PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruiting Class thread

Mike296
June 8th, 2018, 10:52 AM
I was looking at Twitter and there’s talk about recruiting already and the one I saw is ISUr offering Baraboo(WI) TE Caden Blum a scholarship. I’ve seen the kid play he’s a solid player. Best player on a bad team.

Outsider1
June 8th, 2018, 11:17 AM
We already have roughly 31 offers out to 2019 recruits. We aren't waiting around to culminate some relationships and start building our depth from the ground up program as soon as possible. Productive factories aren't built overnight. My biggest worry is if we can keep our coach long enough to see these kids all the way through and then some...

PaladinNation
June 8th, 2018, 11:42 AM
By my informal count, Furman has out over 50 offers and counting.

Based on Furman's offers Furman has broadened the recruiting footprint from the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and Alabama. Many of the players offered are from Ohio, Virginia, Maryland and Kentucky. I believe this is due to assistant coaches having connections in these areas as well as Hendrix's connections built recruiting for Air Force.

PaladinFan
June 8th, 2018, 11:54 AM
By my informal count, Furman has out over 50 offers and counting.

Based on Furman's offers Furman has broadened the recruiting footprint from the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and Alabama. Many of the players offered are from Ohio, Virginia, Maryland and Kentucky. I believe this is due to assistant coaches having connections in these areas as well as Hendrix's connections built recruiting for Air Force.

I'm also interested to see what impact, if any, Conner Shaw has in recruiting, especially South Carolina.

Given the ages, it wouldn't shock me if some of Furman's recruiting targets grew up pretending to be Conner Shaw in the back yard.

ST_Lawson
June 8th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Uh....yeah, this has been going on for a while. I started tracking ours back in February when we had multiple offers out. We're up to just over 120 offers currently: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I74N1X4bah1GDHkrWz9RMvp6UI6Vdpue8UH695dweiE/edit?usp=sharing

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I74N1X4bah1GDHkrWz9RMvp6UI6Vdpue8UH695dweiE/edit?usp=sharing)If you look at some of the other DI offers some of the kids are getting, it's obvious we won't get many of them (and I highly doubt we're beating out any Big 10 offers), but they're kids that we're "planting the seeds" for. Like, in a year or two, maybe things don't work out for them at Michigan State or Missouri or something and they're looking to transfer down and get more starting time. They'll remember the FCS schools that recruited and offered them, and hopefully we'll have a leg up on some of their other options when it comes time to make those decisions.

Outsider1
June 8th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Completely agree with the seeds sentiment. You will always get a few from early offers and then later those who tried another route and it didn't work out for whatever reason. Competition is tough. It never hurts to begin cultivating early.

PaladinNation
June 10th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Not sure you can call it a trend, maybe it's just the new reality for FCS programs. Casting bigger and bigger nets during the recruiting process.
Furman's junior day this spring brought well over 200 recruits to the spring game. While photographing from the sidelines, I can no longer keep a notepad to capture the few players in attendance. I use the recorder on my phone to capture - names and schools.

A high school player from PA just announced an offer from Furman - the trend this season is that Furman is competing more frequently with CAA schools like Richmond, Nova, Elon, UNH, Townson. It will be interesting to see if Furman can get a few of these players to head south.

PaladinFan
June 10th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Not sure you can call it a trend, maybe it's just the new reality for FCS programs. Casting bigger and bigger nets during the recruiting process.
Furman's junior day this spring brought well over 200 recruits to the spring game. While photographing from the sidelines, I can no longer keep a notepad to capture the few players in attendance. I use the recorder on my phone to capture - names and schools.

A high school player from PA just announced an offer from Furman - the trend this season is that Furman is competing more frequently with CAA schools like Richmond, Nova, Elon, UNH, Townson. It will be interesting to see if Furman can get a few of these players to head south.

It has long been my opinion that most FCS recruits are largely going to be the same type of player. Sometimes you land a guy that slips through the cracks for whatever reason, but I think you'll find that most FCS recruiting classes are going to look similar.

Every now and then a Jayson Foster, Louis Ivory, Dakota Dozier, or Armanti Edwards is available to the FCS program. Beyond that, I think the difference in recruiting is mostly coaching. Bring the right guys into the program and then let your system and coaching take over.

WestCoastAggie
June 10th, 2018, 09:11 AM
A&T and Howard are trying to raise the profile of the MEAC recruiting-wise.

Howard got a verbal from a 3-star QB out of Pennsylvania.

underdawg
June 10th, 2018, 07:50 PM
SIU signs 6-8 250 pound Tight End (JUCO three star) Nigel Kilby and four star Michigan State DT Kyonta Stallworth (6-3 290)

Already got 6-4 three star DE Tyree Jackson from Bowling Green--we recruited this guy two years ago from Jones High Orlando

underdawg
June 10th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Sorry the above mentioned Saluki recruits are for 2018--will be eligible for this fall's season

ST_Lawson
June 10th, 2018, 08:31 PM
...we recruited this guy two years ago from Jones High Orlando

I read that too quickly...thought you were saying he went to Orlando Jones High...
http://wikipicky.com/uploads/celebrity/Orlando%20Jones.jpg

PaladinNation
July 1st, 2018, 10:38 PM
Bringing this thread back to the first page… recruits are starting to commit I know Wofford has a ton of early commits — I was kinda starting to wonder when Furman would get its first commit.

Within the last week, Furman got on the board with Evan Jumper a two-star OL from Myrtle Beach, has offers from Ga. State, MTSU, Army, GSU, Rutgers, Campbell, Tulane, UTSA, Marshall, Charleston So., GWU, Kent State, App State, Charlotte, WCU, the Citadel, Wofford, ODU, and Coastal.

Today two more — ILB Jordan Veneziale from Dallas, GA 3 star w/offers from Ga So, Ga St, App, MTSU and AFA and a ton of FCS schools and SS Jalen Miller of Byrnes HS, and great get from Wofford's backyard.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
July 2nd, 2018, 10:56 AM
JMU commits so far (FBS offers listed only)

Jalen Green, 3 Stars (24/7 Sports and Rivals): Offers from the University of Virginia and Army

AJ Woods, 3 Stars (24/7 Sports) & 2 Stars (Rivals): Offers from the University of Virginia, Navy, Air Force, Army, Buffalo, Kent State, Massachusetts, Temple.

CJ Jackson, 3 Stars (24/7 Sports) & 2 Stars (Rivals): Offers from Purdue, Navy, Air Force, Army, East Carolina, Marshall, Kent State, Old Dominion.

