PDA

View Full Version : Niagara talking junk...

HIU 93
March 13th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I hope FAMU beats these fools like Tyson beat Spinks...

http://www.buffalonews.com/124/story/30938.html

GannonFan
March 13th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, the MAAC conference was quite pissed off about being in the play-in game - they feel they are a 12 or 13 seed type league and to be one of the bottom 16 they felt was a huge slap in the face. Not sure if that's good for FAMU or not. On the other hand, Niagra did find a way to lose to lowly Delaware this year so while they maybe upset, you can't lose to UD in a year like this and not expect a little disrespect. xnodx

griz37
March 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I am predicting Niagara by about 12. Sorry but this game should have been FAMU vs. Jackson St. or North Texas.

dbackjon
March 13th, 2007, 03:31 PM
RPI's lower than Niagra:

North Texas (15 seed)
Weber State (15 seed)
CCSU (16 seed)
Jackson State (16 seed)
FAMU (play-in)

BigApp
March 13th, 2007, 03:34 PM
this game should've been Arkansas vs Stanford

griz37
March 13th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I think its sad that committee chair came out & said that they are sensitive to the HBCUs & try not to pair the MEAC & SWAC champ in the play-in game. How is that fair to the rest of the conferences?

dbackjon
March 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I think its sad that committee chair came out & said that they are sensitive to the HBCUs & try not to pair the MEAC & SWAC champ in the play-in game. How is that fair to the rest of the conferences?

He actually SAID that? wow.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 13th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Lehigh had this happen to them a few years ago (having a higher RPI than 4 or 5 teams, and having to play the play-in game), and got absolutely drilled by FAMU.

I think the same thing will happen here. The MAAC has been in steady decline as a basketball conference. This will prove it. xtwocentsx

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2007, 04:00 PM

Someone on SWAC Page mentioned making an HBCU Championship Game with that being the play-in game to the NCAA field...

I'm a proponent of four play-in games with the battles being amongst bubble teams trying to get in. The play-in game is by no means an NCAA tournament game by all accounts. There is no reason that these conference tournament winners should be in such a game. Let them play in the tournament for crying out loud!

griz37
March 13th, 2007, 04:05 PM
He actually SAID that? wow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2796072

Its about halfway down the article.

crunifan
March 13th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Niagra has every right to be upset. It should have been Jackson State, plain and simple.

I don't get a rat's ass if it pair's two HBCU's together. Fact is, the play in game is the between the two teams with the lowest RPI's, and they violated that this year so they could be "sensitive." Complete crap.

dbackjon
March 13th, 2007, 04:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2796072

Its about halfway down the article.

Thanks!

jstate83
March 13th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I am predicting Niagara by about 12. Sorry but this game should have been FAMU vs. Jackson St. or North Texas.

Man................You lost yo mind.
Jackson State didn't need to be part of NO play-in game.

There are plenty of teams worthy of that than Jackson State.
Get real.

jstate83
March 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM
xlolx
Niagra has every right to be upset. It should have been Jackson State, plain and simple.

Another lost minded soul.

Bottom line is ya'll can scream reverse racism, scared to put to HBCU's together or whatever.

Damm Niagra...................They either win or take there play in game arses home.

We play Florida.....................Don't like it................Choke on it.
Some of ya'll are just..................Nevermind. xlolx

griz37
March 13th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Man................You lost yo mind.
Jackson State didn't need to be part of NO play-in game.

There are plenty of teams worthy of that than Jackson State.
Get real.

What did Jackson St. do during the season to prove they don't belong in the play-in game? I realize they have one of the best scorers in the country but thats not a reason for them to escape the idiocy that is the opening round game.

griz37
March 13th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Double post.

griz37
March 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Niagara finished with an RPI of 136 & in 2nd place in the 23rd ranked conference.

Jackson St. finished 2nd with an RPI of 168 in the 32nd (dead last) ranked conference.

