PDA

View Full Version : Who has the worst visitors' locker room in FCS?

Go Green
May 22nd, 2018, 01:14 PM
I don't recall seeing discussion of the topic since I joined the Board. And its a good an offseason debate as any...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20918212/visiting-locker-rooms-college-football-nice-reason

WileECoyote06
May 22nd, 2018, 01:20 PM
We're up there somewhere. You have to exit the stadium and go to the athletic complex. xlolx

TheKingpin28
May 22nd, 2018, 01:40 PM
I cant remember but it is either WIU or ISUb that requires you to leave the vicintiy of the stadium and walk for days to get to the locker rooms.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ASU33
May 22nd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Nicholls State has to be #1

KPSUL
May 22nd, 2018, 01:47 PM
UNH had the worst in the CAA, probably the whole Northeast, and I don't think they touched a thing in there during a recent $25 million renovation. Everett Withers moved from JMU to Texas State to avoid playing at UNH. (Your welcome JMU fans)

FUBeAR
May 22nd, 2018, 01:53 PM
This is a fun one. Back in the day, The Citadel’s (now houses their grounds crew’s chemicals & only about 30 people at a time could fit in there) & Chatt’s (cold, drafty, 5’ high shower nozzles that barely dripped cold-only water & pretty much handi-wipes for towels) were hilariously awful. I guess Furman’s were actuall worse prior to ‘81...cuz we didn’t really have any (other than a little shed), but all visiting teams stayed in the hotel a short walk away & Players dressed & showered there.

But now, even though the facility, as a whole, is wonderful, Mercer’s may be the worst in the SoCon. The locker room, itself, isn’t so bad; even though it was ‘created’ from the old indoor baseball batting cages. It’s that there are NO SHOWERS. Players have to walk up to the basketball gym to shower & there are no locker rooms up there...and the walkway is a major ‘thoroughfare’ for fans to exit the stadium. So, nekkid Players with just towels wrapped around their waists, are sharing the sidewalk with (mostly) Mercer Fans. One group is always jubilant & the other is always pissed off. I don’t think there have been any incidents yet, but it is certainly less than ideal...although some of the coeds seem to like it.

The Players also hate Samford’s. It’s adjacent to the stadium, but it’s still about 1/2 mile from the field & uphill & up about 1,000 steps to get there...both ways. :)

Go Green
May 22nd, 2018, 01:55 PM
I don't think they touched a thing in there during a recent $25 million renovation.

According to the ESPN article I posted, the U. of Tennessee did the same thing. :)

Thumper 76
May 22nd, 2018, 01:56 PM
I cant remember but it is either WIU or ISUb that requires you to leave the vicintiy of the stadium and walk for days to get to the locker rooms.

SDSU used to have visitors in Frost Arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McNeese75
May 22nd, 2018, 02:07 PM

Have you seen Northwestern State's???

ASU33
May 22nd, 2018, 02:26 PM

Its worse that Nicholls?xeyebrowx

IBleedYellow
May 22nd, 2018, 02:30 PM
SDSU used to have visitors in Frost Arena.

Yep. Required big daddy Dyke to throw some money around for y'all.

FormerPokeCenter
May 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM

Northwestern State's is smaller and worse, if you can imagine that...

WestCoastAggie
May 22nd, 2018, 02:47 PM
Our visitor's accommodations are very good according to this article. They were built when the entire football complex were built.

kdinva
May 22nd, 2018, 02:51 PM
This is a fun one. Back in the day, The Citadel’s (now houses their grounds crew’s chemicals & only about 30 people at a time could fit in there) & Chatt’s (cold, drafty, 5’ high shower nozzles that barely dripped cold-only water & pretty much handi-wipes for towels) were hilariously awful. I guess Furman’s were actuall worse prior to ‘81...cuz we didn’t really have any (other than a little shed), but all visiting teams stayed in the hotel a short walk away & Players dressed & showered there.

But now, even though the facility, as a whole, is wonderful, Mercer’s may be the worst in the SoCon. The locker room, itself, isn’t so bad; even though it was ‘created’ from the old indoor baseball batting cages. It’s that there are NO SHOWERS. Players have to walk up to the basketball gym to shower & there are no locker rooms up there...and the walkway is a major ‘thoroughfare’ for fans to exit the stadium. So, nekkid Players with just towels wrapped around their waists, are sharing the sidewalk with (mostly) Mercer Fans. One group is always jubilant & the other is always pissed off. I don’t think there have been any incidents yet, but it is certainly less than ideal...although some of the coeds seem to like it.

