PDA

View Full Version : ap is #2

bodoyle
March 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Bears traded RB Thomas Jones and their 2nd round pick, #63 overall to the Jets for their 2nd round pick, #37 overall.

ap will be the backup behind CB now.

We're screwed.

bobbythekidd
March 5th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Bears traded RB Thomas Jones and their 2nd round pick, #63 overall to the Jets for their 2nd round pick, #37 overall.

We're screwed.
: flamemad

See buttdoyle, you are baiting us. You are so irritating I just can't ignore you.

March 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I guess the proof will be when the Bears trade for or draft another RB and drop "career third stringer" AP back down to his rightful spot collecting splinters while the offense is on the field.

You don't think the CHICAGO BEARS would be so STOOOOOPID to keep smelly #29 in the two spot do you?

Chicago might riot and the NFL would surely sanction the team wouldn't they?

seantaylor
March 5th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I'll one better than that. AP will be the starter. Maybe not the first game, but he will be the better RB. Benson is slow, no power/no heart, injury prone bust.

appfan2008
March 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
i believe ap is the man in chi town as well

bodoyle
March 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I guess the proof will be when the Bears trade for or draft another RB and drop "career third stringer" AP back down to his rightful spot collecting splinters while the offense is on the field.

You don't think the CHICAGO BEARS would be so STOOOOOPID to keep smelly #29 in the two spot do you?

Chicago might riot and the NFL would surely sanction the team wouldn't they?

You beat me to it Ralph. You know that's what they're going to do with that 2nd round pick. Prolly pick up a scatback.

bodoyle
March 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM
: flamemad

See buttdoyle, you are baiting us. You are so irritating I just can't ignore you.

Bobby, you love me and you know it! :nod:

Chi-towngrizzly
March 5th, 2007, 11:04 PM

We're screwed.

For someone who supposedly lives in Chicago, you sure don't know ***** about the Bears. People here love AP. You are the only person I've come across that is sad to see Jones go.

Mr. C
March 5th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Boy, we are sure getting our share of trolls around AGS. Purgatory for Mr. Doyle is going to be watching "The Run" and "The Run, Part Two" over and over continuously.

seantaylor
March 5th, 2007, 11:40 PM
You beat me to it Ralph. You know that's what they're going to do with that 2nd round pick. Prolly pick up a scatback.

You really don't know much about your team. The Bears are looking for a linebacker, QB, and wideout in that order.

Mr. C
March 5th, 2007, 11:45 PM
They definitely need a QB. Can AP do that, too? He probably be better than Grossman.

March 5th, 2007, 11:50 PM
They definitely need a QB. Can AP do that, too? He probably be better than Grossman.:nono:

Grossman > Carr :thumbsup:

Tod
March 6th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Boy, we are sure getting our share of trolls around AGS. Purgatory for Mr. Doyle is going to be watching "The Run" and "The Run, Part Two" over and over continuously.

That second part is purgatory for Griz fans, too. :( :( :)

bodoyle
March 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM
For someone who supposedly lives in Chicago, you sure don't know ***** about the Bears. People here love AP. You are the only person I've come across that is sad to see Jones go.

Ghee I wonder why I'm sad? back to back 1200 yard seasons. Hmm why oh why am I sad to see him go? :bang:

bodoyle
March 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM

been there done that Dave. It's a nice run.:thumbsup:

bodoyle
March 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM
You really don't know much about your team. The Bears are looking for a linebacker, QB, and wideout in that order.

They are not looking for a LB. They franchised Briggs for about $7.2 mil this year, and he will be here this year. He will not participate until the fnial week of drills b/c after that he gets fined. We are not looking for a QB either, as much as we should be and desperately need to be.

bodoyle
March 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM
They definitely need a QB. Can AP do that, too? He probably be better than Grossman.

For, I think the first time ever, I agree with you.

bodoyle
March 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
:nono:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Carr has no offensive line. He is on his backside every play. I think he is still an unknown because of that.

bodoyle
March 6th, 2007, 10:15 AM

I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about: www.chicagosports.com

Who's your No. 1 running back for the Bears next fall?

71.2%
Cedric Benson (820 responses)

8.9%
Adrian Peterson (102 responses)

19.9%
They'd better find someone else (229 responses)

1151 total responses

Peems
March 6th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about: www.chicagosports.com

71.2%
Cedric Benson (820 responses)

8.9%
Adrian Peterson (102 responses)

19.9%
They'd better find someone else (229 responses)

1151 total responses

its hard to judge something they never get to see! Hopefully this will at least lead to increased playing time for AP.

