know the drill, the goalpost just keeps moving!

let's do a recap ... pick 2016 season, year before last .. you played 2 FBS teams, and finished season 9-3. My ISUr finished 6-6 .. let's do a little FBS game and FCS playoff comparison.

week 2: NC A&T beats FBS #119 Kent St by 3 in 4 OT

week 2: ISUr played FBS #35 Northwestern and won by 2

.... so which FBS win is way more impressive ...100% Obvious right ??

then just one week later ...

week 3: NC A&T plays #42 FBS Tulsa and loses by 37

Now going to connect a couple of directly related dots. Note that same #42 Tulsa team played Ohio State, just like #35 Northwestern did that same season

.. #35 Northwestern lost by 4 at OSU
.. #42 Tulsa lost by 45 at OSU

See how this stuff works ?? Massey and Sagarin crank all of this out in this manner ... but it's a computer so it does all games being played and can do it real fast.

Nonetheless, NC A&T makes 2016 FCS playoffs ... I said back then, they did not deserve a bid and they weren't even a bubble team. So what did they do .. they lost 39-10 to Richmond team who was missing their stud QB. They had a chance to prove themselves that year and crapped the bed. ISUr also made playoffs at 6-5 .. so we had a chance to prove we deserved a bid and went to 9-2 UCA. We lost by just 7 at their place .. despite giving them 10 points in Q4 on special teams gaffes .. not bad for a 6-5 bubble team playing a top 12 9-2 team .. right ?

All those connected data points say same thing ... in 2016, ISUr at 6-6 was a better team than NC A&T at 9-3 .. that is how strength of schedule affects rankings. You had your chance less than 2 years ago and crapped the bed.

So I have NC A&T in my top 15, similar to Massey and Sagarin computers .. why is this insulting to people ?? Similar to where I have my ISUr .. and we just destroyed EIU worse than Arkansas did. By the way, I just said exact same thing about Maine, who played a tougher FBS than ECU .. they need more data points too.

No goal posts are moving .... this is competitive sports, you need to prove you belong, then talk.

ASU33
September 10th, 2018, 05:07 PM
let's do a recap ... pick 2016 season, year before last .. you played 2 FBS teams, and finished season 9-3. My ISUr finished 6-6 .. let's do a little FBS game and FCS playoff comparison.

week 2: NC A&T beats FBS #119 Kent St by 3 in 4 OT

week 2: ISUr played FBS #35 Northwestern and won by 2

.... so which FBS win is way more impressive ...100% Obvious right ??

then just one week later ...

week 3: NC A&T plays #42 FBS Tulsa and loses by 37

Now going to connect a couple of directly related dots. Note that same #42 Tulsa team played Ohio State, just like #35 Northwestern did that same season

.. #35 Northwestern lost by 4 at OSU
.. #42 Tulsa lost by 45 at OSU

See how this stuff works ?? Massey and Sagarin crank all of this out in this manner ... but it's a computer so it does all games being played and can do it real fast.

Nonetheless, NC A&T makes 2016 FCS playoffs ... I said back then, they did not deserve a bid and they weren't even a bubble team. So what did they do .. they lost 39-10 to Richmond team who was missing their stud QB. They had a chance to prove themselves that year and crapped the bed. ISUr also made playoffs at 6-5 .. so we had a chance to prove we deserved a bid and went to 9-2 UCA. We lost by just 7 at their place .. despite giving them 10 points in Q4 on special teams gaffes .. not bad for a 6-5 bubble team playing a top 12 9-2 team .. right ?

All those connected data points say same thing ... in 2016, ISUr at 6-6 was a better team than NC A&T at 9-3 .. that is how strength of schedule affects rankings. You had your chance less than 2 years ago and crapped the bed.

So I have NC A&T in my top 15, similar to Massey and Sagarin computers .. why is this insulting to people ?? Similar to where I have my ISUr .. and we just destroyed EIU worse than Arkansas did. By the way, I just said exact same thing about Maine, who played a tougher FBS than ECU .. they need more data points too.

No goal posts are moving .... this is competitive sports, you need to prove you belong, then talk.

