PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs Nation

Johnny5
February 21st, 2007, 01:17 AM
I am not sure if this goes under FCS discussion or not...but in the Texas vs Nation football games how do players like Swogger and Mason end up on the Texas squad? Those are 2 big ones that stand out in my mind. Other students came from Missouri, Ohio, Indiana...it doesn't make sense...but maybe it doesn't have to? Perhaps it doesn't matter since the game was already played...but still

Keeper
February 21st, 2007, 01:22 AM
I think it was optional to the player if his hometown was
in Texas to play on the side of his choice. The insinuation
was that Texas produces most of the best players in the
nation.

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 07:11 AM
It's been discussed several times...on this board and others...

As players dropped out late, holes needed to be filled based on position. Several players not from Texas played on the Texas squad because of these holes.

It's what happens in these All-Star Games (members of teams split between North & South, universities in the far south on the North squad, etc)...nothing unusual...

OB55
February 21st, 2007, 10:02 AM
I watched the game, twice. I thought the teams at some point had to be balanced up for all to play and to make it more even. I thought it was an interesting mix of players around the country and different divisions.

Got a bit of a chuckle out of The Nations' HC Buddy Ryan, his comments, and total disregard for game rules.xlolx

Also noticed Texas went with WTAM QB Dalton Bell for most of their significant snaps.