PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL team will be the next to change its logo?

Fresno St. Alum
March 1st, 2007, 12:44 AM
I think and hope it's Buffalo and or San Diego. The powder blues look awsome. I like the Buffalo throwbacks too. Too many black and navy blue teams now.

Mr. C
March 1st, 2007, 12:51 AM
How about the Falcons going back to their original unis? Also, a friend and I were talking about having the Denver Broncos doing a throwback game to 1960-61, complete with those verticle-stripped socks.

Fresno St. Alum
March 1st, 2007, 01:01 AM
Mr. C, I guess the Falcons and Broncos would be under other. I like the Falcons logo now but wish it was on the old red helmet. I like the new Broncos helmet but the orange jerseys are better than the navy ones.

Mountaineer
March 1st, 2007, 01:22 AM
I hope someday, for the love of God, that the Panthers ditch the overused and cliche black jerseys and use the blue ones (current alternates). Those things are sexy. Please.... :bawling: :D

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3916/20041217205112xk2.jpg

The Gadfly
March 1st, 2007, 01:57 AM
I hope someday, for the love of God, that the Panthers ditch the overused and cliche black jerseys and use the blue ones (current alternates). Those things are sexy. Please.... :bawling: :D

I wish they would change that scratch "Panthers" logo. You're right, those Carolina Blue unies are nice. :thumbsup:

citdog
March 1st, 2007, 03:15 AM
I wish they would change that scratch "Panthers" logo. You're right, those Carolina Blue unies are nice. :thumbsup:

not Carolina Blue, CITADEL BLUE!

Tod
March 1st, 2007, 03:25 AM

THE CITADEL BLUE FIGHTING HEBREWS!!!

Put 'em in wherever you want. xlolx xlolx xlolx

But seriously, it'd better not be the Saints. :mad:

Mr. C
March 1st, 2007, 03:26 AM
Reminds me of a Citadel-App State game a few years back. It was one of the few times when the game was played in brilliant weather and a father was leading his young son up the hill at Kidd Brewer Stadium. The little boy grew excited as he looked down at the glistening, powder blue uniforms on the field. "Daddy, daddy." the little boy exclaimed. "The Apps are playing the Tar Heals."

Mr. C
March 1st, 2007, 03:28 AM
Mr. C, I guess the Falcons and Broncos would be under other. I like the Falcons logo now but wish it was on the old red helmet. I like the new Broncos helmet but the orange jerseys are better than the navy ones.
I was talking about the early Broncos uniforms from 1960-61. The orange uniforms came much latter towards the end of the 1960s.

citdog
March 1st, 2007, 03:29 AM
That little boy will learn soon enough! UNC is for wimps and intellectuals, no room for either of those at The Citadel!

Fresno St. Alum
March 1st, 2007, 03:41 AM
Mr. C, you like the helmets that had the dead horse on it, that died from shock.

Marcus Garvey
March 1st, 2007, 07:38 AM
It should be the Chargers. They sell way more merchandise that's "throwback" powder blue. They ought to bring back the old logo of the charging lancer too. Almost all of their fans prefer the light blue, as do the players. However, the only person whose opinion matters, owner Alex Spanos, prefers the navy blue unis. That's why I doubt the Chargers will change on a full time basis.

I suspect the Saints will change their logo soon... when they move to L.A., San Antonio, or wherever! xlolx

Cobblestone
March 1st, 2007, 08:18 AM
Eventually they all will, it's known as merchandise sales.

Mr. C
March 1st, 2007, 10:22 AM
Mr. C, you like the helmets that had the dead horse on it, that died from shock.
That was funny. I remember when someone marketed SMU T-shirts when the Mustangs got the death penalty with a dead mustang on the front.

lambertjr
March 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Hopefully St. Louis will change their names and logo both.

blackfordpu
March 1st, 2007, 05:46 PM
All the teams listed are pretty well known and established. Therefore their logos are also well known. I don't they will be changing anytime soon. I'd look more toward a team that has kind of fallen off the map like Miami or Detroit. Teams like that will be looking for anything to reviatalize their team and fans.

TexasTerror
March 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM
I suspect the Saints will change their logo soon... when they move to L.A., San Antonio, or wherever! xlolx

I guess that's what selling out the NOLA Superdome for every game by virtue of season ticket sales will do that for you, eh?

Oh, NOLA can't support football? What's that? Wait a second, didn't I just read that New Orleans sold more season tickets for an Arena Football franchise this year (over 12,000) than any other franchise in the history of the league? Yep, I did hear that!

Who Dat Who Dat Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints!

