PDA

View Full Version : A&T vs. Jacksonville State (FCS Kickoff) Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Thumper 76
August 26th, 2018, 04:20 PM
#1 reason why I rarely come over here...this is crazy. The narrative would have changed regardless of outcome.

When was Jax last lost at home against an FCS team? I thought it was like 4 years ago....

Didn’t know JSU was in Montgomery......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
August 26th, 2018, 04:21 PM
That game was like watching an 80 year old stripper. Equal parts horrifying, fascinating, but overall pretty boring.

With that being said. NC A&T IMO is probably 10-13 team right now. Cocky State was pretty good on the defensive line which made the a&T offense look worse than they are. However they will not be elite unless that O line gets a bunch better. absolute sieve. A&T defense is legit and they'll walk through their conference.

Jacksonville state needs to fire their head coach. Has anyone done less with more? Consistently having NFL talent drafted year in and year out but can't control his team at all against anyone with a pulse. And can't develop a QB to save his life. And always seems out of his element making calls in big games. ie that field goal on 4th and 1. He gets way to much credit for winning in a terrible conference. They should never have lost that game yesterday. Terrible play calling on O.

Agree with almost everything here. Except that JSU should have never lost this game. NCAT did what they had to do to win.

cx500d
August 26th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Unlike NC A&T, the Bison have yet to beat anyone. So a drum (past achievements) is exactly what you are beating.

I know what Sammy is beating, and it rhymes with meet

RootinFerDukes
August 26th, 2018, 04:35 PM
As I have said before, NDSU should come to the deep south and show us how it's done then. Come play @ grambling in August/September. Play BCU in Orlando in Sept noon kickoff. That heat and humidity is an equalizer.

They play 9 of 11 games in domes this season. Comfy, air conditioned games for players and fans.

cx500d
August 26th, 2018, 04:37 PM
It won't matter. We had 149 yards in penalties last night and turned the ball over way too many times.

Yeah it's fixable. But it's not going to be fixed. It wasnt fixed last year and it wasn't fixed in 2016.

Our coaches don't seem to think it's a problem cause it's getting worse every year.

403 yds to 148 yds? Offense isn’t your problem....turnovers....get those under control and JSU should recover. Nca&t offense just did enough to win.

cx500d
August 26th, 2018, 04:42 PM
They play 9 of 11 games in domes this season. Comfy, air conditioned games for players and fans.

Be fair, half the season the dome is heated vice air conditioned

POD Knows
August 26th, 2018, 05:40 PM
I would be dead.... would have partied myself to death after the second one.The second one was brutal, that is when I got hammered at the tailgate and lost my ticket and had to buy an SRO ticket at the last minute to get in. That was a long assed ride to Kansas after that game.

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 05:49 PM
The second one was brutal, that is when I got hammered at the tailgate and lost my ticket and had to buy an SRO ticket at the last minute to get in. That was a long assed ride to Kansas after that game.

Is that the one with the good stories about the Waffle House and such?

POD Knows
August 26th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Is that the one with the good stories about the Waffle House and such?I don't remember, they all kind of blended together, I think the WH adventure was during the NDSU/Towson game. I was pretty well behaved that weekend.

Milktruck74
August 26th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Sorry it took me so long to post this, I had to prep and host a surprise sweet 16 party for the daughter last night....40 teens in my house!

So, I need to man up and admit I was wrong. Congrats to Dudley University....errr A&T. They did what they needed to do and got the win. Life in my universe would have been much easier if they would have just laid down and let JSU thump them by 20....as I said before, this was not only big for NCAT, but SWAV/MEAC football too. Maybe you guys are improving as a whole, I don’t know....but I do know that A&T is a top 15 program and has the talent to match up and give a game to anybody in FCS (sans those two or 3 teams nobody can toe up against) on Any Given Saturday.

And JSU will get better as they go through the next 10 weeks of OVC scrimmages.

JROCK
August 26th, 2018, 06:03 PM
The goal posts to this “game” keep moving xlolx .

Congrats on the W, NCAT.

Ditto..LOL

DeltaDevil662
August 26th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Its only week 0 and we already have a winner for absolutely dumbest post of entire season.

Wait .. am I being trolled again ?

Nope. Yall are just your usual prick selves over here steady moving the damn goal posts and disrespecting the hell out of HBCUs.

It's been "put us on the schedule" for years and ESPN made it happen. Now that a HBCU actually beat a perennial mainstay in the FCS polls in a de facto home game, the narrative has changed to "now do it in the playoffs". Wanna shut people up? Actually schedule the games instead of this "holier than thou" that many of the alums on here have towards HBCUs. JSU had that same mindset until A&T started laying that lumber on them

Whether yall playoff lovers know it or not, the SWAC and MEAC are already ahead of the curve as far as ESPN created games for viewership (A&T winning the CB is what got them the game against JSU). Let's see how many of your school's ADs are gonna turn down a Week Zero or bowl game on ESPN/ESPN2 versus playing for a national title that pretty much no one outside of this board cares about.

katss07
August 26th, 2018, 06:11 PM
And I come back to the thread and Sam has been brought into this. I thought this thread would be Bearkats talk free. Nada.

major095
August 26th, 2018, 06:44 PM
NDSU beat the defending B12 Champion at their freaking place in 100 degree heat. Watch the game, see who was breathing hard at the end. Big swing and miss.
says the person who never set foot in alabama, florida et al in september. good try though.

see that you weren't the only one. it is cute that many of you think that hot in kansas is the same as hot in alabama, florida, or louisiana. y'all should ask someone....bless your heart.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 26th, 2018, 06:51 PM
says the person who never set foot in alabama, florida et al in september. good try though.

see that you weren't the only one. it is cute that many of you think that hot in kansas is the same as hot in alabama, florida, or louisiana. y'all should ask someone....bless your heart.

While in my beloved Marine Corps I ran an 18:00 three mile in Pensacola in July. So you can suck a big fat juicy one. Stop pretending like you live in the lowest level of hell. Well..... it is alabama, mississippi and florida. I take it back, what a **** hole.

Lorne_Malvo
August 26th, 2018, 06:58 PM

So you want NDSU to play outside in November? You think that would be fair to Southern Teams?

R.A.
August 26th, 2018, 07:00 PM
I predict the MEAC will win two or more FBS contests this season.

Also, I predict that the MEAC will finish close to or above .500 versus non HBCU FCS teams this season. (At the moment, we're 1-0).

I predict the MEAC will gain at least one At- Large Bid, and perhaps two at-large bids into the FCS playoffs.

I predict that one of the MEAC's playoff teams will be the Howard Bison.

Finally, I predict that the MEAC will win two post- season contests this season, one will be a playoff contest, and the other will be the Celebration Bowl.

Derby City Duke
August 26th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Congratulations to the Aggies; having watched the replay of the bulk of the 2nd half this morning, I made the correct decision to take my wife upstairs. I also found out that it is possible to overcome the effects of hormone therapy...

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 07:31 PM

I worked in New Orleans for the entire month of August when I was 16 through 2nd Harvest and volunteering at the Kinglsey House. I am going to tell you for a fact, that the Midwest summer heat/humidity is WORSE than the South's. Stop trying to pretend you know what you are talking about.

And for proof:

https://scontent.ffcm1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1923894_25002501638_4324_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4028e694ab24aa1d6645496748af846f&oe=5C2F80DE

For reference, I am the awkward kid on the far left.

Bison56
August 26th, 2018, 07:43 PM
My dad can beat up your dad.

TheRevSFA
August 26th, 2018, 07:44 PM
I worked in New Orleans for the entire month of August when I was 16 through 2nd Harvest and volunteering at the Kinglsey House. I am going to tell you for a fact, that the Midwest summer heat/humidity is WORSE than the South's. Stop trying to pretend you know what you are talking about.

And for proof:

https://scontent.ffcm1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1923894_25002501638_4324_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4028e694ab24aa1d6645496748af846f&oe=5C2F80DE

No, it’s not

(not you in the photo, i mean Midwest summer being worse than the south)

JSUSoutherner
August 26th, 2018, 07:48 PM
403 yds to 148 yds? Offense isn’t your problem....turnovers....get those under control and JSU should recover. Nca&t offense just did enough to win.

We also went 1-11 on third down. Our offense is a problem.

PantherRob82
August 26th, 2018, 07:49 PM
My dad's hotter than your dad...wait, I think I mixed arguments here...

PantherRob82
August 26th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Nope. Yall are just your usual prick selves over here steady moving the damn goal posts and disrespecting the hell out of HBCUs.

It's been "put us on the schedule" for years and ESPN made it happen. Now that a HBCU actually beat a perennial mainstay in the FCS polls in a de facto home game, the narrative has changed to "now do it in the playoffs". Wanna shut people up? Actually schedule the games instead of this "holier than thou" that many of the alums on here have towards HBCUs. JSU had that same mindset until A&T started laying that lumber on them

Whether yall playoff lovers know it or not, the SWAC and MEAC are already ahead of the curve as far as ESPN created games for viewership (A&T winning the CB is what got them the game against JSU). Let's see how many of your school's ADs are gonna turn down a Week Zero or bowl game on ESPN/ESPN2 versus playing for a national title that pretty much no one outside of this board cares about.

Wanna shut people up? Play in the playoffs. If not, don't be surprised if no one puts your teams in consideration for the Top 10.

It's great that NCAT beat them, but they are a perennial playoff team because they are in a one bid conference.

We all know and acknowledge HBCUs can draw some eyes and some crowds, but let's not mix conversations about the best teams and the money draw/party.

I'm totally down with the HBCUs. I love watching videos of the bands and tailgate atmosphere, but I give them the same skepticism I give the Ivy League, Patriot, Pioneer, OVC and sometimes even the Southland when teams have gaudy records but play an insular schedule.

lionsrking2
August 26th, 2018, 08:17 PM

And for proof:

You've lost your mind.

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 08:18 PM
No, it’s not

(not you in the photo, i mean Midwest summer being worse than the south)

With the Minnesota state bird being the Mosquito and the unbearable humidity that comes with the flatest part of America, I'd take the south for better weather VS the Great Plains/Midwest any day.