The Players also hate Samford’s. It’s adjacent to the stadium, but it’s still about 1/2 mile from the field & uphill & up about 1,000 steps to get there...both ways. :)

30 years ago a VMI player told me that Citadel's room, that day, had THREE working showers for 60 players, etc...

And, Samford's new FB building at the South endzone, does not have visiting team facilities?

Sammy94
May 22nd, 2018, 03:19 PM
Northwestern State

Sycamore62
May 22nd, 2018, 04:14 PM

Its WIU. ISUb is 10yds from the field and its the old home locker room so its not bad. back in the 90s it was either ISUb or (SW)Missouri St.

FUBeAR
May 22nd, 2018, 04:44 PM
30 years ago a VMI player told me that Citadel's room, that day, had THREE working showers for 60 players, etc...

And, Samford's new FB building at the South endzone, does not have visiting team facilities?

Sounds about right for ElCid, but only about 30 at a time could even fit in that small room under the lead-paint-coated stands. You had to wait your turn outside right next to the gate where they marched the Corps of Cadets in & out; so that always led to some hilarious VERBAL ONLY (they ain’t that stupid) exchanges.

On Sammy, the South end is where the Bullpups dressed. In 2014, the visiting team went way up the hill, to the back of what I guess is their basketball arena. So kinda similar to Mercer’s situation, but I think there is enough space up there that they didn’t have to store their clothes elsewhere & do the semi-nekkid walk like they have to do in Macon. I was at the FU game there this past year and I think I remember them still using that facility...no, wait...maybe not, at halftime, they just went & hung out in the end zone, like a PeeWee game. Ain’t FCS great? So much more color than the ‘big boys.’

BTW - the Keydets’ visitors locker room was no great shakes back in the day either. There was enough room - it was a big empty room with lockers around the 4 walls, but the lockers were standard issue high school gym lockers, so not big enough to store anything. So, we just left all our stuff in big piles on the floor...which was great for the thief/thieves that broke in during the 2nd half of the FU ‘79 game (a heart-breaking 21-20 loss for the ‘Dins on a missed XP) and took every single one of our wallets, watches, etc. Pretty funny when their insurance adjuster came to interview us in GVL the next week. Guys that hadn’t seen $100 in cash their entire lives inexplicably were carrying $300 with them that day, along with their new Rolexes, and full length leather coats. If we’d made that XP, I bet VMI’s insurance carrier would have gotten off a lot lighter...maybe not.

Go Green
May 22nd, 2018, 04:49 PM
When Floren Varsity House was built, Dartmouth got a state-of-the-art locker room and gave its old locker room (where I dressed) to the visitors. So they are in good shape. In my day, the visitors had some pretty cramped spaces, but I don't recall it being that bad.

While I haven't seen all of them, I'd say that among the PL and Ivy, its Georgetown with the smallest visitors' locker room.

Thumper 76
May 22nd, 2018, 05:48 PM

I think you mean to say, “Thank you Mr Dykhouse.” xlolx

kdinva
May 22nd, 2018, 05:49 PM
Sounds about right for ElCid, ...........BTW - the Keydets’ visitors locker room was no great shakes back in the day either. There was enough room - it was a big empty room with lockers around the 4 walls, but the lockers were standard issue high school gym lockers, so not big enough to store anything. So, we just left all our stuff in big piles on the floor...which was great for the thief/thieves that broke in during the 2nd half of the FU ‘79 game (a heart-breaking 21-20 loss for the ‘Dins on a missed XP) and took every single one of our wallets, watches, etc. Pretty funny when their insurance adjuster came to interview us in GVL the next week. Guys that hadn’t seen $100 in cash their entire lives inexplicably were carrying $300 with them that day, along with their new Rolexes, and full length leather coats. If we’d made that XP, I bet VMI’s insurance carrier would have gotten off a lot lighter...maybe not.

I don't remember that........I hope the perps got caught and drummed out (If they were indeed cadets...).

Vis. locker room was re-vamped about 12 years ago....still not fancy, got about four of those 9" long poles per "locker" to hang stuff, but enough space for 60-62.....and 12 working shower heads....

FUBeAR
May 22nd, 2018, 06:03 PM
Yep - looked great when I was up there in ‘14. Visiting stands; not so much. Crumbling...but no lead paint...as far as I know.

Never said the perps were cadets. No idea who they were. Don’t recall hearing they were caught. Doubt they got too much of value. Despite FU’s rep as a richy-rich school, that DEFINITELY did not apply to the Football Players. Now, if the perps would have waited a few years, they would have come away with a sackful of SoCon Football Championship rings...made of that highly valuable & rare metal known as Lustrium (TM Jostens)

JSUSoutherner
May 22nd, 2018, 06:11 PM
Ours is usually pretty messy after UTC cries about their loss in it.

ST_Lawson
May 22nd, 2018, 06:57 PM
Its WIU. ISUb is 10yds from the field and its the old home locker room so its not bad. back in the 90s it was either ISUb or (SW)Missouri St.

Hell, our home locker rooms are nearly a quarter-mile from the field, I have no clue where our visitor's locker room is. Probably in the next county over or something.

cx500d
May 22nd, 2018, 07:15 PM
Hell, our home locker rooms are nearly a quarter-mile from the field, I have no clue where our visitor's locker room is. Probably in the next county over or something.

I didn’t know you had home games

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McNeese72
May 22nd, 2018, 09:13 PM

That is the first one I thought of. ;)

Doc

TheKingpin28
May 22nd, 2018, 09:27 PM
So I win? As in WIU has the worst locker room facilities.

Redbird 4th & short
May 22nd, 2018, 09:32 PM

sure they did .. for homecoming, I'm pretty sure they hosted an intrasquad scrimmage. xlolx

ST_Lawson
May 22nd, 2018, 09:39 PM
So I win? As in WIU has the worst locker room facilities.

I think....yes?...maybe? Our home locker rooms are actually pretty nice (http://www.artmetalproducts.com/western-illinois-university-football-lockers.php), they're just a bit of a hike away from the field.
I literally have no idea about our visiting locker rooms. They're probably over at Western Hall (which the home locker room building is attached to), but I don't really know.

Well, the students don't think we do, that's for sure.

clenz
May 22nd, 2018, 09:45 PM
The circled door is where UNI came out of my last trip to Macomb.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180523/5b739586c44ece9c83689e15de86bb9d.jpg

I remember that because I was tailgating about 7 feet from where they left the locker room.

The team busses were closer to the stadium than the locker room.

ST_Lawson
May 22nd, 2018, 09:54 PM

I remember that because I was tailgating about 7 feet from where they left the locker room.

Ok, they must be using one of the basketball team's locker rooms then, which would be further into Western Hall. Those doors/building section you circled is an area called the "East Arena", which is just a big open area where the concessions are for basketball games, where some of the groups (like the pep band) store their equipment, etc.

The section under the bottom part of your circle (smaller dark purple roof) is where our home football locker room is.

cx500d
May 22nd, 2018, 10:18 PM

Track = #NotAStadium

Thumper 76
May 22nd, 2018, 10:56 PM
Track = #NotAStadium

To be fair, it’s marked as Hansen Field, not stadium

TheKingpin28
May 22nd, 2018, 11:09 PM
I think....yes?...maybe? Our home locker rooms are actually pretty nice (http://www.artmetalproducts.com/western-illinois-university-football-lockers.php), they're just a bit of a hike away from the field.
I literally have no idea about our visiting locker rooms. They're probably over at Western Hall (which the home locker room building is attached to), but I don't really know.

Well, the students don't think we do, that's for sure.That is a damn hike to the stadium, especially when it's windy, rainy, and/or cold.

JacksFan40
May 22nd, 2018, 11:21 PM
I remember the 2012 Hobo Day vs YSU, the locker room was right next to the fan store in the old home locker room, Jacks led by like 20+ at halftime and you could hear the YSU coach clear as day when you were in the store. About 5 guys stood next to the door listening and loved it.

FormerPokeCenter
May 22nd, 2018, 11:35 PM
Here's the home side of Northwestern's Turpin Stadium. It's a really nice, big stadium for such a small school.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27645&stc=1
Here's where the locker room is located. It's so small you can't have your entire team in there at once. If it's raining, you're just **** outta luck. You're getting wet...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27646&stc=1

Mattymc727
May 23rd, 2018, 07:08 AM
UNH had the worst in the CAA, probably the whole Northeast, and I don't think they touched a thing in there during a recent $25 million renovation. Everett Withers moved from JMU to Texas State to avoid playing at UNH. (Your welcome JMU fans)

Wasn't there a campaign to update both locker rooms? I thought I heard they hit their funding level but haven't heard anything since.

Mattymc727
May 23rd, 2018, 07:09 AM

Charge your damn phone!

Redbird 4th & short
May 23rd, 2018, 07:58 AM

very considerate of WIU .. easy access to parking and tailgate if they want to grab a bratwurst before the game !!!!

Sycamore62
May 23rd, 2018, 08:21 AM
Id rather have to walk than have a locker room that's 8 feet wide and 30 yards long with only cold water in the shower. I dont think that's still the case at (SW)Missouri St.

wapiti
May 23rd, 2018, 09:13 AM
Does anyone have a pink visitor locker room?

Professor Chaos
May 23rd, 2018, 09:20 AM
NDSU did quite well the last time (at least I think it was the last time) they came out of a pink locker room.

https://lakenewssite.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/bison.jpg

SU DOG
May 23rd, 2018, 09:24 AM
Sounds about right for ElCid, but only about 30 at a time could even fit in that small room under the lead-paint-coated stands. You had to wait your turn outside right next to the gate where they marched the Corps of Cadets in & out; so that always led to some hilarious VERBAL ONLY (they ain’t that stupid) exchanges.

On Sammy, the South end is where the Bullpups dressed. In 2014, the visiting team went way up the hill, to the back of what I guess is their basketball arena. So kinda similar to Mercer’s situation, but I think there is enough space up there that they didn’t have to store their clothes elsewhere & do the semi-nekkid walk like they have to do in Macon. I was at the FU game there this past year and I think I remember them still using that facility...no, wait...maybe not, at halftime, they just went & hung out in the end zone, like a PeeWee game. Ain’t FCS great? So much more color than the ‘big boys.’

BTW - the Keydets’ visitors locker room was no great shakes back in the day either. There was enough room - it was a big empty room with lockers around the 4 walls, but the lockers were standard issue high school gym lockers, so not big enough to store anything. So, we just left all our stuff in big piles on the floor...which was great for the thief/thieves that broke in during the 2nd half of the FU ‘79 game (a heart-breaking 21-20 loss for the ‘Dins on a missed XP) and took every single one of our wallets, watches, etc. Pretty funny when their insurance adjuster came to interview us in GVL the next week. Guys that hadn’t seen $100 in cash their entire lives inexplicably were carrying $300 with them that day, along with their new Rolexes, and full length leather coats. If we’d made that XP, I bet VMI’s insurance carrier would have gotten off a lot lighter...maybe not.

LOL! Not completely factual FUB. The present visitors dressing room, in Bashinsky Field House was the Dogs' facility until 2009 when the Sullivan-Cooney Family Field House was opened. Prior to that, visitors had to use the basement of Seibert Hall(old basketball facility), and they would often sit on the hillside at halftime as it was very small and bad. Bashinsky is better, but admittedly crowded. Former Samford HC used to say that the team was literally 'cheek-to-cheek' in there.

Go Green
May 23rd, 2018, 09:35 AM

Not sure at the FCS level.

But Iowa is famous for it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?16358-Iowa-s-pink-visitors-locker-room&highlight=locker

Evolution Prime
May 23rd, 2018, 09:45 AM

Shouldn't come as a surprise that we had the visitors go on a hike to our locker room when this was our scoreboard all the way up to D1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/South%20Dakota%20State%20Jackrabbits/Screenshot_2017-09-29-12-24-12-1_zpsghcvg2lb.png

Always embarrassed of or facilities until lately.

Bisonator
May 23rd, 2018, 10:24 AM
Not to mention the planes, trains and automobiles it takes to get to Macomb. xlolx

ST_Lawson
May 23rd, 2018, 10:45 AM
Not to mention the planes, trains and automobiles it takes to get to Macomb. xlolx

Yup, welcome to Forgottonia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgottonia)

Silenoz
May 23rd, 2018, 10:54 AM
Ours are supposed to be pretty bad. And EWU's appear to be an extension of their restrooms. Home and visitor.

WeAreThePride
May 23rd, 2018, 02:10 PM
Wow. It really is the off season.

Go Green
May 23rd, 2018, 08:08 PM
Wow. It really is the off season.

It was the best I could do, friend. :)

If you can come up with better topics, by all means feel free to start them!!

ST_Lawson
May 23rd, 2018, 09:53 PM
It was the best I could do, friend. :)

If you can come up with better topics, by all means feel free to start them!!

I mean, it does have at least something to do with football, which puts it ahead of probably half the offseason posts.

DFW HOYA
May 24th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Shouldn't come as a surprise that we had the visitors go on a hike to our locker room when this was our scoreboard all the way up to D1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/South%20Dakota%20State%20Jackrabbits/Screenshot_2017-09-29-12-24-12-1_zpsghcvg2lb.png

You're not alone. This is Georgetown's scoreboard since 2003:

https://georgetowner.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/article_X0034995-945.jpg

uni88
May 24th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Yup, welcome to Forgottonia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgottonia)I always wondered why there was a Carthage College in Kenosha WI. Now I know.

Macomb may be isolated but it's not so isolated that they decided to build missle silos.

Go Green
May 24th, 2018, 07:14 AM

https://georgetowner.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/article_X0034995-945.jpg

While I was never actually inside Georgetown's visitors' locker room, I did get a peek at it when Dartmouth was visiting a few years ago. It looked like it was "T"-shaped, with one long row connecting with another long row. Just one bench in the middle with JV-level lockers on the sides. Barely enough room for one-on-one meetings, let alone team or positional meetings.

If there was more to it, please inform me. I at least hope the showers worked...

MR. CHICKEN
May 24th, 2018, 07:37 AM
........WHEN YOU DEE........VISITED S.ILLINOIS......IN DUH OL’...DOG HOUSE........HENS DRESSED @.....DUH HOTEL.........POSITION MEETIN’S......OFFENSE @ CARBY’S WAFFLE HOUSE.......DEFENSE @......HANK’S......TIRES & ALIGNMENTS........HELD BACK DUH GAME SWAPS.......NO X-MAS CARD......&......$H*TTY.........WEATHER............AWK!!

TheKingpin28
May 24th, 2018, 10:15 AM

https://georgetowner.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/article_X0034995-945.jpgThat's just sad and pathetic. I get that Georgetown does not care about football but come on. I feel bad for you guys.

Professor Chaos
May 24th, 2018, 10:37 AM
That's just sad and pathetic. I get that Georgetown does not care about football but come on. I feel bad for you guys.

Especially considering this is where they play basketball:

https://supertailgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Georgetown-Basketball-1-e1501552971753.jpg

ST_Lawson
May 24th, 2018, 10:59 AM
That's just sad and pathetic. I get that Georgetown does not care about football but come on. I feel bad for you guys.

It's barely better than my high school's scoreboard....barely. And it's a pretty small town HS that has never really been big into football.

TheKingpin28
May 24th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Especially considering this is where they play basketball:

https://supertailgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Georgetown-Basketball-1-e1501552971753.jpg

http://www.inforum.com/news/3933529-fargodome-oks-95-million-new-video-boards

You're telling me Georgetown does not have 1.75 million to get a new scoreboard? Yeah I call bull**** on that one, especially considering where they play basketball.

It's barely better than my high school's scoreboard....barely. And it's a pretty small town HS that has never really been big into football.

https://www.aimele.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Hopkins-High-School.jpg

That is our baseball scoreboard. I can't find a picture of the football stadium, sucks since I was at the high school on Tuesday working and could have taken a picture, but our high school baseball scoreboard is nicer and the school I went to is arguably one of the best year in and year out in basketball. In 09, they for their starting 5: Marcus Williams (NDSU Football/NFL), Ray Cowels, Mike Broghammer (Christian Latener's nephew), Royce White (NBA), and Trent Lockett (NBA). That team was probably the best team in the nation that year.

centraljerseycat
May 24th, 2018, 11:32 AM
The only time Georgetown's basketball arena is that full is when they play Villanova!!!

DFW HOYA
May 24th, 2018, 11:48 AM
The only time Georgetown's basketball arena is that full is when they play Villanova!!!

Georgetown has not sold out a game with Villanova in over 20 years. This year's attendance vs. the Wildcats was 11,905 (58 percent of capacity). Nova fans don't travel the way Syracuse, UConn, and West Virginia did.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3933529-fargodome-oks-95-million-new-video-boards
You're telling me Georgetown does not have 1.75 million to get a new scoreboard? Yeah I call bull**** on that one, especially considering where they play basketball.ike Broghammer (Christian Latener's nephew), Royce White (NBA), and Trent Lockett (NBA). That team was probably the best team in the nation that year.

