9/22 at Hawaii
9/29 at North Greenville
10/6 Savannah State
10/13 Idle
10/20 Liberty
10/27 at Gardner Webb
11/3 at VMI
11/10 Presbyterian
11/17 Coastal CarolinaThats killer no week off before or after the trip to Hawaii and no 12th game

dbackjon
March 7th, 2007, 10:35 AM
9/1 at Citadel
9/8 at Wofford
9/15 Johnson C Smith
9/22 at Hawaii
9/29 at North Greenville
10/6 Savannah State
10/13 Idle
10/20 Liberty
10/27 at Gardner Webb
11/3 at VMI
11/10 Presbyterian
11/17 Coastal CarolinaThats killer no week off before or after the trip to Hawaii and no 12th game

I don't see a 7-0 start this year.
They do wrap the Hawaii trip with two D-II's.

Does Presby count as a D-I game this year?

andy7171
March 7th, 2007, 10:40 AM
No Edward Waters!!??!!

Coastal89
March 7th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I say they end with a 3-8 or 4-7 record.

Mr. C
March 7th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Who says that CSU won't add a 12th game later on? Even a game with Creampuff Tech would make a little money for the program. They also have an open week that is the same as one of App State's open weeks. I know ASU has been talking to CSU about a game, trying to convince the Bucs to play.

OL FU
March 7th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Even with some of the obviously weaker teams on the schedule, this is a nice step up for Charleston Southern and moves them in the right direction:nod: :hurray:

Ol Blue
March 7th, 2007, 12:04 PM
....and gives us a lot to chew on

CSUBUCDAD
March 7th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Remember Edward Waters was a last minute fill for a backout. With Wofford and Hawaii added, that is a huge step up for this fledgling program. They will be a lot better team after playing those two programs. Likely to get stomped, but it will show them the level of competition they need to reach to compete. Good show.

Ol Blue
March 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM
We've obviously made a commitment to get better (and raise a little cash in the process)

Ol Blue
March 7th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I say they end with a 3-8 or 4-7 record.

I'm thinking 6-5 (optimism abounds)

Libertine
March 7th, 2007, 01:16 PM
This is a much better schedule than CSU has put out there in prior years but I do have one question: what bet did Mills lose to have to travel to a D2? Is North Greenville really in a position to demand home-and-home's now?

BigApp
March 7th, 2007, 01:16 PM
AT North Greenville?

Sir William
March 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM
AT North Greenville?

NGU's stadium can hold more people than CSU's. Do the math.

Moreover, look for NGU to win this game walking away!

OL FU
March 7th, 2007, 01:35 PM
NGU's stadium can hold more people than CSU's. Do the math.

Moreover, look for NGU to win this game walking away!

The didn't win it last year. Now, I admit, it was in Charleston and CSU was not losing their qb and best receiver but I am not that sure North Greenville will win it at all. :twocents:

CSU BUCS
March 7th, 2007, 02:35 PM
This is a much better schedule than CSU has put out there in prior years but I do have one question: what bet did Mills lose to have to travel to a D2? Is North Greenville really in a position to demand home-and-home's now?

AT North Greenville?

Both schools have an agreement to play every year because both CSU and NGU are associated with the South Carolina Baptist convention. It is my understanding that future scheduling at CSU will consist of one 1-A game and one D-2 game consisting of N. Greenville every year with each team rotating home and home. It’s a courtesy between two universities with similar beliefs and values.

OL FU
March 7th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Both schools have an agreement to play every year because both CSU and NGU are associated with the South Carolina Baptist convention. It is my understanding that future scheduling at CSU will consist of one 1-A game and one D-2 game consisting of N. Greenville every year with each team rotating home and home. It’s a courtesy between two universities with similar beliefs and values.

:eyebrow: I went to a class at North Greenville one day. ( I can't remember why)

The students were shooting spit balls at each other:eyebrow:

CSU BUCS
March 7th, 2007, 02:42 PM
:eyebrow: I went to a class at North Greenville one day. ( I can't remember why)

North Greenville students are of a different variety.

Ol Blue
March 7th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Have game will travel........xcoffeex

Sir William
March 7th, 2007, 03:17 PM

This is very true.

Sir William
March 7th, 2007, 03:23 PM
The didn't win it last year. Now, I admit, it was in Charleston and CSU was not losing their qb and best receiver but I am not that sure North Greenville will win it at all. :twocents:

It took CSU well into the 4th quarter at home to beat NGU last year, by I believe 10 points; but 7 of those came toward the end. This year, CSU will be rebuilding, having lost Drafts, Price, and several others. NGU comes back fully loaded and full of confidence from a 10-2 season. Moreover, NGU has a history of giving the Bucs fits.

