PDA

View Full Version : Preseason 2018 Youngstown State

Paladin1aa
July 23rd, 2018, 06:36 PM
With camp opening next week, it’s time to look at YSU. Most of the players this year are Bozo recruits, save for OG Wiggin, an early commitment under Wolford.Bozos classes for h.s. Recruits have been poor overall and only successful transfers/juncos have saved his bacon. This year starts on a downer as returning DE Reed, a Florida transfer who lead YSU n sacks last year is lost for the season with an Achilles injury. They expect big things from transfer former Oklahoma WR Farrah 6’4, 215 And Ohio St. TE Hawkins,6’3, 250. However that depends on the QB getting the ball to them. Graduate transfer QB Van Gorder from Norte Dame has not played much in years and made the field as a kick holder for the Irish. Add in Juco transfer WR Mallory,6’2 and Guins think they have some threats. Maybe. But the outlook is not glowing elsewhere. The returning QBs are not awe inspiring.They lack OTs while being otherwise solid at C and G. Unfortunately they lack depth across the OL. They are solid at RB with McCaster back. I look for a more dual threat attack with a running QB, limited deep passing featuring a shorter pass game instead. On D, there are question marks across the DL where the rapist should start or see serious play time. They are not deep at LB but have some abilities at DBs. Kick game appears to be set.

All in all, its good that they have 2 weenie home OOC games. Those easy wins give them a chance at a winning 6-5 record, but barely. This is a season where Bozos woeful recruiting becomes obvious and if they have injury where they have no depth, a losing season is possible. Crowds have fallen off, lack of interest is rampant and I can’t see this year as a turnaround. Keeping a eye open to see if there are any last minute transfers that might help. They need all the help they can get this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 23rd, 2018, 07:05 PM
How many FBS drop downs are on the team now?

Thumper 76
July 23rd, 2018, 08:00 PM
How many FBS drop downs are on the team now?
Sounds like just about all of them xlolx

Paladin1aa
July 23rd, 2018, 08:08 PM
There are 6 former FBS players ( Ohio St. Florida, Norte Dame, Oklahoma, Air Force, Virginia Tech). There are also a number of former FCS and Juco players. Word is there might be more.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 23rd, 2018, 08:12 PM
There are 6 former FBS players ( Ohio St. Florida, Norte Dame, Oklahoma, Air Force, Virginia Tech). There are also a number of former FCS and Juco players. Word is there might be more.

Is this the last year Bo gets paid from Nebraska or was that last year?

Paladin1aa
July 23rd, 2018, 08:22 PM
I think the money runs out early 2019.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 23rd, 2018, 08:37 PM
I think the money runs out early 2019.

Do you think Bo will be gone next year?

You would think some FBS team would come knocking.

Paladin1aa
July 23rd, 2018, 09:11 PM
I don’t see Bozo leaving for a head job anywhere. More likely back to pros as an assistant or college as a DC. Bozo has burnt a few bridges in Youngstown where he refuses some PR duties, TV programming and flayed relationships with YSU staff. To be blunt , behind the scenes, he is a foul mouth azzhole and difficult to work with. It is a reputation he has earned at numerous stops. With an average record at YSU, he is not attractive for the trouble and baggage he would bring to another school. Fair to say there are now people here who wish he had never been hired. Some players included, lol.

ytownchief22
July 24th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Offense should be fine. Not sure how it'll look with a new OC (Finally thank god). Defensive line worries me a bit, especially with Reed gone for the year. Need some of the younger fellas to step up and provide a pass rush from the outside. I say 7-4 and a playoff berth.

Paladin1aa
July 24th, 2018, 06:20 PM
I don’t know, Chief. Road games at WVU, WIU, SDS, NDS and ISUr look like losses. Home games with weenies Butler , Valparaiso and ISUb look like wins. Home games with SIU and USD might be toss ups. Then, home game with long time nemesis UNI who has had YSUs number for decades.

They were 6-5 last year and I don’t see them better this year. Major problems are OL, DL, QB and lack of depth overall. Minor problems are incoming no experience , some undersized players and how effective red zone O is. New OC. Talent level has dropped. If healthy ,maybe 6-5. Injuries and they have a losing season again, the second under Bozo.

And, as usual, I was correct again last year for the umpteenth time calling them 6-5 in the preseason.

ytownchief22
July 24th, 2018, 07:56 PM
I don’t know, Chief. Road games at WVU, WIU, SDS, NDS and ISUr look like losses. Home games with weenies Butler , Valparaiso and ISUb look like wins. Home games with SIU and USD might be toss ups. Then, home game with long time nemesis UNI who has had YSUs number for decades.

They were 6-5 last year and I don’t see them better this year. Major problems are OL, DL, QB and lack of depth overall. Minor problems are incoming no experience , some undersized players and how effective red zone O is. New OC. Talent level has dropped. If healthy ,maybe 6-5. Injuries and they have a losing season again, the second under Bozo.

And, as usual, I was correct again last year for the umpteenth time calling them 6-5 in the preseason.

OL a little bit of an issue, yes. VH and Wiggins inside should be solid. We'll see how the JUCOS come in and perform. I said no playoffs last year as well. This year I think the team is a little bit better but losing Reed is big in my eyes. Team had zero pass rush without him last year.

Paladin1aa
July 24th, 2018, 08:01 PM
One other issue this year — the community is not happy with the rapist situation. I don’t know how that plays out. Given Reeds injury, I can see him starting or playing a lot. I can see him making a play and get booed , loudly.

New promo guy this year is pulling out all the stops in promoting attendance. I think they realize they are in trouble. Real trouble. Old promo guy sucked for years. He should have been fired, along with the current AD , years ago.

Also, they supposedly will close off the East side stands while some construction is done, leaving YSU using only the home side of the stadium.

Paladin1aa
July 24th, 2018, 09:34 PM
I would agree VH and Wiggins are solid at C and G. Here’s my outlook for QB -

Starter will come from either Mays, who was a back up but played and ND transfer VanGorder who basically held for kicks and lacks game time experience. Either way, there isn’t a real star here. Both will probably be tailored for dual threat, have limited pass game and depend on YSU getting McCaster off to big rushing days. Craycraft rode the pine last year and is inexperienced. He will back up again. Incoming Frosh Cunningham probably gets redshirted. He has potential , but he was a true 170 lb. QB, not the 190 they listed. There are another 3 QBs and maybe more when camp opens, but none will have the talent for this level.

