PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State @ Iowa State

JacksFan40
August 29th, 2018, 09:25 AM
September 1st, kickoff at 7.
Should be a interesting game. Cyclones seem ready to take another step forward with Campbell and SDSU has to replace 2 NFL players on offense. I think SDSU can win this one but it’ll require a great game similar to NDSU last year.
Iowa State will likely win but I can see it only being a 10 point game.

Professor Chaos
August 29th, 2018, 09:28 AM
I'll be very interested to see how this game plays out. SDSU has a lot of new faces of offense but the most important one (the QB) stays the same. This game will tell us a lot about Christion as a player just like it will about SDSU as a team.

I hope they win it. I'd love to see both teams comes in undefeated for that Dakota Marker game in Fargo on 9/29. Might be #1 vs #2 in the country if that does happen.

ST_Lawson
August 29th, 2018, 09:48 AM
My guess is that SDSU will be competitive, they'll cover the spread (14 points, I think), but not quite do enough to win.
Last year...a year earlier in Iowa State's improvements and SDSU + Goedert and Wieneke...and I think SDSU wins it.

Still, I'll be rooting for you guys. Any time an FCS (especially a MVFC team) has a chance to claim a FBS scalp, I'm all for that. Just makes us all look better.

POD Knows
August 29th, 2018, 10:33 AM
I hope SDSU gets their asses handed to them, sorry, blind hatred is hard to overcome. I also hope UND gets their asses kicked at Washington.

God, I feel better know getting that off my chest.

Actually, I know a bunch of guys that are Iowa State grads, now I can't decide whether or not the awesomeness of ragging on those guys exceeds my glee over the Jacks losing big. I need to sleep on this.

Bisonator
August 29th, 2018, 10:41 AM
I hope the jackboys win so we can crush their soles and claim a win over Iowa State using the transitive property. :D

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2018, 11:23 AM
I hope SDSU gets their asses handed to them, sorry, blind hatred is hard to overcome. I also hope UND gets their asses kicked at Washington.

Actually, I know a bunch of guys that are Iowa State grads, now I can't decide whether or not the awesomeness of ragging on those guys exceeds my glee over the Jacks losing big. I need to sleep on this.Just #bookit already.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2018, 11:23 AM
I hope the jackboys win so we can crush their soles and claim a win over Iowa State using the transitive property. :DYou mean another win over Iowa St? xlolx

Bisonator
August 29th, 2018, 11:30 AM
You mean another win over Iowa St? xlolx

Yes another one. Since we don't play an FBS this season this is our shot!xnodx

Evolution Prime
August 29th, 2018, 11:33 AM
I am guessing about a 17-21 point loss for us. It will probably go the way the last time we played Nebraska. We will hang in there for a while, maybe even lead. Eventually the FBS depth will wear us down in the second half and they will pull away. They are expected to be pretty decent this year, but then again TCU was supposed to be pretty good the year we played and they were pretty meh that year. I predict only 2 turnovers for us.

Bison56
August 29th, 2018, 11:49 AM
What's the over under on Joose consumed during the game?xdrunkyx

IBleedYellow
August 29th, 2018, 12:12 PM
I am guessing about a 17-21 point loss for us. It will probably go the way the last time we played Nebraska. We will hang in there for a while, maybe even lead. Eventually the FBS depth will wear us down in the second half and they will pull away. They are expected to be pretty decent this year, but then again TCU was supposed to be pretty good the year we played and they were pretty meh that year. I predict only 2 turnovers for us.

I bet there will be more than 2. $20?

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 29th, 2018, 12:19 PM
I bet there will be more than 2. $20?

Hell you're practically guaranteed one on SDSU's last offensive play. How else do you finish a game without an INT?