A&T has done everything to show that they belong. Also you conveniently left out the fact that A&T was down to their 3rd string QB after QB 1 AND 2 got hurt going into the Richmond game. Lemme guess, Jax State and ECU aren't good ENOUGH wins huh?

Redbird 4th & short
September 10th, 2018, 05:12 PM
A&T has done everything to show that they belong. Also you conveniently left out the fact that A&T was down to their 3rd string QB after QB 1 AND 2 got hurt going into the Richmond game. Lemme guess, Jax State and ECU aren't good ENOUGH wins huh?
what were you and the other NC A&T defenders claiming in 2016 after beating Kent St and then walking into Richmond game ?

Redbird 4th & short
September 10th, 2018, 05:31 PM
If you think NSU was one of the best teams on Grambling's schedule you're crazy. Grambling killed this team a year ago. Grambling is trying to recover from losing the two time SWAC offensive player of the year at QB, their All-SWAC running back, two All-Conference offensive lineman, their entire secondary, their superstar Coordinator and several other coaches. This isn't the same Grambling team from years' past.

Grambling won 23-10 at home last year .. what's exactly is your definition of "killing a team" ??

ASU33
September 10th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Grambling won 23-10 at home last year .. what's exactly is your definition of "killing a team" ??

NSU crossed the 50 yard line once in the first half and three times the entire game. Grambling racked up over 400 yards compared to NSUs 283. Earlier you said Grambling lost to NSU which was wrong but hey keep choppinxcoffeex

major095
September 10th, 2018, 06:54 PM
NO????? Really?????? Jeez thanks for explaining that to us??? xrotatehxxlolx
you're welcome. I know I have to say some things around here several times before it sinks in as truth.xrolleyesx

WileECoyote06
September 11th, 2018, 06:10 AM
what were you and the other NC A&T advocates claiming in 2016 after beating Kent St and then walking into Richmond game ?

FYP. NCCU beat the farmers silly that year, but nobody is ranking us in 2018 based on that win. Using last season as a springboard, A&T's resume so far easily warrants a top ten, if not top five ranking. There are only two FCS schools with both a Top 25 win and an FBS win. As the season wears on, it can come under increased scrutiny, but for now the farmers are deserving.

Reign of Terrier
September 11th, 2018, 06:33 AM
Y'all need to realize that arguing with some MVFC fans is pointless

Professor
September 11th, 2018, 07:14 AM

I see but it's rather entertaining. He is dancing all over trying to find something. I'm amused

POD Knows
September 11th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Y'all need to realize that arguing with some MVFC fans is pointlessHey, you guys should thank your lucky stars that we even communicate with you. :D

Redbird 4th & short
September 11th, 2018, 07:31 AM
I see but it's rather entertaining. He is dancing all over trying to find something. I'm amused
good news for me is that I don't have to dance to far away, Massey and Sagarin have NC A&T ranked 15th and 13th respectively. If you want to put any stock in a subjective poll sitting 2 weeks or even 11 weeks into a season ... good luck with that.

Fun fact .. I found the old pre-game thread from before Richmond & NC A&T game ... confirms NC A&T was down to their 3rd string QB like couple of you eagerly pointed out. Also confirms, Richmond was down to starting the 4th string QB, and had to play injured. So you neglected to point that fact out.

ASU33
September 11th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Obsession For Men

Turns out it's more than just a fragrance! Lol

WileECoyote06
September 11th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Massey Composite has A&T at #5. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
September 11th, 2018, 09:48 AM

Really? After seeing too many of your self aggrandized over winded tomes I find this comment hilarious. xlolx

Reign of Terrier
September 11th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Really? After seeing too many of your self aggrandized over winded tomes I find this comment hilarious. xlolx

another empty calorie comment! wow!!!!1

WestCoastAggie
September 11th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Massey Composite has A&T at #5. xcoffeex

Let Redbird tell it,
we're only 2 weeks into season and there are only 20 or so polls/systems contributing at this point.

stay tuned until week 6 or 7, then things start to become more debatable on merits of what we are seeing this year.

xlolx

But whatever.

Bisonoline
September 11th, 2018, 11:16 AM

Oh no! Youre rubbing off on me.