If they fail at QB, they are doomed putting the load on McCaster. Running game need a pass O to make him effective and runners as QBs are open to injury.

JacksFan40
July 24th, 2018, 09:58 PM
I don’t see Bozo leaving for a head job anywhere. More likely back to pros as an assistant or college as a DC. Bozo has burnt a few bridges in Youngstown where he refuses some PR duties, TV programming and flayed relationships with YSU staff. To be blunt , behind the scenes, he is a foul mouth azzhole and difficult to work with. It is a reputation he has earned at numerous stops. With an average record at YSU, he is not attractive for the trouble and baggage he would bring to another school. Fair to say there are now people here who wish he had never been hired. Some players included, lol.
Brother in law of mine down in Nebraska said the guy was a complete dick. Some little kids went to ask for a autograph and he told them to get away. It didn’t go over well.

Thumper 76
July 24th, 2018, 11:29 PM
Also, they supposedly will close off the East side stands while some construction is done, leaving YSU using only the home side of the stadium.
So that blocks off, what? 45 seats? xlolx

ytownchief22
July 25th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Richmond thing isn't an issue besides a few in the community who don't even go to the football games. He will play a decent amount.

I do know Bo is rubbing some people the wrong way. I believe he wants to stay because he is happy here at home with his kids at Mooney but who knows what'll happen.

They are indeed closing off the east stands because construction is starting on the new multimedia center.

I would say VanGorder gets the job at QB because they didn't bring him in here to be the backup and Mays doesn't have it as a passer as shown in years past.

Paladin1aa
July 25th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Probably correct on the QBs. Mays can run but lacks passing skills. The concern is that VanGorder hasn’t played for 4 years, ability level is suspect and new OC makes it a roll of the dice. I believe he was a walk on at Notre Dame. All in all doesn’t look good at this point. Who ever gets the job will be under added pressure with 2 new OTs, the skills of which are suspect in protecting him to pass. Additionally, both will probably be used in a dual threat O. Running QBs are more susceptible to injury. With pass sack dangers and getting hit running the ball, they may burn through QBs fast, losing a Frosh red shirt year or be into the bottom of the list with players who will never be ready for prime time. QB is one of the positions they have really sucked at in h.s. Recruiting.

ytownchief22
July 25th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Probably correct on the QBs. Mays can run but lacks passing skills. The concern is that VanGorder hasn’t played for 4 years, ability level is suspect and new OC makes it a roll of the dice. I believe he was a walk on at Notre Dame. All in all doesn’t look good at this point. Who ever gets the job will be under added pressure with 2 new OTs, the skills of which are suspect in protecting him to pass. Additionally, both will probably be used in a dual threat O. Running QBs are more susceptible to injury. With pass sack dangers and getting hit running the ball, they may burn through QBs fast, losing a Frosh red shirt year or be into the bottom of the list with players who will never be ready for prime time. QB is one of the positions they have really sucked at in h.s. Recruiting.

Cunningham needs to redshirt. I actually think Mitch Davidson from Salem could be a decent QB if he can sit for a year or 2. Craycraft I'm not so sold on.

Yeah, actually pretty concerned about the tackle play. We'll see what Yoboue can bring and I know they used Robinson at RT during spring ball. Gotta protect the QB. Something they haven't done in years past.

How much do you think the offense changes with Monty gone ? Let's hope we see more than the same 3-4 plays.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 25th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Questions at Tackle and QB's who can't keep a D honest = problems over the course of a MVFC schedule. Maybe Running a QB keeps teams honest for a while. Then like you alluded to they start getting slower and going down left and right and now teams are teeing off on freshman put out like sacrificial lambs.

Paladin1aa
July 25th, 2018, 02:10 PM
I would say the O changes according to Bozo’s preferred O - dual threat , option runnng QB. Bozo let Montgomery run his stuff as a pass oriented O, but they butted heads often. That’s one of the reasons Monty left. Bozo has always wanted an option QB, but his recruiting sucked. And they did little better with Monty bringing in strictly passers. Craycraft I called years ago when they recruited him - will not play at YSU. Strictly a D-III QB. Weak arm and accurate problems. Davidson is also in over his head. Will not play at YSU. Westminster, yes. The rest of the QB roster is a horror story.

Yoboue is a project. 6’8, 310 And he only played one year of Juco I believe. Raw. Not sold on Robinson either. I guessed they would move some guards over to compete. Maybe Sharp, the Air Force transfer or Zinni. I had hopes that Hauschild would work out. It’s the weakest spot on the team and there are a number of weak spots.

Then there is the DL which wasn’t strong to start with and then Reed goes down. When I coached , we always looked at the trenches — if you were weak on OL, DL or worse, both, it’s going to be a difficult year. And with no depth there, a losing season isn’t far away if you got injuries.

I also thought cancelling the Spring game was an attempt to keep under raps how bad and lacking in players they are. I know we had some injuries, but Spring is about competing for a starting job, or top sub for play time in the season. Fans also got bad vibes with no game. Another reason there is little interest this year.

CappinHard
July 25th, 2018, 02:44 PM
behind the scenes, he is a foul mouth azzhole and difficult to work with

https://media0.giphy.com/media/10uct1aSFT7QiY/giphy.gif

I'm so surprised... I thought being a foul mouth azzhole was just a front he put on to cover up his soft, sensitive side.

ytownchief22
July 25th, 2018, 11:19 PM
Our weenie OOC games should sure tell a lot...... not. AD is still a moron when it comes to scheduling.

Paladin1aa
July 26th, 2018, 08:44 AM
It’s an outgrowth of how he has catered to the fat cats up in the loges to the detriment to most fans in the stands. Those aholes in the loges use them for business wheeling and dealing, business tax write offs and entertaining clients. Meanwhile the fans in the stands see the drop off of the program and the attempt to bring in weak garbage teams to get the program a chance at a 6-5 winning record, leaving the team unprepared for the conference challenges. It’s a criminal shame. By far , only one of dozens of missteps that should have gotten the AD fired years ago. Peter principle at work and a political good old boy destroying a once national power. This one snafu is a leading cause of the drop off of attendance.

Hell, even the players know the fix is in for these games. How could they be expected to be challenged ?