I guess I am crazy for thinking JSU is more deserving to be in the play-in game.

http://kenpom.com/rpi.php

http://kenpom.com/confrank.php

BobbyMo
March 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Niagara finished with an RPI of 136 & in 2nd place in the 23rd ranked conference.

Jackson St. finished 2nd with an RPI of 168 in the 32nd (dead last) ranked conference.

I guess I am crazy for thinking JSU is more deserving to be in the play-in game.

No, you are not crazy. You are sane and 100% right. The play in game is joke IMO, it should be the 2 lowest RPI.

crunifan
March 13th, 2007, 06:37 PM
xlolx

Another lost minded soul.

Bottom line is ya'll can scream reverse racism, scared to put to HBCU's together or whatever.

Damm Niagra...................They either win or take there play in game arses home.

We play Florida.....................Don't like it................Choke on it.
Some of ya'll are just..................Nevermind. xlolx

Another lost minded soul? What the hell are you smoking?

Jackson State played in a HORRIBLE conference and had a low RPI. You deserved to play the other school that played in a HORRIBLE conference and had an even lower RPI.

If the HBCU's would make claims of racism or whatever, that is their own damn problem. Play some games of importance, win a few, and then you aren't in that situation.

ISUMatt
March 13th, 2007, 06:48 PM
12-2 Niagara to start!! Guess they were pissed!

Mr. C
March 13th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Neither of those teams should have even been in the field. But since they are, I agree that should have been the game — with both of them losing.

Mr. C
March 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
FAMU made a nice comeback after being down by 13 points, but Niagara has extended the lead to double figures with 12 minutes left, 53-43.

crunifan
March 13th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Way to go Niagra!

Mr. C
March 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM
The committee took a lot of criticism when they matched the SWAC and MEAC a couple of times, so this seems to be a reaction to that.

griz37
March 13th, 2007, 08:46 PM
The committee took a lot of criticism when they matched the SWAC and MEAC a couple of times, so this seems to be a reaction to that.

Since the current play-in format started in 2001 the SWAC & MEAC champions have not met in the play in game. I know there was 3 play in games in 1991, maybe that is when you are thinking of?

MaroonMafia
March 13th, 2007, 09:00 PM

I agree 100%!!! It should be the last 2 at large schools that play in this game. I don't think it's fair to punish the "smaller" schools by making them play in this game. Let them have the same experience of going to the first round like everyone else.

Mr. C
March 13th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Since the current play-in format started in 2001 the SWAC & MEAC champions have not met in the play in game. I know there was 3 play in games in 1991, maybe that is when you are thinking of?
Going strickly on memory, I thought there had been a game matching those two conferences (to be honest, the play-in games have been TOTALLY forgetable). There were NO play-in games in 1991. There were four in 1983 and five in 1984. The 64-team format was adopted in 1985 and went to 65 when the WAC and the Mountain West split, necessitating the need for another automatic bid.

Mr. C
March 13th, 2007, 09:33 PM
For those who hadn't heard, Niagara held off Florida A&M 77-69 behind six three pointers, 32 points (24 in the second half) and seven rebounds from Clif Brown. Darius Glover led the Rattlers with 15 points. FAMU finished 21-14. Niagara, by the way, is 23-11, but 21-5 with Charron Fisher in the lineup. Niagara has the LONGEST winning streak in the country with 12 in a row. The Purple Eagles play No. 1 seed Kansas, which has the second longest winning streak at 11 straight games.

griz37
March 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. C] There were NO play-in games in 1991. QUOTE]

In '91 NE Lousiana (Monroe) beat FAMU, Coastal Carolina & St. Francis, PA also won play-in games but I couldn't find against who.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/01ncaapreview1.html

Also Memphis has the longest winning streak in the country at 22 or 23.

Sorry I am really not trying to be a know it all a-hole!