Jordan White, Two Stars (24/7 Sports & Rivals): Offers from Kentucky, Cincinnati, Army, Buffalo.

Dorian Davis, Two Stars (24/7 Sports & Rivals): Offers from Army, Kent State, Liberty

Tanner Morris, Unrated: Offers from Navy, Army, Charlotte.

SU DOG
July 2nd, 2018, 11:17 AM
A sometimes overlooked aspect of FCS recruiting is this: The school might offer a 3*** or even 4*** recruit a scholly knowing that he will not sign. However, if he has attended a camp at that school or possibly been on a visit, there is still a chance he might end up there. He might go to that FBS school, and for whatever reason become dissatisfied(not a good fit for a military school, lack of PT at a G5 or P5, etc.). He then recalls his recruitment by the FCS school and decides that he could better his situation by transferring there. I have seen this happen at Samford several times, and think it must be pretty common at lots of places.

PaladinFan
July 2nd, 2018, 11:28 AM
A sometimes overlooked aspect of FCS recruiting is this: The school might offer a 3*** or even 4*** recruit a scholly knowing that he will not sign. However, if he has attended a camp at that school or possibly been on a visit, there is still a chance he might end up there. He might go to that FBS school, and for whatever reason become dissatisfied(not a good fit for a military school, lack of PT at a G5 or P5, etc.). He then recalls his recruitment by the FCS school and decides that he could better his situation by transferring there. I have seen this happen at Samford several times, and think it must be pretty common at lots of places.

I think that is school specific, though.

As I have said before, there are a lot of downsides to going the transfer route on recruiting.

SU DOG
July 2nd, 2018, 11:37 AM
I think that is school specific, though.

As I have said before, there are a lot of downsides to going the transfer route on recruiting.

Probably more upsides with 3***and 4**** players that I referenced.

PaladinFan
July 2nd, 2018, 11:44 AM
Probably more upsides with 3***and 4**** players that I referenced.

That hasn't been my observation.

Most of those player "chose" another school over the FCS institution. I expect some kids may decide that they made the wrong school choice, but I presume most often that some of these kids just are not seeing the field at the FBS school. Sometimes that is because they are not very good football players. Being a 3 or 4 star athlete in high school is not the same as being a productive and quality player in D1 football.

There are always exceptions of course, but most often guys that rode the bench at FBS schools are going to ride the bench at the FCS schools too.

SU DOG
July 2nd, 2018, 12:23 PM
That hasn't been my observation.

Most of those player "chose" another school over the FCS institution. I expect some kids may decide that they made the wrong school choice, but I presume most often that some of these kids just are not seeing the field at the FBS school. Sometimes that is because they are not very good football players. Being a 3 or 4 star athlete in high school is not the same as being a productive and quality player in D1 football.

There are always exceptions of course, but most often guys that rode the bench at FBS schools are going to ride the bench at the FCS schools too.

We obviously have different observations then. Of course it doesn't hold true in every case(Michael Eubank QB comes to mind), however, in the last 5 years at Samford, we've had 3 such cases that were VERY productive while here and are now all in the NFL.

dewey
July 2nd, 2018, 03:42 PM
Per an article from the Bison Media Blog here are the verbally committed recruits to NDSU right now.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the-class-of-2019-grows-by-seven/

North Dakota State’s Class of 2019 saw a major boom over the last seven days, including the quarterback that the team was looking for. Here’s a brief recap of the players that have committed.
Dawson Weisenberger – 6’2, 225 pounds, tight end/defensive end, Fargo South – Considered by some the top prospect in the state of North Dakota, Weisenberger received an offer from the Bison back in April and didn’t hesitate on pulling the trigger. He’s good good hands and quickness and can be a factor on whichever side of the ball he ends up playing. My story from Weisenberger committed is here.
(http://www.wday.com/sports/football/4465572-souths-weisenberger-commits-ndsu-football)
Kaden ****z – 5’9, 155 pounds, athlete, Dickinson Trinity – Trinity has been a good school to NDSU in the D-1 days, just think of Kyle Steffes to the Kubas brothers currently on the roster. ****z is a blazer, he won the 100, 200 and the long jump at this year’s state track meet. ****z injured his MCL early in this past football season, the Titans had their season ended in the Class A semifinals by eventual state champion Hillsboro-Central Valley. ****z is an intriguing player, he’s got great speed and a player I’ll have my eyes on this upcoming season.

Javier Derritt – 6’1, 295 pounds, defensive tackle, Olathe, KS (St. Thomas Aquinas) – Derritt was a highly sought after player, he had an offer from Air Force to go along with several other Mo Valley schools. Derritt was selected an all-state first team defensive end in 5A football in Kansas. This is potential huge pickup for the Bison, his stature notwithstanding, Derritt’s potential on the defense could be devastating.

Will Mostaert – 6’4, 230 pounds, defensive line, Lakeville North, MN – The Mostaert brothers caused havoc for offensive linemen in 6A football in Minnesota this past year and NDSU grabbed Will in the middle of last week. Mostaert had offers from Air Force, along with UNI, Western Illinois and Dartmouth among others. He racked up 39 tackles and three sacks last year in ten games for the Panthers, he’s hails from the same school that produced Greg Menard. Mostaert is ranked 12th by one recruiting website in the state of Minnesota and his brother Eli is also one to watch.

Hunter Poncius – 6’8, 260 pounds, offensive line, Buffalo, MN – A large Minnesota lineman who plays hockey. This is a blueprint that has worked for NDSU in the past, Josh Howieson fits that bill right now. Poncius had offers from all the Dakota schools. He has an important job this coming fall, he’s blocking for Aidan Bouman, the quarterback at Buffalo, who recently just committed to Iowa State. Bouman is the son of former Viking QB Todd Bouman. Buffalo has a talented team, NDSU has already offered wide receiver Treyton Welch. Keep on eye on Poncius this season.

Nick Kubitz – 6’2, 190 pounds, linebacker, Dubuque, IA – Kubitz is a talented player from a state that NDSU has recruited well. Kubitz had offers from the other Dakota Valley schools, he said he was blown away on his visit to Fargo in late March. Kubitz had a great junior season, where he had over 57 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 picks and 2 forced fumbles.