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 08:18 PM
You've lost your mind.

Keep telling yourself that, but you are beyond wrong.

lionsrking2
August 26th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Keep telling yourself that, but you are beyond wrong.

Okay pal, you're right. Minnesota is hotter than the deep south. Not even close. What was I thinking.

Daytripper
August 26th, 2018, 08:25 PM
My dad can beat up your dad.

Yes he can, MFer...
https://media0.giphy.com/media/Mncf1gfgWrnpe/giphy.gif

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Okay pal, you're right. Minnesota is hotter than the deep south. Not even close. What was I thinking.

Until you have survived a Minnesota humid summer, you have no idea what you are talking about. I spent time in the South and I'd take that over a Minnesota summer any day.

Daytripper
August 26th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Until you have survived a Minnesota humid summer, you have no idea what you are talking about. I spent time in the South and I'd take that over a Minnesota summer any day.

Uh, no. You northerners know a lot, but you don't know hot and humid like we do. Your vacation holds no legitimacy to living here your entire life. I'm not saying NDSU can't handle the heat, but don't pretend North Dakota/Minnesota summers compare to the deep south..

McNeese75
August 26th, 2018, 08:43 PM

Out of curiosity, give us the name of a city in Minnesota or ND that the average temps are higher than N.O. Birmingham, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, etc

Sammy94
August 26th, 2018, 08:53 PM
You should spend the week of winter here in Texas. I’m sure it’s colder here. xeyebrowx

OL FU
August 26th, 2018, 08:54 PM

Considering how cold it is in the winter, then I am glad I live down heah.-:)

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 26th, 2018, 08:58 PM
I'm not a crazy person saying MN/ND is hotter or more humid. However, as most people should know water is an excellent moderator of temperature which is why the farther inland you go you have much larger swings in temp over the seasons. All I was really saying is that NDSU does an excellent job with hydration and really game plans for it with superior strength and conditioning as well. Not worried at all about playing down south.

dgtw
August 26th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Thank goodness we play in a crap conference or we wouldn’t hit .500. Too many penalties and stupid mistakes.

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 09:02 PM
Out of curiosity, give us the name of a city in Minnesota or ND that the average temps are higher than N.O. Birmingham, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, etc

You do realize temperature is not everything? Our dew point is consistently in the 60s without even trying. Go to Arizona. 100F that is dry is better than 90F and 99% humidity with a dew point near or above 70.

ST_Lawson
August 26th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Can Minnesota be as bad at times as the deep south in the middle of summer...yes...the US dew point record was set in Wisconsin and Minnesota has come really close plenty of times.
FL/MS/GA in August sucks too...spent more than just a vacation here or there in those areas.
Texas in July also sucks...less humid but stupid hot.
Upper Midwest in August can suck, when we're getting a heat wave (like now...now sucks), because it can get just as bad here as it does near the gulf coast.
We at least get breaks from it every now and then. The south doesn't until probably October.

Then again, January in the upper midwest sucks because your skin hurts (if you're dumb enough to expose any of it) until it goes completely numb and your nose hairs all freeze together.
January in the south though...that's usually pretty nice.

I'm just saying that for a well-conditioned football team (which NDSU is) spending a few days in the deep south in weather in the 90s that feels like 100+ with high humidity is not really going to phase them. When I was college-aged, I spent a few weeks every summer doing a physically demanding activity in the south and I've experienced days like that where we spent pretty much the entire day outside in the sun. I'm sure that the vast majority of DI college football players are in better shape than I ever was when I was their age, so they can handle it if they're smart.

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 09:05 PM
You should spend the week of winter here in Texas. I’m sure it’s colder here. xeyebrowx

Actually it has been. Fargo hit 60F during one of the championship games. I remember cause we were outside drinking in our shorts while our team smacked yours uo and down the field.

https://blogs.mprnews.org/updraft/2012/01/unprecedented_warmth_records_s/

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Uh, no. You northerners know a lot, but you don't know hot and humid like we do. Your vacation holds no legitimacy to living here your entire life. I'm not saying NDSU can't handle the heat, but don't pretend North Dakota/Minnesota summers compare to the deep south..

Is this related to all your supposed "Southern Speed", cause if it is, I need to know where I can get some.

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2018, 09:10 PM

I have never felt colder than I have in TX. That high humidity, cold and then add the wind??? It chills you to the bone. Ive deer hunted in 15 below zero and not felt that cold.

TheKingpin28
This has been fun and all, but you people take the bait so easily so I had to roll with the freebies.

Don't get me wrong, Fargo summers are damn near unbearable, but the south does suck. I'll give you all the edge on that, but it is way closer than you think. Take this from someone who has, according to some people who lack geography, lived in Southern Canada for 7 years, 18 years in the People's Republic of Minnesota, and summer(s) down in the south.

katss07
Not only do MVFC fans know everything about good ole pigskin, they are now also meteorologists.

Daytripper
August 26th, 2018, 09:15 PM
This has been fun and all, but you people take the bait so easily so I had to roll with the freebies.

Don't get me wrong, Fargo summers are damn near unbearable, but the south does suck. I'll give you all the edge on that, but it is way closer than you think. Take this from someone who has, according to some people who lack geography, lived in Southern Canada for 7 years, 18 years in the People's Republic of Minnesota, and summer(s) down in the south.

It's not close.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2018, 09:17 PM

see that you weren't the only one. it is cute that many of you think that hot in kansas is the same as hot in alabama, florida, or louisiana. y'all should ask someone....bless your heart.I have been to Florida in June, had a weeks worth of outdoor equipment training, it was a mother****er. Been to the Ozarks in June, played golf in 90 degree 90% humidity, it was a mother****er. I am not a trained college athlete but the guys at NDSU are and they would roll any of those teams you threw out there, regardless of the venue. The strength and conditioning program at NDSU is second to none in the nation at the FCS level. These guys don't lose games because they aren't in condition. The Bison teams also have depth that is not really seen at the FCS level. I recognize that NCAT got a nice victory over JSU, JSU is not NDSU, that is pretty clear.

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 09:22 PM
It's not close.

Oh, you're right, it's more like almost every loss your team has been in, in the playoffs. That makes more sense.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Until you have survived a Minnesota humid summer, you have no idea what you are talking about. I spent time in the South and I'd take that over a Minnesota summer any day.I don't think so, for some stupid reason, we scheduled a couple company meetings in June in Florida and the Ozarks. He had northern guys dropping like flies golfing one day, I made it through because I am awesome but it was like the Bataan death march. We had a guy pass out underneath a swather in a hay field in Florida during the summer, the fire ants got to him, you couldn't give me that place in the summer time.

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2018, 09:24 PM
I have never felt colder than I have in TX. That high humidity, cold and then add the wind??? It chills you to the bone. Ive deer hunted in 15 below zero and not felt that cold.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28577&stc=1
Frisco last year when we pulled in to fill up with gas. Couldnt wash the wind shield because everything was froze.

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 09:24 PM
I don't think so, for some stupid reason, we scheduled a couple company meetings in June in Florida and the Ozarks. He had northern guys dropping like flies golfing one day, I made it through because I am awesome but it was like the Bataan death march. We had a guy pass out underneath a swather in a hay field in Florida during the summer, the fire ants got to him, you couldn't give me that place in the summer time.

Ozarks are in the Midwest though? Only the strong survive and that is why I would have packed a person airfan that can fit in my pocket.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Out of curiosity, give us the name of a city in Minnesota or ND that the average temps are higher than N.O. Birmingham, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, etcIt gets hot up here but the humid is the big difference. You get in central and western ND and there really is no humidity. I can handle heat but the humidity is what ****s up us northerners. Hell, we had a meeting in Memphis once in the summer and I about died waiting for the hotel shuttle to get me the hell out of the airport.

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2018, 09:27 PM
It's not close.

Ever been to Fargo, MN? WI in the summer? If not how do you know?
Ive been to Fla, AL, TX. I lived in AR for over 20 years. They all suck in the summer.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Ozarks are in the Midwest though? Only the strong survive and that is why I would have packed a person airfan that can fit in my pocket.It was the south, it took the guys down there an hour to tell a 5 minute story, that is how I gauge where I am at.

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2018, 09:35 PM
It was the south, it took the guys down there an hour to tell a 5 minute story, that is how I gauge where I am at.

So you learned what the word visit means. :D

BisonFan02
August 26th, 2018, 09:37 PM
I've traveled on business across the country during all times of year like the POD.....its a different animal in the SE part of the country during the summer. But is it something that NDSU wouldn't be prepared for? Absolutely not....they've done it before. Its not like NDSU doesn't have FL guys (cough, Bruce Anderson, cough) on the roster either. Talent is talent and conditioning is conditioning......strap em up.

POD Knows
August 26th, 2018, 09:38 PM
So you learned what the word visit means. :DThings move a lot slower down there and people talk slower, I had to discipline myself to keep from finishing peoples sentences.

TheKingpin28
August 26th, 2018, 09:39 PM
It was the south, it took the guys down there an hour to tell a 5 minute story, that is how I gauge where I am at.

Are you sure it wasn't a Minnesota goodbye?

POD Knows
August 26th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a Minnesota goodbye?OMG, touche, those things take forever. It takes my wife an hour to say goodbye when we are leaving someplace.

dewey
August 26th, 2018, 09:49 PM

I have limited experience with the deep South but I have been down South of New Orleans near Plaquemines Parish 3 years ago in late July and my lord it was oppressive.

I will take Minnesota over that any day of the week.

Dewey

TheRevSFA
August 26th, 2018, 09:52 PM
I’d just like to point out that it’s almost 10pm and our heat index is 95

TheRevSFA
August 26th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Also I’ll never take anyone from Minnesota seriously thanks to “duck, duck, gray duck”

Derby City Duke
August 26th, 2018, 10:03 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28577&stc=1
Frisco last year when we pulled in to fill up with gas. Couldnt wash the wind shield because everything was froze.