Mr. C
March 13th, 2007, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. C] There were NO play-in games in 1991. QUOTE]

In '91 NE Lousiana (Monroe) beat FAMU, Coastal Carolina & St. Francis, PA also won play-in games but I couldn't find against who.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/01ncaapreview1.html

Also Memphis has the longest winning streak in the country at 22 or 23.

Sorry I am really not trying to be a know it all a-hole!

Mr. C
March 13th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I guess that's what I get for listening to ESPN announcers. They said Niagara was tied with Kansas for the longest winning streak on tonight's broadcast, with the win giving Niagara the top streak (maybe Memphis' streak doesn't count because C-USA was SO BAD this season).

The official NCAA record book in my hand right now (Page 205) lists NO play-in games in 1991. There were 64 teams in the 1991. Coastal Carolina is listed with an 0-1 record (lost 79-69 to Indiana), St. Francis is listed at 0-1 (lost 93-80 to Arizona) and Northeast Louisiana is listed at 0-1 (lost 102-73 to Duke). All three were No. 15 seeds. The NCAA shows NO record at all for FAMU in the 1991 tournament. Don't know where that website got that information, but according to the official NCAA record book, it is wrong.

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2007, 10:32 PM

http://kenpom.com/rpi.php

http://kenpom.com/confrank.php

Griz37, stop being racist! Don't supply facts that work against Jackson State fan! And don't provide quotes from the NCAA committee folks which speak of the favors they're doing...xnonono2x

kardplayer
March 14th, 2007, 07:59 AM
I guess that's what I get for listening to ESPN announcers. They said Niagara was tied with Kansas for the longest winning streak on tonight's broadcast, with the win giving Niagara the top streak (maybe Memphis' streak doesn't count because C-USA was SO BAD this season).

The official NCAA record book in my hand right now (Page 205) lists NO play-in games in 1991. There were 64 teams in the 1991. Coastal Carolina is listed with an 0-1 record (lost 79-69 to Indiana), St. Francis is listed at 0-1 (lost 93-80 to Arizona) and Northeast Louisiana is listed at 0-1 (lost 102-73 to Duke). All three were No. 15 seeds. The NCAA shows NO record at all for FAMU in the 1991 tournament. Don't know where that website got that information, but according to the official NCAA record book, it is wrong.

In 1991, there were play-in games, but they must not have been official parts of the tournament.

Fordham won the Patriot League then lost to St. Francis on the Tuesday before the tournament started.

This is an abstract, but you can get a sense of what I'm talking about here.
http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20612FC3F580C748CDDAA0894D9494D 81&n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fOrganizations %2fF%2fFordham%20University

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Griz37, stop being racist! Don't supply facts that work against Jackson State fan! And don't provide quotes from the NCAA committee folks which speak of the favors they're doing...xnonono2x

Love the sarcasm TT!!

Fact is, the SWAC and the MEAC are 2 of the worst conferences in the nation. Black or white, the 2 lowest RPI teams should be in the play in game and until the selection committee stops being scared of Jess Jackson, it will always be flawed.

That being said, I think the play in game is the dumbest idea ever. Everyone knows it doesn't really count and practically nobody watched this game. Hell, I was switching between several NIT games instead of that game. I watched about 30 seconds and after seeing 2 straight FAMU jumping passes thrown out of bounds like JV basketball, I decided to watch teams that are easily better than the two currently playing to decide who's the sacrificial lamb to Kansas

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Love the sarcasm TT!!

Fact is, the SWAC and the MEAC are 2 of the worst conferences in the nation. Black or white, the 2 lowest RPI teams should be in the play in game and until the selection committee stops being scared of Jess Jackson, it will always be flawed.

Man please.
I saw Niagra last night.

Jackson State ain't the BEAST of College basketball, but we would hurt them mofo's.
They were in the correct game.........................A PLAY IN GAME.