Jaren Lewis – 6’1, 215 pounds, quarterback, Columbia, MO – NDSU’s quarterback for the Class of 2019 hails from Battle High School in Columbia and hasn’t been a starter all that long. Lewis is coming off his first year as the starter, who earned offers UNI, SDSU and Eastern Kentucky. Lewis threw for nearly two thousand yards and 21 touchdowns last fall, he ran for another five scores. Lewis converted from safety in 2016, he was at NDSU’s camp two weeks ago and earned an offer not long after. He’s a pro-style quarterback, who can move, which fits the NDSU prototype that they search for.

I have been really impressed by the really low attrition rate NDSU has had the last 3-4 years and the fact that nearly all of the kids in those classes have redshirted (except Seth Wilson from last year but he stepped in at RB and was a STUD down the stretch).

Dewey

Professor Chaos
July 2nd, 2018, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure if it's just the most recent ones or not but that's not the complete list Dewey. NDSU is actually up to 13 verbal commits now total.

Anthony Coleman, 5-10, 170, DB, Johnston, IA (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39307-2019-Verbal-Anthony-Coleman)
Javier Derrit, 6-3, 270, DT, Overland Park (St. Thomas Aquinas), KS (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39318-2019-Verbal-Javier-Derritt)
Luke Dwyer, 6-2, 200, LB, Lake Zurich, IL (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39289-2019-Verbal-Luke-Dwyer)
Terrell Hall, 5-11, 185, ATH, Winona, MN (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39306-2019-Verbal-Terrell-Hall)
Nicholas Kubitz, 6-2, 205, LB, Dubuque, IA (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39328-2019-Verbal-Nicholas-Kubitz)
Kaden ****z, 5-9, 155, ATH, Dickinson (Trinity), ND (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39314-2019-Verbal-Kaden-****z)
Jaren Lewis, 6-1, 210, QB, Columbia (Battle), MO (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39327-2019-Verbal-Jaren-Lewis)
Will Mostaert, 6-4, 230, DE, Lakeville (North), MN (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39320-2019-Verbal-Will-Mostaert)
Hunter Poncius, 6-7, 255, OL, Buffalo, MN (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39323-2019-Verbal-HUNTER-PONCIUS)
Luke Weerts, 6-2, 231, LB, Batavia, IL (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39285-2019-Verbal-Luke-Weerts)
Dawson Weisenberger, 6-4, 220, TE/DE, Fargo (South), ND (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39313-2019-Verbal-Dawson-Weisenberger)
Julian Wlodarczyk, 6-2, 190, S, Aurora (Metea Valley), IL (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39305-2019-Verbal-Julian-Wlodarczyk)
Travis Yohnke, 6-5, 230, TE, Parkers Prairie, MN (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39304-2019-Verbal-Travis-Yohnke)

Credit goes to tony on Bisonville for putting that together. Be warned that the links take you to Bisonville threads where we all give our super objective opinions about how awesome all these recruits are. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 2nd, 2018, 05:08 PM
Moved this over the "Ins & Outs" forum.

Mike296
July 2nd, 2018, 07:57 PM
Moved this over the "Ins & Outs" forum.

Thank you, when I posted this I honestly didn’t have a clue where it should be. Now I know.

UpstateBison
July 2nd, 2018, 08:06 PM
The annual my 3*** recruit is better than your 3*** recruit thread. Why I love the FCS, it is settled in Frisco every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaladinNation
July 3rd, 2018, 08:52 AM
I've always used the excuse stars don't matter at Furman… but I have to admit for a long while there, we had gaps in talent compared to some in the SoCon and the elite of FCS.

Wofford-Samford-Chatty all raised the talent bar in the SoCon — I'm sure most of our SoCon friends would say they never feared Furman's speed or physical presence. I'll even throw Mercer and WCU into the mix. Those five teams are very athletic.

It's one thing to say we need to get bigger, stronger, faster it's a whole other thing actually to make it happen. Stars or no stars Veneziale and Miller (a 3 star and a zero star) fit the motto… bigger, stronger, faster. What I love about these Furman pickups is they play against the toughest competition in their homes states at the highest classification.

Professor Chaos
July 3rd, 2018, 09:09 AM
I've always used the excuse stars don't matter at Furman… but I have to admit for a long while there, we had gaps in talent compared to some in the SoCon and the elite of FCS.

Wofford-Samford-Chatty all raised the talent bar in the SoCon — I'm sure most of our SoCon friends would say they never feared Furman's speed or physical presence. I'll even throw Mercer and WCU into the mix. Those five teams are very athletic.

It's one thing to say we need to get bigger, stronger, faster it's a whole other thing actually to make it happen. Stars or no stars Veneziale and Miller (a 3 star and a zero star) fit the motto… bigger, stronger, faster. What I love about these Furman pickups is they play against the toughest competition in their homes states at the highest classification.
At the FCS level a better indicator of the caliber of a recruit, IMO at least, is the number of offers he has and the schools they came from. It seems like all the recruiting services do to give a recruit a star rating is to see who he is offered by. Offered by Bama, Ohio St, and USC? Well 5 stars then. Offered by Auburn, Tennessee, and Oklahoma St? 4 stars. Offered by Rice, Cincinnati, and Tulsa? 3 stars. And so on...

When I see NDSU pick up a commit who's got multiple FBS offers along with offers from many of our regional rivals like SDSU, UNI, etc I get excited because that tells me that this kid was sought after by many different coaching staffs. I'll always take the consensus opinions of a group of coaching staffs at different schools that all scouted a guy and decided to offer him over what a recruiting service says when it comes to rating FCS caliber recruits.

PaladinNation
July 3rd, 2018, 12:32 PM
At the FCS level a better indicator of the caliber of a recruit, IMO at least, is the number of offers he has and the schools they came from. It seems like all the recruiting services do to give a recruit a star rating is to see who he is offered by. Offered by Bama, Ohio St, and USC? Well 5 stars then. Offered by Auburn, Tennessee, and Oklahoma St? 4 stars. Offered by Rice, Cincinnati, and Tulsa? 3 stars. And so on...

When I see NDSU pick up a commit who's got multiple FBS offers along with offers from many of our regional rivals like SDSU, UNI, etc I get excited because that tells me that this kid was sought after by many different coaching staffs. I'll always take the consensus opinions of a group of coaching staffs at different schools that all scouted a guy and decided to offer him over what a recruiting service says when it comes to rating FCS caliber recruits.