That's not their scoreboard. That's the scoreboard Capital One Arena (nee Verizon Center), to which they pay rent to.

For those that care, here's the scoreboard at their home "arena".

https://foursquare.com/v/mcdonough-gymnasium-georgetown-university/4ba28f62f964a520700438e3/photos
https://igx.4sqi.net/img/general/600x600/47560711_LBOuhP8iae24kxQsG73Q-4I2nsEShOH8Qb4vhGkdJQc.jpg0

TheKingpin28
May 24th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Georgetown has not sold out a game with Villanova in over 20 years. This year's attendance vs. the Wildcats was 11,905 (58 percent of capacity). Nova fans don't travel the way Syracuse, UConn, and West Virginia did.

That's not their scoreboard. That's the scoreboard Capital One Arena (nee Verizon Center), to which they pay rent to.

https://foursquare.com/v/mcdonough-gymnasium-georgetown-university/4ba28f62f964a520700438e3/photos
https://igx.4sqi.net/img/general/600x600/47560711_LBOuhP8iae24kxQsG73Q-4I2nsEShOH8Qb4vhGkdJQc.jpg0

https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarmOB1cE0jAvaNi/giphy.gif

Go Green
May 24th, 2018, 12:16 PM

How about a picture of their locker room digs at the Thompson Center? Those are a bit... nicer than the visiting football locker rooms.

:)

Sycamore62
May 24th, 2018, 12:34 PM
........WHEN YOU DEE........VISITED S.ILLINOIS......IN DUH OL’...DOG HOUSE........HENS DRESSED @.....DUH HOTEL.........POSITION MEETIN’S......OFFENSE @ CARBY’S WAFFLE HOUSE.......DEFENSE @......HANK’S......TIRES & ALIGNMENTS........HELD BACK DUH GAME SWAPS.......NO X-MAS CARD......&......$H*TTY.........WEATHER............AWK!!

I remember being outside under the bleachers and doing some of the dressing there.

ST_Lawson
May 24th, 2018, 01:35 PM

Oh wait...I guess my HS just got a new scoreboard last year. Pretty basic, but it works.
https://twitter.com/TheMarcKessler/status/900145293613834240

dgtw
May 25th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Not sure at the FCS level.

But Iowa is famous for it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?16358-Iowa-s-pink-visitors-locker-room&highlight=locker

Then there is the Fail Room for visiting teams at Alabama.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/29165/alabamas-visitors-locker-room-called-fail-room

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2018, 12:56 PM
That's awesome....that guy's generous and has a great sense of humor...

KPSUL
May 25th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Oh wait...I guess my HS just got a new scoreboard last year. Pretty basic, but it works.
https://twitter.com/TheMarcKessler/status/900145293613834240

Where's the ladder to climb up and change the numbers?

Mocs123
May 25th, 2018, 02:26 PM
JSU’s and Samford’s look pretty bad to me.

Milkman
May 25th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Your visitors locker room may be bad, but is it bobble head worthy bad? (yes I know Iowa was already mentioned)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1423/4758/products/Herky_the_Hawk_Iowa_Hawkeyes_Pink_Locker_Bobblehea d_1024x1024.png?v=1517963732

phoenix3
May 25th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Surprised Elon didn't get a few comments here. Our visitor's locker room has to be one of the worst. Although it was redone a couple of years ago. Still small and cramped.

phoenix3
May 25th, 2018, 08:26 PM
JSU’s and Samford’s look pretty bad to me.
Samford's isn't bad. Just don't break your neck making it down to the field.

ngineer
May 26th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Without even looking at the other answers, Wagner's has got to be one of the worst. Hell, half the team can't even fit and they have to dress in the hallway just down from refreshment stand and get taped under a tent next to the grandstand. Horrible and pathetic.

FormerPokeCenter
May 26th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Sounds like Northwestern State....

Catamount87
May 30th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Charleston Southern has taken it on the chin over the years for their stadium. That does make one wonder about the state of the locker rooms there. They barely have a visitor's side to the stadium. Which then makes one wonder, do they even have a visitor's locker room?

kdinva
May 30th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Charleston Southern.......do they even have a visitor's locker room?

yes, the last time VMI played there in 2012, a player told me their "New" FB building had a small, quaint, but clean visitor's locker room (might have been the Women's T & F room [off season])......barely enough room for 40, much less, 60 players.....