Oh yep..................Way to work that Jessie Jackson bullshat in.
Again....................The comment's here are funny as hell. xrolleyesx xlolx
Yet ya'll ACT LIKE ya'll really want us to give up shat to participate in a football PLAYOFF that ya'll really don't want us to be a part of anyway.
Ya'll wonder why we don't GAF on way or the other about that................WE KNOW YA'LL's attitude. xlolx

BTW: This is the first time I have ever seen or heard about Appy St Basketball.
We will see what ya'll got.
Ole Miss ain't the strongest team in the nation you know.
I'm sure ya'll will route them tonight. xlolx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 09:22 AM

Yep.....................Just stop the race baiting Racist's..................Both of you.xnodx
You call it sarcasim but you know that is your true feelings because that is all you type about then act like you meant no harm.xlolx

BTW: What's Texas State doing right now while you worried bout everybody else?xlolx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 09:24 AM
What did Jackson St. do during the season to prove they don't belong in the play-in game? I realize they have one of the best scorers in the country but thats not a reason for them to escape the idiocy that is the opening round game.

AHH yep...........................And Grizzle basketball is doing what now?xlolx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
12-2 Niagara to start!! Guess they were pissed!

Could not have been pissed too much.
FAMU walked they arses down and made them work for a win.

Yep................As some lunatic said here....................Niagra deserves a 10th seed. xlolx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Man please.
I saw Niagra last night.

Jackson State ain't the BEAST of College basketball, but we would hurt them mofo's.
They were in the correct game.........................A PLAY IN GAME.

Oh yep..................Way to work that Jessie Jackson bullshat in.
Again....................The comment's here are funny as hell. xrolleyesx xlolx

BTW: This is the first time I have ever seen or heard about Appy St Basketball.
We will see what ya'll got.
Ole Miss ain't the strongest team in the nation you know.
I'm sure ya'll will route them tonight. xlolx

I'd be willing to put alot of money on App State running that conference. Hell, 25 of the 32 teams in the NIT would run that conference. It's a flawed system and the only way the SWAC is getting in is the auto bid. That should tell you enough in itself. Check it out:http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/. Your "champion" receives 9 points and JSU 15, please!

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I'd be willing to put alot of money on App State running that conference. Hell, 25 of the 32 teams in the NIT would run that conference. It's a flawed system and the only way the SWAC is getting in is the auto bid. That should tell you enough in itself. Check it out:http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/. Your "champion" receives 9 points and JSU 15, please!

You think I GAF about that crap.............And Appy St running the conference?xlolx
MY MY we stuck on our Mountain selves today. xlolx
We in.............Ya'll ain't................Live with it.xlolx
None of you MESSAGE BOARD expert's gonna change that or our auto-bid.xlolx

The SWAC has had an AUTO bid since 1990.
Ya'll just realized there are other sport's besides football 3 year's ago.xlolx

You worry bout OLE Pi$$ tonight........................Our worry is Florida Friday night.xlolx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Our worry is Florida Friday night.xlolx

You mean your 40+ point embarrassment on national TV? Yeah, enjoy!!!

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 10:29 AM
You mean your 40+ point embarrassment on national TV? Yeah, enjoy!!!

And how many point's will that powerhouse OLE Pi$$ beat you by TONIGHT?
Losing by 40 to Ole Pi$$ is a hell of a lot mo embarrasing than losing to the National Champ's if that the case. xlolx
Just give it up and play your little NIT game and go home.

:D WE IN......................APPY ST. AIN't.:D

I know that's got to hurt. xlolx

B&G
March 14th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I know this... if I had either Jackson State or App State in those old Mountain Dew collect the caps game they'd both already be in the garbage.

ccujacket
March 14th, 2007, 10:37 AM

Coastal beat Jackson State 78-59 in a 1991 play-in game before losing to Indiana in the first round. I don't know why the NCAA doesn't list the games, but they did happen.

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 10:42 AM
And how many point's will that powerhouse OLE Pi$$ beat you by TONIGHT?
Losing by 40 to Ole Pi$$ is a hell of a lot mo embarrasing than losing to the National Champ's if that the case. xlolx
Just give it up and play your little NIT game and go home.