19 degrees at the kickoff of JMU-YSU in Frisco. 15 when I left Irving at 7:30 that morning. I'm staying out of the rest of this discussion...

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2018, 10:06 PM
I’d just like to point out that it’s almost 10pm and our heat index is 95

Time to go fishing.

Bisonoline
August 26th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Also I’ll never take anyone from Minnesota seriously thanks to “duck, duck, gray duck”

We too and I live there.

Redbird 4th & short
August 26th, 2018, 10:58 PM

congrats to NCAT on their win ... but there are way more data points to consider. And we'll see how rest of season goes for JSU.

As for the statement that NDSU would struggle in the southern heat against teams like Grambling or Beth Cook .. utterly ridiculous. You don't think they know how to prepare to play in hot weather ? You don't think they are one of the best conditioned teams in FCS .. and smart enough to figure out how to contend with heat. You don't think they could simply take their sweet time and run it down their throats with a bunch of 6+ min drives all game long, tiring out Grambling and Beth Cooks defenses, while their own rested. It would not be close .. no matter how hot.

The poster needed to pick a different team if he was trying to make a valid point. But he decided to pick NDSU .. odd choice and ridiculous statement.

edit: just confirmed in 2013 they beat 8-5 Kansas St, ranked in top 25 in FBS, at their place in 98 degree weather with 3 mph wind.

dewey
August 26th, 2018, 11:40 PM
congrats to NCAT on their win ... but there are way more data points to consider. And we'll see how rest of season goes for JSU.

As for the statement that NDSU would struggle in the southern heat against teams like Grambling or Beth Cook .. utterly ridiculous. You don't think they know how to prepare to play in hot weather ? You don't think they are one of the best conditioned teams in FCS .. and smart enough to figure out how to contend with heat. You don't think they could simply take their sweet time and run it down their throats with a bunch of 6+ min drives all game long, tiring out Grambling and Beth Cooks defenses, while their own rested. It would not be close .. no matter how hot.

The poster needed to pick a different team if he was trying to make a valid point. But he decided to pick NDSU .. odd choice and ridiculous statement.

edit: just confirmed in 2013 they beat 8-5 Kansas St, ranked in top 25 in FBS, at their place in 98 degree weather with 3 mph wind.

That game winning drive against Kansas State in 2013 was a soul destroying 18 play 80 yard drive to seal the win for NDSU....but there is no way NDSU could do that to a southern team on a hot day...LOL!

As I have said before congratulations to North Carolina A&T for the big win. I bet JSU is seeded come playoff time.

Dewey

Cocky
August 27th, 2018, 06:43 AM
Couple of things:
We cant get 3 -4 yds up the middle when needed, like a good team should.
Jacksonville avg a high of 89 in July and August about the same as Greensboro. Not a good excuse for us.
NDSU speed is nowhere near Southern Speed. Tell me the last time your center left before the ball was snapped? Thats Southern Speed and both teams had it.

Professor Chaos
August 27th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Late to the party since I was on the road this weekend but no matter how ugly it was this was a big win for A&T deserving of some kudos. I'd take an ugly win over any kind of loss every time. Just win.

As for the rankings I wouldn't write off JSU completely, they did dominate the game statistically. If they clean up the penalties, turnovers, and special teams miscues they're obviously a good team. I suspect they'll still be ranked in my top 25 ballot next Sunday but at the very least they'll be on my watch list and in my ballot if they show they can clean up those mistakes in their next game. As for A&T I'd say at this point in the season where many teams are still untested they deserve top 10 consideration. I applaud them for scheduling a team like JSU (which they have no obligation to do since they can make the Celebration Bowl regardless of their OOC schedule). Regardless what you think of JSU I think A&T will have shown more in their first game than a majority of ranked FCS teams will have by the end of next weekend. Give them a look at least in your top 10 and don't get too biased by the eye test unless you watched the games of every other team in your top 10 next weekend and still see the same thing.

Laker
August 27th, 2018, 06:46 AM

I just threw a hotdish at the screen after reading that................

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 08:53 AM
https://twitter.com/TheYardHBCU/status/1033784680980656131

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Beating JSU is a big deal because they have essentially lived in the top 10 for years. The MEAC rarely gets a shot at pitting their best team against other playoff calibre opponents.

For a long time, the MEAC champ would go get blasted in the first round of the FCS playoffs. This was big for their conference to go on the road and win against perennial top 10 program.

Can anyone remember the last time a MEAC team beat a top 10 FCS/1AA team?

Thundar
August 27th, 2018, 09:08 AM
last several pages has to be the dumbest argument on the internet...climates in regions and which is better...lol

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Sorry it took me so long to post this, I had to prep and host a surprise sweet 16 party for the daughter last night....40 teens in my house!

So, I need to man up and admit I was wrong. Congrats to Dudley University....errr A&T. They did what they needed to do and got the win. Life in my universe would have been much easier if they would have just laid down and let JSU thump them by 20....as I said before, this was not only big for NCAT, but SWAV/MEAC football too. Maybe you guys are improving as a whole, I don’t know....but I do know that A&T is a top 15 program and has the talent to match up and give a game to anybody in FCS (sans those two or 3 teams nobody can toe up against) on Any Given Saturday.

And JSU will get better as they go through the next 10 weeks of OVC scrimmages.

It's plenty of High Schools in NC that run from Dudley too

Serpentor
August 27th, 2018, 10:13 AM
This. The AGS pollsters placed JSU where they are in the standings. It's hypocritical to come in after the fact and belittle the NCAT win because of the opponent.

But that would require AGS pollsters to admit they're capable of being wrong, and that's not happening...

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 10:14 AM
But that would require AGS pollsters to admit they're capable of being wrong, and that's not happening...
I ranked JSU like 6th or 7th.

They're out.

Boom. It happened.

Serpentor
August 27th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Is this related to all your supposed "Southern Speed", cause if it is, I need to know where I can get some.

You're defending the idea that summers in North Dakota and Minnesota are more miserable then the ones in Texas. That's the hill you're wanting to die on...

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2018, 10:21 AM
You're defending the idea that summers in North Dakota and Minnesota are more miserable then the ones in Texas. That's the hill you're wanting to die on...If you read the thread I was going fishing as I knew it would be too easy.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 10:28 AM
If you read the thread I was going fishing as I knew it would be too easy.

#TheMoreYouKnow

You can't say all that **** that you did then say "lol jk, t'was fishing with troll bait."

That's not how this works, that's not how ANY OF THIS WORKS!

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2018, 10:30 AM
You can't say all that **** that you did then say "lol jk, t'was fishing with troll bait."

That's not how this works, that's not how ANY OF THIS WORKS!If you or anyone honestly believed for a minute I thought that, then I genuinely feel bad that they could not tell I was being sarcastic. So yes, yes you can do that. That is how it works.

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 10:41 AM
What's Hilarious that a team that has this history over the last 5 years and has won 4 in a row conference champs loses and now it's not a big deal. Bwhahaaha you guys are hilarious. Jax State is a top 10 program year in and out. could be argued top 5 or 3

17 - 10- 2
16 - 10-2
15 - 13-2
14- 10 -2
13 - 11-4

Cocky
August 27th, 2018, 10:46 AM
I ranked JSU like 6th or 7th.

They're out.

Boom. It happened.
I had JSU 15th and A&T 9th. Not sure where either will be next time, until the other games are complete. Hard to envision JSU not going down if not out of the poll.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 10:48 AM
What's Hilarious that a team that has this history over the last 5 years and has won 4 in a row conference champs loses and now it's not a big deal. Bwhahaaha you guys are hilarious

17 - 10- 2
16 - 10-2
15 - 13-2
14- 10 -2
13 - 11-4

Name two good teams JSU has beat since our title run.

Bison56
August 27th, 2018, 10:48 AM
What's Hilarious that a team that has this history over the last 5 years and has won 4 in a row conference champs loses and now it's not a big deal. Bwhahaaha you guys are hilarious

17 - 10- 2
16 - 10-2
15 - 13-2
14- 10 -2
13 - 11-4

To be fair it is really hot.

3rd Coast Tiger
August 27th, 2018, 10:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NrYxSsv.jpg

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 10:52 AM
To be fair it is really hot.
Fun fact: the average temperature in JSU stadium in November is 40-60 degrees hotter than Death Valley in July.

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Fun fact: the average temperature in JSU stadium in November is 40-60 degrees hotter than Death Valley in July.
Are you talking about Death Valley, California?? If so, I think you are wrong. The average temp in Death Valley was 108 this past July. Or are you trolling like Kingpin pretended he was.

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 10:58 AM

Coastal in 16
Austin Peay 17

FargoBison
August 27th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Coastal in 16
Austin Peay 17

What?

I'll give you Coastal but Peay didn't even make the playoffs and every FCS team with a pulse makes the playoffs.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 11:06 AM
What?

I'll give you Coastal but Peay didn't even make the playoffs and every FCS team with a pulse makes the playoffs.

I barely want to conceed Coastal. I think most Chanticleer fans would also tell you that game was about as awfully played as Saturday all the way around by both teams. That Coastal game was a joke.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Are you talking about Death Valley, California?? If so, I think you are wrong. The average temp in Death Valley was 108 this past July. Or are you trolling like Kingpin pretended he was.
xrolleyesx

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 11:08 AM
So am i to understand that Jacksonville State is a joke in FCS and a win against them isn't a quality win?

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 11:09 AM
So am i to understand that Jacksonville State is a joke in FCS and a win against them isn't a quality win?
Pretty much.

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 11:11 AM

It's a win.

The jury is out if it was a good win, though. It's only week 0. We won't know anything until later in the year.

Also - we might not ever know because your guys goals are 100% different than ~80% of the FCS. Your teams goal is to make and win the Celebration Bowl.

WileECoyote06
August 27th, 2018, 11:19 AM

Man, the goalpost moving in here is ridiculous at this point. I'm glad that some posters are willing to give the Aggies their props. Underselling Jacksonville State to downplay the win is disrespectful to both programs.
JSU hasn't played in the championship game in three years. . . . well only two programs have played in the championship game more than once over the past three years. Maybe we ought to call NDSU, JMU SUPER ELITE. Then people will be okay with JSU just being regular elite.