NorthChuckSouth
May 31st, 2018, 05:46 AM
Charleston Southern has taken it on the chin over the years for their stadium. That does make one wonder about the state of the locker rooms there. They barely have a visitor's side to the stadium. Which then makes one wonder, do they even have a visitor's locker room?
Visiting teams use the mens and womens track locker room, which are two seperate rooms. They're not huge so i'm guessing getting ready in there is pretty tough.

As far as worst ones i've been in - Gardner Webb is pretty tough.. they pretty much put a trailer on the side of their football facility. You have to walk around the building, through fans, to get to the showers. Have to make sure the guys have to close the doors fast when you leave so the crowd doesn't get a show. Monmouth's wasn't terrible as far as a lockerroom goes, but you have to walk up two flights of stairs. We met at half time in their wrestling gym which doesn't have heat. It was rainy and cold both times we played up there so half time was spent trying to warm up in a heatless gym.

JSU wasn't terrible.. the worst part about it was the walk up that steep hill getting there. Having no sideline was far worse

Hood
June 5th, 2018, 01:21 AM
In 05 or 06 one of our D2 opponents was apparently impressed with our visitor facilities. When word filtered to us in the bleachers from one of our friends, we were befuddled. It's one thing to acknowledge it's not a third world country, but from how it was presented to us, these kids were head over heels impressed.

(part of me wants to call shenanigans but if it means our stuff is better than the Demons, I'll take it :) )

FormerPokeCenter
June 5th, 2018, 06:38 AM
if it means our stuff is better than the Demons, I'll take it :) )

That's a pretty low bar!

Yote 53
June 5th, 2018, 03:37 PM

Nicholls State doesn't have a visitor's locker room, it's a tent. A freaking tent next to the women's softball locker room with access to 3 showers. I don't know how you can get any worse than that.

McNeese72
June 5th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Nicholls State doesn't have a visitor's locker room, it's a tent. A freaking tent next to the women's softball locker room with access to 3 showers. I don't know how you can get any worse than that.

I think that is because the visitors locker room was being renovated last season. At least, that is what I heard somewhere. This was the first season that McNeese has had to do the tent thing and we play there every other year.

Doc

Doc

crusader11
June 5th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Surprised we're on page 8 and Holy Cross hasn't been mentioned yet. The visiting team is unable to get taped inside the locker room, and has to resort to training tables being set up in one of the primary entrances to the stadium.

FormerPokeCenter
June 5th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Surprised we're on page 8 and Holy Cross hasn't been mentioned yet. The visiting team is unable to get taped inside the locker room, and has to resort to training tables being set up in one of the primary entrances to the stadium.

So that probably puts you running neck and neck with Northwestern...

The thing is, they've got a BEAUTIFUL stadium..and plenty of room!

TheRevSFA
June 5th, 2018, 08:24 PM

They have one?

McNeese75
June 5th, 2018, 09:01 PM
They have one?

I suspect McNeese has driven away from that stadium smiling more times than SFA xlolx (but I could be wrong and I'm NOT looking it up)

TheRevSFA
June 5th, 2018, 09:19 PM
I suspect McNeese has driven away from that stadium smiling more times than SFA xlolx (but I could be wrong and I'm NOT looking it up)

You could say that about a lot of stadia

Mike296
June 5th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Ours is pretty suspect to say the least.

McNeese72
June 6th, 2018, 08:13 AM
So that probably puts you running neck and neck with Northwestern...

The thing is, they've got a BEAUTIFUL stadium..and plenty of room!

Getting taped at Northwestern St in 2014.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27737&stc=1

Doc

Bisonator
June 6th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Getting taped at Northwestern St in 2014.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27737&stc=1

Doc
Lol do they at least put up a sheet for guys to change behind? xlolx

McNeese72
June 6th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Lol do they at least put up a sheet for guys to change behind? xlolx

They do have a tiny antiquated locker room under the stands where they can do that. But I don't think the whole team can do that at the same time. I have never been it myself but maybe Jay Gallagher can elaborate.

Doc

RootinFerDukes
June 6th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Where the heck are the pictures in this thread? I want to see those dumps.