:D WE IN......................APPY ST. AIN't.:D

I know that's got to hurt. xlolx

We won't lose by 40. IMO, we won't lose at all, so no embarrassment for us.

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Coastal beat Jackson State 78-59 in a 1991 play-in game before losing to Indiana in the first round. I don't know why the NCAA doesn't list the games, but they did happen.

I know.....................That's why I laugh at the "expert's" on this board.
In fact.................JSU played in 2 play-in games in the '90's.

That's why I don't have any feeling for Niagra or anyone else talking bout they should not be in that game and the SWAC should.
TOUGH COOKIES. xlolx

Best year..................1993.
Southern beat Georgia Tech in the Ncaa's and JSU beat UCONN in the NIT on the same day. xthumbsupx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM
We won't lose by 40. IMO, we won't lose at all, so no embarrassment for us.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST PEOPLE.

Ole Pi$$ gonna beat the dog shat out of ya'll in Tadd Smith.xlolx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I know this... if I had either Jackson State or App State in those old Mountain Dew collect the caps game they'd both already be in the garbage.

No confidence in the little guy's..........................DAMM!! xlolx

Peems
March 14th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Go Jstate beat the damn gators!

griz37
March 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM
AHH yep...........................And Grizzle basketball is doing what now?xlolx

Way to side step the facts I presented as to why Jackson St. should be in the play-in game. xsmhx

Griz basketball had a mediocre season, if they had won the Big Sky they would have belonged in the play-in game. No doubt.

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Way to side step the facts I presented as to why Jackson St. should be in the play-in game. xsmhx

Griz basketball had a mediocre season, if they had won the Big Sky they would have belonged in the play-in game. No doubt.

Dude ........................... You still think you preaching.xlolx

IF a frog had wings, he would not bust his xazzx everytime he jumped.
You had a mediocre season and didn'twin anything so why are you busting your gums about a team that did.

Dude.................... You gonna give yourself a stroke.xlolx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Go Jstate beat the damn gators!

They sent 500 ticket's to JSU. xsmhx
They sold out in 10 minutes.:D

People burning up the phone lines trying to get ticket's.

griz37
March 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM
You had a mediocre season and didn'twin anything so why are you busting your gums about a team that did.

xbangx xbangx xbangx

Because I am a college basketball fan (not just the Griz) who thinks it's BS that Jackson St. wasn't in the play-in game where they belong, just because the selection committee wants to be sensitive to HBCUs.

Peems
March 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM
They sent 500 ticket's to JSU. xsmhx
They sold out in 10 minutes.:D

People burning up the phone lines trying to get ticket's.

Will you be there?

mcveyrl
March 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM

It might be because play-in games aren't considered tournament games. It's this reason that makes me agree with those on here that the play-in game should not be conference tourney champtions. They should be IN the tournament.

Mr. C
March 14th, 2007, 12:24 PM
The NCAA does not recognize those games in 1991 as NCAA Tournament games, whereas it does recognize the 1983-84 and 2001-2006 games as official NCAA Tournament games. I guess that those 1991 games were just games to get teams into the tournament. None of those conferences had automatic bids into the tournament.

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Will you be there?

NAW....................The Basketball GOD's didn't line up for me.xsmhx
I could not get off work on short notice.

If it was played on SATURDAY, I would be there.xthumbsupx
Ain't trying to leave Jackson at 5pm rush-hour headed to N.O to deal with that traffic.

Instead...................I'll be hosting a Tournament BBQ Friday.
Gonna shoot pool, watch the game, throw back a few, grill some steak, burgers, and deer sausage.

Hopefully my boy's won't have to throw shat at the tv. xlolx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:33 PM
xbangx xbangx xbangx

Because I am a college basketball fan (not just the Griz) who thinks it's BS that Jackson St. wasn't in the play-in game where they belong, just because the selection committee wants to be sensitive to HBCUs.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

We in because we black.
The ncaa gives blacks everything.