Redbird 4th & short
September 11th, 2018, 11:18 AM
and another pot calling kettle black comment ... wow !!!!

guys, this debate is being debated from 2 sides. Please stop acting like this is one sided debate and NC A&T "advocates" are above all this. Trust me .. some of you have no clue how Massey works and why 2 games into season does not a top 3 team make .. particularly with your recent history, your SOS, and the way you won your games. Mind blowing as thi smay be to some of you .. this is a debatable topic.

Professor
September 12th, 2018, 09:34 AM
good news for me is that I don't have to dance to far away, Massey and Sagarin have NC A&T ranked 15th and 13th respectively. If you want to put any stock in a subjective poll sitting 2 weeks or even 11 weeks into a season ... good luck with that.

Fun fact .. I found the old pre-game thread from before Richmond & NC A&T game ... confirms NC A&T was down to their 3rd string QB like couple of you eagerly pointed out. Also confirms, Richmond was down to starting the 4th string QB, and had to play injured. So you neglected to point that fact out.

Richmond QB was not injured but keep trying. They took a Redshirt off the 3 star Kevin Johnson out of Atlanta. Who by the way also beat North Dakota. It's one thing to be salty, but its an entire other thing to just blatantly lie to try and prove your point.

https://www.si.com/college-football/game/1698556/box-score

https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/richmond-qb-kevin-johnson-eliminate-n-c-a-t-from/article_c921616d-060c-5370-9c40-649e4dee1831.html

https://247sports.com/player/kevin-johnson-27939/

Who now btw is the starter in Richmond.

Redbird 4th & short
September 12th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Richmond QB was not injured but keep trying. They took a Redshirt off the 3 star Kevin Johnson out of Atlanta. Who by the way also beat North Dakota. It's one thing to be salty, but its an entire other thing to just blatantly lie to try and prove your point.

https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/richmond-qb-kevin-johnson-eliminate-n-c-a-t-from/article_c921616d-060c-5370-9c40-649e4dee1831.html

seriously dude ? Blatantly lied ? I said i found the pre-game thread and a Richmond fan said it. There were several post exchanges on the QB injury challenges for both teams. MacThor from Richmond posted, "Our QB situation is a mess - right now we are looking at starting an injured QB4.", in response to NC A&T posters saying they were on 3rd string QB. If that doesn't mean 4th string in the context of that exchange, then sue me .... but "blatantly lied" ???

Point is same .. both teams were dealing with QB problems .. 3rd or 4th string.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?189139-Is-NC-A-amp-T-a-possible-Playoff-Team/page6

Professor
September 12th, 2018, 10:30 AM
seriously dude ? Blatantly lied ? I said i found the pre-game thread and a Richmond fan said it. There were several post exchanges on the QB injury challenges for both teams. MacThor from Richmond posted, "Our QB situation is a mess - right now we are looking at starting an injured QB4.", in response to NC A&T posters saying they were on 3rd string QB. If that doesn't mean 4th string in the context of that exchange, then sue me .... but "blatantly lied" ???

Point is same .. both teams were dealing with QB problems .. 3rd or 4th string.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?189139-Is-NC-A-amp-T-a-possible-Playoff-Team/page6

It is a BOLD FACE LIE. You are trying to make it seem like Richmond limped so guy out there and they kicked our A@@ with him. Clearly a simple google search will tell the story.

A&T played their 3rd and 4th string QB. Richmond took a kids red-shirt and played him. If your going to try and prove your point, FACTS are very helpful, not the bs you thought happened

McNeese75
September 12th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Somebody PLEASE kill this thread!!!!!

Panther88
September 12th, 2018, 10:33 AM

Have the goalposts stopped moving yet? xlolx

Reign of Terrier
September 12th, 2018, 10:35 AM
and another pot calling kettle black comment ... wow !!!!

guys, this debate is being debated from 2 sides. Please stop acting like this is one sided debate and NC A&T "advocates" are above all this. Trust me .. some of you have no clue how Massey works and why 2 games into season does not a top 3 team make .. particularly with your recent history, your SOS, and the way you won your games. Mind blowing as thi smay be to some of you .. this is a debatable topic.

