PDA

View Full Version : What have you learned about other conferences or teams

GtFllsGriz
July 20th, 2005, 12:09 PM
What have you learned about other conferences or teams that you didn't know before the advent of this message board? I have found this median to be the best public ralations tool that a team could have based on the posts made by the fans. The board has also raised the intensity of interest in OOC games that we have played with many of your teams.

colgate13
July 20th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Good topic GtFlls!

Let's see...

I've learned that:

-the A-10 is a battle every year
-Delaware hates UMass; and vice versa
-mid-majors are people too
-there's more to the Southland than McNeese St.
-the number of I-AA teams drop off sharply at the Mississippi River
-Coastal Carolina is real hungry about their program
-Furman and Wofford are long lost Patriot League cousins
-They play I-AA football in California, and some of it's pretty good and getting better
-Some I-AA teams actually have domes!
-The SWAC can make some $ from their classics
-GSU can mean both Georgia Southern and Grambling
-Some schools tailgate REALLY well
-and most recently, Texas A&M Corpus Christi goes by the name of "Islanders"!

89Hen
July 20th, 2005, 12:23 PM
I learned that possible future I-AA and Southland member Texas A&M - Corpus Christi is on an island. :)

Sam_Kats
July 20th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Honestly, I've learned that there is no need to wish for a move to I-A anytime soon because there are fans all across the nation that take their I-AA football as serious as myself & many other Kat fans! Great site...and great post gate13! Hilarious!

Sam_Kats
July 20th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Not that I ever wanted to be I-A...just saying that there is a I-AA nation out there & this board is the hub for it all.

Eagle_77
July 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Wow great topic. While very interesting its kinda hard as well because of just how much I have learned. I think one of the biggest things is that I have learned the quality of our OOC games. Before I just new they had a history of being a good team or bad but now we really get a great insight as to who is on our schedule. I also consider this sight the number one media outlet for I-AA football even though the info might not always be offical. While we dont always agree it seems that everyone here is helpful in some way.

JMU Duke Dog
July 20th, 2005, 01:12 PM
After JMU's unforgettable cinderella season on the way to the 2004 national championship, I have learned that Delaware fans still think that the Blue Hens are the defending national champions.

Also, why is there a lack of Eastern Washington fans on AGS?

bluehenbillk
July 20th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I've learned that:
- there are a lot of schools that have very few vocal fans
- Patriot League fans have inferiority complexes
- the A-10 & its fans are seen as arrogant by everyone else
- there's a large anti-Delaware sentiment, probably because we have a lot of loyal fans
- the landscape of the power teams in the Southland has changed
- the bottom half of the Southern will always stink
- people think there is a rivalry between UMass & UD, which there really isn't much of one
- there aren't many african-americans on this site
- there is some sentiment for expanding the playoffs but more voices toward keeping it at 16
- most of all: if you want to hear opinions on the entirety of 1-AA football, not just you rown team or league, this is the place to get them!!!

Mr. C
July 20th, 2005, 01:30 PM
After JMU's unforgettable cinderella season on the way to the 2004 national championship, I have learned that Delaware fans still think that the Blue Hens are the defending national champions.

Also, why is there a lack of Eastern Washington fans on AGS?
There is also a lack of EWU fans in Cheney, Wash.

colgate13
July 20th, 2005, 02:19 PM
- Patriot League fans have inferiority complexes

Say what????

http://www.sdn.ac.uk/dixneuf/Napoleon%20victorieux.jpg

Why, I am absolutely certain that I am the funniest, best looking, smartest and most likeable guy on AGS! (though not the richest. I think that's Polson's brother with the expensive cars!!!)
:nod::nod::nod::nod::D:D:p:p

OL FU
July 20th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I have learned that the A-10 is the best damn conference I-AA has ever seen.
I have also learned that the Southern, Gateway, Southlands Big Sky, etc are the best damn conferences I-AA has ever seen.
I have learned that Blue Hens are not for laying eggs.
I now know where Hamilton NY is located.
I have learned that ASU fans know that GSU hates them more than anybody else and GSU fans know they hate Furman more than anybody else and Furman fans hate which ever one of the above teams is next on their schedule.
I have learned much about Western I-AA teams which has been one of the most important aspects for me.