We really should not be allowed to participate because we a black school.
BLACK IS BAD.
Black Universities are destroying the tourney.

I have agreed with your "mind"set.............Now will you go away?xeyebrowx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

We in because we black.

BLACK IS BAD.

Actually, he didn't say any of that, you did

He said what he said, you wanna twist it.

Go...gate
March 14th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Go get 'em, Jackson State!!!

griz37
March 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

We in because we black.

BLACK IS BAD.

xsmhx Unbelievable!!! I throw out a couple of FACTS as to why JSU belonged in the play-in game & a quote from the chair of the committee as to why they aren't & apparently that means I am racist. Its really weird because I thought pretty much every team in America had black players. I must hate them all!

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Actually, he didn't say any of that, you did

He said what he said, you wanna twist it.

Don't even start with that mono tone "Meant no harm" shat.

I really don't see why you 2 think anyone here GAF about what ya'll think.
Again........................Please see previous post and go away.xeyebrowx

We get it................................BLACK JACKSON STATE GOT NCAA WELFARE. xlolx

griz37
March 14th, 2007, 12:44 PM
JACKSON STATE GOT NCAA WELFARE.

Finally something we agree on! xthumbsupx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:45 PM
xsmhx Unbelievable!!! I throw out a couple of FACTS as to why JSU belonged in the play-in game & a quote from the chair of the committee as to why they aren't & apparently that means I am racist. Its really weird because I thought pretty much every team in America had black players. I must hate them all!

NO.........................I can't believe your sitting at home arse is still posting about this.
But anywho.......................Thanks for finally being honest for once.xlolx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Finally something we agree on! xthumbsupx

Anything BLACK + NEGATIVE will get agreement out of you. xnodx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Anything BLACK + NEGATIVE will get agreement out of you. xnodx

Anything Black + Negative = Racism to you

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Anything Black + Negative = Racism to you

Yep Yep....................xlolx .
There are no WHITE RACE BAITERS HERE.xlolx

Now................Use that college ed-u-ma-cation to understand these words.

GO AWAY.

I know people..................Telling these nutt's to go away is useless.xsmhx
That's like telling a 5 year old locked in a candy and toy store not to touch anything.xlolx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Yep Yep....................xlolx .
There are no WHITE RACE BAITERS HERE.xlolx

Now................Use that college ed-u-ma-cation to understand these words.

GO AWAY.

I know people..................Telling these nutt's to go away is useless.xsmhx
That's like telling a 5 year old locked in a candy and toy store not to touch anything.xlolx

Look at what myself and griz have said, all facts my friend, nobody is baiting anybody

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Look at what myself and griz have said, all facts my friend, nobody is baiting anybody
SEE....................... I knew it.xlolx
These mofo's are so self centered they can't even understand what I DON't GAF about your opinion mean. .....................SAD. xsmhx

Instead of getting ready for OLE Pi$$, he worried about JSU Business.xlolx
Like a 5 year old in a candy store.

Guess the other child is gonna post now. xlolx
Ya'll have fun.

griz37
March 14th, 2007, 01:01 PM
You sure do make it easy to root for Florida, even if they do start a bunch of black guys. :p

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I DON't GAF

Instead of getting ready for OLE Pi$$, he worried about JSU Business

Then stop posting, pot meet kettle

actually, this isn't about JSU now, its about you calling people racists and twisting anything negative about black people, which wasn't even the issue in the first place, into racism

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 01:04 PM
You sure do make it easy to root for Florida, even if they do start a bunch of black guys. :p

And here's FRACK.................Frick already posted. xlolx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
I guess JSU needs you to root for us.