FargoBison
August 27th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Beating JSU is a nice win but the problem for A&T is that it isn't any kind of a statement win, they have no way of backing it up in my eyes. Enjoy the celebration bowl.

Panther88
August 27th, 2018, 11:25 AM

Yes, exactly. Run quickly though! The goalposts to this "game" being played keep moving. At some point, they might crush you. lol Nice win for NCA&T, btw.

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Beating JSU is a nice win but the problem for A&T is that it isn't any kind of a statement win, they have no way of backing it up in my eyes. Enjoy the celebration bowl.

That's the plan , 12/15/18... Time to be on ABC again and get this check

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 11:40 AM
It's a win.

The jury is out if it was a good win, though. It's only week 0. We won't know anything until later in the year.

Also - we might not ever know because your guys goals are 100% different than ~80% of the FCS. Your teams goal is to make and win the Celebration Bowl.

So because we don't play in the playoffs, this win isn't important. Interesting. I thought beating a team that's 43-9 over the last 5 years and has 4 conf titles in a row was a Fantastic win.

I'm learning tho. Thanks for this lesson.

Serpentor
August 27th, 2018, 11:44 AM

Not going to lie JSUSoutherner, this turn toward depression of yours is kind of making me sad. And this coming from someone who watches his own team self-destruct in the playoffs every year not with anger, but instead with a perverse fascination.

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 11:53 AM
So because we don't play in the playoffs, this win isn't important. Interesting. I thought beating a team that's 43-9 over the last 5 years and has 4 conf titles in a row was a Fantastic win.

I never said it wasn't important. Not once. The jury is out waiting to see how NCAT and JSU turn out this year. Wtf is wrong with saying that?

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Not going to lie JSUSoutherner, this turn toward depression of yours is kind of making me sad. And this coming from someone who watches his own team self-destruct in the playoffs every year not with anger, but instead with a perverse fascination.

It's not depression. I'm pissed.

SU DOG
August 27th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Well I had A&T at #11 on my first poll, but JSU at #4. You have to admit though that many of the better FCS teams would have run JSU out of Crampton Bowl if they played that exact sloppy game against them. I think A&T has some real work to do on offense. This team didn't look like even a shadow of the team they fielded last year that I was so high on. Still, first game, underdog role, and a big win, so A&T should be considered well up in the ranks. As for JSU, I'm just not sure how far they should drop since they might have been given a much needed wakeup call. I will NOT drop the Gamecocks out of the top 20 for now - just my thinking.
BTW, I watched the Prairie View A&M game against Rice(and yeah you can say it was just Rice), but I was impressed with the Panthers.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Well I had A&T at #11 on my first poll, but JSU at #4. You have to admit though that many of the better FCS teams would have run JSU out of Crampton Bowl if they played that exact sloppy game against them. I think A&T has some real work to do on offense. This team didn't look like even a shadow of the team they fielded last year that I was so high on. Still, first game, underdog role, and a big win, so A&T should be considered well up in the ranks. As for JSU, I'm just not sure how far they should drop since they might have been given a much needed wakeup call. I will NOT drop the Gamecocks out of the top 20 for now - just my thinking.
BTW, I watched the Prairie View A&M game against Rice(and yeah you can say it was just Rice), but I was impressed with the Panthers.

We were also given Wake-up calls on the following dates:
January 9, 2016
December 3, 2016
December 2, 2017

And here we are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 12:10 PM
I never said it wasn't important. Not once. The jury is out waiting to see how NCAT and JSU turn out this year. Wtf is wrong with saying that?

Goalposts have been moved since the end of the game. You directly might not have but the thought of the board is this isn't important. All i know if JSU wins OVC, if we don't win our conference we will be a lock for an at large

WileECoyote06
August 27th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Goalposts have been moved since the end of the game. You directly might not have but the thought of the board is this isn't important. All i know if JSU wins OVC, if we don't win our conference we will be a lock for an at large

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth if that happens. xrotatehx

CockyGeek
August 27th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Haven't been here in a year and it's still the same old circlejerking. I'll take a 3 point loss against an undefeated team that should have been in the playoffs last year. We were one or two plays away from winning that game at the end. We're probably about to have another undefeated conference season + MVSU before we have to face Kennesaw.

Penalties aren't going to be addressed. It's obvious Grass doesn't care. It's the same guys every year doing the same things. He obviously has no control over the locker room. Turnovers will get fixed. Maybe we needed an early loss against an FCS team to get the guys in line.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Haven't been here in a year and it's still the same old circlejerking. I'll take a 3 point loss against an undefeated team that should have been in the playoffs last year. We were one or two plays away from winning that game at the end. We're probably about to have another undefeated conference season + MVSU before we have to face Kennesaw.

Penalties aren't going to be addressed. It's obvious Grass doesn't care. It's the same guys every year doing the same things. He obviously has no control over the locker room. Turnovers will get fixed. Maybe we needed an early loss against an FCS team to get the guys in line.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I think Cooper is a Stud

Panther88
August 27th, 2018, 12:28 PM

Surely you didn't expect different eh? C'mon man. You know the real deal.

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 12:38 PM

Sometimes , you gotta have hope lol

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 12:47 PM

They would rather the Devil piss gasoline on them than admit they were wrong.

Hell look at the past few pages arguing about climate rather than just give A&T their props

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 12:51 PM

Hell look at the past few pages arguing about climate rather than just give A&T their propsWho started the climate debate, you actually had a guy on this thread doubt that NDSU could beat BCU because of the heat.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 12:53 PM

Hell look at the past few pages arguing about climate rather than just give A&T their props

Hey I heard it might be fairly warm here next weekend. You guys gonna keep it within 40 this year?

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Who started the climate debate, you actually had a guy on this thread doubt that NDSU could beat BCU because of the heat.

We also had plenty of people on this board who played the hypothetical game of top tier HBCUs being able to compete with top tier FCS programs until a top tier FCS HBCU actually beat one.

So yeah until the other REAL FCS schools (plus the fake FCS schools like JMU and NDSU) get off their damn high horses and start doing home and home with the Grambling, A&T, Alcorn and NCCU of the worlds IN THE ELEMENTS then yeah we got the right to say whatever we want. I want to see if the fake FCS school NDSU can run for 200 yards on Grambling in the legendary Eddie Robinson Stadium in the FCS Kickoff or in late August/early September

Want to shut down this talk? Put em on the schedule.

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Hey I heard it might be fairly warm here next weekend. You guys gonna keep it within 40 this year?

Are you clowns gonna cry again when it was 14-7 late in the second quarter or will you move the damn goal posts as well like you did with A&T?

We KNOW your coach chokes in big games. Our coach hasn't coached one game so no one knows what we are working with until after Thursday

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 01:03 PM

I wonder why? HB​CU, maybe? Sadly that 100% is part of the reason for bias, whether people want to admit it or not.

Gil Dobie
August 27th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Key stat of the game was TOP, won by A&T.

Professor Chaos
August 27th, 2018, 01:05 PM
We also had plenty of people on this board who played the hypothetical game of top tier HBCUs being able to compete with top tier FCS programs until a top tier FCS HBCU actually beat one.

So yeah until the other REAL FCS schools (plus the fake FCS schools like JMU and NDSU) get off their damn high horses and start doing home and home with the Grambling, A&T, Alcorn and NCCU of the worlds IN THE ELEMENTS then yeah we got the right to say whatever we want. I want to see if the fake FCS school NDSU can run for 200 yards on Grambling in the legendary Eddie Robinson Stadium in the FCS Kickoff or in late August/early September

And until the SWAC and MEAC get off their pimp ESPN's **** and participate in the playoffs we've got the right to say whatever we want too. Want to shut down the talk? Put your best in the playoffs.

And I'd say NDSU is more accurately referred to as a Football Championship Subdivision team than the HBCU teams are.

POD Knows

Want to shut down this talk? Put em on the schedule. I would be all for it, we need more cupcakes early in the year.

JSUSoutherner
Are you clowns gonna cry again when it was 14-7 late in the second quarter or will you move the damn goal posts as well like you did with A&T?

We KNOW your coach chokes in big games. Our coach hasn't coached one game so no one knows what we are working with until after Thursday

He chokes big games, yes. But he's the undisputed cupcake king.

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 01:06 PM
https://twitter.com/HBCUSports/status/1034086405423722496

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 01:09 PM
And until the SWAC and MEAC get off their pimp ESPN's **** and participate in the playoffs we've got the right to say whatever we want too. Want to shut down the talk? Put your best in the playoffs.

And I'd say NDSU is more accurately referred to as a Football Championship Subdivision team than the HBCU teams are.

You do know that you are also standing on the corner with the FCS playoff coverage.

The only difference is that you are turning tricks for $5 and a King Deal from BK while we getting VIP passes and unlimited cash bar.

Thanks for playing though. Parting gifts are at the door

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2018, 01:09 PM

I'd assume that this would turn out just like when we played Mississippi Valley State a few years ago when you came to Fargo.

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2018, 01:11 PM

Laughable

Panther88
August 27th, 2018, 01:14 PM

That "pimp" actually promote(s/d) the little league world series more than it promotes the fcs playoffs. No thought required to think about how the "pimp" regards fcs playoffs. "Broadcasting tape-delayed on ESPN-Deportes" lol xlolx Right?

POD Knows
You do know that you are also standing on the corner with the FCS playoff coverage.

The only difference is that you are turning tricks for $5 and a King Deal from BK while we getting VIP passes and unlimited cash bar.

Thanks for playing though. Parting gifts are at the door We beat your broke ass program by 65 last year without even working up a sweat. I imagine if we went down your way we only win by 63 and probably sweat a little more.

JSUSoutherner
Key stat of the game was TOP, won by A&T.

Really?

1-11 on third down
14 penalties for 149 yards
4 turnovers

And you pick the TOP?

Panther88
August 27th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Sometimes , you gotta have hope lol

Please. You stand a better chance of donald trump inviting you to eat dinner w/ him @ the WH. lol

Gil Dobie
August 27th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Really?

