PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina Pro Day

CharlestonAppFan
March 9th, 2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

COASTAL CAROLINA: MARCH 8

After completing its fourth season of football, Coastal Carolina conducted its first Pro Day. It was held outdoors in 50-degree weather. The players ran on rough grass. Giants quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer, Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers and Lions assistant Adam Gase were among the NFL personnel present.

Player Position Gil's comments
Tyler Thigpen QB Thigpen (6-1 7/8, 223) was a first-team All-American in NCAA Division I-AA last season. He ran the 40 in 4.86 seconds against the wind and 4.73 with the wind. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.44 and the three-cone drill in 7.11. In addition, he had a 29-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-8½ broad jump. Apparently, he had a very impressive workout (big-league arm, good feet), during which he threw one ball 68 yards into the wind.

Quinton Teal DB Teal (6-1 3/8, 198) ran the 40 in 4.66 seconds against the wind and 4.61 with the wind. He slipped during the short shuttle (4.40) and the three-cone drill (7.12). He had a 34-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-4 broad jump and 12 bench presses. Teal, who had 17 interceptions in his career, performed defensive-back drills for the Philadelphia and Carolina contingents and was very impressive.

Where is your WR at? Forgot his name ............Lots of other FCS schools have worked out players also. Didn't mean to leave off any other FCS schools; check the site out.......

Peems
March 9th, 2007, 03:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

COASTAL CAROLINA: MARCH 8

After completing its fourth season of football, Coastal Carolina conducted its first Pro Day. It was held outdoors in 50-degree weather. The players ran on rough grass. Giants quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer, Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers and Lions assistant Adam Gase were among the NFL personnel present.

Player Position Gil's comments
Tyler Thigpen QB Thigpen (6-1 7/8, 223) was a first-team All-American in NCAA Division I-AA last season. He ran the 40 in 4.86 seconds against the wind and 4.73 with the wind. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.44 and the three-cone drill in 7.11. In addition, he had a 29-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-8½ broad jump. Apparently, he had a very impressive workout (big-league arm, good feet), during which he threw one ball 68 yards into the wind.

Quinton Teal DB Teal (6-1 3/8, 198) ran the 40 in 4.66 seconds against the wind and 4.61 with the wind. He slipped during the short shuttle (4.40) and the three-cone drill (7.12). He had a 34-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-4 broad jump and 12 bench presses. Teal, who had 17 interceptions in his career, performed defensive-back drills for the Philadelphia and Carolina contingents and was very impressive.

Where is your WR at? Forgot his name ............Lots of other FCS schools have worked out players also. Didn't mean to leave off any other FCS schools; check the site out.......

I believe Simpson, the WR, has another year.

CoastalFan2005
March 9th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I believe Simpson, the WR, has another year.

Correct.

bodoyle
March 9th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Yup, he's a JR.

appfan2008
March 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM
could thigpen get drafted?

MarkCCU
March 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
THhigpen might have a shot at being drafted

CCU97
March 9th, 2007, 05:58 PM
He could...right now he is listed on most boards as the 2nd FCS QB in the draft....depends on how many QBs are needed and if they want one who has an arm and legs....most likely a FA pick up but you never know...could be a late round surprise...

CCU97
March 9th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Although next year I think there is a huge chance of Simpson being drafted....you App St fans have seen that he can play...

bodoyle
March 9th, 2007, 06:33 PM
www.condraft.com has him as a late round draft or FA...Thig that is