And most importantly learned that mutual interest in I-AA football and this website provides for thoughtful, heated, heartfelt exchanges that make us all more knowledgable and hopefully appreciative of each other.

Tribe4SF
July 20th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I've learned that...
...Ralph is the center of the I-AA universe.
...Cap'n Cat likes women more than football.
...Pols and Grizo met as cellmates.
...Grizchik prefers the back rooms.
...Swami is a kid.
...The A-10 is the best conference in the history of I-AA.

blur2005
July 20th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I've learned (well, more like this site has given further evidence to the fact) that I-A needs a fricken playoff. Considering the emotion and drama this past playoff contained, I can hardly imagine it on the I-A scale. This has also shown me how backward I-A is on a lot of things, though I still love it as college football fan. I enjoy the I-AA atmosphere, the fact you have to win it all on the field, not just in the polls.

I've also learned a lot about other teams, the histories of various teams, and a whole lot of nicknames. Plus, before I was on here, I never knew a college team out there actually had an on-campus domed stadium...and that it was not a I-A team, but a I-AA team!

GtFllsGriz
July 20th, 2005, 03:19 PM
It's good to see some great responses.

Things I have learned:

The A10 is one tough conference
Contrary to prior beliefs, GSU has a lot of good (as in respectful) fans.
Furman is a small private school that can really play FB.
McNeese has the best tailgate parties as it relates to food.
JMU fans are humble in victory.
Fans think that Montana is the only school in the BSC.
Fans underestimate other BSC teams.
I-AA has great fans all around the country.
I-AA fans support each other against all I-A opponents.
The Southland conference has very respectful fans, win or lose.
Not all Griz fans can party like Polsongriz. Age and hangovers prevent it.

to name a few...

CrunchGriz
July 20th, 2005, 03:25 PM
There is also a lack of EWU fans in Cheney, Wash.

Are you speaking relatively, or absolutely, Mr. C? In relative terms, EWU has many fans in Cheney. In absolute terms, very few--Cheney has a population of a whopping 10,070, give or take a birth or death or two.

Now as to why they don't draw better from Spokane, which has a population of 195,500 in its city limits alone and is only about 17 miles away from Cheney, can you say "Washington State Cougars"?

At least they get an overflow crowd once every two years at either Joe Albi in Spokane or Woodward on-campus (at least until they start restricting visiting teams' ticket allotments--oh, heck, that wouldn't stop the Griz fans from finding a way to get tickets--who am I kidding?).

JMU Duke Dog
July 20th, 2005, 03:25 PM
It's good to see some great responses.

Things I have learned:

JMU fans are humble in victory.

Thanks for the compliment GtFllsGriz. The Montana fans really impressed me by their showing in Chattanooga and were really nice to talk with while at the pregame festivities at the stadium's adjoining pavilion. Maybe both teams will be able to make return trips in 2005 to Chattanooga.

kats89
July 20th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I've learned that Tx State-SAN MARCOS fans and Sam Houston St still hate each other. :nod:

Honestly though, I have learned some interesting things about other I-AA programs across the country and hopefull some have learned a few things about SHSU>

igo4uni
July 20th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I learned all about why Delaware and Michigan share similar helmet designs. The first time I logged on here, I honestly thought that 89Hen was also a big Michigan fan. I had no idea that he was sportin' the Delaware helmet as his avatar. :)

peace

igo4uni

ChickenMan
July 20th, 2005, 04:38 PM
what I've learned...

1... that JMU didn't have any fans (at least none posting here) until they won the 1AA title last year.

2... that Montana is a great place to visit and see a game

3... that too many of us have way too much spare time

4... that Nova still sucks

5... that umassfan loves UD

6... that Ralph hates 1aa and 1AA

7... that Del St has no fans

8... that buckp is older than me

9... that I don't miss RU4GSU

10.. that UD fans post too much

eaglefan452
July 20th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I have learned that ASU fans know that GSU hates them more than anybody else and GSU fans know they hate Furman more than anybody else and Furman fans hate which ever one of the above teams is next on their schedule.

I had to construct a little flow chart to figure that one out, but once I figured it out, it made a hell of a lot of sense.

McNeeserocket
July 20th, 2005, 05:22 PM
- the landscape of the power teams in the Southland has changed

I have learned that several AGS loyal fans are ready to bury teams when they have one bad year. In addition and for your information, The Southland has always had solid good competition from all of its members with the conference title changing on a regular basis (except for 2001, 2002, and 2003 when McNeese held or shared the title for three straight years).

The Southland Title in 2005 has not been awarded yet and no one has been eliminated yet, contrary to what many may subscribed to on this board!!

GOKATS
July 20th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Being out west in the BSC we have, in the past, had very little knowledge about other 1-AA teams and conferences until playoff time. Thanks to AGS I have learned more about 1-AA than I can list.

Thanks AGS!!

:bow: :bow:

dungeonjoe
July 20th, 2005, 06:25 PM
I have learned:

1. "College football is much more than just a game" is especially true with I-AA fans on AGS.

2. As much as we gripe with one another in season and out, we rally en mass to the defense of I-AA whenever an ignorant reporter starts spouting off. (I think it speaks pretty well when email response comes from around the country to that Pittsburgh newspaper)

3. Agreement on any subject is not mandatory.

4. I have learned more about other SoCon programs than what I read in the game programs.

5. I am proud of Furman, GSU, and APP ST for the storied tradition they have in the I-AA world.

6. OOC games within I-AA are a strength and something I hope more ADs look at in the future (greater weight given in playoff consideration??)

7. If you are too drunk to drive, maybe you're too drunk to post on AGS ;)

8. There are X number of days left until kickoff

9. Every dog has his day-- those teams on top this year, might not be there next year (no matter how much we defend, spout, or pout)

10. AGS is a great stress reliever after a long day

11. Ralph is not paid enough for all that he does to promote I-AA

superbrett2000
July 20th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Now as to why they don't draw better from Spokane, which has a population of 195,500 in its city limits alone and is only about 17 miles away from Cheney, can you say "Washington State Cougars"?

Thats part of it. From what I gathered from my time at EWU, Spokane is a VERY band wagon town. If EWU starts off well next season, you could see some support from Spokane. Aside from when we won the first round in the playoffs last year you wouldnt even know EWU had a football program by looking at the local media coverage. Likewise for when the basketball team went to the Big Dance. They also have Gonzaga to root for, but give Gonazaga a few bad seasons and you will see even Spokane ignore them.

TxSt02
July 20th, 2005, 06:33 PM
I've learned that:
- there aren't many african-americans on this site

Please expand. I find this interesting... Is this because of an overall lack of SWAC and MEAC fans represented on the site??? How do you know I am not black? I don't its bad that you wrote that just curious how you came to the conclusion...I actually find it amusing...

MR. CHICKEN
July 20th, 2005, 07:07 PM
AH HAVE COME TA BELIEVE:

