PDA

View Full Version : Bain, Ball - Players to Watch at Combine

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
FoxSports.com included Bain of Hampton and Ball of New Hampshire as two 'Little-Known' players to watch at the forthcoming NFL combine. They also had Kevin Kolb of Houston on that list. Not sure how he ended up there, but that's another story...

Little-known players to watch

Travarous Bain, cornerback, Hampton — Bain transferred from Miami to Hampton in 2005, and he dominated the opposition at the Division I-AA level. Before he transferred Bain ran track at Miami, and if he uses that speed to put on a show at the combine, he can convince NFL coaches that he's ready to move directly from I-AA to the NFL.

David Ball, wide receiver, New Hampshire — At New Hampshire Ball broke several of Jerry Rice's Division I-AA receiving records. That makes him an interesting story, but it doesn't mean much to scouts. What would mean a lot to scouts is to see him prove that he has the athleticism needed to make it in the NFL. Straight-line speed in the 40 isn't necessarily the key for Ball; what would really impress scouts is showing the ability to change direction quickly with good times in the three-cone drill and the short shuttle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6490132

blackfordpu
February 25th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Sad how Ball broke all those records and is still listed as "little known." :nono:

MACHIAVELLI
February 26th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Reality check

bison95
February 26th, 2007, 11:32 AM
maybe if he caught the ball 1/2 the time yesterday, he would be better known today:(

UNH_ORACLE
February 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
How poorly did Dave do yesterday? Does anyone have an update?

Purple Pride
February 26th, 2007, 12:15 PM
How poorly did Dave do yesterday? Does anyone have an update?
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10021441

: smh :

UNHWildCats
February 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
8. David Bell New Hampshire 4.21

Doesnt appear David Bell did to well xidiotx

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 26th, 2007, 02:33 PM
That was 8th in his group for the shuttle drill, 16th over all. Plus they got his name wrong. "David Bell".

I heard he didn't jump at the combine.
I'm not sure if he was hurt or had planned not to jump.

andy7171
February 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM
He's got a quad injury.

Peems
February 27th, 2007, 04:00 PM
it appears that laurent robinson did very well:thumbsup:

grizband
February 27th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Cbssportsline had an article touting Ball despite his slow 40 time, saying that he makes up for it with amazing hands and big game ability.

Old Cat Fan
February 28th, 2007, 10:36 PM
That was 8th in his group for the shuttle drill, 16th over all. Plus they got his name wrong. "David Bell".

I heard he didn't jump at the combine.
I'm not sure if he was hurt or had planned not to jump.

It's a shame that he coudn't participate in the jumping drills, everyone knows he doesn't have speed but he would of raised some eyebrows with his leaping abilty :eyebrow:

Purple Pride
March 2nd, 2007, 07:50 AM
Bain and Ball should both go in the 4th-5th round.:nod: