PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Released??

MYTAPPY
February 28th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I saw on ESPN last night that there were rumors that St. Louis was going to release Dexter Coakley. It there any truth to it?

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2007, 10:40 AM
confirmed.

MYTAPPY
February 28th, 2007, 10:46 AM
The Carolina Panthers need to drop Dan "doubtful" Morgan and sign Dexter. I'm sure there is stiil some tread left on that tire.

Mr. C
February 28th, 2007, 01:44 PM
It was probably a salary cap-related move. Dexter Coakley was actually mulling over whether or not to retire, or play one more year.

lizrdgizrd
February 28th, 2007, 02:43 PM
The Carolina Panthers need to drop Dan "doubtful" Morgan and sign Dexter. I'm sure there is stiil some tread left on that tire.
We definitely need to drop Morgan, but we should have done it last year and kept Witherspoon. Not sure Coakley is the answer.

Appstate29
February 28th, 2007, 05:14 PM
If Dexter Coakley is not the answer, I don't want to know the question.

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2007, 06:41 PM
we should have kept witherspoon, i agree, hes a beast

YOsef
February 28th, 2007, 10:48 PM

So ... So true

proasu89
February 28th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Or, to put it another way...If lovin Dexter is wrong...I don't wanna be rightxlolx

lizrdgizrd
March 1st, 2007, 07:58 AM
I guess I prefer a long-term solution. I'd rather get a good young LB who can grow into the position over a couple seasons. I wouldn't mind trading (not actually trading, you know what I mean) Dan for Dexter. But neither is going to be a long term solution at MLB. I'd love to have Dexter teach some young guys how to do it for a season or two. :nod:

MYTAPPY
March 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
If Dexter decides to retire I hope he goes into some sort of coaching. Maybe he can come back and be on Jerry's staff.

Mr. C
March 1st, 2007, 10:01 AM
Considering how much Dexter and his wife have been involved in public service-type stuff, I'd expect Dexter to do something like that. He has lived frugally and has taken care of himself and his family financially, so that won't be a major concern. If he wants to play again, he probably can sign a free agent contract somewhere. Considering how well he ended the season, he has some ability left to play.

appfan2008
March 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I hope he continues to succeed in life... what a great guy