Totally agree… Furman commits Jumper and Veneziale I believe have 29 and 25 offers each. You're also spot on about stars related to who is offering. Jumper a 2 star - GaSt, GSU, MTSU, APP, Marsha, Tulane, Army, Rutgers, KentSt, Coastal, Charlotte. Veneziable a 3 star - AFA, Army, APP, ArkSt, Buffalo, Charlotte, FAI, GSU, GaSt, KentSt, Marsha, MTSU, Navy, Ohio, SoAla, Troy, WesternMI.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 3rd, 2018, 01:05 PM
Thank you, when I posted this I honestly didn’t have a clue where it should be. Now I know.

All good my man.xthumbsupx

This area is basically for tracking those that are not yet here and those that have left our FCS ranks to go to the Pros...their journey's in and out of FCS.

PaladinNation
July 5th, 2018, 06:53 AM
Furman continues to build an impressive list of defensive commits for 2019. Five total commits — four on defense.

Austin Jones - 5-11 190 S | Rabun County, GA - 11 offers (Army, AFA, JMU, Citadel, Elon, Kennesaw, Wofford, Mercer, TTU, WCU)
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5616371/59a4455dda51803454366b94

Bryce McCormick - 6-3 215 LB/TE | CPA Nashville, TN - 3 Star - 15 offers (AFA, Austin Peay, Richmond, Mercer, Chatty, Citadel, EKU, Georgetown, GaSt, Lehigh, IndSt, SIU, TTU, UTM)
http://www.hudl.com/v/27wPNC

You have to give Clay Hendrix and the Furman staff credit for quickly making Furman a hot ticket in FCS recruiting (especially in the southeast). I thought having over 200 juniors show up for junior day was an anomaly. Now I think its a trend. Furman went head to head against JMU on Veneziale and Jones, Furman went head to head against Wofford on Jumper, Miller, and Jones. In the end — Furman beat out Army and AFA on several of these commits.

I still think Furman needs some big gets with the offensive skill positions…

Mike296
July 6th, 2018, 10:20 AM
UNI just offered a Wisconsin kid that I know nothing about from Madison. Hmm....

PaladinNation
December 15th, 2018, 08:24 AM
It's about that time… the early signing period is right around the corner.

BEAR
December 18th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Early signing period is tomorrow!

Already seen SEC schools pick off players from us. xsmhx They'd rather walk on to an SEC then go FCS and likely play. xsmhx Oh well, they may end up transferring later.

FUBeAR
December 18th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Mercer Commits (16 ‘known’ to FUBeAR)...

for those who care about such things...

3 - 3 Stars
2 - 2 Stars
18 reported FBS offers for 12 of the 16 Commits

* Joel Girtman - DB, 5-11/182, Westlake HS, Atlanta, GA - 2 Star; offers from Wofford, APSU, ETSU, FAU, Morgan St., Tennessee St.

* Pedro Rodriguez - WR/TE, 6-2/225, Lake Mary HS, Lake Mary, FL - offers from FAMU, UTM

* John Thomas - OL, 6-3/300, Hillgrove HS, Powder Springs, GA - 3 Star; offers from AF, APSU, Colorado St., ECU, EKU, Elon, Illinois St., SEMO, SIU

* Dylan Fromm - QB, 6-0/200, Warner Robins HS, Warner Robins, GA - 3 Star; offers from UTC, Penn, South Alabama, SEMO; Yes, he’s the younger brother of UGa Starting QB, Jake Fromm; just named Atlanta TD Club HS POY in GA today.

* Justin Bray - WR/TE, 6-4/210, St. George’s Independent School, Collierville, TN - 2 Star; offers from GaSou, GaSt, Princeton

* Lance Wise - DB, 5-8/183, Hillgrove HS, Powder Springs, GA - offers from AF, Army, Columbia, Kent St.

* Kendall Bohler - DB, 5-11/170, Ocoee HS, Ocoee, FL - offers from FAMU, Jacksonville, Stetson

* Aidan Higgins - OL, 6-1/285, Mountain View HS, Lawrenceville, GA - numerous D2/NAIA offers; older brother was 4-year Starter at Center for Elon (2015-2018); oldest brother played OL at Tulane & TTU. FUBeAR knows his HS OL Coach very well & he could not recommend him highly enough. “Length” has kept others away. FUBeAR is glad the New England Patriots don’t agree with the “Length Myth” for interior OLmen.

* Luke Szabados - LB, 6-2/230, Moeller HS, Cincinnati, OH - offers from JMU, Eastern Mich., Duquesne, Holy Cross

* Richie Coffey - ATH, 5-10/170, Baldwin HS, Jacksonville, FL - offers from UMass, Alcorn St., Charleston Southern, FAMU, Idaho, New Hampshire, The Citadel

* Zach Hopkins - LB, 6-1/215, James Clemens HS, Madison, AL - offers from Jacksonville St., Alabama St., GaSt, EKU, Furman

* Fredrick Davis - RB, 5-10/192, Northside HS, Columbus, GA - offers from Army, Navy, Columbia, Dartmouth, Davidson, Jacksonville

* Colton Dingmore - OL, 6-4/255, Mary Persons HS, Forsyth, GA - offer from TTU

* Brandon Marshall - RB, 5-9/184, Raines HS, Jacksonville, FL - 3 Star; offers from NDSU, Charlotte, NC A&T, Charleston Southern

* Gavin Hughes - LB, 6-3/210, Coosa HS, Rome, GA - Very early Commit; offer from Liberty

* Zach Lassiter - QB/LS, 6-1/193, Bleckley County HS, Cochran, GA - Very early Commit as a Long Snapper; offer from GaSou

Reign of Terrier
December 18th, 2018, 03:09 PM
I love how the Bison have/had a verbal commitment from a guy whose name is oddly similar to a gendered bad word for a woman's genitalia and the website censors **** it out.

I want this kid to be an all American just so we keep seeing this for the next 4 plus years.

PaladinNation
December 19th, 2018, 06:42 AM
The fax machines are humming… Furman got it's first signed commit at 7 am. Hopefully, we (FCS Schools) can keep the last minute FBS poaching of players to a minimum. In Furman's case, a few received late offers from FBS schools.

I don't understand the mind-set - many of these players have been offered and courted by successful FCS schools for a year or more then a middle of the pack FCS school comes in and offers at the last minute and all of a sudden everything is up in the air. I do understand the lure of playing in the big leagues. But in many cases, the education aspect is like comparing apples to oranges.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2018, 09:12 AM
I love how the Bison have/had a verbal commitment from a guy whose name is oddly similar to a gendered bad word for a woman's genitalia and the website censors **** it out.

I want this kid to be an all American just so we keep seeing this for the next 4 plus years.LOL, that is pretty funny but it is not pronounced how you think it would be pronounced. That is actually a pretty common name around here, it is a German name I believe.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2018, 09:13 AM
https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1075406524955144192

NDSU picked up a QB transfer from Iowa State, WTF.

FUBeAR
December 19th, 2018, 09:56 AM
https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1075406524955144192

NDSU picked up a QB transfer from Iowa State, WTF.
Can he beat Drake?

POD Knows
December 19th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Can he beat Drake?Don't know, he didn't play that game. I think he was their starting QB for a while during the season and lost the job.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2018, 10:31 AM
NDSU announces a 25 man early signing day class: https://gobison.com/news/2018/12/19/bison-football-signing-day.aspx

The ones I'm most excited to watch develop are the LB Weerts, the DT Derritt, and the DEs Ryan and the Mostaert twins. Defense heavy class with 5 DL, 5 LBs, and 4 DBs.

The QB transfer from Iowa St kind of came out of nowhere but I like it a lot as that'll be a big question mark next year so this provides some insurance there. There's speculation that NDSU will still be looking for a high school QB in January as they lost a QB commit to K-State just recently.

lionsrking2
December 19th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Southeastern Louisiana is currently at 20 signed ... expecting a couple of more today and the rest in February.

BEAR
December 19th, 2018, 12:00 PM
So far I see UCA has these signees:

Community College transfers:
TJ Campbell- LB- Co-Lin C.C. Southaven Miss. 6'1" 210
Davis Harrison- DB- Jones C.C. - Meridian Miss. 6'0" 190
DJ Reed, NMCC- LB- Horn Lake, Miss. 6'2" 215

SEC transfers:
Jarrod Barnes- WR- University of Arkansas- 5'11' 183- consensus 3 star
Tobias Enlow- WR- University of Arkansas- 6'2" 207

High School:
Chandler Caughron- K- 6' 195 (played both soccer and football) 2 star
Donte Jones- DB- 5'11" 178- 3 star

PaladinNation
December 19th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Furman signs a small but impressive early class.
Two commits asked if they could wait till February to sign.
My guess is one is Cally Chizik a DB and Josh Slay a highly recruited over 28 offers and climbing linebacker.

Jack Barton, DL, 6-4, 225, Fr., Alpharetta, Ga. / Centennial H.S.
Jacob Johanning, OL, 6-3, 260, Fr., Simpsonville, S.C. / St. Joseph's Catholic School
Austin Jones, S, 5-11, 180, Fr., Tiger, Ga. / Rabun County H.S.
Devonte Jones, DL, 6-2, 307, Fr., Anderson, S.C. / T.L. Hanna H.S.
Evan Jumper, OL, 6-4, 240, Fr., Myrtle Beach, S.C. / Myrtle Beach H.S.
Bryce McCormick, LB/TE, 6-2, 218, Fr., Franklin, Tenn. / Christ Presbyterian Academy
Jalen Miller, LB, 5-11, 200, Fr., Duncan, S.C. / Byrnes H.S.
Dominic Roberto, RB, 5-11, 230, Fr., Fayetteville, N.C. / Pine Forest H.S.
Pearson Toomey, OL, 6-3, 250, Fr., Jacksonville Beach, Fla. / The Bolles School

Barton, Jumper, and McCormick combined had 60 offers. A Jones, D Jones, Miller and Toomey each had 9 offers or more.

lionsrking2
December 19th, 2018, 02:48 PM
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA signs 23 during early period

https://lionsports.net/news/2018/12/19/football-slu-inks-23-on-opening-day-of-early-signing-period.aspx

Southeastern Louisiana Football 2019 Signing Class
Darrian Achane – ATH – 5-9 – 178 – Jennings, La. – Jennings HS
Jaylin Armwood – DB – 6-2 – 184 – Baton Rouge, La. – Catholic HS
Lucien Babino – DB – 5-11 – 182 – Marrero, La. – John Ehret HS
Robert Buquoi – DB – 6-2 – 197 – Covington, La. – St. Paul's HS
Herman Christophe – LB – 5-11 – 223 – Plaquemine, La. – Plaquemine HS
Kendall Collins Jr. – RB – 5-7 – 183 – New Orleans, La. – De La Salle HS
Michael Corner Jr. – WR – 6-1 – 175 – New Orleans, La. – Edna Karr HS
Justin Douglas – DB – 5-10 – 165 – Atlanta, Ga. – Mount Vernon Presbyterian School
Hayden Hagler – TE – 6-3 – 220 – Sulphur, La. – Sulphur HS
Darrius Harry – LB – 6-2 – 218 – New Orleans, La. – East Jefferson HS
Michael Henderson – LB – 5-11 – 251 – Baton Rouge, La. – Madison Prep Academy
Alex Huszar – LB – 6-0 – 215 – Destrehan, La. – Destrehan HS
Ron Madison – LB – 6-3 – 230 – New Iberia, La. - Westgate HS
Gregory Mahtook – DB – 6-0 – 186 – Lafayette, La. – St. Thomas More HS
Carrington McClinton – DB – 5-9 – 188 – Lake Charles, La. – Washington Marion HS
Davion Nassri – LB – 5-11 – 208 – Victorville, Calif. – Denham Springs HS
J'Vonte Powers – DB – 5-9 – 160 – Plaquemine, La. – Plaquemine HS
Jaeden Ridgeway – DL – 6-2 – 254 – Pascagoula, Miss. – Pearl River CC/Pascagoula HS
Mason Schucker – QB – 6-4 – 207 – Searcy, Ark. – Hutchinson (Kan.) CC/Searcy HS
Dontrell Smith – CB – 5-10 – 168 – Destrehan, La. – Destrehan HS
Josh Smith – DL – 6-4 – 276 – New Orleans, La. – Pearl River CC/Landry-Walker HS
Eldridge Walker – DL – 6-2 – 251 – Marrero, La. – John Ehret HS
Brockhim Wicks – OL – 6-2 – 302 – Plaquemine, La. – Plaquemine HS

citdog
December 19th, 2018, 03:55 PM
2019 The Citadel Football Signing Class

Name
Pos.
Ht.
Wt.
Hometown
High School

Remus Bulmer
A-Back
5-7
Missouri City, Texas
Sam Houston State

Logan Billings
LB
6-0
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Boiling Springs

Logan Braucht
LB
6-0
Waycross, Georgia
Ware County

Andy Davis
DB
6-0
Canton, Georgia
Creekview

Tereis Drayton
DL
6-2
Charleston, South Carolina
James Island

Nick Grier
DL
6-3
Snellville, Georgia
South Gwinnett

Robert Harbor
DL
6-0
Richmond, Texas
Foster

Jake Kenison
DB
6-1
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Hillcrest

Jay Lagroon
LB
6-3
Anderson, South Carolina
TL. Hanna

Michael McDowell
LB
6-1
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Boiling Springs

Antareus Pressley
DB
6-0
Anderson, South Carolina
Belton-Honea Path

Nic Rogers
DL
6-1
Columbia, South Carolina
Blythewood

Stephon Stokes
OL
6-2
Greenville, South Carolina
Greenville

Hayden Williamson
LB
6-1
Okinawa, Japan
Kubasaki

BEAR
December 19th, 2018, 04:24 PM
UCA FOOTBALL ADDS SIX MID-YEAR BEARS
Pages:

Actions
#1 by Seminole Indian on 19 Dec 2018
CONWAY, Ark. _ The University of Central Arkansas Bears added six mid-year signees on Wednesday, according to head coach Nathan Brown.

The newest Bears include: wide receiver Jarrod Barnes from Cabot, Ark. (University of Arkansas); wide receiver Tobias Enlow from North Little Rock, Ark. (University of Arkansas); linebacker T.J. Campbell from Southhaven, Miss. (Copiah Lincoln Community College); defensive end/bandit D.J. Reed from Horn Lake, Miss. (Northwest Community College); safety/nickel Davis Harrison from Meridian, Miss. (Jones Community College), and safety/nickel Trenton Dunn from Little Rock, Ark. (Northeastern Oklahoma A&M).

Barnes is a 5-foot-11, 185-pounder from Cabot High School who as the 2016 Arkansas Preps Male Athlete of the Year.
• 2016 ESPN 4 Star Recruit
• 2016 247 & Rivals 3 Star Recruit
• 2016 247 #2 Prospect in Arkansas
• 2016 Scout.com #1 Prospect in Arkansas
• 2016 247 #20 Athlete in the country
• 3 Time 7A All-State
• 2016 Arkansas Preps Male Athlete of the Year
• Other Offers (Out of High School): Ole Miss, Auburn, Missouri, Memphis, Iowa State, Louisville, Tulsa, North Texas, Arkansas State

"Jarrod will be one of the most decorated transfers we have had here at UCA,' said Brown. "He brings unbelievable play making ability at the wide receiver position for us. Not only is he great with the ball in his hand but he also has breakaway speed to go score from anywhere. We had an immediate need at this spot and Jarrod is going to help bridge that gap as soon as he steps on campus is January.

"He is local kid that understands what we are about and who we are as a program. One great thing about Jarrod is he will have three years of eligibility left. I can also see him helping us in the return game as well.'

Enlow is a 6-2, 205-pounder who starred at North Little Rock High School.
• 2015 247 2 Star Recruit
• 2015 Rivals 3 Star Recruit
• 2015 247 #14 Prospect in Arkansas
• 2015 247 #147 Wide Receiver Prospect in the country
• Other Offers (Out of High School): UCA, Southeast Missouri, Missouri State, Tennessee Martin

"Tobias has always been a special kid to me,' said Brown. "I recruited him when he was coming out of North Little Rock High School in 2015. I got to know him and his family really well throughout the process. I always knew he could be a special player and now I look forward to seeing him do that on "The Stripes" here in Conway. He is a great route runner with good speed. He can catch the 50/50 balls that you expect big receivers to catch.

"Tobias adds immediate depth and competition to our wide receiver room just like Jarrod does. He was itching for an opportunity to showcase his skills, I'm just glad he chose us to play the last two years of his career.'

Campbell is a 6-1, 235-pound linebacker who played at Southaven High School.
• 2018 Stats: 48 Tackles, 5 TFL, 2 FF, 1 FR
• 2017 MACJC All-State Honorable Mention
• 247 Listed Prospect
• Other Offers: Jackson State, Tennessee Tech, Southeastern LA

"TJ held down the middle of Co-Lin's defense this year,' Brown said. "The Mississippi junior college league has some great offenses and TJ was a huge part at stopping those offenses and having one of the best defenses in the league. He is a physical kid who can really run side to side against spread offenses. I think his strength is in the box. He loves to play physical and is really good at it.

"He has a unique journey and story to get where he has gotten. I am excited for Bear fans to get to know TJ and his relentless pursuit of a dream. He is going to be a stable force for us in the middle for the next two years.'

Reed is a 6-3, 240-pounder defensive end from Horn Lake High School.
• 2017 Season Stats: 38 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 5 TFL, 1 FR
• 2018 Season Stats: 44 Tackles, 5 Sacks, 8 TFL, 2 FF, 1 FR
• 2018 All MACJC
• Biloxi Star Region Team
• Rivals 2 Star Recruit
• 247 Listed Prospect
• Other Offers: Southern Miss, South Alabama, Louisiana Monroe, Murray State, Eastern Kentucky, Southeast Missouri State, Austin Peay, Jacksonville State

"DJ is one of the most talented and explosive players we have been able to sign out of a junior college in my time here as a coach,' said Brown. "He is a versatile athlete that can play three or four positions. One thing DJ can do is rush the passer. He led Northwest in sacks this past year and ended his two-year career with 9 sacks in a very good league.

"We had to battle a lot of great programs to get him in the end. I think he will have a huge impact on our defense and help take us to another level on that side of the football. You will be hearing the name DJ Reed a lot over the next two years'

Harrison is a 6-1, 198-pounder who played at Lamar High School in Meridian, Miss.
• 2018 Season Stats: 38 Tackles, 8.5 TFL, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 TD
• MACJC All Academic Honor
• Rivals Listed Prospect
• Other Offers: Jackson State, Tennessee State, Delta State, West Alabama

"Davis is what you would call a ball player,' Brown said. "When we turned the film on to evaluate him we couldn't help but say we have to sign him. He was used all over the field for Coach Buckley at Jones. He would line up at corner, safety, linebacker, and defensive end. He also was their holder and wildcat QB.

"The way he plays reminds me of Seth Allison who was an All American outside linebacker here for us a few years back. I think Davis will be a great player over the next two years and a guy you can't keep off the football field.'