1-11 on third down
14 penalties for 149 yards
4 turnovers

And you pick the TOP?

Was it all JSU's fault they were 1-11 on third down, or had 14-149 in penalties or 4 turnovers?

With the huge statistical disparity, JSU should have won TOP by a large margin. TOP is the one stat that surprised me.

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 01:28 PM
I'd assume that this would turn out just like when we played Mississippi Valley State a few years ago when you came to Fargo.It was last year but I am sure that MVSU is a lot better this year because NCAT beat JSU or something.

Professor Chaos
August 27th, 2018, 01:31 PM
That "pimp" actually promote(s/d) the little league world series more than it promotes the fcs playoffs. No thought required to think about how the "pimp" regards fcs playoffs. "Broadcasting tape-delayed on ESPN-Deportes" lol xlolx Right?
You're right and I view the Celebration Bowl system with a certain bit of jealously because it frustrates me how ESPN treats their exclusive rights contract to the FCS playoffs and it seems they value the Celebration Bowl more than they value the FCS playoffs.

That said I wouldn't trade the competitive aspect of the FCS playoffs for the extra cash that a postseason bowl insulated from all but 2 conferences provide. I also don't balance the athletic budget at my school so I have the luxury to look at it purely from a competitive standpoint.

If by turning tricks you mean making (very little) money off of an ESPN TV contract you're right but my point is that doesn't preclude NDSU from participating in the thing that gives the subdivision it's name. And don't flatter yourself with the VIP passes and unlimited cash bar. It's more like you get a couple free drink tickets. You're not in the VIP area... that's reserved for the real whores of college athletics.

ASU33
August 27th, 2018, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=Professor Chaos;2661224]You're right and I view the Celebration Bowl system with a certain bit of jealously

I'm glad you admitted it! You're not the only one that feels like this which is why we get the animus on this board that we get.

Redbird 4th & short
August 27th, 2018, 01:46 PM
What's Hilarious that a team that has this history over the last 5 years and has won 4 in a row conference champs loses and now it's not a big deal. Bwhahaaha you guys are hilarious. Jax State is a top 10 program year in and out. could be argued top 5 or 3

17 - 10- 2
16 - 10-2
15 - 13-2
14- 10 -2
13 - 11-4
Some perspective on each season. Note, OVC has not been competitive since 2013 when EIU was very good (Garapolo), and JSU has not lost a conference game since that since 2013. They made a nice run that season and OVC was certainly much better that year. But since 2013, they've been a 1 bid league .. and that 1 bid has lost 3 of last 4 years in 1st round of playoffs. Last year, Massey ranked them just 19th by season end, despite, 10-2 record .. reason being, their SOS ranks just 42nd in FCS. But all 3 years they went 10-2, they lost in 1st round of playoffs .. meaning they were a 1 loss team that couldn't get out of round of 16, except in 2015.

17 - 10- 2 .. Massey had them #19, 8-0 in OVC, 2-2 OOC, lost 1st round by 10 at home
16 - 10-2 .. Massey #7, 7-0 OVC, 3-2 OOC, lost 1st round by 16 at home
15 - 13-2 .. Massey #2, 8-0 OVC, 5-1 OOC, lost championship to NDSU by 27
14 - 10 -2 .. Massey #13, 8-0 OVC, 2-2 OOC, lost 1st round by 11 to SHSU .. who eventually lost by 32 to NDSU
13 - 11-4 .. Massey #12, 5-3 OVC, 6-1 OOC, lost in round of 8

This year ?? We shall see how JSU finishes season. Are they a top 10 program over prior 5 year period .. yes. Do they do well outside of OVC .... very mixed results. Are they trending up or down .. looks down to me.

Still a good win for NC A&T, but it doesn't yet mean they are top 10 .. by all accounts it was ugly game, and JSU outplayed NC A&T .. although made more mistales to lose.

p.s. why this game's outcome causes some to think NDSU would struggle to beat Beth Cook or Grambling on road in September .. mind boggling

Professor Chaos
August 27th, 2018, 01:48 PM
You're right and I view the Celebration Bowl system with a certain bit of jealously

I'm glad you admitted it! You're not the only one that feels like this which is why we get the animus on this board that we get.
Yeah, I can see where you guys are coming from but there's **** slung in both directions. What most seem to miss is that they're arguing apples and oranges when the great Celebration Bowl vs FCS Playoffs debate comes up. Financially the Celebration Bowl system is better. Competitively the FCS playoff system is better. I don't think that's debatable either way but we're naturally biased to our own schools so we each tend to focus on the aspect that our system excels at to prove that it's "better" and try to make the arguments interchangeable between both systems when they're not.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Was it all JSU's fault they were 1-11 on third down, or had 14-149 in penalties or 4 turnovers?

With the huge statistical disparity, JSU should have won TOP by a large margin. TOP is the one stat that surprised me.

I understand what you're getting at but in this case I feel TOP was a symptom, not a root cause. Yeah we outgained them 3 to 1 but we handed them first down after first down with penalties which helped them with TOP. Then we couldn't sustain drives, hence the 1-11. Most of our yards came in bulk or during HUNH siutations. The turnovers were turnovers.

Redbird 4th & short
August 27th, 2018, 02:12 PM

wow .. pass the koolaid.

Total Yards: 403 to 148 .. JSU

1st downs: 18 to 13 .. JSU

1st downs (excl by penalty): 16 to 7 ... JSU

Yards per Play: 5.8 to 2.1 ... JSU

NC A&T were only in this game because of penalties and fumbles. And now HBCU Sports thinks NC A&T might be best team in FCS ... how quicly we forget NDSU and JMU huh ??

The closer anyone looks, the stupider this debate looks in rare view mirror ... I didnt watch the game, but my gosh ... just look at the stats and get real !!!

Bisonator
August 27th, 2018, 02:12 PM
xlolx

Wow can they spin it! xlolx

ASU33
August 27th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I can see where you guys are coming from but there's **** slung in both directions. What most seem to miss is that they're arguing apples and oranges when the great Celebration Bowl vs FCS Playoffs debate comes up. Financially the Celebration Bowl system is better. Competitively the FCS playoff system is better. I don't think that's debatable either way but we're naturally biased to our own schools so we each tend to focus on the aspect that our system excels at to prove that it's "better" and try to make the arguments interchangeable between both systems when they're not.

I disagree. The ***** has been slung from one direction and what you get is a reaction from HBCU fans on the board. No matter what topic comes up on HBCU football you can bet a dollar to a dime that somebody will show up with a sly comment about the playoffs or "bad football". It doesn't matter what the discussion is. I have YET to see any HBCU fan show on any non HBCU topic and bring up the Celebration Bowl or anything else.

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Honest question to the MEAC guys on the board. Where would you put this year's NC A&T team against the 2016 squad?

http://www.ncataggies.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=593293&SPID=74503&DB_OEM_ID=24500&Q_SEASON=2016

Lorne_Malvo
August 27th, 2018, 02:27 PM
I disagree. The ***** has been slung from one direction and what you get is a reaction from HBCU fans on the board. No matter what topic comes up on HBCU football you can bet a dollar to a dime that somebody will show up with a sly comment about the playoffs or "bad football". It doesn't matter what the discussion is. I have YET to see any HBCU fan show on any non HBCU topic and bring up the Celebration Bowl or anything else.

Give me a break. This thread is a complete ****show now. Lock it down.

DEX
August 27th, 2018, 02:30 PM
wow .. pass the koolaid.

Total Yards: 403 to 148 .. JSU

1st downs: 18 to 13 .. JSU

1st downs (excl by penalty): 16 to 7 ... JSU

Yards per Play: 5.8 to 2.1 ... JSU

NC A&T were only in this game because of penalties and fumbles. And now HBCU Sports thinks NC A&T might be best team in FCS ... how quicly we forget NDSU and JMU huh ??

The closer anyone looks, the stupider this debate looks in rare view mirror ... I didnt watch the game, but my gosh ... just look at the stats and get real !!!

If you're going to try and support your argument with stats then I'd suggest you always begin with turnovers. By the way there was a reason JSU had four turnovers.

Hint: You might also want to include special teams performance.

semobison
August 27th, 2018, 02:34 PM
I had JSU at 14 and A&T at 25 in the preseason poll. After what I watched Saturday they will both be between 15 and 20 in my next poll.
Good win for The Aggies but it doesn't make them top 10. The Gamecocks haven't been top 10 since 2014. Sure they win their conference but that ain't saying much!

Professor Chaos
August 27th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Well, it happens. Whenever the debate comes up no matter what thread it's in there's some HBCU fans that refer to the FCS playoffs as (I'm paraphrasing here) a money pit that no one cares about just like there's some non-HBCU fans that refer to the Celebration Bowl as a money grab between bad football teams/conferences that can't cut it in the FCS playoffs. One side focuses on the financial/marketing aspect and the other focuses on the competitive aspect. Which one is better/more important? It's all in the eye and mind of the beholder.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 02:50 PM
I had JSU at 14 and A&T at 25 in the preseason poll. After what I watched Saturday they will both be between 15 and 20 in my next poll.
Good win for The Aggies but it doesn't make them top 10. The Gamecocks haven't been top 10 since 2014. Sure they win their conference but that ain't saying much!
We weren't top 10 when we shat down SHSU's throat?

Ouch.

semobison
August 27th, 2018, 02:58 PM
We weren't top 10 when we shat down SHSU's throat?

Ouch.

My bad, should have said 2015. We have won so many Natty's that I get the years mixed up!!

Milktruck74
August 27th, 2018, 03:00 PM
It's plenty of High Schools in NC that run from Dudley too

TRUTH!!!! I go back to the late 80/early90s....and basically the kids from Dudley just cross the street and move up a level...nothing wrong with that, its a pretty fertile recruitment ground!!!