No intended disrespect to CSU...just the facts of this particular rivalry.

Sir William
March 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM

CSU BUCS, you are right about this. I know some NGU students who are top notch. But I have also scratched my head at the predominant slacker mindset of much of the student body at this college which likes to think of itself as a "class" academic institution.

Truth is, it takes nothing in the way of academic achievement to get into NGU...which is one reason they are having a hard time getting into the South Atlantic Conference (DII).

OL FU
March 7th, 2007, 03:32 PM
It took CSU well into the 4th quarter at home to beat NGU last year, by I believe 10 points; but 7 of those came toward the end. This year, CSU will be rebuilding, having lost Drafts, Price, and several others. NGU comes back fully loaded and full of confidence from a 10-2 season. Moreover, NGU has a history of giving the Bucs fits.

No intended disrespect to CSU...just the facts of this particular rivalry.

I admit, I only looked at the final score. :nod: :o

CSU BUCS
March 7th, 2007, 03:43 PM
To North Greenville CSU is there biggest rivalry, so they get up to play that game…………… Nobody at CSU thinks of N. Greenville as a rival…….. But it is what it is…………… I scratch my head when I hear N. Greenville folks talk about the “HUGE rivalry” with CSU. I have a cousin who will be a Senior O-lineman for N. Greenville this year…….. When he starts talking about the “rival game with CSU” I just don’t have the heart to tell him the feelings are not returned.

Sir William
March 7th, 2007, 03:51 PM
To North Greenville CSU is there biggest rivalry, so they get up to play that game…………… Nobody at CSU thinks of N. Greenville as a rival…….. But it is what it is…………… I scratch my head when I hear N. Greenville folks talk about the “HUGE rivalry” with CSU. I have a cousin who will be a Senior O-lineman for N. Greenville this year…….. When he starts talking about the “rival game with CSU” I just don’t have the heart to tell him the feelings are not returned.

Yes, this also is true, and I'm sure it's kinda humorous to the student body at CSU. Friend, there just isn't a whole lot going on in Tigerville, SC. It's sorta like the old Cates pickle commercial (adapted): "Here in Tigerville SC, the home of North Greenville University, we look at our game between us and our brethren down at Charleston Southern as the biggest, baddest football rivalry in the whole state of SC. Why? 'Cause we ain't got nothin' else to do."

CSU BUCS
March 7th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Yes, this also is true, and I'm sure it's kinda humorous to the student body at CSU. Friend, there just isn't a whole lot going on in Tigerville, SC. It's sorta like the old Cates pickle commercial (adapted): "Here in Tigerville SC, the home of North Greenville University, we look at our game between us and our brethren down at Charleston Southern as the biggest, baddest football rivalry in the whole state of SC. Why? 'Cause we ain't got nothin' else to do."
I had the Opportunity to tour the new Facilities at N. Greenville a couple of months ago. Very nice, top notch for D-2 I would imagine. The few coaches and athletic administration people that I had the opportunity to speak with talked about a desire to possibly move towards Div-I. Have you heard any of this?

CSUBUCDAD
March 7th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Man you should see the Hawaii scout.com board now. They are all like WTF? Charleston Southern. What, are they some Div III school or something. Kinda funny how they are claiming that they are so good no FCS teams would play them. :thumbsup:

Sir William
March 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I had the Opportunity to tour the new Facilities at N. Greenville a couple of months ago. Very nice, top notch for D-2 I would imagine. The few coaches and athletic administration people that I had the opportunity to speak with talked about a desire to possibly move towards Div-I. Have you heard any of this?

I don't really know. I think this is more wishful thinking (and possibly chest-pumping bravado) than anything else. Word on the street is that NGU and the SAC have talked about admittance into the SAC. From what I've heard, the SAC presidents are less than impressed with NGU's academic policies, and NGU's administration is less than impressed with the SAC schools' "spirituality". Whatever the situation there, NGU has been turned down admittance, and probably won't even be invited for a few years at best.