Paladin1aa
August 29th, 2018, 12:33 PM
The game will have an extra FCS flavor to it. Former YSU HC Jon Heacock is Iowa Sts DC and is partly responsible for the Cyclones turnaround. While an average HC at YSU , he has been a top DC everywhere he has been. I expect he will hold down SDSU scoring a lot.

cx500d
August 29th, 2018, 02:56 PM

Actually, I know a bunch of guys that are Iowa State grads, now I can't decide whether or not the awesomeness of ragging on those guys exceeds my glee over the Jacks losing big. I need to sleep on this.
I can see SDSU being in the hope category....und is really in the fact category

The Yo Show
August 29th, 2018, 03:06 PM
30 cases

cx500d
August 29th, 2018, 03:11 PM
30 cases
He said during the game...that’s before the game

The Yo Show
August 29th, 2018, 03:16 PM
He said during the game...that’s before the game
Good point. I did misread that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Iowa State is going to be good. Trending up.

SDSU loses by 17-21 points IMO.

CappinHard
September 1st, 2018, 10:44 AM
Iowa State was up to a 15 point favorite, but now down to 11.5. Presumably some correction from the suspension of Ruth, their projected starting Star LB.

Redbird 4th & short
September 1st, 2018, 11:40 AM
I like QB Christion, but big question for me is how will he do without his 2 big stud pass catchers, Weineke and Goedert .. very uncommon to be that big and good on same team. Not just production, but their catch radius and hands had to account for 5% or more on Christion completion rate the last 3 years.

CappinHard
September 1st, 2018, 01:05 PM
I like QB Christion, but big question for me is how will he do without his 2 big stud pass catchers, Weineke and Goedert .. very uncommon to be that big and good on same team. Not just production, but their catch radius and hands had to account for 5% or more on Christion completion rate the last 3 years.

I think he's going to surprise some people this year. He's very good at just reading the field and making the right decisions. The last couple years it almost seemed like he forced the ball to Goedert and Wieneke at times, probably under the direction of the coaching staff.

uni88
September 1st, 2018, 01:26 PM

In the stands, on the sidelines, or combined?

Twentysix
September 1st, 2018, 03:02 PM
Is this streamable?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
September 1st, 2018, 03:33 PM
Is this streamable?

Through cyclone.tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayJ79
September 1st, 2018, 04:30 PM
Through cyclone.tv

which has a history of really sucking.

Twentysix
September 1st, 2018, 04:46 PM
A p5 team doesn't have a national broadcast? Not even ESPN3??? Wtf

Is cyclone tv free?

cx500d
September 1st, 2018, 04:48 PM

Is cyclone tv free?

Says something about the competition....I seem to remember a national broadcast a couple years ago.....

Twentysix
September 1st, 2018, 04:50 PM
Says something about the competition....I seem to remember a national broadcast a couple years ago.....I'm pretty sure if ndsu played a highschool team it would be on ESPN+ nationally. So I'm not sure that reasoning passes the smell test.

cx500d
September 1st, 2018, 04:52 PM
I'm pretty sure if ndsu played a highschool team it would be on ESPN+ nationally. So I'm not sure that reasoning passes the smell test.

What reasoning?

Twentysix
September 1st, 2018, 04:53 PM
What reasoning?It shouldn't matter who a p5 is playing. It should be televised. SDSU is not the reason it's not on tv.

cx500d
September 1st, 2018, 04:56 PM
It shouldn't matter who a p5 is playing. It should be televised. SDSU is not the reason it's not on tv.

SDSU....yawn....I'm sure theres a local reporter at the game that might be sending out tweets.

BTW, that means San Diego State University to most people...

Drblankstare
September 1st, 2018, 05:19 PM

Is cyclone tv free?

Yeah totally agree about this. In the times we live in, the fact that any “major” college football team doesn’t have a tv/stream option that isn’t the ****ing schools website is crazy to me

mmiller_34
September 1st, 2018, 05:29 PM
SDSU....yawn....I'm sure theres a local reporter at the game that might be sending out tweets.

BTW, that means San Diego State University to most people...

Says the guy who can't remember what his team's uniforms look like and how they are different this year...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/HbjDTy6gfBXMI/giphy.gif

Wasn't going to troll you until you made the played out San Diego State reference. That one is on you.