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 03:01 PM

And leave good money on the table to prove something to people who really don't care about us anyway... Lol not a chance

Bisonoline
August 27th, 2018, 03:05 PM
As I have said before, NDSU should come to the deep south and show us how it's done then. Come play @ grambling in August/September. Play BCU in Orlando in Sept noon kickoff. That heat and humidity is an equalizer.

Grambling and BCU ?????Youre not serious. Youre trolling right????xnodx

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2018, 03:05 PM
I don't know about you guys, but when I think of "good money" and financially rich ADs....I think HBCUs. Yeah?

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 03:10 PM
My bad, should have said 2015. We have won so many Natty's that I get the years mixed up!!
That sounds terrible. How do you even cope? xsmhx

Bisonoline
August 27th, 2018, 03:13 PM

Dont give a **** about the coverage.Its all about playing in them.

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 03:13 PM
And leave good money on the table to prove something to people who really don't care about us anyway... Lol not a chance

They sound salty and SAD as hell.

Like we can't notice the slick shade/overt racism they have been posting on this board for years. We finally calling them out on the mess and they are still running with the goal posts.

JSU underestimated how physical A&T was and it cost them

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Dont give a ****

That's the average college football fan's mindset about the FCS playoffs.

And coming from a fan of a fake FCS school, this response is not surprising.

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 03:18 PM

And coming from a fan of a fake FCS school, this response is not surprising. If by fake, you mean completely awesome, thanks for the compliment. I would call you a pretend FCS school but that is too freaking easy, so I won't.

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 03:18 PM

You know we don't give a damn about them or their holy grail playoffs.

What they are seeing in this thread is HBCU fans have had enough of the dumb stuff and calling them out for it and they can't handle it.

Bisonoline
August 27th, 2018, 03:20 PM

And coming from a fan of a fake FCS school, this response is not surprising.

Again dont care what other fans think of FCS.

One thing I have learned is the lack of interest in the playoffs is directly proportional to whether your team is participating or not. Now when was the last time your team was in the playoffs or was relevant for that matter?

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 03:21 PM

Like we can't notice the slick shade/overt racism they have been posting on this board for years. We finally calling them out on the mess and they are still running with the goal posts.

143 yards of offense. Gosh. Couldn't handle them.

ASU33
August 27th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Back on topic! A&T won. End of story on with the rest of the season.

Bisonoline
August 27th, 2018, 03:22 PM
If by fake, you mean completely awesome, thanks for the compliment. I would call you a pretend FCS school but that is too freaking easy, so I won't.

xlolxxnodxxthumbsupx

Naia?

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Are you talking about Death Valley, California?? If so, I think you are wrong. The average temp in Death Valley was 108 this past July. Or are you trolling like Kingpin pretended he was.Wasn't pretending tho

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2018, 03:31 PM

What ****ing racism? Are you serious? You can make dumb posts like me for days and that is fine, but racist post? Proof, now.

Mayville Bison
August 27th, 2018, 03:36 PM

NDSU won't even travel 70 miles north of them and you want them to travel 1200?

McNeese72
August 27th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Wow! This string has turned into a big dumpster fire!!

I have always said in the past that preseason polls and ratings aren't worth the paper they are printed on and I don't participate in the AGS poll. The reason is I don't have time to do the research to be informed enough to be rating teams and the real time to evaluate teams is after the season is over.

Here is what I saw watching the game. NC A&T had a good win. JSU had a bad loss. Both teams didn't play particularly well and there were too many mistakes. But this was the first game of the season and teams make more mistakes in the first game than they will later on. Both teams will get better.

What does this game mean? Not much right now. That is a question that can be answered intelligently later on in the season.

It will be interesting to watch how both teams perform later on in the season.

Doc

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2018, 03:37 PM
NDSU won't even travel 70 miles north of them and you want them to travel 1200?We'd have to bring our hazmat suits and passports as we would be entering a foreign territory.

Derby City Duke
August 27th, 2018, 03:52 PM

We finish our home and home at Norfolk State on September 8th in Norfolk. Last year it didn't turn out so well for the Spartans in a 75-14 thrashing where the NSU offense scored 0 points (TDs on a KO return and fumble return). JMU put up over 700 yards of offense that day. Will we do that again? Doubtful, but we're playing in a MEAC school's stadium.

<Duke Dog dismounts his high horse>

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2018, 03:55 PM
We finish our home and home at Norfolk State on September 8th in Norfolk. Last year it didn't turn out so well for the Spartans in a 75-14 thrashing where the NSU offense scored 0 points (TDs on a KO return and fumble return). JMU put up over 700 yards of offense that day. Will we do that again? Doubtful, but we're playing in a MEAC school's stadium.

We usually start feeling bad for our MEAC/SWAC patsys by about the 3rd or 4th possession. The second half is a spring game and everyone is at the bar.

gregatim
August 27th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Back on topic! A&T won. End of story on with the rest of the season.

All that matters!! This has turned into most post game threads where an FCS school takes down an FBS school. A bunch of ifs and buts, but penalties, but turnovers, but the worst game we ever played....A&T won, end of story.

NDSU did a home at home with MVSU, played down there in 2007 I believe and MVSU returned the favor last year. I'd love to see more matchups with HBCU. Hell, if we are going to play Butler in Minneapolis why the hell can't we schedule more home and homes with other HBCU's? I would much rather see NDSU play a Grambling in Minneapolis than a Butler. I'm still going to the Butler game but Grambling would be a more interesting matchup and story line.

ASU33
August 27th, 2018, 04:08 PM
All that matters!! This has turned into most post game threads where an FCS school takes down an FBS school. A bunch of ifs and buts, but penalties, but turnovers, but the worst game we ever played....A&T won, end of story.

NDSU did a home at home with MVSU, played down there in 2007 I believe and MVSU returned the favor last year. I'd love to see more matchups with HBCU. Hell, if we are going to play Butler in Minneapolis why the hell can't we schedule more home and homes with other HBCU's? I would much rather see NDSU play a Grambling in Minneapolis than a Butler. I'm still going to the Butler game but Grambling would be a more interesting matchup and story line.

I agree!

ASU33
August 27th, 2018, 04:13 PM
We usually start feeling bad for our MEAC/SWAC patsys by about the 3rd or 4th possession. The second half is a spring game and everyone is at the bar.

You're not lying when you say Patsys. Mississippi Valley, Delaware State, and 3-8 Prairie View in 2012

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2018, 04:26 PM
You're not lying when you say Patsys. Mississippi Valley, Delaware State, and 3-8 Prairie View in 2012

Paycheck "body bag" games....They cost more than NEC or Pioneer teams now, or we would probably still be playing them. Absent a FBS game, I do like home/home agreements with Montana, Delaware, etc, but intentionally scheduling a tough OOC for NDSU isn't exactly needed with the conf schedule as it is.

Panther88
August 27th, 2018, 04:26 PM

Yep. Cannot deny it.

Professor
August 27th, 2018, 04:27 PM

And honestly , that's where all the personal fouls were coming from. JSU got frustrated early. I don't think they thought A&T could play with them , and when they did they became unglued. JSU has great talent but lacks discipline. That's what hurt them Sat

McNeese72
August 27th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Yep. Cannot deny it.

Prairie View is a hell of a lot better now. I would still like a home and home with PVAMU. Easy drive and I would like to check out their new stadium.

Doc

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 04:32 PM

I don't know. I've heard rumblings from MVSUs camp and they think they have a snowball's chance in hell because we lost to A&T.

Better look out. xdrunkyx

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Yep. Cannot deny it.

Carson Wentz mop up duty sighting. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ91cUbGnE

Panther88
August 27th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Prairie View is a hell of a lot better now. I would still like a home and home with PVAMU. Easy drive and I would like to check out their new stadium.
Doc

I thought PVAMU would've reached out to Mac for a home-and-home deal, like the former Astrodome deal we did. I thought the deal w/ Rice was a good one, considering the proximity. It's my understanding that next year, uofh has reached out for a deal, if the schedules mesh. I may be wrong but I don't think Rice will be contacting us for a game anytime soon lol.

Panther88
August 27th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Carson Wentz mop up duty sighting. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ91cUbGnE

Men playing against boys. The game was over 1min 27secs into the game. lol

Lets try that today (next year) w/ our new staffers and new direction. :D

ASU33
August 27th, 2018, 05:04 PM
I don't know. I've heard rumblings from MVSUs camp and they think they have a snowball's chance in hell because we lost to A&T.

Better look out. xdrunkyx

If you lose to MVSU just cancel the whole season and send Grass back to Oxford High

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 05:16 PM
If you lose to MVSU just cancel the whole season and send Grass back to Oxford High

https://twitter.com/chillin662/status/1033564096522842113

WileECoyote06
August 27th, 2018, 06:08 PM

Tweet-sta-chat strikes again

POD Knows
August 27th, 2018, 06:52 PM
I thought PVAMU would've reached out to Mac for a home-and-home deal, like the former Astrodome deal we did. I thought the deal w/ Rice was a good one, considering the proximity. It's my understanding that next year, uofh has reached out for a deal, if the schedules mesh. I may be wrong but I don't think Rice will be contacting us for a game anytime soon lol.:D Where you at the game? Holy crap.

DeltaDevil662
August 27th, 2018, 08:01 PM

If you gonna go around stalking my tweets, let me know. I'd rather deal with yall subliminal racism than someone stalking my damn tweets

Unlike yall FCS "experts" who couldn't name 3 guys on the All-SWAC 1st team if your life depended on it, us HBCU fans actually can follow a game objectively. A&T's defense was making him sail passes all night. That ain't Twitter hyperbole. That's a damn fact.

P.S. Yall cowards actually went and started another thread from the tweet in this one because you can't stand the heat and hate looking at yourselves wearing your hood in the mirror.

JSUSoutherner
August 27th, 2018, 08:09 PM
If you gonna go around stalking my tweets, let me know. I'd rather deal with yall subliminal racism than someone stalking my damn tweets

Unlike yall FCS "experts" who couldn't name 3 guys on the All-SWAC 1st team if your life depended on it, us HBCU fans actually can follow a game objectively. A&T's defense was making him sail passes all night. That ain't Twitter hyperbole. That's a damn fact.