DAT CAP 'N IS BURNIN' FO' GRIZCHIK!
GRIZCHIK WILL SAMPLE ANYTHIN' IN UH BOTTLE!
RALPH HAS EARNED MO' FREQUENT FLYER MILES...DAN JOHN TRAVOLTA!
SEVERAL GRIZZWALDS MAY BE DATIN' EACH OTHERAH!
UMASSFAN...PLAYED IN DUH HELMETLESS ERA!
DERE ARE SIX FLAGS OVERAH GEORGIA AN' NOT JES' GREAT ADVENTURE!
JMU AN' WM & MARY FANS CAN HOP ON UH WAGON BETTERAH DAN JOHN WAYNE!
BUCK IS DUH ONLY SOUTHLANDER WHIFF UH COMPUTER!
MONTANA STATE FANS SPEND MO' DUCATS ON RYDER TRUCKS DAN SNOWMOBILES!
HACHIKO....HAS RUN AWAY AN' JOINED DUH CIRCUS!
SWAC'ERS CAN SPIN LONGER DAN TOY TOPS!
HAAVAAAD WUDDA BEAT JMU...IN DUH DANCE!
DERE IS MO' IVY IN DUH PATRIOT...DAN IN DUH IVY!
UH SALUKI..IS UH DAWG DAT CHOKES ON DUH OPENIN' KICK-OFF!
DUH TERRIERS ARE ONE TOUGH BREED!
BLUEHEN FANS..FEEL DUH LOVE.....FO' BLUEHEN FANS!
YA'LL HAVE ZANY TASTES IN MUSIC!
YA'LL HAVE HEARD O' TUBBY RAYMOND!
OH YEAH....AN' I-AA FANS.....FROM EVERAH-WHERE..ARE ALL DAT!

[email protected]/GOI-AA! :nod:

dungeonjoe
July 20th, 2005, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN]
HACHIKO....HAS RUN AWAY AN' JOINED DUH CIRCUS!

I forgot about him... and the other thing I learned... Mr.Chicken is one persistent cluck-- always staying in character! :nod:

GOKATS
July 20th, 2005, 07:30 PM
AH HAVE COME TA BELIEVE:

MONTANA STATE FANS SPEND MO' DUCATS ON RYDER TRUCKS DAN SNOWMOBILES!

:nod:

If duh roads weren't plowed to the stadium, ya'll would hear a lot more about snowmobiles. :)

foghorn
July 20th, 2005, 07:44 PM
:D 1. Ralph has a list and is checkin' it twice; gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
2. There are other teams in the Big Sky besides Montana.
3. There are some PL fans who actually believe their teams give no financial aid to football players.
4. There are 2 GSU's in I-AA, and there might be a 3rd in the future (Georgia State Univ.).
5. JMU and UD fans are very similar in their approach to their football programs. Both very dedicated, but braggadocious. But it's ALL GOOD! :p
Go Hens!

OrneryAggie
July 20th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I've learned the names of many universities I hadn't heard of before and to forget the names of all the DII universities (except for that craphole called bloomsburg).

I've also realized that east coast bias exists because y'all typically have more than one other IAA school within a 5 hour drive of your campus.

The biggest thing I've found is that IAA is a lot tougher than Suc St and St Mary's College(R.I.P.).

ngineer
July 20th, 2005, 09:37 PM
The biggest thing I've learned is the is about the quality of a number of conferences and schools I only heard about before. The exchange of ideas and info on these boards has certainly changed my perception of many things.
The biggest thing I've enjoyed is 'meeting' all the different characters that make up I-AA Land.

igo4uni
July 20th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I have learned:

11. Ralph is not paid enough for all that he does to promote I-AA

Amen.

peace

igo4uni

bobcatfan06
July 20th, 2005, 10:13 PM
AH HAVE COME TA BELIEVE:

DERE ARE SIX FLAGS OVERAH GEORGIA AN' NOT JES' GREAT ADVENTURE!

There are like 10 Six Flags across the country, and the first one was in Arlington, Texas. Six Flags Over Texas, named for the six flags that have flown over the land that is now Texas (Spain, France, Mexico, Confederacy, Republic of Texas and USA)

TheValleyRaider
July 20th, 2005, 10:25 PM
There are like 10 Six Flags across the country, and the first one was in Arlington, Texas. Six Flags Over Texas, named for the six flags that have flown over the land that is now Texas (Spain, France, Mexico, Confederacy, Republic of Texas and USA)

I believe this is what Mr. Chicken means:
http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/paulson.jpg

Purple Knight
July 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I've learned that on any given Saturday that a 1AA is up against a 1A, they will have the support of 99% of AGS members, PERIOD.

blukeys
July 20th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I learned that:

Colgate should never play UD in the last game of the season.

Colgate has a much larger number of loyal posters than one would expect from a "small liberal arts college". :D

Every UMASS player is a "monster." :eek:

Lehigh sees themselves as the "Red Sox" and UD as the "hated Yankees"

If you want an excuse for losing a game just check any UMASS post.

There was something in the water around UNI during the 80's that produced some very bizarre mental conditions among football players. A study needs to be done and help to the afflicted must be initiated!

Lafayette's football program was on the ropes and then came back. Here's hoping other programs in trouble can turn it around too.

Delaware fans defend their Hens the way a Bear (apologies to UM and UM) defends it's Cubs. I thought I was the only one.

Wofford is a College that plays football and their students have high SAT scores. (maybe even higher than Colgate's !!!) :eek:

Colgate 13 can get a Colgate plug into any thread even one that involves flavored bottled water.

Coastal Carolina fans are as rabid as anyone about their team. Best of luck to them.

The fans on this board are 100 times more accurate about the strengths and weaknesses of their respective teams than any local newspaper article.

GSU fans are ready to fire their coach whenever the Eagles lose.

Buckp likes to drink snakebites while camping like me. :D :D :D

Local rivalries are ALWAYS the best and the funniest. I look forward to the GSU-Furman, Montana-Montana State, McNeese- Northwestern, Lehigh Lafayette Smack as much as anything. It proves that college football is about much more than the game itself. :) :) :)

bobcatfan06
July 21st, 2005, 12:21 AM
I believe this is what Mr. Chicken means:
http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/paulson.jpg

Ohhhh, oops, my bad Chicken Man. Oh well at least everyone learned some history of Six Flags theme parks. :bang:

umassfan
July 21st, 2005, 01:42 AM
That Delaware fans, players, and coaches are all full of themselfs

GSU fans still call the 98 game a gift

JMU fans were easier to argue with before their championship

There are too many damn Montana fans

An A10 team should never lose to a Pat league team EVER

Delaware fans bring up their record vs us in every arguement

That with the recent lack of success from the SOCON, no one is even close to the same level as the A10/CAA.

But most important... I-AA football aint that bad after all!

blukeys
July 21st, 2005, 02:31 AM
That Delaware fans, players, and coaches are all full of themselfs.

That with the recent lack of success from the SOCON, no one is even close to the same level as the A10/CAA.

We have a 65 year tradition of excellence and have learned how to spell themselves in middle school.

GSU fans still call the 98 game a gift.
GSU is notoriously stingy be thankful for the gift. They don't give it all the time.

JMU fans were easier to argue with before their championship. Dittto Umassfans

There are too many damn Montana fans. Not really Just too few UMASS fans but this will all change if UMASS goes I-A. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

An A10 team should never lose to a Pat league team EVER. Last 2 A-10 teams to lose to a PL team were Richmond and UMASS. Did you forget?

Delaware fans bring up their record vs us in every arguement. Delaware fans argue with facts. Umass fans argue with emotion. We can't help it if your "feelings" have no basis in the real world.

That with the recent lack of success from the SOCON, no one is even close to the same level as the A10/CAA. A-10 is unbelievably tough but the best in the Southern would be competitive. I seem to remember JMU 14 Furman 13.

But most important... I-AA football aint that bad after all.

PLEEEEEEASE UMASSFAN Tell that to Whipple and your athletic administration. I believe that UMass is better off at the I-AA level. But my opinion counts for nothing. Have your guys make a decision and if you want to stay I-AA, quit knocking the division. We all want UMASS to stay even if it is only to pick on you. :) :) :)

catbob
July 21st, 2005, 02:48 AM
3 words.

