PDA

View Full Version : Eakin to return

flea
February 22nd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Former Fordham Ram Kevin Eakin returns to the Galaxy after being allocated to Frankfurt today

Mr. C
February 22nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Interesting development. Eakin played with Richie Williams on the Hamilton Tiger Cats last season, the two quarterbacks backing up starter Kevin Maas. Maas had such a terrible season he is not expected to return and with Eakin going to NFL Europe, I wonder if that improves the chances of Wiliams becoming a CFL starter? Former Citadel coach Charlie Taaffe is now the head coach at Hamilton, which has a lot of former I-AA stars on its roster (including kick returner DaVon Fowlkes).

flea
February 23rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Eakin asked to be released to return to NFLE he's returning to Hamilton after the season. Or at least thats the plan

Mr. C
February 23rd, 2007, 12:43 AM
I would expect that Eakin would have a shot at an NFL camp after the NFL Europe season. I can't imagine him going back to Hamilton, particularly with a new staff on board and the fact that they are bringing another QB (former Hofstra star Rocky Butler).

Franks Tanks
February 23rd, 2007, 07:10 AM
I would expect that Eakin would have a shot at an NFL camp after the NFL Europe season. I can't imagine him going back to Hamilton, particularly with a new staff on board and the fact that they are bringing another QB (former Hofstra star Rocky Butler).

Eakin is better than Butler in my opinion

Mr. C
February 23rd, 2007, 01:45 PM
Which might be why Eakin is trying to go to the NFL, while Butler is in Canada.