GeauxColonels
March 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM
It won't be the Saints. The logo links the team to the region better than any in sports.

BrevardMountaineer03
March 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM

I don't know about sexy, but I much prefer the blue jerseys to the black!

Fresno St. Alum
March 1st, 2007, 11:18 PM
TT, My cousins all from Fresno are Bengal fans(go figure) and they said Who Dey came before Who Dat. Is there any proof of which one came first. The most likely to move to LA would probably be the Chargers. The Bills owner said that they might have to move to LA because Buffalo wasn't cutting it anymore. LA Bills, Lame

Eyes of Old Main
March 2nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
UNC is for wimps and intellectuals, no room for either of those at The Citadel!

I could understand not wanting to be aligned with wimps, but intellegence isn't a bad thing to have on your side.

Is CitDog saying something about El Cid grads in general?

GeauxColonels
March 3rd, 2007, 12:57 PM
Hopefully St. Louis will change their names and logo both.
Why's that? :confused: :confused: Just curious...

Marcus Garvey
March 3rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
I guess that's what selling out the NOLA Superdome for every game by virtue of season ticket sales will do that for you, eh?

Oh, NOLA can't support football? What's that? Wait a second, didn't I just read that New Orleans sold more season tickets for an Arena Football franchise this year (over 12,000) than any other franchise in the history of the league? Yep, I did hear that!

Who Dat Who Dat Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints!

Might I remind you that the State of Louisana is paying Mr. Benson millions of dollars every year to remain in New Orleans. That, my friend, is the sure sign of a city unable to sustain it's franchise. The Superdome is aging, and there's no money to replace it.

I seem to recall the original Cleveland Browns selling out before moving to Baltimore too. A full-house means nothing to the money-grubbing whores who call themselve NFL owners.

TexasTerror
March 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Might I remind you that the State of Louisana is paying Mr. Benson millions of dollars every year to remain in New Orleans. That, my friend, is the sure sign of a city unable to sustain it's franchise. The Superdome is aging, and there's no money to replace it.

I seem to recall the original Cleveland Browns selling out before moving to Baltimore too. A full-house means nothing to the money-grubbing whores who call themselve NFL owners.

Trust me, I know this all to well...

My blood used to be Columbia Blue when I was growing up before the sinister K.S "Bud" Adams took my team to Nashville...

lambertjr
March 4th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Why's that? :confused: :confused: Just curious...

When they left L.A. and moved east I just thought it made sense to start a new identity. Along the lines of what Houston/Tennessee and Cleveland/Baltimore did.

GeauxColonels
March 4th, 2007, 05:06 PM
When they left L.A. and moved east I just thought it made sense to start a new identity. Along the lines of what Houston/Tennessee and Cleveland/Baltimore did.
Ahhhh. I see! Makes sense. However, I think you're out of luck since the team has already won a championship as the St. Louis Rams. Personally, I think you're stuck with the name, colors and logo for a while. :twocents:

CitadelGrad
March 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM

The LA Rams mascot was not an LA original. They were the Cleveland Rams before they became the LA Rams. Cleveland is farther east than St. Louis.

Go...gate
March 4th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Don't you guys mean Columbia Blue???

Fresno St. Alum
March 4th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I remember when the Seahawks were going to move to LA if Seattle didn't get them a new stadium. They refurbished the Super Dome, thats kind of like new.

GeauxColonels
March 4th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I remember when the Seahawks were going to move to LA if Seattle didn't get them a new stadium. They refurbished the Super Dome, thats kind of like new.
Not really...I mean it's got new paint and seats...but it's still the same stadium. They're already discussing what kinds of major re-engineering the Dome will need if the team is going to stay.

spelunker64
March 4th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I think and hope it's Buffalo and or San Diego. The powder blues look awsome. I like the Buffalo throwbacks too. Too many black and navy blue teams now.

Are you talking jersey's or logos? I agree the powder blues are great, but there is no changing the lightning bolt.

Fresno St. Alum
March 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I mean changes to the helmet. Like the Chargers going from the Blue helmet with the white bolt to the white helmet with the yellow bolt. Jerseys are usually part of the change too.

Fresno St. Alum
March 10th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Who ever picked the Chargers was right. They are going to have a white helmet with a yellow bolt outlined in powder blue and then navy. The mask will be navy blue. The position of the bolt on the shoulders has moved and added the powder blue/navy border with the Charger name on the chest. Numbers are shaped differently. This will be unveiled on 3/14/07

flea
March 10th, 2007, 03:32 AM
http://i1.chargers.com/assets/174/32480_282wh.jpg

Full story: http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/c...unveil.htm