Truthfully, I think NGU could find continued football success as a DII school, even as an independent. But they would still have a lot of upgrading to do athletically beyond football to compete at the DI level across the board. And supposing they did go FCS and joined the Big South (for example)...they might play CSU tough once a year, but I doubt they could handle everyone else as well on a consistent basis. Nonetheless, stranger things have happened. And if NGU does move to FCS one day, then maybe someone will build another convenience store in Tigerville to handle the gameday traffic. xlolx

CSU BUCS
March 7th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Why Doesn't Furman Schedule NGU for there D-2 game? They're only like 10 min apart. One would think it would be a win win for both schools (if Furman is going to play a D-2 anyways)

Sir William
March 7th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Why Doesn't Furman Schedule NGU for there D-2 game? They're only like 10 min apart. One would think it would be a win win for both schools (if Furman is going to play a D-2 anyways)

That's a good question...to which I do not have an authoritative answer. It might happen one day; but for now, I think the Paladins would rather schedule a SAC or Gulf South team if we are going to play a DII school. Quite frankly, I wish we would schedule no DIIs..I'm still reeling from that last second loss to Newberry (50 yard field goal by the Indians) back in '85.

I'm sure Montana State can relate (as in Chadron State).

appfan2008
March 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I really hope ASU schedules CSU
We really could use another game against an fcs opponent...
I dont want a D2 like mars hill again... that was a joke

IaaScribe
March 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Does Presby count as a D-I game this year?

I asked Liberty's AD about this, and he said the game is basically a black hole. It's not a DII game. It's not a DI game. It's almost like non-competition. It counts as nothing. But the Big South has asked all of its members to play Presby this year to get the Blue Hose ready for Big South play the next year.

CSU BUCS
March 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I asked Liberty's AD about this, and he said the game is basically a black hole. It's not a DII game. It's not a DI game. It's almost like non-competition. It counts as nothing. But the Big South has asked all of its members to play Presby this year to get the Blue Hose ready for Big South play the next year.

So, It doesn't hurt you to play them............but it doesn't help either.

dbackjon
March 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Thanks. The same happens in Basketball and other sports - if the opponent is D-II, they count it as a D-I game. If the opponent is D-I, they count it as a D-II game xidiotx

CSUBUCDAD
March 8th, 2007, 07:11 AM
I really hope ASU schedules CSU
We really could use another game against an fcs opponent...
I dont want a D2 like mars hill again... that was a joke
That would be great for CSU. If we could get a deal for 4 years with ASU and Wofford and play a BCS team every year that would help the program drastically.

OL FU
March 8th, 2007, 07:20 AM
That's a good question...to which I do not have an authoritative answer. It might happen one day; but for now, I think the Paladins would rather schedule a SAC or Gulf South team if we are going to play a DII school. Quite frankly, I wish we would schedule no DIIs..I'm still reeling from that last second loss to Newberry (50 yard field goal by the Indians) back in '85.

I'm sure Montana State can relate (as in Chadron State).

:nod: :nod: :bawling:

And I think that was back in the NAIA days also (of course I don't know the difference:D ) but it was numbing none the less.

Libertine
March 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM
The last I had heard, the SAC passed NGU over for membership in favor of Brevard College, whose football program is still in its infancy. Gotta suck for NGU.

Libertine
March 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM
The Big South has asked all of its members to play Presby this year to get the Blue Hose ready for Big South play the next year.

It looks like Gardner-Webb is the only team that's not doing that. Unless, PC adds a 12th game, of course.

Sir William
March 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM
The last I had heard, the SAC passed NGU over for membership in favor of Brevard College, whose football program is still in its infancy. Gotta suck for NGU.

The SAC has invited and added Brevard, which will be a provisional member in 2007, and full member in 2008. Additionally, rumor has it that the SAC is now talking to Ferrum, a DIII school in Roanoke VA, about moving up to DII and joining. Would be great for Ferrum and great for the SAC, in that they would then be in the Roanoke market.

NGU is not even on their radar at this point.

Libertine
March 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
NGU is not even on their radar at this point.

But thinking about this again, how much of that has to do with the SAC scholarship limits? I think I heard somewhere that NGU would actually have to cut some schollies before the SAC would think about letting them in.

Sir William
March 8th, 2007, 12:34 PM
But thinking about this again, how much of that has to do with the SAC scholarship limits? I think I heard somewhere that NGU would actually have to cut some schollies before the SAC would think about letting them in.

That may be true. I have no idea.

CCU97
March 8th, 2007, 02:14 PM
ok...I just have to say...couldn't they have come up with a better name than SAC....I mean they are just asking for it in sports requiring balls....or for that matter ones that don't....

CSU BUCS
March 8th, 2007, 02:51 PM
ok...I just have to say...couldn't they have come up with a better name than SAC....I mean they are just asking for it in sports requiring balls....or for that matter ones that don't....

lol:hurray:

CitadelGrad
March 8th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Well, North Greenville isn't exactly the Harvard of the South. I don't think it's even the Montclair State of the South.

CSU BUCS
March 8th, 2007, 03:02 PM
How long has North Greenville been a four year College? 10 years? I know back when they were a Junior College they had a really good JC program.