PDA

View Full Version : Combine 'Fun'

TexasTerror
February 24th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Apparently 'Cal-Davis' is a Div II school...atleast that's what I learned when they were talking about OT Elliot Vallejo UC Davis.

And for the 'transfer crowd'...the only mention about Ben Patrick was that he was a transfer from Duke to Delaware when they listed him amongst the top 5 TEs in the NFL draft this year...

smallcollegefbfan
February 24th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Apparently 'Cal-Davis' is a Div II school...atleast that's what I learned when they were talking about OT Elliot Vallejo UC Davis.

And for the 'transfer crowd'...the only mention about Ben Patrick was that he was a transfer from Duke to Delaware when they listed him amongst the top 5 TEs in the NFL draft this year...

I heard that too. I am sure he meant to say a former D2 school. Small schools will never get the respect. People are going to focus on the top 100 players of the draft, which MIGHT include 3-4 non I-A players at the most. It is just a stigma they have to overcome. We all know that there are about 20 really good players a year who come out of the FCS ranks. The only problem is that major media outlets don't want to give those guys the attention they deserve.

smallcollegefbfan
February 24th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Most don't realize that NFL teams don't know much on each small schooler except for the regional scouts. They talked about it on NFL Network about how small school players who get a bad grade or at least non draftable grade from the one region scout don't get cross checked so several get overlooked each year.