Dunn is a 6-2, 205-pound safety who played at Robinson High School in Little Rock.
• 247 Listed Prospect
• 2015 Hootens All Arkansas Team
• 2015 4A All-State Selection
• Robinson High School Leading Tackler

"Trenton unfortunately missed most of the 2018 season at NEO with a torn ACL,' Brown said. "We have known about Trent over the last couple years because of his prep career at Robinson High School in Little Rock. I think we are getting a steal and someone who can come in and contribute right away with his size and physical play at the position he plays.

"Trent's best years of football are ahead of him. I look forward to putting him in our defensive backfield and letting him go to work. He should be cleared to go through some spring drills coming off his knee injury. I would expect him to be full go leading into the 2019 season.'

Brown and his staff expect one more mid-year student-athlete to sign on Thursday, bringing their total of January enrollees to seven. All high school signees will be announced in conjunction with the February national signing period.

https://ucasports.com/news/2018/12/19/uca-football-adds-six-mid-year-bears.aspx
Pages:

Actions
Desktop View

Mobile View

Professor Chaos
February 6th, 2019, 03:35 PM
After it was all said and done today NDSU signed 13 more student-athletes for football bringing their 2019 recruiting class up to a whopping 38; 27 scholarship commits and 11 recruited walk-ons.

https://gobison.com/news/2019/2/6/bison-football-adds-13-on-national-signing-day.aspx

FUBeAR
February 6th, 2019, 04:39 PM
After it was all said and done today NDSU signed 13 more student-athletes for football bringing their 2019 recruiting class up to a whopping 38; 27 scholarship commits and 11 recruited walk-ons.

https://gobison.com/news/2019/2/6/bison-football-adds-13-on-national-signing-day.aspxwow...

Do the bison only have 58 returning Players on any scholarships?
Do they only have 57 returning Players, including non-schollie returning Players?
(I know that math doesn’t work well).

Curious because I believe Teams are limited to 85 scholarship Players (on 63 scholarship equivalents) & to having only 95 in camp before school starts.

Maybe some of those 11 were “Recruited Walk-ons,” but are not “Preferred Walk-ons” (invited to camp).

If their returning numbers are down in the 50’s, unless some of those signees are Early Enrolees, spring Practice could be interesting. I think Teams usually have 65-75 guys participate in Spring Ball.

You’re the Professor...lay some cipherin’ down on ol’ FUBeAR!

FUBeAR
February 6th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Though it’s a lot, I’ll emulate BEAR’s post about UCA’s December signing class...for Mercer

https://mercerbears.com/news/2019/2/6/football-mercer-adds-five-signees-to-muvment19-class.aspx

Mercer Adds Five Signees to #MUvment19 Class - Bears round out their 2019 signing class with 22 total signees

MACON, Ga. – The Mercer University football team announced the signing of five more future student-athletes on Wednesday, rounding out a 22-man group that will make up the #MUvment19 signing class.

The Bears' five additions include defensive lineman Richard Benton Jr. (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6975) (Atlanta, Ga.), kicker Devin Folser (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6973)(McDonough, Ga.), defensive lineman Chris Hill (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6976)(Statesboro, Ga.), wide receiver Yahsyn McKee (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6972)(Stockbridge, Ga.) and defensive lineman Solomon Zubairu (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6974) (Lawrenceville, Ga.).

The 22 #MUvment19 signees span five states – 15 from Georgia, four from Florida and one apiece from Alabama, Ohio and Tennessee. Included in the class are four defensive linemen, four defensive backs, three offensive linemen, three linebackers, two running backs, two tight end, one quarterback, one wide receiver, one long snapper and one kicker.

"I can't say enough about our coaching staff's efforts to land the impressive 22 young men that make up our #MUvment19 signing class," said head coach Bobby Lamb (https://mercerbears.com/coaches.aspx?rc=410). "A 22-man signing class is very large for the FCS level and we believe that we have the right mix of players offensively, defensively and on special teams. We filled in some gaps position-wise and we believe this class has what it takes to be something special in the upcoming years."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCh-zG_X0xo

Signing Class Breakdown

Position
Signees
State
Signees

DL
Georgia

DB
Florida

LB
Alabama

OL
Ohio

RB
Tennessee

TE

QB

WR

LS

K

Mercer Football 2019 Signing Class

Name
Pos.
Ht.
Wt.
Yr.
Hometown (Previous School)

Richard Benton Jr. (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6975)
DL
6-2
Fr.
Atlanta, Ga. (B.E.S.T. Academy)

Kendall Bohler (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6904)
DB
5-10
Fr.
Ocoee, Fla. (Ocoee HS)

Justin Bray (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6902)
TE
6-3
Fr.
Collierville, Tenn. (St. George's Independent)

Richie Coffey (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6908)
DB
5-10
Fr.
Jacksonville, Fla. (Baldwin HS)

Fred Davis (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6907)
RB
5-10
Fr.
Fortson, Ga. (Northside HS)

Colton Dingmore (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6909)
OL
6-3
Fr.
Forsyth, Ga. (Mary Persons HS)

Devin Folser (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6973)
K
6-2
Fr.
McDonough, Ga. (Ola HS)

Dylan Fromm (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6910)
QB
5-11
Fr.
Warner Robins, Ga. (Warner Robins HS)

Joel Girtman (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6897), Jr.
DB
5-9
Fr.
College Park, Ga. (Westlake HS)

Chris Hill (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6976)
DL
6-2
Fr.
Statesboro, Ga. (Statesboro HS)

Aidan Higgins (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6912)
OL
5-11
Fr.
Duluth, Ga. (Mountain View HS)

Zach Hopkins (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6899)
LB
6-0
Fr.
Madison, Ala. (James Clemens HS)

Gavin Hughes (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6913)
LB
6-2
Fr.
Rome, Ga. (Coosa HS)

Zach Lassiter (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6911)
LS
6-0
Fr.
Cochran, Ga. (Bleckley County HS)

Brandon Marshall (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6903)
RB
5-7
Fr.
Jacksonville, Fla. (Raines HS)

Yahsyn McKee (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6972)
WR
5-10
Fr.
Stockbridge, Ga. (Stockbridge HS)

Pedro Rodriguez (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6900)
TE
6-2
Fr.
Lake Mary, Fla. (Lake Mary HS)

Pat Rogers (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6905)
DL
6-0
Fr.
Screven, Ga. (Wayne County HS)

Luke Szabados (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6901)
LB
6-2
Fr.
Liberty Township, Ohio (Moeller HS)