Paladin1aa
July 27th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Looking at the DL, they have problems here. At DE, losing their leading sack artist to injury puts pressure on the rest. Louigene and Bynum probably start. Neither shows much threat for sacks and only average run stoppers. Behind them is Richmond and solid prospect Cook who redshirted last year. I expect all 4 to rotate in and out . Without an effective pass rush and being able to defend the run could make for a problematic frustrating year. Little help behind the 4.

At DT, it’s even worse. Smith started last year, while Bynum normally backed up but did play a lot. Neither is dominating and , again see potential problems with defending run and pass with them. And then it falls off a cliff with incoming Juco and Frosh players, none of which excites. Lack of experience and youthful players make this possibly an even bigger problem than DE.

Its safe to say that the trenches, both OL and DL, will determine the seasons outcome.

ytownchief22
July 27th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Looking at the DL, they have problems here. At DE, losing their leading sack artist to injury puts pressure on the rest. Louigene and Bynum probably start. Neither shows much threat for sacks and only average run stoppers. Behind them is Richmond and solid prospect Cook who redshirted last year. I expect all 4 to rotate in and out . Without an effective pass rush and being able to defend the run could make for a problematic frustrating year. Little help behind the 4.

At DT, it’s even worse. Smith started last year, while Bynum normally backed up but did play a lot. Neither is dominating and , again see potential problems with defending run and pass with them. And then it falls off a cliff with incoming Juco and Frosh players, none of which excites. Lack of experience and youthful players make this possibly an even bigger problem than DE.

Its safe to say that the trenches, both OL and DL, will determine the seasons outcome.

DE is a problem I agree. Louigene brings little to nothing. Richmond will play a lot. Cook and maybe Jackson rotate. DT not so much of a problem. Smith is a stud inside and Ragland is very serviceable. They will start. Thompson from Boardman played a lot last year and did well. He's a 300 pounder. They also have another Boardman kid who is pushing close to 300. McCraw, a JUCO transfer from last year who should be able to help as well.

ytownchief22
July 27th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Charles Reeves Jr from Pitt is transferring to YSU. Eligible Immediately. 6-5, 280 from Steubenville. Was a top 15 TE in the country coming out of high school. Had an Alabama offer. Played TE at Pitt but wonder if he'll be used at DE here. Good pickup.

Paladin1aa
July 27th, 2018, 08:57 PM
I’m not sure why I said Bynum at DT. Meant Ragland. I’m not sold on the collection of other DTs. If people run between the tackles with success, the question will be answered.

Ive said this before and I’ll say it again — biggest recruiting mistake is taking too many local players. Many are D-II players who pass on D-II half schollies, and area coaches put pressure on YSU to recruit them. YSU offers a half schollie, the kid continues to live at home and has basically a “full” schollie. It’s a curse on the program. You see the Florida kids beat these kids out year after year. And how many wasted schollie are spent on Mooney and Ursuline kids who add little to the program. But that part of the local politics ( in addition to the good old boy club in the athletic dept) that hurts the program.

Paladin1aa
July 27th, 2018, 09:00 PM
I wondered when we would hear about late transfers coming in. I had heard there may be several.

i remember Reeves. However Pitt has been weak , so I wonder what we are really getting.

ytownchief22
July 27th, 2018, 09:12 PM
I wondered when we would hear about late transfers coming in. I had heard there may be several.

i remember Reeves. However Pitt has been weak , so I wonder what we are really getting.

I've heard maybe 2 or 3 more coming as well.

Paladin1aa
July 27th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Checking up on Reeves he was red shirted last year but recently got tossed off by Narduzzi for discipline reasons. Offers from Alabam, Mich.,Nebraska and Penn St. among others. Pitt papers projected him as possible starter. Has 4 years of eligibility yet. Four star rating.

The Yo Show
July 27th, 2018, 09:28 PM
From cardiachill on Reeves dismissal, "Reeves was dismissed from Pitt on July 13 by head coach Pat Narduzzi, who cited disciplinary reasons and provided no additional details in the statement he issued on the matter. However, Alan Saunders of Pittsburgh Sports Now recently reported that Reeves was dismissed after the Pitt coaching staff was unable to contact him while he was on a trip home to Steubenville, Ohio."

ytownchief22
July 27th, 2018, 09:56 PM
From cardiachill on Reeves dismissal, "Reeves was dismissed from Pitt on July 13 by head coach Pat Narduzzi, who cited disciplinary reasons and provided no additional details in the statement he issued on the matter. However, Alan Saunders of Pittsburgh Sports Now recently reported that Reeves was dismissed after the Pitt coaching staff was unable to contact him while he was on a trip home to Steubenville, Ohio."

He knew he wanted to leave. Welcome aboard!

Paladin1aa
July 28th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Looking at the LBs, Dellovade will start. He’s won post season honors and great stats. But after him, it’s hard to name other starters. We should get contributions from Parks, Posey, Mitchell, Bryant and Newell. I’m high on incoming Frosh Hoak and expect hm to get play time. Most of the LBs are just average players which means some will start, others will play special teams. They will get tested if the DL don’t work out stopping the run. Also there are some size concerns. Look for Dellovade to excell again and the others will be rotating in and out without much fanfare. Serviceable but not great. Injuries could create some problems as well.

ytownchief22
July 28th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Looking at the LBs, Dellovade will start. He’s won post season honors and great stats. But after him, it’s hard to name other starters. We should get contributions from Parks, Posey, Mitchell, Bryant and Newell. I’m high on incoming Frosh Hoak and expect hm to get play time. Most of the LBs are just average players which means some will start, others will play special teams. They will get tested if the DL don’t work out stopping the run. Also there are some size concerns. Look for Dellovade to excell again and the others will be rotating in and out without much fanfare. Serviceable but not great. Injuries could create some problems as well.

Bryant was just cleared 2 weeks ago coming off his torn ACL so he should be ready to go for camp. Same goes for Newell. Both can contribute.

Paladin1aa
July 29th, 2018, 03:30 PM
YSU gets an early commitment from Youngstown East’s Chris Fitzgerald, a 5’11, 270 DT, one of the areas rare great prospects. Something suspect here as he is much better than FCS level. Tremendous speed, great strength and excellent technique. While he is committed, someone needs to babysit him. FBS will be after him.

Paladin1aa
July 30th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Looking at the WR/Slot, expect to see new faces as YSU lacks existing talent. I expect to see incoming Juco Mallory, 6’2 ,on the field. Also expect to seen incoming Juco and former Oklahoma WR Farrah,6’4 play. In addition , incoming Frosh Toney, 6’5 May see the field. Holdover Shackleford,6’4 May be improved enough to see playtime. After that, it’s a drop off.

At the Slot, look for returnees St. Surin and Braswell to fight for the starting job. Both should contribute. Additionally, incoming Florida Frosh recruit Payne, with 4.5 speed, shows outstanding potential. But. Again , there isn’t much after that.

Success here depends on a QB who can get them the ball. That remains to be seen.

ytownchief22
July 30th, 2018, 03:34 PM
Looking at the WR/Slot, expect to see new faces as YSU lacks existing talent. I expect to see incoming Juco Mallory, 6’2 ,on the field. Also expect to seen incoming Juco and former Oklahoma WR Farrah,6’4 play. In addition , incoming Frosh Toney, 6’5 May see the field. Holdover Shackleford,6’4 May be improved enough to see playtime. After that, it’s a drop off.

At the Slot, look for returnees St. Surin and Braswell to fight for the starting job. Both should contribute. Additionally, incoming Florida Frosh recruit Payne, with 4.5 speed, shows outstanding potential. But. Again , there isn’t much after that.

Success here depends on a QB who can get them the ball. That remains to be seen.

Farrar is going to be a big time player barring health. He was banged up in spring ball.

Paladin1aa
July 30th, 2018, 06:22 PM
YSU is picked to finish 4th in the coaches/media MVFC 2018 football poll. Results-

1. NDSU 390 pts. ( all first place votes)
2. SDS. 340
3. UNI 270
4. YSU. 258
5. ISUr 248
6. USD 206
7. WIU 163
8. SIU 139
9. MSU 90
10. ISUb 41

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 30th, 2018, 09:50 PM
YSU is picked to finish 4th in the coaches/media MVFC 2018 football poll. Results-

1. NDSU 390 pts. ( all first place votes)
2. SDS. 340
3. UNI 270
4. YSU. 258
5. ISUr 248
6. USD 206
7. WIU 163
8. SIU 139
9. MSU 90
10. ISUb 41

I predict they finish closer to 7th.....

1. NDSU
2. SDSU
3. ISUR
4. UNI
5. WIU
6. SIU
7. YSU
8. USD
9. MSU
10. ISUb

2 cents

Paladin1aa
July 30th, 2018, 10:03 PM
Certainly a lot of question marks this year. I’d say you are too low. 5th or 6th is the area I’d put them in.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 30th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Certainly a lot of question marks this year. I’d say you are too low. 5th or 6th is the area I’d put them in.

Yeah probably, just don't see a ton of separation in conference from 4-7. Lots of parity

Paladin1aa
July 31st, 2018, 10:31 AM
YSU is set at RB. Leading rusher McCaster returns with his top backups. Turner has proved to be excellent and probably has the best pass catching hands of the group. Alessi has also played as a backup. May also see Chapman as a redshirt Frosh. Incoming Frosh Rushton should be redshirted. YSU will depend on a solid run game this year and if they get help up front front from the OL, McCaster will run wild.

McCaster was a 1st team pick last year and has just been named to the MVFC Preseason 1st team recently.

Paladin1aa
July 31st, 2018, 01:30 PM
Kicking game - YSU is in excellent shape here. Up front, Wethli was just named to the MVFC Preseason team after being an honorable mention last year as the LS. The 4 year letterman is solid.

Kennedy returns as the placekicker. While he is fine on x-pt kicks, he has a short leg and chokes on long kicks. Enter incoming Frosh Gonya, who set the Ohio state record for made FGs with 44. He also has a long leg with 50 yard range. I suspect they will have senior Kennedy kick x-pts and maybe short FGs and have Gonya for 35+ FGs. Backing them up is Burdette.

Returning punter Schuler had a good year last year with a combo of great placement and good hang time. Burdette backs up here as well.

Paladin1aa
July 31st, 2018, 09:29 PM
TE - this was a weak spot after last season. Now, it’s made monster improvements. I project that the starters in the double TE set will be incoming Ohio St. transfer Hawkins and incoming Pitt transfer Reeves. In addition , they added Frosh Benio , a great looking prospect. Holdovers Durkin, Joiner and Burnett don’t add much. This position is a major upgrade.

Paladin1aa
August 1st, 2018, 09:18 AM
Interesting story in today’s paper. Concerning Bozo’s contract, it expires Feb. 28, 2019. That is the same area that the Nebraska money runs out. No attempt has been made at meeting to discuss a new contract. Both parties say they will meet after the season is over. However, reading between the lines, YSU wants to see this year’s results, Bozos continued behavior and evaluate Bozos “ other” duties. While everyone is talking nice, the program isn’t where people expect it to be. The saga continues.

centennial
August 1st, 2018, 10:00 AM
Interesting story in today’s paper. Concerning Bozo’s contract, it expires Feb. 28, 2019. That is the same area that the Nebraska money runs out. No attempt has been made at meeting to discuss a new contract. Both parties say they will meet after the season is over. However, reading between the lines, YSU wants to see this year’s results, Bozos continued behavior and evaluate Bozos “ other” duties. While everyone is talking nice, the program isn’t where people expect it to be. The saga continues.

One thing this will mean. He is going to try hard to be a 10 win team, so a G5 team can pick him up. Otherwise it'll be hard for him to get a new gig.

ST_Lawson
August 1st, 2018, 12:50 PM
One thing this will mean. He is going to try hard to be a 10 win team, so a G5 team can pick him up. Otherwise it'll be hard for him to get a new gig.

Maybe not a HC gig, but I could see if there's someone he's worked with in the past that maybe wants him as a DC or something. I don't really know what his coaching tree looks like, so idk if there's anyone who might be in that position.

Laker
August 1st, 2018, 12:55 PM

If he leaves, maybe Urban Meyer will apply.

Zach Barnett‏ @zach_barnett (https://twitter.com/zach_barnett) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/zach_barnett/status/1024713436364713986)More

As we wait for a statement out of Ohio State, here was Urban Meyer one week ago yesterday:“I got a text late last night that something happened in 2015. There was nothing. I don’t know who creates a story like that.

Paladin1aa
August 1st, 2018, 12:57 PM
Finally, a look at the secondary-

At safety, Hegedus returns at SS. I project incoming Juco Crenshaw to start at FS. They will be backed up by returners Taylor,McGuigan and incoming Madison. At CB, starter Gibson returns and I expect part timer starter Larkin to get the nod. Latham, Lee, Hall and Smalls backup. Smalls usually was the Nickel package. Most of these guys played backup, special teams and lettered, so experience is abundant. Some new incoming players may add to a position that appears to be solid.