P.S. Yall cowards actually went and started another thread from the tweet in this one because you can't stand the heat and hate looking at yourselves wearing your hood in the mirror.

I didn't stalk your tweets. I don't even have Twitter. This was posted on our board.

katss07
August 27th, 2018, 08:15 PM
​PLAYOFF LOVERS!

- - - Updated - - -

PLAYOFF LOVERS!

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2018, 08:21 PM

Still waiting for the proof of "racism". Don't throw around that term if you have nothing to back it up.

I have made it clear that I am high on Christmas this year and would love to have him on the Bison D next to Cox.

katss07
August 27th, 2018, 08:23 PM
I couldn’t name any SWAC players to be honest. I follow FCS Football.

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Still waiting for the proof of "racism". Don't throw around that term if you have nothing to back it up.

I have made it clear that I am high on Christmas this year and would love to have him on the Bison D next to Cox.
critical of the performance of a hbcu football team or a team that loses to one = racist

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 08:25 PM
I couldn’t name any SWAC players to be honest. I follow FCS Football.

Ditto...Same thing with Ivy Players

Lorne_Malvo
August 27th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Was waiting for the race card. Lol. This thread is as big of a dumpster fire as UNDs football program.

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Was waiting for the race card. Lol. This thread is as big of a dumpster fire as UNDs football program.

Is there a corollary to Godwin's Law for someone playing the race card?

Professor Chaos
August 27th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Ditto...Same thing with Ivy Players
Well you're obviously a bigot towards smart people then...

Schism55
August 27th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Well, it happens. Whenever the debate comes up no matter what thread it's in there's some HBCU fans that refer to the FCS playoffs as (I'm paraphrasing here) a money pit that no one cares about just like there's some non-HBCU fans that refer to the Celebration Bowl as a money grab between bad football teams/conferences that can't cut it in the FCS playoffs. One side focuses on the financial/marketing aspect and the other focuses on the competitive aspect. Which one is better/more important? It's all in the eye and mind of the beholder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCuaPUVFbzg

McNeese75
August 27th, 2018, 09:00 PM
xlolx
The win over JSU WAS a good win for A&T!!! (regardless of how bad JSU ****ed up - it happens, see McNeese vs Nicholls State last year and that was the difference in MSU sitting home and Nicholls going to the playoffs).

The south is ****ing hotter than the north!

NDSU would still win playing in the south this time of year.

cx500d
August 27th, 2018, 09:27 PM
xlolx
The win over JSU WAS a good win for A&T!!! (regardless of how bad JSU ****ed up - it happens, see McNeese vs Nicholls State last year and that was the difference in MSU sitting home and Nicholls going to the playoffs).

The south is ****ing hotter than the north!

NDSU would still win playing in the south this time of year.

I'm pretty sure, even though I wasn't there, that the game against K-state was 100+

TheKingpin28
August 27th, 2018, 09:28 PM
critical of the performance of a hbcu football team or a team that loses to one = racist

And they wonder why we call them out?

PantherRob82
August 27th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Wait, do you guys not cheer when the white guys on your team make plays and boo when a black guy on your team makes a play? Am I the only one? xcoffeex

ST_Lawson
August 27th, 2018, 09:41 PM
I'm pretty sure, even though I wasn't there, that the game against K-state was 100+

Manhattan, KS on 8/30/13 had a high of 102 (a record for that day), although by gametime that evening it had dropped all the way down to the mid-90's with a dew point of ~71 degrees (usually ~70 or higher is considered fairly "oppressive")

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ks/manhattan/KMHK/date/2013-8-30
(https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ks/manhattan/KMHK/date/2013-8-30)

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 27th, 2018, 10:05 PM
To say that JSU got "frustrated" and that was why they had so many Personal Foul penalties is just not the case. Frankly it's too bad they JSU played like such garbage because if it had been a cleaner game I think NC A&T would have gotten much more credit for the win. Everyone blaming the penalties on week 0 doesn't hold water. Sure maybe procedural stuff, Off sides, false starts, illegal formation, and the like. But that many PF's is just poor discipline and bad football.

Panther88
August 28th, 2018, 07:15 AM
A&T’ers, still seeking that “atta’ good boy” pat on the head? :D Did the goalposts stop moving yet? xlolx Helluva’ way to celebrate a W w/ those who historically bemoan why your school was selected to participate in their tourney system. :D

I’m going over there ——> as we prep for the “challenge” vs NCCU, sponsored wholly by Disney, inc. :D The positive vibes over there though...

McNeese72
August 28th, 2018, 07:45 AM
I thought PVAMU would've reached out to Mac for a home-and-home deal, like the former Astrodome deal we did. I thought the deal w/ Rice was a good one, considering the proximity. It's my understanding that next year, uofh has reached out for a deal, if the schedules mesh. I may be wrong but I don't think Rice will be contacting us for a game anytime soon lol.

Nope. I don't think Rice will be wanting a game with Prairie View anytime soon. We have tried to schedule both Rice and Houston for years with no luck. I think it has to do with us recruiting a lot in the SE Texas area. They don't want to take any chances with us.

Doc

Redbird 4th & short
August 28th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Manhattan, KS on 8/30/13 had a high of 102 (a record for that day), although by gametime that evening it had dropped all the way down to the mid-90's with a dew point of ~71 degrees (usually ~70 or higher is considered fairly "oppressive")

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ks/manhattan/KMHK/date/2013-8-30
(https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ks/manhattan/KMHK/date/2013-8-30)

Box Scores record weather conditions, I presume at start of game ... so box score said it was 98 degrees with 3 mph wind, clear skies ... and you can well imagine probably very humid.

Some other stats for game just for perspective on NDSU ground game against a top 25 FBS team ... huge advantage to have ground game (both offense and defense) in hot weather, cold weather, windy weather, rainy weather, snowy weather .... did I leave anything other than perfect weather out ??

Then look at time of possession advantage for NDSU ... 36 to 24. If their offense was gassed, it was because they were on the field all frickin game ... right ? Except for fact they won game in last minute by driving 80+ yards on 18 plays over an 8 min drive. Now who do you think was tired ??

But sure, Grambling and Beth Cook would show them how to play in hot weather and NDSU would run out of gas ... case closed, NDSU is paper lion in heat.

Dude .. you needed to pick another team to make your point ... try one outside the top 20.

Matchup
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2449.png&h=100&w=100
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2306.png&h=100&w=100

1st Downs

3rd down efficiency
10-17
2-10

4th down efficiency
1-1
1-2

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att
21-30
21-29

Yards per pass

Interceptions thrown

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Box Scores record weather conditions, I presume at start of game ... so box score said it was 98 degrees with 3 mph wind, clear skies ... and you can well imagine probably very humid.

Some other stats for game just for perspective on NDSU ground game against a top 25 FBS team ... huge advantage to have ground game (both offense and defense) in hot weather, cold weather, windy weather, rainy weather, snowy weather .... did I leave anything other than perfect weather out ??

Then look at time of possession advantage for NDSU ... 36 to 24. If their offense was gassed, it was because they were on the field all frickin game ... right ? Except for fact they won game in last minute by driving 80+ yards on 18 plays over an 8 min drive. Now who do you think was tired ??

But sure, Grambling and Beth Cook would show them how to play in hot weather and NDSU would run out of gas ... case closed, NDSU is paper lion in heat.

Dude .. you needed to pick another team to make your point ... try one outside the top 20.

Matchup

1st Downs

3rd down efficiency
10-17
2-10

4th down efficiency
1-1
1-2

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att
21-30
21-29

Yards per pass

Interceptions thrown

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

The stats in the Iowa Hawkeye game were worst, but it wasn't as hot that day which accounted for the Bison domination. I think Iowa had something like 42 yards rushing

Redbird 4th & short
August 28th, 2018, 08:44 AM
If you're going to try and support your argument with stats then I'd suggest you always begin with turnovers. By the way there was a reason JSU had four turnovers.

Hint: You might also want to include special teams performance.

agree all stats matter and will eventually help make sense of why a team won or lost. But I was responding directly to HBCU Sports ridiculous claim that this win is evidence that NC A&T may be the best team in FCS ... utterly stupid and homerism at it's worst. Further, if NC A&T is going to need to win with 4 to 1 advantage in turnover, plus the penalty stats, plus a 98 yard KR ..while getting outgained almost 3 to 1 when their offense/defense lines up 65+ plays per game ... good luck with that.

Need more relevant data points to prove yourselves.

Professor Chaos
August 28th, 2018, 08:45 AM
The stats in the Iowa Hawkeye game were worst, but it wasn't as hot that day which accounted for the Bison domination. I think Iowa had something like 42 yards rushing
NDSU outgained Iowa in the 4th quarter of that game 126 to -9 (link (http://www.inforum.com/sports/4117589-kolpack-little-fcs-school-owns-another-fbs-program-fourth-quarter)).

Milktruck74
August 28th, 2018, 08:45 AM

Matchup

1st Downs

3rd down efficiency
10-17
2-10

4th down efficiency
1-1
1-2

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att
21-30
21-29

Yards per pass

Interceptions thrown

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

98 on turf is like 114....and there is not too much shade in a stadium.

Milktruck74
August 28th, 2018, 08:49 AM
I already admitted I was wrong about A&T and I feel they are a solid team that could compete with most teams in FCS. However, My 3-8 Mocs beat a top 10 Samford team and played to OT with another top 10 Wofford team last season....no way would I hang my hat on those two games and call my Mocs “elite” last year. Any given Saturday.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 08:51 AM
NDSU outgained Iowa in the 4th quarter of that game 126 to -9 (link (http://www.inforum.com/sports/4117589-kolpack-little-fcs-school-owns-another-fbs-program-fourth-quarter)).Was it hot in Iowa, I didn't get to that game, watched it in the Herd and Horns.