I don't disagree necessarily. I look at polls as snapshots and at this snapshot in time A&T has the best resume for the 2018 season.

I also think bisonoline adds absolutely nothing to the conversation and was pointing that out. No seriously, 60% of his comments are just emojis and name-calling.

Professor
September 12th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Have the goalposts stopped moving yet? xlolx

Nope , at this point , I pray we go undefeated again. I just don't understand. If your so concerned about who we play , then get your AD on the phone and tell him to call A&T's AD and schedule a game

Panther88
September 12th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Nope , at this point , I pray we go undefeated again. I just don't understand. If your so concerned about who we play , then get your AD on the phone and tell him to call A&T's AD and schedule a game

Too much like right. Return to your upbringing and say it like it needs to be said [ BOLD = BALD xlolx ]. It's time to take our ball, and return home. Nothing else to prove here. NCA&T has the BEST football team at all levels in NC, fall 2018.

Redbird 4th & short
September 12th, 2018, 11:53 AM
It is a BOLD FACE LIE. You are trying to make it seem like Richmond limped so guy out there and they kicked our A@@ with him. Clearly a simple google search will tell the story.

A&T played their 3rd and 4th string QB. Richmond took a kids red-shirt and played him. If your going to try and prove your point, FACTS are very helpful, not the bs you thought happened

just wow .. cited the source, provided the source, you were on the thread posting at the time and no one disputed it then. And now I'm a bold=faced blatant liar ... for something I quoted verbatim .. ok, you got me.

Professor
September 12th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Yea pretty much. Your pissed off because A&T got a at large seed in the 2016 FCS playoffs . No clue as to why, your team got in. And your trying your best to discredit us. And yet meanwhile your scheduling NAIA schools lol

Derby City Duke
September 12th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Yea pretty much. Your pissed off because A&T got a at large bid to the 2016 FCS playoffs . No clue as to why, your team got in. And your trying your best to discredit us. And yet meanwhile your scheduling NAIA schools lol

FIFY

Redbird 4th & short
September 12th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Yea pretty much. Your pissed off because A&T got a at large seed in the 2016 FCS playoffs . No clue as to why, your team got in. And your trying your best to discredit us. And yet meanwhile your scheduling NAIA schools lol
No, I'm annoyed when wannebe teams claim to have accomplished something great before they've actually earned it or proved it.

Yet I have you in my top 15 ... and for life of me, I'm not sure why this causes you so much anguish or to feel "discredited".

No one in Redbird Nation liked getting stuck with that NAIA game; difference is .. it is only time we've done it and everyone knows that win will not be included when selection committee considers playoff teams .. so it is non factor as far as this debate goes. And our SOS will still be top 20 with the NAIA game, and yours will still be bottom 20 with your so-called FBS game. In meantime, we beat #35 Northwestern in 2016, lost to #18 Iowa in 2015. Then have Colorado St this year. Then have lined up Wisconsin, Iowa, NIU, Illinois over the next 5 years.

You sure you want to debate SOS ?

Professor
September 12th, 2018, 04:46 PM
No, I'm annoyed when wannebe teams claim to have accomplished something great before they've actually earned it or proved it.

Yet I have you in my top 15 ... and for life of me, I'm not sure why this causes you so much anguish or to feel "discredited".

No one in Redbird Nation liked getting stuck with that NAIA game; difference is .. it is only time we've done it and everyone knows that win will not be included when selection committee considers playoff teams .. so it is non factor as far as this debate goes. And our SOS will still be top 20 with the NAIA game, and yours will still be bottom 20 with your so-called FBS game. In meantime, we beat #35 Northwestern in 2016, lost to #18 Iowa in 2015. Then have Colorado St this year. Then have lined up Wisconsin, Iowa, NIU, Illinois over the next 5 years.

You sure you want to debate SOS ?

Since we are a Wanna be and your having problems finding games.... A phone call to from your AD to ours could help solve your issues.

Lol SOS... In 2016 when u lost to Indiana State , a team that has had 5 winning seasons in the last 20 years ....Did that help your SOS? Or that loss to E. Illinois? Guess both of those schools could have beaten Northwestern as well.