Go Green
June 6th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Where the heck are the pictures in this thread? I want to see those dumps.

Here are a few from the former Pac-10.

http://usctrojans.com/sports/2017/6/16/blog-2009-11-road-warriors-ranking-the-pac-10-visitors-locker-rooms-html.aspx

RootinFerDukes
June 6th, 2018, 02:38 PM

At least it's digital and not Fenway Park style with someone removing number tiles on the board?

TheKingpin28
June 6th, 2018, 02:41 PM
At least it's digital and not Fenway Park style with someone removing number tiles on the board?

Don't you hate on the greatest stadium in baseball and potentially all of American Professional Sports.

RootinFerDukes
June 6th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Here are a few from the former Pac-10.

http://usctrojans.com/sports/2017/6/16/blog-2009-11-road-warriors-ranking-the-pac-10-visitors-locker-rooms-html.aspx

I don't even think those looked that bad. That's about what I would expect.

FormerPokeCenter
June 6th, 2018, 06:01 PM
They do have a tiny antiquated locker room under the stands where they can do that. But I don't think the whole team can do that at the same time. I have never been it myself but maybe Jay Gallagher can elaborate.

Doc

Back in the ancient times, they actually let us change clothes in a room in their field house...but, they changed all that and started putting the visiting teams under the stands.

I've been in there to interview visting coaches when I've covered Demon games for The Shreveport Times...

It's ****ing tiny. I think they have to change clothes in shifts....and, as Doc's photos illustrate they have to set up trainer plinths on the hill next to the stands....

Bisonoline
June 6th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Back in the ancient times, they actually let us change clothes in a room in their field house...but, they changed all that and started putting the visiting teams under the stands.

I've been in there to interview visting coaches when I've covered Demon games for The Shreveport Times...

It's ****ing tiny. I think they have to change clothes in shifts....and, as Doc's photos illustrate they have to set up trainer plinths on the hill next to the stands....

Back in Ancient times I dont think SDSU had a locker room for us. I think we came down on the bus wearing our lower uniforms and put our upper pads on when we got there.

CHIP72
June 7th, 2018, 05:44 PM

I know for a fact the 2004 Villanova/Georgetown game at the then-MCI Center sold out because a friend and I tried to buy tickets at the box office the day of the game and they were sold out.

Considering Villanova is a relatively small private school and Syracuse, Connecticut, and West Virginia are all fairly large public schools (with UConn and WVU obviously the state universities in their respective states and Syracuse de facto functioning as New York's state university), I would hope Georgetown would draw better for those teams than for Villanova. As it is, the crowd for the 2017 Villanova/Georgetown basketball game in DC was probably 50/50 (the 2018 game was played on a weeknight and was less than 50/50 but still had a sizable Villanova contingent).

Incidentally, I think McDonough Gymnasium is still bigger than Jake Nevin Field House.

Bill
June 11th, 2018, 09:45 PM
I know for a fact the 2004 Villanova/Georgetown game at the then-MCI Center sold out because a friend and I tried to buy tickets at the box office the day of the game and they were sold out.

Considering Villanova is a relatively small private school and Syracuse, Connecticut, and West Virginia are all fairly large public schools (with UConn and WVU obviously the state universities in their respective states and Syracuse de facto functioning as New York's state university), I would hope Georgetown would draw better for those teams than for Villanova. As it is, the crowd for the 2017 Villanova/Georgetown basketball game in DC was probably 50/50 (the 2018 game was played on a weeknight and was less than 50/50 but still had a sizable Villanova contingent).

Incidentally, I think McDonough Gymnasium is still bigger than Jake Nevin Field House.

Just one relatively big correction - Syracuse is not a public school, it's private. It may function as a defacto NY state university, but don't tell the families paying over 50K a year that xdrunkyx

Terry2889
June 15th, 2018, 09:00 AM

I didn't see it until I was a Junior there.... All it needed was a stretching rack, an Iron Maiden, and some skeletal remains hanging from the walls and it would have been a medieval prison.

Terry2889
June 15th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Wait I almost forgot! HAMPTON! Its a classroom with no air-conditioning! An it's not even a nice classroom!

Go Green
August 21st, 2019, 05:03 PM
Bumped, given the current discussion on the topic.

kperk014
August 27th, 2019, 11:35 PM
Unless something's been done since last year, probably UNA.