Penguin Nation
August 1st, 2018, 05:19 PM
Richmond thing isn't an issue besides a few in the community who don't even go to the football games. He will play a decent amount.

I do know Bo is rubbing some people the wrong way. I believe he wants to stay because he is happy here at home with his kids at Mooney but who knows what'll happen.

Since I've been following Palladin's predictions, he's either been spot on or has over-estimated the Penguins. So if 6-5 is the prediction, that means another bust year for Bozo.

Interesting to read that recruiting a convicted gang rapist is only an issue for a few who don't go to games. Since hardly anyone goes to YSU games, its partially true. There were nearly 12k signatures on the Change.org petition started by a YSU student, and another Change.org petition started by another YSU student asking the NFL not to send scouts to YSU until the rapist is gone. Also, there were multiple letters to the editor admonishing YSU. Speaking for myself, I used to go to home and away games and be the loudest one in my section (TBH the bar wasn't very high). Now I don't even watch the games on ESPN3 or follow them in any significant way.
I guess the advantage of having so few fans is if you lose a quarter of them or so...its really not that many.

Bozo would have to accept a massive pay cut to stay at YSU, which I doubt he'll do. But the school that held onto Heacock and Slocum way too long, would keep the Rapist Recruiter as long as he was willing to stay.

One final thought....its almost a psychological experiment having a known sexual predator as a star player. Do the fans actually cheer for a rapist, does the media treat him like a normal person, will he get a bobble head like Moss and Rivers? These are questions every normal school doesn't have to think about.

ytownchief22
August 1st, 2018, 06:04 PM
Since I've been following Palladin's predictions, he's either been spot on or has over-estimated the Penguins. So if 6-5 is the prediction, that means another bust year for Bozo.

Interesting to read that recruiting a convicted gang rapist is only an issue for a few who don't go to games. Since hardly anyone goes to YSU games, its partially true. There were nearly 12k signatures on the Change.org petition started by a YSU student, and another Change.org petition started by another YSU student asking the NFL not to send scouts to YSU until the rapist is gone. Also, there were multiple letters to the editor admonishing YSU. Speaking for myself, I used to go to home and away games and be the loudest one in my section (TBH the bar wasn't very high). Now I don't even watch the games on ESPN3 or follow them in any significant way.
I guess the advantage of having so few fans is if you lose a quarter of them or so...its really not that many.

Bozo would have to accept a massive pay cut to stay at YSU, which I doubt he'll do. But the school that held onto Heacock and Slocum way too long, would keep the Rapist Recruiter as long as he was willing to stay.

One final thought....its almost a psychological experiment having a known sexual predator as a star player. Do the fans actually cheer for a rapist, does the media treat him like a normal person, will he get a bobble head like Moss and Rivers? These are questions every normal school doesn't have to think about.

If you don't follow or care about the team in any way, why are you on here posting ?

- - - Updated - - -

Finally, a look at the secondary-

At safety, Hegedus returns at SS. I project incoming Juco Crenshaw to start at FS. They will be backed up by returners Taylor,McGuigan and incoming Madison. At CB, starter Gibson returns and I expect part timer starter Larkin to get the nod. Latham, Lee, Hall and Smalls backup. Smalls usually was the Nickel package. Most of these guys played backup, special teams and lettered, so experience is abundant. Some new incoming players may add to a position that appears to be solid.

From what I've heard, It's gonna be Deshon Taylor to start out at FS with Hegedus. Smalls and Gibson on the outside. Nickel is up for grabs.

Paladin1aa
August 1st, 2018, 07:48 PM
Should be interesting. I projected Juco Crenshaw from his game films. However Taylor is possible. They have two weenie games early where they can experiment and look at different players. WVU will be a test. That means the early lineups can fluctuate. Butler and Valpo won’t be serious games, and Bozos has rested lots of players looking at new guys or giving game experience to help build depth, which they are short for at several positions. Gibson started as a true Frosh last year and did a bang up job. Smalls was the nickel but I could see him start full time on the corner. If that’s the case, then Larkin should see time at the nickel. The other players I named I’d feel some confidence with. Secondary is one of our strong positions. Watch Crenshaw. I think he’ll be very good.

The Yo Show
August 1st, 2018, 10:40 PM
So if the line turns out to be good (an if), and we stay good on injuries, would you consider raising the projected win total? Because from your analysis it sounds like a good RB stable and a good set of WR and a good secondary and at least one good LB in dellovade. So if the defensive and offensive lines perform well, could have the majority of the team to compete.

Also maybe a different QB emerges as the starter than expected from camp... Bo seemed to indicate that it is a totally open camp and a young player could win starting job because I forget who he said had a good spring camp but I think it was the QB you are high on.

Paladin1aa
August 2nd, 2018, 11:33 AM
All right, Yo, here goes -

Im holding back till camp is known for late additions, subtractions, injuries, etc . I’ll hold at 6-5 but may change before season starts, up or down one game. Depth on both lines is key. Major. Injuries are a major and Reed fills that so far. Then there is QB. I’m high on only one and he is an incoming, underweight Frosh. Keep in mind as good as McCaster is, they need to throw. Mays has legs but pass game is not good. VanGorder is an unknown, but he was a walk on, rode the pine for 4 years and has no experience. YSU QB recruits are almost all suspect.But starting a Frosh QB ? Then, you have no established OT, one of which is a project. Both possible starters are Jucos and not highly rated. D has lost their best DE. New Juco WRs and new transfer TEs. It sets up a volatile situation. If they can show better depth overall, capable OTs, a good QB and incorporate incomng Jucos and transfers, I’d up it to 7-4. No change, 6-5. Injuries, bad QB and players in camp don’t look as good as I project them to be, drop it to 5-6.

Two weenie OOC games - wins
WVU - loss ........ these three no matter what happens.
Then losses to NDSU and SDSU while easily beating ISUb.
Probable win with SIU.
Tossups UNI,ISUr, WIU,USD but potentially all could be better than YSU. The UNI curse. Winning on the road is tough in this league, even for the best teams. A split here produces , 6-5. Presto !

My prediction could change up or down one game at the end of camp, but I’ll stick with 6-5 for now. YSU has a lot of work to do and must stay healthy.

ytownchief22
August 2nd, 2018, 09:25 PM
Saw a new face on the roster. Charles Baldwin, a 6-5 305 OT.

#1 OT coming out of JUCO. Signed with Alabama and was in competition for their RT job before being dismissed and ending up at Kansas but never played there either. Possibly an immediate starter here.

Paladin1aa
August 2nd, 2018, 09:54 PM
Baldwin has a troubled past. Went Juco 2 years, highly touted. Alabama signed in Feb of 2016 and in 3 months he is kicked off the team. Transfers to Kansas, redshirts and following year in line to start. Then he drops like a stone and off the depth list. Early in the season , he quits the team, in line to graduate this year. Now at YSU. Given how bad Kansas Football has been and the fact he never played, couldn’t make even the 3rd team, I would not look for anything special here. And only has one season to play. Bozo must be desperate at OT. Looks like Baldwin has been searching for a home. Would love to know how many schools turned him down. A pariah.

ytownchief22
August 2nd, 2018, 10:49 PM
Baldwin has a troubled past. Went Juco 2 years, highly touted. Alabama signed in Feb of 2016 and in 3 months he is kicked off the team. Transfers to Kansas, redshirts and following year in line to start. Then he drops like a stone and off the depth list. Early in the season , he quits the team, in line to graduate this year. Now at YSU. Given how bad Kansas Football has been and the fact he never played, couldn’t make even the 3rd team, I would not look for anything special here. And only has one season to play. Bozo must be desperate at OT. Looks like Baldwin has been searching for a home. Would love to know how many schools turned him down. A pariah.

I wouldn't wanna play for Kansas football either. Due to lack of quality OT's on this roster, I would assume he gets chance to start right away.

Paladin1aa
August 3rd, 2018, 08:03 AM
That would not surprise me, Chief. Given how bad YSU is at OT, nothing is out of the realm of possibilities. Already a discipline problem at Alabama, he was in line to start at Kansas after Spring ball, then fell like a stone and off the depth charts in the Fall and quit the team. That raises serious questions. Supposedly in line to graduate before coming here, it will be interesting to see what motives him here. He quit at Kansas rather than compete. Not a glowing resume.

Paladin1aa
August 3rd, 2018, 11:05 AM
After reviewing the Fall camp roster, here is how desperate they are at OT. Only 5 listed -

Soph Juco and only one year played at Juco
a true Frosh.
a RSF
Senior Transfer But has not played in 2 years since Juco play
a Junior non- letterman

just one of many examples of how poorly the recruiting has been

ytownchief22
August 4th, 2018, 12:22 AM
After reviewing the Fall camp roster, here is how desperate they are at OT. Only 5 listed -

Soph Juco and only one year played at Juco
a true Frosh.
a RSF
Senior Transfer But has not played in 2 years since Juco play
a Junior non- letterman

just one of many examples of how poorly the recruiting has been

On the OL I heard Yoboue at LT and Baldwin at RT so we'll see. VanGorder and Mays splitting reps so far with the 1's at QB.

Paladin1aa
August 4th, 2018, 09:00 AM
That sounds right. Yoboue is a project and hard to say what Baldwin really is. But for sure, there is nothing there after them and not sure they will be any good. Besides QB, this position determines a winning or losing season.

At QB, paper today declares Mays running the first team and Monty alternating, but then notes true Frosh Cunningham getting lots of reps too. As I mentioned before, Cunningham is the only QB there I’m high on, but bad situation to start a Frosh if you have no OT protection.

I also fell on the floor laughing as the reporter said they had better depth this year as they had more players out ( well over 100 this year, 109 vs 95 last year ). More walkons does not equal more depth, lol. Just more numbers. Depth means how far you can go down and still have good players. Think Ohio State,lol.

Still a long, long, long ways to go.

Paladin1aa
August 5th, 2018, 02:26 PM
A little birdie told me the coaching staff is scared and concerned and is now considering moving other OL to OT, even ones who have never played the position before. Desperation setting in. lol. Poor recruiting will do that to you.

Ill be watching the DL next as that is another area YSU is not strong in and having lost their best DE to season ending injury, limited depth and further injury that could create another crisis situation there.

Finally, before anyone gets too excited, looking at the schedule it would appear they will not lock starters in until game #4. The opener Butler will be a player experimental game after looking at presumed starters for a quarter or a half, they will take their best shot at WVU, then go back to experiment with Valpo. Game #4 is WIU who may be a toss up game for YSU. That’s when they have to be ready. Until then, the lineups will be in flux understanding no matter what you do, the first 3 games should be a sure 2-1 record heading to game #4.

Since the NCAA changed the rules for a redshirt year, I expect YSU to take full advantage where they have depth problems. Now you can play in 4 games and NOT lose a redshirt year, so true Frosh or any upperclassman who needs seasoning or experience can get playing time and still get a redshirt if they have not before with a limit of 4 games.

ytownchief22
August 5th, 2018, 10:24 PM
They moved Becker who was a guard to LT. He's competing with Yoboue. Baldwin and Robinson competing at RT. Lots of work left to be done.

Paladin1aa
August 6th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Becker wasn’t going to play much OG this year with starters and backups ahead of him. Hey, he’s a free agent at OT, lol.

It looks like the rapist has a good shot at starting DE. But both lines can not handle injuries. It all blows up if not healthy.

ytownchief22
August 7th, 2018, 09:39 AM
VanGorder took most of 1st team snaps yesterday. He can move pretty well. Think we're going to see more QB option in this offense.

Paladin1aa
August 7th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Not surprising. I said sometime back they would as that is Bozos favorite O. It also is the closest to the skill set of current QBs. Safe to say the former Monty pass O is gone. However, the QB is more exposed to injury. Now while most of the QBs can run, pass game may be lacking except for the Frosh Cunningham. And unless they solve the pass protection with the OTs, that’s highly risky as well.

The tinkering continues,lol.

ytownchief22
August 7th, 2018, 07:56 PM
From what I've seen and heard so far. Here are the O-Line combos:

Becker/Yoboue, Wiggins, Vitas, Sharp, Robinson/Baldwin

Hauschild Zinni Creek Wilson

Paladin1aa
August 8th, 2018, 04:28 PM
Wiggins and Vitas are solid and have won honors. Sharp, the Air Force transfer isn’t bad, so the inside looks good. Trouble is, there is no depth. The OT saga continues.