John Thomas (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6898)
OL
6-3
Fr.
Marietta, Ga. (Hillgrove HS)

Lance Wise (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6906)
DB
5-8
Fr.
Marietta, Ga. (Hillgrove HS)

Solomon Zubairu (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6974)
DL
6-1
Fr.
Lawrenceville, Ga. (Archer HS)

*Italics – players who signed on Feb. 6, 2019

Richard Benton Jr. (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6975) (DL, 6-2, 243, Atlanta, Ga.)
High School

Four-year letterwinner at B.E.S.T. Academy in Atlanta, Ga.
Starred at outside linebacker under head coach Joshua Moore
Totaled 27 sacks (14 as a junior) in prep career (per MaxPreps)
Recorded 190 career tackles, including career-best 78 as a senior (per MaxPreps)
Four-time AA Region 6 All-State selection
Listed as SoCon's top recruit in 2019 signing class by HERO Sports FCS (https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-2019-football-southern-conference-socon-ajaj)
Received 30-plus scholarship offers, including 17 from FBS schools
Earned Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl award
Expected to finish in the top 10 of his graduating class
Also ran track & swam at B.E.S.T. Academy; was a two-time state qualifier in track

Devin Folser (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6973) (K, 6-2, 170, McDonough, Ga.)
High School

Two-year letterwinner at Ola High School in McDonough, Ga.
Was Mustangs' kicker under head coach Jared Zito
Owns Ola HS record for longest field goal (51 yards)
Named GHSA Region 4-AAAAA Specialist of the Year & earned First Team All-Region honors as a senior
Was also a standout soccer player for Ola HS, leading Mustangs in goals scored over three seasons
Member of Olympic Developmental Academy for soccer in 2016-17
Member of Ola HS' National Honor Society, Beta Club, Quill & Scroll NHS

Chris Hill (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6976) (DL, 6-2, 260, Statesboro, Ga.)
High School

Four-year letterwinner at Statesboro High School (Statesboro, Ga.)
Played linebacker, defensive end & tight end under head coach Jeff Kaiser
Two-time All-Region 2 AAAAA honoree
Earned Georgia Athletic Coaches Association (GACA) All-State honors
Member of school's DECA club & Special Olympics committee
Also played basketball & ran track at Statesboro HS

Yahsyn McKee (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6972) (WR, 5-10, 172, Stockbridge, Ga.)
High School

Two-year letterwinner at Stockbridge High School in Stockbridge, Ga.
Played multiple positions as an athlete under head coach Kevin Whitley
Helped Tigers go 12-2 overall & 6-1 in GHSA Region 4 AAAAA
Totaled 1,266 all-purpose yards & 11 TDs as a senior, including 298 rushing & 523 receiving yards (per MaxPreps)
Earned GHSA All-State honors as a senior
Honor roll student & early graduate
Also played basketball & ran track for the Tigers

Solomon Zubairu (https://mercerbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6974) (DL, 6-1, 240, Lawrenceville, Ga.)
High School

Four-year letterwinner at Archer High School in Lawrenceville, Ga.
Played defensive end & linebacker for the Tigers under head coach Andy Dyer
Was a team captain for the Tigers
Named to All-Region First Team & All-County Second Team as a senior
Totaled 46 tackles, including 16 tackles for loss & six sacks, as a senior (per MaxPreps)
Helped Archer HS reach GHSA AAAAAAA Final Four in 2018
Earned eight weekly Gwinnett County honors

clenz
February 6th, 2019, 05:01 PM
UNI signed 31

19 scholarship
12 walk on

1 verbal did not sign today but likely still ends up at uni if a few things with themselves out

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
February 6th, 2019, 05:38 PM
wow...

Do the bison only have 58 returning Players on any scholarships?
Do they only have 57 returning Players, including non-schollie returning Players?
(I know that math doesn’t work well).

Curious because I believe Teams are limited to 85 scholarship Players (on 63 scholarship equivalents) & to having only 95 in camp before school starts.

Maybe some of those 11 were “Recruited Walk-ons,” but are not “Preferred Walk-ons” (invited to camp).

If their returning numbers are down in the 50’s, unless some of those signees are Early Enrolees, spring Practice could be interesting. I think Teams usually have 65-75 guys participate in Spring Ball.

You’re the Professor...lay some cipherin’ down on ol’ FUBeAR!
Not quite sure how that works but the Bison had 114 players on the roster last year. 23 of those are outgoing seniors meaning they've got 91 returning players. No idea how many of those are on scholarship but you're right that it has to be 58 tops since they've got 27 incoming scholarship freshmen. Not sure how they're going to juggle adding 15 more bodies in fall camp. I'd assume there will be some defections amongst the underclassmen with the coaching change that we may not have heard about but I would guess they'll have to hold some kids out of fall camp until school starts to get under the limit (I was thinking it was over 100 but you may be right that it's only 95).

clenz
February 6th, 2019, 05:53 PM
With 31 signed, and a couple more additions coming later potentially, UNI is at 112 going into fall camp as of today.

I'm sure there are a few players that won't come back through/after the off season but not that many.

I'd guess the freshman walk-ons will be "prioritized" and some will be held out of camp until the day the roster can exceed 95 happens.

This stuff is almost never made public anyway, and happens almost yearly I'd guess at some places. Though UNI has 99 players on the roster that are returning or new scholarship guys. So even at that 4 guys would have to be held out for a couple weeks.

UNI's roster breakdown as of today
Roster breakdown by state as of today

70 - Iowa
12 - Minnesota
11 - Missouri
7 - Illinois
5 - Kansas.....but let's be real, they are all KC suburb kids
2 - Nebraska
1 - Florida
1 - Georgia
1 - Michigan
1 - Texas
1 - Wisconsin

7 from JUCOs
4 - Iowa Central CC
2 - Butler CC (KS)
1 - Iowa Western

2 FBS transfers
2 - Iowa

Signing class breakdown
23 - Iowa
3 - Minnesota
3 - MO
1 - Georgia
1 - Texas

4 JUCO

Professor Chaos
April 19th, 2019, 08:39 AM
KC Keeler's next stud transfer QB perhaps????

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26555835/ohio-state-qb-baldwin-enter-transfer-portal

Ohio State quarterback Matthew Baldwin plans to enter the transfer portal, coach Ryan Day said Thursday.

Day told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg he believes that Baldwin, who is from Austin, Texas, will look to play closer to home.

He's got 4 years of eligibility left but he's already burned his redshirt last year so seems like FCS might be his target....