East. Coast. Bias.

=]

umassfan
July 21st, 2005, 03:38 AM

We have a 65 year tradition of excellence and have learned how to spell themselves in middle school.

GSU fans still call the 98 game a gift.
GSU is notoriously stingy be thankful for the gift. They don't give it all the time.

JMU fans were easier to argue with before their championship. Dittto Umassfans

There are too many damn Montana fans. Not really Just too few UMASS fans but this will all change if UMASS goes I-A. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

An A10 team should never lose to a Pat league team EVER. Last 2 A-10 teams to lose to a PL team were Richmond and UMASS. Did you forget?

Delaware fans bring up their record vs us in every arguement. Delaware fans argue with facts. Umass fans argue with emotion. We can't help it if your "feelings" have no basis in the real world.

That with the recent lack of success from the SOCON, no one is even close to the same level as the A10/CAA. A-10 is unbelievably tough but the best in the Southern would be competitive. I seem to remember JMU 14 Furman 13.

But most important... I-AA football aint that bad after all.

PLEEEEEEASE UMASSFAN Tell that to Whipple and your athletic administration. I believe that UMass is better off at the I-AA level. But my opinion counts for nothing. Have your guys make a decision and if you want to stay I-AA, quit knocking the division. We all want UMASS to stay even if it is only to pick on you. :) :) :)

Spelling, gramer and english... is, was, and never will be my strong point so live with it.

As for our championship... what team won it first in the A10 :D

UMass football fans will never top our basketball faithful... but thats why they made people like me who are trying to increase the UMass football nation.

I made the PAT league comment because of our loss to Colgate!

Call bringing up the record 10000000 times whatever you want... but when you say it to everything it gets old.... we all are aware of it... get new facts.

Not saying the SOCON fell off completely but its not the same it use to be a few years back when someone was in the NC game year in year out.

We may not have much choice about the I-AA matter if the NCAA does something about it first. Unless a UMass grad wins the LOTO I dont think we will be going anywhere soon! I do believe the AD who made all the comments has left for Baylor though.

bluehenbillk
July 21st, 2005, 07:27 AM
gramer? My 7 month old could get closer to spelling "grammar" correctly than that.

colgate13
July 21st, 2005, 07:52 AM
I learned that:

Colgate should never play UD in the last game of the season.

Truer words have not often been spoken. :nod:

GannonFan
July 21st, 2005, 08:32 AM
UMass football fans will never top our basketball faithful... but thats why they made people like me who are trying to increase the UMass football nation.

Call bringing up the record 10000000 times whatever you want... but when you say it to everything it gets old.... we all are aware of it... get new facts.

First of all, what basketball faithful??? There weren't many people going to UMass games before the scandal-plagued Calipari era, and after that era the Mullins Center is a cavern of empty seats today.

And as for new stats, we'll break out the new 24-4 stat after November 5th this year!

SoCon48
July 21st, 2005, 10:16 AM
Didn't take long for the A-10 is stronger than the SoCon comments to start.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

GtFllsGriz
July 21st, 2005, 10:36 AM
More.....

Your team, no matter who you are, is still better than everyone else no matter what the score said....

There is an east coast bias...

AGS is dispelling the myths of the east coast bia...never mind the media

The east is learning that we really can play football in the west...

A10 fans would eat their young to proove who is the best A10 team...

Debating football is the real national past time...

Watching GSU, Appy and Furman play each other on TV is a necessity now...

We need more Montana fans on this board, Delaware is catching us...

Delaware needs new helmets, they still look like Michigan wannabes...sorry, I know the history....can't help it

Title games should be played in Vegas...

There should be an AGS party at every title game no matter who is playing...the winning team buys!!!!!

Fordham
July 21st, 2005, 10:51 AM
Great topic.