EDIT: I just voted AP in the poll!!!:hurray:

trusty
March 6th, 2007, 11:31 AM
its hard to judge something they never get to see! Hopefully this will at least lead to increased playing time for AP.

Jones and AP both averaged 4.1 per carry. Who knows if AP would have also gained 1210 yrds on 296 carriers but I think he deserves the chance. AP will out work Benson for that #1 spot.

I also voted for AP:hurray:

mrfeem
March 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM
AP IS MY #1 GUY IN TH WINDY CITY. FIRST HE IS A VET THAT HAS BEEN
AROUND THE BLOCK A FEW TIMES AND HAS POWER AND SPEED TO BOOT!
WE ASU FANS HAD THE PAIN AND AGONY OF TRYING TO DEFEND THIS
CAT. HE HARDLY EVER FUMBLED THE BALL AND WAS A GOOD BLOCKER ALSO. IF THE BEARS PASS OVER HIM I THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT
MISTAKE.:nod:

Peems
March 6th, 2007, 02:26 PM
was watching first and 10 today and Skip Baylus(sp) stated it was dumb to trade jones and he followed that by saying "at least they got Adrian Peterson...the wrong one"...i puked a little, he is such an idiot.

bodoyle
March 6th, 2007, 09:10 PM

71.6%
Cedric Benson (4664 responses)

8.5%
Adrian Peterson (552 responses)

19.9%
They'd better find someone else (1297 responses)

6513 total responses

Yea Bayless is dumb, what does he know. He only has covered Chicago sports for 10+ years.:bang: xidiotx

bodoyle
March 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM

You voted and ap went down 4/10th of a %. xlolx

March 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
... Yea Bayless is dumb, what does he know. He only has covered Chicago sports for 10+ years.Yep, that's why he was run out of town. Better known as Skip "to the next page" Clueless :nod:

bobbythekidd
March 6th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Hey Buttdoyle,
Check this out. You will notice that most of the yardage is after first contact. Can your boy Benson claim the same?
FYI, the area where he tends to slow down/stop/or is tackled, is called the endzone.

http://www.bullochheadlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=30

bodoyle
March 7th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Yep, that's why he was run out of town. Better known as Skip "to the next page" Clueless :nod:

He wasn't run out of town. He went to, I believe San Jose b/c the Trib didn't pay him what he wanted.

bodoyle
March 7th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Bobby, I'm flattered by your man-crush.

I can average 4.1 ypc when I only rush the ball 10 times a year.

Call me when he gets 100 carries in a season. xlolx

I don't expect you to call.:nod:

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM

71.6%
Cedric Benson (4664 responses)

8.5%
Adrian Peterson (552 responses)

19.9%
They'd better find someone else (1297 responses)

6513 total responses

Yea Bayless is dumb, what does he know. He only has covered Chicago sports for 10+ years.:bang: xidiotx

If they are comparing college careers, which they were since the other Adrian Peterson hasn't played a down yet, I would say that the Oklahoma Adrian Peterson is the "wrong one"

bodoyle
March 7th, 2007, 11:33 AM
If they are comparing college careers, which they were since the other Adrian Peterson hasn't played a down yet, I would say that the Oklahoma Adrian Peterson is the "wrong one"

They're not. They are comparing the 2 RBs that the Bears currently have.

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM
They're not. They are comparing the 2 RBs that the Bears currently have.

on first and 10 Skip was comparing the two APs and said "too bad they have the wrong AP" :nono:

bodoyle
March 7th, 2007, 12:00 PM
on first and 10 Skip was comparing the two APs and said "too bad they have the wrong AP" :nono:

Oh, right that's correct, but that poll was talking about current Bear RBs.

Peems
March 7th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Oh, right that's correct, but that poll was talking about current Bear RBs.

we are on the same track now :thumbsup:. I still support AP though:hurray:

seantaylor
March 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Bobby, I'm flattered by your man-crush.

I can average 4.1 ypc when I only rush the ball 10 times a year.

Call me when he gets 100 carries in a season. xlolx

I don't expect you to call.:nod:

How about 76 carries douche. In 2005 he averaged 5.1 yards a carry, which was best in the NFL. What ya got now?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=3776

Kill'em
March 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Hey Bodoyle, are you married to Ann Coulter? If not, you should be. Both of you get off on spouting senseless inflammitory remarks just to get attention.

Tod
March 8th, 2007, 02:35 AM
How about 76 carries douche. In 2005 he averaged 5.1 yards a carry, which was best in the NFL. What ya got now?

