PDA

View Full Version : YAHOO SPORTS ON JSU'S BAND AND CROWD AGAINST FLORIDA

BLUE TIGER
March 17th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Bring the noise

Early on, caught in the chaos of Tigers and tubas, the Gators were as rattled as the arena walls. Maybe it was the band, that introduced itself by way of a decibel-blaring rendition of "Get Ready," the old Temptations tune, which had the Jackson State fans on their feet, swaying to the funky music and chanting along with the band, "Get ready, get rehhh-dee."

Florida's band members looked as unsettled as the basketball players. Said tuba player Cody Ray, "To tell you the truth, I didn't even know Jackson State had a band."

Which is like the Jackson State point guard saying they didn't know Florida had a basketball team. The Sonic Boom of the South is the Florida of college bands.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=AlaNHsbmchvsoaPYSuTJnNTevbYF?slug=jp-midwest2007sonicboom031607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

BLUE TIGER
March 17th, 2007, 08:44 AM
NOAH AND THE BOOM

Count Florida's Joakim Noah as one who is a fan of Jackson State's "Sonic Boom of the South" pep band.

Walking through the corridor to his media interviews after the game, Noah shook hands with a few of the JSU tuba players.

"You guys were playing so loud at timeouts I couldn't hear a thing that was going on," Noah said. "You guys were so crazy and loud."

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070317/SPORTS030101/703170375/1073

Peems
March 19th, 2007, 11:24 AM
They didn't know the band existed!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx

mebisonII
March 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Man, I'd love to see some of these great southern bands in person!! Gotta love seeing the bands get some press! xthumbsupx

jessesd
March 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM
All the HBCU’s are famous for great and loud bands, It’s always a treat to see them, I can only wish the marching' Gators were as good as any of the bands belonging the SWAC or the MEAC (no luck, we are gettho in the band department). Unfortunately not the same can be said about their sports programs that are at a Div 2 level at their best.

jstate83
March 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM
All the HBCU’s are famous for great and loud bands, It’s always a treat to see them, I can only wish the marching' Gators were as good as any of the bands belonging the SWAC or the MEAC (no luck, we are gettho in the band department). Unfortunately not the same can be said about their sports programs that are at a Div 2 level at their best.

Thanks for the "backhanded" complement. xrolleyesx

A thread about the band get's the same ole smack about sport's. xlolx
Again.......................Somebody tell me why the SWAC sould be fired up about getting into a playoff with people that don't want us there anyway? xlolx

SU Jag
March 21st, 2007, 12:55 PM
Congrats to the Sonic Boom!xnodx

Appstate29
March 21st, 2007, 01:10 PM
Somebody tell me why the SWAC sould be fired up about getting into a playoff with people that don't want us there anyway? xlolx

this guy is a florida fan.

3rd Coast Tiger
March 21st, 2007, 01:57 PM
Luv tha Boom!!!

appfan2008
March 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM
Jax St band is the best and loudest I have ever seen

Sorry app fans... as a former member our band is not as good as we think it is and we made up that whole "North Carolina's Band of Distinction" thing up... sad but true

crunifan
March 21st, 2007, 07:24 PM
No offense to Appalachian State, but from what I saw at the National Championship game, even UNI's band is better than that. UNI's band is good (we have a big College of Music), but nothing compared to what you all are talking of at the MEAC and SWAC.

The Gadfly
March 22nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the "backhanded" complement. xrolleyesx

A thread about the band get's the same ole smack about sport's. xlolx
Again.......................Somebody tell me why the SWAC sould be fired up about getting into a playoff with people that don't want us there anyway? xlolx

Is it because you stink at football now?

jstate83
March 22nd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Is it because you stink at football now?

CASE CLOSED................... I knew it would not be long before and idiot expressed the true feelings.
I can always count on them for that. xlolx

You mofo's don't ever need to bring that bullshat up again.
The CRIT's like this fool all up in arms because a writer called ALL YOU MOFO's SUB-PAR because you play on the 1-aa level and the world was comming to an end. xlolx

Welcome.....................You deserve it. xlolx.

BTW: I would be mad if someone other than freaking COASTAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE, (I know...xlolx.....Like there's a big difference xlolx), made this comment.
But...................I gotta laugh at this nut. xlolx

SU Jag
March 22nd, 2007, 03:10 PM

xthumbsupx Just be glad that the finger that I was searching for isn't listed on the smilies listxthumbsupx