*Right or wrong, I've learned that my perception of a particular school is very much influenced by the quality of the poster from that school. Some quick examples being that I'd love to have a beer or ten with anyone from Montana or UNI, have great discussions with people from Gate, Lehigh or Wofford, and would find it interesting to commisserate over who has the "biggest inferiority complex" with anyone from that consistently under-worshipped school - UMASS.

*Seeing the stadiums, attendance, reading about budgets for different programs, etc. has also helped raise my expecations for our program as well as provide some specifics to back up those ideas/recommendations.

*The other PL members on here reinforce my hope that our ties with that conference only strengthen.

*Most people seem to have already typed the word "you" into the quick reply box while waiting for any slip up from UD so they can finish it with "suck" and hit the reply button.

Eagle_77
July 21st, 2005, 11:07 AM

I’m not sure how you came to this but I will put some facts out there. No if you are talking about putting teams in the finals then I can see where you are coming from but I really would not call this a lack of success.

98- GSU Finals: lost ( gave Umass a Gift LOL)
99- GSU Finals: won (Wow!)
00- ASU Simi’s: lost (gave Montana a scare at home)
- GSU Finals: won
01- GSU Simi’s: lost ( lost to Furman)
- Furman Finals: lost (great game in the finals)
02- GSU Simi’s: lost (to NC)
03- Wofford Simi’s: lost (to NC)
04- Furman Quarters: lost (by one point to NC)

While the SoCon has not won or put a team in the NC game since 01 I don’t see how since 98 we have had 8 teams in the Simi finals or better is falling off.

In fact since 1991 there has been a Socon team in the Simi Finals or better all but 2 years and one was last year when Furman lost to NC JMU by 1 point in the quarters and in 1997 when GSU lost to Delaware by 9 points in the Quarter Finals.

So please explain this drop off you speak of.

GannonFan
July 21st, 2005, 12:43 PM
Didn't take long for the A-10 is stronger than the SoCon comments to start.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Come on, from my count there was all of ONE comment saying that, and it was from UMassFan, of all people. Let's not start an argument where one doesn't exist.

What I've learned:

- the Cap'n has an exceedingly odd collection of photographs, not to mention some weird fetish surrounding felines

- there's underreporting of playoff attendance at every other IAA school, not just UD

- West Coast people are fascinated with the concept of East Coast bias

- no mid major has been good enough or played a tough enough schedule to warrant admission to the playoffs...yet

- Southern can't stand Jackson St, and probably vice-versa (I would've thought that would be the case with Grambling but apparently not)

- the Ohio Valley conference may never recover from their current, extended malaise

- that parts of Tennessee really are parts of the Ohio Valley

- Dome teams really are at a disadvantage in the elements, especially when playing in a partially frozen, post-blizzard Delaware Stadium.

- the "Wing-Bone" offense is just a fancy name for a group of plays that borrow from the Wing T and Wishbone offenses.

- there's an amazing number of people out there, from very many different schools, that are convinced the only quality education you can get is from the school they went to.

- Macomb, IL really is in the middle of nowhere

- Colgate in December in Hamilton is a force to be reckoned with

- Colgate in December in Chattanooga is not a force to be reckoned with

- that you can set Ralph off at an istant just by typing 1AA or that a player is transferring to a IAA school from Division I.

- that dislike of never-ending rosey predictions of almost always unrealized UMass football success is a tie that binds the IAA world (or AGS world) together

and finally,

- that nova sucks (naw, I knew that already! :nod: )

Pard94
July 21st, 2005, 12:45 PM
Colgate is "reloading" not "rebuilding"
Colgate13 knows way too much about I-AA football
Old perceptions die hard
Delaware fans hate Nova almost as much as Lafayette fans hate Lehigh
Lehigh fans don't seem to have much faith in their coach
Lafayette fans are a cautious lot...I have begged and pleaded for my fellow fans to join me on this board...to no avail. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE PARDS!

I have also learned I don't follow directions well as most of what Ihave learned pertains to MY league.

GreatAppSt
July 21st, 2005, 03:01 PM
I've learned I can still manage to count backwards from 100

Swami now dislikes ASU :confused:

Coulson knows his I-AA beat

"We've got six flags" is the real school motto at GSU

Wofford's coach is a big time fan of Hong Kong Fooey

Monte really can ride a Harley

I will have a place to watch live football this fall without driving 800+ miles

Furman fans hate bad grammer.

:D

OL FU
July 21st, 2005, 03:04 PM
I had to construct a little flow chart to figure that one out, but once I figured it out, it made a hell of a lot of sense.

Send me that flow chart, I could use it.

OL FU
July 21st, 2005, 03:12 PM
I've learned I can still manage to count backwards from 100

Swami now dislikes ASU :confused:

Coulson knows his I-AA beat

"We've got six flags" is the real school motto at GSU

Wofford's coach is a big time fan of Hong Kong Fooey

Monte really can ride a Harley

I will have a place to watch live football this fall without driving 800+ miles

Furman fans hate bad grammer.

:D

You have not read my posts!!!! :eek: :)

Killtoppers90
July 21st, 2005, 03:15 PM
I've learned that:

1) Division 1-AA football is REAL football, with a TRUE CHAMPION each year.

2) GSU has one of the best stadiums to play in I've ever seen with some of the greatest fans.

3) EKU STILL sucks!

4) The Gateway Conference teams beat the crap out of each other every single year with few "gimme" games.

5) That the brotherhood of 1-AA fans on this board is second to none!

6) Regardless of your team winning the Championship, the team that wins EARNED IT!

7) I wanna party with Cap'n, Griz and all you other guys (and you too GrizChic!)

El Griz
July 21st, 2005, 04:39 PM
--First thing I learned was what the term "Cracker" meant.

--That most conferences have a reffing problem.

--That I have met GrizChic before, just can't remember what
number she was.

--If you dislike a poster at first, stick around and you may end up respecting
them. Makes me wonder how many good people I dissed in real life.

--That Mr. Chicken has MU'CH PATIENCE TUH TYPE DUH WA-Y HE DUHS

--Most importantly, that my company does monitor my internet usage!

89rabbit
July 21st, 2005, 04:44 PM
--Most importantly, that my company does monitor my internet usage!

:lmao:

BlackSaturday
July 21st, 2005, 08:33 PM
Being a I-AA neophyte when I stepped foot into Kidd Brewer in 2001 I've learned:
Around the SoCon:

--That GSU thinks Apps fans are the worst and that App fans think GSU has the worst fans--and they are both right

--That Furman runs a respectable program, but don't often meet the high expectations

--That August is the best time to be a Catamount fan and come December--"Next year is our year"

--That Wofford is a school of elite super genius ninjas with recent football success

--That the only things certain in life are death, taxes, and The Citadel is looking for a new coach

--That either UTC is the worst program at developing players or they have the best SID people in the nation.

--That Elon is VMIs long lost cousin--similiar uniforms and similiar output.

--That every year Coach Moore is getting fired and App is going I-A

And the tie that binds us all :

Marshall fans don't have class and their players don't go to class

therealbigredrules
July 21st, 2005, 09:53 PM
I've learned that:

Delaware is more than a PO Box for Credit Card Companies, Federal Savings Banks, Loan Brokers and Finance Companies. It has other uses.

biobengal
July 22nd, 2005, 01:01 AM
I've learned that:

1: All the quality ISU's play 1-AA football

2: Your relegated to 1-AA obscurity if you havn't won a NC or been to the playoffs in 20 odd years.

3. Blue hen is a language. BAWK!!

blukeys
July 22nd, 2005, 01:02 AM
Marshall fans don't have class and their players don't go to class

My visits to Huntington taught me that:
Marshall fans don't have teeth
but their spit goes further than anyone in the Southeast. :p :D ;) :)