PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gophers football in trouble

bonarae
June 10th, 2018, 07:35 AM
... wow, just about every B1G school seems to be in trouble in recent memory. Along with both Michigan schools (in trouble in recent memory for different reasons), Minnesota's not a pleasant program as of late...

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180608120437812564208&ref=hea&tm=&src=

Not sure if this is related to other Gophers football-related threads here.

Laker
June 10th, 2018, 07:54 AM
I'm going to start out with saying that if someone commits a sexual assault they should go to jail. I'll go on to say that at least some of these players have a good case. The police investigated this and found no reason to press charges. The equal opportunity office decided to go after these guys. They were suspended- one of them wasn't even there. They missed the bowl game. Their teammates threatened to boycott and of course were labelled insensitive sexists. Their coach supported his players, won the bowl game, and was fired because he doesn't fit the image of a big time football coach. I knew when this originally hit the media that it would be trouble for the school. They didn't want to look like they were soft on sexual assault. They had fired their AD- a dickhead named Norwood Teague- for sexual harassment- earlier. They hadn't vetted him very well because he had a history behind him. The word is that this woman was consenting to have sex. It didn't come an issue until some idiot put out pictures from his cell phone. After that she decided to bring it up.

The University of Minnesota could screw up a two car funeral. And yes, this will end up costing them $$$.