JayJ79
September 1st, 2018, 05:29 PM
Yeah totally agree about this. In the times we live in, the fact that any “major” college football team doesn’t have a tv/stream option that isn’t the ****ing schools website is crazy to me
they make money off charging subscriptions fo cyclone tv
not sure schools really get any payout from putting things on ESPN3

cx500d
September 1st, 2018, 05:30 PM
Says the guy who can't remember what his team's uniforms look like and how they are different this year...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/HbjDTy6gfBXMI/giphy.gif

Wasn't going to troll you until you made the played out San Diego State reference. That one is on you.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o7TKV5CyxOZLwGkM0/giphy.gif

Drblankstare
September 1st, 2018, 05:32 PM
they make money off charging subscriptions fo cyclone tv
not sure schools really get any payout from putting things on ESPN3

I know next to nothing about what big12 teams get paid to have their games on Espn3/extra but it has to be more than ISU gets from their website subs. I could be wrong of course

Thumper 76
September 1st, 2018, 05:34 PM
Says something about the competition....I seem to remember a national broadcast a couple years ago.....

Iowa State gets one game a year to put on their exclusive bull**** “network” which is available on select Mediacom packages. They selected this one. Probably because they don’t want to get burned with a loss on national TV to an FCS team.

cx500d
September 1st, 2018, 05:42 PM
Iowa State gets one game a year to put on their exclusive bull**** “network” which is available on select Mediacom packages. They selected this one. Probably because they don’t want to get burned with a loss on national TV to an FCS team.

Thanks for reminding me...I was thinking it was Iowa. Now it makes more sense.

BisonBacker
September 1st, 2018, 05:49 PM

LOL I was waiting for this. The game in Fargo this year is going to be brutal for Joose boy xdrunkyx

Kemo
September 1st, 2018, 07:23 PM
Jacks continue to have the worst 3rd and long defense in the history of football. Only rush 3 on third and 12 and still leave the middle of the field wide open.

2 plays later, Jacks miss a tackle on a WR screen and it's taken to the house.

7-0 Cyclones. And now the players are headed back to the locker room because of a lightning delay.

mmiller_34
September 1st, 2018, 07:25 PM
Great start. Hope we can keep this up.

JacksFan40
September 1st, 2018, 08:40 PM
Hopefully Jacks come out of the delay fired up, solid start so far at least.

Professor Chaos
September 1st, 2018, 08:45 PM
Great start. Hope we can keep this up.

Hopefully Jacks come out of the delay fired up, solid start so far at least.
Ummmm... is my box score wrong or are you guys being facetious?

Bisonator
September 1st, 2018, 08:57 PM
Score?

mmiller_34
September 1st, 2018, 08:58 PM
Ummmm... is my box score wrong or are you guys being facetious?

Mine was sarcastic

- - - Updated - - -

Score?

Lighting 14, Cyclones 7, Jackrabbits 0

Kemo
September 1st, 2018, 09:04 PM
Mine was sarcastic

- - - Updated - - -

Lighting 14, Cyclones 7, Jackrabbits 0

It's worse than the score would indicate. Lightning has dominated the Time of Possession.

mmiller_34
September 1st, 2018, 09:39 PM
It's worse than the score would indicate. Lightning has dominated the Time of Possession.

It was quite the "thunderous" performance

- - - Updated - - -

They are saying the game is cancelled.

Yep. game cancelled.

Jacks win. Because of reasons.

JayJ79
September 1st, 2018, 09:45 PM
"Cyclone game cancelled because of severe weather"
oh irony

Bisonator
September 1st, 2018, 10:02 PM
That sucks......

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9de3d5dd95fb9b95f8ab0e948581b4fe/tenor.gif?itemid=9718411

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2018, 10:04 PM
They going to try to make it up tomorrow or Monday or something? Or is SDSU just going to have to go with a 10-game schedule this year?

mmiller_34
September 1st, 2018, 10:05 PM
They going to try to make it up tomorrow or Monday or something? Or is SDSU just going to have to go with a 10-game schedule this year?

We will go a 10 game schedule

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2018, 10:06 PM
We will go a 10 game schedule

Oof...that sucks. Any idea if the contract has any weather-cancellation clauses? Does SDSU still get $$$ for making the trip?

mmiller_34
September 1st, 2018, 10:10 PM
Oof...that sucks. Any idea if the contract has any weather-cancellation clauses? Does SDSU still get $$$ for making the trip?