Practice has produced a lot of minor injuries. Guys are missing reps with injuries. QB should be a round robin till WVU, and game #4. WRs need a lot of work.

ytownchief22
August 12th, 2018, 12:32 AM
Injuries really starting to pile up. They've now lost a starting safety for the entire year and Hawkins, the Ohio State transfer is week to week with a leg injury. Durkin, the Virginia Tech transfer is also banged up but should be back in a week or so.

Paladin1aa
August 12th, 2018, 03:14 PM
If this continues, I’ll have to drop the season prediction. They are not looking good at all and losing starters but have few backups. Neither the O or D looks any good. They are struggling. Losing a starting DE and safety for the year is a major setback.

ytownchief22
August 14th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Mays is banged up so he hasn't and won't practice this week. VanGorder is the guy from here on out.

Paladin1aa
August 15th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Fell out of my chair laughing at the cheerleader site where they are just NOW catching on to the poor recruiting that has occured. Want to blame the OL coach ? HELLO ! I’ve been warning for several years that the recruiting has been poor as they ran out of Wolfs recruits. I believe the coach to blame is named Bozo. And the roster is littered with worthless FCS players at numerous positions, not just the OL. What a bunch of clowns over there.

When you live to plug holes with risky transfers and Jucos while striking out on h.s. Recruits, you set the program up with a lack of development to fail. Take off the rose colored glasses , you dumbazzes.

Injuries continue, depth is not being built and disaster looms. Thank goodness for 2 weenie games.

Paladin1aa
August 17th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Appears YSU will live or die by the run this year. Lots of RBs with talent. And they will use option QBs. However, appears competition has Mays in a walking boot, leaving VanGorder running first team till he gets injured. Then, next man up should be Cunningham, the true Frosh and best QB overall, in my opinion, who might give them a pass game. But OL just looks terrible, especially trying to pass block.

Keep in mind they are working against a less than stellar DL. Looking more and more like a long season coming up. Sub .500 season possible.

ytownchief22
August 17th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Starting safety Kyle Hegedus has torn his ACL and is done for the year...

ytownchief22
August 17th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Starters who are gone for the year or banged up badly:

Safety Kyle Hegedus
Safety Deshon Taylor
DE Justus Reed
QB Nate Mays
TE Chris Durkin
TE Kierre Hawkins

Paladin1aa
August 17th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Both safeties are starters as well as DE Reed. But QB Mays isn’t a starter and probably a true #3 behind the Frosh and VanGorder. TE Durkin isn’t a starter either. Hawkins might be in the double TE set. Reeves is the starter and Joiner a decent backup. Still, given how poor the OL is and their lack of depth and the DL better, but not by much, the injuries at this point are really weakening the team.

Butler game gives them a break.

ytownchief22
August 17th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Mays was going to be the starter but now that he's been sidelined, VanGorder is the man. Hawkins was the starter before he got injured so Reeves is the man now. Joiner is tiny for a TE. Durkin was needed for double sets.

Paladin1aa
August 17th, 2018, 07:32 PM
LOL ! Durkin was a local star recruited as a QB by Virginia Tech. He failed there, was moved to TE where he also failed. Transfers to YSU as a TE. Now he is just an overweight QB playing TE where his abilities are limited. He would have trouble blocking my grandma and won’t be a pass target,lol. Mays isn’t much of a QB and I never saw him as the standout starter. Neither is VanGorder.

The 2 weenie games will give them a break but WVU is going to destroy them. Then comes the MVFC. Bozo should just be a man and confess to screwing up the recruiting. No playoffs. Low attendance.

Paladin1aa
August 20th, 2018, 08:53 AM
As if there weren’t problems with the O, now it appears that YSU’s D is suspect. While I predicted a 6-5 year, I’m inching closer to revising that before the opener. I think they are in serious trouble. It’s not just the poor recruiting, it’s also the injuries and ,dare I say it, not sure the new coordinators are up for the job. From my vantage point, it sure looks like a train wreck coming.

Barring injury, Notre Dame transfer VanGorder starts at QB running the option, heavy reliance on a run game and limited passing behind a big but weak OL at the OTs.The D has limited pass rushing skills and appear vulnerable to a good run game while the secondary has been weakened by injury leaving a lot of pressure on the LBs to carry the team. Not very promising.

Still see wins vs Butler, Valpo and ISUb. After that, it’s murky.

Paladin1aa
August 20th, 2018, 09:16 AM
BTW, forgot to mention, Chief, Joiner is 6’4, 250. You are calling that “tiny” for a TE ? lol. The good news is he is a true TE with pass catching skills. Only played 2 years of h.s. Football, one at Dayton Chaminade and then Butler. Big scoring basketball player, mobile, good hands, speed. Far better abilities as a Frosh than Durkin.

6’4, 250 plays TE in the NFL.

ST_Lawson
August 20th, 2018, 01:02 PM
BTW, forgot to mention, Chief, Joiner is 6’4, 250. You are calling that “tiny” for a TE ? lol. The good news is he is a true TE with pass catching skills. Only played 2 years of h.s. Football, one at Dayton Chaminade and then Butler. Big scoring basketball player, mobile, good hands, speed. Far better abilities as a Frosh than Durkin.

6’4, 250 plays TE in the NFL.

WIU's average TE size is 6'5" 246.6 lbs. We have three TE's that are 6'6" (not just us though, I just checked NDSU's roster and they also have 3 6'6" TE's)

Paladin1aa
August 20th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Whoopee do. Bigger, heavier does not mean an NFL TE. Look up NFL size TEs yourself. Here’s a few.....

Charles Clay, 6’3, 255, Bill’s, 8th in NFL
Dwayne Allen, 6’3, 265, Patriots, 7 yrs. NFL
Steven Anderson, 6’2, 230, Texans, 3rd yr NFL
Mark Andrews, 6’4, 256, Ravens, Rookie 3rd round choice

The list is long. But congrats on your tall and fat TEs with stone hands.

BTW, as bad as YSU is, I rate it a toss up game with you and your tall/fat TEs.

ST_Lawson
August 20th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Whoopee do. Bigger, heavier does not mean an NFL TE. Look up NFL size TEs yourself. Here’s a few.....

Dude, I'm well aware of that. YOU and ytownchief22 are the ones that were making a big deal out of size. YOU said "6’4, 250 plays TE in the NFL."
I was pointing out that a 6'4" 250 lb TE means nothing...everybody has 6'4" 250 lb TE's. You gotta be fast, a good blocker, and have good hands...as well as a comparable size to be NFL-level.

ytownchief22
August 21st, 2018, 08:56 AM
Weights are always a little inflated. Joiner won't be a factor unless Durkin and Hawkins don't come back. Those 2 along with Reeves will get the playing time...

