PDA

View Full Version : Corey Dillion to Retire

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 23rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Corey Dillion announced he's asked for his release from the Patriots so he can retire. Says he's following the Tiki belief and wants to walk away healthy. This shouldn't hurt the Pats much as Maroney was going to be the featured back and Faulk at this point is as good of a compliment as Dillion is. Dillion will get some Hall of Fame consideration but i don't think he'll get in. With that said he was one of the most underrated RB's in the last 10 years. Being stuck with the dreadful Bengals didn't help.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2776090

Fresno St. Alum
February 23rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
WooHoo, I have Maroney in my Keeper league.

Peems
February 23rd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Corey Dillion announced he's asked for his release from the Patriots so he can retire. Says he's following the Tiki belief and wants to walk away healthy. This shouldn't hurt the Pats much as Maroney was going to be the featured back and Faulk at this point is as good of a compliment as Dillion is. Dillion will get some Hall of Fame consideration but i don't think he'll get in. With that said he was one of the most underrated RB's in the last 10 years. Being stuck with the dreadful Bengals didn't help.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2776090

He might not get consideration also because of his attitude, he was a downer and got in some trouble as a Bengal, but once he got to the patriots that all changed. Hey he did rush for the most yards ever in a game!

UNHWildCats
February 23rd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Apparently he has no intentions on retiring. His agent told ESPN he has offers to play for other teams next season where he would get more playing time.

The Pats are expected to release him by March 2. They were likely to release him anyway since hes due 4.4 million next season and they have Laurence Malroney now.

BigApp
February 23rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
so transparent it aint funny. Why do you have to be released to 'retire'...