Our beat writer indicated that we will still get the guarantee $$$. Honestly, this is just as well. It is fun to watch your team play these games but from the way Iowa State struck on that bubble screen it might have been a long night for the Jacks.

We'll have a reboot to the season next week, at home, with everyone healthy.

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2018, 10:17 PM
Our beat writer indicated that we will still get the guarantee $$$. Honestly, this is just as well. It is fun to watch your team play these games but from the way Iowa State struck on that bubble screen it might have been a long night for the Jacks.

We'll have a reboot to the season next week, at home, with everyone healthy.

Yeah, I suppose if it's like 99% chance that it's going to be a loss, and you still get the money, then you haven't really lost anything.

Pretty sure 8-3 looks about the same in the eyes of the playoff committee as 8-2 with a cancelled FBS game.

Lorne_Malvo
September 1st, 2018, 10:21 PM
Both teams dodged a bullet.

Redbird 4th & short
September 2nd, 2018, 08:52 AM
well played !

Redbird 4th & short
September 2nd, 2018, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I suppose if it's like 99% chance that it's going to be a loss, and you still get the money, then you haven't really lost anything.

Pretty sure 8-3 looks about the same in the eyes of the playoff committee as 8-2 with a cancelled FBS game.

This will get interesting for playoff selection committee if SDSU goes 7-3. Committee will have to treat it as if it were 7-4, with an FBS loss to on-level the argument for or against .... then make their decision as if they were 7-4 with FBS loss .. especially if they are comparing it to another 7-4 team with FBS loss.

JacksFan40
September 2nd, 2018, 08:59 AM
This will get interesting for playoff selection committee if SDSU goes 7-3. Committee will have to treat it as if it were 7-4, with an FBS loss to on-level the argument for or against .... then make their decision as if they were 7-4 with FBS loss .. especially if they are comparing it to another 7-4 team with FBS loss.
If anything this could hurt the Cyclones more, if they happen to finish 5-6 now with only 11 games, they likely won’t make a bowl game without that 6th win they could’ve had against us.

JacksFan40
September 2nd, 2018, 10:02 AM
I saw on SDSUFans that it’s possible SDSU could schedule an 11th game with Drake.
Drake has an open date on 9/22 and their game against William Jewel was canceled as well. Can’t imagine Drake would be to thrilled to trade a likely win against a lower division to having to play SDSU for the 3rd straight year.

JayJ79
September 2nd, 2018, 03:02 PM
If anything this could hurt the Cyclones more, if they happen to finish 5-6 now with only 11 games, they likely won’t make a bowl game without that 6th win they could’ve had against us.

They could look to find someone to schedule on their bye week, or if they're looking at ending up with 5 wins, they could try and schedule someone for Dec. 1st. Heck, I even saw one headline suggesting that Iowa State and Nebraska play each other, since they both had their games cancelled. But I highly doubt that would happen.

Houndawg
September 4th, 2018, 06:45 AM
I hope the jackboys win so we can crush their soles and claim a win over Iowa State using the transitive property. :D

You don't like their footwear?

Bisonator
September 4th, 2018, 06:52 AM
You don't like their footwear?
Took you long enough to find that, congrats.

Laker
September 4th, 2018, 07:15 AM
Possibilities for Iowa State rescheduling an opponent. Two unnamed FCS teams were possibilities- one absolutely won't play them.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/football/2018/09/03/jamie-pollard-iowa-state-cyclones-matt-campbell-scheduling-situation/1187859002/

Professor Chaos
September 4th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Possibilities for Iowa State rescheduling an opponent. Two unnamed FCS teams were possibilities- one absolutely won't play them.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/football/2018/09/03/jamie-pollard-iowa-state-cyclones-matt-campbell-scheduling-situation/1187859002/
Holy smokes! Did someone get ahold of some Joose down there and got a little belligerent Saturday night????

Making the game up on Sunday wasn’t an option since both teams didn’t want to tinker with their following game week schedule. Plus more stormy weather was in the forecast for Sunday and possible hotel arraignments may not have been available.

Also kind of strange to hold court in a hotel but Iowa is weird...

On a more serious note it must be a SWAC team that is the one FCS possibility since the Iowa St AD said that the team wouldn't play the game if they're in "their championship game" in reference to the opponent.