Man.................I could care less if you stripped buck naked, ran across the court at halftime with Flordia painted on your chest and a rubber GATOR stuffed up your arse hanging half way out.xnodx

You will never mean shat to anyone at JSU.xlolx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Then stop posting, pot meet kettle

actually, this isn't about JSU now, its about you calling people racists and twisting anything negative about black people, which wasn't even the issue in the first place, into racism

Ah................FOOL.
You mofo's started the playin crap.
I was here talking bout PLAYING FLORIDA in case your blind CRIT arse forgot. xlolx
And I will continue calling you and your race bating buddy what you are from now on.
You mofo's wanted it ....................You got it.
The only thing missing is CITDOG implying how proud he was about his family owning slaves. xlolx

5 years old..................xlolx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Ah................FOOL.
You mofo's started the playin crap.
I was here talking bout PLAYING FLORIDA in case your blind CRIT arse forgot. xlolx

5 years old..................xlolx

this rhetoric and you are telling me to use my "edumacation"????xeyebrowx

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 01:12 PM
this rhetoric and you are telling me to use my "edumacation"????xeyebrowx
TO UNDERSTAND GO AWAY!!

I see you didn't grasp the request.xlolx

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 01:14 PM
TO UNDERSTAND GO AWAY!!

I see you didn't grasp the request.xlolx

Exclamation marks aren't used for requestsxwhistlex

jstate83
March 14th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Exclamation marks aren't used for requestsxwhistlex
He's going into the land of insanity now. xlolx
He's gone to "PUNCTUATION" smack now.xlolx

Obsession knocked on your door a long time ago. xlolx

TheValleyRaider
March 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Was I the only one who heard Steve Lavin last night talk about the NCAA potentially adding 3 more play-in games, 1 for each 16-seed? I hope he was just talking out of his you-know-where, but that would be a terrible idea.

lizrdgizrd
March 14th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Why do we have automatic bids to the NCAA tournament?

dbackjon
March 14th, 2007, 03:44 PM

Becaue otherwise, about 10-15 leagues would never get anyone in. Including the SoCon in many years.

lizrdgizrd
March 14th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Becaue otherwise, about 10-15 leagues would never get anyone in. Including the SoCon in many years.
But would we get better games?

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 03:49 PM

sure we would, but the bitching and moaning would never end

TheValleyRaider
March 14th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Not necessarily. The Tournament is great for 2 reasons: 1) the shocking upsets you get in the 1st Round when No Name State beats the 3rd or 4th seed, usually in dramatic fashion, and 2) the cream rises to the top and the best programs are usually the ones left standing at the end. As good as George Mason's run was, people like seeing some of the more-established and higher ranked sides at the end, the teams we usually think of as the best.

BigApp
March 14th, 2007, 04:15 PM
and just like that, I now have 2 race-baiters on ignore...

HIU 93
March 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Love the sarcasm TT!!

That being said, I think the play in game is the dumbest idea ever. Everyone knows it doesn't really count and practically nobody watched this game. Hell, I was switching between several NIT games instead of that game. I watched about 30 seconds and after seeing 2 straight FAMU jumping passes thrown out of bounds like JV basketball, I decided to watch teams that are easily better than the two currently playing to decide who's the sacrificial lamb to Kansas

But you're not the racist, right?xwhistlex

I would be interested to see the quote where Bro. Rev. Jesse Jackson mentioned the NCAA Tournament Opening Round Game as discriminatory. I'll be patiently waiting.

HIU 93
March 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM

Really? Bro. Rev. Jesse Jackson and the NCAA Opening round tournament game? Facts?

Still waiting.

CollegeSportsInfo
March 14th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Agreed. Perhaps they could avoid all sensitive subject5s by simply inviting the top 65 teams in the country OR use the regular season to determine autobids and drop the conference tournaments.

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 04:57 PM
But you're not the racist, right?xwhistlex

I would be interested to see the quote where Bro. Rev. Jesse Jackson mentioned the NCAA Tournament Opening Round Game as discriminatory. I'll be patiently waiting.

oh, you mean like how the Rev always butts in where he doesn't belong just because a black person is involved? He's notorious for it, that was my only point

AppGuy04
March 14th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Really? Bro. Rev. Jesse Jackson and the NCAA Opening round tournament game? Facts?