It's amazing to me some fans on the other site are predicting 8 wins and playoffs. I thought 6-7 and a playoff berth if really healthy, which is definitely not the case now... I'm going with 5 wins, 6 if they are lucky in a game and missing the playoffs. The injuries and lack of talent depth will hurt the team.

Paladin1aa
August 21st, 2018, 09:45 AM
Some of those folks on the cheerleader site are clueless and have been for years. Many don’t really know football or understand talent. They live in the glory of yesteryear. Dumber than a box of rocks.

Im still looking at MVFC teams. I first thought 6-5 too, but am leaning at 5 wins. I’ll finalize my prediction before first game. If more injuries pile up, 4 wins isn’t out of the question. Season ending injuries are the worst, but given that in season injuries can cost some players to miss 2-4 games makes it difficult to project when depth is poor from terrible recruiting and who they will play against each week. Butler, Valpo and ISUb are wins no matter what. WVU will blow them out. Losses to NDSU, SDSU and probably UNI. The rest toss ups, barring more injuries. I figure they will lose a QB or two to injury at some point. Lose Dellovade and you have no D at all. McCaster and a limited run game. It’s all problematic. Then there are the unknowns with new coordinators. Remember, it boils down to QB, OT and DL and now S. Then depth everywhere. IF HEALTHY.

Love to see them win, but its a train wreck about to unfold before everyone’s eyes. The only question is how bad.

8 wins ? lol,lol,lol

The Yo Show
August 21st, 2018, 03:50 PM
I'm hoping for 7. But would love 8 wins. We shall see. I am concerned with injuries and I haven't seen this team play at all.

Thumper 76
August 21st, 2018, 04:05 PM
Starters who are gone for the year or banged up badly:

Safety Kyle Hegedus
Safety Deshon Taylor
DE Justus Reed
QB Nate Mays
TE Chris Durkin
TE Kierre Hawkins

Ouch, that’s a passel of injuries before the first kickoff even happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin Nation
August 22nd, 2018, 07:36 AM
Ouch, that’s a passel of injuries before the first kickoff even happens.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its anything like 2016, Scumbag U will leave the WVU game with injuries to key players....and this year WVU is better (#20) and Scumbag U is much worse (no longer has Wolf's players).

FWIW, the cheerleader site couldn't be anymore hilarious.

Paladin1aa
August 22nd, 2018, 02:56 PM
I agree PN. Someone over there thinks I’m posting there under another name and said hello to me. Hilarious !

You may be right about WVU. They have lost QBs each of the last couple of years to injuries and now they are trying to run option QBs too in addition to a pass game. WVU is loaded for bear and may well really embarrass YSU.

BTW, the rapist is going to start some games and play a lot. Bozo likes him, lol.

ytownchief22
August 22nd, 2018, 07:29 PM
East side of Stambaugh is closed this year due to construction. FYI for anyone who sits over there...

Paladin1aa
August 23rd, 2018, 01:54 PM
Doing a review of the MVFC teams before I lay down a final prediction for YSU. Easy part of schedule is already done. Wins over Butler and Valpo and big loss at WVU. Easy win with ISUb. That gets them off to 3-1. Road losses at NDSU and SDSU. Now they are back to 3-3. Win at home with SIU. Now at 4-3. Looking now at home games with USD and UNI. Then away games with WIU and ISUr.

Study underway.

Penguin Nation
August 23rd, 2018, 09:18 PM
Nothing but grandiose (and laughable) predictions are tolerated on the cheerleader site. What is striking is that there is unanimous support and adoration for a failed coach, a failed recruiter, and an embarrassment to the University on that site. That is some spiked Kool Aid. The cupboard will be bare (except for a gang rapist lol) when he leaves after a third failed season. The one and done starting QB is an FU to next season’s HC.

Paladin1aa
August 24th, 2018, 08:34 AM
YSU just picked up another transfer, Jakkar Jackson, DB from Central Mich. He’s a 5’10, 190 player who lettered as a FS and nickelback. Might help the woes YSU has at DB. Two star player who had offers from Toledo, Kent St. and Ball St as well. Has NFL dreams. Is a RSoph with 3 years yet to play.

Paladin1aa
August 25th, 2018, 11:27 AM
O.K. Left off at predictions up to 4-3 with home games vs USD and UNI. I’d look for a win against USD and one that might be close. But UNI ? This year I think UNI has better personnel and, no way to get around it, the UNI curse. In what could be another close one, YSU loses this one. That brings me up to 5-4 and looking at the road games yet at WIU and ISUr.

Paladin1aa
August 27th, 2018, 09:13 AM
So, to complete the pre-season prediction, I need to address road games at WIU and ISUr. With my picks now showing YSU at 5-4, here is what I see — the Guins make the trip to the middle of nowhere and the D carries them to a close win over WIU. However, since this is game #4, a loss virtually assures them of a losing record. The last game is a trip to ISUr who has a new transfer QB from Memphis St. that has unseated last years QB starter. YSU lost last year 35-0 in an ugly game. They will do no better this year. That leaves my final projection at 6-5 and no playoffs. I’m reminding everyone of my concerns, that this is dependent on staying healthy, as with no depth and weak starters at several positions, they could easily fall to a losing record fairly quickly.

While the MVFC remains a top conference in FCS, I don’t see the league this year as being that tough, top to bottom. A couple of good teams at the top and then a lot of mediocrity in the middle with several bad teams at the bottom. Playoff spots may not be as generous this year. YSU would be better off if Bozo left at the end of this season. His h.s. Recruiting is killing the program. But this will be reviewed at seasons end.

Paladin1aa
August 29th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Damn, just when I make my final prediction, YSU puts their DC on leave pending internal review. New staff, injuries and now this, he11 it’s a circus. lol Like I said, 6-5 May not make it. What a zoo.

Penguin Nation
August 30th, 2018, 07:50 AM
Damn, just when I make my final prediction, YSU puts their DC on leave pending internal review. New staff, injuries and now this, he11 it’s a circus. lol Like I said, 6-5 May not make it. What a zoo.

They really are embracing the "Scumbag U" moniker. It's time to take it to the next level and make it the official logo. Just own it.