Professor Chaos
August 28th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Was it hot in Iowa, I didn't get to that game, watched it in the Herd and Horns.
No it was pretty cool since it was an early 11AM CT kickoff. IIRC it was high 60s when the game kicked off and low to mid 70s by the end. There wasn't a cloud in the sky though so the sun made it feel pretty warm in the stadium as the game went on... especially under the collars of those Hawkeye players/fans. xlolx

clenz
August 28th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Kinnick in Aug-Sept feels so much hotter than it is. I understand almost no outdoor stadium has shade but there’s something about that stadium, how tight it’s packed, and just something that makes it feel way worse than it is.

That place is a sardine can. It’s a 70k seat stadium in a footprint of a stadium that new 25k seat stadiums fit into.

IBleedYellow
August 28th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Kinnick in Aug-Sept feels so much hotter than it is. I understand almost no outdoor stadium has shade but there’s something about that stadium, how tight it’s packed, and just something that makes it feel way worse than it is.

That place is a sardine can. It’s a 70k seat stadium in a footprint of a stadium that new 25k seat stadiums fit into.

Kinnick is an awesome stadium.

JSUSoutherner
August 28th, 2018, 10:37 AM
So I think Ive figured out why we lost...

It's cause JSU couldn't handle the deep southern heat.

WileECoyote06
August 28th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Boy this southern heat argument is a trigger. Duly noted and logged for future troll use.

JSUSoutherner
August 28th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Boy this southern heat argument is a trigger. Duly noted and logged for future troll use.

It's a surefire way to trigger any Bison fan. Along with "I think UND is good" and "QT > Casey's"

WileECoyote06
August 28th, 2018, 11:09 AM
It's a surefire way to trigger any Bison fan. Along with "I think UND is good" and "QT > Casey's"

Well until the Bison team finds its way to south in September, other fans can continue to taunt them. NDSU wouldn't have beaten Charleston Southern in North Charleston in 2016.

That's how it works right? xlolx

Professor
August 28th, 2018, 11:59 AM

Saw that as well. lol

Professor Chaos
August 28th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Oh there's way more than that. Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head....

"Football is meant to be played outdoors"
"It's easy for you to draw fans since there's no pro or P5 teams in your state"
"NDSU wouldn't be that good if they ever had to go on the road in the playoffs... thanks MVFC!"
"Why do you pronounce bye-son like there's a 'z' in it?"
"Something-something-something about how living in Fargo/ND sucks"
"We party/tailgate harder than NDSU fans do"
"I don't really like beer"
"I like my steaks well done"

clenz
August 28th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Kinnick is an awesome stadium.

You should see it now that the north end zone has been remodeled and it’s 80% done. Seat bag is fine but concessions and bathrooms and the video board and what not aren’t done for this year.

It used to look like this
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180828/4ad63d27383975656e694e4e223f416a.jpeg

It’s now this

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180828/76122044a9752cd64c8481a7955e2468.jpeg

Will be this when done.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180828/ab2c9e31e611547185ef5fb1c4f49f40.jpeg

JSUSoutherner
August 28th, 2018, 12:20 PM
"I like my steaks well done"

I didn't want to spend the next month and a half writing a novel.

I also think this one will trigger just about any normal, reasonable human being.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Boy this southern heat argument is a trigger. Duly noted and logged for future troll use.No, it isn't a trigger, it is idiocy that needs to be addressed, you guys think it is real, which is sad and pathetic.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Oh there's way more than that. Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head....

"Football is meant to be played outdoors"
"It's easy for you to draw fans since there's no pro or P5 teams in your state"
"NDSU wouldn't be that good if they ever had to go on the road in the playoffs... thanks MVFC!"
"Why do you pronounce bye-son like there's a 'z' in it?"
"Something-something-something about how living in Fargo/ND sucks"
"We party/tailgate harder than NDSU fans do"
"I don't really like beer"
"I like my steaks well done"LOL, and every one of those statements, except the first one, should be met with scorn and F bombs.

Redbird 4th & short
August 28th, 2018, 01:04 PM
NDSU outgained Iowa in the 4th quarter of that game 126 to -9 (link (http://www.inforum.com/sports/4117589-kolpack-little-fcs-school-owns-another-fbs-program-fourth-quarter)).

nice going Professor, you just blew up our whole argument ... NDSU only outgained Kansas St by 80 to 13 in Q4 when it got really hot. So the heat at Kansas St clearly took a toll on Bison compared to the Iowa game in played in 70 degree weather ... which not coincidentally is exactly where they set their thermostat in the Fargodome .. no wonder they can't play in cold weather either !!

xrotatehx

POD Knows
August 28th, 2018, 01:06 PM
nice going Professor, you just blew up our whole argument ... NDSU only outgained Kansas St by 80 to 13 in Q4 when it got really hot. So the heat at Kansas St clearly took a toll on Bison compared to the Iowa game in played in 70 degree weather ... which not coincidentally is exactly where they set their thermostat in the Fargodome .. no wonder they can't play in cold weather either !!

xrotatehxI figured science and stats would blow up this argument. Nice research Redbird

gsf23nd
August 28th, 2018, 01:14 PM

Talking about "southern speed" also gets us going.

BEAR
August 28th, 2018, 01:52 PM
What I got out of that game:

It was early season. What team has it all together this early. QB overthrows and Oline playing like swiss cheese.
Both teams were severly undisicplined. A team can play awful but weren't there like 5 unsportsmanlike flags by halftime? I lost count.
Preseason polls really don't mean much. The first one is based on what? Last season? A team's potential? Both?
It was ONE game. If both teams improve on that performance throughout the year then this game will be a memory.
ESPN loves their FBS news...

Redbird 4th & short
August 28th, 2018, 01:55 PM
I figured science and stats would blow up this argument. Nice research Redbird
yeah, but I really hate when I dig deeper and only prove myself wrong .. turns out, Bison can not take the heat.

New game strategy for our visit to cozy 70 degree confines of Fargodome this fall ... we're bringing our sideline heaters and putting them on your side !! Redbirds will bringing the heat this year ... Game f-ing over now !!!!

Lorne_Malvo
August 28th, 2018, 02:12 PM
yeah, but I really hate when I dig deeper and only prove myself wrong .. turns out, Bison can not take the heat.

New game strategy for our visit to cozy 70 degree confines of Fargodome this fall ... we're bringing our sideline heaters and putting them on your side !! Redbirds will bringing the heat this year ... Game f-ing over now !!!!

Doubt that you make it that far, but we will leave the doors open for you. :)

Redbird 4th & short
August 28th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Doubt that you make it that far, but we will leave the doors open for you. :)
Oh but I will let Spack know abut the heaters idea !!

Funny you say that .. but I was just in Fargo for first time last week. Got a new client I went to see. Really nice town and people. Even drove by campus .. couldn't help it since it is right next to airport. Fargodome was closed, but I did make it to parking lot. Now just have to drum up more business to justify another trip around Oct 19th (we play Oct 20).

Even stopped for a slice of pizza at Casey's nearby ... and embarrassed to admit it was actually pretty good. Only complaint is the crust had no spine ... being from Chicago area, I/we like a crust with some crunch that can hold it's shape under weight of everything else. Went with basics ... cheese and sausage. Stunned it actually tasted good ... not the gas station quality pizza I had always assumed .. just got to work on that crust !!

Bison56
August 28th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Oh but I will let Spack know abut the heaters idea !!

Funny you say that .. but I was just in Fargo for first time last week. Got a new client I went to see. Really nice town and people. Even drove by campus .. couldn't help it since it is right next to airport. Fargodome was closed, but I did make it to parking lot. Now just have to drum up more business to justify another trip around Oct 19th (we play Oct 20).

Even stopped for a slice of pizza at Casey's nearby ... and embarrassed to admit it was actually pretty good. Only complaint is the crust had no spine ... being from Chicago area, I/we like a crust with some crunch that can hold it's shape under weight of everything else. Went with basics ... cheese and sausage. Stunned it actually tasted good ... not the gas station quality pizza I had always assumed .. just got to work on that crust !!
Glad you enjoyed your time in Fargo. With ya on the crust I love it hard xnodx

AmsterBison
September 1st, 2018, 08:54 AM
Well, I finally watched the entirety of this game. I started watching with the idea that people were calling the game ugly because when two good defenses meet, it does look ugly - but that doesn't mean it's bad football (see NDSU v JMU last year.)

Sure enough, for the first quarter, both defenses were dominating (although JSU looked like it had the bodies but not the minds at times.) Still trying to figure out why the teams didn't call a running play until the third series.

By the end of the game, my mind was changed - that was brutally bad football. If you can't fix stupid, Jacksonville State is doomed. Sure, they didn't have much prep time and that really hurts transfer-loaded teams but still...

As for the Aggies - love their defense and wish they were going into the playoffs, but their offense did not look very good.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2018, 12:09 PM
Well, I finally watched the entirety of this game. I started watching with the idea that people were calling the game ugly because when two good defenses meet, it does look ugly - but that doesn't mean it's bad football (see NDSU v JMU last year.)

Sure enough, for the first quarter, both defenses were dominating (although JSU looked like it had the bodies but not the minds at times.) Still trying to figure out why the teams didn't call a running play until the third series.

By the end of the game, my mind was changed - that was brutally bad football. If you can't fix stupid, Jacksonville State is doomed. Sure, they didn't have much prep time and that really hurts transfer-loaded teams but still...

As for the Aggies - love their defense and wish they were going into the playoffs, but their offense did not look very good.

We have like 3 or 4 new transfers. We aren't transfer loaded. Hell, the transfers weren't even the ones racking up penalties.

Twentysix
September 1st, 2018, 05:04 PM
#1 reason why I rarely come over here...this is crazy. The narrative would have changed regardless of outcome.

When was Jax last lost at home against an FCS team? I thought it was like 4 years ago....Lol! :Facepalm: This game was not at JSU :Facepalm: it was at a neutral site :Facepalm:.

P.s. JSU lost :Facepalm: the last :Facepalm: game they played :Facepalm: at home :Facepalm:.

If you are going to just make **** up to try and puff up your win over JSU at least mention the fact that they won the last 2 Superbowls and a Stanley cup. :Facepalm:
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 1st, 2018, 05:09 PM
Why is this thread even still alive? A&T has a game against ECU now