Still waiting.

The fact that NCAA has catered to the HBCU's as to not upset them, yes, that is a fact. You better believe if there was an uproar about it, Jesse would be right in the middle of it, even you can't deny that

griz37
March 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM

Because w/o them we would never have Santa Clara over Arizona, Hampton over Iowa St. or Northwestern St. over Iowa. In turn the tournament would be very boring watching nothing but the 8 power conferences play each other. The auto bids are what make the 1st weekend of the tournament the most exciting thing in sports.

GeauxLions94
March 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM

... in the NIT xoopsx

kardplayer
March 14th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Lets talk about what are facts and what are fiction:

First, some facts from the mouth of the committee head as quoted by ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2796072):

1. The game, which was created once there became 31 automatic berths with the split of the WAC into the WAC and Mountain West (the committee didn't want to reduce the number of at-large berths from 34), is supposed to be for the two lowest rated teams in the RPI.

2. Four teams had lower RPI numbers than Niagara -- Central Connecticut State, Weber State, North Texas and Jackson State.

3. Walters said the committee is sensitive to putting in two historically black colleges in the game. Jackson State and Florida A&M, Niagara's opponent in the game Tuesday night in Dayton, come from the two historically black colleges in the SWAC and MEAC.

4. "one of the things that we looked at in seeding the last four lines, as we did with seeding the top four lines, was whether or not teams had not only won their regular-season conference but also whether or not they won the conference tournament"

So, based on that, here were the committee members criteria"

1. Start with the bottom 6 RPI teams
- Florida A&M
- Jackson State
- North Texas
- Weber State
- Central Connecticut State
- Niagara

2. Eliminate all teams that won both their conference tournament and the regular season: Weber and Central Conn, leaving:
- Florida A&M
- Jackson State
- North Texas
- Niagara

3. Take no more than one HBCU - that removes Jackson State
- Florida A&M
- North Texas
- Niagara

4. The two teams remaining with the lowest RPI square off.
- Florida A&M
- North Texas

The big question to me then, is why wasn't North Texas in the Play-In game?

jstate83
March 15th, 2007, 09:04 AM
IMO, we won't lose at all, so no embarrassment for us.

xcoffeex

B&G
March 15th, 2007, 09:20 AM
xcoffeex

You had to know that was coming. xlolx

mcveyrl
March 15th, 2007, 09:25 AM

Yea, been waiting all morning for a response.

jstate83
March 15th, 2007, 09:31 AM
NO ........................Good game.xthumbsupx
That comment was for 1 person here. :D

jstate83
March 15th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Yea, been waiting all morning for a response.

Ya'll knew I had too. xlolx

lizrdgizrd
March 15th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Ya'll knew I had too. xlolx
I think you were required by law. xnodx

AppGuy04
March 15th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Sure, I'll eat that crow. But I'm guessing our loss won't be as painful as the one Florida puts on them

jstate83
March 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Sure, I'll eat that crow. But I'm guessing our loss won't be as painful as the one Florida puts on them
Maybe.................Maybe not. xlolx
You the one that put yourself out there with that ROCK SOLID BROADWAY JOE prediction. xlolx

Heck.....................JSU is either gonna make HISTORY by being the 1st #16 to beat a #1 or we will go down fighting like the rest.xnodx

Ain't no shame ...........................THIS IS ALL GOOD FOR JSU.xthumbsupx

Peems
March 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Maybe.................Maybe not. xlolx
You the one that put yourself out there with that ROCK SOLID BROADWAY JOE prediction. xlolx

Heck.....................JSU is either gonna make HISTORY by being the 1st #16 to beat a #1 or we will go down fighting like the rest.xnodx

Ain't no shame ...........................THIS IS ALL GOOD FOR JSU.xthumbsupx

Here here. And I'll say it again. GO JSU BEAT THEM DAMN GATORS!!! xnodx

BigApp
March 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
... in the NIT xoopsx

I agree with that!