PDA

View Full Version : WIU's LB Edgerton Hartwell cut from Falcons

dbackjon
March 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=18356

Mr. C
March 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Pretty shocking when you consider that Brian VanGorder was his position coach at WIU and is the new LB coach for the Falcons.

dbackjon
March 2nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Pretty shocking when you consider that Brian VanGorder was his position coach at WIU and is the new LB coach for the Falcons.

Did not know that - that is interesting.

pete4256
March 2nd, 2007, 07:38 PM

Couldn't resist, huh? Well, that does fit . . .

Mr. C
March 2nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Couldn't resist what? I truly was surprised, because they had a good relationship at WIU and Hartwell, despite injuries last year, still is a quality player.

Baldy
March 2nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
VG was also the DC at WIU during that time. Edge getting the ax no real surprise to me. Hartwell has been on the sidelines because of injuries more than he has been in the lineup. I guess the Falcons finally decided they weren't getting their money's worth.

Mr. C
March 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the clarification and opinion, Baldy. You follow the Falcons more closely than I do.

slostang
March 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
They also cut Ike Reece. This is bad news for both, but it could be good news for former Cal Poly Mustang and 2004 Buck Buchanan winner Jordan Beck who is a LB with the Falcons.

Baldy
March 4th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the clarification and opinion, Baldy. You follow the Falcons more closely than I do.
Not sure if I'll follow them that closely this year after they hired "The Quitter". Then again, maybe I'll follow them more closely because Petrino did us a great favor. :rotateh: xlolx

andy7171
March 20th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I think the release of Hartwell is based more on injury and finances and less on the personal relationship between coach and player. Position coaches really have no say in the real managment of the team as a whole. That's the HC and GMs job.

Peems
March 20th, 2007, 03:10 PM
They also cut Ike Reece. This is bad news for both, but it could be good news for former Cal Poly Mustang and 2004 Buck Buchanan winner Jordan Beck who is a LB with the Falcons.

In Madden 07 he is one of the startersxnodx xrotatehx

spelunker64
March 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I think the release of Hartwell is based more on injury and finances and less on the personal relationship between coach and player.

That's what the boys on Sirius NFL Radio were saying as well, more due to the injury bug.