AP is just not getting the chance that he should. When you look at his career stats, he proves he can do it. Damn! : smh : : smh :

bodoyle
March 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM

I've got 76 carries in a 16 game season, which rounds off to a whopping 5 carries a game. Impressive :bang:

bodoyle
March 8th, 2007, 08:01 AM
AP is just not getting the chance that he should. When you look at his career stats, he proves he can do it. Damn! : smh : : smh :

He has never carried the ball 100 times in a season. How does a whopping 76 carries one year, followed by 10 carries the next year prove that he can do "it"?

Peems
March 8th, 2007, 09:58 AM
He has never carried the ball 100 times in a season. How does a whopping 76 carries one year, followed by 10 carries the next year prove that he can do "it"?

well we are pretty much judging Benson based off his college career, he hasn't done anything too spectacular during his NFL tenure. If they gave AP the shot they gave Benson(which they won't most likely due to money) AP would prove himself.

bodoyle
March 8th, 2007, 09:59 AM
well we are pretty much judging Benson based off his college career, he hasn't done anything too spectacular during his NFL tenure. If they gave AP the shot they gave Benson(which they won't most likely due to money) AP would prove himself.

Ahh there it is. It only took 4 pages for the $ to come into play....again

ap proved himself in the Super Bowl when Benson was injured right? Oh yea, TJ took all the carries.

Peems
March 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Ahh there it is. It only took 4 pages for the $ to come into play....again

ap proved himself in the Super Bowl when Benson was injured right? Oh yea, TJ took all the carries.

we will see how it plays this year, when Benson is the main guy and TJ isn't. Obviously losing your second string guy(benson) doesn't mean you go straight to third? you hang your hat on the #1 back, Jones and Jones only got 15 carries.

bodoyle
March 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
we will see how it plays this year, when Benson is the main guy and TJ isn't. Obviously losing your second string guy(benson) doesn't mean you go straight to third? you hang your hat on the #1 back, Jones and Jones only got 15 carries.

I see the Bears drafting a RB. If they liked ap he would have had more then 10 carries in the season.

Mr. C
March 8th, 2007, 03:01 PM
:nono:

Why are we bringing David Carr into this? If you have ever seen the Houston Texans play, you know they have about the worst offensive line in pro football. Carr is constantly running for his life.

Kill'em
March 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
No, that distinction would have to go to my Raiders. :bawling:

Kill'em
March 8th, 2007, 04:16 PM
It might be optimistic speculation, but could it be Ap's value on special teams that keeps him from getting more carries?

Peems
March 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
It might be optimistic speculation, but could it be Ap's value on special teams that keeps him from getting more carries?

I'd say no, you can always find another gunner, even as under appreciated and unwanted as it is.

Kill'em
March 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Fair enough.

Tod
March 8th, 2007, 11:39 PM

You're concentrating on how many carries he has in a game or season. How does that prove he CAN'T do it? It doesn't, that's the choice of the coaching staff. His career stats speak for themselves, and are outstanding.

By these stats, one can only assume he could continue producing at this level if given the chance.

You, of course, will assume otherwise based on the number of games or carries he has. xidiotx

Your brain function is...interesting, to say the least. xidiotx

Rushing Stats
ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
133 622 4.7 36 5 34 0 0

Kill'em
March 9th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Absolutely! It shows AP is making the most of his opportunities. AP is a good back, period!

seantaylor
March 9th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Benson sucks. He will not last. Just a matter of time until AP is the starting back, now that it's obvious the Bears aren't pursuing a back in FA. Lewis and Magahee have already been picked up.

bodoyle
March 9th, 2007, 07:42 AM
I'd say no, you can always find another gunner, even as under appreciated and unwanted as it is.

I agree, you can always take a WR who doesn't get PT and have him get in there as a gunner.

bodoyle
March 9th, 2007, 07:45 AM
You're concentrating on how many carries he has in a game or season. How does that prove he CAN'T do it? It doesn't, that's the choice of the coaching staff. His career stats speak for themselves, and are outstanding.

By these stats, one can only assume he could continue producing at this level if given the chance.

You, of course, will assume otherwise based on the number of games or carries he has. xidiotx

Your brain function is...interesting, to say the least. xidiotx

Rushing Stats
ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
133 622 4.7 36 5 34 0 0

Since the Bears have said numerous times, Lovie mainly, that he loves ap, is it not contradictory that he gets 10 carries in a season when the back-up RB has been injury prone? When the back-up got injured and never returned in the Super Bowl?

According to your....logic if I take the first 133 carries of TJ, or CB or any RB for that matter and they are averaging 12.5 ypc (i.e. someone like Jamal Lewis after he plays against another shi**t AFC team), we should expect that to be a career average? xidiotx

In that case my choice for the best RB would be Jerious Norwood. He's averaging 6.4 ypc on 99 carries.